PDA

View Full Version : Pounce (Ex) - Two Weapon Pounce (Feat) Question

LanSlyde
2012-07-10, 11:26 PM
From the SRD:

Pounce (Ex):
When a creature with this special attack makes a charge, it can follow with a full attack—including rake attacks if the creature also has the rake ability.

Also from the SRD:

Two Weapon Fighting:
When you are making a charge and wielding weapons in both hands, you can attack with both of your weapons. If you do so, you lose the bonus on attack rolls normally granted by a charge. The -2 penalty to AC from charging still applies.

My question is would Pounce render TWP obsolete.

I currently have a Goliath Lion Totem Barbarian 6 / Champion of Gwynharwyf 6 rolled up and before He see's game time I want to have this clarified so my DM can't get upset when I break his bbeg. Anyhoo, he uses two warmaces and as I stated above, I would like to know if Pounce would allow me to perform a full attack with both weapons or would I need TWP for that?

To be clearer, with pounce alone, would I be able to smack things 6 times (3 with one mace + 3 with the other) or would I require TWP to do that?

I'm leaning more towards the former. But I thought you guys might be able to provide some additional insight.

Siosilvar
2012-07-10, 11:32 PM
Pounce allows you to make a full attack. It does not allow you to make a full attack with all your weapons, just whatever you'd normally make if you stood still. You'd get 3 attacks plus whatever bonus ones you get from TWF, Haste, etc.

Two-Weapon Pounce isn't actually from the SRD, it's from PHB2 page 84. The wording is a little off, but I think it means that you get two attacks instead of the one you'd normally get. If that's correct, then it's redundant if you have actual Pounce.

Bloodgruve
2012-07-11, 07:16 AM
Like Sio said, pounce will give you the better option. May I ask where you're looking to get 6 attacks from, I'm seeing 3 from BAB and 1 from TWF? Or am I missing something.

Blood~

Malak'ai
2012-07-11, 07:34 AM
The only way I can see him getting 3 attacks from both hands is if you have the Greater TWF feat.
And by the way I read it, Pounce would allow it.

Ashtagon
2012-07-11, 07:41 AM
What they said.

Also, your full attack is 3 attacks with your primary weapon (two of these are iteratives), and one attack with your off-hand weapon. There is a separate feat chain required to gain iterative attacks with your off-hand weapon.

LanSlyde
2012-07-11, 11:26 AM
Like Sio said, pounce will give you the better option. May I ask where you're looking to get 6 attacks from, I'm seeing 3 from BAB and 1 from TWF? Or am I missing something.

Blood~

Yeah sry bout that, he's got the full TWF chain.

To the rest of you, thank you for the clarification. I thought it would end up being redundant, but I had to make sure.