PDA

View Full Version : Do you know this game?

t209
2012-07-08, 02:03 AM
This game is from my childhood memories when I visit my family's friend home. It involves a group of adventurers (or soldiers) in Medieval settings. In combat mode, players have to take turn for them to fight the monster on the right. It is just a background (as in just the plain stonewall menu background and not the typical dungeon or forest). with your guys on the left side of the battle menu and the enemies on the right. I remember one of the monster include a mummy, turned to dust when it is killed, and probably a medusa. This is all I can remember.
Can you describe what game it is?

Shpadoinkle
2012-07-08, 02:47 AM
That could be damn near any game in existence. Do you remember anything else? What the characters looked like, maybe? Was it a console game (and if so, which console?) or a computer game? Did you get to choose your party or was it fixed? Were there any special commands or anything you could use in or out of battle? What year, approximately, did you play it?

t209
2012-07-08, 02:50 AM
That could be damn near any game in existence. Do you remember anything else? What the characters looked like, maybe? Was it a console game (and if so, which console?) or a computer game? Did you get to choose your party or was it fixed? Were there any special commands or anything you could use in or out of battle? What year, approximately, did you play it?

Old PC game, probabky around 1990s, party and The character is a a bit warcraft graphic, probably turn based game. I just saw my friend played it when I was a little boy.

Cespenar
2012-07-08, 03:53 AM
Sounds like an early Might and Magic or Eye of the Beholder look-alike, but I'm not sure.

t209
2012-07-08, 04:41 AM
At least I can tell you about the combat system.
It is a menus which the unit (both Hero and Monsters) is aligned vertically.
the left represent either soldier or hero part while the right shows the monsters. I think you either click the left unit to right unit to fight.

Cespenar
2012-07-08, 06:35 AM
It can also be something like Disciples I, perhaps. I don't know, I'm shooting blind here.

t209
2012-07-08, 08:40 AM
It can also be something like Disciples I, perhaps. I don't know, I'm shooting blind here.

It doesn't use model portrait, just model sprites for both heroes and monsters (It has mummies and Medusas as one of the monsters). The meny background isn't jungle or cave, just the texture of the stone.

Terraoblivion
2012-07-08, 09:20 AM
How do you maneuver in battle and are the units found in big stacks? Because it honestly sounds a lot like Heroes of Might and Magic 2 to me.

t209
2012-07-08, 09:49 AM
How do you maneuver in battle and are the units found in big stacks? Because it honestly sounds a lot like Heroes of Might and Magic 2 to me.

I don't know about maneuvering, but they don't make stacks (it was a long time ago). I saw the screen shot of the said game but it's not that close since I said it doesn't have backgrounds.