PDA

View Full Version : Dovahkiin - Kobold Dragon Disciple (3.5/PF)

Man on Fire
2012-07-10, 01:33 PM
Okay, this is an idea I got when talking with a friend yesterday and I really want to have a chance to use one day - Kobold Dragon Disciple Or, how did w called him, Dovahkiin). I know that kobolds and class that is better in meele doesn't work well together, so I'm asking for playgroud help - how to make this concept playable? As I don't know if I'll have a chance to play this guy in 3.5 or Pathfinder, I'm asking for optimizations for both.

Rules:
- Must be a kobold
- Progression must have 10 levels of Dragon Disciple. All other levels are up to you as long as character qualifies for this PrC.
- Doesn't have to be ungodly powerful, but should be playable - I don't care about owning the game, I don't want him to be Pun-Pun 2.0, I want character who isn't a burden for the party.
- Homebrew, Dragon Magazines, 3rd party, templates, racial HDs, LA+ - you may point out useful ones, but I would preffer you to go without them, I might not find DM who'll allow them.
- no 3.0 stuff
- Point out what books you use, so I can run them with DM and see if any isn't banned.
- Make it clear if the build is for 3.5 or Pathfinder (also, opinions which game is better suited for it are appriciated).

Milo v3
2012-07-13, 08:55 AM
If you can get a DM who allows homebrew I suggest going full progression in Disciple of the Noble Blood (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231146).

To do that you would need to take the Dragonwrought Feat though.

Airanath
2012-07-13, 10:35 AM
Remember you cant be dragobwrought if you plan on DD, it makes your type dragon before the schroodinger's dragon disciple effect kicks in.

The Redwolf
2012-07-13, 12:20 PM
Actually, I was thinking about doing something like this not too long ago, and a far better choice both play wise and to be a Dovahkiin would be the Dragonfire Adept from the 3.5 book Dragon Magic. It gives you these incantations that are basically spells which you have unlimited uses of as long as you can cast them and you get breath attacks that you don't have to recharge on, because they're your main method of fighting. You can get fire breath, frost breath, even force breath, so if you're really trying to roleplay the Dovahkiin it works well.

You could also convert it to Pathfinder as they have an official conversion guide, but you would probably want your DM to help you with it. It's a very good class and it'll work well for the roleplay, the tactic I had planned was to use the incantation that gives you 24 hours of invisibility plus the one that gives you perfect flight dragon wings, fly around invisibly and sneak behind enemies then use force breath from above to knock them prone. If you need a copy of the PDF I can try and find it for you, but I recommend at least considering it.

Side note: Yay, my first post here! Why didn't I register for these forums sooner? And now this is my first edit because I'm sad my avatar isn't working.

MindlessOne
2012-08-16, 10:11 AM
So you want to make a kobold dragon disciple thats playable?

Thats fun! Start of with 1 lvl beguiler(phb2) for a small arsenal of arcane spells that you can cast spontaneously. Then go 1 lvl barbarian with the lion totum(phb2) for the pounce ability. Take 2 lvls fighter for the feats and a lvl in a full bab progres class. Now u qualify for the DD. U take 10 lvls in that obviously and to be honest, I never came much further then that before taking the Dracomonicon and taken LA to become a true dragon. This is defenitaly only possible in homebrew! xD

But that will do the trick! Go for shocktrooper(CW) and leap attack(CA) and you will charge with 3 attacks till you got your 16BAB. Then you can pick up a 2 handed weapon and deal massive damage! allways fun ^^