PDA

View Full Version : Wild Caller x First Worlder [PF]

ThiagoMartell
2012-07-10, 12:25 AM
I was planning about playing a First Worlder Synthesist, but the Wild Caller Summoner is all kinds of awesome. It basically doubles the effect of hald-elf's favored class bonus, but lacks First Worlder extra options for Summon Nature's Ally.

Is Wild Caller really that much better, specifically for a Synthesist?

grarrrg
2012-07-10, 01:06 AM
I was planning about playing a First Worlder Synthesist, but the Wild Caller Summoner is all kinds of awesome. It basically doubles the effect of hald-elf's favored class bonus, but lacks First Worlder extra options for Summon Nature's Ally.

Is Wild Caller really that much better, specifically for a Synthesist?

First off, there is a slight RAW conflict, you cannot "technically" pair Synthesist with either of your proposed options, blah, blah blah...
Now that that's out of the way,

It's not really that Wild Caller is that much better, just that First Worlder is that much worse.

The First Worlder Eidolon takes a massive hit, in exchange for a slightly better special summoning ability.

The Wild Caller gets extra evolution points in exchange for being unable to take certain evolutions, and most of the 'banned' evolutions aren't that great/necessary anyway.
The main ones you lose are (limited) Skilled, Energy Immunity, Weapon Training (which is moot for a Synthesist), and Damage reduction.

Also, more importantly, keep in mind that you can NOT have your Eidolon out while using your Summon Monster/Nature ability.

Rejakor
2012-07-10, 02:33 AM
First Worlder is incredibly lame.

Talk to your DM about combining them! The Wild Caller eidolon with the First Worlder summons really isn't that overpowered (first worlder summons aren't stronger, they are just differenter), and it's a lot more flavourful, especially for a shaman/foresty person.

Also have a chat to your DM about using your in-class summon monster ability while fused - you really want to be fused all day, and it doesn't make sense that you can't use both of your thematic abilities, but have to pick one. Have it cost 2 uses to use it while fused, and call it a day.

ThiagoMartell
2012-07-10, 10:23 AM
Hm, yeah, maybe I can convince the DM to allow me to use both. He's already making a concession for Synthesist, so it might work. Thanks for the advice.