PDA

View Full Version : Telekinetic?

Dark Kerman
2012-07-08, 10:38 AM
Can anyone tell me any monsters that can take class levels (I.e, usable as a PC in a high level game) that possess telekinesis as an ability? I want to make a master of the unseen hand (with everyone at 15th level) and I think it might be better if it was a skill of the creature. Thank you. :smallsmile:

QuickLyRaiNbow
2012-07-08, 10:38 AM
Can anyone tell me any monsters that can take class levels (I.e, usable as a PC in a high level game) that possess telekinesis as an ability? I want to make a master of the unseen hand (with everyone at 15th level) and I think it might be better if it was a skill of the creature. Thank you. :smallsmile:

Ghost. You want to be a ghost.

Edit: To be a bit more informative, check out The_Mad_Linguist's guide (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2658.0) over at the new Brilliant Gameologists forum. Check with your DM about LA buyoff, and find out what books are available. If you don't have LA buyoff, you'll want to use the savage progression version of the template and advance it with Uncanny Trickster or Legacy Champion. If you DO have LA buyoff and a copy of Monsters of Faerun, use the full template and take Deathsong as one of your abilities.

Dark Kerman
2012-07-08, 10:48 AM
Hmm, that's an idea, I was thinking of combining it with fiend of possession before hand. I like. :smallwink:

QuickLyRaiNbow
2012-07-08, 10:55 AM
Hmm, that's an idea, I was thinking of combining it with fiend of possession before hand. I like. :smallwink:

Make sure you take the Malevolence power, then. It's 1/round Magic Jar.

Dark Kerman
2012-07-08, 11:10 AM
Not familiar with that one, where is that at?

QuickLyRaiNbow
2012-07-08, 11:30 AM
Not familiar with that one, where is that at?

It's one of the standard options listed under the MM/SRD Ghost template.

Malevolence (Su)

Once per round, an ethereal ghost can merge its body with a creature on the Material Plane. This ability is similar to a magic jar spell (caster level 10th or the ghost’s Hit Dice, whichever is higher), except that it does not require a receptacle. To use this ability, the ghost must be manifested and it must try move into the target’s space; moving into the target’s space to use the malevolence ability does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The target can resist the attack with a successful Will save (DC 15 + ghost’s Cha modifier). A creature that successfully saves is immune to that same ghost’s malevolence for 24 hours, and the ghost cannot enter the target’s space. If the save fails, the ghost vanishes into the target’s body.

Tvtyrant
2012-07-08, 01:07 PM
There is also the ghost monster class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a), in case you simply want to grab telekinesis and get the heck outta dodge. Grab 2 levels and move on to a different class is the general advice.

Then go retrieve a group of colossal weapons, which you will fling every 1d4 rounds at something for ludicrous damage. Eventually you can get 15 colossal greatswords, which is pretty impressive.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2012-07-08, 01:27 PM
That's the savage progression I mentioned. I prefer going up to level 4 - Malevolence and Rejuvenation are awesome. It depends a lot on LA buyoff options though. And, importantly, never ever take the 5th level since it gives you nothing.

Feralventas
2012-07-08, 04:11 PM
Ghostwalk's Eidalon class will let you take feats to get Telekinesis, though it will take about 3 or 4 of them to get the whole aspect of it (pre-requisites and the spell's full effect is split into two feats, 1 for movement, 1 for telekinetic maneuvers, though I think you also get that from MOTUH), but it's basically a Fighter class (box of feats) that is aimed for ghost feats.

Doing this gets you full BAB for the levels you take in it, most of the skill requirements (or a dip into Human Paragon should get you anything you couldn't cross-class enough of) D8HD, no level adjustment, and a solid will save.