PDA

View Full Version : Shoot into grapple?

RandomNPC
2012-07-08, 09:00 PM
This is the first game I've been in where so many people grapple. Problem is I've got an order of the bow build. I've got precise shot, so I'm not going to shoot friends in close combat, does that cover grapple as well? One guy says 20% chance to hit friendly, another says +2AC, if that's why I miss I hit my friend, third person says "Hey, you've got precise shot, no problem."

So what's the rule?

Urpriest
2012-07-08, 09:03 PM
The rules are in sort of an out of the way place, but the gist is that you always roll randomly for who you hit when firing into a grapple. Here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatModifiers.htm)

RandomNPC
2012-07-08, 09:38 PM
Thank you, the four of us couldn't find it.

Keld Denar
2012-07-08, 09:43 PM
I think Improved Precise Shot helps this, since the person you are not trying to shoot is no longer concealing the person you are trying to shoot.

Tanngrisnir
2012-07-09, 12:42 AM
I think Improved Precise Shot helps this, since the person you are not trying to shoot is no longer concealing the person you are trying to shoot.

Yeah.

The feat Improved Precise Shot, from the Player's Handbook, specifically states that if you have that feat you automatically strike at the person you intend to with no chance of hitting anyone else.