PDA

View Full Version : Character Help of the Spell Casting Type

Phan7om
2012-07-10, 01:46 AM
Alright,

So in the campaign I am in I am playing a rogue/swashbuckler build which I was given the advice from here before. I am having fun with it. However, we lost a couple players so we the remaining of us are going to play 1 or possibly 2 considering the difficulty of the campaign that our DM made. That being said I would like to play with a caster of sorts that solely focuses on damaging. We have a tank, a healer, my char and a half-tank/half-dps.

Now I would like to try out a caster, but this is kind of my first time with a caster since AD&D, so I am very out of the loop with all the new stuff. I do not, however, need a super user friendly character. Something that adds a little challenge but is fun. And hopefully enough to kind p off the DM. :) Mainly because its fun.

As I said I would like a high dmging spellcaster of sorts. Should be starting at lvl 5 or 6, and need to know what to build up to as far as prc and such. I believe we are still going to 20.

With build please order the top 3 stats as of importance if possible.

Races are relatively open though I was thinking of a drow mainly because our DM has an old hatred for them. (Yes they are allowed) As I said I want to P him off. But it doesnt need to be drow. Just no kobolds.

Oh and it cannot be an evil character. Chaotic Neutral at worst and that may or may not be pushing it lol.

As always I thank you ahead of time for any help on builds/important skills/etc.

TuggyNE
2012-07-10, 01:56 AM
Have you examined the mailman (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868534/The_Mailman:_A_Direct_Damage_Sorcerer) yet? It's a mid-high op direct damage caster outline; its tricks are reasonably straight-forward and easy to adapt, however, and the central concept is a good one to stick to for your idea (i.e., extremely reliable and sufficient damage).

Phan7om
2012-07-10, 02:03 AM
Would you build it differently considering I am not doing a kobold? Or was he just saying it was a kobold because thats what his was?

Pilo
2012-07-10, 02:51 AM
Well, check with your DM what he/she thinks of invisible spell, but i think you should not take it.

Replace "Force of personnality" by "Rapid metamagic" feat in complete mage (12 rank in spellcraft required) that allow you to use metamagic feats as a sorcerer without casting time increase.

Stats are Cha>Con>Dex>Int>Wis>Str. But a 12 in Int is required.