PDA

View Full Version : Evil Time Travel Adventure

CrazedPachyderm
2012-07-10, 01:39 PM
Last week, I ran a game (D&D 3.5) intended to be a one-shot for evil PCs. They sought out an artifact of great power: a time-traveling boat. They broke into a museum for a related amulet and made enemies with a paladin/captain along the way. Now, I ran the game on very short notice, so the setting is not very fleshed out besides fluff related to the ship, but apparently the players enjoyed themselves enough to want to turn this into a mini-campaign. The problem is, I am at a loss as to where to go from here.

The party wasn't very motivated to find the ship, even though the only things I asked for during character creation were some evil motivations and a reason to want to time travel. I didn't get much of either one.

We have a warlock who is content blasting anything and everything, a beguiler who wants to manipulate everyone, a duskblade who also wanted to manipulate everyone (there was a bit of toe-stepping when the beguiler's player changed her concept the night before), and a favored soul who is aggressively spreading the word about Xenu. Meeting Xenu was her reason for time travel. Another one's was, "So I can kill my parents. Again."

How do I work with this? I ran a campaign with the same group about a year ago, so it's theoretically possible to shoe-horn in that setting as the distant past or future (it's currently a desert continent controlled by a blue dracolich), but I'm not terribly attached to that setting anyway. I could set up just about any adventure by using the ship's "shuffle" feature, but that seems like a waste of a time machine. They also haven't really showcased their evilness yet, aside from killing a paladin and his sister, so I want to give them the opportunity to really be evil.

tl,dr: What to do with an evil party with a time machine in a vague setting and vaguer motivations?