PDA

View Full Version : [PFs] Brainstorming Ideas for a Slyph?

RndmNumGen
2012-07-08, 07:21 PM
I got a Slyph racial boon at PaizoCon today, and I'm uncertain exactly what I want to do with her. I was considering making either a Magus or a Witch, but it would also be fun to make a fighter-type(Duelist, perhaps?) due to the feat I can take at 9th level which gives me a Fly speed. I was wondering if the Playground had any ideas on what would be a fun character concept; at this point, I'm really open to anything.

Rappy
2012-07-09, 04:55 AM
If you want to do a spellcaster, the Wind Listener (sylph-focused variant Wizard) from the recently released Advanced Race Guide might be fun if you want to be the sylphiest sylph possible. The Wind Listener has a class feature to become intangible and wispy, which might be a good combination with the flight feat you have.

Taverick
2012-07-09, 05:37 AM
For those of us who couldn't afford to go to paizocon (even if we do only live down the road from seattle), wanna explain what a racial boon is so we can give aid better?

RndmNumGen
2012-07-09, 09:42 AM
Wind Listener is kind of interesting, though I'm not sure how valuable the Spontaneous Divination would be, and if it's worth giving up a familiar.

For those of us who couldn't afford to go to paizocon (even if we do only live down the road from seattle), wanna explain what a racial boon is so we can give aid better?

Sorry. Simply put, Pathfinder Society play only allows the Core races in games. A racial boon allows you to create a single character of the listed race, keeping all other character creation rules the same.

So, it's just like making any other Societies character, but as a Sylph instead of a Human/Elf/Dwarf/etc.

Ravens_cry
2012-07-09, 03:33 PM
Any of the Intelligence based casters could work, with the possible exception of Alchemist.
Sorcerer with the Sage (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/sage)bloodline could also work.

RndmNumGen
2012-07-09, 08:29 PM
Any of the Intelligence based casters could work, with the possible exception of Alchemist.
Sorcerer with the Sage (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/sage)bloodline could also work.

I actually had not considered Alchemist. I find that quite intriguing though... Why wouldn't it work? The dexterity would be useful for lobbing bombs, and picking up concussive/shocking bomb would be very thematic.

I would honestly prefer Wizard or Witch over Sorcerer. Magus seems to fit thematically, but Societies is already flooded with them... maybe if I could find a way to build one without using Shocking Grasp.