PDA

View Full Version : CSI: Nondis (IC)

Lix Lorn
2012-07-09, 03:39 PM
“Well, I expect you’re wondering why I called you here today.” the woman says imperiously, hands clasped behind her back. She wears a simple robe of white and sandy gold, with the emblem of Nondis proudly displayed on the back. She is the Chief of Police for this district, the edge of the desert, populated mostly by humans and the serpentine Marissic. While most who meet Chief Raden think her too young, too naïve, and too friendly to be an effective chief, they find that her blend of cynicism and hope are effective in ways that few others manage.

Today, she addresses a group of some of Nondis’ finest criminal consultants-whether that means experts on criminals, or experts who are criminals. A diverse group with some truly odd skills, including Chief Raden’s own protégé, the police force hopes that their allies can succeed where they haven’t quite succeeded.

“Well, the answer is pretty simple. We’re utterly swamped. In the last fortnight, crime rates have climbed and changed in some very, very odd ways. There have been a series of random killings, using what we can only assume is some sort of long-ranged firearm-and the wounds are corrupted with warpstone. There have been massive increases in the number of missing persons reports filed, and threats of kidnap, sabotage, and worse have been declared by groups nobody has ever heard of.”

She sighs.
“Honestly? We could maybe deal with one or two of these things alone, but… they’re all happening at once. Avance-chief from up in the Dwarven District, I’m sure you know him-insists it can’t be co-incidence, and I don’t think anyone disagrees. When this much happens at once… it’s not co-incidence.

Now, of course, we can’t force you to do anything, so… we’d really appreciate you taking the job.” she asks, finally getting to the point.
Then she pauses, looking at Ferril.
“Except you. You we can force.” she smirks slightly. It’s a relatively friendly smirk, but since most inhabitants of Nondis have seen their chiefs in action, it’s not one anyone wishes to risk.

OOC here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13567391#post13567391)

Fredaintdead
2012-07-09, 04:06 PM
"Well missie, the way I see it, you've got a problem that can be solved by liberal and angry application of pointy-smashy things to the jimmies of certain criminal individuals. And that just so happens to be an area of certain expertise of mine."
Tyrion grins quite madly.
"In other words, point me in the right direction and I'll carve a path through the bad'uns so bloody it'll take weeks to clean the various organs off of the walls."

Dragnar
2012-07-09, 04:29 PM
Ferril just smiled at the police chief's comment, the scholar lying back with his hands behind his head, looking about as relaxed as most people were in their own homes. "My dear, I'm only here because it's interesting. Were it not, I'd be having the time of my life being fed and housed for by that nice hotel you call a prison... Not that I'm complaining really, it's nice to have work come to me for a change." Criminal or not, he was more than good-natured about the whole thing, and beyond the snark he was quite polite.

...meanwhile Riz seemed to have wandered over behind the police officer, where the imp was making a variety of rude gestures and funny faces. Misbehaved demon, five year old child... The difference is surprisingly small sometimes.

DrakeRaids
2012-07-09, 05:38 PM
"Zell, The Maiden of Absolution: Epsiode 54, Storm of Fear. In a district pressed on all sides from evil and chaos, will our shinning Maiden and her new allies manage to save the day? Or will chaos descend onto our fair town~"

As Zell murmured to herself, it quickly became clear the girl was more then a little odd. Fair younger then one should be, for working with hunting and fighting crime, she was barely a wisp of a girl really. The main thing was she was pale, almost white really, her skin contrasting sharply with her black hair, giving her a slightly sickly look, but seeming in contradiction to this, her movements where sharp and energetic. Her eyes where equally strange, they where of the lightest possible gray, almost silver really, and seemed to look right through you instead of at you. Some people, when seeing her, mistook her for blind really.

And she was dressed like a civilian for the most part. A brown skirt and white top, sandals she didn't look prepared to fight anything for the most part. She did have a long chain coiled behind her back though, which was oddly ornate, and had some deadly spikes of its own.

Ganurath
2012-07-10, 11:37 AM
"Serial killer targetting humans, mass kidnappings, threats from various unknown organizations..." Antinua Gyrstrum scratched at her head, the thick fingers of her leather glove causing her hair to become even more erratic than it already was. She patted her hair back down, then adjusted her goggles. In her mind, the city was one big machine. If there were parts that didn't belong, it would be best to find the empty spaces where such parts could settle into place. "I would like a map, with the locations of the events marked. Color-coded, if possible."

Noble Savant
2012-07-10, 01:59 PM
Touch looked sullen, looking around at his new co-workers. He was already starting to get a headache. Of course, that could of been because his head had quite a load on it already. Still, he'd worked with worse than a few criminals and weirdos, and it turned out all right. Well, they'd tried to kill him a few times. But he was also used to that.

"I'm at your service, Miss Chief." He said shortly, nodding his head. "We going to be working together or apart?" He asked, somewhat hopefully. There was a always a chance to save a headache.

Tackyhillbillu
2012-07-10, 04:02 PM
Renalta sat on top of Touch's head, comfortably situated. She was rather bored. Sure the murder investigation and such sounded interesting. Renalta just wanted to be out there doing it, rather then sitting in here, listening to this lady lecture them about it.

BORED BORED BORED BORED

She meowed crossly, changing positions slightly. Oh well, hopefully the old bat wouldn't take to long. If she did, Renalta could always go find somewhere to nap.

Oh, and it was important to note that Renalta was a cat during this entire mental exchange.

Lix Lorn
2012-07-10, 05:45 PM
"Well, the problem is that we're not sure of the direction." she explains to the angry lightning wielder. "If we were, we probably wouldn't need so many of you."

Turning to Ferril, she gives a too-wide smile. "Of course, of course. Perhaps you could at least persuade your imp to make more amusing gestures than these tired old ones."

...to Zell, she grins wider still.
"Beset by enemies, but surrounded too by new allies, will the varied conspiracies turn out as the noble Northern Chief claims, as but a single great plot? All who know the maiden know she is the one to succeed."

Chief Raden has a bit of a soft spot for the odd girl. At least, she does if you define 'a bit of a soft spot' as the same as 'basically considers her a family member.'

But she becomes more professional in reply to the young engineer. "I have maps for you already planned, locations marked. If you can tell someone what colours you want coding, we can arrange that too, but it'll take a few minutes." she replies.

"As for groups, I wouldn't recommend you all go your seperate ways, but I'm sure two or even three groups would be helpful. Hopefully, you can work something out yourself."

At Renalta, she merely repressed a scowl, and, as she often did, wondered which police chief it was who held back the dislike of the others enough to keep the irritating kitty on the list.

Ganurath
2012-07-10, 05:54 PM
"So long as I know which color means what, it won't make much of a difference." Antinua had assumed that the imp belonged to one of her newfound teammates, and she found herself adjusting her rather hefty belt, the gesture creating a metallic clatter as various enchanted metal rods clanked against one another. The noise caused her homonculus, a metallic hound covered in leather called Bugs All Over Sanity, to perk up in alert... And quickly bare metallic fangs on the prancing imp as it released a synthetic growl. Setting a hand on BAOS's head, the half-elf gave her creation a reassuring smile. "That imp is presently non-hostile."

Dragnar
2012-07-10, 06:02 PM
The scholarly criminal smiled at that, nodding to the police chief. "Of course, of course. Not at all a suitable way to treat a lady... and no need to worry about that my fellow investigator, he's never hostile... just rude. Little wimp can't even work magic." His smile faded in an instant as his concentration moved from the girls to the imp, fingers snapping as he ordered the little demon over to his side. "Riz! Stop antagonizing the woman and get over here, we're on the job."

Lix Lorn
2012-07-10, 06:13 PM
She nods to Antinua. "Someone's getting right on it." She gives an appreciative nod to Ferril. After all, while he may be a lazy criminal, he's not unpleasant. He's always been nice to her, after all.

DrakeRaids
2012-07-10, 08:43 PM
Pausing, she seemed to actually look at the group for the first time in the meeting, her features a little confused, and seeming to wonder just how all these people got here. "Two teams of three~" Zell decided suddenly. Her voice had a faintly musical tint to it, as she seemed to sing her words sometimes, instead of saying them. She briefly considered just running out now to see what she could find, but Miss Raden got annoyed sometimes when she ran off while she was still talking. So she gave the chief a wide smile as she waited to see the maps, and anything else they needed to know.

Ganurath
2012-07-10, 09:08 PM
Antinua looks at Zell in confusion, shifting her goggles up to her forehead to see that the girl was indeed thinking that it was that simple. Determining that she was sincere, the half-elf then looks at Chief Raden. "...Are you going to be joining us on the field, or is Zell making an inaccurate assumption regarding headcount?"

Fredaintdead
2012-07-12, 07:12 AM
"Well, if we're splitting up; which sounds like a bad idea by the way, then; as much it pains me to say this, we need to think about what we're doing before we dive in blood and thunder-like."
Tyrion grins.
"I can hit the tougher districts if need be. I haven't yet met a man who I couldn't 'persuade' to tell me a few things he may or may not have seen."

Ganurath
2012-07-12, 07:58 PM
Antinua nods in agreement in the halfing's direction. "Which is why we're waiting for the map to arrive. It'll allow for pattern analysis, see how all the pieces fit together. The kidnappings may be trickier to narrow, but the sniper attacks shouldn't be too difficult to isolate, especially if we know which direction the shots came from."

DrakeRaids
2012-07-12, 11:04 PM
"Well, there's you, there's me, there's our fighter halfling, our detective, the criminal, and the cat." Zell explained as if it made perfect sense "Thats six. Two groups of three." How did she build like that if she was so bad at math? Zell made a mental not to stray away from her inventions. She was probably the mad scientist archetype and the always exploded. That made sense.

Ganurath
2012-07-12, 11:11 PM
The observation caused a moment of confusion for Antinua, but then she considered two possibilities. One, the girl was crazy. Two, she had access to information that Antinua did not. Being an optimist who wasn't personally familiar with police incompetence, she decided the latter would be better to test. "Wait. The cat has humanoid level intelligence?"

Dragnar
2012-07-12, 11:21 PM
Terril was beginning to seriously consider the possibility that the police chief's little protege was completely insane. Oh well, he would give her the benefit of the doubt for now... and worst case, he could always do a case study on her unique brand of madness. Riz was slightly more blunt about his thoughts, making a spiraling motion with one finger at the side of his head as he looked up at her.

Tackyhillbillu
2012-07-14, 01:34 AM
Renalta hopped off Touch's head easily, jumping onto a nearby shelf. She curls easily, and giving a large theatrical yawn for the crowd, appears to go to sleep.

No, I have feline level intelligence. I'd have to go acquire some brain damage before I had intelligence at the level of half the room.

DrakeRaids
2012-07-14, 01:23 PM
"Of course. Likely shoots beams of light too, don't you know?" Zell look honestly confused. Didn't they know thats what all animals did? Talk, and shoot beams of light? Honestly sometimes she wondered about people. She didn't seem to be sarcastic either, the young woman's face was one of genuine confusion. It was sort of odd, she was just old enough to be considered an adult really but there was a sort of innocence in that cocked headed looked of hers.

Fredaintdead
2012-07-14, 01:45 PM
"Lassie... most cats don't talk or shoot beams of light out of their eyes. I don't believe I've met a single one that did any more than sleep for most of the day."
Tyrion looks a little concerned.
O'course, I grew up the simple son of a Police Officer within the hills of the Sparkblade clan, so maybe I've been missing out.
A large grey ape with a scar underneath its left eye walks up to Tyrion's side.
"Oh hey Bruce, where've you been lad?"
The ape grunts.
"You know you really need to remember that I love a good drink and a good fight as much you do laddie."

Dragnar
2012-07-14, 01:48 PM
Well, so much for the benefit of the doubt. Since when were the mentally unstable allowed to work in law enforcement? Wasn't there some kind of screening for that? Ferril gave the police chief a quizzical look as he listened to the girl's explanation. "...An interesting assumption to make, though admittedly true on some level or other."

Lix Lorn
2012-07-14, 02:00 PM
"The cat is a... a trusted member of the extended police force, just as you all are." says the chief reluctantly, as a Marissic pushes the door open with her tail, carrying a small pile of maps.

She places the pile on the table at the edge of the room, and gives Raden a tired salute before leaving again.

On examination, the maps are standard city maps, with hastily added colour coding. The vast majority of criminal deaths-marked in red-are, as expected, in the areas most populated by humans, such as the Sane and Desert Districts. Sporadic kidnappings-in green-seem to be spread evenly throughout the city, although the sky district seems safe. Scattered patches of blue show threats that are yet to be enacted, such as the death of the Desert leader, and the destruction of a Limitless District research center.

Ganurath
2012-07-14, 10:47 PM
Tightening the fist of her hand with her ring on it, Antinua decides to dismiss the discussion of the cat for the time being. "Luxury."

The map itself begins to take on green tinted spots, starting at each of the marks and spreading at an equidistant rate. Should spots overlap, the green would take on a progessively more vibrant shade. As a personal touch, the circles have the teeth of gears, and slowly spin as they spread. "You said the killings were with a long-ranged weapon. Any estimates on direction of fire from the bodies of the victims?"

Lix Lorn
2012-07-14, 10:58 PM
"We currently guess that the shots were taken from the top of nearby buildings." she says. "Thus our guess of a long range weapon."

DrakeRaids
2012-07-15, 12:22 AM
"Where are the bodies? Have anyone talked to them yet?" Zell asked, fingering one of the links in the spiked chain she carried with her. She didn't mind talking to dead people really. It was kind of sad, and melancholy, but they tended to be fairly polite as far as things go! even if they didn't have much personality really. Oh well, can't have it all.

Lix Lorn
2012-07-15, 12:41 AM
She nods.
"Of course. They were understandably upset, and quite confused."

Dragnar
2012-07-15, 02:16 AM
So, the cat really was intelligent? Unusual, but not unheard of. Druid maybe? Shapeshifter? Who knows, there were a thousand possibilities. And it really didn't matter at the moment which of them it was. "So, no known link between the targets, beyond all being human? None of the anti-human groups in the city are, to my knowledge, in any position to have pulled this off... though admittedly my information is a few months out of date at this point. Which leaves the new arrivals, not established enough to be known just yet, but with the manpower to pull this off." Ferril seemed lost in his own little world of news reports, census data, and all sorts of boring paperwork for a moment, before nodding to the police chief with a smile. "Could I get a copy of all shipping records, as well as a map marking all new arrivals in the city and their current residences, stretching back, til, oh... a month before this all started?"

Lix Lorn
2012-07-15, 02:56 AM
She considers this for a moment.
"It's an interesting thought. I don't think we can just grab them from records, but we can certainly look into it. To be honest, I'd expect not much to be abnormal. The people doing this aren't likely to come in through legal channels."

Fredaintdead
2012-07-15, 06:19 AM
"Blah blah blah. snore snore snore. Standing around here isn't gonna get anything done. We need to be out there, now, either busting heads or busting heads a little more gently so that they can still talk when we're done. So pick a plan lads and lassies, it's time to hunt us some scum."

Ganurath
2012-07-15, 10:37 AM
Antinua examined the map before her, watching as spinning green gears overlapped, looking for the brighter spots as areas to investigate. "Ma'am? You never answered my question. Have you determined from any of the bodies which direction the shot came from? I'm trying to figure out which tall building to try to identify what areas the killer has access to. Also, where are the abandoned buildings in these areas with heavy green overlap?"

Dragnar
2012-07-15, 11:39 AM
Ferril just grinned at that, nodding in agreement. "Of course not. But what isn't in the records can be just as informative as what is..." He scowled over at the overly-violent member of their little group, shaking his head. "We are not thugs, this job isn't going to get done by simply beating people up without any leads."

Fredaintdead
2012-07-15, 12:03 PM
"I ain't suggestin' becomin' thugs tallfolk, I'm suggestin' that we take action fast. The more time we spend locked up in here is more time whatever scumbag can use to shake the scent."
Tyrion scowls right back... while still grinning.
"I don't do well with being locked away. But my guess is neither do you laddie."

Lix Lorn
2012-07-15, 04:47 PM
Antinua examined the map before her, watching as spinning green gears overlapped, looking for the brighter spots as areas to investigate. "Ma'am? You never answered my question. Have you determined from any of the bodies which direction the shot came from? I'm trying to figure out which tall building to try to identify what areas the killer has access to. Also, where are the abandoned buildings in these areas with heavy green overlap?"
"Oh, my mistake." she nods, going to look at the map. She pulls a pen from her pocket, and makes a few quick notes, marking buildings nearby the shootings.

Ganurath
2012-07-17, 02:50 PM
"This is the best place to get the scent at the moment, Stormblade. Observe:" As the engineer gestures toward the map, similar red gears begin to spread from the sniping buildings, which have been highlighted with a thickly colored border. Hopefully by drawing the others in, she'd get them to stop bickering. "We know where the kidnappings are most heavily concentrated, and we know which buildings the serial killer has access to. We're looking for abandoned or heavily private buildings in the former, and the level of security in the latter. Among us, we know more than a few districts. Observations, ladies and gentlemen?"

Rolling Knowledge (local) for Antinua's own contribution. Since I'm combining the Urban Ranger Favored Enemy with Favored Environment, can I apply a +2 and +4 to buildings in the Sane and Mad Districts respectively?

[roll0]

Fredaintdead
2012-07-17, 03:20 PM
"Sparkblade missie. Sparkblade."
Tyrion grits his teeth as he speaks.
"As for any 'observations', having the knowledge beforehand isn't exactly my specialty. But once I'm out there you'd be surprised how much I can get a man to admit. Getting inside a man's head is easy when you can feel every little spark that goes on his brain. Ya ken?"
Tyrion taps the side of his nose with a sly smile.

Dragnar
2012-07-17, 06:19 PM
Ferril smiled to the violent man, shaking his head "Well if this isn't your specialty, then I'd kindly recommend you stop trying to tell those of us who do specialize in information gathering how to do our jobs. I'm quite sure we'll have plenty of people for you to beat on after we've narrowed down where to look."

That done, he pulled a pencil out of one of his outfit's many pockets, appearing to write in the air for a moment while mumbling to himself. "...Alright, of the marked spots, these look like the most likely by far. Shall we see if there are any clues left behind?"" He marked off a few of the spots the police chief had, narrowing things down further.

Fredaintdead
2012-07-17, 11:41 PM
"I don't think I appreciate your tone laddie. I didn't mean to suggest we don't do our job right, what I meant tallfolk, is that we should make haste. And I can get information lad, I just have to be out there to get it."
Tyrion looks solemn for a moment.
There's justice to be delivered. And justice is something that should never be waiting.

DrakeRaids
2012-07-19, 01:28 AM
Zell looked at the maps, listened to the talking, and eventually came to a single, very important conclusion.

"This is boring. Gonna go find stuff out. Wanna come Sparkblade? Oh. I should back for dinner Miss Raden."

Zell grinned, as she turned on her heels, almost in a dance like motion, a strange off rhythm to her steps. It actually was a little disconcerting. You could tell there was a pattern there, but there was a subtle chaos to it as well. Almost as if the irregularity was the pattern. It was more reminiscent of an outsider then anything. Strange and stranger.

"Hmm." She murmured to herself, not really looking to see if she was being followed. If they came they came. "Lets find the scene of the crimes!" Maybe there would be clues. Maybe the criminal would revisit it. Yes. Or go check out rumors! Rumors are always fun. Can go tavern jumping. "Talk to people to, see what everyone is thinking." She nodded. What else to do? "Maybe raid the gang dens? See if they know anything..."

Fredaintdead
2012-07-19, 06:46 AM
"Sounds like a plan lassie."
Tyrion follows.

"We should probably check around the area of the scene of the crime for any possible witnesses. Including a general search for any information the people of the surrounding area might have. Rumours, talltales, anything and anyone we can get her hands on might have something to tell us."

DrakeRaids
2012-07-25, 01:25 PM
"Sounds like a plan!" Zell nodded, "Lets go to the most recent one first! Thats likely to be freshest. Right?" She paused, for a moment not sure. She was a little worried but, she guessed in the worst case scenario they didn't find anything, which wasn't all that bad. Then they would just try looking somewhere else. And in the best case, they would get to unleash the magic of LOVE and JUSTICE. Which was always fun.

Hawkflight
2012-07-29, 03:00 PM
A slight knocking came on the door before a tall gray elf stepped inside. Contrary to the species' name, his skin wasn't actually gray, but a fair shade of tan, and his entire being was unexpectedly clean. He was garbed in semi-formal wear, like he usually wore on official business. He had a creature on his shoulder that looked like a baby dragon, only more feline in appearance. He stepped over to the lady in charge.

"I apologize for my tardiness," he said. "The bar was rather full today, and I am not in the habit of kicking people out."

Fredaintdead
2012-07-29, 04:38 PM
"Aye lass. That'd be the best place to start."
Unless Tyrion and Zell are interrupted on the way there, Tyrion will begin attempting to gather information on what happened here and anything people might know about it at the most recent crime scene.
Gather Information check: [roll0]

Lix Lorn
2012-07-29, 06:29 PM
Raden nods at the late arrival. "I'm afraid you'll have to get the short version from the others, they're making plans to exit. Good luck though, and report back to me if you get anything."

---

(Assuming you're both asking about murders...)

Tyrion learns nothing of valur about the crimes, although he does hear that his cousin has released a new enchanted ale-Storm Spirit.

Fai, on the other hand, hears vague mentions of a skaven gun-for-hire, living in the Sane District and living it high on their profits.

Fredaintdead
2012-08-08, 03:07 PM
"Bah. Not a thing. Nothing vastly important unless ye take yer booze seriously."
Tyrion stomps the ground in frustration.
"I'd rather not be scaring innocent civillians. So, if you've got any ideas Zell, now's the time to spill."

Dragnar
2012-08-08, 03:10 PM
For his part, Ferril and anyone who wanted to follow headed for the nearest of the likely sniper spots, yawning a bit as he entered the abandoned building and started looking around for any clues. "Ah yes. The boring part of any investigation..."

DrakeRaids
2012-08-08, 03:11 PM
"I've got an idea." Zell said after a moments thought. Moving over to a nearby box, she got ontop of it, and began waving her arms frantically, yelling as she did so. "HEY! DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING USEFUL ABOUT THE MURDER THAT HAPPENED HERE?! THANKS!~" Smiling, Zell then dropped down, sitting on the box happily. She was pretty sure that would get some information, right? Thats generally how she did 'detective' work when the chief asked her to, and it usually worked

[roll0]

Lix Lorn
2012-08-08, 03:18 PM
Ferril + ?
Abandoned building is abandoned... except for the disturbed dust on the way to the staircase.

Zell + Tyrion
There is sudden silence as the whole bar stares at the magical girl.
A long silence.
"No." says the bartender bluntly, and as one the bar seems to burst out laughing.

But... one man is staring at her through drunken eyes.
"...hey, you're Zell, arencha. I had a message for you, I was meant to deliver it today... just popped in for a drink..."

There are five glasses in front of him.
"The uh... the whatserface... the queen. Yeah, her. She wanted to speak to you."

Fredaintdead
2012-08-08, 03:48 PM
Tyrion makes sure to follow Zell, more to look after her than anything else.
Well then, looks like we owe Queenie a visit then.
Tyrion grins, a mad glint in his eye.

DrakeRaids
2012-08-08, 07:17 PM
"I wonder what she wants though?" Zell looked more confused then anything, but nodded along at the drunken man. In any case, it was probably unwise to keep their ladyship waiting. Picking herself up quickly, and with Tyrion in tow, she ran to the castle, not quite sprinting but not wasting any time either!

Dragnar
2012-08-08, 09:54 PM
Ferril paused for a moment at the sight of the displaced dust, before crossing his arms and turning to his Quasit familiar. "Riz, check it out. I'll follow if there's nothing dangerous up there." The creature rolled it's eyes, grumbling a bit as it moved to do as asked, heading up the stairs alone. Ah, the joys of being mostly expendable!

Lix Lorn
2012-08-09, 11:54 AM
Zell and Tyrion

The marble palace at the centre of Nondis is beautiful, vaguely pyramidical and faceted like a diamond with glass. Water falls from several outlets high on the building, from which several rivers begin to snake out into the city. A pair of armoured hounds lie at the entrance, and raise half asleep eyes to look at Zell as she heads past, before seemingly going back to sleep, in the shade far away from the blazing sunlight.

Conveniently, a woman is waiting for Zell, a collared redhead wearing very little.
"Oh, um. Are you Zell?" she smiles shyly. "The Lady asked me to wait here for you and show you the way. Would you mind following me?"

Ferril +
The imp returns snickering, but didn't find anything dangerous.

DrakeRaids
2012-08-09, 11:57 AM
"Yes! The one and only." Zell smiled, gesturing to her friend behind her as well, "And this is my companion, Tyrion. He can come with me right?" She hoped so, she didn't want to have to leave him out here. She liked the halfling.

Lix Lorn
2012-08-09, 12:07 PM
She nods. "I think that's okay..."

Fredaintdead
2012-08-09, 12:16 PM
"I woulda followed ye anyway lass. Wouldn't want me going stir crazy in a lobby after all."
Tyrion chuckles a little as he follows, whistling softly.

DrakeRaids
2012-08-09, 12:41 PM
Zell grinned at Tyrion, laughing a little before nodding tot he woman eagerly, curious as to what the queen had to say to her. She'd spoken to her before, and the Queen has simply been curious about Zell. Which was sort of odd and interesting, but the woman had been polite, so she hadn't thought anything of it at the time.

Lix Lorn
2012-08-09, 01:39 PM
The young woman leads the pair downwards, into a small, air room of grey stone. A small window at the top lets in a small peek of light. Over in a comfy chair sits the god-queen-a short woman, looking no more than mid twenties, with curly brown hair and blue eyes. She wears a white dress, edged in black, and smiles as they come in.
"Zell, lovely to see you again. And... Tyrion, is it? A Sparkblade, if I've heard right. Welcome!"

Fredaintdead
2012-08-09, 01:45 PM
"That's the name lass. Although I've heard some far less savoury alternatives... not for long after they've dared to utter them though."
Tyrion grins and twirls a morningstar, making it hum gently with the faint sound of thunder before winking and sheathing it again.

Dragnar
2012-08-09, 03:25 PM
Ferril gave the imp a quick nod, before heading up to give the place a good once-over himself. Someone had certainly been here, so the question was only who... Hopefully it wasn't just a vermin infestation or something.

Lix Lorn
2012-08-09, 06:30 PM
Ferril climbs, following the trails in the dust-two, certainly two of them-and finds himself on the roof!

Carefully following the trail, he finds-ah.

Well.
Perhaps he shan't share this with anyone.

...hold on, what's that on the roof across?

Dragnar
2012-08-09, 06:36 PM
Ferril facepalmed, noting to ask Riz for an actual report next time before heading back down the stairs and over to the other building. He didn't both sending the imp in first this time, just heading over as quickly as possible to make sure he didn't miss... whatever that was.

Lix Lorn
2012-08-20, 03:51 PM
You KNEW it. You DID see some rather acrid looking smoke.
And... hmm. That looks like warpstone dust... yep.

You can tell by how the stone is partly melted.

...hold on, is that... hmm. Maybe you've read too many crime novels from the prison library, but that patch of disturbed stones looks like it's had a gun rested on it. It matches perfectly with the spilled warpstone, if you remember your skaven technology right.

Not of course that it's a skaven. That would be far too obvious. Also racist. You certainly don't think that.

DrakeRaids
2012-08-20, 03:53 PM
The young woman leads the pair downwards, into a small, air room of grey stone. A small window at the top lets in a small peek of light. Over in a comfy chair sits the god-queen-a short woman, looking no more than mid twenties, with curly brown hair and blue eyes. She wears a white dress, edged in black, and smiles as they come in.
"Zell, lovely to see you again. And... Tyrion, is it? A Sparkblade, if I've heard right. Welcome!"

(Sorry, I didn't even see the post)

"Hello, its nice to see you to Miss Queen!" Zell curtsied gently, giving the Queen a beaming smile. Assuming there was a spot, she would quickly take a seat herself, the Queen, while you didn't disrespect her, never seemed to be overly formal to her. It made the magical girl feel a little more at ease. "I'm very curious what you called us up here for though, it can't be for just anything right? Or did you just want to talk some?"

Dragnar
2012-08-20, 04:59 PM
"Well, here's our sniper spot... I suppose the next step would be to stake it out, but that sounds like far too much work for too little reward. Come on, let's go report back." Ferril turned to leave, not disturbing the scene in the least as he went to report this discovery to the police chief.

Lix Lorn
2012-08-21, 04:43 PM
(Sorry, I didn't even see the post)

"Hello, its nice to see you to Miss Queen!" Zell curtsied gently, giving the Queen a beaming smile. Assuming there was a spot, she would quickly take a seat herself, the Queen, while you didn't disrespect her, never seemed to be overly formal to her. It made the magical girl feel a little more at ease. "I'm very curious what you called us up here for though, it can't be for just anything right? Or did you just want to talk some?"
She smiles back. "It is rather important, actually... I think I remember you said that you had a friend, yes? A very close friend?"

"Well, here's our sniper spot... I suppose the next step would be to stake it out, but that sounds like far too much work for too little reward. Come on, let's go report back." Ferril turned to leave, not disturbing the scene in the least as he went to report this discovery to the police chief.
"Hmm. That's some pretty good work." she nods. "We'll send someone to look at it. As for you..." she looks at the imp with some mixture of annoyance and amusement. "That's not news to anyone who's ever been near an abandoned building. We're just lucky it wasn't all over the spot too."