PDA

View Full Version : LGBTAitP: Heroes of the Queer - In Character

supernerd
2012-07-08, 11:38 PM
Welcome children if the High Council (the Faelirian Elder Gods that created the world) to the Faelorian Capitol, each of you has your own goals, your own motives for being in Shop Merchant's Square, or the Shop's, a place where there is a bustling of customers and adventurers, going into the shops on and near the too small square. The real question is, will you be able to put your own goals and differences aside for what is to come?

So for a first post, give your motives for being in the Capitol, a basic introduction for your character, and a link to your sheet for the purposes of having a reference on this thread. We will be using initiative blocks, ie the initiative is fluid, and the only definite turn is when the the monster acts and at the end for a final round reaction. Unused spell slots/smites are returned.

We will also be using action points, you each have 5 and have plot armor so you cannot die but are simply knocked unconscious. You can remove this armor to gain 4 action points, but the armor takes either one night of rest or 4 action points.

And with that I bid you welcome to my world of wonder and fantasy. I hope you find it to be very inviting.

Arachu
2012-07-09, 01:39 AM
Bianca (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=408133) is trying to chat up a jewelry salesman in his shop, determined to distract him long enough to lift something but seemingly oblivious to his growing agitation and suspicion. She was supposed to be shopping for supplies, but she kinda got side-tracked halfway through making that promise.

"Look," he sighs through his hands, "I can't just let anyone poke through the displays. I doubt you can afford anything-"

"Oh? What makes you think that?" :smallannoyed:

"Er, I meant no offense, it's just - you've been in here for half an hour."

... "Yeah?" :smallconfused:

"And, all you've done is stare at the merchandise and argue with me."

"That's how haggling's done, isn't it?" ;P

:smallsigh: "Ma'am, we don't 'haggle'. Our prices are set by the-"

*Crosses her arms* "Ugh, fine, I'll shop somewhere else." >.<

"Is that real emerald?" @.@

*Headdesk* :smallfurious:

Darklady2831
2012-07-09, 01:50 PM
Leanne (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=407977) smiled at the kindly woman, handing her two gold pieces and taking her bag of fruit. "Thank you~ I'll be sure to tell you if I see a cat with black and gray stripes!"

She turned, and walked toward the jewelery shop Bianca was going to.

The door jingled as it brushed against the bell to warn the shopkeeper of customers. She stepped through the doorway gingerly, her expensive dress robes flowing in the slight breeze. She gave the shopkeeper a tender smile and walked over to the counter, standing next to Bianca. "Hello~" She said, her purse hanging to her side.

The shopkeeper looked at her, and you could almost see the greed in his eyes. He brushed off Bianca, giving his full attention to the noblewoman next to her. "How can I help you milady?" He said, gesturing to his assorted wares.

"Oh, well, she was here first, I can wait."Leanne said, nodding to Bianca.

"Nonsense, she was just leaving, besides, she can't afford any of this!"

Leanne looked at him crossly, then turned to Bianca. "I'm sorry I took so long, but I bought us some food. Now, did you want anything from this place, or can we go?" Leanne said, then glanced back at the jeweler "I'd rather not be near someone who treats his customers so rudely."

Arachu
2012-07-10, 01:54 AM
"Eh, I'm getting hungry anyway~" *Walks out like nothing happened, hands nonchalantly behind her head*

SiuiS
2012-07-11, 09:35 PM
Istanna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=410583) Brushes in through the door before it finishes swinging closed. She hates those damn bells, do like a city. Noise for the sake of noise!

She is direct, all business. Moving to the counter like a thundercloud, there is the slight clink of metal on wood. "I am here."

"I'm sorry miss. It's not ready yet, I--"

"You said one hour. It has been one hour."

"I'm sorry, I've been distracted this past half hour, I've gotten nothing done because of that--" the keeper begins.

"You have fifteen minutes." she says, her voice like ice. A voice that would brook no arguments. I shall watch your door while you work." Turning in a whirl of her robes, Istanna nods first to the other girls, then to the door. Shall we?
Without waiting for any response, she strides forward and through the jamb, to stand with Marena outside the jeweler's shop.

Mina Kobold
2012-07-13, 09:01 AM
Madeleine (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=408265) had until a few moments ago been browsing the stranger shops and boutiques of the grand Capitol. Amidst studying tokens of feather and poking at bottles of indeterminable, Madeleine is alerted to a curious presence by Chesire. The magical cat, curiously browsing rune-covered spellbooks spots the creature near a jewelry store out the corner of their eye and hurries the Gnomish magician to get a better look before it disappears.

"Amazing! Only seen such incredible a specimen in Master MacAlyse's Book O' Renowned Beasts!"

"Me~OW!"

Thus Istanna, upon leaving the jeweler's store, will be met by a small Gnome lifting up a cat to help it get a closer look at what appears to be the most magnificent thing they have seen all day.

A shy hand-sized colourful spider sitting on the wall behind Marena.

Lix Lorn
2012-07-13, 01:01 PM
Marena (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=408590) is waiting outside happily for her current rider, humming quietly to herself-and is distracted by a cat?
Blink blink.

"SPIDER!" she yelps, taking a rapid step backwards and then tripping over a stone, landing on her back legs, half sitting.
"...ow..."

SiuiS
2012-07-15, 12:27 AM
"Marena!"

Istanna flashes past Madeleine and slips her arm around the centaur's waist, grasping her elbow with the other hand and trying to keep her upright. "Are you alright? Did you hurt your leg?" Turning, her voice cooler, "Why are you pointing your cat at my horse?"

Lix Lorn
2012-07-15, 12:47 AM
"O....oh. I'm fine." smile. "Just... I saw a spider and freaked out a little..."

Lycunadari
2012-07-15, 04:05 AM
Cylaniu'lucyriad (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=421992) is standing outside the jewelery shop, close against the wall. She looks frightend, her hands clung to the fur of the big, nearly black cat next to her. She is nervously looking around, shifting from one foot to another.

"So many strange people! I want to go home! This is no place for me" she mumbles. Then she reaches out into the air next to her, where only some leaves and small blossoms are swirling.

"Rhizz, are you there? What shall I do?"

Is she talking to herself?

SiuiS
2012-07-15, 07:57 PM
Istanna rights Marena, begins to reflexively check her saddle and harness. "If you are certain you are okay..."

She looks around, noting the two ladies in the jewelry shop were still actually in the jewelry shop... Oops?

Lix Lorn
2012-07-15, 09:49 PM
Marena nods again. "I'm fine, really!"

Mina Kobold
2012-07-16, 05:39 AM
Looking after the spider as it flees from the noise, Madeleine and Cheshire sighs in unison. Putting Cheshire down, the arachnid-chasing wizard notices the equuian part-humanoid and amber-eyed rider. Looking from Marena to Cheshire to the wall.

"A Greenbottle Blue as a horse? Oh! M'apologies, did not see you... Garl'sgems, you are a steed and a travel partner at the same time? Amazing."

As Madeleine looks at Istanna and Marena in awe, Cheshire has found something else interesting. Walking up to Cylaniu'lucyriad, the small magical housecat looks up at Tamirei'radna curiously.

"Meow!"

Cheshire greets the big cat.

Lycunadari
2012-07-17, 01:44 PM
As the small cat approches, Cylaniu'lucyriad begins to smile. She looks from the cat to Madeleine, who is talking to that strange horse-woman, and back, than she decides that the wizard surly wouldn't mind if she petted the cat.
She kneels down beside Chesire and reachs out for her, while Tamirei'radna choses to ignore her smaller relative.

"Hello little cat, how are you? Tamirei'radna is interesting, isn't she? But I guess you are to small to be of any interest to her."

The elf playfully nudges the panther.

"Hey, Tamirei'radna, there is someone talking to you!"

The big cat growls.

Viera Champion
2012-07-18, 10:29 AM
Mitchell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=408403) needed food supplies. And some new clothing items, but that was more personal fashion preference than anything else. Simple as that. Well. I suppose there were other reasons for him being in town, but that was the most important.

I could get some parchment while I'm at it. I haven't written a letter home in a long time. Not that it matters. I doubt father even looks at them, much less shows them to Leanne. Heck, I don't even know if she lives at home anymore.

He came out of his train of thought as he approached a shop.

Yeah, I'd like to buy a...

He trailed off, getting distracted by the cutest guy.

Excuse me.

He said to the shopkeeper, heading over to chat up said hottie.

supernerd
2012-07-18, 12:04 PM
As the PCs begin to gather themselves outside the jewelry shop, and Mitchell oggles at a cute guy in the clothing store which the DM will place on the other side of the alley between them in the corner of the square, a ball of energy comes hurling from above at an angle, striking the statue of the king and his mount from his youth in the center of the square and shattering it, causing bit and pieces to fly out. Luckily no one is hurt as all the pieces land on the pedestal or in the large fountain. The shockwave from the blast however, shatters the glass windows of the shops in the square before it loses power, all the windows fracturing into millions of tiny shards before collapsing to the ground as the shards beneath them gave way.

No one seems hurt, and any who might be are already being attended to. The only harm is panic, everyone is either rushing to the back of shops or trying to escape or trying to help those that might be hurt.

By draining all the high rolls from the DM's dice roller application, every one of the PCs except for the cats see a hooded figure dragging a small boy, who is struggling to break free from his captor's grasp, into the alley between the two shops.

Now, Adventurers, what will you do?

Edit: (I am so sorry for my grammar, I can't believe I didn't put the commas around the noun of direct address >.<)

Viera Champion
2012-07-18, 01:26 PM
Mitchell frowns, hearing the many loud noises including the sound of shattering windows. He turns away from the cute guy he was chatting up.

Excuse me for a second.

He says, stepping out into the alley. He walks in front of the cloaked man.

Pardon me, hon, but kidnapping isn't particularly legal around these parts. You might want to put the kid down.

Arachu
2012-07-18, 03:18 PM
Bianca recognizes Istanna and Marena as she steps out of the store, but hears a freaking explosion before she can say anything! She looks around frantically, wondering what just happened.

"Gah! What was that, are we under attack!? @.@ Or wait, maybe this is a celebra-" :smallbiggrin:

She pauses, hand still pointing at some imaginary place in the sky, as she sees the kidnapping. Her eye twitches a little as her face falls into an enraged frown, and she immediately sprints towards the alley with the intention of feeding that jerk his own hair. :smallfurious:

SiuiS
2012-07-18, 11:44 PM
Istanna's brows knit as the two ladies exit the store. It took them a while, and she remembers Bianca's stories well enough to wonder... But enough of wondering.

In the echoes of the explosion, Istanna is already a black-clothed blur, twirling like a flag up and around into the saddle. It is during this spin that she sees the child bein dragged away struggling. trap? Diversion? Probably. Ah well. Live in the Now.

Marena, hie! she calls, spurring her companions flanks with her boot heels.

Mina Kobold
2012-07-19, 09:40 AM
As the explosion sends a shower of glass onto the Small-sized mage, Madeleine confusedly looks hither and thither.

"Wonder why they feel the need to drag their chi-Oh! Much more dramatic!"

Madeleine says, squinting to see the hooded figure. Only realising that the child is unlikely willing company of the cloaked adult when the others run to stop them. Following along, Madeleine brings forth the arcane words to summon the fearsome creatures from beyond the planes. A badger would certainly strike fear in a non-Gnome!

Cheshire, meanwhile, reluctantly turns away from the very interesting new pair of huge friends. Looking from Madeleine to the statue's remnants and back at Cylaniu'Lucyriad.

"Me~ow."

The small housecat explains, clearly liking the big humanoid already. Trying to mimic the front-limb wave Madeleine does when saying goodbye to other humanoids, Cheshire follows Madeleine.

Lycunadari
2012-07-19, 01:30 PM
As the explosion destroys the statue and shatters all the windows, Tamirei'radna pushs Cylaniu'lucyriad over to protect her from any further harm, but as soon as the noises of breaking glass are replaced by the sounds of panicing people, the elf picks herself up and looks confused around. What has happend? The small housecat in front of her makes strange movements with her paw, as if she is trying to wave, while the gnome and some of the humans are running towards a hooded person who is dragging a child.

"What's this? These people are acting strangely all the time, but how this person treats the child doesn't seem right." she mutters.
"Maybe I can help him? Clearly that's the sort of thing my parents intended when they sent me away."
And off she goes, followed by Tamirei'radna and Rhizz, to help the little boy.

Lix Lorn
2012-07-19, 05:54 PM
Marena eeps on seeing the crime, waiting anxiously for the bare moments it takes Istanna to take to the saddle, and charging for the alley rapidly, hoping desperately they'll be able to help.

SiuiS
2012-07-20, 06:12 AM
Maybe the child was jst throwing a tantrum?
Maybe the adult knew best?

Who knows? Istanna decides that rather than ask, a test is in order. She screams at the top of her lungs, a warcry as he rides down on the hooded person. "Aaaiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

supernerd
2012-07-23, 12:41 PM
The DM looks curiously at the stationary form of Leanne through his one way wall of fourth, then zaps her with plot lightning, sending her to the others in the alley.

The hooded figure laughs slightly, "Hah, tourists! You always assume the lightest possible course." and throws the young boy to the wall, the child hitting his head and falling to the ground, unconscious but still breathing.
DC10 heal
The boy is unconscious but has no potentially leathal wounds, he is stable and should wake up when he is treated, no immediate care is necessary.

The hodded figure pulls back his cloak and his hood falls, revealing two small horns on his head and a body covered with dark scales. He draws a rapier- Init- Init- Init- Init to win it, Initiative! (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CE4QtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dz2P KVv_0jWM&ei=dYUNUNmrLorKqQHp3_DiAQ&usg=AFQjCNGGanVXiL3FyRivfSmoYROLDNkWsQ)

Acting order:
Keveak/Arachu/Lix Lorn/SiuiS
DM
Lil Shiro/Darklady/Lycundanari

Coordinates: the alley is a rectangle A through D and 1 through 12

Opponent: B-10

Lil Shiro: A-5
Lycundanari: B-5/B-6
Keveak: C-5
Darklady: D-5
Lix Lorn: A-6
SiuiS: A-6
Arachu: D-6

SiuiS
2012-07-26, 10:43 PM
"Marena, see to the child. I will hold off this one."

Istanna's hands work furiously at her belt in the short span of the ride, before she pulls up her feet from the stirrups, pulling the reigns to tug Marena towards the unconscious child.

This was what she loved, was good at. Even in the still, smoggy air of the city a cool breeze blew at this speed. She waited, timed, gauged the distance, and then... Kicking off from Marena's back and shoulders, she spins and tumbles through the air over the stranger's head ([roll0], only if combat prevents taking 10) and pivots, swinging her loosed tulwar into a deep rising slash to his left kidney, and and an overhead downward chop to his left shoulder, forming an X across his back, shouting. She remembers that this man has not yet done anything, however, and so flicks her sword around into a hanging guard, waiting.

[roll1]
[roll2]

-
the jump check is guaranteed; given that Marena is five feet tall, even a 1 would get me over his head. I can't guarantee I'll go high enough to avoid reprisal however, even though the minimum ten feet height to make my landing A charge attack is there. The jump is made with a total +13, giving me about 23, plenty of space.

The tumble needs to meet a DC of 15 to succeed.

Istanna activates whirling frenzy in the air over the stranger's head.

The attack roll benefits from BaB 2, strength bonus 4, high ground 1, masterwork 1, charging 2, flanking from Marena's position 2, and a -2 whirling penalty. Damage benefits from being wielded two-handed and from the strength boost.

A note to the other players;
"I wait to see what happens" is a legitimate choice for your round's actions.

Lix Lorn
2012-07-27, 04:54 PM
Marena nods and keeps running, getting between the man and the boy-and trying to lift him up to her back.

I don't even know what I'd try and roll for that. If I even need to. Only if he struggles, in which case grapple, probably.

supernerd
2012-07-27, 09:46 PM
Well it's an unconscious 10 year old, so with Str 16 you should be fine.

Mina Kobold
2012-07-30, 05:21 AM
Madeleine, stopping abruptly when the kidnapper stops and faces them. Looking in fascination at their foe's appearance, Madeleine slightly changes the wording of the spell before uttering them.

"Amazing, so many questions. Maybe we get a chance later?"

"Mew!"

As Cheshire optimistically nods in agreement, Madeleine begins the spell. Quickly circling a small wax candle above a tiny woollen bag, Madeleine speaks the words of beckoning. Resonating through the planes, it catches the ear of its target.

In a flash of light, the area in front of Madeleine is now occupied by a new arrival. A Giant Bombardier Beetle from the Celestial planes has entered the battle.

In other words, I cast Summon Monster II! A wild Giant Bombardier Beetle appeared! X3

Hope I make sense. ^_^'

Arachu
2012-08-05, 08:31 PM
Snapping out of her amazement at Istanna's acrobatics (also trying not to think too hard about what on earth that cheerful Gnome just did to make that thing what just got made @.@), B. makes a deceptively casual-looking flick with her wrist as she sends one of her Skiprocks right at the assailant's left calf.

Sorry about the delay, I totally zoned out and forgot to announce waiting during my turn. :smallredface:

I attack him with one of Usagi's Skiprocks.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If I got a Critical: +[roll2] Force damage.

supernerd
2012-08-06, 08:57 AM
Heavily wounded, the figure draws a second rapier and lunges forward with both of them at the one he can reach after retroactively healing due to one of his target's slashes unable to pierce his previously ignored hide. (as in whoops, forgot he had a natural armor bonus.)

Istanna is under attack by the evil forces of dual rapier. He seems to know exactly how and where to hit, even when his opponent seems to be blocking his most vulnerable places. he manages to find openings in the armor for both of his weapons.

two hits dealing 10 and 9 damage respectively.

SiuiS
2012-08-24, 04:41 PM
A heavy cloak, and two sharpened sticks, he doesn't even have edges on his "swords". No problem! Spears don't work that w--

And then Istanna was under attack. The driving lead to her was expected, but the force and spew were not. Her arm dips, her blade tilts, and it's all she can do to keep her right shoulder in it's socket during her chicken-wing flailing. The second shot flew to her belly, and she just managed to knock the blade sideways and down, ripping through her mail and clothing into the the meat of her thigh, tearing a long, shallow gash through her hip. She bites off a scream into a hiss, focusing the pain into her frenzy.

"Learn to fight with real weapons you bastard!"

Istanna adjusts her footing, I keep blood from pooling beneath her boot, and tenses, already in motion to counter.

I would suggest making a second, villains only IC thread to keep the momentum up for those who don't have a chance to get into this now. I'd like to keep going, but things might slow down too much.

Lycunadari
2012-08-26, 10:03 AM
Cylaniu'lucyriad runs towards the little boy, when a giant beetle appears from nowhere in front of her feet. She backs away from it, then she sees that gnome doing strange gestures. She understands:

"Tam, don't attack the bug! The gnome must have summoned it!"

She runs around the beetle to Marena, who has lifted the boy up.

"Is he hurt? Can I help him- or you? Or your friend? She seems to be hurt!", she says to Marena.

"But I don't dare going near them as long as they're fighting..."

I don't know if I should roll for anything... :smallconfused:

supernerd
2012-08-26, 02:28 PM
you have a standard/move action left and can attack or cast a spell of the appropriate duration.

Your companion has yet to act, so you could have him, well, act.

Lycunadari
2012-08-26, 03:41 PM
Ok, so if I want Tam to attack the man, I have to make a skill check for Handle Animal?
For Push Animal I need a DC of 25. I get a +6 bonus from 6 ranks in Handle Animal, +4 from me being a druid and Tam my companion, and +4 from my Charisma, so I have to roll a 11 to be successful? Any mistakes, did I miss something? This is so complicated. :smalleek:

SiuiS
2012-08-26, 08:07 PM
"Attack Specific Target" is one of the basic tricks Tam would know, which I believe means you don't need a roll, just a gesture.

This is also a fight situation, and Tam was trained specifically to defend people right? So she could just run up in between the civilians (and yourself) and start to hiss and spit. She will act like a normal cat until you give her specific orders. That means either running away or defending her kittens (ie you) :smallsmile:

It's also a bit meta-game-y, but those two stabs took out most of Istanna's health. She's bleeding pretty bad from the leg, so healing magic would help. There doesn't seem to be a way to get to me without putting yourself in danger though, because mos healing magic requires touching the target.