PDA

View Full Version : M&M 2e Tower o' Power

Julian84
2012-07-10, 08:24 PM
Hello and welcome, thank you for your patience. I look forward to playing with you all and I hope you enjoy the campaign!

It’s a bright, shining morning in Grid City. People are bustling to and fro, leaving their homes and joining their efforts together in the harmonious thrum of efficient toil.

Wearing his unique dark blue autographed Professor Plasma t-shirt, intrepid explorer Geoffrey Erickson returns from his latest adventure, this time in the heart of African jungle, to visit his long-time best friend, the aforementioned Plasma. The two have enjoyed many escapades around the world, from the cold wastes of Antarctica to the burning sands of the Sahara. The two have battled some of the worst in the world, from Netheros the Black, against the trio of bandits known as the Fangs, to Silver Dragon’s nemesis the Baboon.

Pulling off of the Electron Freeway, Erickson can see the Tower of Power clearly up ahead, the monument to all of Plasma’s genius and greatness, a gift to the peoples of Grid City. Free clean power flows from the tower to any who want it, along with a place of employment for over 300 researchers, scientists, janitors, and heroes. Triangular in appearance, the only way for anybody to access it is via the three sky-rails that connect to entrances on the 80th floor.

Unaware that the traffic light has died, a tractor-trailer runs the intersection, abruptly and permanently ending Erickson’s happy reminiscence.

All across the city, the vital power stutters and fails, causing countless accidents and trapping thousands in their homes and offices. The back-up power in hospitals and fire stations slowly but surely begins counting down towards oblivion.

With a loud clang, the three doors to the tower lock shut, and Grid City grinds to a screeching halt.

It doesn’t take long for the city’s resident thugs and criminals to take advantage of the situation, looting banks and stealing from the innocent with nary anyone to stop them.

A desperate cry goes out from Grid City to all the heroes of America: “Can someone, anyone, come and save the city?”

Many answer the call, but few get far in solving the mystery, thwarted by the Tower’s still-active defenses and the need to police the rampant crime rate. Some return to their homes, called away to answer their own crises.

Some die before they can ever make it home.

Elsewhere in the nation, five heroes heed the call and journey to Grid City to see if they can save the day!

You can narrate how and when you hear the distress call and how you respond to it. Feel free to embellish as you see fit.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-11, 07:46 AM
"Mom, I am going and that is final. I have something that Grid City needs and it is my duty to give it," Jonas shouts at his mother as she is brought to tears. She fears loosing her son to the dangers the unruly city will provide. It has been only days since the distress call was given, calling for the nation's heroes. Jonas knew only that he had something to provide and felt that it would only get worse for others if the trouble wasn't stopped in Grid City.

That afternoon he grab a bag packed with a few clothes and his "costume." He hustled to the end of town and then started leaping across the landscape in large bounds. Jonas felt that he could get to Grid City faster by bounding through the countryside than by taking a bus. After a short time of hopping, Jonas came to a stop shortly outside the city. He then changed into his hero costume and put his bag on his back. "Where do I even start," he mutters to himself.

Walking through town he heads toward the tower, hoping that when he gets there he will be able to do something.

Strainseir
2012-07-11, 05:04 PM
Aden at on the ledge of a skyscraper looking across his city. Years had past quickly while he had struggled to return to this world. He returned to this realm with powers and became known the hero Soul Fire. The city had changed in the four years he was dead. Now Earl was dead, but it was likely the bastard would be back. His city was finally safe from those demonic forces. Crime was down and things were turning quite good for this place.

When Aden came to be told of the troubles in another city he knew it was his duty to help. Without a secret identity Aden had no real need of costumes or to hide. So indeed he flew at full speed towards the Grid leaving a trail of heat less blue and white flame behind him as he flew faster than at least commercial flights.

Lizard Lord
2012-07-12, 09:01 AM
Argus Rustman answers his phone at his office to hear a dame's voice at the other end. It's always a dame. It was the mayor's secretary, the mayor wanting to get help for kooky business going on at that nutty tower.

Putting on his trench coat and fedora, Argus the turns to his partner.

"Lets go Karl, we'll take the autogyro We have work to do."

Julian84
2012-07-13, 09:05 AM
Stanleyindraven - As you move through the city you see the tell-tale signs of chaos and crime. Some citizens absent-mindedly walk down the street, some trying to clean up some of the wreckage, some simply trying to remove themselves from the situation.

Continuing onwards, you come into a main plaza on the east side of the tower, wherein you see two brightly-clad combatants swinging blows at each other. You recognize one, Helix, as a villain who terrorized Las Casas only a year ago, though you don't recognize his opponent. Suddenly, Helix lands a mighty blow, sending the other fighter flying straight into a large statue of Professor Plasma, pushing it to the teetering edge, threatening to crush innocent bystanders below!

At the same time Helix begins edging towards a side street that will let him get safely away. What do you do?

Strainseir - You arrive in Grid City to find it in absolute disarray. Cars overturned, buildings smashed, and dazed people everywhere. As you fly over you can sense multiple sources of magic, some seemingly benign, others filled with lethal intent. As you follow one lead, you see police cars weaving through the wreckage in the streets to intercept one of those magical sources. Do you follow?

Lizard Lord - Karl nods and you ascend the stairs to the top of your building, where the autogyro awaits.

Karl turns to you grimly. "With the power outage, we have to be careful about not draining the power pack on this thing, so we shouldn't rely on it." He climbs into the pilot's seat. "Where to? The Mayor's office? Or the tower?"

stanleyindraven
2012-07-13, 09:33 AM
"The Fist" will leap into action and grab the statue, trying to push it into a safe position. Once it is more or less secured he will look at the other 'hero' and then toward Helix. "Stop right there," he will shout across the courtyard.

Strainseir
2012-07-13, 05:15 PM
The lethal intent draws him in like a magnet. He flies towards it but he stops at every car or rubble along the way to see if there is anyone that is trapped. If they are capable of being torn free by his strength he will go insubstantial and pull them out. This will continue until he eventually finds the lethal magic so that he might gaze upon it's source.

Julian84
2012-07-14, 05:06 PM
Stainseir: You don't see any civilians in need of rescue. Following the lead, you fly into a square plaza, where you see someone pushing a statue back into place. Across the plaza is a black-haired man with a long face wearing an odd white and blue costume. The magical entity is definitely here, but the presence is so oppressive you cannot tell who the source is.

Stanleyindraven:You manage to push the statue back into place with minimal effort, though it's wobbling a little more than you might like. (You can notice check if you want, DC 10 on whether or not you see Strainseir's arrival.) Anyhow, as you glance to the hero who hit the statue, you see that he is dead, his chest caved in and a look of shock pasted on his face.

Across the plaza Helix laughs menacingly. "Really boy? After what I did to Captain Chrome, you want to take me on?! Alright then." He chuckles low, and his body suddenly ripples and grows, muscles stretching and distorting. He is now twice as tall as you, his biceps as thick as your chest, a wicked smile slashed across his face. "Come on then! LET'S FIGHT!" (Make a knowledge: current events check, along with an initiative check)

Dienekes
2012-07-15, 12:19 AM
"Finally," Joe muttered to himself as he finally found a parking space.

FINALLY, said the constant voice of the angry god. THIS WASTE OF TIME CAN GET STARTED.

It had been a long trip to get to Grid City, made all the worse when he actually made it to the city itself and the traffic was a crawl. It had been hours until he found a place to hide his car where hopefully no one would loot, steal, or destroy it.

Ok Joe, here we go, he thought to himself as he turned to the back seat of the car and reached for the Spear. Here, I can do some good.

BAHH, WE SHOULD BE USING THIS CHAOS TO CONQUER. THEY ARE WEAK, THE WILL BE FORCED TO KNEEL BEFORE THE MIGHT OF A GOD.

For the thousandth time Joe fought the wrath of the god as his hand touched the spear, and for the thousandth time he emerged triumphant. The Warlord stepped out of the car and started to head for the tower.

Julian84
2012-07-16, 07:50 AM
Dienekes: There is little to impede your progress to the tower. You perhaps notice police cars whirring past you to some emergency or another, or citizens trying to repair what they can, but for the most part everything is quiet and at peace.

And finally, you reach the Tower. Constructed from an odd blueish grey plate metal, the tower now seems to be more an imposing monolith than a beacon of hope. High above on the eightieth floor, you can see one of the entrances and the skyline that connects it to a junction a few miles behind you. The cablecars aren't moving, but someone could possibly shimmy up the wires.

As you stand there, you feel an odd presence. (Notice check)

stanleyindraven
2012-07-16, 07:57 AM
Knowlege CE [roll0]
Notice [roll1]
Initiative [roll2]

"I am not afraid of you. You will be brought to your knees," The Fist shouts at helix.

Dienekes
2012-07-16, 02:17 PM
Notice check
[roll0]

Lizard Lord
2012-07-16, 03:11 PM
"We will be heading straight to the tower. The autogyro should take us to the 80th floor were we can get in."

Julian84
2012-07-16, 09:28 PM
Stanleyindraven: You notice another hero enter the plaza behind you, though you aren't certain who he is. You should be glad for the help though, because you just remembered that when Helix was terrorizing Las Casas, it took five heroes to bring him down.

And he just won initiative.

Helix charges you with a roar, but you manage to jump out of the way at the very last second. Your turn.

Dienekes: For a second you think you see a wavering image, but it quickly disappears. Overhead, an autogyro comes into view.

Lizard Lord: Karl nods and finishes the pre-flight check. "A'right, but let's be careful, the tower still has defenses running hot from what I've heard."

The autogyro takes off and wheels towards the tower. As you approach the platform, though, two turrets pop out and pivot towards you.

Karl gulps. "Uh-oh."

The turrets fire, deadly red rays arcing towards you. "BRACE FOR EVASIVE MANEUVERS!", Karl shouts.

He arcs over and around the beams like a pro, but more turrets are popping out.

Lizard Lord
2012-07-16, 11:19 PM
"Listen kid, you need to try and those things down. I can fly this thing if ya need me to."

Karl will use comprehend machines to convince the turrets we are on there side. Not sure if this would be a bluff (in which case Karl can use disable device) or a diplomacy check (in which case I use the computers skill). If it can be either or I will choose bluff since Karl has more ranks in disable device.

If Karl can't fly the plane and use comprehend at the same time Argus can use his Jack of All Trades feat and fly it himself, but only if Karl can't do both since he is the better pilot.

Disable device: [roll0]
Computers:[roll1]
Argus's Pilot: [roll2]
Karl's Pilot: [roll3]

Strainseir
2012-07-17, 03:54 AM
Initiative [roll0]
Attack [roll1]

Soulfire watches for just a moment until he decides to join in the battle. Flying into range his outstretched arm suddenly turns into a torrent of blueish-white flames in the shape of a clawed hand streaming outward over four hundred feet headed right towards Helix.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-17, 07:11 AM
"You will not win Helix," The Fist calls out.

The Fist will then throw his fist at Helix, hoping to land a solid hit.

Attack[roll0]

Julian84
2012-07-17, 08:48 AM
Strainseir: Your white fire leaps forth from your palm and smashes into Helix, blasting him into the tilestone.

Toughness fail by 6 - Helix is now bruised and stunned.

Stanleyindraven: Even throwing all of your strength into that punch, Helix barely notices it. "W-when I get back up, I'm going to put you in a world of hurt!"

Since Helix is stunned, we skip his turn. Strainseir, you can make another action, then it is Stanleyindraven's turn.

Lizard Lord: "Alright, take the wheel!" Karl shouts. He reaches a hand out towards one cluster of turrets, concentrating hard for a few moments.

The turrets stall for a second, then fire again.

Taking your earlier pilot check into account, a few shots manage to hit you. Your autogyro's toughness fails by four, putting a dent in the hull.

Strainseir
2012-07-17, 05:13 PM
Soulfire Suddenly changes everything but his hands become insubstantial. Those he wraps in the same flame and comes flying at Helix with his full flying speed of 500 miles an hour Slamming his fist into Helix not only with with his Flaming soul but with his mighty fist.

Attack[roll0]

Julian84
2012-07-17, 08:52 PM
Soulfire Suddenly changes everything but his hands become insubstantial. Those he wraps in the same flame and comes flying at Helix with his full flying speed of 500 miles an hour Slamming his fist into Helix not only with with his Flaming soul but with his mighty fist.

Attack[roll0]
Your soulfire strike damage is 20, and since you have the mighty feat that's....+7... You don't have sufficient space to use your flight ranks for damage, look up the full action Slam on page 158. Basically, you'd have to move 5000 feet backwards first, and then attack.

So. That's 27 damage with a 29 to hit.

He fails his toughness by 19. Alright, combat teaching moment is over.

---

Strainseir: You hurtle into the reeling Helix with destructive force, blasting him back into the tilestone he had barely managed to climb out of.

This attack causes a large shockwave, destroying most of the plaza in an instant. The blast triples the size of the crater and knocks you both straight through into the sewer below.

Helix is unconscious.

Stanleyindraven: Make a reflex check, DC 20.

Strainseir
2012-07-17, 09:05 PM
(( OOC: I was just doing the flight for Ascetics sorry I should have mentioned that. ))

Strainseir
2012-07-17, 09:32 PM
Soulfire Looks to this supervillian that moments before had killed a hero, and most likely would again. Slowly stretching his hand out he spoke the words," Whoso sheddeth a man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed." Before unleashing his fiery soul upon the villain.

IF needed I will roll attack

[roll0]

Julian84
2012-07-17, 09:43 PM
Uh... No... that's called a coup de grace. Instant critical hit, so... 25 damage for a 40 toughness DC.

Strainseir:

The fire leaps from your palm, burning Helix away until he is but ash. Slowly, the pooling water carries him past you into the depths of Grid City's underbelly.

You can take a break until Stanleyindraven posts, he's needed before we can continue this part of the plot.

Dienekes
2012-07-17, 10:47 PM
What is that thing? Joe raises his hand to shield his eyes from the sun as he looks up at the autogyro, and watches as it gets attacked by the turrets. Unfortunately there was not much he could do to help the flying contraption.

With nothing left to do he continues to head toward the Tower of Power.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-18, 07:12 AM
Reflex [roll0]

EDIT: OOC: Now that I seem to have passed the roll.

The Fist will try to keep from being crushed by the surrounding rubble. Frozen in shock at seeing the fiery blast and then the burning of Helix, he was unable to object to the complete destruction of the villain.

"Well, thank you, I guess. I am The Fist, and who are you," he says to the new hero with a sound of distaste evident.

Julian84
2012-07-18, 07:16 AM
Dienekes: You're already there. You see no entrances, and the tower itself appears impregnable.

Stanleyindraven: Not so fast.

While you manage to leap out of the way just in time, the bystanders in the plaza weren't so lucky. Soulfire's attack destroyed most of the plaza and killed many of the innocents still inside.

Dienekes
2012-07-18, 08:16 AM
Joe looks around for possibly any windows or ledges he could grab onto higher up.

Notice: [roll0]

Strainseir
2012-07-18, 08:37 AM
Soulfire Curses under his breath. He had not expected the area to have been so weakened. There were far to many casualties that were his fault. Going fully insubstantial he began to fly through the rubble trying to find anyone that might still be alive. At this moment he was just as bad as Helix.

Strainseir
2012-07-18, 08:39 AM
[roll0] notice

Julian84
2012-07-18, 07:50 PM
Dienekes: There are no windows, or ledges, just smooth plates of metal all the way to the top. There are slight grooves between each plate, but one would have to be a pretty excellent climber.

Strainseir: There are multiple people trapped in rubble around you. As you go and begin the rescue effort, you are bathed in a soft golden light. Motes of sparkling gold dust fall around you, though you seem the be the only one who sees this.

A voice booms through your head. "Soulfire. 'Who so sheddeth a man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed'. Your words, Soulfire. Hypocrite. You bear great power of realms beyond mortal reckoning, and we are displeased with your use of it. Know this, 'hero', that if you shed the blood of an innocent again, the Highest will judge you unworthy, and act accordingly. Keep your path, or lose your soul forever."

The golden light fades, and you return once again to the grim reality around you. Police cars are screeching to a halt at the edge of the devastated plaza. You rescue the last of the survivors, but they're in pretty bad condition.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-18, 11:00 PM
"I think that was a bit of overkill," The Fist will say as he looks scornfully at the specter.

Julian84
2012-07-19, 08:37 AM
Strainseir/Stanleyindraven: With the last of the survivors rescued, the police are picking their way over the wreckage towards you.

One, a rather skinny fellow with a mop of red hair and freckles, nervously pulls off his cap.

"Er... I'm Bert Reimer, lieutenant- I mean, Chief of Police. We came in response to a villain and hero duking it out... But... Uh... Well we weren't expecting this. I'm not sure what we'll be able to do with the survivors. Anyhow, I'd like to take you two downtown for questioning." He quickly puts his hands up. "Just questioning! No... You know... Charges... Or anything."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-19, 10:33 AM
"I'm sorry Office Reimer. I have to help the city first, and that means getting to the bottom of what is wrong with the tower. Any input you have would be appreciated," The Fist says to the bumbling cop.

Julian84
2012-07-19, 11:22 AM
S/S: "Uh... Right... Well... Where to begin?"

He nervously clears his throat. "The tower went dark five days ago, causing widespread chaos... as you've seen. There was no word from the people inside the tower, or from Professor Plasma, so Chief Rosenthal, my predecessor, took a team up one of the skylines to see if they could get in. The automated defenses killed all of them." He sighs and scratches his head. "Then the villains all realized they could act with imputiny and starting robbing and looting. Dozens of heroes came in, but all it's done is turn the city into a warzone." He looks down. "I... We've never seen anything like this, heroes and villains killing each other. Not even Helix was that bad back in the day. I thought there was some code of honor... But I guess not. Anyhow, I would call in the Silver Dragon or the Ascendants, but without Professor Plasma's consent my hands are tied."

He is referring to the Delineation, which strictly divides the country into three regions, the Western, Central, and Eastern. Silver Dragon presides over the Western region from his home base in Los Angeles, Professor Plasma is in charge of Central from Grid City, and the Ascendants are in charge of the Eastern region, with their base being located in New York City. The Delineation was established to keep the big heroes from stepping on each others toes and causing too much collateral damage. They can only enter another region at the express permission of that region's head, permission which no one else can give.

"So without him, we're stuck with B-listers and two-bit champions who can't take on the real villains." He looks at you apologetically. "No offense intended." He turns to look at the tower. "We aren't really sure where to start ourselves, since we have no power and will quickly be without moving vehicles. We guess Plasma's longtime archenemy Netheros might be behind this, but we don't have the capability to take him in, and he's been making hit and runs all over the city, so we can't track him. If you're thinking of running him down, I'd suggest enlisting Argus Rustman, he's a brilliant private detective, and might be able to figure out where Netheros will strike next."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-19, 11:33 AM
As the policeman is talking The Fist will look at the damaged courtyard/crater. (Does it appear that he could break into the tower from beneath with the large hole into the sewers that was just made? If not he will consider ripping a plate off the tower to gain access.) He will then look to the other 'hero' and see if he has a beneficial comment.

Julian84
2012-07-19, 11:43 AM
Stanleyindraven: The sewers might connect to the tower's sublevels, but you would need a map to figure out the maze.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-19, 12:26 PM
OOC: If you want I can continue.
No Map needed, The Fist thought. I will just have to smash my way straight through, or the other guy can phase through and open the doors.

Julian84
2012-07-19, 12:32 PM
We'll wait for some of the others to check back in first before continuing.

Strainseir
2012-07-19, 05:32 PM
Soulfire was still in a bit of shock from the carnage he had caused. It was truly not his intent to destroy the plaza. He merely wished to quickly prevent this Helix from causing any more harm. Had he simply given an uppercut instead of striking the way he did people would not have died. Damn whatever that spirit what that spoke to him like that. This incident was burned into him. Eventually he did speak though quietly.

"I am Soulfire... I can pass out of this phase and cross through the wall if you desire..."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-23, 07:14 AM
"Ok Soulfire, time to see if that works on the pyramid then," The Fist will say.

Julian84
2012-07-24, 07:04 AM
S/S: Reimer stares incredulously at you. "You two don't seem to realize what you're talking about. Trying to break into the Tower won't work, plenty have tried already. Save yourselves a whole lot of trouble."

He turns and walks away.

Dienekes
2012-07-24, 01:55 PM
Joe was stumped.

THE TOWER STANDS IN YOUR WAY. DESTROY IT LIKE THE WALLS OF TROY! TAKE IT DOWN BRICK BY BRICK UNTIL NO ONE REMEMBERS THAT IT STANDS IN YOUR WAY.

"Shut up," Joe mumbled as he kept looking for something, anything to be of use. He couldn't climb it, can't fly to the top. Ugh, this was getting annoying.

WELL YOU COULD AT LEAST HIT IT WITH SOMETHING

"If it will shut you up, then fine," Joe shouted in frustration. Grabbing the Spear of Ares in both hands he jabbed at the building.

Attack
Power Attack the wall, and then laugh as nothing happens
[roll0]
20 damage on success, 7 penetrating

Julian84
2012-07-24, 08:25 PM
Hey all, Lizard Lord has left the game, so we're down to three. I'll be taking over his character (as he is rather necessary to the story), so we can keep on going. However, if we lose another player I will call TPK and end the game.

Dienekes: Unfortunately, something does happen. Your spear hits the wall with an audible *ting* and stops short. There is no visible damage to the wall. The panel suddenly begins humming with energy and glows blue. Roll reflex!

Also, while you were doing that the auto-gyro above you managed to evade it's mechanical attackers, and is descending towards you now. Depending on your reflex, you might even be conscious when they arrive.

Dienekes
2012-07-24, 09:55 PM
Reflex
[roll0]

Julian84
2012-07-24, 11:45 PM
Dienekes: You manage to let go of your spear and leap away as powerful arcs of electricity course along the shaft and explode outward, scorching the tilestone around the spear. The weapon drops and clangs against the ground, smoking slightly.

Behind you, the auto-gyro has come to a final sputtering landing. From the vehicle you can hear a sardonic voice say "Go to the tower, you said. Well, here we are, great idea, Boss!"

stanleyindraven
2012-07-25, 06:43 AM
OOC: Can we hear or see this display?

"Ok, well try the insubstantial route. If that doesn't work we may be looking for Netheros after all," The Fist says to Soulfire.

Julian84
2012-07-25, 07:05 AM
Stanleyindraven: You cannot. The plaza is on the west side of the tower, about a mile out. Dienekes and the others are on the northeast side.

Strainseir
2012-07-25, 08:13 PM
Soulfiire nods in response. Taking on this spirit form he flies towards the tower and places his hand against the tower testing to see if he can pass beyond the wall.

Julian84
2012-07-25, 11:30 PM
Strainseir: The panel immediately glows with a red sigil, which quickly spreads to cover the entire tower. Red flames lick up your form and engulf you. Roll toughness.

Stanleyindraven: You can see the tower lighting red in the distance, the sigils hazy but visible.

Dienekes: Obviously, you see the tower suddenly turn red in front of you.

S/S/D: A booming voice can be heard, leaping into the minds of all present. "Dear Netheros, I would have thought that by now you would have learned you cannot enter this tower by turning insubstantial. I have enacted the necessary mystical safeguards that will render your abilities rather useless. Now while I hate stooping to your level and using magical blah-de-blah, I do think this will be most effective in teaching you a lesson. Enjoy this holy fire."

The voice is clearly Professor Plasma, but it seems to be some sort of recording. The red sigils cease glowing and the fire stops attacking Soulfire (or whatever is left of him).

stanleyindraven
2012-07-26, 06:59 AM
"Well, that leaves us with only one real option, to question Netheros," The Fist says aloud to himself.

Strainseir
2012-07-26, 09:43 AM
[roll0] toughness

Julian84
2012-07-26, 01:51 PM
Strainseir: The crimson flame envelopes you and suddenly turns stark white, exploding outward with deadly force. You are immediately turned substantial again, and the blast sends you hurtling into another building.

Roll a fortitude check, DC 15 (with a negative 2 penalty since you just got embedded in a building). If you succeed, immediately roll a regeneration check to get you back on your feet.

Strainseir
2012-07-26, 02:03 PM
[roll0] dc 15 fort

[roll1] dc 10 regen

I forgot the -2 but that would have still worked.

Strainseir
2012-07-26, 02:07 PM
Soulfire slowly pulls himself from the building before cracking his neck,"Alright well that does not work. I did not expect it to through. We need a better plan. I say we go take down Netheros."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-26, 02:11 PM
The Fist walks over to Soulfire. "Ok, well we need to find this investigator, Rustman to find Netheros quickly."

Julian84
2012-07-26, 02:11 PM
Gentlemen, please try not to get too far ahead.

Strainseir: You manage to survive the trap, though you're still a little scorched from the explosion. You groggily awaken, though you are still disabled and barely capable of moving. You can make a regeneration check immediately to remove the disabled condition, but you will then have to wait a few hours before you can recover from your injured/staggered condition.

Injured/staggered means you can only make a single move or standard action per round, and you have a -2 to toughness saves at this time.

Dienekes
2012-07-26, 02:33 PM
"Well that didn't work," Joe muttered as he tentatively picked up the spear.

Turning around he runs to where the vehicle landed. "Are you alright in there?" he says as he studies the odd machine. "And any chance you would know how-" he is cut off as the building changes color and Professor Plasma's voice rings out. "Huh, any chance you could explain any of that?"

Julian84
2012-07-26, 02:45 PM
Dienekes: Two men, one older and wearing a fedora and trench coat, the other younger and just wearing some nice clothes, pull themselves wearily out of the auto-gyro. The older one turns to you, saying "We'll be fine, but I think the gyro is out for the count." He kicks it lightly.

He extends a hand to you. "M'name's Argus Rustman, P.I. The kid is Karl, my assistant." He looks past you at the tower. "And that would apparently be another one a' Plasma's traps. I knew he was cautious, but this level o' paranoia is.. unprecedented."

Karl walks up behind him. "There's a distress coming in over the radio. Some blockheads trashed Quantum Plaza duking it out with some juiced up meathead. A lotta people died. We can find the chief of police there apparently."

Argus nods and turns to you. "That's where we're headed then. You coming?"

Strainseir
2012-07-26, 03:09 PM
[roll0] dc 10 regen cannot fail.

Soulfire looked to the Fist and nodded,"I would prefer not to do that again... I cannot die but that still hurts you know."

Dienekes
2012-07-26, 08:49 PM
Joe nods to the two, then looks over his shoulder at the giant tower. "Well, there's not much I can do against this thing." Joe nodded, "Let's go help the police, you think your ship can take us or is it too busted up?"

Julian84
2012-07-26, 10:20 PM
Dienekes: Argus shrugs and looks at Karl, who worriedly chews his lip. "She can make it, but we'll have to fly low, so we'll have to go around the tower. Oh, and you'll have to sit on a landing skid." He smiles apologetically.

The three of you climb on, and the gyro slowly but surely lifts into the air and putters on its way.

Argus looks over at you. "I'm not certain where exactly to start with this investigation. This isn't Netheros's normal schtick, and as you saw Plasma is well defended against him." He smiles grimly. "That said, Netheros is the number one head honcho of all bad-guy business in this town. If he doesn't know anything, I'll eat my hat."

As you fly around the tower, you see two individuals standing beside a building, one looking very dazed and is slowly pulling himself out of said building.

S/S: Three guesses as to what you see flying close by.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-27, 06:50 AM
"Well, let us hope that is not an enemy flying in. Also, you should probably do your best to not destroy more buildings," The Fist says with a chuckle.

Strainseir
2012-07-27, 09:34 AM
"I cannot promise that I will not destroy more buildings, but I will make sure there are no innocent inside it first." Soulfire said before turning to gaze the coming gyrocopter. He then flopped on his back on the ground with a sigh.

Julian84
2012-07-27, 10:27 AM
Dienekes: Karl squints down at the odd pair below. "Hey... I think I recognize those two from the broadcast..." He frowns. "I'm going to take us down for a minute."

All:The Auto-Gyro lands in front of Soulfire and the Fist. Karl leans out and narrows his eyes. "Are you the two yahoos who trashed Quantum Plaza?"

stanleyindraven
2012-07-27, 10:33 AM
The Fist looks down at Soulfire.

Strainseir
2012-07-27, 11:02 AM
Soulfire sighed and nodded,"I struck Helix and the building gave way."

Julian84
2012-07-27, 11:17 AM
All: Argus pulls himself out of the gyro and looks down balefully at Soulfire while lighting a cigar. "First rule of da business, kid, know when to pull your punches. A lotta times, the easy way of finishin' a fight-

He leans down and extends a hand to pull Soulfire back up. -Ain't always the best way. From da looks of youse, I get the feelin' you've already learned that."

He straightens out. "I'm Argus Rustman, private detective. The loudmouth is my assistant, Karl."

Strainseir
2012-07-27, 11:27 AM
Not wanting to be rude Soulfire takes the hand to help himself back up despite his ability to fly,"My powers don't work that way. They unleash at full power. I need to practice more, I am not use to combat near civilians."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-27, 11:35 AM
"You are the man we are looking for. We need to find Netheros," the Fist says as Rustman helps soulfire.

Julian84
2012-07-27, 12:32 PM
All: Argus takes a long drag on his cigar. "You're after Netheros too, eh?" He pauses. "Netheros. Alexander Venkman, born August 1962 to Hilda Venkman. At the age of 19 he discovered an ancient spellbook called the Recordum Amissio in his attic. It was his mother's, as she was the retired super villainess Wytchfire." He pauses again. "He uses the Recordum to become one of the most powerful evildoers on the continent. He begins a crime spree that is only stopped by Professor Plasma. This begins a 17 year long battle of wits and fists between the two."

He turns back to the gyro and pulls a map out of a compartment. Various scribblings cover it. "This is the banks and jewelers he has hit so far. He's been a busy boy, so there aren't very many left. Now if I were him, I'd want to make a hit in the middle of some chaos, but as far away from it as possible." He glances at Soulfire and the Fist. "Helix was a distraction. The real target is here." He taps a spot on the map and marks it red.

He tosses it to the Fist. "Grid City Museum of the Arts. And I'll bet he's there right now."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-27, 12:44 PM
The Fist will look for his location and where the museum is so he can just leap to the top of a building and then jump there. "Anyone else need this," he questions as he profers the map.

Dienekes
2012-07-28, 10:49 PM
HAH, A WORTHY OPPONENT. THIS CREATURE THAT CAN LAY WASTE TO A BUILDING. I COMMAND THAT YOU ENGAGE HIM IN COMBAT, DESTROY HIM WITH THE MIGHT OF THE GODS!

Joe did his best to ignore the thoughts of Ares as he listened to Argus lay out Netheros' plan. It made sense, using the commotion to continue his crime spree.

"I could use it," Joe said as the map was offered up. "With any luck I can work out something to help us against Netheros."

YOU'RE NOT ATTACKING THEM

"Very observant of you," Joe mumbled. "I mean, yes I can use this. Names Warlord by the way."

Using Master Plan [Tactics] to try and gain a benefit when we get to the Museum
[roll0]

Julian84
2012-07-28, 11:20 PM
All: Warlord, Argus, and Karl climb back into the gyro and take off. Soulfire is still injured and staggered, so he rests for a minute more before taking off into flight. The Fist follows behind via leaping.

As you all arrive at the Museum, you hear a loud roar and screaming. A large sculpture goes flying through the main doors and a large figure leaps out behind it. Landing nearby you, the figure is actually a large, musclebound and scaly monstrosity, a tad bit larger than any of you. His teeth are sharp and wet with drool, and his eyes glow menacing red.

"Netheros." Argus mutters.

The demonic-looking being tilts his head quizzically, then his face is split with a wide smile. "I know you!" He points at the Fist and Soulfire. "I saw you two back at the plaza! I guess Helix didn't last as long as I was expecting him to." He chuckles lowly. "I suppose you followed the P.I. here in the hopes of stopping me from leaving our city's finest venue for the arts with these wondrous gems?" He lifts a bag aloft, chuckling again. "I'd like to see you try." He suddenly explodes in red flames.

Everyone make an initiative check. Also, thanks to Dieneke's successful roll, you each get a +2 to attack and skills rolls for the next three rounds.

Strainseir: With this sudden release of magical energy, you suddenly recognize Netheros as the odd entity you sensed earlier before you fought Helix. You get a +2 to initiative, that said, you are still injured/staggered with a -2 on toughness checks and you can only make a movement or standard action, not both.

Dienekes: Based on what you've seen so far, Netheros prefers hit and run attacks. Surround him and keep wailing on him from all sides.

Dienekes
2012-07-29, 10:26 AM
OOC
Julian, just a reminder we agreed I could use Tactics rolls instead of Intelligence if I bumped up the DC requirements for Master Plan, so I only gave us a +2 bonus instead of +3.

Also, I would like a judgment call on an idea, technically there's nothing that says you can't use 2 different attack feats for the same time. So for example, I could use All-Out Attack and Power Attack to get +5 damage -5 defense, instead of just Power Attacks +5 damage, -5 Attack or All-Out Attacks +5 attack -5 defense. While I don't think this is unbalanced I want to run it by you first in case you think it's cheesy.

"Listen up, this guy wants to lash out at us and bolt before we can hit him back, and then just run for it. We should all try and surround him, give him nowhere to run to and take him down fast."

He glances over at Soulfire, "And, ah, you, sorry I don't know your name. Uhh, it'd probably be best if you took the back. You're already hurt and I don't want this big guy to try and use your injury to make a break for freedom."

DO NOT SUGGEST, ORDER THEM! THEY ARE YOUR PAWNS TO BE USED AS YOU PLEASE.

Rolls
Initiative: [roll0]

Julian84
2012-07-29, 08:47 PM
Dienekes:
OOC:
Good catch, thanks.

Anyhow, I can see your concerns about the feats and to be honest I can't say it's good because- Yeah, I can't do that with a straight face :smallbiggrin: Go ahead, I use that tactic all the time. First thing I was taught in the game, actually, combining those feats.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-30, 07:31 AM
The Fist grits his teeth and takes a fighting stance. initiative [roll0]

Strainseir
2012-07-31, 12:27 AM
Roll Initiative [roll0]

On his Initiative Soulfire Will move behind The super villain.

Julian84
2012-07-31, 07:10 AM
Order of Combat: The Fist, Argus Rustman, Warlord, Karl, Soulfire, and then Netheros.

Stanleyindraven, you're up.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-31, 07:25 AM
"Surrender now, you cannot win," The Fist will shout as he leaps into Netheros to try landing a punch. Attack [roll0]

Julian84
2012-07-31, 07:39 AM
Stanleyindraven: Your blow lands squarely in his chest. He cringes a little, then smiles. "On the contrary, I do believe the odds are in my favor!"

Argus darts back and runs towards the museum.

Dienekes, you're up.

Dienekes
2012-07-31, 02:08 PM
Leaping from the gyro Warlord runs toward the monster, attacking it as he passes and heads over to the right to block that potential exit.

Power Attack/All-Out Attack[roll0] -5 to Defense
Damage: 20

Julian84
2012-07-31, 08:46 PM
Dienekes: As Warlord dashes by Netheros, his spear strike hits the demonic being in the arm. Netheros growls lowly, but he has sustained no damage.

Karl reaches out towards a parked car and brings the engine to life, sending it revving forwards towards Netheros. The car slams into him, but simply breaks against his hardened scales.

Strainseir: Soulfire flies over Netheros and lands behind him.

All: Netheros growls again. "My turn." His hands, wreathed in unholy fire, dart out towards the Fist and slam into his chest, blasting him with deadly force.

Stanleyindraven: Make a toughness save, DC 40.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-01, 07:10 AM
OOC:Hooray for some impervious toughness.

Toughness [roll0]

OOC:Nvm just missed by 6. That is one bruised and a staggered? was it lethal or non-lethal?

Julian84
2012-08-01, 07:55 AM
OOC: That would be bruised and stunned actually.

Stanleyindraven: The force of Netheros's blow sends the Fist skidding back into the gyro, his uniform scorched by the flames. Reeling from the blast, he vainly tries to get up but is still too stunned.

You lose your turn for this round.

Argus has disappeared inside the Museum.

Dienekes!

Dienekes
2012-08-02, 06:29 AM
Thinking quickly Joe understood what he could throw at the monster wasn't enough to hurt it, so a new tactic was necessary. He just hoped whatever Argus was doing was worth it.

"Listen up beast, I am Ares, the God of War reborn. I have watched the Persian hordes destroy themselves upon the spears of my chosen. I have laughed as the walls of Rome were torn down. I have filled the trenches of Europe with corpses without counting. And you are in my way."

Fearsome Presence: Will Save DC 25.

Julian84
2012-08-02, 10:32 AM
Dienekes: Netheros laughs. "An impressive resume, if there were such a thing as gods in this world." He glares at you. "But I am Netheros. I have walked through the planes of torture and punishment and learned at the feet of the darkest beings in the universe. I take the form of a being so powerful his name cannot even be spoken, lest he destroy you with merely a thought. I know no fear."

Karl grits his teeth. Another car comes to life and smashes into Netheros, but the attack still has no effect.

Strainseir, come on down!

Strainseir
2012-08-02, 02:59 PM
"I stand before you now Netherose. I have seen your mastered and bested their will with mine own. You shall not win this day." Soulfire says as he holds his hand out releasing a single carefully aimed line of his soul to scorch Netherose with the divine flame of his being.

Using precise power feat on my line ability for soulfire. Reflex dc 30 for half damage. Damage is 20

Julian84
2012-08-02, 07:04 PM
Strainseir: Precise doesn't require a reflex check, it pretty much hits automatically, just so you know. Also, after reviewing your sheet, I spotted a problem: you have the mighty feat listed, but not alternate power: strike. From here on out, unless you take that alternate power feat your mighty feat will not be accounted for at all.

Your burning flame sears through the air, impacting into Netheros's chest and flashing brilliant white!

And promptly fizzles out.

Netheros grins. "Pathetic. You're nothing but an amateur, aren't you. A real magician would have sensed I'd be immune to that, as I sense you're immune to my fire. No matter, I have alternatives..." His scales suddenly glow purple as his eyes shift from their original red to deep black.

He suddenly lunges forward and grabs you by the neck, lifting you from the ground and choking you. Make a grapple check, dc 50 (d20+melee atk bonus+strength modifier+size modifier [which in your case is a big ol' zero]).

Strainseir
2012-08-03, 12:07 AM
The power is stike but I added the line area of effect extra to it. If precise is not necessary then I guess I wasted a point.

[roll0] grapple

Julian84
2012-08-03, 09:09 AM
Strainseir: The power is hellfire control, which only allows for a blast equal to your power rank. Under the power feats menu for it you will see that they list strike, but you have to get it as an alternate power.

Netheros chuckles lowly. "You were fools to try and stop me." He smashes Soulfire into the ground. Toughness save, DC 43.

Julian84
2012-08-03, 09:12 AM
Strainseir: The power is hellfire control, which only allows for a blast equal to your power rank. Under the power feats menu for it you will see that they list strike, but you have to get it as an alternate power.

Netheros chuckles lowly. "You were fools to try and stop me." He smashes Soulfire into the ground. Toughness save, DC 43.

Julian84
2012-08-03, 09:13 AM

Strainseir
2012-08-03, 04:04 PM
Right now my toughness is at a +7 when counting the -2 so...

[roll0]

Strainseir
2012-08-03, 04:09 PM
Lets see how hard I fail

[roll0] double post sorry

If I am knocked unconscious dead or disabled I heal with no action so lets just roll now.

[roll1] dc 10 cannot fail

Julian84
2012-08-03, 05:59 PM
OOC: It's ok, I somehow triple posted.

Strainseir: You were knocked unconscious, but for our purposes you're stunned. So you lose your turn next round.

Stanleyindraven, it's your turn again.

Since I don't want this fight turning into a massacre or dragging on to long, I will give you a hint (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeaJ6UDO_j0). Make of it what you will.

Strainseir
2012-08-03, 11:45 PM
Soulfire just grins to Netherose,"Beat me all you like, but it will do you no good."

Julian84
2012-08-04, 01:59 PM
Netheros looks down at you disdainfully. "You forget, you're trying to stop me from escaping. It won't work very well if your teammates are all dead and you're busy regenerating your head after I rip it off."

stanleyindraven
2012-08-06, 07:18 AM
The Fist will leap at Netheros and attempt to pummel him using a Stun attack.
Attack
[roll0]
Stun is DC 15

Julian84
2012-08-06, 08:47 AM
Stanleyindraven: Your attacks have no effect on Netheros.

Argus is still within the museum.

Dienekes, take a bow.

Dienekes
2012-08-06, 04:46 PM
"We need to attack together, he's can negate all our attacks if we attack alone."

[roll0]
Damage: +15 for combined attack

Julian84
2012-08-07, 07:35 AM
Dienekes: As you spring forward to attack, Netheros laughs. "Give up! You cannot win-"

As you land a punch on him, another car sent by Karl rams into his back for another +5 damage.

The combined blows lifts Netheros off his feet! He comes back to earth and lands in heap. Slowly, he begins picking himself back up from the ground. Netheros is bruised and stunned.

Strainseir is stunned, so we skip him. Oh, make a dc 20 toughness check, that car kind of ran you over.

Netheros is stunned.

Stanleyindraven, take it away.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-07, 07:55 AM
The Fist will leap into the air and come crashing back down on Netheros, hopefully knocking him out as his fist buries into him.

Attack[roll0]

OOC: Is it possible to grapple him if this hits? and i have improved grapple

Julian84
2012-08-07, 08:50 AM
Stanleyindraven: You can either hit him or grapple him at this juncture. If you succeed in the grapple check, then you are allowed to do one of three things: Pin him, Throw him, or apply physical damage to him.

If you fail, he simply breaks the grapple and you lose your action.

Again, grapple checks are (d20 + Melee attack bonus + Strength modifier+ Super Strength modifier + size modifier [0 for you])

stanleyindraven
2012-08-07, 09:08 AM
Ok, well, I will opt for grapple as then I can control him with a pin.

Use my original roll? that would be 9+15+12=36
or if i need new roll [roll0]

Strainseir
2012-08-07, 07:24 PM
[roll0] I will not make the dc 20 check.

ok wow I did.

Julian84
2012-08-07, 07:38 PM
Stanleyindraven: You land on Netheros, scrabbling to hold him down. He snorts contemptuously and pulls you off his back, tossing you away.

Strainseir: You can thank your deity of choice that being run over didn't hurt you in any noticeable ways.

"Run away, little heroes. Run away and know that you are powerless to save this city from it's doom-"

A blast of red energy washes over Netheros's back. Argus stands tall on the steps of the museum, carrying an odd ray gun. "Warlord, Soulfire, TAKE HIM DOWN!"

Netheros has been bruised again. "RAAAARRRRHHH! STOP INTERRUPTING ME!"

Dienekes again!

Dienekes
2012-08-08, 03:49 PM
"Again, we need to hit all together," Joe yells with a degree of satisfaction as the situation finally started to look like they could win.

Combined Attack
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: +15

Julian84
2012-08-08, 10:34 PM
Karl grabs a rubber bullet gun out of the gyro and fires at Netheros!

Strainseir, do you attack with them, or opt to do something else.

Strainseir
2012-08-08, 11:24 PM
Soulfire will aid in the Attack with a mighty punch

[roll0] attack
+7 damage

Julian84
2012-08-08, 11:48 PM
Soulfire and Warlord charge at Netheros as rubber bullets ricochet off his scales, each of the three combatants landing blows on him!

You knock Netheros flying into the parking lot, smashing cars and sending alarms blaring. Slowly, Netheros rises from the wreckage, cracking his knuckles.

You've only bruised him again.

Netheros bares his teeth. "You know, I was willing to let you live."

He shoots a blast of hellfire at Warlord, who is unfortunately not able to dodge in time. Toughness save, DC 35 Dienekes.

"But I think I'll just send you all to hell. Starting with the wannabe god."

Strainseir
2012-08-09, 04:32 AM
Soulfire eyes Netherose and decides to try something," You know what. You cannot kill me, and in my weakened state I cannot do more then bruise you. This fight could possibly drag on till you die of old age, or until enough forces show up to take you down. How about we stop with the fighting and talk. There has been enough death today.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-09, 06:55 AM
The Fist will raise himself up with a leap at Netheros in an attempt to aid the others in an attack, once they are all ready to go.

Attack [roll0]
Damage +12

Julian84
2012-08-09, 07:06 AM
Strainseir: Roll a diplomacy check.

Dienekes
2012-08-09, 10:29 AM
Toughness

[roll0]

Seeing the bast of Hellfire shoot forward Joe had a moment to think that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to draw the attention of the giant demon when he was still essentially just a human.

As the flames enveloped him, all he could hear was the voice inside his head.

YOU'RE A DISGRACE, BEATEN BY THAT CREATURE.

Julian84
2012-08-09, 02:58 PM
Dienekes: The attack sends you flying, blasting straight through the gyro, reducing it to so much scrap. You finally land some yards away, burned and broken.

You are now unconscious and dying.

The spirit of Ares is not so easily vanquished. Joe has lost control, and as such for the next five rounds you have first place in the order of initiative, full health, another chance at the intimidate check, and 30 power points to spend as you see fit. At the end of which you will return to your very badly damaged state.

Kick his ass.

Strainseir
2012-08-09, 06:21 PM
Pitiful diplomacy check

[roll0]

Julian84
2012-08-09, 06:26 PM
Strainseir: Eh, could have been worse.

Netheros snorts, waving a hand at the flames consuming the gyro and Warlord's burned form. "I tire of this. I will let the rest of you live, but only because killing you would take too much time out of my day."

He hefts the jewels and walks away. "Begone."

Dienekes
2012-08-10, 01:15 AM
"No," Joe whispered weakly, "not again. Too weak to do anything but slip into unconsciousness he felt the hands of a god wrap around him, and the rage that had built up for thousands of years unleash itself.

A dark laugh rings out from the wreckage of the gyro. "FINALLY, I AM FREE!" As the smoke from the ruin cleared Warlord appeared standing, blood dripping off of him, and yet he seemed to pay it no heed. Instead he smiled, a vapid, insane smile. A godly aura grew around him and it appeared that something else was sharing the warlord's space, a being older, and more majestic and yet terrible.

"THANK YOU, DEMON. YOU HAVE DEFEATED MY WARDEN AND UNSHACKLED A GOD! FOR THIS I WOULD REWARD YOU. YOU WILL BE THE FIRST OF MANY TO FEEL THE SPEAR OF ARES AS I BRING WAR UPON THIS BLIGHT OF A WORLD."

Howling the mad god lunged at Netheros, and thrust the spear at the creature.

My 30 points are going 10 into Drain to max it, 12 are going into Improved Critical (Spear) so I crit on anything higher than an 8, and 8 are going into Dodge Focus making my Defense 23 (yes I just read about the Tough/Defense trade off thing, when I get more exp I'll need to capitalize on that and make my character less squishy)

Anyway all-out, power attack
[roll0]

I need an 8, of course I only roll a 7

Defense now at 18

Julian84
2012-08-10, 01:27 AM
Dienekes: From my calculations, you missed your crit this round. Oh well.

Seeing your attack, The Fist leaps into action as well. Your combined attack catches Netheros square in the back, sending him flying further into the parking lot, cars sent careening overhead.

He finally comes to a halt on the far side of the lot, having ground a pretty decent furrow into the asphalt.

Netheros is staggered and stunned.

Argus sprints down the steps, firing his ray gun at Netheros anyways. He manages to hit the hulking demon-man, but the distance dampens the effectiveness of the weapon. There doesn't seem to be any effect.

Karl just stares at the wreckage of the gyro and quietly weeps.

Strainseir, do you have anything to add? If not, we will be disengaging from combat.

4 rounds left, Dienekes. Do recall, as soon as it's up you're going to be in need of a hospital :smalltongue:

stanleyindraven
2012-08-10, 07:07 AM
"Well, do we find a way to restrain him or beat him into submission? I obviously cannot hold him on my own," The Fist says to 'Ares'. He has a look of confused fear as to what answer may come.

Julian84
2012-08-10, 07:27 AM
Oh and to be clear, you'll all have to take some form of move action to actually get to Netheros. You kind of knocked him out of the park so he is nowhere near you. You can't really see what's going on on his side of the parking lot.

Dienekes
2012-08-10, 10:54 AM
"GET OUT OF MY WAY, WHELP. A GOD HAS BEEN SLIGHTED BY A LOW BEAST, AND A GOD WILL GET HIS RETRIBUTION!"

Facing the direction Netheros Ares charges forward and leaps [Running jump is 10+Str=15, Jumping power increases this distance by x4 for a total of 60 feet I can jump to]

If Ares lands close enough to attack Netheros he does so
All-out, power attack[roll0], Damage is 20 (+5 if crit), Defense is at 18

If he does not he moves to a position where he can attack he just moves there, jumping if necessary.

Julian84
2012-08-10, 02:11 PM
Dienekes, it is still Strainseir's turn. Your actions for the following round have been duly noted though.

Strainseir
2012-08-10, 08:26 PM
Since Soulfire can only take a move ot a standard he just flies after Netherose.

Julian84
2012-08-10, 08:37 PM
Strainseir: You fly over Netheros, finding him groaning and trying to extricate himself from the ground. He's muttering something, but it's hard to tell what.

Dienekes: Ares flies over the parking lot and smashes into Netheros's back. The demon howls and slumps back down.

He is stunned again. You have three more turns before you revert to normal form.

Stanleyindraven, it is your turn.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-12, 11:15 AM
The fist will leap into action and land near Netheros, assessing the damage and situation. (Holding Action) He has a look of confusion and awe on his face.

Julian84
2012-08-12, 12:07 PM
Stanleyindraven: Netheros is pretty badly hurt now. He's still collecting his wits.

Karl and Argus run flat out to keep up with you three.

Strainseir, your turn

Strainseir
2012-08-12, 08:18 PM
Soulfire aids the crazed demigod in the assault.

[roll0]

+7 damage punch

Julian84
2012-08-12, 08:46 PM
Strainseir: There's no effect.

Dienekes, you're up.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-13, 06:44 AM
"You can't kill him, that isn't what a hero would do," The Fist exclaims. "We need information from him!"

Dienekes
2012-08-13, 12:27 PM
"SILENCE MORTAL, LEARN YOUR PLACE OR YOU TOO WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF OLYMPUS," the crazed deity snarled over his shoulder before turning back to his victim.

"THIS BASE CREATURE MOCKED ME, DOUBTED MY DIVINITY, AND LAID HIS HANDS UPON THE GOD OF WAR! I WILL ONLY SPARE HIM IF HE BEGS AND GROVELS AT MY FEET. SACRIFICING ALL HE HOLDS DEAR TO ASSUAGE MY WRATH, AS YOU MORTALS DID SO LONG AGO." Raising his spear he struck down once more upon his foe.

You know the drill, all-out power attacks Ares wants to turn this thing into a pile of mush.
[roll0], 20 damage +5 if crit, defense at 18.

Julian84
2012-08-13, 01:06 PM
Dienekes: As your blow falls upon Netheros, he weakly raises a hand.

"I yield. Mercy."

Dienekes
2012-08-13, 01:11 PM
Pointing the spear at Netheros' face, Ares snarled out a simple demand. "PRAY TO ME."

stanleyindraven
2012-08-13, 01:19 PM
"Okay, you heard him, he gives up. No more killing today," The Fist will say, readying himself for a fight.

Julian84
2012-08-13, 01:42 PM
Netheros laughs softly. "I'm admitting you exist when 2,000 years of recorded magical history says you should be dead. Be happy with what you- ahgh- get." He says, clutching his side.

"How are you here, Lord Ares?"

Dienekes
2012-08-13, 03:05 PM
OOC:
Hey Julian, is there any way for me to try and make a Will save or something to gain control of Ares again? Cause as it's going he's about to do something pretty stupid. If you rule no, of course I'll play it out to the end.

Julian84
2012-08-13, 03:53 PM
Dienekes: eh, you had only one turn left anyhow. Your god hood is revoked. Make a fortitude save to keep from passing out immediately.

Dienekes
2012-08-13, 05:06 PM
Fort
So the Fort Save, my money on Joe falls unconscious. [roll0]

Julian84
2012-08-13, 08:14 PM
Dienekes: Yeah, sorry. You're out.

Combat is over.

Warlord suddenly reels, collapsing on his side. "Oh. Oh dear." Remarks Netheros. "He probably needs to go to a hospital now."

Strainseir
2012-08-13, 11:49 PM
Soulfire sighs,"People are so fragile now a days. Now you mister Netherose, tell us what you know about Plasma or I will weak back up the demigod.""

stanleyindraven
2012-08-14, 07:04 AM
The Fist will move into action and move Ares over to the side so that he doesn't just slump onto Netheros and moves the spear out of Netheros' reach.

Julian84
2012-08-14, 07:31 AM
S/S: Netheros looks at you blandly. "Wake him up? I wasn't kidding, he's going to die in a few minutes."

Argus checks Warlord's vitals, looking back at you grimly. "He's right. Fist or Soulfire, only either of you can move fast enough to get him to a hospital on time. "

Netheros yawns blithely. "If it makes you feel any better, I promise not to attack. I yielded, that still means something in the circles I run in. Besides... if you let the only clue as to the whereabouts of the old gods die right in front of me... Well..." His eyes glint dangerously. "Let's just say we haven't evenbegun to tap into my full power."

Strainseir
2012-08-14, 08:32 AM
Soulfire flies over to snatch the unconscious warlord from The Fist."I fly rather swiftly. You stay here and question the hellspawn." Then he took off at full speed up till he spotted a hospital then to it.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-14, 09:37 AM
"I thought maybe Soulfire could have healed him here, but I guess I was wrong. As to you," The Fist looks at Netheros. "I would like to know if you have anything to do with what happened to Plasma."

Julian84
2012-08-14, 11:14 AM
Strainseir: You arrive at the Hospital, only to be surrounded by orderlies. A doctor runs up. "What happened to him?!"

Stanleyindraven: Netheros just sort of stares at you. "Heal? I guess there isn't a magical bone in your body, huh. That boy hasn't the slightest healing power in him." He suddenly stands up, his large scaly body rippling. He growls low. "One moment."

His horns suddenly melt away back into his skull, and his scales start dissolving into a coarse powder. He begins shrinking, until he completely reverts to a human form, completely hairless for as much as you can see. He's wearing an odd bodysuit. "That's better. My injuries are healed when I transform from one form to another." He coughs slightly. "As for Plasma, I had nothing to do with his disappearance. I woke up the day of the blackout, same as everyone else, and experienced it the same as everyone else." He pauses, then smiles. "Well, not exactly the same, but you catch my drift. I've just been looting as much as I can before I get out of town. A couple of heroes tried to put me down, permanently, but they got more than what they bargained for with me."

Argus glares. "If it wasn't you, then who did this?"

Netheros shrugs. "The only thing I know is that some two-bit thug named Danville is hiding out somewhere in the sewers, and that he was working for whoever made this happen."

He suddenly begins to fade, turning more and more translucent. "If there was anywhere to start in this city, it'd be there. Of course, you're kind of missing the real prime suspect here."

He suddenly turns fully invisible. "What if this was Plasma's work?"

stanleyindraven
2012-08-14, 11:40 AM
"Could Plasma do this willingly," The Fist will say quietly. "Danville in the sewers. Well then, looks like we have some dirty business ahead." He then looks at Argus and Karl. "We need to figure out where this Danville is most likely to hide, then we can get to the bottom of this. I guess Netheros can wait for another day then, but I am quite disturbed by heroes and villains openly killing each other."

Julian84
2012-08-14, 01:14 PM
To all: I'm moving into college over the next few days, communication will be limited. Thank you for your patience.

Stanleyindraven: Argus rubs his eyes. "The sewers are... huge. He could be anywhere. I'm going to get some maps of the sewers, pull up any information I can find on this guy, and see what I can make of it." He sighs. "And since I'll be walking to my office, this will probably take most of the night. You got a place to bunker down?"

stanleyindraven
2012-08-14, 01:21 PM
"If you need a lift just tell me where to, I can get us there shortly then seek the others at the hospital," The Fist will say with a smile.

Strainseir
2012-08-14, 07:40 PM
"This one was beaten down by the one named Netherose. Then he was possessed by an entity that claimed to be the god of war. Netherose seemed to believe him so he might not be crazy."

Julian84
2012-08-15, 05:51 AM
Stanleyindraven: Argus stares at you blankly. "We live in an office on the outskirts of town. About that-a-ways." He points southeast.

Strainseir: "Netheros, huh. And who the heck are you?"

stanleyindraven
2012-08-15, 07:05 AM
The Fist will grab Argus and Karl and leap off in the direction he pointed. "Hold on, won't take long."

Strainseir
2012-08-15, 09:14 AM
"My name is Soulfire. I believe that one is Called Warlord."

Julian84
2012-08-16, 06:58 AM
Stanleyindraven: *Insert their yelps of terror here.*

As you leap from building to building, Karl points downward. "THERE! IT'S RIGHT THERE!"

Strainseir: the Doctor gives you a look of sudden recognition. "I see. We'll do what we can for him."

Warlord is wheeled into an ER room, and the hall goes quiet.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-16, 07:35 AM
The Fist will silently land and drop off Karl and Argus. "Which way to the hospital?"

Julian84
2012-08-18, 11:35 AM
Ok, back to a normal update schedule.

Stanleyindraven: Argus nervously rearranges furniture. "Northwest. Can't miss it."

stanleyindraven
2012-08-20, 07:28 AM
The Fist then launches himself to the hospital.

Strainseir
2012-08-20, 08:02 AM
Soulfire waits patiently for The rest of the group to show up.

Julian84
2012-08-20, 10:18 AM
Stanleyindraven: In due time, you arrive at the hospital, now running on emergency power.

The sun slowly sets in the west. Night is falling.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-20, 12:02 PM
The Fist will look around for the presumably easy to find Soulfire.

Once found, "Argus and Karl are getting a layout of the sewers, looks like we may have to go without Ares, unless he gets up soon."

Strainseir
2012-08-20, 04:58 PM
Soulfire is floating about 15 feet from the doors as if there were a bed 10 feet in the air. He is not hard to find,"That sounds agreeable. In the meantime I shall try to use my self healing powers on others.

Julian84
2012-08-20, 05:51 PM
Strainseir: Unless you want to spend a hero point for a temporary alternate power, your regeneration stays to yourself.

Both: Argus and Karl will be busy working most of the night, so you might either want to find something to do or just rest.

Dienekes
2012-08-20, 09:33 PM
OOC: Hey, it's cool Strainseir me healing naturally. I should be a bit busy the next couple of days anyway. Just don't completely forget that I exist.

Strainseir
2012-08-21, 08:26 AM
Since eventually I want to buy the alternate power healing since I forgot to, I suppose I shall spend the hero point.

Soulfire goes to the bed of the one called warlord. If the doctors are still working on him Soulfire will force them away if he has to. Placing a hand on the injured god Soulfire channels all the energy he can pull up trying to draw the wounds of his new ally into himself,"Let the powers that have granted me new life be given to him if even for a moment. There has been enough death this day."

So temporary alternate power healing with the one extra that allows additional damage to be healed with the drawbacks of tiring and empathic. That comes down to healing 6 health categories for a dc 40 save from warlord that uses my 40 ranks spent in the temporary alternate power plus his con score.

Julian84
2012-08-21, 10:10 PM
Draw the wounds? Into yourself? As in, extraction?

Very, very poor choice of words.

Strainseir: Your attempt to heal Warlord interferes with the confinements surrounding the power of Ares, causing him to explode in red fire. You're blasted through a wall.

The emergency room is ruined too.

I'd have you roll toughness, but it's kind of moot. Anyhow, as you pull yourself up, you hear mocking laughter around you.

"That... was... priceless..." Netheros chuckles.

OOC: Since I basically just slapped you with a GM fiat, you can have the hero point back. I have my own plot in mind, so don't worry about Warlord. Also, you should be more careful with hero points, most GMs are really stingy with them.

Strainseir
2012-08-21, 10:27 PM
I was trying to be a bit more theatrical with the whole emphatic healing thing but ok.

Soulfire just sighed heavily. Hopefully no one else was hurt by another one of his blundering attempts at helping.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-22, 07:07 AM
The Fist will try to get close enough to see what more damage Soulfire had caused, and looking to help anyone unfortunate enough to be caught in the radius.

Julian84
2012-08-25, 09:23 AM
S/S: The emergency room is wrecked, but most everyone had the good sense to get out when Soulfire entered. Warlord is fine, beyond his pre-existing injuries.

Netheros is still giggling. You can't see him due to invisibility.

Julian84
2012-09-15, 08:48 PM
Hello all,

I'm pulling the plug on this campaign. In retrospect, PL 15 was way too powerful.

Have a good one, y'all.