PDA

View Full Version : Kobolds ate my baby (looking for some help)

Abscondcrow
2012-07-09, 09:15 PM
Hello everyone. So I recently discovered the phenomenon that is KAMB, but woe is me, as I cannot get a hold of the rulebook at the moment. On the other hand, I don't want to go out and illegally download it without confirmation that the guys who made it aren't producing it anymore (Even if they are, I still can't get it. Cash is tight guys :smallannoyed:) . And if they are producing it, well I guess I'll have to settle for either A: Not getting it, or B: Having people help me in my next question.

Is it totally necessary to actually -have- the rulebook? I mean I have a character sheet (provided by the site) and it seems to be very basic, something I could fill out by simply glancing at it. So IF there is no way for me to get the rulebook for KAMB, would it not be possible for the forumites here to help me out a little?
Remember please, I'm not asking for anything illegal, I don't want to get arrested here :smalltongue:

Diskhotep
2012-07-09, 10:00 PM
You ought to be able to get the basics out of some of the online reviews. If you are a member of somethingawful.com with archives access, there used to be a few pbp sessions in the gaming forums. I don't have access to my deluxxe book right now (which I'm pretty sure is still available at a reasonable price), but if those avenues don't work send me a PM and I'll see what I can dredge from my memory.

If the system doesn't matter to you, of course, you might try RISUS or PDQ. Both are available in free versions, and are simple enough to read once and then run with no difficulties (if you are looking to run KAMB!, you are obviously set to handle other simple systems like those).

If you like Kobolds, you should also check out the game Thunder Hamsters and the Temple of Cheese. I played it at a con last Friday, and it was incredible amounts of fun.

Abscondcrow
2012-07-09, 10:19 PM
I'll give those a try and posting my findings tomorrow. Thanks for the help Diskhotep!!