PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Wings Feat

Invader
2012-07-07, 05:50 PM
Can someone point me to the feat that gives you dragon wings? I know about Dragon Wings in RotD that gives you wings and then Improved Dragon Wings at 6HD that lets you fly.

I thought there was one that allowed you to fly right off the bat but I could be mistaken.

Flickerdart
2012-07-07, 06:38 PM
I don't think there is such a feat, but the Feathery Wings graft lets you fly for 10k gp (as long as you don't mind being tempted into evil once in a while).

Tvtyrant
2012-07-07, 07:04 PM
There is an aberration blood feat from Lords of Madness (Starspawn) that grants you flight, but only for 1+Constitution modifier per flight (with 1 turn off between). Combined with a ring of featherfall and a high con you can fly effectively continuously, but by itself its not fantastic.

Curmudgeon
2012-07-07, 07:22 PM
There are, as far as I know, no single feats that alone provide winged flight. In addition to Dragon Wings and Improved Dragon Wings for dragonblood characters, Outsider Wings will work ─ if you're an Aasimar with Celestial Bloodline or a Tiefling with Fiendish Bloodline. Eagle's Wings will work, too ─ if you've got a wild shape use to spend (and you don't want to turn directly into an Eagle for some reason).

Invader
2012-07-07, 07:26 PM
I must have been thinking about the Dragon Wings feat and just remembered it being better than it was because it was def a draconic feat.

Ranting Fool
2012-07-08, 06:26 AM
I was about to go "Ah HA! I know as I just made an NPC with this..." but sadly it is a level 4 spell Flight of the Dragon I was thinking of. :smallbiggrin::smallyuk:

There is a feat that allows you to fly, Draconic Flight in Comp Arcane p77, that allows you to fly for that turn based on what spell you just cast. But not as cool:smallbiggrin:

Amoren
2012-07-08, 06:39 AM
Dragon and wing related? You could go dragonborn, one of their options is for flight, I believe.

Otherwise I think there is a draconic wing graft that allows flight, but I'm not entirely sure off hand.

Alleran
2012-07-08, 07:01 AM
Dragon and wing related? You could go dragonborn, one of their options is for flight, I believe.

Otherwise I think there is a draconic wing graft that allows flight, but I'm not entirely sure off hand.
There is. However, it happens to be 100,000gp - and that's a steep price to pay. The Feathered Wings graft is much better, but there's always that "tempted into evil" problem. I'm not sure how you can completely shut down the Will save, or what removing the Will save would do to the cost of the graft.

Curmudgeon
2012-07-08, 08:01 AM
The Feathered Wings graft is much better, but there's always that "tempted into evil" problem. I'm not sure how you can completely shut down the Will save
Just be Evil. That solves the problem and shuts down the daily Will save. After all, all D&D characters are bad guys: they spend most of their time killing people and taking their stuff. Even when that killing and looting is ratified by their church, they're still bad guys.