3.5 with some house rules

Starting Level:
3rd

Wealth:
1.5 x WBL

Races:
Core only

Classes:
Any from the allowed sources, Alternatives, eg: Thug, Cloistered Cleric, by approval only.

Stat Generation:
three sets of 4d6b3x7 choose the best.
If I deem all sets to be detrimental I will allow a 38point buy back up.

Generating HP:
Roll or Average, which ever is better.

Are Traits/Flaws allowed:
No sorry.

Alignment:
No alignment restrictions, but all characters must be able to play nice.

Books/Sources:
Core/SRD (No Psionics)
Complete Arcane/Warrior/Adventurer/Divine
Races of the Wild/Stone/Dragon
PHB2
Deities & Demigods (Normal D&D Pantheon)
Magic Item Conpendium

Setting:
Homebrew world

Is Homebrew Allowed?
No

Is Multiclassing Allowed?:
Yes. No penilities.

Background:
2 to 3 SHORT paragraphs just so I can get to know what drives your character and where he/she came to be what he/she is.
Please be creative, but keep it within the confines of the setting and nothing really out there.
I would also like you to include 1 or 2 people, including what class(es) they are, who have taken exception to your
character, and the reason for this as they may just turn up somewhere along the line.

Setting Background:
The Kingdoms have been torn apart, all the free races of the continant are scrambling to stay alive.
What has caused all this? The Covenant of Asmodeus.
For the past 15 years the Covenant, a group of 9 Wisards, Sorcerors and Clerics have been striving to conqure the land,
enslave the free people so they can capture the essence of the people pain and suffering to bring about the ultimate goal
Altaranis Mosoleon, the head of the Covenant.
To assist them in their endeavour they have a squad of Generals, Assissins and Blackguards called the Hand of Asmodeus.
These foul warriors lead the Covenant's armies, execute high ranking enemies via stealth and gile and take great pleasure
in causing the suffering of all those captured in battle.

The Kings and Queens of the Free have banded together to confront this threat but have so far been unsuccesful in throwing
them back, only slowing the the Covenant's expansion.
The Coalition of the Realms have come to stalemate on how to proceed with the defence of their peoples, all their efforts
have born only brief victories so they have decided to try and fight the Covenant at their own game.
To do this they have sent word throughout all their kingdoms for those individuals who might be able to do what needs to be
done.
These individuals are you.

Houserules:
Nothing too major here, but these are now as follows:
Haste: If from the spell, it no longer ages you a year, but to readjust, you are subject to the effects of a Slow spell for the same length of time as you were hasted.
Improved Crit & Keen/Impacting DO stack. I veiw one as a magical weapon effect and the other your character personal aptitude with the weapon.
Web is now 1 minute/2 levels with Strength break DC of 15.
Stabalising is now DC 10 + last amount of damage taken, use your CON mod.
Heal Checks now a DC 15, doing 1d6 points + 1 per point above the DC.
Maybe more depending on what situations arrise during the game.
EDIT: The Assassin PrC no longer has to be evil, and instead of killing someone purely to join the assassins, they must have killed someone purely for payment.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-07, 10:07 PM
People and their characters:
{table=head] Player | Character | Class | Status
D_Man_7733 | Drayner (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420432) | Warlock | Active
Marlowe | Verossa Carmine (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=413318) | Hexblade | Active
Arranis Thelmos | Halabur Balaban (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411463) | Illusionist | Active
Wordplay | Raif Clearsight (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420661) | Cleric | Active
Machuchang | Eleanora Worthe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420886) | Knight | Active
ExtravagantEvil | Daranand Zophokeil (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=421819)| Bard | Retired
Simba | Mailali Orle (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=448326) | Rogue/Swashbuckler | Active [/Table]

This is looking very cool, Alignment restrictions? looking to make up a CG Warlock hoping for redemption, or maybe (if heritage feats are allowed, I forgot which book they were in :smallredface:) a sorcerer going dragon disciple, if the group would like a buffer/healer Dragon Shaman with the DR and Fast Healing auras.

I will likely write up all three with a slightly shorter than recommended background for each, until I get time to expand on it. And because I like making character sheets :smalltongue:.

Rolling stats for the Warlock who's looking for redemption:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]

Rolling stats for Sorcerer who is out to save his sister:

[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

[roll13]

Rolling stats for Dragon Shaman who wishes to cleanse the evil from the land by any means necessary:

[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

[roll20]

Do you have a personal preferences as to which you would prefer in the game?

EDIT: If you would prefer I can just use one set of rolls for all three characters, the first one of course.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-07, 10:24 PM
I'm thinking a cold-hearted Sorcerer who focuses on cold magic (Energy Substitution and Soul of the North feats from Complete Arcana).
12, 14, 16, 5, 18, 13

Or a lighthearted Gnome Illusionist.
12, 14, 15, 18, 10, 13

Edit: Okay, I've been playing 3.5 for a long time and I feel ashamed to ask it, but what does WBL mean? Wealth By Level. Right. :smallredface:

Malak'ai
2012-07-07, 11:06 PM
No Alignment restrictions, but characters need to be able to play nice.
Stat Gen is 3 sets of 7 x 4d6b3 so Arranis you have one more set and could you use the forum die roller please? If you did could you link where you made your rolls please? Just keeps everything above board and transparent so there's no arguments :smallsmile:.
So it'll be:
Set one
rolls

Set two
rolls

Set three
rolls

Then you pick the best set for any or all character ideas you have.

Also D_Man, I'm not really a big fan of Dragon Shaman's, but if you really want to go one I wont stop you.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-07, 11:08 PM
It's cool, It was mostly for the buffing aura if it was required, Drayner (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420432) the warlock is almost ready, just need background and equipment.

HP: [roll0]

Rolling Sorcerer HP in advance: [roll1]+con mod and likely toughness

EDIT: Do you have any objections (or suggestions) to my character being given his powers so he could be a tool for the "Hand of Asmodeus", but after realising what he was doing, he left/ran away, and has been on the move ever since, to avoid recapture/death/re-programming?

Marlowe
2012-07-07, 11:28 PM
Set one:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Two:
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Three:
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

Set three would make a good Bard, but for some reason I have a burning desire to play an amiable, affable, good-natured and perennially optimistic Hexblade. Even if they're officially not-very-good. Set one is plainly the it.

My, I am butchering the English today.

Malak'ai
2012-07-07, 11:31 PM
No problems with being a re-deemed follower of The Hand, but as to "being given" his power, no, they would have recuited you BECAUSE of your powers.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-07, 11:35 PM
Cool, taken as a child okay with you? Or would you rather recruit mean recruit instead of abduct a helpful asset that we can mold to our wishes as he grows [insert evil laugh]

Malak'ai
2012-07-07, 11:38 PM
@D_Man: How ever you want to fluff it.

@Marlowe: Nice rolls for set one, you could be anything. And talk about Mr. Generalised for set 3 :smalltongue:.

Marlowe
2012-07-08, 12:15 AM
Miss, (Or Mr) Friendly Happy Hexblade incomplete here. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=413318) Just basic skills, feats, and weaponry done thus far. Do some more after work.

She/He works with a Glaive and focusses on being a blocker with Combat reflexes and Hold the Line. If they won't charge she/he throws javelins.

It'll probably be a she. Chicks rock polearms.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-08, 12:17 AM
@Marlowe Hexblades are fun! I like maxing out bluff, and getting synergies for it. It makes you able to tell almost anyone anything and they'll believe you! Especially fun on other players :smallcool:... but not recommended, because lying to friends is wrong :smallwink:.

Okay so here is the short backstory for Drayner (I like to write backstories in a narrative sense so shortening it was difficult):
Drayner was born with a different name, though, that doesn't really matter anymore. The only ones who knew it lay dead by his hand.

Drayner was known to have strange things happen around him from birth and was kept away from the public of the town so as to stop anybody from getting hurt.

A few years before the Hand of Asmodeus attacked some odd people came to the village and abducted him from his home and parents. He was taken and trained by the Duskblade Garrol, who led the more mixed part of the army, Spell-slingers and Fighters alike. He was taught to obey his superious without question, and the child he was dissapeared. his memories became a blur, as though they never happened, they re-named him, and made him a tool for whatever purpose they saw fit for him. The hand returned to the town and destroyed it, Drayner ended up murdering his own parents who pleaded for him to stop, but their cries were unheard as the child they knew was gone.

About a year after, he was out on a scouting mission when he wandered into a sacred place of harmonous magic,where he gazed into a pool he stared not at a man, but at a demonic presence. Once again his memories were stripped from him, as his former mindset returned, some of the blurred memories became clear, his name still a mystery to him, he clung to the last image that was returning, or dissapearing perhaps, where he chose his own name. He woke after being falling unconsious, knowing only what he had done, not names of who or when, the pool may be gone, but Drayner has forgotten it even exists.

A longer more narrative background is in the notes section of the character sheet.

I can't really think of any more characters to add, he certainly wouldn't have any friends outside the Hand (of whom he hates now), If it makes things too hard on your end, I can change some stuff.
Garrol

Duskblade, Lawful Evil, Extremely Obedient to the Covenant and Hand. Not currently in the memory of Draynor.

PM coming your way with some extra stuff.
If you would like any more info just ask.

Malak'ai
2012-07-08, 12:52 AM
Marlowe, just wondering where you got the 4th feat from?

D_Man_7733
2012-07-08, 02:25 AM
I can honestly say I don't know what to get with all the money. I am down to 629.9gp. and don't like any of the magic Items within the pricerange. (I already have two wands: Cure Light Wounds, and Light) And I mithrilised my armour, so there isn't much I can do left with the useless misc stuff I bought (I even got a spyglass). I don't need melee weapons. Any suggestions?

Malak'ai
2012-07-08, 03:56 AM
How about a Darkwood Buckler? Never hurts to have another point of AC.
Apart from that I'm not sure... A few pounds of soap?

Marlowe
2012-07-08, 05:59 AM
"Skilled city dweller?", not a feat, an Alternative Class Feature. It's from an article on WoTC's site about refluffing "country" classes into more "urban" ones. You get to swap Ride for Tumble, Survival for Gather Information, that sort of thing. I noticed it ages ago but forgot to bookmark it because I never thought I'd play any of the effected classes. I wouldn't have taken it at all except the Hexblade Handbook reminded me, and well, Tumble is a nice skill to have.

The fluff will be that she's from a maritime city-state on an island off the coast, and wouldn't have had much do to with horses.

Malak'ai
2012-07-08, 06:13 AM
Ah, ok, sweet as. Just make a note that it's an ACF on the sheet as I don't get confused :smalltongue:.

Marlowe
2012-07-08, 06:56 AM
Done background. Still need to do equipment.

Spent an hour in a Chinese PC-cafe trying to find a suitable pic. Which between Chinese internet, working with Mandarin operating system, and the tendency of fantasy artists to dress all women warriors as strippers is proving very frustrating. I shall get some more done tomorrow. A nice Kimono-clad samurai lady with a naginata would be sweet, but I can't grab any image links.

Malak'ai
2012-07-08, 07:51 AM
Both backgrounds are looking great so far.

@Marlowe: I'm gunna have to try and figure out where to put all those places in the map I'm trying to (crudely) draw in MS paint, hell, you know what my artistic abilities are like with pencil and paper, you'll see how bad they are when using mouse or trackpad :smalltongue:.
Also, who's Verossa's "enemy"?

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-08, 08:33 AM
I got those sets of stats from the pathguy 3.5 character generator, and since I don't really have a way to prove those are my stats I'll just reroll here.

Sorcerer
One
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Illusionist
Two
[roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11] [roll12] [roll13]
Paladin?
Three
[roll14] [roll15] [roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19] [roll20]

Edit: I guess I'll go with the Illusionist; D-Man is going for the Sorcerer, right?

What I have so far for the Illusionist:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411463

Malak'ai
2012-07-08, 10:20 AM
You can choose any of those 3 sets for your stats, you dont need to roll per character. Also the link for your sheet isn't working :smallfrown:.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-08, 02:14 PM
Here's what I got so far then, http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411463. It should link properly now.

Wordplay
2012-07-08, 03:27 PM
OK, I'm a little late to the party, but it looks like good fun, and I'm ready to roll.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

D_Man_7733
2012-07-08, 04:07 PM
Edit: I guess I'll go with the Illusionist; D-Man is going for the Sorcerer, right?

I'm going with the Warlock, but I will likely make a sorcerer anyway, both are likely focusing on being blasters.

@Malak'ai Darkwood buckler is a good idea... but so is soap... A little bit of both won't hurt.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-08, 04:34 PM
I took the Darkwood shield personally, we can use it without spellcasting penalty right? Or am I misinterpreting the passage?

And I also finished my backstory: Halabur spent his early years growing up with his aged uncle in an underground villiage with a small community of Whisper Gnomes. After Halabur's parents died in a kobold attack, his Uncle Blugby took the young waif in. At a young age he developed a small aptitude for magic, one which he nurtured with the aid of his uncle Blugby. Not long after his abilities began to wax stronger, the community was captured and enslaved by a band of kobolds under the command of the vicious half dragon-half bugbear warlord Kask Trang. Halabur continued to practice his magical abilities while under enslavement, focusing on creating illusions to fool his tormentors. After a month of preparations he initiated a breakout with the aid of the other Whisper Gnomes. It failed horribly. Despite their clever planning they were betrayed in the early stages and the slavers were prepared for them. Halabur panicked and left his family and friends behind, and saw his dear uncle beheaded from a distance. Halabur wallowed in his misery as he wandered lost through the tunnels. After a week, he finally made it to the surface and made it to a local farm. When his wounds were healed, he ventured off to his magical talents; ultimately seeking to gain power to destroy Kask Trang and avenge his family and honor.

Kask Trang
Half-Dragon, Half-Bugbear Barbarian. A warlord seeking to expand his underground dominion.

Malak'ai
2012-07-08, 07:10 PM
You have another 2 sets of rolls Wordplay.
Arranis, nice character, only one problem, Whisper Gnome isn't Core. Only the Races found in the PHB are allowed, sorry :smallfrown:.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-08, 07:29 PM
Oops. ><

I saw Races of Stone was an accepted book, but I didn't see the core races up top until now. I'll fix it now.

Malak'ai
2012-07-08, 07:39 PM
Yeah, Classes, Feats, Spells, Items and whatnot from the splats are all good, but my world only contains Core races.
It's to try and limit the power gamer in the group that I was gunna run this game for IRL.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-08, 07:45 PM
"Was gunna run the game for"? Is he not playing anymore?

Btw, sheet fixed now.

Machuchang
2012-07-08, 07:49 PM
Hey-a, folks! Sorry it took a bit, haven't had much of a chance to get online.

I'm thinkin' of going with a knight, rogue, or fighter. Let's see what I get:

Set One:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Set Two:
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Set Three:
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

Malak'ai
2012-07-08, 08:11 PM
No, he's still gunna be playing.
I think "that I am going to be running it for" would actually be the more appropriate way of putting it. I wanna test it out before going to the group with it.

@Machuchang: Set 1 would give you a nice Knight, we need a Meatshield :smallbiggrin:.

Malak'ai
2012-07-08, 08:14 PM
EDIT: Ok, internet gremlins are attacking me and I didn't even notice it :smalltongue::smallfurious:.

Machuchang
2012-07-08, 11:04 PM
@Malak'ai: That's exactly what I was thinking.:smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2012-07-08, 11:23 PM
@Machuchang: What are you using as your inspiration for your Knight? King Arthur style? RL Medieval England style? GRRM A Song of Ice and Fire style?
Hmmm... I wonder how a Jamie Lannister or Loras Tyrell style Knight would work in D&D.

EDIT: Also what is the correct prefex for a female Knight? Male's are "Sir", but what about Female's?

Machuchang
2012-07-09, 12:29 AM
@Malak'ai: I thinking of a grittier sort of character, so A Song of Ice and Fire style, but I'm a little unsure of where to go from there.

As for the female version of 'Sir,' I think its 'Lady' or 'Dame.' In my own campaign, I've used 'Ser,' again, straight up jacked from GRRM as a unisex term for knights. But honestly, I have no idea.

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 12:36 AM
Ok, pulling a Rule 0 type thing here, in this game female Knights will hense forth being know as "Dame". This title will strictly be reserved for them so no nobles/highborn ladies can't use it, unless they are a Knight of course :smallbiggrin:.

I actually like the idea of a ASoIaF style Knight for this, as long as your not taking Gregor Clegain as your inspiration, never did like The Mountain.

Machuchang
2012-07-09, 12:54 AM
I can promise you that I will not be a giant, raging sociopath. More the opposite, if anything. :smalltongue:

Knights still get low Fort, right?

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 01:01 AM
Unfortunately, yes they do. Have sent you a PM with a couple of things I have changed about the Knight class.

Marlowe
2012-07-09, 01:13 AM
Darkwood buckler still gives ACF, you need mithral to negate it.

Malack'ai, you know I'm working from limited sources right now with my computer being effectively dead. Am I correct that Hexblades don't get ACF from shields? I can put Verossa in for a Darkwood buckler, give her a -1 to hit but she can probably afford it.

Enemies.

Olga Foehn-Dastaunce(Aristocrat/Rogue)
Olga is the young (two years younger than Verossa) wife of Verossa's father, Emilio Dastaunce. Verossa and Olga have never met. Olga's hostility is largely based on misunderstanding. Bastards and females are eligible for inheritance on Otorin as long as no other options remain. Emilio is ailing after his life of dissipation, the family elders (who have always shown some liking for Verossa anyway) are strong but very grey, Olga's own aristocratic creditials are very dodgy (she is actually the daughter of a local crimelord, the marriage was part of a deal to legitimise the Foehn family at the price of forgiving Emilio's debts) and the idea that there is a martially-capable, charismatic heir option with a reputation for the uncanny (people have spotted Verossa isn't entirely mundane but have no idea how) out there makes her fear greatly for herself and for her infant son. Not knowing Verossa's personality and lack of ambition in that direction, it sounds like a recipe for usurping, murdering, bastard soup.

If Verossa's name keeps popping up in stories from the continent, Olga may very well start hiring assassins first and asking questions afterwards. Note that "Carmine" is a generic bastard surname on Otorin.

Valdmar Speyerslein (Fighter/Bard)
A general in the army of High Carrutyer, Valdmar is basically a good man. Who gets drunk with the troops to forget the horrors he goes through every day. Who then cheats at dice, badly and only semi-consciously. Who doesn't like getting called out on it by a woman, and failing the check against intimidation.

This is not a deadly rivalry. Verossa respects Valdmar as a commander. Valdmar is impressed by Verossa as a soldier and an officer. But they avoid being in the same place and Valdmar's position and antipathy is a good reason why Verossa avoided signing up with High Carrutyer again.

Dietmar Fruitknife (Barbarian/Ranger)
The young leader of the Stoned Crows, a barbarian tribe in the employ of the Covenant. Dietmar's youngest brother was cut down by Verossa at Scarletwaters, and Dietmar swore vengence. Or something. Something about Verossa (who is a conspicuous individual on the battlefield or off) makes Dietmar feel very confused. He's not sure if he wants to kill her or marry her and have lots of little Hexbarbs in between paint-stripping marital arguments, but he knows he wants something. He's a simple man not used to emotional complexity.

Verossa, of course, is only vaguely aware he exists, and only as a minor enemy commander at that. It would surprise her a lot to find out that there's anything personal happening.

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 01:34 AM
Am I correct that Hexblades don't get ACF from shields?

No, they ignore the ASF from the light armour they wear, but still suffer ASF from any shields they carry.

Marlowe
2012-07-09, 01:41 AM
Hmmm...Well at the moment she has NO SPELLS. And it's only 5% ACF for a buckler. We'll take it until she can upgrade to mithral.

Also, I just noticed rereading Hold-the-line on Dndtools.eu that the AoO for enemies entering threatened squares doesn't replace the standard one for them leaving. So am I correct in assuming that with a reach weapon she could get 2 AoOs on anyone charging her?:smalleek:

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 01:45 AM
I'll have to read up on Hold the Line, never personally used it so I don't know what it's actually supposed to do.

Marlowe
2012-07-09, 01:48 AM
Requires Combat Reflexes and BAB +2. You get AoOs when charging people enter your threatened squares as opposed to just leaving them. Complete Warrior. Same book as Hexblade, which makes things nice and compact.

Machuchang
2012-07-09, 01:48 AM
Rollin' for HP:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Awwww yeah.:smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 02:02 AM
@Marlowe: The way I read it, I see no problems with allowing Hold the Line and Combat Reflexes stack.

@Machuchang: Very nice HP rolls :smallbiggrin:.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-09, 02:03 AM
They are better than my HP rolls, a three, a three and another three, or the eqivilent of.

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 02:14 AM
@D_Man: Looking at your sheet, looks like you rolled a 2 and a 1 for your hp as max first lvl + 6 for 3 levels of Con equals 12 out of your 15.
So seeing as you rolled for all your levels, re-roll the d6 for levels 2 & 3.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-09, 02:16 AM
@Malak'ai WELL THAT'S EVEN WORSE! I think I enjoyed my obliviousness and forgetting the max HP at first level. I hope this is just getting the bad rolls out of the way.

Okay, I'm fine with re-rolling here goes nothing:
(Sperate this time, it seems to work)
1d6 + 1d6 + 12

D_Man_7733
2012-07-09, 02:54 AM
Here it goes again:
[roll0]
[roll1]
+12

WHAT ARE THE ODDS!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
This is either the dice-roller trolling me, or getting the bad rolls out of the way because it knows I'll need them.

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 03:41 AM
Here it goes again:
[roll0]
[roll1]
+12

WHAT ARE THE ODDS!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
This is either the dice-roller trolling me, or getting the bad rolls out of the way because it knows I'll need them.

....... I.... I don't know what to say....

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: There you go, still works out to be the quivilant of rolling two 3's, but still slightly better. Entirely up to you if you want to use them.

*Puts DM Fiat gloves back in the freezer**

D_Man_7733
2012-07-09, 04:25 AM
....... I.... I don't know what to say....

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: There you go, still works out to be the quivilant of rolling two 3's, but still slightly better. Entirely up to you if you want to use them.

*Puts DM Fiat gloves back in the freezer**

thanks... I'm tempted to roll a d2 to see if I should or not, so it scares me... I'll just take them if everyone else is okay with it.

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 04:40 AM
I know exactly how you feel D_Man, the dice roller always punks me when I'm rolling stats, I can never get anything over a 15, thats then normally it's a bunch of 11 and 12's.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-09, 04:44 AM
If it is consistent, it might be able to work out, it just requires careful race and feet selection, but still difficult. I rolled up a character once IRL and all three sets of rolls resulted in nothing over 13 or one that consisted majorly of 10s and a 17... for a party tank and Close Quarter person, my only high skill was strength... and no con modifier :smallannoyed:. I was not amused and expected my character to die really early (and wanted him to for a while).

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 05:02 AM
Ok, just rolling some stats for a reacurring NPC that you may or may not end up working with for a little while:

Set One:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Set Two:
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Set Three:
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

EDIT: Ok... Dice roller is being nice... To bad those weren't for a real PC :smallfrown:.

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 07:03 AM
I took the Darkwood shield personally, we can use it without spellcasting penalty right? Or am I misinterpreting the passage?

And I also finished my backstory: Halabur spent his early years growing up with his aged uncle in an underground villiage with a small community of Whisper Gnomes. After Halabur's parents died in a kobold attack, his Uncle Blugby took the young waif in. At a young age he developed a small aptitude for magic, one which he nurtured with the aid of his uncle Blugby. Not long after his abilities began to wax stronger, the community was captured and enslaved by a band of kobolds under the command of the vicious half dragon-half bugbear warlord Kask Trang. Halabur continued to practice his magical abilities while under enslavement, focusing on creating illusions to fool his tormentors. After a month of preparations he initiated a breakout with the aid of the other Whisper Gnomes. It failed horribly. Despite their clever planning they were betrayed in the early stages and the slavers were prepared for them. Halabur panicked and left his family and friends behind, and saw his dear uncle beheaded from a distance. Halabur wallowed in his misery as he wandered lost through the tunnels. After a week, he finally made it to the surface and made it to a local farm. When his wounds were healed, he ventured off to his magical talents; ultimately seeking to gain power to destroy Kask Trang and avenge his family and honor.

Kask Trang
Half-Dragon, Half-Bugbear Barbarian. A warlord seeking to expand his underground dominion.

Sorry I missed this question. As Marlowe already stated, ASF is still counted for a Darkwood shield, it's the Armour Check Pen thats is lessened.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-09, 08:51 AM
Okay, I'll take the Darkwood Buckler instead.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-09, 04:36 PM
Isn't the Darkwood Buckler equivilent to a light wooden shield except for the Armour Check Penalty? Unless I'm Reading it wrong.

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 05:52 PM
It's the equivilant of a Masterwork buckler but only weighs half as much as normal, also costs less if I remember rightly (have only just woken up).

Wordplay
2012-07-09, 06:57 PM
Hmm...Ok, I was going to try and do it off one set of rolls, but I'd think that I'd like to make a cleric, so I'll have another go.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 07:12 PM
Well looking at those rolls, set 2 would be the one to go with.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-09, 08:00 PM
It's the equivilant of a Masterwork buckler but only weighs half as much as normal, also costs less if I remember rightly (have only just woken up).

It still has a 5% ASF, so I guess roll a d20 before casting a spell. If you roll a one... :smalltongue:

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 08:32 PM
Use a d100, easier for me to remember for percentages :smalltongue:.

Ok, so far we have a tank, a gish, a blaster, a possible healbot and an Illusionist. Let's just hope you don't need to quietly open a locked door/chest or disarm any traps :smalltongue:.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-09, 09:13 PM
If you think it would be needed, I could write up a rogue to fill the spot. Focusing on lock-picking and stealth.

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 09:24 PM
You could possibly need it, depends on how you do things.
And no, only one character per player.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-09, 09:35 PM
I'll use my illusions to trick the lock into unlocking itself. :smalltongue:

Malak'ai
2012-07-09, 09:55 PM
Lol. How about silent movies when you have to hide in a cave for a couple of days? :smalltongue:. You could start your own traveling movie theatre :smallcool::smallbiggrin::smalltongue:.

Marlowe
2012-07-10, 01:03 AM
I've been taking the average for my hit points. Should I roll?

[roll0]
[roll1]

...I just cheated myself out of three hit points. Seriously, let people take the average. I don't know a better way to screw a character over without intending to than forcing them to roll their HP.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-10, 01:04 AM
You could possibly need it, depends on how you do things.
And no, only one character per player.

If you thought we would definitely need it I was going to play the rogue instead.

I make lots of characters on whims anyway, but never really get a chance to play them. Except when they are "Guest" appearances as NPCs.

Malak'ai
2012-07-10, 02:03 AM
Ok, after quite a bit of thought I have decided HP will now be roll or average, which ever is better.

Malak'ai
2012-07-10, 02:10 AM
If you thought we would definitely need it I was going to play the rogue instead.

I make lots of characters on whims anyway, but never really get a chance to play them. Except when they are "Guest" appearances as NPCs.

There may something you'll have to think creativly to get round, but you shouldn't really need one. There are always ways to get things done.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-10, 02:16 AM
There may something you'll have to think creativly to get round, but you shouldn't really need one. There are always ways to get things done.

Ok, that's cool.

Malak'ai
2012-07-10, 04:31 AM
Added my decisions about HP and Alignment to the first post.

Marlowe
2012-07-10, 04:47 AM
I suppose I should do equipment. Sigh. Dull, dull, dull.

I must say, I'm quite pleased with the Hexblade now I'm actually building one. It seems like the villainous sorceror from an old Conan story, who instead of being a weedy guy who throws fireballs is a tough SOB with good social skills who happens to have some extra tricks (generally Enchantment, summoning, or transmutation) up his/her sleeve.

Some spells before level 4 would be nice.

EDIT: Mythweavers seems to be having problems. Well, backpack, waterskin, everburning torch, silk rope, grapple, oil, flint&steel, chalk, soap, and some paper and writing materials will not be complicated to add later.

Malak'ai
2012-07-10, 05:39 AM
*snip*

EDIT: Mythweavers seems to be having problems. Well, backpack, waterskin, everburning torch, silk rope, grapple, oil, flint&steel, chalk, soap, and some paper and writing materials will not be complicated to add later.

Yeah, I noticed that at about 1pm NZ time, so it's been down for almost 10 hours.

@D_Man: Since your the table making master of the other game, think you would mind making a table of the characters for this one? I've lost the bit of paper I wrote the coding down on :smallredface:.

Malak'ai
2012-07-10, 08:27 AM
Ok guys,
I've completed the map, only marking major land features. Cities/towns/whatever will be marked in when they are visited.

EDIT: Now, how do I link the image from my harddrive? :smallredface:.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-10, 07:51 PM
I think you have to upload it to an image hosting site (Flickr, photobucket, majhost, ect) and link to it from Giantitp.

Malak'ai
2012-07-10, 08:12 PM
And put my incredibly bad art skills on display for the whole world? *shudders*.

Malak'ai
2012-07-10, 08:13 PM
EDIT: Stupid internet gremlins :smallfurious:.

Marlowe
2012-07-10, 10:47 PM
Photobucket works fine for me. Or did before China happened.

Verossa's basic kit is done. Upgraded her Glaive to masterwork (cancels out the -1 to hit from the buckler). There's probably some more stuff she could get, but I'll wait and see how we start.

And my pic appears to be magically working now for some reason.
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr255/Saber_Wing/Warrior_Female.jpg
Still a bit stripperific for my taste. Then again, I think Sanktkaiserform Vivio Takamachi looks nice, so what do I know.

Malak'ai
2012-07-10, 11:34 PM
Ok, just waiting for character sheets from Wordplay and Machuchang and then I'll set up the IC thread.

Marlowe
2012-07-10, 11:35 PM
Also, regarding the buckler ASF issue:

If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you can ready or loose a shield as a free action combined with a regular move.
So assuming we don't need our full-round action, you can just loose the buckler, cast, and ready it again next turn. It doesn't even provoke AoOs.

So, buckers cause Spell failure. In practice, it's very easy to get around.

Malak'ai
2012-07-10, 11:39 PM
@Marlowe: Yep, looks absolutely fine for me. It works exactly the same as drawing a weapon as a move action. If you had Quick Draw you could do it for free.
Also, in regards to your characters god, who is "The Lady with the Green Eyes"?

Marlowe
2012-07-11, 12:49 AM
The Goddess of Fortune. We do not say her name, for to call upon her is to have her instantly desert you.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-11, 12:53 AM
Sure thing Malak'ai, I'll start making the table right away. (editing my first post ok? Spoiler everything else)

Malak'ai
2012-07-11, 01:13 AM
Thank you D_Man :smallbiggrin:, makes things alot easier.

Marlowe
2012-07-11, 01:22 AM
Tee hee. Verossa is 2 inches taller than Draynor, while managing to be 15 pounds lighter. Wonder how that happens.

It happens because I'm terrible at thinking up realistic height/weight ratios.:smallfrown:

D_Man_7733
2012-07-11, 01:33 AM
Tee hee. Verossa is 2 inches taller than Draynor, while managing to be 15 pounds lighter. Wonder how that happens.

It happens because I'm terrible at thinking up realistic height/weight ratios.:smallfrown:

Because I don't know what a realistic height/weight ratio is :smalltongue:. in lbs at least.

But to have a better justification. You are taller but alot thinner, I am slightly smaller but have more muscle...If you aren't comparing ability scores...

Humans typically stand from 5 feet, to a little over 6 feet tall, And weigh in between 125 and 250 Pounds.

So if I am approx 75% max height (If max height were 6' 5") I should be approx 200 pounds? I think that is about right. your character would probably be about 190ish, if she was tall and thin.

Just estimation ect. It seems to make a bit of sense, but I get the feeling I have made a mistake somewhere. (probably in the realism aspect)

Machuchang
2012-07-11, 02:40 AM
Sorry it's been taking a bit for the character sheet. Backgrounds been holding me up. I should have Dame Eleanora Worthe up soonish.

Malak'ai
2012-07-11, 03:49 AM
Sorry it's been taking a bit for the character sheet. Backgrounds been holding me up. I should have Dame Eleanora Worthe up soonish.

All good :smallbiggrin:.
Now just waiting for Wordplay to check in, he must still be having internet problems.

Marlowe
2012-07-11, 04:01 AM
Hey, if you're running this for G and D back in Blenheim let us know what they're playing and how it goes for them.:smallbiggrin:

"I see through the veil of time with my strange and unspecified occult powers...I foresee that G will play...an inept Fighter."

Bluff check:[roll0]

Malak'ai
2012-07-11, 04:12 AM
Hey, if you're running this for G and D back in Blenheim let us know what they're playing and how it goes for them.:smallbiggrin:

"I see through the veil of time with my strange and unspecified occult powers...I foresee that G will play...an inept Fighter."

And D will play... a really badly min/max warmage :smalltongue:.

I may have also convinced S and another guy from one of my classes to play.

EDIT: Quick break down for the others:
D is the powergamer who doesn't know how to do it properly, takes a month to bulid a character and refuses to show me his character sheets, giving pathetic excuses as to why. He also loves to play LA+ races and try and throw LA+ templates on top as well.
He also has a really bad attendance record.

G is... Well, he know's the rules but he doesn't know how they work and dislikes being told things don't work they way he has convinced himself they do. He also dispises females characters and he has no idea how to play anything that isn't martial, and even then he plays them badly. His last venter into spell casting was a Half-Orc Wujen with Int 13, Con 8 but STR 20 and high Dex.
The worst thing though is the fact is he doesn't listen when the other other players are making plans, and then gets really p@#$ed off when they tell him that plans have already been made.

Marlowe
2012-07-11, 04:15 AM
Also, I just worked out "Verossa" means either "You Red" or "true red" depending on how much it's contracted. Her last name also refers to redness. This makes it sort of embarrassing that she's a brunette with a white/green colour theme.:smalleek:

EDIT: And if it's "true Red" (most likely), then it's really embarrassing that she's a bastard.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-11, 07:11 AM
It sounds like we'll be ready to start soon? Am I the only one still having troubles with myth weavers?

Malak'ai
2012-07-11, 07:46 AM
Yep, I just need to read over the last couple of character sheets.
I'm not having trouble reading the sheets, but then again, I haven't tried to edit any of mine in a couple of days.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-11, 08:43 AM
Now it's working for me again! :smallsmile:

Malak'ai
2012-07-11, 06:10 PM
Ok, have just been looking through my notes, and having 5 PC's is proving to be be a hassel for scaling, so I've decided to add a player, I have invited EE to join in, but if any of you have suggestions as to another player I'll be happy to see if they are interested :smallsmile:.

Malak'ai
2012-07-11, 06:12 PM
Grrrr... Where the hell is Gizmo :smallfurious:.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q543/Malakai85/Gizbo.jpg

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-11, 08:37 PM
I apologize for my absurd lateness to this gathering, and I am quite overjoyed at this.

Would a Paladin of Freedom/Sorcerer be out of place here?
Or rather: Do we have a Buffer? Paladin of Freedom/Bard/Various PrC's, is a build I've wanted to do, with plot items based around the Regalia of the Hero from MIC.

Rolling Stats:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

I'll check everyone's posted ideas and get a build up when I can

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-11, 08:39 PM
Sets 2 and 3

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5]

[roll6]

[roll7]

[roll8]

[roll9]

[roll10]

[roll11]

[roll12]

[roll13]

Malak'ai
2012-07-11, 08:44 PM
Welcome at last EE!
So far we have a Tank (Knight), Blaster (Warlock), Defense Gish (Hexblade), Illusionist (Moble Movie Theatre hehe :smalltongue:) and a possible Healbot is Wordplay is still with us.
Always keep meaning to look up this Paladin of Freedom thing... might do that now....

EDIT: Ok, just checked it out, and yes, I'll allow it. It only has slight changes which wont make much difference.

Wordplay
2012-07-11, 09:10 PM
Sorry it's been a while since I checked in guys, I've been working on my character, though. I had a bunch of RL stuff; was busy directing an amateur play, but that's finished now.

Here's my first cleric: Raif Clearsight. He's still a bit of a work in progress: still need to do items, finish feats.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420661

Rolling for health: [roll0]

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-11, 09:17 PM
Welcome at last EE!
So far we have a Tank (Knight), Blaster (Warlock), Defense Gish (Hexblade), Illusionist (Moble Movie Theatre hehe :smalltongue:) and a possible Healbot is Wordplay is still with us.
Always keep meaning to look up this Paladin of Freedom thing... might do that now....

Tonight's special, My Big, Fat Goblin Wedding, is brought to you by Halabur Balaban: your local illusionist. :smallbiggrin:

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-11, 09:17 PM
Just letting you know I am doing an Inspire Courage based Buffer build, and Perform Oratory. and I am NOT using Dragon Fire Inspiration, both to make your life easier (+8d6 fire damage is SCARY), but for my character (No Draconic Ancestry to speak of, nor is it important).

HP:
[roll0]
[roll1]

minimum HP: 18

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-11, 09:19 PM
I'll have this guy up tomorrow night. Expect it by Midnight, but most likely earlier than that.

Malak'ai
2012-07-11, 09:32 PM
@Arranis: LOL!!! And next weeks Premier: Aboleth Rider :smalltongue:.

@Wordplay: Good to see your still here :smallsmile:. Just wondering what god your character is going to be a Cleric of, cant remember any that offer Trickery and Healing as domains off the top of my head.

@EE: Sounds good! And I've always found Dragon Fire Insperation to be annoying. Also, remember you can take average for your HP if it's better than your rolls.

Marlowe
2012-07-11, 10:54 PM
A bard, an illusionist, a compulsive liar cleric and a hexblade. Warlocks aren't any slouches at bluffing either.

We're going to be a tricky bunch aren't we?

"Our main weapon is deceit! I mean, Our two main weapons are deceit and intimidation! I mean, our main weapons are deceit, intimidation, and misdirection! Among our chief weapons are deceit, intimidation, misdirection, and fanatical devotion to the Pope. Who nobody expects! Now tell us where the treasure is or I feed you your own lips!"

"Well, I didn't expect the-"

"Don't even try to say it."

Machuchang
2012-07-11, 10:57 PM
The best part is that my character can't lie, so she'll just have to stand there nodding her head or looking off into the distance. :smalltongue:

Malak'ai
2012-07-11, 11:04 PM
Hmmm, a group of liars and tricksters... This is going to be FUN!
Also, Machuchang, just have a sign with "What They Said" written on it, just because you can't speak a lie, doesn't mean you can't agree with it if it's for the betterment of all :smalltongue:.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-11, 11:05 PM
Okay Machuchang, don't worry, just lie still, you won't feel anything as your characters tongue is stripped from their mouth... Or we could just reverse a truth potion and make a lying potion... I am personally fine either way.:smalltongue:

Machuchang
2012-07-11, 11:11 PM
Either way, it will be beautiful.:smallbiggrin:

Marlowe
2012-07-11, 11:24 PM
"I fully expect the good lady Dame Eleanora to wear a groove in her forehead with all the facepalming she will be doing around us. Of course, I do not lie to my friends. And I consider you all as such. At least, that's what I'm telling you."

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-11, 11:37 PM
Hey! I'm not inherently deceitful! Even if I maxed out the skills appropriate for social deception...

I'm going for more the "War Commander" feel, directly effected by the Evil League of Evil's war, to smite freedom, etc. he will take up arms and an army of like minded rebels to fall in his stead as he seeks the items to show his heroic and noble status to all observers!

And being CG some mild unethical manuverings to get the job done aren't out of the question... but short of it is, he is not the Bard you grew up with.

Also, I am going for Words of Creation. Which is half the reason I am taking Paladin of Freedom, other than the added Melee bonuses, Smiting, and more importantly, CHA to saves.
I'm fluffing it as his words and path being blessed and approved of by Kord.

Marlowe
2012-07-11, 11:44 PM
"I am no rebel, sir. Although I could say I am if it makes things easier. Assuming, of course, that you're telling the truth about anything."

D_Man_7733
2012-07-12, 12:51 AM
"I fully expect the good lady Dame Eleanora to wear a groove in her forehead with all the facepalming she will be doing around us. Of course, I do not lie to my friends. And I consider you all as such. At least, that's what I'm telling you."

Marlowe... if we have to reverse a truth elixer on Machuchang, that doesn't mean we won't use a normal truth elixer on you.

Machuchang
2012-07-12, 12:56 AM
Marlowe... if we have to reverse a truth elixer on Machuchang, that doesn't mean we won't use a normal truth elixer on you.

Would that mean if we both spoke at the same time we'd cancel each other out?

D_Man_7733
2012-07-12, 01:03 AM
Would that mean if we both spoke at the same time we'd cancel each other out?

No, i would imagine we would use half the truth elixer on Marlowe, then reverse it and use the rest on you.

And if you REALLY want high bluff and social skills (at the expense of being a bit of a munchkin), multiclass one level into Marshal for the "Motivate Charisma" minor aura, gives your charisma mod again as a bonus on social skills (on you AND the party). Meaning a possible +10 on bluff at first/second level (without ranks). Power Gaming, sure, but hilarity is bound to ensue.

Machuchang
2012-07-12, 01:27 AM
@D_Man: Only good things can occur after that. :smallwink:

On a different note, finally finished that darned character sheet, sort of. Still may want to buy some more stuff or edit backstory. But in the meantime, say hello to Dame Eleanora Worthe of Stonehold (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420886)!

I apologize for the weird stats, I was aiming for battlefield control, of a sort. I hope she's tanky enough.

As for her enemies:

Arrik Lansburg, a rival knight from Saltmist. Eleanora humiliated him by soundly defeating him in a tourney joust. In addition, he is from the unfriendly rival city to Eleanora's home of Autumnstar. He's pompous, vain, snide, and slightly sociopathic.

Gorruk Half-Blade, one of many Orc Chieftains who attacked Autumnstar's dwarf allies a couple of years ago. Eleanora took out his eye while defending her knight-mentor, whom Half-Blade had crippled.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-12, 02:01 AM
I would just like to point out, that it amuses me how nobody has any friends in this game, only enemies... I hope we don't need a rescue at any point :smalleek:.

Malak'ai
2012-07-12, 02:31 AM
All characters are looking awesome :smallbiggrin:. I'll get the final touches done on the start of the adventure and I'll get the IC thread up in a couple of days.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-12, 03:00 AM
Okay everyone, with some extreme thought put into it, I have changed my eldritch spear to Beguiling Influence (+6 on Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate for 24 hours). +15 on bluff should rival that of your hexblade Marlowe :smalltongue:.

P.S. I hope this doesn't turn into a lying competition or who can keep the most secrets or trick eachother into revealing their secrets... this could end up being dangerous for everyone.

@EE & Machuchang, Don't worry I'm sure there will either be an evil doer outside (not including current company), or some wonderful architecture for you to look at while all of this is going on.

Malak'ai
2012-07-12, 03:22 AM
Looks like all "bad guys" are going to need sence motive :smalleek:.
Please, NOONE give them Potions of Glibness!

D_Man_7733
2012-07-12, 04:07 AM
In my brief moment of glee I seem to have forgotten I had built this guy to be a blaster, and nobody seems to have a primary ranged weapon but me...

Beguiling Influence can wait, Eldritch Spear makes me the best at what I do, and doesn't put us at the mercy of evil DM hordes of archers.

Marlowe
2012-07-12, 04:09 AM
I'm a great believer in having either a polearm or a bow, but that having both makes you look rather silly.

Malak'ai
2012-07-12, 07:42 AM
Unless one's stowed away in a portable hole or something when your not using it :smalltongue:.

Malak'ai
2012-07-12, 10:50 AM
Hey D_Man,
Would it be possible for you to swap Wordplay's and Machuchang's names round in the table? I keep forgetting they are round the wrong way when I have to go back to check things.

Malak'ai
2012-07-12, 10:51 AM
DAMN YOU 500 AND 503 ERRORS!!!!

**rant over :smallbiggrin:**

D_Man_7733
2012-07-12, 04:18 PM
DONE!

Are we taking bets on who will die first yet? :smalltongue:

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-12, 04:33 PM
DONE!

Are we taking bets on who will die first yet? :smalltongue:

10 gp you die first. Now make a will save to see if my Illusionist is offering real money. :smalltongue:

D_Man_7733
2012-07-12, 04:40 PM
No-need, detect magic at-will :smalltongue:.
[roll0]
My will save says you still fail, so come back when you get some real money!
100gp says the gnome dies first.

One more thing, you all take the silent movies as a joke, but it could prove very useful for money, or an easy wat into a town. "We are part of the experimental traveling play guild, where we use all this, to play out scenes for people." A successful bluff roll later, and we are inside!

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-12, 04:52 PM
Watch out, who knows when we may be fighting giants. And when we do, you may wish you had a +4 ac against dodge like other people. :smallwink:

Wordplay
2012-07-12, 05:01 PM
As the party cleric it's probably best if I don't join in on the betting who dies first :smallbiggrin:

@Malak'ai: I was hoping that I could be a cleric of the cause of trickery; worshipping the universe as a great lie. I had a look for trickster gods in the materials (I was thinking about Mask for a while) but I couldn't find one that was a good fit. If that's not OK, I'll just pick a god.

I've just got one feat, and items to do now. I should finish the sheet shortly, and then I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Ok, barring any mistakes, and subject to approval of the domains and choice of worship, that should be done. Here's the link again for convenience: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420661

Machuchang
2012-07-12, 05:22 PM
As the person who's job it is to step in front of swords, I'll bet on myself as the first one to die.:smalltongue:

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-12, 05:46 PM
As the person who's job it is to step in front of swords, I'll bet on myself as the first one to die.:smalltongue:

You make a convincing arguement. I'll shift my bet to you too. :smallwink:

Machuchang
2012-07-12, 06:59 PM
@ Arranis: Thanks for having faith in me. :smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2012-07-12, 08:48 PM
Wow, you all have a bit of a fatalistic view for your characters today :smalltongue:.

@Wordplay: Worshiping an ideal is fine, was just making sure that's what you were doing.

@D_Man: Thank you. Also, that sounds like a pretty good way of making some money. Have the Paladin and the Knight work as ushers, kicking out anyone who talking through the feature :smalltongue:.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-12, 10:29 PM
Daranad Zophokiel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=421819) Leading a rag tag guerrilla army, slowly rising into a triumphant force, over the evil empire to save the world!

Also: At later levels, is Leadership okay? It fits my characters fluff, and I promise not to focus heavily on the Cohort, or make it game breaking.

Otherwise, would you be opposed to slowly giving me an army through fluff?

I recruit people, my exploits send my name far and wide, etc.

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 12:49 AM
@EE: I'll take a look at the Leadership rules, always believed they were broken as all hell, so I'll see how I can nerf them.
As to building your own army, anything is possible but it wouldn't be until the MUCH higher levels.
Also, could you let me know who your named enemies (only need one or two) are?
And one more thing, what book is Song of the Heart in? I cant seem to find it, but then again, I might just have missed it.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 02:15 AM
Added EE's character to the table.

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 02:23 AM
Sweet, thank you D_Man.

Well, I guess it's time to claim colours :smallbiggrin:.
I'm calling Noble Navy Blue for good NPC's and Dry Blood Red for evil NPC's so things don't get too confusing if there's one (or more) of each in the same place at once.

Marlowe
2012-07-13, 02:28 AM
"I claim dark green, but you have probably worked that out by now."

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 02:31 AM
Haha, yeah, kinda got that :smalltongue:.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 02:33 AM
I will claim blue for consistency.

EDIT: Ok we all know what to do, kill those with drybloodred text and claim divine intervention, based on their speaking habbits. :smalltongue:

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 02:50 AM
And how exactly would be getting this Divine intervention? :smalltongue:

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 03:50 AM
Luck?

On a completely unrelated note, what would be the DC to convince a city guard that a murder was rightly justified?

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 04:44 AM
It all depends... What were the circumstances of the murder?
Who was it that was murdered? Were they well known/liked/hated/feared/pillar of the community?
What are you trying to pass off as the justification?

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 05:35 AM
Circumstances: Stabbed, Slashed, and blasted with magic repeatedly.
Who were they: A powerful Noble, who was indifferent towards the community
Justification: Divine intervention told us he was evil... we even have a cleric to prove it!

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 06:03 AM
Depending on your character level, and the level of the guard, just off the top of my head it would be DC 25-30, especially if you were caught in the act, but as I said, that's just off the top of my head without looking in the DMG for all the different types of modifiers you'd have to contend with.
Why? Planning on doing it? Or has it happened in another game and you think your getting screwed?

Marlowe
2012-07-13, 06:16 AM
"Heaven forbid that a Trickery Cleric might be accused of lying. For my part I'd never attempt to use Divine revelation as an excuse for anything. I hear it by the way that there's such things as evil gods. And even those that aren't might fairly be accused of occasionally playing mortals for their own goals.

"However, it should make no difference to the guard. His duty is to bring you in. Your justification is for the courts, not for the arresting officer. Your justification or lack should not matter to him".

Because being Lawful Neutral is fun.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 06:20 AM
It might come to that if we know who it is, and know he his most vulnerable in when he is in town. (And I have always wanted to do a jailbreak in a game:smalltongue:)

How can you be lawfull but so good at lying! what use is it to you then?

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 06:21 AM
"However, it should make no difference to the guard. His duty is to bring you in. Your justification is for the courts, not for the arresting officer. Your justification or lack should not matter to him".

Because being Lawful Neutral is fun.

Actually, that's very true, it would be the magistrate you'd have to convince of your innocence, unless your trying to pass the blame onto someone else.

Marlowe
2012-07-13, 06:36 AM
How can you be lawfull but so good at lying! what use is it to you then?

"I am a Hexblade, not a Rogue or a Bard. Intimidate is my signature skill, although largely useless until I can pick up Imperious Command.

And being Lawful will not stop me lying like a trooper to those without the law.

On an unrelated note, a Dire Hummingbird appears to be about to devour your hat".

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 06:37 AM
Sense Motive: [roll0]
"NOOO! that was my favourite hat... were did that hummingbird go? I want to give him a taste of eldritch might"

3-days later

"Wait a minute... I don't own a hat!"

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 06:48 AM
**As you come to rest by an overly large willow tree, a large yellow, wide brimmed hat appears magically on your head, the sounds of a river just of in the distance almost being drowned out by a female's singing voice.
You look round and notice four small figures come tumbling over the hill.**

Will Check D_Man :smalltongue:.

Marlowe
2012-07-13, 06:49 AM
"I am not one of Otorin's finest liars, but I'm a regional junior contender."

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 06:59 AM
HOW IS THIS HAPPENING! WE HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED YET!

Will: [roll0]

"What do you all think of my nifty hat? No hummingbird will get this one!"

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 07:02 AM
**You start singing in about the hills and trees, going on about your territory and the Rivers Daughter, you know something isn't quite right, but you can't seem to quite figure out what.**

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 07:05 AM
Detect Magic?

"I LIKE TREES, I LIKE MOUNTAINS, I LIKE ANIMALS WHO LIVE WITH ME- BUTNOTHUMMINGBIRDSBECAUSE THEY EAT HATS!"

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 07:16 AM
Detect Magic reveals that nothing around you is real, though you still have an overwhelming urge to call yourself Ol' Tom.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 07:19 AM
"My hat... is not real..." and with that I sit down and begin to cry, never to be heard from again.

Now they tell tales of Ol'Tom who wanders the forest stealing hats from unsuspecting travelers.

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 07:25 AM
:smalleek: You... You... You turned Tom Bombadil into a wandering bandit!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO "bursts out crying".

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 07:27 AM
Not a bandit exactly, more like a, troublesome spirit :smallbiggrin:.

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 07:33 AM
"keeps sniffling" Poor Tom, Poor poor Tom... :smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:
:smalltongue::smalltongue:
(For some reason it keeps splitting the coding after the 3rd face so you get 3 faces, the coding for the forth, then another face.)

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-13, 07:43 AM
I think I will take Orange.

"I use my illusion magic to make myself appear as Old Man Willow."

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 07:45 AM
**You gain the swallow whole ability against Halflings**

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-13, 08:41 AM
Also, I shall speak in Purple, being a noble color of royalty.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-13, 08:55 AM
I create a trail of tasty goodies for halflings to follow. Do I catch any? If so, imma go swallow them whole. :smallcool:

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 08:56 AM
Ok, back on track again.
As soon as Machuchang and Wordplay pick their colours I shall post the IC thread, this will be accompanied by PM's to each of you with a link to a personalized copy of the map making not of places you've mentioned in your backgrounds. I will warn you all right now, I have the artistic ability of a blind, thumbless Parkensons sufferer (no offense meant to anyone who actually suffers from that horrible affliction, my simpathies and best wishes go out to you) when I try and draw normally with pencil and paper, doing it on a computer in MS paint is even more of a challange.

EDIT: @Arranis: **Unfortunately, you have not yet had a Halfling curl up and go to sleep between your roots as yet, and you also notice that there are heaps of hummingbirds now devouring all the cakes, scones, muffins, and sweet slices you have left out on the trail**

Wordplay
2012-07-13, 10:22 AM
OK, I think that I'll try Dark Slate Grey for Raif Clearsight

Incidentally, how much experience would we get for Tom Bombadill? Bet there'd be loads of treasure, older guy with a young wife, probably loaded.:smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 11:00 AM
OK, I think that I'll try Dark Slate Grey for Raif Clearsight

Incidentally, how much experience would we get for Tom Bombadill? Bet there'd be loads of treasure, older guy with a young wife, probably loaded.:smallbiggrin:

Ummm... If you were to try and take on Ol' Tom, you'd get your butts kicked from here to Sunday, 500 years from now.
Converting his stats from ICE's MERP: Lords of Middle Earth vol. 1, he'd be a (approx) lvl 527 Cleric with Travel and Nature domains, his natural stat line would read like this : STR 18 DEX 24 CON 22 INT 21 WIS 24 CHA 19 (MERP and RoleMaster didn't really have a convention for naturally upping your stats very easily. The rules they did have for it were annoying and were capped at a certain number). That's not including all the SLA's, Su's and Sq's he'd have.
Oh, and he'd be considered an Enormous creature for everything BUT AC...

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 04:21 PM
I can't wait for this to begin.

*Suddenly Tom Bombadil come running through the forest and exploding all the hummingbirds shouting things like "HAT KILLERS!", before going back to being a hat-stealing spirit of the forest*

EDIT: I apologise If I am ruining your fantasies and/or childhood memories. (I have done so before)

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-13, 07:05 PM
Egad! Leave the hummingbirds out of this!

"Ring dol merry dol ring do dillo! I'm gonna get you Tom Bombadillo!"

I'm going to leave a trail of hats to try and lure Tom to my gaping tree maw.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 07:41 PM
"oooooh HATS!" Tom begins picking up hat after hat and climbs trees as he picks them up and puts them in the foliage. "No, hummingbird will get you, my fine hatty friends"

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-13, 07:51 PM
I'm going to try to grapple Tom while he is up in the trees. I'll be doing this while I am a tree so...

Grapple [roll0]. I get a +50 modifier because as far as you know I'm a giant tree. Make a will save vs 19 to disbelieve I'm a tree. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: in the words of Elan, "I ROLLED A FOUR!"

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 07:52 PM
Will save [roll0]

"You are not a tree, you are an evil spy sent by the hummingbird court to steal hats from the good, hat wearing trees of the forest!"

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-13, 07:56 PM
Okay, you see a silly Gnome with a large hat shooting a scorching ray at you.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Okay... He missed and hit a hummingbird.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 07:59 PM
"OUCH! that hot, now give me back the HAT"

He comes running at you for a grapple [roll0]

Marlowe
2012-07-13, 08:01 PM
"Balderdash! Haberdash!
An end to this manuevering!
Gord'an knot! Remus-tod!
It's time we were all moving!
Whether there or wither here,
We now go start deceiving.
I have glaive, and I'll have words
So now begin the reaving!"

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-13, 08:07 PM
Reflex [roll0]

And I fire another another scorching ray,

[roll1] vs AC

For [roll2] damage

And he points to his large black hat and yells back

"Lookit my eyes when yer talking' tah meh yeh silly human!" when you notice he has a pair of large white eyes painted on the hat.

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 08:43 PM
The things you guys get up to when I turn my back.... **turns you all back to normal, with no humming birds within miles**

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 09:22 PM
Soooooo... do we call that character building? Or insanity? :smalltongue:

How much XP for the hummingbirds?

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-13, 09:27 PM
It was a good team building experience. We learned not to fight each other and that I roll rather poorly. :smalltongue:

Edit: "I ROLLED A FOUR!"

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 09:31 PM
I'd call that mild insanity caused by prolonged antisipation.
I'm wavering on the edge of it myself :smalltongue:.

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 11:25 PM
Just been thinking that I forgot to select a colour for "neutral" NPC's so here we go How about this?

EDIT: Ok, that's really hard to read, lets try again. I think this might be better.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-13, 11:25 PM
I'm fine with it, it's just a little pale to see is all.

Marlowe
2012-07-13, 11:37 PM
Ah, the joy of posting a nice big, fat update for mine own campaign.

Now cue the days of facepalming as the PCs miss every clue, misinterpret everything, totally fail to ask simple, obvious questions and generally make me want to start the next one inside a gazebo.

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 11:41 PM
I didn't know G was playing in your pbp game :smalltongue:.
Mind you, you'd probally have to make his character sheet for him so everything actually made sense :smalltongue:.

Now we're just waiting for Machuchang to choose a colour so I can kick things off :smallbiggrin:.

Marlowe
2012-07-13, 11:45 PM
If you feel really nasty, put this group of characters into the Blenheim campaign as NPC antagonists.

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 11:48 PM
LOL! D and G wouldn't know what to do. S would just laugh and keep going about what he was doing :smalltongue:.

Marlowe
2012-07-13, 11:54 PM
I'm a big fan of the Wolkenritter gambit.

Anyway, not to rush things, but we're all obviously champing at the bit, and waiting for one poster to do something minor while everyone else has to wait is the easiest way to kill a campaign. I'd just start now.

I have to say, this has to have the highest average charisma of any group I've been in. Maybe we should try to defeat the Covenanters through the power of rock.

Malak'ai
2012-07-13, 11:57 PM
I did tell you to start that Bard campaign against the Legendary Litches :smalltongue:.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-14, 12:04 AM
I CALL THE LUTE! You can all be my back-ups :smalltongue:

I'm good to go whenever anybody else is (first time playing a warlock, but have read the silverclawshift campaign journals so it should be fun!:smallbiggrin:).

Marlowe
2012-07-14, 12:04 AM
-Mr Rogue"It's suicide mates! We cannot confront The Osbourne before tenth level"

-Miss Cleric "We have no choice! The Jagger and The Richards are moving in to support him; they charge their fire on steeds of black iron, a trail of Germanic combat fashion-models trailing in their wake!"

-Mr Barbarian "Yes, yes. I saw Hellsing Ultimate as well."

-Miss Wizard "So is Keef going to crash a jet into an aircraft carrier at Mach 5, then burst out of the flames to play his +5 guitar of Only Four Chords at us for 10d6 force damage?"

-Mr Rogue Now, you're just being silly.

Malak'ai
2012-07-14, 12:36 AM
Ok, taking your comments into consideration, here's the IC thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249484

Malak'ai
2012-07-14, 01:11 AM
Blasphemy? What blasphemy? All normal good races are represented at the gathering.

Marlowe
2012-07-14, 01:14 AM
Insert [any large area-effect nasty damage spell]. It was going to be Song of Dischord but I decided Verossa wouldn't know about that one.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-14, 01:20 AM
Bad Idea to shatter someones weapon as a display isn't it? :smalltongue:.

I assume as the eldritch-looking chap is me? (good guess, red eyes make it that obvious?)

Malak'ai
2012-07-14, 01:21 AM
**Slap forehead**
You were meaning the spell... How could I not pick that one up? Should read things more carefully :smalltongue:.

Marlowe
2012-07-14, 01:24 AM
Bad Idea to shatter someones weapon as a display isn't it? :smalltongue:.

Considering that Glaive is supposed to keep people away from you, and I do mean you personally. And considering she's carrying a backup warhammer. Very poor idea.

Malak'ai
2012-07-14, 01:28 AM
And I wouldn't advise shattering the platform either... It took 20 Halfling craftsmen 6 days to build it, who knows what it could contain :smalleek:.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-14, 01:29 AM
Considering that Glaive is supposed to keep people away from you, and I do mean you personally. And considering she's carrying a backup warhammer. Very poor idea.

Very true, so I think I'll settle for something a little less, obvious of my dark powers. (Uttering words in abysal isn't exactly going to get everyone to trust me)

Marlowe
2012-07-14, 01:30 AM
We need D. And a really evil earthworm.

Machuchang
2012-07-14, 01:35 AM
I was thinking the good Dame Eleanora could speak in a Passionate Red shade.

Malak'ai
2012-07-14, 01:38 AM
... I... I had almost forgotten about that Marlowe... Now I have to go change my pants. Trying to avoid doing a spit-take all over your computer has some nasty side effects :smalltongue:.

Malak'ai
2012-07-14, 04:54 AM
Marlowe, just wondering who the "Grand Dame" your referring to is?

Marlowe
2012-07-14, 05:25 AM
Dame Eleanora Worthe.

I'm actually a little dodgy on the correct form of third-person address. "The good lady" would not be appropriate.

Also, assuming things progress so far, Verossa requests permission to take a Drow of the Underdark feat (Imperious command) at 6th level, and a skill trick from Complete Scoundrel (Never outnumbered)

The feat requires CHR 15 (sorted) and Intimidate 8 ranks (will be sorted by then) it makes people she intimidates in combat cower for 1 round, then become shaken the next.

The skill trick also requires 8 ranks Intimidate and 2 skill points to learn. Lets her roll intimidate checks on all opponents (that aren't immune to fear) within 10 feet. Usable once per encounter.

Also, she's going to be shopping to add the Fearsome property to her armour. When she has the cash.

Net result will be considerably less scary than a Bard with Haunting Melody (requirements: 9 perform ranks and Bardic music) but fun.

Malak'ai
2012-07-14, 05:31 AM
Dame Eleanora Worthe.

I'm actually a little dodgy on the correct form of third-person address. "The good lady" would not be appropriate.

Also, assuming things progress so far, Verossa requests permission to take a Drow of the Underdark feat (Imperious command) at 6th level, and a skill trick from Complete Scoundrel (Never outnumbered)

The feat requires CHR 15 (sorted) and Intimidate 8 ranks (will be sorted by then) it makes people she intimidates in combat cower for 1 round, then become shaken the next.

The skill trick also requires 8 ranks Intimidate and 2 skill points to learn. Lets her roll intimidate checks on all opponents (that aren't immune to fear) within 10 feet. Usable once per encounter.

Also, she's going to be shopping to add the Fearsome property to her armour. When she has the cash.

Ah, ok, if it was anyone else I was going to remind you of the restriction on the title "Dame" in this world, and as I have not introduced any high level/powerful female knights i was a bit confused.

As to the bolded part in the quote, provide me when an online source and I'll consider it.

Marlowe
2012-07-14, 05:39 AM
Never Outnumbered (http://eberronunlimited.wikidot.com/trick:never-outnumbered) (this doesn't mention the 2 skill point cost to buy. That's standard with all skill tricks. There was a better site I had open but the Chinese internet thing is....well.

Skill tricks in general. (http://www.realmshelps.net/datafind/skills/skilltricks.shtml)

Fearsome armour (the one on the bottom, from DotU (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/magweapdesc.pl?power=Fearsome&src=marmortype)

Imperious Command (http://dndtools.eu/feats/drow-of-the-underdark--93/imperious-command--3193/)

EDIT: And as a bonus Haunting Melody. (http://dndtools.eu/feats/heroes-of-horror--70/haunting-melody--1347/) which is better than all that put together and essentially has the prereq of "being a level 6 bard".

Malak'ai
2012-07-14, 06:01 AM
All of those seem ok, but let me think on it for a while.
You might have to come up with a way of re-working Haunting Melody to fit a Hexblade though.

Wordplay
2012-07-14, 10:52 AM
Great map Malak'ai :smallbiggrin:

Sorry if Raif's style of speech is a little annoying guys. I think it'll take me a little while to get it just right. Until then, please bear with me.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-14, 11:14 AM
Don't worry about it, I find it interesting in the very weird style of half truths and deceitful beating around the bush. It makes sense. :smallsmile:.

And If you can't tell I'm going to try to be in the spotlight, as heroes are wont to do, :smallcool:.

Marlowe
2012-07-14, 06:57 PM
I'm NOT asking to take Haunting Melody.:smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2012-07-14, 08:52 PM
Hey guys, I'm having some problems with my internet so I'm having to use my phone, so don't expect any major replies.

Malak'ai
2012-07-16, 12:09 AM
Just spoke with tech support from my ISP and guess what? My modem is dead... Yay.
So please bare with me for the next few days until I can borrow one off a friend.

Malak'ai
2012-07-17, 01:08 AM
Ok, my internet is back up and running :smallbiggrin:.

Machuchang
2012-07-17, 01:09 AM
Woo! Glad to have you back, Malak'ai!

Malak'ai
2012-07-17, 01:10 AM
Thank you :smallbiggrin:.
Hope Eleanora is ok, we haven't heard anything from her for a while.

Machuchang
2012-07-17, 01:42 AM
Posted somethin' yesterday, but yeah, I was out of town for a bit, and the internet situation was a tad sketchy. Sorry about that.

Malak'ai
2012-07-17, 01:47 AM
No worries :smallsmile:
Wow... I think I lost some time, I thought that was a couple of days ago.

Machuchang
2012-07-17, 01:57 AM
Same thing happens to me all the time, dude. No worries.:smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2012-07-17, 02:02 AM
@Machuchang:
Hope you like what I've done with Belkenstair :smalltongue:.

Might take me a while to do replies to all current and future questions about the mission as I'm juggling school work as well.

Machuchang
2012-07-17, 02:20 AM
@Malak'ai: It's awesome! I love it.

Malak'ai
2012-07-17, 02:58 AM
Also, please forgive if the accents of the different races seems inconsistant, I haven't fully decided how I want them to sound, and also, I'm not very good at putting accents into text :smalltongue:.

Marlowe
2012-07-17, 04:40 AM
And for me, please forgive that

I

AM

AN

ENORMOUS

HAM!

Malak'ai
2012-07-17, 04:51 AM
Smoked, honey glazed or plain? :smalltongue:.

Wordplay
2012-07-17, 08:33 AM
Hmm...let me know if I need to make any checks for that Disguise self. Obviously when I meet people I'm trying to trick I'll need Bluff and Disguise checks, but at the moment I just mean for spell failure/success.

Machuchang
2012-07-17, 01:18 PM
Sorry if I keep making Eleanora seem snooty. She'll come around, I promise.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-17, 01:28 PM
Sorry I've been relatively silent, I've been a nervous wreck getting my license, so now that that's better, I'll post regularly again :smallcool:

Machuchang
2012-07-17, 02:19 PM
@EE: Woo! I trust it all went well?

Wordplay
2012-07-18, 03:18 PM
Oh, assume 500 in the pot from Clearsight for items, more if we need it, and the drinks on Raif for a while. He just needs to attend to his ministry first...

Malak'ai
2012-07-19, 06:26 PM
@Marlowe: Who is it that Varossa is talking to at the moment? The party of the general camp populous?

Marlowe
2012-07-19, 09:39 PM
General camp populace. If party members are going to spread confusion, she'll try to help, trusting they know what they're doing.

But I think from those rolls it's pretty obvious she's not sure it's the best idea.

Marlowe
2012-07-19, 10:13 PM
General camp populace. If team-mates are spreading confusion, she'll try to help out and trust they know what they're doing.

Even if thos rolls suggest she really doesn't think it's a good idea.

Apologise if this is a double-post, Chinese Internet is being Chinese Internet.

Machuchang
2012-07-19, 11:42 PM
Oh goodness gracious, clutch Nat 20!

EDIT: Okay, maybe not clutch, but I don't think it's too bad here. :smalltongue:

Marlowe
2012-07-20, 05:34 AM
On a slightly different note: The party Ride checks:

Drayner:+3
Verossa:+3
Halabar::+2
Raif: +0
Dame Eleanora: +8
Daranand: +1

I don't think we'll be too terrible as dragoons. No horrible dex penalties anyway.

Malak'ai
2012-07-20, 07:10 AM
@Marlowe: I don't know how, but G must have gotten ahold of my dice... I can't roll anything over a 5!!!!

@Everyone: I have been roped into a weekend long birthday party/drinking session so I'll post what happens as soon as I'm sober enough to think straight... I DO know what is going to be happening in the near future though :smallbiggrin:.

D_Man_7733
2012-07-20, 07:13 AM
We all go up a level and get magic horses? :smalltongue: (I will name mine shadow-step)

Malak'ai
2012-07-20, 07:25 AM
LOL D_Man, I'm not that drunk :smalltongue:. Send me a couple of cases of Jim Beam Bonded and about 5 cases of L&P (Unknown outside of New Zealand... It's a kind of lemon flavoured soda) and I'll consider it :smallwink:.

Wordplay
2012-07-20, 03:47 PM
I like L&P.:smallsmile:

@Arranis: Thanks that's just what I was hoping you'd do. :smallbiggrin:

Wordplay
2012-07-22, 08:08 AM
@Marlowe: wait, what, this world has a Westphalia but not a Bavaria?

@All: hopefully this was a somewhat amusing side-story. I tried to end it before it dragged. At least now when Belkinstair inevitably betrays us, Clearsight can call him out on it. (Don't think Clearsight actually made that betrayal any less likely). :smalleek:

Malak'ai
2012-07-22, 08:31 PM
Ok guys, I'm sober again, but can barely move :smallfrown:.
Looks like I've got a lot to catch up on, so hopefully I've done that in the post I just made.

@Wordplay: Ummm... I'm now going to have to change a lot of the story now. I can honestly say Belkenstair wasn't going to betray you... But now? Well, read the post :smalltongue:.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-07-22, 09:23 PM
You hear something crash? That was a carefully composed plot for this adventure. :smalltongue:

YEEEEEEEEEHA BOYS! COME ON! WE'RE TAKING THIS TRAIN OFF OF THE RAILS! :smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2012-07-22, 09:27 PM
Lol, not the whole plot. Just one of the semi-side missions... I might still be able to retrieve it though... maybe :smalltongue:.

Machuchang
2012-07-22, 10:45 PM
Wherever this leads, I'm looking forward to it.:smallbiggrin:

Marlowe
2012-07-22, 11:45 PM
At least you didn't just have the spooky plot-significant NPC seduce and get knocked up by the parties Orc Barbarian. Or have the Elven Warlock casually out herself as bi or gay, and the Halfling Scout do not only that but also reveal she's a total Alliel.

Wordplay
2012-07-23, 04:28 AM
Ooops...

Truthfully, I was probably as surprised as Lord Belkinstair when I was thinking about what Clearsight should do next, and it occurred to me to take his form.

I'll make sure Clearsight is good for a while.

EDIT: Well, if he wasn't going to betray us before, after my last post I certainly gave him reason...

Marlowe
2012-07-23, 05:20 AM
Nothing personal at all, but Raif's getting a STR 17 Hexblade punching him in the face if he keeps this up.

Well, no, I tell a lie. He's earned it already.:smalleek:

D_Man_7733
2012-07-23, 05:56 AM
woops, sorry guys, I think with those rolls I just made things a whole lot worse, I'm really glad I took out the part that involved possible defeaning whoever attacked me (if they tried) at the last second, hoping my AC would save me. :smalleek:

The move silently makes sense though, he wasn't trying specifically not to be sneaky just not to draw attention to himself.

@Malak'ai, how many people are we looking at surrounding us here? would it be possible to fight it out, or are we looking at a "you take the 5000 to the right, I'll take the 5000 to the left" sort of thing, and just hoping that Belkinstar gets killed in the fray? (please note I am not specifying whether I mean fake Belkinstar or real Belkinstar)

Wordplay
2012-07-23, 10:05 AM
@Malowe: I could certainly understand that. :smalleek: Seriously, if this apology doesn't work, the rest of the party beating Raif Clearsight within an inch of his life non-lethally might be the only chance he has of escaping alive.

At least it will make a convincing story if we need to infiltrate the cult.

@All: sorry, I think I got a little carried away with the character.

Malak'ai
2012-07-23, 03:09 PM
@Wordplay: Don't worry, you've been playing Raif perfectly so there is no way I'm going to penalise you for whats happened, it's exactly how I would expect a Cleric of Trickery to deal with some of the more snooty people in the world, I just didn't think he'd do it before the mission had even started :smalltongue:.

@D_Man: I think I said somewhere that were about 100 people gathered there, but a lot of them left as soon as the real Belkenstair showed up, so including Belkenstair and his bodyguard of Knights there are only 27 still there, Belkenstair, 6 Knights, 20 men-at-arms (though only a few are actually carrying weapons.

Now, lets just work at getting you guys out of this little hiccup and on your way :smallbiggrin:.

Marlowe
2012-07-23, 08:50 PM
BTW way, I didn't make a second diplomacy check for Verossa's speech because I believe it's still covered by the first roll. At least, I sure hope it is.

Oh, and Verossa reluctance to get into an verbal altercation with her social superiors? Evaporated as soon as aforesaid superiors started giving illegal orders.

EDIT: Am vaguely dissappointed nobody asked what an Alliel is.

Malak'ai
2012-07-23, 09:01 PM
@Marlowe: I was going to, but knowing you, I'd barely understand your explanation :smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:.