PDA

View Full Version : Warforged, Haversacks and Teleporting

Teryon
2012-07-07, 07:49 PM
So, I've been thinking about how to create a slightly unusual warforged, by having a haversack installed as a warforged component, and basically become a walking storage unit(plus be able to pull alot of interesting gear out at a moment's notice).

But, if i do so, would I still be able to use a portal? or would we end up with the usual 'Oh crap someone divided by zero' hole in reality if attempted.

Urpriest
2012-07-07, 07:56 PM
Portable Holes and Bags of Holding are the only objects that interact like that.

dascarletm
2012-07-07, 08:01 PM
Portable Holes and Bags of Holding are the only objects that interact like that.

Also casting gate on things... or something like that right?

What am I thinking of?

TELL ME URPRIEST YOU'LL KNOW!

Kuulvheysoon
2012-07-07, 08:33 PM
Gives new meaning to the phrase 'Hammerspace', eh?

Lateral
2012-07-07, 08:51 PM
So, I've been thinking about how to create a slightly unusual warforged, by having a haversack installed as a warforged component, and basically become a walking storage unit(plus be able to pull alot of interesting gear out at a moment's notice).

Hmm. Now I want a character with a Bag of Holding instead of a stomach.

Teryon
2012-07-07, 10:56 PM
Gives new meaning to the phrase 'Hammerspace', eh?

Heh. That was actually a bit of the inspiration for it, combined with watching Gurren Lagann and Transformers too much. I've got ideas involving everyday items, wands, UMD and a fighter that is a little too in love with destruction...

Panzerbjorn
2012-07-08, 01:06 AM
Do go on about this Terminator of which you speak :smalltongue:

Psyren
2012-07-08, 01:10 AM
Hmm. Now I want a character with a Bag of Holding instead of a stomach.

May I direct you to the Hoard Gullet spell in Dragon Magic?

Hecuba
2012-07-08, 02:37 AM
Also casting gate on things... or something like that right?

What am I thinking of?

TELL ME URPRIEST YOU'LL KNOW!

I'm not a divine power-filching prestige class, but I believe you're describing the interaction of a Gate with a Sphere of Annihilation for rolls 86 and higher.