PDA

View Full Version : Blood Bowl League

Tychris1
2012-07-08, 07:56 PM
So, after watching this (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD57C7F7D682BB872&feature=plcp) Blood Bowl Let's Play and several other league's performed on other sites I thought it'd be a good idea to bring the game to the Gitp forums by starting up a Gitp league. Any takers? To sign up just post in the thread and select a team that hasn't already been selected twice. The league will be Played over the PC via Steam, which we'll use to coordinate and create a group. Please state your time zone upon joining. Games will be played Wendsdays and Fridays (Subject to change based on people schedules) for 12 weeks. If you have any further questions please ask.

Currently Signed Up:

Player/Team

Tychris/Vampire EST (Team: The Blood Dragons)
Crow/Elf (Team: Command Detonate!)

Crow
2012-07-09, 01:12 AM
Crow / Elf

Team Name: Command Detonate!

US Pacific

Tychris1
2012-07-09, 01:17 AM
Team name, that would be a good thing to state before hand, added. Also, all teams must be brand spanking new, no bringing in more experienced teams (The teams can, at maximum have played 3 other games before entering the league as "Warm Ups" in order for you to get yourself familiar with them or merely set up the road your team will travel down. Wins, Losses, and Draws all count towards the games limit.)

JustSomeGuy
2012-07-09, 06:33 AM
I picked Blood Bowl up cheap for the xbox recently, and I gots to say it is a pretty good game.

Unfortunately I don't know how to do internet gaming, and probably wouldn't be able to get consistent time to play anyway. Great idea though!

Wraith
2012-07-09, 09:06 AM
I might be interested in this, if you could provide some more details - Platform, when games would be played, other participants' timezones (I'm on GMT+/-0, so matching up to west coast-ers might be tricky), that sort of thing?

As for team, I'm tentatively thinking my classic boys; the Reservoir Frogs (Lizardmen) :smalltongue:

Tychris1
2012-07-09, 12:24 PM
Updated the OP to answer all your questions and state my time zone (Eastern Standard Time). Crow, could you please state your time zone aswell? Also, the timing parts are subject to change and aren't rigid, they've just been set up in a way that I feel would fit a lot of people's schedules (Thats including the weeks thing). Also, nice to see someone else who watches that movie :smallbiggrin:. I'm hoping you do join the League Wraith, it'll make it all the better.

Wraith
2012-07-09, 04:36 PM
I'm afraid that I'm going to disappoint you two-fold, Tychris. Firstly, I only have Blood Bowl on XBox, and it won't run on my laptop.

Secondly.... I've never seen it all the way through. I stole the name from a White Dwarf article that I read a good... 10 years ago? And it's just stuck ever since.
Then again, Lizardmen are only what I play online. When I play BB (tabletop) I play Skaven under the guise of the all-conquering* Darkblade Assassins. :smallbiggrin:

* Please note that the entire content of 'conquering' available my be slightly** less than advertised.

** Read: 'a lot'.