PDA

View Full Version : Quick Master of Orion Question

Lord Tyger
2012-07-05, 12:32 PM
So, I've been playing this game again (it's been a while!) and I seem to lost track of something. Namely, how do I invade planets? My own, specifically. I've been playing the other races off against each other fairly successfully,but one of my planets has rebelled, and I can't figure out how to land troops to retake it. Is there a specific technology I need?

Brother Oni
2012-07-05, 12:47 PM
So, I've been playing this game again (it's been a while!) and I seem to lost track of something. Namely, how do I invade planets? My own, specifically. I've been playing the other races off against each other fairly successfully,but one of my planets has rebelled, and I can't figure out how to land troops to retake it. Is there a specific technology I need?

According to an online version of the manual, you need to transport enough people to the planet. Having never played the first game, that's all I can suggest, sorry.

In MoO2, you need to have transport ships, which are researched off Cold Fusion in the Power tree.
You could get away with having a cruiser or bigger and Telepathic racial trait, but as you've said it's one of your own colonies rebelling, they'll be Telepathic as well.

Lord Tyger
2012-07-05, 01:37 PM
Ahh, I've worked it out. There's a transport button on the planet screen, separate from the normal ship building options.