PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Bind Elemental?

GreenSerpent
2012-07-09, 07:04 PM
Hey all,

I have a query. The Bind Elemental feat from Eberron Campaign Setting states that you can use it to bind an elemental into a piece of equipment. Now, my current character is a Cleric/Elemental Savant (Water), and the capstone of that is gaining the Elemental type.

Would it be possible to Bind herself into a gigantic suit of armour to control it, and if so what would be required to undergo the procedure (say, for example, I wanted her to bind into a suit of armour, what would be required?)

Madara
2012-07-09, 08:02 PM
The feat refers to making specific Elemental-Bound equipment. Most importantly you'd be trapped inside the object unless someone broke it. Also, people could make checks to control you.

Because Binding Elementals involves Planar Binding, it suggests that you wouldn't be able to act in such a manner. I would have suggested the High Elemental Binder from PGtE(pg 104) which allows you to gain an Elemental companion as well as 9/10 casting and the ability to Instant Bind. Instant Binding would be more ideal for what you think of, but by the time you get an elemental type, you'd be too late to the game.

The answer: By RAW, sorta. You can, but you probably shouldn't want to. Also, there is a book that details the specific process, I'll see if I can find it. According to those rules, you likely can't bind yourself, but could be bound.

GreenSerpent
2012-07-10, 01:59 PM
Hmmm. I'm seeing some potential for fun here if I can get a Colossal suit of armour made...