PDA

View Full Version : [D&D] Deity help: Xan Yae?

JellyPooga
2012-07-06, 04:22 AM
After searching through all the Greyhawk material I have from AD&D to 3.5, I can't seem to find anything regarding the holy symbol for Xan Yae. I know her favoured weapon is the Falchion (which she dual-wields, apparantly) and/or monk weapons (as a group) and that her clerics tend to wear "sunset coloured" robes under dark cloaks, but as for what her holy symbol actually looks like; nothing. Anyone got any idea?

Yora
2012-07-06, 04:33 AM
Xan Yae is a goddess of twilight, shadows, stealth, and mental power worshipped on Oerth. Her symbol is a black lotus blossom.

The second result in google. :smallbiggrin:

Elemental
2012-07-06, 04:42 AM
Most likely one of the species N. Nucifera.
There are other species, but this is the one associated with the East Asian traditions.

And it looks like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ed/Sacred_lotus_Nelumbo_nucifera.jpg/220px-Sacred_lotus_Nelumbo_nucifera.jpg

JellyPooga
2012-07-06, 04:57 AM
Wow, quite why I didn't google it first, I don't know. I think I must have failed at my "Use Brain" check on that one! Thanks guys. :smallwink:

Xiander
2012-07-06, 07:20 AM
Wow, quite why I didn't google it first, I don't know. I think I must have failed at my "Use Brain" check on that one! Thanks guys. :smallwink:

At least you didn't fumble it and drop your brain on the ground :smallwink:

KillianHawkeye
2012-07-07, 07:20 AM

At least you weren't trying to use the outdated Brain Use skill instead. :smallamused: