PDA

View Full Version : List of classes with self contained spellcasting

123456789blaaa
2012-07-06, 04:57 PM
There are many interesting classes out there that are unfortunately ignored due to lost caster levels :smallfrown:. However classes with self contained spellcasting fixes this problem somewhat so I want to make a list of them (I might as well add manifesting classes too) ... and that's about it really. I know that they are pretty badly organized at the moment but I swear that I'll do better when I get some more from you guys.

Arcane: suel arcanamach (complete arcane), nar demonbinder (online,unapproachable east) , demonologist (book of vile darkness), mortal hunter (book of vile darkness), Telflammar Shadowlord (unapproachable east), Thayan Slaver (unapproachable east),

Divine: Pious templar (online, complete divine), ur priest (book of vile darkness, Nentyar Hunter (unapproachable east), Runescarred
Berserker (not a spellcasting class but some people think that runescars can be advanced by divine prc's) (unapproachable east),

These are all the ones that I can remember right now. Help (more prc's, organizational advice) would be greatly appreciated. If you guys don't mind, evaluations of these classes would also be very nice.

eggs
2012-07-06, 05:04 PM
There are a ton. Too many for me to want to start dumpster-diving for all the options, or assessing them individually.

Fortunately, PBMC already (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8664.msg290439#msg290439) did that.

EDIT:
As a rule of thumb, the higher the spell level available and the more splatbook support, the better a class list is going to be. So Ur-Priest, Sublime Chord and Beholder Mage basically dominate (lots of splats AND high level spells); Chameleon, Nar Demonbinder and Apostle of Peace are pretty good (Lots of splats OR high level spells) and Pious Templar, Blackguard Suel Arcanamach and Assassin are above average (Decent splats, not notably high spell levels).

ThiagoMartell
2012-07-06, 05:14 PM
Elric VIII did a list here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181091).