PDA

View Full Version : character build question

morkendi
2012-07-10, 11:42 AM
Friends and i are rotating campains, so need to make one more character. Thinking a dragonwraght kobold. Starting at 5th level with 32 point build. Thinking rouge 3/ fighter 1/ sorcerer 1. Feets i want dragonwraught, weapon finess, draconic ritual, opens up after that. I want to head towards assassin instead of sorcerer.

Waker
2012-07-10, 11:52 AM
Well, though I can infer some of the goals you have for your character, what exactly are the goals and fighting styles that you want your character to have?
Also, what is the Sorcerer dip for? Is there a certain spell that you wanted to use?

morkendi
2012-07-10, 12:04 PM
The draconic rite gives plus one sorcerer lvl. So 2 for 1 thing. Plus gives me a 1st lvl spell as an special ablility 1 time a day. Thinking identify as this will remove the 100gp pearl from it. Also heading toward dabilitating strike i think it is called, all i am going for is a backstab build. I want to cause people to loose dex bonus. Carry marbles, use greese spell, use feint and bluff.

Snowbluff
2012-07-10, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't bother with Dragonwrought stuff if you're taking Assassin over Sorc. An alternative would be to grab a Rogue/Caster PrC instead. You'll probably get a little more mileage that way.

eggs
2012-07-10, 12:13 PM
The draconic rite gives plus one sorcerer lvl. So 2 for 1 thing. Plus gives me a 1st lvl spell as an special ablility 1 time a day. Thinking identify as this will remove the 100gp pearl from it. Also heading toward dabilitating strike i think it is called, all i am going for is a backstab build. I want to cause people to loose dex bonus. Carry marbles, use greese spell, use feint and bluff.
You could blow maybe 4k gp for the same benefits (Artificer's Monocle and a couple wands). I'd dip Totemist instead of bothering with Fighter/Sorcerer. Natural attacks are a sneak attacker's best friends.

Waker
2012-07-10, 12:33 PM
Yeah, Dragonwrought Kobold is really only useful if you plan on using it to grab dragon templates and other shenanigans.
Totemist is an excellent class to use in combination with Rogue, as you can get an inordinate amount of attacks in a round with it.
If you go the Sorcerer route, consider taking a PrC that mixes the two together, such as Unseen Seer, Spellwarp Sniper or Arcane Trickster.

morkendi
2012-07-10, 12:42 PM
May do arcain trickster instead, more into wanting to role play him as the snivelling coward that begs you not to hurt him, then ganks you when you least expect it.

gorfnab
2012-07-10, 02:17 PM
Spellthief or Rogue 1/ Wizard (Spontaneous Divination ACF, CC) 5/ Unseen Seer 10/ Arcane Trickster 4. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1240.0)

morkendi
2012-07-10, 03:43 PM
More interested in the 1st five levels right now. Where people suggest points in 32 point build. What feats and such. Roll playing will determine the rest as I go higher. He will be totally new to civilisation. Basic backstory, kobould lair got overrun. He survived by stealing from the orcs. Helped a group of adventurers that came, and they brought him along after.

Invader
2012-07-10, 04:22 PM
You need 6HD and the Draconic Reservoir feat to take greater draconic rite of passage so you couldn't get it till 6th level.

Prerequisites: Only kobolds of 6 Hit Dice or more, sorcerer level 1st, who have successfully completed the Draconic Rite of Passage, and taken Draconic Reservoir (1) can undergo the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage. A kobold requires no one else to perform the rite; it is a solitary activity.

But again, its really not worth it just for the sake of getting a free sorc level. The lesser DRoP is worth it for a free 1/day SLA though.