PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Build help...?

Kitzo
2012-07-05, 05:34 PM
So I want to build a character in the base off of a lighting ninja, high move speed and lighting casting, with a surikkan of thundering and shocking enchancements. I can currently only think of a monk sorc with the monk feat and just advance monk and sorc with the feat, but I just want the casting for lighting, getting a good chunk of those, for fluff only, and otherwise just running around with about 100ft move speed without flight... And the ability to become lighting for more move speed would be cool, basically just making kennen from LoL. Tons of move speed with lighting casts for fluff. So if anyone could help me that would be cool. Might toss in draconic vigor and get a draconic aura for more fluff, but fluff. So any ideas? A flat build would really help, otherwise I could just try and work my way through it.

Warning: Fun build not optimizing, I know you could make something ten times better but I want to just troll my party moving over a lake without waterwalking. Just for fun, so don't troll it please.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-07-05, 05:39 PM
Have you considered Divine casting? Cloistered Cleric, combined with CAdv ninja and Stormlord (CDiv) would get you decent divine casting, along with (free!) shocking/thundering weapons. Only javelins and spears, though, unless you could convince your DM to allow it on shuriken...

Yukitsu
2012-07-05, 06:30 PM
Swordsage is good for that style of character. Just refluff desert wind from fire to lightning damage and you're a good deal there. There are a lot of speed boosts in desert wind that deal elemental damage as you go by, and you can even hit a circular area by running around really quickly via desert wind for elemental damage.

By 9th level using the step of the dancing moth stance you can walk over water without magic. The class even gets a short range, non-magical flash.

The main problem you'll find is that you won't be fantastic at throwing shuriken with this set up. You can delay the water walking ability by mixing in some other classes (ideally one with shuriken as a class weapon). Blood storm blade could be a worthwhile class to take afterwards, but that's more for larger weapons. It'll still probably be one of your best bets. It would either require 1 level of warblade, or 2 feats. 7 levels of bloodstorm blade gets you "eye of the storm" which seems like something you'd want.