PDA

View Full Version : Character Conversion Help [3.5->PF]

Duke of URL
2012-07-10, 06:29 AM
Okay Playground, I'm looking for some build advice. I'm currently in a 3.5 gestalt PbP game which is going to merge with another game the same DM is running. The problem, from my perspective, is that it's standard (non-gestalt) Pathfinder. What I'm trying to do is to recreate as best as I can the same character in the new system.

I'm currently a Catfolk Artificer 7 // Warlock 6 / Mindbender 1 -- the good news is that the Pathfinder game is level 11, so I have more levels to work with. I'm pretty sure multiclassing in Pathfinder suffers many of the same problems as standard 3.5, so I'm left to decide which of my two gestalt sides are more important. On that score, I'd say it's the Warlock side. Now there is a 3rd-party PF Warlock class... it's a bit unfinished, but I can make it work, I think.

But I could use some advice, as I lack the Pathfinder "system mastery" I have in 3.5. I don't have the ability generation criteria yet, but assume I'm going high-CHA with decent DEX and INT regardless. Here are my general parameters:

Not quite sure what's going to happen when the game worlds collide, but the character is currently first mate on a pira... er... "independent merchant" ship.
Crafting is a big deal for the character. Despite not being an Artificer by class anymore, I would strongly prefer that he keep the ability to craft mundane and magical items.
High-CHA with good Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate.
Keep the power in check. As written, the Warlock's "school ability" feature allows some rather broken effects... let's just avoid those, shall we?
The character should be able to swim and preferably breathe in water for an indefinite amount of time.
If I can keep the telepathy (even if it means using some WBL to do so), that would be ideal.

So... any build outlines, feat suggestions, equipment, etc.? For school abilities, I know I want Air Supremacy (Air), Arcane Bolt (Evoc), and Water Supremacy (Water) at the very least, but I'm open to other suggestions for levels 4, 6, 8, and 10. (Unless there's a PrC I should take?)