PDA

View Full Version : Help: PrC with full BAB and full (divine)spellcasting?

Garwain
2012-07-06, 08:44 AM
I'm looking for a PrC with full BAB and full (divine)spellcasting progression for 1 to 4 levels long. Not-setting specific and no ToB/ToM.

I know you know them and I'd like to know too...

Thanks.

PS: Sacred Fist is ruled out due to prereqs.

dextercorvia
2012-07-06, 08:47 AM
I'm looking for a PrC with full BAB and full (divine)spellcasting progression for 1 to 4 levels long. Not-setting specific and no ToB/ToM.

I know you know them and I'd like to know too...

Thanks.

PS: Sacred Fist is ruled out due to prereqs.

Hexer (RotW)

Edit: Masters of the Wild, not Races

Spuddles
2012-07-06, 08:53 AM
Knight of the Raven (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft).

NeoSeraphi
2012-07-06, 08:56 AM
First of all, because of how divine PrCs tend to be flavored, you should tell us if you have any alignment restrictions. Your alignment will generally limit which divine PrCs you have access to.

That said, if I remember correctly, the Bone Knight PrC has full BAB and 9/10 casting, though I don't know what level it loses casting (might be 1st).

That's the only one that springs to mind, though. Generally, full BAB divine PrCs are for paladins, and they give half-casting.

Amoren
2012-07-06, 09:02 AM
Boneknight uses a caster level at first level, yes. So does Knight of the Raven. That said, I like and have played both.

Garwain
2012-07-06, 09:46 AM
First of all, because of how divine PrCs tend to be flavored, you should tell us if you have any alignment restrictions. Your alignment will generally limit which divine PrCs you have access to.
Anything one step away from true neutral.

Hexer is a great find! Although 3.0 and the fact that is has as prereq: able to cast 'lightning bolt' which is an arcane spell in 3.5....

I also found Fochluchan Lyrist, but too hard to get into. Proves how crazy that class is anyway...

All in all, this seems more difficult than anticipated.

Spuddles
2012-07-06, 09:48 AM

Hexer is a great find! Although 3.0 and the fact that is has as prereq: able to cast 'lightning bolt' which is an arcane spell in 3.5....

I also found Fochluchan Lyrist, but too hard to get into. Proves how crazy that class is anyway...

All in all, this seems more difficult than anticipated.

It's an NPC prestige class for monsters. The Adept has lightning bolt on its spell list; Adepts are supposed to be the casters for orcs and goblins and stuff.

You can enter as an Archivist....

Amoren
2012-07-06, 12:25 PM
You could not worry about the BAB requirement. Cleric + DMM: Persist + Divine Power = Full BAB, all day long. Cleric + Dweomkeeper = Full BAB and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Cleric + Dweomkeeper + Extraordinairy Spell Aim + Anti-Magic Field = DM hits you with the book.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-07-06, 12:35 PM
Runestaff + UMD = qualify for Hexer. Or just use Archivist.

I'll agree though that DMM: Persist Divine Power is probably your best choice, unless you actually need the BAB to qualify for something.

A Dweomerkeeper doesn't need Extraordinary Spell Aim unless he wants to exclude his allies from the AMF, because he can cast in it just fine with Initiate of Mystra.

Amoren
2012-07-06, 12:37 PM
Runestaff + UMD = qualify for Hexer. Or just use Archivist.

I'll agree though that DMM: Persist Divine Power is probably your best choice, unless you actually need the BAB to qualify for something.

A Dweomerkeeper doesn't need Extraordinary Spell Aim unless he wants to exclude his allies from the AMF, because he can cast in it just fine with Initiate of Mystra.

Point, but Initiate of Mystra isn't available in every setting unless by DM house rule, and some might want to worship non-magic based gods (although they fit very well with Dweomerkeeper). That and its always nice to call down a flame strike centered directly on top of yourself and walk away unscathed.

Andorax
2012-07-06, 12:38 PM
Bone Knight, alas, has Medium BAB.

Hospitaler (CD) has full BAB, 7/10

Fist of Raziel (BoED) is full BAB, 9/10, though it might be tricky to get into (it's designed for Exalted Paldins)

Swanmay (BoED) is full BAB, 9/10 for druid/ranger casting only.

Deadgrim (MoE) is full BAB, 4/5 casting.

Triadic Knight (CoV) is full BAB, 5/7 casting.

wait....FOUND ONE!

Windwalker (Faiths & Pantheons). Full BAB, 10/10 divine casting!
It's 3.0, has a sackload of pre-requisites...but it's 10 and 10/10.

eggs
2012-07-06, 01:02 PM
Bone Knight, alas, has Medium BAB.
But if we say otherwise every single time the class crosses our minds, that might stop being true!

But if Windwaker, Hexer and the Abjurant Champion adaptation clause have been mentioned, I've got nothing. Maybe a Dragonslayer dip.

For close-to-full Casting and full BA, the Sanctified Mind and Cyran Avenger are decent.

ThiagoMartell
2012-07-06, 01:15 PM

It's supposed to be used by the Adept NPC class, that gets lightning bold as a divine spell.
Archivist works as well.

Windwalker, from Faiths and Pantheons, is full BAB and full divine casting, as well.
EDIT: ninja'ed

Essence_of_War
2012-07-06, 02:50 PM
Nonsense.

It's intended for fire element Shugenja :smalltongue:

ThiagoMartell
2012-07-06, 03:10 PM
Nonsense.

It's intended for fire element Shugenja :smalltongue:

Didn't know Masters of the Wild was written by time travelers :smalltongue:

Essence_of_War
2012-07-06, 03:14 PM
Yes, well, there is that slight difficulty. :smallbiggrin:

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-07-06, 03:32 PM
Well there is the Verdant Lord in Masters of the Wild, has Full BAB and 10/10 casting but requires you to be able to cast control plants....an 8th level spell....as a prereq for a 10 level class.....WTF?

eggs
2012-07-06, 04:50 PM
Well there is the Verdant Lord in Masters of the Wild, has Full BAB and 10/10 casting but requires you to be able to cast control plants....an 8th level spell....as a prereq for a 10 level class.....WTF?
Control Plants was a Druid 4/Plant 4/Ranger 3 spell in 3.0.

It's not RAW, but I'd expect most groups to replace it with Command Plants in a 3.5 game (seeing as it became the new Druid 4/Plant 4/Ranger 3 spell).