PDA

View Full Version : Game of Dragons [IC Thread]

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-09, 09:52 PM
The strange events of late have raised alarm in many quarters. Nobility and commoner alike are talking about the impending breakdown of peace. War seems to be looming over everything. Perhaps the foreboding doom has caused you to answer the recruitment fliers that have been passed out across the entire country of Alina. It is requesting the aid of any skilled mercenaries willing to drive off or kill the bandits troubling the forests of Kilmarr.

When you arrive in Astanik, one of the larger cities in Alina, it is downpouring. By luck, you stumble upon the Drunken Unicorn, a moderately successful inn in the merchant's quarter of the city. Stumbling in out of the rain, you ask after Bernand, the contact the flier mentions. You are directed to a table in the back of the room, unfortunately far from the fire. Several others are seated at the table, a very diverse group raised for the task. A human male, presumably Bernand, approaches with a pitcher of ale and a barmaid behind him with several mugs. As he pours ale for the group, he begins to speak.

"The contract is a simple one: Kill or scatter the bandits in the Kilmarr forest. The Merchant Council is offering a prize of one thousand gold crowns for the contract, and an additional one hundred crowns for every pair of ears. Matching ears, mind you, and we have good estimates of the number of bandits there are, so it'll do you no good to kill some poor villagers and lop off their ears. Are you interested?"

sournote103
2012-07-10, 08:11 AM
Remnus considered the man's offer for a moment. He quickly decided it was well worth it to help deal with the nearby bandits. "I will definitely take you up on your offer. Bandits are not good for anyone."

Meltheim
2012-07-10, 12:06 PM
Kavaki - Goliath Warden

The large man takes up a considerable amount of room at the table, though he tries to take no more than his share. A large hammer is propped against the wall near his chair while a shield is strapped to his back. His blue-grey skin reminds one of granite, and his basso rumbling evoke similar thoughts as he speaks.

"I think that we can easily handle this task, though I have a question. Do we share the spoils? Say, if I earn one dozen ears for myself, but another earns only half that - do we get paid individually or does it go to the group?"

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-10, 12:40 PM
"You get paid for the ears you turn in. How you divide it is up to you."

WaffleLord
2012-07-10, 03:02 PM
Manishtu

The Sharmind's crystalline structure pulses softly with energy as it sits impassively listening to the offer and the questions. Dark emerald green and deep amber quartz give its body a spotted, leopard-like quality. It is human shaped without much detail, musculature, or facial features, wearing only a basic tabard belted at what must be its waist. Its hands are crossed in front of it on the table, thumbs fidgeting, exchanging digits back and forth between hands as if in imperfect imitation of twiddling thumbs. The head turns slowly to point towards each speaker in turn. When it speaks, the voice is monotone with a slight resonance, not unlike the ringing of a muffled cast iron bell.

"I, Manishtu, accept your terms. More information is requested: numbers, races, strategies, locations. First hand accounts are preferred."

Surrealistik
2012-07-10, 03:40 PM
Silhouetted in a worn black robe, a taciturn figure looks on in silence from his(?) seat at the table. The man's eyes are hidden within the cavernous recesses of his hood, the uncertain trajectory of their gaze impossible to discern as the others speak and make their various inquiries. Though nothing can be seen beneath his bleak shroud of weathered cloth, he is unmistakably humanoid. The stranger is almost perfectly motionless, with even the assumed crest of his breath failing to register and distend through these loose garments. A simple shaft of steel, heavily scarred and pitted leans against the table by his seat, unmistakably a veteran of many battles. As Manishtu furnishes his questions, the strange figure remains cloistered in his anomalous quietude, perfectly inert like some looming sentinel.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-11, 04:11 PM
Bernand drains his cup and fills it again from the pitcher before answering. As much as he talks about the Merchant Council, he certainly is not a member of it, or if he is he is deeply under cover. His clothing is well maintained, but of wool and leather, not of the fine silk most merchants covet. His cloak, however, is richly colored in purples and blues, dyes that are rather expensive in this region. As he sets his cup on the table, a pair of swordhilts peak out from under that cloak. "These bandits leave none alive, so accounts of their tactics are very difficult to come by. They are numerous enough that they don't bother with ambushes, or the like, just demand the valuables and weapons of whoever they can stop, and kill them once their weapons are out of the picture. They shouldn't be hard to find, but finding their central camp will be a little more difficult. I recommend travelling down one of the roads until they find and stop you, then beating the location of their camp out of one of them. "

Meltheim
2012-07-11, 05:08 PM
Kavaki

"Hmph" the Goliath snorts. "We're not exactly inconspicious here. I mean, between me and him," he thumbs at the monk's direction, "we kind of stand out a bit."

Standing to his full height of nearly 8 ft, Kavaki extends his hand toward Bernand. "I'm in. Things haven't been the same between my people and the dwarves since these thefts have started, and as skyspeaker it falls to me to make things right."

Looking to the others, he asks, "Shall we?" as he reaches for his hammer, slinging it across his shoulder.

Surrealistik
2012-07-12, 04:26 PM
As Kavaki singles him out with a thrust of his thumb, Ironfist remains implacably quiescent, appearing to stare straight ahead beneath the darkness of his cowl.

When the goliath moves to leave, the monk shrugs a silent reply, seeming to rise in assent with the giant's words, a deathly pale hand darting from his blackened robes to seize his own weapon, tightly grasping the worn shaft of steel. He then nods at Bernand before heading for the exit, his pace relaxed and measured, feet moving with a quiet calm to mirror his evidently reserved disposition.

sournote103
2012-07-12, 04:28 PM
Remnus, eager to have the bandits gone, was quick to follow the others as they got up to leave.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-12, 05:22 PM
The five of you leave the inn, eagerly looking for adventure, and to stop the bandits. You head down the road that leads into the Kilmarr Forest. Once this path was a frequently used trade artery, guarded and maintained by wise druids, and kept safe for the prosperity of all the nations.

The brief time the bandits have controlled the area shows on the path. Leading from the town, the road was paved with stone, and signage showed the distances to various cities and towns. As you enter the edges of the forest, the stones start to show disrepair. Several are missing, and make the going harder. It would be difficult to keep a cart or wagon travelling on this path. The signs, where they haven't been destroyed completely, now are turned, or marked through. Graffiti litters those signs that are still standing. To the side of the road, saplings have taken root, starting to reclaim the area that has been cleared to make passage easier, and anything but the middle path is exhausting and hard going.

After a half hour of travelling in the forest, you spot something glittering in the distance. As you get nearer, you see a wagon engulfed in flames. Except for the crackling of the wood, you hear no other sounds. The wildlife of the area seems to have left when the fire started.

Tegu8788
2012-07-12, 08:23 PM
Hrodebert

Having had his fill to drink, Hrodebert stumbles out with the group, looking to avoid paying his tab. As they walk, he starts to fall behind, and stumbles over the uneven ground. In his inebriated state, he mumbles something less than respectful about the previous guardians of the road.

Tripping over his own feet, he drunkenly rolls, his furry cloak enveloping his body, and as he emerges from the dive, he does so as a large cat, with huge paws and long tail to help him from falling over, his bright red hair sullened into a browner shade. While not exactly graceful, he saunters behind the group as he catches up.

When the group stops to look at the burning cart, The cat plops down, titling his head, ears swiveling for the sound of any animals. Hearing none, he rolls his head back, returning to his half-elf form, and falling over as he does so, before finding his two feet again and standing next to the cloaked figure, somewhat oblivious to him as Hrodebert looks at the woods around him, while pointing behind him at the fire. "Those, those aren't supposed to be there. Who put three burning carts in the road! I demand a-hic-answer."

Perception for anything in the woods that's making noise or moving. [roll0]

Surrealistik
2012-07-12, 09:05 PM
Ironfist deftly slips into the foliage where he quickly finds a hiding spot amidst the bushes and undergrowth. There, hunched low to the ground, blended in with his surroundings, he looks cautiously over the path ahead, eyes primed and alert for any foes similarly lurking in the concealment afforded by the woods.

Stealth: [roll0] (+2 from Camouflaged Clothing)

Perception: [roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-12, 09:08 PM
Hrodebert notices a small human trying to hide in the overgrown brush at the side of the road, not far from the wagon. It appears to be a small boy, maybe 8 or 9, with black hair and sharp blue eyes. His clothes are torn and he has a bad cut across his scalp.

Meanwhile Ironfist deftly hides on the opposite side of the road from the small boy.

Tegu8788
2012-07-12, 09:46 PM
Hordebert

Seeing the boy, he turns to face him, arm swinging in the other direction."Hey yall. Boys. I said HEY! I CAN SEE YALL! Get out here! Is this your cart? 'cause it's on fire, and that's not right!" he bellows, and if anyone could smell his breath, they'd swear he'd just taken a drink. He starts to lean slightly to the left, trying to stand still seems to be a problem for him at the moment.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-12, 09:52 PM
The small boy starts making sobbing noises, and hunkers down into the undergrowth more, trying to hide away from the scary drunkard.

Meltheim
2012-07-12, 10:09 PM
Kavaki

With a powerful grip the Goliath steadies the young druid, setting him on his feet. Crouching down to be eye level with the boy, he says, in a soothing voice that is low enough it rumbles deep in his chest, "Boy, are you hurt? Come here, we mean you no harm." He glares at the fiery man with that last statement, then softens his expression and turns back to the boy.

"Really though, let's fix you up and get you to town. It's not far."

Kavaki glances around, checking to see that the boy isn't bait, and looking for signs of how many bandits or other travelers there were.

[roll0]
[roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-12, 10:20 PM
The boy seems terrified, but stands up where you can see him. The gash on his head is bad, but not life-threatening at the moment. He doesn't seem to have any other injuries, besides being dirty and tear-stained. He is still sobbing softly.

There also don't appear to be any bandits around.

Meltheim
2012-07-12, 10:27 PM
Kavaki

Kavaki reaches into his belt pouch, pulling out a few herbs and a small bandage. "Come here. Chew on these for a bit, that will help with any infection. These" he gestures with the bandages, "should help you until you can get back to town."

As he starts his work, he asks the boy, "So what exactly happened here?"

[roll0]
[roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-12, 10:34 PM
The boy chews on the bitter herbs, and stops crying for a few moments at least. "Mommy and Daddy and me were going to Newsport to trade our wool and tabac because the peddlers won't come through our village anymore. We stopped to rest the horses, and I was playing near the woods. The dog men saw me, and cam after us. They took mommy and daddy away, but thought I was dead. They shot an arrow that cut my head." He looks up at you and starts sobbing again. "Can you save my mommy and daddy? I miss them so much, and if I hadn't been playing in the woods like mommy told me not to, the dog men never would have come. Its all my fault they took mommy and daddy away. "

Surrealistik
2012-07-13, 03:19 PM
Ironfist remains crouched and alert from his perch in the bushes, darkened cowl making periodic sweeps of the area as he stands guard while his companions speak with the child and gather information. Swiftly darting a hand beneath his robes, his arm surfaces to produce a strange metal disc, clutched opposite the shaft of weathered steel to his right. The weapon's edges are razor sharp, glinting with the promise of quick severance. Its frame on one end features a leather clad handle his pale fingers have fastened tightly about, finding stable purchase on that faded strip of black.

WaffleLord
2012-07-13, 10:18 PM
Manishtu

Seeing the burning wagon, Manishtu reasons this must be a distraction/blockade/trap by the bandits. It scans the area for most likely locations of assault. Stepping to the center of the road, orb in one hand, dagger in the other, the stones making up the psion's head slowly rotate a full turn taking in the scene. The fate of the boy interests it little, but maintains aural attention in case of pertinent facts. At the mention of "dog men", Manishtu tries to extrapolate what might appear as dog men to a young human.

Perception - [roll0]
Nature - [roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-14, 09:37 AM
the nearest thing to dogmen you can think of are gnolls. They would certainly look like a mix between dogs and men to a child who has never seen a hyena.

Meltheim
2012-07-16, 12:06 PM
Kavaki

"Druid, can any of your woodland friends send a message to the town? I have seen our skywatchers communicate with squirrels, birds and the like. I am sure you can do something similar, even in your" he gestures at the disheveled man's unkempt state, "situation."

Turning back to the boy, the Warden once again tries to soothe him. "We must continue on to find these bandits. We have to make sure they do not hurt anyone else. Do you understand? Hrodebert here will send a message to the town so that they can help you."

With a more concerned look on his face, Kavaki asks, "Did you see how many there were, or what direction they went?"

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-16, 12:49 PM
"There were four or five of them, I think they went further up the road, but I was hiding so I don't know. Please don't leave me here....they might come back and eat me." The boy seems truly terrified at the thought of being alone.

Meltheim
2012-07-16, 01:12 PM
Kavaki

Surveying the land around him, and gauging his companions interest, Kavaki says, "I could probably carry him back to town and get back here within a half hour. Are you willing to wait, or would you like to continue and I will catch up?"

Tegu8788
2012-07-17, 10:10 AM
Hrodebert

"Dog men, like this?" he says, to no one in particular, as he shifts himself into a form similar to a large black hound. With large ears and sagging jowls, he appears particularly comical as he quickly falls onto his back. He rolls around on his back, seeming scratching an itch, before he rolls over, before digging up a weasel hole, and pulling the small creature out. Drop the dazed and confused mammal, he again reverts to his half-elf form, hairy cloak surrounding both of them.

He chitters and chatters to the small creature, before pointing at the nearby village, and wagging his finger until the creature runs away. Standing up wobbly, he turns to the group.

"You know, I think I'd like to not go back there right now. I might have upset a number of store owners there, and I don't really think I should be there so soon. So, yeah... Oh, I know!" With that exclamation, he turns himself into a sheep, that stares blankly town the road.

Animal Messenger [roll0]

Meltheim
2012-07-18, 10:38 AM
Kavaki

Shaking his head at the Druid's actions, he turns back to the boy. Extending his hand, he says, "C'mon, lets get this over with." He hoists the boy up on his shoulders. "Hold on tight!" he shouts up to the boy, who settles himself across the Goliath's wide shoulders.

Resting his hammer against the sheep-that-is-Hrodebert, he says, "Send a message to the town that we have an injured child, and that another caravan has been ransacked by Gnolls. I will be back as soon as I can."

Looking to where the monk is hidden, then to the the shardmind, Kavaki suggests, "Why don't you all make yourselves useful and search for tracks, assess how many Gnolls there were, etc. I want to start the hunt as soon as I return."

With that, Kavaki turns back down the road and starts running back to town, the boy bouncing on his shoulders the entire way.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-18, 02:17 PM
As Kavaki returns the boy to the villagee, the wagon continues to burn. After a few minutes, there is an explosion, and a large cloud of steam goes up from the wagon. The explosion puts out most of the flames, leaving the smoldering wreck. A closer examination of the wreck shows several piles of glass and a badly burned scroll case, the contents of which have been reduced to ash.

A search for footprints finds several. At least four distinct sets of markings that seem to be from the bandits, and two more made with the soft leather shoes many farmers around the area wear (and of course, yours and the small boys). The prints lead down the road before heading off into the forest, where the trail is lost.

WaffleLord
2012-07-19, 11:23 AM
Manishtu

Observing the transformation of the half-elf and the departure of the goliath, it stands down from strict vigilance and turns its attention to the exploded wagon. Following the tracks where they leave the road, Manishtu notes the direction they left then returns to the sight of the attack. It searches the immediate area, trying to reconstruct what happened: where were the gnolls hiding, what was their number, how long ago did the attack occur. Traveling in ever widening circles, the Shardmind takes care to stay within ten yards of the road and not step on the hidden monk when passing by. It pauses every five minutes, looking around to take inventory of its companions, as a craftsman might keep track of his tools.

Surrealistik
2012-07-19, 11:43 AM
From his obscured location within the bushes, the revenant deftly parallels Manishtu's movements, closely watching over his shardmind companion as it moves through the foliage and performs its investigation, careful to maintain his painstaking silence. Ironfist acts likewise when not vigilant for threats or monitoring the others, his eyes tracing the ground for details of relevance. Though drawn from his battle-ready crouch, the monk clearly remains prepared to attack, both weapons tightly clenched even as he takes thorough stock of the scene, his distrust of the woods that so wholly conceals him evident.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-19, 12:56 PM
Manishtu believes that the attack started with the gnolls blocking the road, or perhaps coming out of hiding from the forest immediately before the wagon and blocking the road. They swarmed around the wagon, then lead off the two prisoners, and lit the wagon on fire. They then headed out on the road, and disappeared into the forest a little further down the road. There appear to have been five of them, one scrawny, three of about the same size, and one that stayed back near the ambush point.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-20, 06:46 PM
Kavaki rejoins the party after successfully dropping the boy off with the officials in town.

Meltheim
2012-07-20, 07:02 PM
Kavaki

"So, what did you find, and where are we headed?" Kavaki asks, taking his hammer from where it rests against a large tree.

Shouldering the weapon, he looks over in Hrodebert's direction and mouths a silent "thank you" while giving the man a single nod, acknowledging his assistance

WaffleLord
2012-07-21, 04:16 AM
Manishtu

Approaching the main body of the group, Manishtu relates the information gathered by searching the area. Conjectures as to ambush group size and tactics are shared, along with final trail trajectory findings. "Pursuit without further delay is recommended. Tracking and gaining ground is more possible while adversaries are unawares."

Meltheim
2012-07-22, 05:13 PM
Kavaki

Nodding his head in agreement, the Goliath shoulders his hammer and walks in the direction indicated by the tracks. He hopes that the others follow - he is used to working with those who are brave, bold and passionate, such as the Druid. The others seem ..... Reserved. Or at least detached. I must remember to let their actions speak for themselves. he reminds himself as he scours the landscape for each track and trailsign

WaffleLord
2012-07-24, 03:31 PM
Manishtu

The psion determines that following three long strides behind the giant warden to be the ideal location, trading forward visibility for safety. "A quick move will put me under protection of the large one while affording me ample versatility with my abilities," it deduces silently.

Tegu8788
2012-07-24, 04:40 PM
Hordebert

Having eaten a fair quantity of grass as a sheep, Hrodebert reverts to his humanoid form, still chewing on some sod. Back slumped forward, legs straight out at 90 degree angles, wrists resting on the ground before him, his whole head bounces as he chews. Finally spitting out what he can't eat anymore, he looks around at his companions quizzically. "Hey, where'd the lil' boy go? I didn't eat 'im, did I?"

Meltheim
2012-07-24, 04:54 PM
Kavaki

"You did not, though you did some much needed maintenance of the shrubbery. Now then, shall we go?" Kavaki asks, clearly impatient to be on the road. "You, monk. Stop your skulking. We must make haste or we will lose the light. I know that I cost us some time, but I had hoped you would all be further along at this point."

Then, grinning to himself, he says, "If you are all this slow, I'm not letting you share the bounty from the ears I collect. And I plan on winning, for what it's worth." With that, the Goliath continues travelling in the dierection of the gnolls, preparing for an ambush but also looking forward to a good fight.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-24, 10:53 PM
The party continues down the road warily. After a few hundred feet, they see a branch in the path ahead of them. The path leads off straight, with another path heading to the right. Where there once was a signpost, now is just a hewed stump of a pole.

Kavaki, Remnus and Manishtu
You are almost certain you see something ahead in the trees to the left side of the road. You aren't sure what it is, but something isn't right. (around I4 on the map)

If you wouldn't mind selecting a starting spot on the map here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjKjYySklKeTdEZoQWE1TU5nblB4OE5LT3RIbUxhb lE#gid=6) You should be in or below row P.

Surrealistik
2012-07-25, 12:28 AM
Ironfist stalks silently alongside, his posture crouched and battle ready, eyes vigilant, panning methodically as he shadows his companions in the dense foliage. Both the monks weapons are drawn, one clenched tightly in each fist, their dull, worn steel entirely devoid of lustre, neither betraying the location of their cloaked master with a wayward glint.

Noting the others seizing in hesitancy, the warrior presses low to the ground, weapons carefully excluded from the fall of sunlight as his body drops beneath its verdant cover.

Stealth: [roll0]

WaffleLord
2012-07-25, 01:05 AM
Manishtu

Traveling behind the Goliath, Manishtu continues scanning the passing foliage and as much of the road ahead as is visible. Besides the broken stump of signpost, another anomaly is detected. Unable to discern was the incongruity is, it shares the information for analysis. Extending the area of awareness, the psion tried to touch each of its associates' minds. Having experienced humanoid reactions to telepathy previously, proper social conventions are employed.

"Companions. It is Manishtu. How are you today? I have detected something ahead of the path in the trees to the left. Please aid me in defining."

Telepathy Range is only 5 sq. If any character is outside that range, they hear nothing.

Meltheim
2012-07-25, 04:02 AM
Kavaki

Smiling to himself briefly, the Goliath focuses his thoughts. Manishtu, please relay to the others that we are walking into an ambush. Everyone should act normal, but be on guard. No need for a surprise.

sournote103
2012-07-25, 08:09 AM
Remnus moved towards the front of the group as he noticed the prospective ambush. While he was not necessarily the strongest of the group, he knew he could do more good on the front lines than in the back.

WaffleLord
2012-07-25, 12:23 PM
Manishtu

Once again, touching the minds of the associates within range, Manishtu relays the Goliaths information.
"Companions. The weather is nice today, yes? Please be advised, we are entering an ambush. We have been asked to act as if we do not know it is to occur, but do not be surprised."

Manishtu retrieves his orb from his belt pouch as as mush subtlety as possible.

Tegu8788
2012-07-25, 12:51 PM
Hrodebert

Spinning around at the extra voices in his head, he disappears inside his cloak, appearing as a wolf chasing it's tail, before stopping and scratching his head with his back foot, trying to figure out what's going on. He starts howling while everyone else hear's in their heads "So, the voices in my head want me to act like I don't know what's going on? That I can do. Can the magic voices leave me alone know, I've already got a headache!"

Hrodebert paws at the ground for a minute before rolling over, scratching his back against the dirt, but using the opportunity to look around. He often heard voices in his head, and they often had fairly good ideas.

Perception for ambush locations [roll0]

Surrealistik
2012-07-25, 01:50 PM
Heeding the voice resonating in his head that seemed somehow tinged with the aesthetic quality of sky blue, Ironfist focuses intently on the undergrowth ahead.

Perception: [roll0]

WaffleLord
2012-07-26, 04:42 PM
Manishtu

Adopting a posture modeled after human casualness, Manishtu slouches and lets the arms dangle loosely. It lengthens the stride of the legs while adding a slight bounce. The head faces upwards and lolls gently from side to side.
"Hum. Dee. Dum. Dee. La. La. Hum. Dee. Do." rings the tonal voice, each word enunciated clearly without even the vaguest sense of melody.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-28, 12:36 AM
Those looking can see four gnolls hiding in the undergrowth to the side of the road. They seem to be waiting for you to get closer, and are not aware that you've spotted them.

Initiative: party
gnolls

You may act in any order, provided there are no shenanigans.

Also, I'd appreciate it if Remnus was aded to combat tracker. I can do it myself on Monday, but don't have time to mess with it today, if someone else would like to do it.

Surrealistik
2012-07-28, 01:41 AM
Ironfist's mind calls out to his psionic companion, the intonation of his thoughts like a furtive, rasping whisper.

"Four gnolls straight ahead to the left; fifty feet out."

Meltheim
2012-07-30, 11:53 AM
Kavaki

Continuing along the path toward the gnolls, Kavaki maintains an expression of stoic calm, even though deep inside he is trying to determine exactly the best way to bring his hammer into contact with the faces of several of the 'dog-men' up ahead.

"Sure is bright today . . . " he says, casually unbuckling his shield and using it to block the glare of the sun.

Tegu8788
2012-07-30, 09:02 PM
Hrodebert

Rolling back onto his feet with a canine snap, he shakes the dirt of his back, before violently reshaping himself. He stands up, one hand visibly supporting himself on his knee as he stumbles, while he uses his other hand to pull a hard shaft of wood, covered in scratches with clumps of nature attached with sinew and vines, from a loop on his belt under his cloak.

"Hey, tall dark and gloomy, you seeing what I'm seeing, just ahead of you? We keep bumbling down the road, you go do shome kung-fo dancing on them. I've got a feeling their luck is about to change, like a chill wind."

Meltheim
2012-07-31, 12:50 PM
Kavaki

Smirking at the druid's antics, Kavaki casually steps of the road, moves forward, then suddenly angles his body and charges toward the bushes, swinging his hammer wildy at the first Gnoll he sees.

Sorry guys, I'm impatient and figured we might as well get things moving :smallbiggrin:

Move: Walk to J7

Standard: Charge D2 (ending at square H5)
Attack: [roll0] vs AC (+1 for charging)
Hit: [roll1] damage

Tegu8788
2012-07-31, 01:52 PM
Hrodebert

"So much for subtly. Well, let's see what kind of mayhem we can make." Hrodebert walks forward as he flicks his fingernail over his totem, a tiny splinter falls off, before he uses the primal energy bound in his frame to send the splinter flying into the nape of the large brute's neck. It stings a tiny bit, but it quickly melts, tiny splinters erupting from all over his body, until it is covered completely by a flexible layer of wood.

He raises both hands high over his head, stretching them in a Y shape. His telepathic jest proves true, as between his arms an article wind blows, rushing from behind him and jostling two of the closest foes.

Move: J9
Minor: Barkskin
Target: Kavaki
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, the target gains a power bonus to AC equal to your Constitution modifier.
Standard: Chill wind
Area burst 1 within 10 squares (F4)
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: [roll0] vs. Fortitude D1, to D4
Attack: [roll1] vs. Fortitude D2, to I4
Hit: [roll2] cold damage, and you slide the target 1 square.

Surrealistik
2012-07-31, 04:32 PM
Azure-white flames momentarily flicker about the monk's hands before erupting into a great conflagration, argent jets of ki-fire blazing from his palms and feet, launching him towards the gnolls as he hurtles into the sky like a comet. Grasses and foliage flatten and singe beneath the turbulent wake of his flight, leaving behind a blackened trail of matted brush.

Ironfist somersaults into a landing behind Kavaki, rolling towards the foremost gnoll. As he draws near, his staff lunges upward in a sudden flash of iron, catching the beast beneath its chin before a swift roundhouse plunges into the chest of the staggered creature. Now standing, the robed warrior resumes his hunched, defensive pose, staff held outward at a ready angle, foot thrust forward as his off-hand retracts, primed to strike.

Move Action (Swift Flight): Ironfist flies 7 squares to I5.

Minor Action (Fallen Needle, Movement): Ironfist moves 2 squares to H4.

Standard Action (Fallen Needle, Attack): Attack: [roll0] vs DP 2 Reflex
Damage: [roll1]
Hit Effect: The target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against IF EoNT-2. IF gains a +2 item bonus to all defenses against the target EoNT (Staff of Aversion).

Free Action (Flurry of Blows): The target takes 5 damage and can't shift EoNT. IF gains a +2 item bonus to all defenses against the target EoNT.

WaffleLord
2012-07-31, 07:39 PM
Manishtu

Seeing companions launch into battle, Manishtu moves forward to better view the encounter area. Raising the orb in the hand, it reaches forth its mind to touch the enemy, caressing the thoughts of two of its number, introducing sadness, sorrow, and a feeling of loss that would cool even the most heated of hearts. The mind of the wounded gnoll, distracted with battle, allows easy entry and softens. The other, however, felt steeled against attack, more trained and battle disciplined. It would be a more interesting puzzle. The Shardmind's deep green crystals illuminate slightly as it turns its attention to the greater challenge.

Move Action
Move to L10

Standard Action
Dishearten at F3, attacking D2 and WF
vs D2 Will - [roll0]
vs WF Will - [roll1]
Damage - [roll2] and -2 to attack rolls until the end of Manishtu's next turn.

tigerusthegreat
2012-08-01, 05:51 PM
Kavaki
Kavaki moves forward, charging one of the gnolls. His strike misses it, barely, catching a bit of metal disc sewn into his leather tunic. The gnoll snarls victoriously.

Hrodebert
The druid gives Kvaki the toughness of bough and branch through his magical incantation. A blast of chill wind buffets the gnolls, one of whom is forcibly pushed by in, bloody gashes opening up from newly formed and propelled ice.

Ironfist
The monk flies into battle, unleshing the power of his enchanted fists on the gnolls. DP 2 is battered hard by the power of the monk's powerful fists.

Manishtu
The Psion launches mental energy at the gnolls. The bigger one shrugs off the mental attack, showing signs of a very strong mind, but the smaller one looks shaken. In all, that gnoll looks much worse for the battle, it is a bleeding mess, and looks ready to flee.

(giving another day to Sour before I skip him)

sournote103
2012-08-01, 06:11 PM
Remnus pulled out his Halberd and advanced on the Gnolls, supporting his allies with a burst of Psionic power.

Move action to get within striking distance
Standard action for Energizing Strike

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1] and Kavaki gains 6 Temporary Hit Points

tigerusthegreat
2012-08-03, 04:15 PM
The gnolls press the attack against the party. DP2 attacks Kavaki, clawing at him, rending armor, but not hitting the bark-hardened flesh beneath. DP 1 also tries to claw Kavaki, but does no better than his ally. DP3 finds Remus, and bursts into a frenzy, clawing at him, his attacks being no more effective than the first two.

From the thick grasses to the right, a gnoll stands up, firing a cruel looking bow at Manishtu. The arrow buries itself in the Psion's flesh, hiting a vital spot (15 damage) [Skulker uses Hit and Run to shift 2 squares].

The last gnoll closes on Ironfist The Gnoll points at Kavaki, and utters something in a foul sounding language. Kavaki knows that some dark curse has been placed on him, and feels compelled to attack the gnoll. The WF brings his longsword down on Ironfist, but has the same luck as most of his pack, being unable to hurt the party.

OOC: Surreal, Can you fix the character combat tracker page? Not sure what went wrong with it but it's missing two sheets.

Surrealistik
2012-08-03, 10:33 PM
Darting out of his stance, Ironfist feints backwards then pivots, leaning forward into a sweeping blow, his staff lashing outward, slamming into gnoll skulls and splintering bone with a sickly, resonating crack. Whirling about in a fluid motion, he presses the assault, his cutting wheel swiping across the unprotected belly of the unscathed foe adjacent to him, scoring a deep gash before tumbling backward.

Standard: Five Storms
Attack:
14 vs WF (Miss)
16 vs DP1 (Hit)
17 vs DP2 (Hit)
Damage: [roll0]

Free Action (Flurry of Blows): WF takes 5 damage and can't shift EoNT. IF gains a +2 item bonus to all defenses against the target EoNT.

Move: Five Storms
Ironfist shifts 2 squares to I5.

WaffleLord
2012-08-05, 03:36 PM
Manishtu

Unappreciative of the arrow to the side, the psion moves to greater cover while increasing levels of psionic allotment to attack. This time choosing a more advantageous location to center the psionic onslaught, three gnolls feel the weight of depressive thoughts and despair. Softened by the previous attack, all three succumb to feelings of hopelessness, curbing the ferocity of their attack. Finding WF to be less of a challenge than expected, Manishtu gives him a condescending telekinetic shove.

Move to O12

Standard
Dishearten (Aug 2)
vs WF Will - [roll0] HIT
vs D1 Will - [roll1] HIT
vs D2 Will - [roll2] HIT
Damage - [roll3] psychic damage and -3 to attacks until end of Manishtu's next turn

Free Action
Forceful Push - slide WF to H4.

IMMEDIATE INTERRUPT
If I am hit by an attack by less than 3 above the defense, I will use Intellect Fortress to add +3 to that defense.

Meltheim
2012-08-07, 04:21 PM
Kavaki

Kavaki slams his hammer into the ground, making sure that each of the three Gnolls next to him know that he has marked them for death. Kavaki then swings his hammer over his head in an arcing smash, hitting two of the Gnolls solidly while destroying the third.

Invigorated by this combat prowess, Ironfist finds himself more resistant to harm.

Free: Nature's Wrath - Mark D1, D2, WF until EoNT (Ka-3)

Standard: Strongskin Clash vs D1, D2, WF (close burst 1)

Attack D1: [roll0] vs AC
Attack D2: [roll1] vs AC
Attack WF: [roll2] vs AC

Hit: [roll3] damage and Ironfist gains 6 resist all until EoNT (Ka-3)

tigerusthegreat
2012-08-07, 05:28 PM
As Kavaki brings down one of the gnolls, it rises, reinvigored.

Tegu8788
2012-08-08, 07:55 PM
Hrodebert

His eye's glow as the cold air rushes around him, he swings his totem downward, projecting a pure arctic chill at on of the gnolls. "What are you, big guy? Some pansy light weight? And here I was thinking were a tough guy! Gnolls aren't supposed to bounce when you hit them! What's up with that? he taunts as he attacks.

Perception on the cause of the raised gnoll [roll0]
Standard: Frost Flash WF
Attack: [roll1] vs. Fortitude
Hit: [roll2] cold damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Primal Guardian: The attack deals extra damage equal to your Constitution modifier (4).

sournote103
2012-08-14, 10:10 PM
Remnus moved closer to his allies, and then used a burst of psionic energy to simultaneously fetter the Gnolls and allow Kavaki to get an attack in.

Move action - Shift to H6
Standard action - Ire Strike on D1

Ire Strike effect - Kavaki gets a free MBA against D1, and if he hits, D1 gets Vulnerable 2 all until the end of my next turn.

So, I'll just go ahead and roll the MBA. If anyone has a problem with this, ignore these rolls.
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2012-08-16, 10:18 AM
Hrodebert calls down icy magic on WF, but its powers do not penetrate the gnoll's tough hide.

Remnus hits D1 with a powerful blow. The gnoll is bloodied further, and will likely not remain standing for long.

DP 1 strikes at Kavaki, but cannot penetrate his enhanced armor (13 vs AC). DP 2 flails at Kavaki as well, but the last vestiges of its strength aren't enough to harm him, and the gnoll drops to the ground (16 vs ac and 13 vs ac) DP 3 decides to continue to attack Remnus, hitting the ardent (20 vs ac, 18 damage), bloodying him.

WF decides to shift his demonic focus onto another target. The aura settles on Remnus, filling him with a foreboding fear that if he doesn't strike at WF, he will be harmed by demonic energies. He then strikes at Kavaki hitting him (26 vs AC, 21 damage). DP 1 reacts, striking at Kavaki again (critical, 25 vs ac, 28 damage), blooding him.

SK takes the opportunity to strike at Hrodebert, but the arrow deflects harmlessly (15 vs AC)

Meltheim
2012-08-16, 11:36 AM
Kavaki

Staggered by the viscious attacks against him, Kavaki raises his hammer high and slams it into the ground. The earth ripples outward towards his enemies and Kavaki's skin itself seems to turn to stone.

Minor: Stone's Endurance

Effect: Resist 5 until EOMNT

Standard: Roots of Stone (close burst 1) vs D1 and WF

Effect: The burst creates a zone of rippling earth that lasts until EoNT (Ka-4)

Attack D1: [roll0] vs AC
Attack WF: [roll1] vs AC

Hit: [roll2] damage and the target is knocked prone when it leaves the zone

Free: Nature's Wrath vs D1 and WF

Effect: D1 and WF are marked until EONT (Ka-4)

Tegu8788
2012-08-16, 10:01 PM
Hrodebert

Disappointed at how poorly his last attempt failed, Hrodebert falls back on something that already worked once. Still feeling some of the effects of his binge earlier, he makes a vortex of chilled air appear, before falling to the ground, appearing like a large cat with giant fangs, prowling sideways with a hungry look in his eyes.

Standard: Chill Wind
Area burst 1 on E6
Attack: [roll0] vs. Fortitude
Hit: [roll1] cold damage, and you slide the target to G6.
Minor: Wild Shape
Move: H9

Surrealistik
2012-08-16, 11:32 PM
As the gnoll falls before the party's sustained onslaught, a roiling shade emerges from its corpse, coiling ominously about the warfang. This black morass quickly takes shape, soon forming into a serpentine mass of harrowing teeth and claws.

Free Action: Ironfist uses Dark Reaping targeting the Gnoll Warfang.

WaffleLord
2012-08-19, 06:09 PM
Manishtu
Wishing order on the field and efficiency to be maintained, the psion moves into the mind of the Warfang, convincing him that the ally nearest him is actually someone he would desperately like to smash. He should move next to him now and do so. The eyes of the Warfang gloss over momentarily as he swoons. Turning sharply to his left, he sees an enemy that has crept upon his flank. Growling, he leaps at the offender with a violent attack. Manishtu's opinion of the WF drops lower.

Betrayal vs WF Will - [roll0]
Slide to G4.
MBA +3 vs D1

Surrealistik
2012-08-20, 12:11 PM
With all the pieces now in place, Ironfist seizes his opportunity, surging forth into a flank before erupting into a flurry of preternatural speed, his form a blur as the three gnolls are assaulted from all sides with an unseen torrent of blows. Each strike is meticulously placed calculated to cripple and hobble, the legs and knees being premiere casualties as they resonate with the thunderous cracking of bone. Though the third of the gnolls manages to avoid this storm of lunges, its efforts put it decisively off balance, allowing the robed pugilist to land an opportunistic jab.

Move Action: Ironfist moves 6 squares to F7.

Standard Action: Wind Through the Willows (attack)
Attack: [roll0] vs D3 Reflex (+2 with CA, still misses)
25 vs D1.
28 vs WF (see OOC)
Hit Effect: Target is slowed and can't charge EoNT IF-4.
Flurry of Blows: 5 damage to D3. D3 can't shift EoNT IF-4.
Dark Reaping Damage: [roll2] necrotic damage vs WF.
Effect: No shift.

sournote103
2012-08-23, 09:04 AM
Seeing how injured Kavaki was, Remnus used a burst of psionic power to help Kavaki ignore his wounds. Remnus then exchanged places with Kavaki, leaving each of them an opening to attack nearby foes. He then retreated slightly, given that he himself was injured somewhat.

Minor action - Ardent Surge on Kavaki
Standard action - Fate Exchange with Kavaki, attacking WF
Move action - Shift to 6I

Ardent Surge - Kavaki can spend a healing surge, and regains [roll0] extra HP. He also gets +1 to hit until the end of my next turn.
Fate Exchange - Kavaki and I switch places, and can each make a free basic attack with +1 to hit. For each of these attacks that hit, I or one ally I can see can spend a healing surge and make a saving throw. If both attacks miss, I get the power back.
My attack is against WF
Attack - [roll1] vs. AC
Damage - [roll2]

Meltheim
2012-08-23, 10:50 AM
Kavaki

Kavaki's wounds close before his eyes. Taking a cue from Remnus, Kavaki switches places with the man and tries to bring his hammer down on the remaining Deathpledged Gnoll.

MBA vs D3
Attack: [roll0] vs AC (includes +1 from Remnus)
Hit: [roll1] damage

tigerusthegreat
2012-08-23, 11:56 AM
D1 lashes out at Remnus twice in quick succession, draining the last of its vitality before it crumples to the ground, dead (20 and 19 vs ac). One of the blows hits, opening a large gash in Remnus's flesh (20 damage)

D3 faces off against Kavaki, his bone claws ripping at Kavaki's flesh (26 vs AC, 22 damage). The goliath is bloodied again, as the vitality that he regained just moments ago taken from him.

WF steps around the bodies of his comrades and tries to finish off Kavaki, but misses. (13 vs AC) D3, spotting an opening, claws at Kavaki, hitting him hard (crit, 30 vs AC, 28 damage), dropping Kavaki to the ground. WF's Demonic Challenge settles on Ironfist.

SK sneaks around the bushes some more, and fires his bow at Manishtu (21 vs AC, damage: 12)

WaffleLord
2012-08-27, 02:21 AM
Manishtu
Stepping into cover to avoid the stinging nuisances of the skulker, Manishtu throws its consciousness into the fray once more to strike fear and helplessness into opponents. While the leader seems to shrug off the attack, the soldier reels under its power."But your time will come, sneaky stinger."
Shift to N12
Dishearten (Aug 2)
vs WF Will - [roll0] miss
vs D3 Will - [roll1] HIT
Damage - [roll2] and -3 to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

Tegu8788
2012-08-27, 06:15 PM
Hrodebert

Prowling sideways, the beast looks intensely had his prey. The gnoll had knocked down the huge brute, and that simply wouldn't do. With a SNNAARRRRLL he rushes in, tusks and claws seeking a joint or soft spot.

Move: I9->H9->G9->F9->E10->D10
Standard: Charge WF (D9->D8->E7) with Grasping Claw
Attack: [roll0] vs. Reflex
Hit: [roll1] damage, and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.
Special: This power can be used as a melee basic attack.

Surrealistik
2012-09-07, 08:44 AM
As his companions fall, Ironfist redoubles his efforts, recognizing the peril of his comrades. A flurry of darting kicks lays into his foes faster than the eye can follow, his assault finalized with a momentous roundhouse into the Deathpledged. The onslaught proves too much for the Warfang, as it collapses under the wave of successive blows to lie still among the foliage. Wary about overextending himself, the monk shifts back into a defensive posture, staff crossed before his body, readied to thwart the coming retaliation.

Standard Action: Five Storms (attack)
Attack: [roll0] vs DP3 Reflex
[roll1] vs WF
Damage: [roll2]
Flurry of Blows: 5 damage to D3. D3 can't shift EoNT IF-5.

tigerusthegreat
2012-09-08, 09:56 PM
(Realized that Remnus is also down, sorry about the delay).

Remnus tries to stabilize, but continues to bleed out on the ground (first failed death save, rolled a 5)

The party seems to be making good headway against the gnolls, now that over half their number are on the ground, dead, including their apparent leader. One of the hard to kill gnolls still snarls, and the sneaky one is still lobbing arrows around, but the situation is not as hopeless as it once seemed.

The last DP Gnoll strikes at Ironfist, and hits, barely (26 vs AC, damage: 22), rending his flesh with long, nasty claws. The Gnoll seems to know he is doomed, but wants to harm the party as much as possible before he is killed.

The Skulker fires another arrow at Manishtu, barely hitting the Shardmind (21 vs AC, 19 damage). The arrow sticks out of his shoulder, blood running down his arm.

WaffleLord
2012-09-09, 10:22 AM
Manishtu
"Very well, Stinger. You have my attention."
Tapping into stored reserves of energy, the green colored crystals begin to pulse with syncopated rhythms. Lashing out with stunning force, the psion reaches out toward the bow wielding pest. The skulker reels as psionic energy short circuit synapses and muscles signals rendering him unable to move his legs. Temporarily bound from independent movement, the sneak is picked up by an invisible force and sent streaming across the road towards its ally to land at its feet with a disorienting thud. As the crystals calm their rhythms, Manishtu slides slowly behind a tree, silently chalking another success.

Standard
Living Missile vs Skulker's Fort - [roll0] HIT
Immobilized (save ends)
IF IT MAKES ITS SAVE: I will activate my Orb of Impenetrable Escape - Use this power when a creature makes a save against one of your powers. It rerolls its saving throw and must take the new result.

Minor
Living Missile Attack vs D3's Ref - [roll1] MISS
Damage - [roll2]
Skulker takes half damage and is prone.

Move
Move to O14

Surrealistik
2012-09-14, 03:28 PM
With the battle nearly won, Ironfist rises to the challenge, his wounds ignored as he presses to bring the engagement to a quick and decisive end. With the furtive gnoll forced alongside his fellow, a swift tumble presages sweeping kicks that wreck injury on both remaining foes.

Move Action: Five Storms (move)
Effect: Shift 2 squares.

Standard Action: Five Storms (attack)
Attack: 20 vs DP3 Reflex (see OOC)
22 vs Skulker
Damage: 9 damage. (see OOC)
Flurry of Blows: 5 damage to D3. D3 can't shift EoNT IF-6.

Tegu8788
2012-09-14, 04:44 PM
Hrodebert

Prowling and snarling, Hrodebert snaps his head, and rolls to the side, shifting as he stands, and leaning slightly to one side as he comes out of his roll, cloak hanging over half of his body. He raises his totem to the sun, and with the tip glowing bright, he bathes the gnoll in the searing light.

Minor: Wildshape (shift to D6)
Standard: Radiant Vengeance D3
Attack: [roll0] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll1] radiant damage, and you gain temporary hit points equal to your wisdom modifier 4.

tigerusthegreat
2012-09-15, 09:04 PM
Manishtu hurls the skulker around with psychic energy, injuring it in the process, but not harming the Deathpledged gnoll that is still standing. Ironfist unleashes a flury of fist and feet, injuring the two standing gnolls. Hrodebert tries to add to the injuries, but the deathpledged gnoll dodges away.

The Skulker stands up, firing its bow through its friend at Hrodebert (25 vs AC, 18 damage). Somehow the gnoll is able to resist the telekinetic energies holding it (17 and a 17 on the reroll, lucky gnoll).

The Deathpleged gnoll claws at Ironfist, but doesn't come close to harming the monk (10 vs AC). The weariness of battle is showing on this gnoll, and he is trying to inflict as much damage as possible.

Surrealistik
2012-09-15, 09:40 PM
As the Skulker takes aim, Ironfist levels a snap kick at the distracted foe, taking advantage of its momentary lapse in defense.

Opportunity Attack, MBA
Attack: [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2012-09-17, 10:13 PM
The Skulker takes a solid hit from Ironfist, but still got his shot off. He doesn't seem to care about the injury, as if he knows he's already going to die.

Surrealistik
2012-09-21, 10:16 AM
Ironfist tumbles to the south of Kavaki, before pressing the assault against his bloodied foes, a roundhouse strike just failing to impact the face of the Deathpludged before he settles into an evasive posture.

Standard Action: Fallen Needle (attack)

Tegu8788
2012-09-21, 08:57 PM
Hrodebert

Shifting his weight, he stumbles to the side, his totem crackling with energy as the static from his furry cloak snaps, crackles, and shoots at the final gnoll. "Eh, can they just die already? I'm really losing my buzzzzzzzz."

Move: J12
Standard: Storm Strike D3
Hit: [roll1] lightning damage. If the target doesn’t move at least 2 squares on its next turn, it takes lightning damage equal to your Wisdom modifier 4.

tigerusthegreat
2012-09-25, 10:05 AM
Ironfist and Hrodebert pile up on the deahthpledged gnoll, further injuring the creature. Manishtu throws psychic energy at the Skulker (23 vs AC, 15 damage), filling the air with blood.

Remnus makes his death save (11).

The Deathpledged Gnoll rakes his claws against Ironfist's chest, opening gashes there (27 vs AC, 16 damage), bloodying the monk. The gnoll retreats to avoid the druid's lightning strike.

The Skulker sneaks away, firing his bow at Manishtu (27 vs AC, 21 damage). The arrow sinks into Manishtu's flesh, and the psion falls to the ground.

The battle is now two vs two.

Meltheim
2012-09-25, 02:07 PM
Kavaki

Laying on the ground in a pool of his own blood, Kavaki's breath is labored and weak.

Death save round 3: [roll0]

I already have 1 strike.

Surrealistik
2012-09-25, 05:28 PM
Ironfist winces visibly at the strike from the gnoll's claws, blood now beginning to soak through his robes. As his two assailants flee however, he stands ready to attack with a flurry of quick strikes, staff downing the Skulker.

Opportunity Attack, MBA vs DP
Attack: [roll0]

Opportunity Attack, MBA vs Skulker
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
The Skulker's attacks are negated.

Surrealistik
2012-09-25, 05:36 PM
Though a man normally in charge of his passions, the revenant's rage is evident as he closes the distance to the Deathpledged, the force of his blows heavy with lethal promise as they fall upon the battered gnoll, thrown with the clear intent of taking its life. Ironfist's assault proves true to its intent, a focused palm strike rupturing clean through his opponent's skull.

Move Action: Move to C6.

Standard Action: Swift River Floods (attack)
Hit Effect: Target is slowed EoNT IF-7.
Flurry of Blows: 5 damage to D3. D3 can't shift EoNT IF-7.

tigerusthegreat
2012-09-25, 08:50 PM
The Deathpledged Gnoll suffers Ironfists's attacks, and his eyes glow yellow. Like its brothers, its dying breath will be filled with rage and violence.

Tegu8788
2012-09-30, 06:01 PM
Hrodebert

Frustrated with the fact the gnoll is still standing, Hrodebert takes a step forward, and hurls another bolt of lighting at the last enemy. "Ok, really, you just need to die. This party sucks." Despite hitting him square in the chest, the gnoll just won't fall down.

Move: I11
Standard: Storm Spike
Hit: [roll1] lightning damage. If the target doesn’t move at least 2 squares on its next turn, it takes lightning damage equal to your Wisdom modifier (4).

tigerusthegreat
2012-10-01, 09:14 AM
The Deathpledge Gnoll, bleeding badly, hurls itself at Ironfist. Its claws rake across the monk, who nimbly dodges the first attack, but feels the claws sink in for the second. (15 and 27 vs AC, 13 damage), almost causing the monk to be another casualty. The Gnoll falls to the dirt, dead from his exertion.

The part, badly battered, emerges victorious from its ordeal.

Meltheim
2012-10-08, 09:38 PM
Kavaki

"Worst. Hangover. Ever." you hear, as the goliath slowly gets to a sitting position. "What were those guys? I have never seen gnolls hold on to life so . . . vigorously before."

Tegu8788
2012-10-08, 10:01 PM
Hrodebert

"You think you have a bad hangover? Why, one time, I got so hammered by a dwarf bouncer and falling of a chandler, that I ..., uh, ... actually, forgot I said anything." The half-elf rubbed his temples, his own buzz finally lifting, and his own headache settling in. He returned his stick to his belt, before poking the nearest corpse with his foot until he was satisfied the gnoll was infact dead this time, and wasn't going to be flailing around any more.

tigerusthegreat
2012-10-11, 09:28 PM
The group has recovered from its ordeals. A cursory examination of the enemies finds that the skulker is still alive...barely. His arms dont seem to be working quite right anymore, but he is awake and coherent, snapping at anyone that gets close.

Meltheim
2012-10-22, 11:06 AM
Kavaki

Rolling his shoulders and working a crick out of his neck, the Goliath pulls a small utility knife from his belt and begins collecting ears from the deceased Gnolls. He saves the remaining Gnoll for last, making sure that it sees him taking trophies from its fallen comrades.

"So, what should we do with this one?" Kavaki asks, stuffing the last of the ears in a small pouch at his belt. "I'd go for the ears but he's still alive-ish, and the Skyfather wouldn't want me to be cruel." He hefts his hammer up on his shoulder, indicating that he'd be more than willing to put the creature out if its misery.