PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Interlocked pt.2 (IC)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-10, 03:31 PM
THE ONES WE LOVE

Danica, Tyr, and Alastor
*Incoming Text Message*
Shinra Employee Update

The following changes have been made to the Shinra staff:

Aurelius Lovett - Urban Development department O.O.C

Mallik Graveson - Weapons Development department Deceased

Penelope Lovett - Urban Development department O.O.C

Alastor
*Incoming Text Message*

Alastor,

Did you receive the recent employee status update? Something doesn't seem right to me. meet me at your parents house as soon as you can.

Tseng

What do our heroes do?

RdMarquis
2012-07-11, 04:44 PM
On my way.

Alastor

The Turk was on the sixth floor when he got the text, but he headed down the stairs rather than wait for the elevator. He had never been close with his parents, but Alastor certainly didn't wish misfortune on them. The update had worried him. As far as he knew, there was no reason for this. Lovett's parents were perfectly loyal to the company, if rather ambitious.

Alastor slowed to a quick walk as he reached the first floor, knowing it was better not to have anyone think he was up to something. Making his way to the garage, he got on his bike and was gone.

Princess Tracy
2012-07-12, 02:14 PM
Earlier... (as in, two days ago)

Blue sits with the loot she had gathered from last night's excitement, in particular fiddling with the machine gun and wondering how best to graft it onto herself. Shinra blew up a whole damn section of the city, a blonde bimbo was messing around with the tank god knows where in the building, Blue had returned with nothing in the way of Cetra but a vague rumour, and her net gain was the life of Stacey, whose squalor had just intensified with the loss of her home. No good, no good. I need to be a bit better than this, a lot better stronger. Faster, smarter. It had been a few hours since she landed on the helipad and she hadn't slept - well of course not, but she hadn't been deactivated. The doctor seemed preoccupied, and she was alone in the lab. She wanders around the mechanical deck, wondering how big a whole in the building it would make if she took a match to what she assumed was rocket fuel, though quickly abandons such thoughts as she contents to graft computer supplies into her motherboard.

Let's see, if I just tinker this to here... she proclaims, looking down into her own open chest cavity, partially with the aid of a mirror as she takes a soddering iron to god knows what. AHA! I hope the owner of that phone doesn't miss it. With this, I SHOULD be able to receive texts. And calls. Though no one would call me. Then again, why would I have any reason to give my number to anyone? I guess there's Max? Fulfilling her great hobbies of touching up her specs and talking to herself, she seems to have calmed down immensely, and further ponders how to obtain constant wireless connection to the city grid.

She considers turning in for the night - turning herself off and just awaiting the next time someone needs her. Though she could hardly 'fall asleep' with worrying about where that tank with the body was... Mentally gulping, she heads for Hojo's personal computer, hoping it has the clearance to the information she needs. And that she'll be able to crack it.

Use Computer to gain access to Hojo's computer - Master Slicer allows 2 rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
+make point to the highest result [roll2]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-12, 02:39 PM
Alastor
As you approach the house you had grew up in, you notice that the front door has been blown off its hinges and several windows smashed.

Blue
... ... ... ACCESS CONFIRMED ... ...

BIO-MECH program NID-Series android

Day 4

Once again my genius has been nearly squandered thanks to that incompitant fool of an assistant. What was he thinking? Did he really expect to gain perfect results by infusing JENOVA's cells inside a machine?

As i said in my first entry that machines are incapable of being enhanced by JENOVA as you need a living organism for the cells to react with.

That is why we have her.

Yes, now that she is in our care we can move forward from this minor hiccup.

Princess Tracy
2012-07-12, 02:47 PM
Blue steps back from the console, not sure what to make of it. Whatever the case, Hojo almost definitely knows her nature after all. She tries to shunt away the retch-inducing thought that he KNEW she was sentient when he took her apart and tinkered with every part of her body - while she was awake, mind you. He's a sicko, to be sure, but there was no reason not to read on. That assistant might be the man she was looking for - trudging through the good doctor's perspective. In for a penny, in for a pound. If she was going to get in trouble, it would happen regardless of any further action on her part. Taking a note in her memory of this JENOVA and everything else on the page, she looks around the console for anything else of interest, watching over her shoulder as she does so. That lanky 'man' has a way of sneaking up on her.

I just need to look around for further mention of 'JENOVA', 'assistant' and... I wonder if the 'her' mentioned is...?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-12, 02:53 PM
Blue
... ... ... ACCESS TO THIS FILE IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. PLEASE ENTER MASTER KEY TO CONTINUE... ...

Princess Tracy
2012-07-12, 03:03 PM
Master Key? What Master Key? Can I steal it? Blue seriously considers dropping the computer out of the tallest window she can find and seeing what that does to its attitude, before remembering it isn't a sentient being. Is the master key a physical object? Whatever it is, I don't think it's the sort of thing that Hojo would leave in plain sight around here - especially if he knows I might go looking for it. Wait, if he put that much thought into it, did he plan for me to find the files? No, now I'm being paranoid. He's eccentric and intelligent, but even he wouldn't... Never one to give up, Blue seizes upon this, what may be her only chance, and (making a note of the page requiring a Master Key) searches to see if Hojo keeps prisoner records or anything that would lead her back to 'Old Man Muramasa' or his treasured daughter...

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-12, 03:22 PM
Blue
... ... ... ACCESS TO THIS FILE IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. PLEASE ENTER THE MASTER KEY TO CONTINUE ... ...

Princess Tracy
2012-07-12, 03:46 PM
What, did he only leave the one file open? She kicks the console before, once again, remembering it isn't sentient. Fine, one last look... Blue goes to search for anything she can find on Scarlett, but finally thinks better of it as she swears she hears a noise. Tinkering with the computer quickly to return it to as it was, as best she can, she scampers away to take cover, regardless of whether of not anyone enters the room. The night's excitement seems to finally hit her as she feels heavy, though that could just be her circuits eacting to nearby industrial equipment as she drifts off between some odd pipes...

She spends the next morning wondering how the evening went for her fellows of the night, wondering if she could visit them somehow. Could she think of some cover to seek out a SOLDIER, for instance, of all people. They certainly weren't going to come visit some random battle droid they happened across, that's for sure... Feeling rather alone, she finds somewhere with a little sun to realign her work bench. Cheerful for Hojo's absence, she works away at augmenting herself, wishing she'd ever asked Max for his number so she'd at least have someone to talk to. Oh yeah, Stacey might still be with him. As she dismantles her gun arm, she finds herself remarking 'just a while longer, now...'

RdMarquis
2012-07-12, 04:02 PM
Alastor's heart sinks at the sight of the destroyed house. The Turk knows, however, being reckless about learning what happened wouldn't help anyone. Removing his shotgun from the motorcycle, he ducks behind one of the nearby buildings and begins his approach, searching for an alternate entrance.

Stealth: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-12, 05:31 PM
Alastor
You manage to creep up to the side entrance of the house without any problems. As you near the door, you hear your phone go off.

I'm inside

Tseng

RdMarquis
2012-07-13, 02:18 PM
Meet you in a minute.

Alastor

The Turk keeps his weapon at the ready as he turns the doorknob and enters. His eyes rove about, looking for his superior. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-13, 02:25 PM
You enter the house and directly inside what seems to be the kitchen. You look around but don't see anything out of the ordinary, except for three half empty coffee mugs on the table in the middle.

RdMarquis
2012-07-15, 01:23 AM
Looks like they were meeting with someone... He glances around the room, checking for signs of a struggle. Alastor then realizes it might not be a good thing that absolutely no one knew where he was. The Turk sends out a quick series of texts to his companions from the last mission, adding the address.

At my parents' house. They may have been abducted. If you can, or I do not return in a few hours, help.

Alastor

He then continued slowly moving through the house, looking for Tseng.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-15, 05:45 AM
As Alastor enters the main living room, he sees Tseng crouching in the middle, rubbing a finger on the floor at what seems to be blood.

RdMarquis
2012-07-16, 02:19 AM
"Sir?" Alastor lowers his gun, approaching the other Turk. "What...happened here?" He asked, fearing the worst.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-16, 07:17 AM
"I - i don't know" said the Turk, not looking up at Alastor. "I've sent a sample of the blood back to HQ but we have to wait a while for any results. Hmmm".

Tseng stood up and began surveying the room. "You've no doubt noticed the three cups on the table? Obviously someone else was with them, but who or why, we don't know yet".

Spyder_Cel
2012-07-16, 12:13 PM
Once they land Tyr heads straight for the Maximum Security Prison. Once there he approaches the front desk, "I need to see the pyro bomber's visitation chart, evaluations, execution orders, and get me a meet with him ASAP."

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-16, 01:00 PM
Tyr
"Just one moment, sir", said the receptionist. She typed away on her computer at a fast pace. After a few moments, she looked back up at Tyr over her glasses and leaning forward to showcase an excess of cleavage.

"The pyro bomber is in cell block 5c, and he's due execution a week tomorrow, sir". She looked back down at her computer and began reading the information on her screen, "No one has been to see him since he was brought in, except several members of staff and another SOLDIER member awhile back. You can see him at 7 o'clock this evening, if you like to sir?"

Spyder_Cel
2012-07-16, 10:32 PM
Tyr looks at the woman a little disappointed, but he sighs and continues, "That is fine. Can I get a printout of the visitation list, and could you highlight the SOLDIER member's name for me. It is important."

With that he texts Blue:
Hey, I could use your help. Where can we meet?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-17, 04:11 AM
Tyr
(OOC: That's meant to say 7 o'clock this evening not 7 o'clock tomorrow this evening lol. Mistake fixed. Also, how did Tyr get Blue's number so quickly when she only just upgraded her systems?)

The receptionist printed off the visitation log and hands it to Tyr. "Here you are, sir, and have a good day".

*VISITATION LOG*

Heideggar ----- Director of Public Safety
Joe Young ----- Shinra MP
Elaine Redford ----- Shinra MP
Tseng ----- TURK

Goffman Grey ----- Visitor
Heideggar ----- Director of Public Safety

Eddie Strider ----- SOLDIER 3rd Class

Spyder_Cel
2012-07-17, 12:26 PM
Seeing his fallen comrade's name at the bottom of the list, his face flushed with confusion and then became red with anger. If this is a joke, I'm not amused... Someone is going to pay for using his name. He forces a smile toward the receptionist, "Thank you, I will be back tomorrow."

He heads for the nearest pub, sits at the far end of the bar, and starts drinking.
With all these plot twists you're going to turn Tyr into an alcoholic!

Princess Tracy
2012-07-17, 01:03 PM
Blue suddenly powers up again, quite surprised to learn she had apparently been dreaming between the lab equipment - particularly odd since she was never quite sure if machine's could dream. Making a note to catalogue that for later research, she stumbles to her feet, better honing the thought that had driven her awake, a regretful tinge of worried guilt - as if she'd forgotten something important. "Look's like I'm not getting any shut-eye tonight," she remarks as her pondering draws to a close. The sudden impulse and revelation hits her to look up her allies of the evening as she recalls Mogette and Max; allies are valuable, always. And pleasant to be around, she had to admit. She rushes from the lab, looking for an unused terminal, and on a whim (when she's sure no one is looking) looks up everything she can on Tyr of SOLDIER 3rd Class, including his cell number.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-17, 01:24 PM
Blue
Tyr Deschain
SOLDIER 3rd Class
Contact Number: (just pretend the number is here)

*NEWS ARTICLE - SHINRA NEWS*

Early this evening, a terrorist known as the Pyro Bomber had ended the life of one our up and coming new SOLDIER recruits - Edward Strider.

Known to his friends as Eddie, Edward was considered to be a great SOLDIER in the making. One friend in particular, fellow SOLDIER Tyr Deschain, was present when the tragedy occured, refuses to comment on the situation.

Princess Tracy
2012-07-17, 01:39 PM
Tyr's phone rings as he lingers in the bar. A familiar, metallic voice. Ahem, good evening. This is NID Unit BLUE7. Am I correct in believing I am speaking to Tyr of SOLDIER 3rd Class? If so, I would like to arrange a meeting... She pauses for a moment. You remember me, right? 'Toaster'. Is... now a good time?

RdMarquis
2012-07-17, 08:50 PM
"So, what do we know at this time? And what do you think our course of action should be?" Alastor asked, feeling helpless.

Spyder_Cel
2012-07-17, 10:21 PM
He must have been on drink number two, or maybe three when he answers his phone. He let her go through her introduction even though he knew who it was. "Now is as good a time as any, actually I could use your help... I need background checks on a few people. Where would be a good place to do that?"

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-18, 02:04 AM
Alastor
"We check upstairs forbanything that may lead us to them. Once the results come back, we can plan a suitable course of action, depending if the results are in our favour."

Princess Tracy
2012-07-18, 03:42 AM
"Background checks? Well, it depends. I'm on the Research and Development Wing of the Shinra building, so if they're on Shinra's records I could probably find them. Otherwise I might have to come to you. Where exactly are you, master?"

Princess Tracy
2012-07-18, 06:48 AM
Blue sits ready to look for whatever Tyr instructs her to search for

I forgot I took Skill Focus (use computer)

Blue hacks away to see if she can find whatever Tyr is looking for from where she is

[roll0]

Additional 2 rolls I get (taking the better result) to improve a computer's attitude, if necessary
[roll1]
[roll2]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-18, 07:19 AM
Blue
(I don't know what Spyder wants to look for lol)

Princess Tracy
2012-07-18, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I'm just pre-empting his requested information to save us the response time. Just take that as the roll when he asks for help.

Spyder_Cel
2012-07-18, 11:28 AM
Tyr gives Blue the names on the list one by one as he makes his way to Reasearch and Developement. Leaving Heidegger's name out.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-18, 11:40 AM
Blue
JOE YOUNG
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety Military Police unit 45
CURRENT ACTIVITY: Stationed at Wutai

ELAINE REDFORD
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety Military Police unit 61

GOFFMAN GREY
DEPARTMENT: None (civilian)
BACKGROUND CHECK: Not Applicable

EDWARD STRIDER
DEPARTMENT: SOLDIER 3rd Class

Princess Tracy
2012-07-18, 12:17 PM
Okay, the records seem to be here. Ahem. Goffman Grey is a civilian, with no real data in the Shinra records, so I can find no further information from here. Joe Young is in the Public Military Safety Police and is actively stationed in Wutai. Elain Redford, also in the PSMP, is... deceased, I am afraid. And according to my records... Edward Strider of SOLDIER 3rd Class is also deceased. Is there... anything more I can do? she asks, uncharacteristically concerned.

Spyder_Cel
2012-07-18, 10:51 PM
"Naw, that's all I need for now."Tyr. His phone buzzes, a text from Alastor. "Actually it would seem that Alastor suspects his parents were kidnapped. I'm almost to ya, stay there and I'll give him a call."
Calls Alastor, "Hey, is everything all right? I'm almost to Blue, where are you at?"

RdMarquis
2012-07-19, 05:11 AM
"Yeah." The Turk replies. By now, he was beginning to calm down. "I'm at the house. Let me send you the address." He explains to Tseng, "Some of the personnel from the last mission have offered to help with our investigation. They proved themselves capable enough, and we might need more manpower as things develop."

"Now..." Mentally, he told himself to approach this task as he would any other. Methodically and professionally. "You recommended we search upstairs, Sir?"

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-19, 05:17 AM
Alastor
Tseng nods in approval of Alastor's previous colleagues helping out. "You check upstairs, Alastor", he said continuing to survey the room they were in, "i'll carry on down here, and if either one finds anything of importance, we'll let the other know straight away, understood?"

Spyder_Cel
2012-07-19, 09:28 AM
Once meeting up with Blue he books it to the address Alastor sent him. Upon arrival he texts him, We're here. then he takes out his sword and enters the house.
Perception: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-19, 09:38 AM
Tyr
As you enter the house, you see Tseng and Alastor standing in the living room. You also see a letter on the floor, however the name of the person who wrote it has been torn off.

Penny,

I can't wait to spend more time with you. Is there anyway we can meet up sooner? I know our busy work schedule refuses us to do so but i have to see you.

Yours forever,

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-19, 01:20 PM
Alastor
You also spot the letter on the floor, just as Tyr and Blue enter the living room.

Princess Tracy
2012-07-20, 07:40 AM
Blue follows obediently enough along with Tyr, bowing to him as they meet and silently following to meet Alastor unless prompted to speak. She seems to have patches up her wounds from the other night rather well, and her modifications are fairly obvious to an observant individual, though judging from the loose fan belt she tears and discards casually as you walk, she wasn't quite done with her upgrades. She eyes the scene, taking it in well enough, thinking she would have done bets to install some sort of external recording device if she knew she would be at something she could only conclude was a crime scene. Still, she bows before Alastor all the same. NID Unit BLUE7, reporting, sir. How may I assist?

Perception [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-20, 09:26 AM
Blue
You spot the letter as Tyr picks it up, however your eyes only glimpse the name Penny.

RdMarquis
2012-07-20, 05:35 PM
"Nice to see you both again." Alastor smiles slightly, then indicates the letter. "I think my mother was meeting someone. Perhaps it my father, but I'm not sure. Don't suppose either you can recognize the handwriting? In any case..." He continues looking around. "There might be more clues about."

Princess Tracy
2012-07-23, 03:46 PM
A missing persons case... How often do people get kidnapped in this city? That's, what, the 4th case this week? Blue cynically ponders to herself. Well, if I'm trying to get in these folks' good graces, this may be a good place to start. Not sure how to help though. I suppose I am trained for investigation, but these are Turks we're talking about, I might just slow Alastor down... Nevertheless. She paces around the house, taking advantage of her clean-scrubbed hands to not taint any sort of DNA evidence. She picks a room no one is looking in et and goes for it, scanning high and low.

Perception [roll0]
Any objection to me taking 20?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-23, 04:25 PM
Blue
(OOC: Course you can.)

As you search the room, you spot a treasure chest in the far corner and a blooded knife near the door

Princess Tracy
2012-07-23, 04:51 PM
What the hell? Who leaves a treasure chest in their room? Is that even locked? Who would just take something in someone else's home? Well,I stole some stuff from Corneo, but in my defence if it weren't for the hostages I was going to blow up his estate instead, so if you think about it he should be thankful that that's all I did. Blue muses oddly to herself, glad to be out of earshot for a good old fashioned hobo-like monologue. Then she shuts up once she finds the knife, alerting the others to it. Gentleman, she cries out, I have found what may be a murd-... a weapon. He might not be happy to have my implying a death with the words 'murder weapon'

RdMarquis
2012-07-25, 01:30 AM
"Oh, hell." Alastor walks over, eyes fixed on the blade. The Turk catches himself before he can do anything rash about her grisly discovery. He had to concentrate on the job. "Is there evidence of any other weapons?" Lovett follows the same path Blue took on her search. Had the knife been used in a fight, or for pursuers like them to discover?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-25, 02:58 PM
Alastor
As you search the room, you see a tall cloaked figure through the window staring directly at you. He raises a hand and beckons you to him.

RdMarquis
2012-07-25, 10:43 PM
Alastor almost went for his shotgun. But as the cloaked figure didn't seem aggressive, he decided to see what it wanted. "Guys. Look." He pointed to the window. Then he began approaching carefully. "No sudden moves." The Turk spoke in a loud, but neutral tone. "I will open the window, then you will step inside and tell us what you want." He was surprised at how easily the person had been able to evade their notice. And dismayed. If the cloaked figure was hostile, it would have easily gotten the jump on them.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-26, 12:36 AM
The cloaked figure approached the window but did not enter. "I mean you no harm, Alastor" the figure said in a deep voice, "I am merely the bringer of truth. I was sent here on the request of your mother, to give you this note at this exact time and place".

The hooded figure handed the note to Alastor and before another word was exchanged, he flew up into the night sky and out of sight.

Junon Harbor - warehouse 43

RdMarquis
2012-07-27, 02:55 AM
"Wait! I-" Of course, the figure didn't. "Damn." Alastor shows the note to his companions. "Warehouse 43, Junon Harbor. What do you make of it?"

Princess Tracy
2012-07-27, 05:30 AM
"Did that man just fly?" Blue remarks. "I must remember to learn how to do that."

As Alastor reads the note aloud, its meaning is readily apparent, at least as Blue figures it. "No doubt it is directions to a meeting point. A message from someone who wishes to speak in private, or who cannot enter Midgar. Though, there are any number of ways such a thing could be a trap..." I hope he can handle this on his own. I can't leave Midgar, not unless someone upgraded the transmitter... That possibility is not a worthwhile gamble.