PDA

View Full Version : build help

Azoth
2012-07-06, 08:07 PM
Hey forum. I am working on a character build and hitting a brick wall like a mac truck. I have a character concept in mind, but can't really flesh it out. I am trying to build a native american themed character. I have to have a 2 level monk base. This is non-negotiable and has to be the first two levels. I planned for this character to be a scout and manage unarmored. That is about all I have so far. Starting level is 4, race is human, most 3.5 is allowed. Stats can't be changed and are Str 15/dex 16/con 16/int 15/ wis 17/Cha 9.

Tvtyrant
2012-07-06, 09:18 PM
Take levels in Psychic Warrior and then use the Tashalatora feat to make them stack with your unarmed damage. You have really excellent stats for it IMO, and you can simply use your psychic powers to buff yourself as a melee warrior.

Psywarrior is great for:
size boosting, grappling, pounce, extra health, extra armor, and swift action movements.

Dusto
2012-07-06, 09:19 PM
You also have insane stats for going Swordsage after your Monk levels.

marcielle
2012-07-06, 09:32 PM
As an alternative to PsyWar, Ardent with the Practiced Manifester loses NOTHING but 2 powers known, giving you near Sorcerer level casting in exchange for a few feats. Most of the powers that make a PsyWar special can just be gotten from the 'make your own domain' ACF.
However, PsyWar has a nice ACF too. Bound weapon(not actual name, can't remember atm) let's you switch weapon enhcements with a standard action. If you can convince your DM to let you use your fists for this purpose, then you will be the envy of everyone whose ever come across a fireproof enemy while weilding a flaming weapon.
Martial monk let's you trade off your normal bonus feats for ANY fighter feat. And with certain readings(of the munchkiny kind), any fighter feat even if you don't yet qualify for it.
Another point for ardent is it gets better stealth and mobility options. Also, Psionic Knock. Don't forget to pick up a psicrystal asap. Mobile scouters with hardness, feats and spell sharing.

Azoth
2012-07-06, 09:34 PM
I am not sure how swordsage or psywar help with the feel of a native american warrior. Fast, easily travels through hindering natural terrain, stealthy, and deadly without armor. Psywar seems okay, but I was considering maybe druid or ranger. This is a low op game.

marcielle
2012-07-06, 09:40 PM
Well, since an Ardent is more or less fueled by his belief, the power could come from his totems and the spirit of the land. PsyWars could also be fueled by land spirit thingies( I know SO LITTLE about native americans lol).

Swordsage might be a hard sell though.

I can see the druid working, but I've never heard of native americans using hunting beasts(then again, I've hardly heard anything about native americans).

Curmudgeon
2012-07-06, 10:27 PM
Best bet would be adding Ranger levels with the Ascetic Hunter (Complete Adventurer) multiclassing feat. Use a handaxe (call it a tomahawk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_%28axe%29): same thing; different name for different cultures) and sling (known throughout the Americas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sling_%28weapon%29#The_Americas)). These aren't high-optimization choices. You might ask your DM to extend the Rapid Reload and Manyshot feats to slings, because slings get very little love in D&D 3.5.