PDA

View Full Version : Getting Solid SR

Roguenewb
2012-07-06, 02:26 PM
What is the best way to get good SR without casting spells?

Hirax
2012-07-06, 02:34 PM
Daazix's (sp?) vest from the DMG improves your existing SR by 5. The forsaker prc from Masters of the Wild gets SR improvements that stack with existing SR.

Essence_of_War
2012-07-06, 02:40 PM
Cleric Spell: Spell Resistance (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spellResistance.htm)

It's pretty easy to buff your CL to the moon.

Incarnates can shape the Spellward Shirt. This is pretty respectable at low-mid levels but drops off at high levels. Totemists can shape Dread Carapace, I don't remember how well this one scales though, or if it requires a bind.

If you can buy-off the LA on a Karsite (ToM), Bariaur (BoED), or Drow (srd/PHB/MM1) they give pretty good, scaling, SR. So does the spell-warped template, but it's nigh-impossible to buy-off. Githyanki and Githzerai give slightly worse scaling SR. Again, consider only if you can buy-off the LA.

Lapak
2012-07-06, 03:13 PM
Incarnates can shape the Spellward Shirt. This is pretty respectable at low-mid levels but drops off at high levels. Totemists can shape Dread Carapace, I don't remember how well this one scales though, or if it requires a bind.Depends on what you're willing to sink into it. An Incarnate willing to invest a feat and an item into it can punch up as high as SR 37 by 18th level; I'd call that pretty respectable, especially as an always-on effect.