PDA

View Full Version : Cursor changes

Keld Denar
2012-07-06, 08:58 PM
So, I've been mucking around a bit on my parents computer while on vacation, and I have encountered something very interesting. In any text box, the text cursor is about 5 times wider than normal. Normally, it is just wide enough to fill the space between letters, but this one takes up the two letters immediately after the space as well. Its just a giant black block. How do I get it back to the normal skinny blinking cursor that it normally is? Its not just internet windows either. It is like that in windows when I try to rename files but not word processors (my parents use Word Perfect...shudder).

So, anyone have any thoughts? I've already trolled through the greater part of the Control Panel, and I can't find much of anything. They are still using Windows XP, SP 3, if it makes any difference. Thanks ahead of time!

Siosilvar
2012-07-06, 09:02 PM
That is interesting.

Poking around with Google tells me the option should be under Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Display tab.

valadil
2012-07-06, 09:08 PM
Insert. By which I mean the keyboard's insert button. It toggles the setting that says whether text overwrites what's in front of it or inserts before the text in front of it. When it's pressed (which is almost always an accident), the cursor embiggens to indicate the different mode.

That's my best guess anyway.

Keld Denar
2012-07-06, 09:23 PM
That is interesting.

Poking around with Google tells me the option should be under Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Display tab.

This fixed it! Thank you my good sir!