PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon: A Game of Thrones: The Street Kid

Sam Fisher
2012-07-11, 04:05 AM
OOC: Most rolls are done in spoilers in this thread thanks. Others can be done in OOC thread. You'll need an agility roll try and steal the purse

The chilling breeze brought with it not the refreshing sent of the sea but the sour stink of the fish markets. The abandoned warehouse where the Barker gang had taken up residence was damp and cold but a better alternative than sleeping on the streets. Barker wasn’t a bad boss in his middle twenties he had gathered his gang of street urchins around himself and was living the gangster’s dream.

He sat on an over turned pallet and addressed you and the other younger children sat on the blood surround him in a semicircle.

“I’ve got a job for ya lot, n we’re all gona eat well tonight little brothers” he spoke in an uneducated street slang yet his body language spoke of a king. “There’s a big load of posh stuff coming to some toff in the high town. You lot are gona cause a distraction and Jak my boy gona nick what he can, the guy should have a fat purse of gold and it shouldn’t be too hard to nick when he’s distracted.” That was that not a perfect plan but it was a step above the usual bakery raids and merchants pockets to pick.

A few hours later as the weak sun shone overhead you and the rest of the lads found yourself watching a well-dressed courier in red silk surrounded by six well build guards in leather armour carrying heavy truncheons. This part of town was quiet the main street surrounded by alleyways where the rest of the gang was hiding.

“Now”” one of the bigger lads shouted and suddenly chaos erupts as the street kids start throwing their rocks and harassing the guards, the courier looks nervously around. A gap opens up as two guards try to whack at a skinny lad who came too close this is your chance, the merchants back is turned and you can see the bulging purse tied to his belt.

MintyNinja
2012-07-11, 10:45 AM
Silent as the shadows and as quick as the breeze, Jak thinks to himself as he approached from a blind spot. He ducked instinctively and a wayward stone passed just over his head. Two more steps and a grab. His heart racing in his chest, Jak makes his move.

Dex: [roll0]

Sam Fisher
2012-07-11, 11:59 AM
Sadly in the moment of haste Jak’s grab was off and the man turned aside however instead of the large purse of coins Jack found only in his hand a small shining ball half white and the other a dark metallic red. However he didn’t have time to consider his loot as the man spun back towards him and shouted for the guards.

“He’s stolen the Lords gift get him guards, GUARDS!”

However it took them time to recover from their earlier distraction giving you time to act before being caught.

MintyNinja
2012-07-11, 10:01 PM
"Damn," says Jak as the guards turn towards him. Seeing no hope of escape and either a long and painful imprisonment or a swift death in his future, he throws the strange item at the ground out of spite!

As the ball hit the ground it bounced up and a strange light shot at the ground in front of him. Jak blinked for only a second but where the red light aimed was a small, blue creature with a spiral chest marking. "Oh damn, oh damn, oh damn," Jak says as he realizes what he did. His thoughts of amazement are interrupted as the guards shout out, "Quick, get them both!" Jak looks to the blue creature and says, "Do something!"

Bubble
AC: [roll0] vs 2. Aiming at nearest guard.
Damage: [roll1]
Edit: 17 on AC means that guard has his speed lowered.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-12, 04:59 AM
I’m treating minor soldiers and the like as having Pokémon stats as the current system is limited on trainer combat. (Plus it’s much quicker to create them)

5 sp att vs 5 sp def = Damage 10.

The ball hit the floor releasing the Poliwag inside. It heard the young boy’s frantic cries and recognised the uniforms of the guards who had taken it from it's hope so brutaly. So it did it, it shot at the nearest one with a stream of bubbles, they exploded and he clutched his chest winded and in some considerable pain, the residue from the bubbles made it more difficult for him to move. The nearest guard to his injured comrade starts to make a move towards you but is still a little way off. The guard you hit moves towards you almost in swinging range of his sword.

The injured guard is two spaces away from you
The other guard is six

The other guards are further away dealing with the street kids who are trying to cover your escape. The courier is about eight spaces away but is trying to keep the guards between him and gang.

MintyNinja
2012-07-12, 09:45 AM
I guess this now the first round of Combat, eh? I don't know the initiative order, but here's both actions.

Amazed and shocked that the blue creature did as he asked, Jak felt it was time to step up. "Good, now do the same to the other one," he told it. His dagger seemed to materialize in his hand as he took a quick step towards the staggered guard and struck as hard as he could.

Knife
AC: [roll0] vs. 3

Bubble
AC: [roll2] vs. 2
Damage: [roll3]

Sam Fisher
2012-07-12, 12:26 PM
[roll0] vs 6. damage: [roll1] crit dmage + 8 = 20

Sorry about that yes you are both faster than the two guards. Order is You, Fin, guard, bubbled guard.

You dash forward to meet the approaching guard and you knife strikes for its target but sadly it is turned away by the trained fighter. Meanwhile your new partner seing the closest guard covered by you fired another stream of bubbles towards the new target. This one hits a little harder but the guard doesn’t stop his approach.

The guard you tried to stab swung for you with his truncheon.

He hit you hard across the face you saw stars but quickly recovered, a trickle of blood ran down you head and you hoped it was nothing serious.

The second guard was almost on you now just one space away from attacking your new pokémon friend.

MintyNinja
2012-07-12, 12:52 PM
Okay, time to get tactical. Jak: HP 24/44 Fin: HP 22/22

The taste of blood seeping into his mouth Jak realizes that he's in trouble. "Blue thing! Move this way and hit him again!" he says to his apparent partner. Jak quickly wipes his face and swings at his guard again, and he steps back to better protect the creature.

Jak
Knife: AC: [roll0] vs 3. Damage:[roll1]
Then moves so as to be in front of the pokemon.

Creature yet to be named (Fin)
Bubble: AC: [roll2] vs 2. Damage: [roll3]
Then moves back 2 spaces.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-12, 02:57 PM
Knife wound damage 8.
[roll0] vs 6. damage: [roll]1d10+11[roll]

The dagger slipped through the man’s armour and just saved him, but your efforts were rewarded by a scream and blood flowing from the wound. The man gripped his chest staring down on you with pure hate in his eyes now. “I’ll kill you” the little blue creature sends yet another stream of bubbles towards the quickly approaching guard the bubbles explode hitting their mark. In a shout of pain the guard fell over unconscious.

Seeing his partner fall and dripping with his own blood the first guard screamed and brought the truncheon down again.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-12, 03:05 PM
re-rolling damage against you [roll0]

MintyNinja
2012-07-12, 06:53 PM
:smalleek: Jak: HP 4/44 Fin: HP 22/22

Jak falls to his knees as his vision goes black, but he just holds on to consciousness. He picks up the undamaged ball with his left hand as he pleads with the blue creature in a hoarse whisper, "One more time! Take him down!" He regains his footing and regardless of the effectiveness of the creature's strange bubbles, Jak stabs at the guard for what may be the last time. His blackened dagger darting in with all the remaining strength he had.

Jak: AC: [roll0] vs 3. Damage: [roll1].

Fin: AC: [roll2] vs 2. Damage: [roll3].

Edit: If that SOB survives he's slowed some more!

Sam Fisher
2012-07-16, 06:10 AM
The frenzied guard looks down on the beaten child in triumph, but this was short lived as his eyes went wide at the dagger once again stabbing through his chest, the guard staggered back and was instantly hit by the creatures exploding bubbles, a gush of blood and a the guard fell back silent and very much dead.

This day had gone very wrong what had started as a simple robbery had now turned into the treason of carrying a Pokémon in a ball and now the murder of a nobles guard. Jak’s vision was blurry but your new friend supported you as you struggled to stay up. In the distance the shouts of the cities well-armed street guard grew ever closer. The courier pulled his remaining two guards to him and screamed for help and pointed towards you shouting murder.

You know from your street knowledge that the alley behind you leads to a maze of makeshift houses and other alleyways branching off in all direction.

Fin gained 100xp for the encounter

MintyNinja
2012-07-16, 10:45 AM
With the pokeball in hand, Jak taps the pokemon on the head, trying to return it. He then makes a limping run for the back alley way. He could still lose his pursuers in the maze if he could make it there first.

Want a roll?

Sam Fisher
2012-07-16, 11:27 AM
No i'm letting you get away.

Sleep: healed 15hp

The street guards were too late and you slipped into the maze and lost them. You and your new friend slipped into a little hidey hole and you slipped into a painful sleep with nightmares of the guard’s bloody face. Fin came out of his ball cuddling up to you for warmth.

The next morning you awoke feeling somewhat better but still battered. Fin returned to his ball and you snuck back quietly to the gangs hideout. You was about to reveal yourself when you over heard some of the lads talking.

“Ye 20 gold bounty for Jak, boss as got everyone out looking for him” said the skinny kid little older than ten.

The sudden dread hits you that your gang has abandoned you and will sell you out first chance you get. You know you have to leave but have very little to you name, you know you need money and that Barker had a decent stash in his room and he should be out this time of day.

MintyNinja
2012-07-16, 12:11 PM
When Jak awoke, sore and stiff in an alleyway, he found his new friend curled up next to him. His spiral pattern was covered by his finned tail being wrapped almost right up and around himself. "Guess I should start calling you something, eh? Well how about Fin, seeing as you have fins on your tail and without your help I would have been finished, heh." He returned Fin to his ball and made his way back to Barker's hideout.

------

Barker's got a stash in his room, I could maybe try and grab it while he's out, Jak thinks to himself. He tries sneaking over to Barker's room as quietly as he can, hopefully doing better than the day before.

Edit: The dice, they hate me!

Sam Fisher
2012-07-16, 01:18 PM
Try as you might to sneak into the room you stumble knocking over a small pile of boxes. The sound echoes around the room however the room was not as empty as you first suspected. You heard a faint growl and suddenly from the darkness stalks a small black dog. Its eyes burn with hatred as it sees you invading its owner’s territory. None of the gang knew Barker had a Pokémon.

The Pokémon looks ready to attack, behind it in a chest by Barkers bed you know lies his hidden stash.

MintyNinja
2012-07-17, 02:10 AM
"Bloody hell! I can't catch a break," Jak whispers as he lets out Fin. "C'mon Fin, let's deal with this one quickly."

Bubble:
AC: [roll0] vs 2.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-17, 10:24 AM
11 + your STAB = 12

12 – SpDef = 6

X 2 super effective = 12

The bubble hits with surprizing force making the small black dog yelp, however it quickly recovers and a low growl replaces its surprise at been hit so hard. The dog’s mouth suddenly glows with flames and a small ball of fire flies from it…

EMBER
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1] + 9 sp attack + 1 stab
Damage = 18 - 5 (spdef) = 13 /2 resist = 7
Despite the menacing look of the attack Fin take’s the hit well and stands ready to defend its new master.

MintyNinja
2012-07-17, 12:15 PM
I always forget STAB. Thanks.
Fin: HP: 15/22, Sp. Def: 5, Def: 5.

"Alright, looks like I have an advantage here. Fin, keep it up!" Jak says as he steps back behind his ally. This may be easier than I thought. Fin takes the hit with a wince, but continues his assault. He rolls forward and as he comes up again a torrent of bubbles stream out towards the dog with a vengeance.

Bubble: AC: [roll0] vs. 2. Damage: [roll1]
If he survives the 18 damage, his Speed CS is lowered 1.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-18, 05:08 AM
The bubbles explode again right on target the dog lets out a howl of pain soon falls onto its side unconscious from the large blow. The room seems silent now but you dare not linger long. The room is a simple one a large wooden chest is against the bed were you assume he keeps his valuables looted from. Near the bed there is all so a chest of draws and a wardrobe.

The room has a musty damp smell which you suspect comes from the old blue rug in the middle of the floor near where the dog fell. The room has a few old boxes in a corner which you remember to be some you all stole from a warehouse weeks before.

Fin gained 100xp from the encounter
10 base x 5 level x 2 trainer owned = 100 xp

It takes about five minutes to search an object using a Wisdom roll. However you are unsure how much time you have until you are discovered so be warned.

MintyNinja
2012-07-18, 11:39 AM
Fin leveled up! FYI, I've been keeping the sheet on the OOC up to date, so if you're ever in need of info, it should be there. I added the stat point to Fin's Sp. Att, as that's all he has right now. Also, he learned Hypnosis, so the next battle may be easier.

As the dog fell, Jak got to work. Moving as quickly as he could he snatched up the ring in the middle of the room and began to search the room. As he does this Fin's spiral pattern on his chest starts spinning slowly, hypnotically... Then it stops. Fin is excited about this new development and it seems like the blue pokemon can't wait to try out some new trick.

Searching in order:
Chest of Valuables: [roll0] <--Seriously?! What kind of criminal is this kid!
Chest of Drawers: [roll1]
Old boxes: [roll2]

Jak will better inspect the ring at a later time.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-19, 04:30 AM
Think you miss-read rug for ring sorry. I’ll assume you don’t try and take the rug however.

You quickly searched through the chest of suspected valuables; however all you manage to find is a small bag of gold coins (35). A silver necklace and a small bag with three small silver rings in. The most prized possession you find however are three small identical balls similar to the one Fin hides in. The floor of the box looks raised suggesting there may have been a secret compartment but you find no obvious way to open it and have no time to try and break your way through.

You leave the box quickly searching through his chest of draws; there are several changes of clothes which won’t fit you, a thick cloak that may come in handy if your travel anywhere cold. You almost give up the search as a bad job when you find a well hidden small wooden box. There seems to be no way to open it yet, the pattern on the front looks like a picture out of shape. The pieces of the puzzle can be moved around however you probably won’t have time to do this here.

You search through the old boxes quickly most are empty and what you find in the rest are ornate pieces of pottery, they could be worth a little but they would be hard to transport without breaking them. You find an old sack in the corer that your gang regularly use to quick grab loot in.

The puzzle box requires an INT roll of 15 to solve, a roll of 12-14 will reduce the puzzles difficulty by 1 each time, a roll of 1 or lower will make the puzzle even more scrambled increasing the difficulty.

MintyNinja
2012-07-19, 09:52 AM
I could have sworn that was a blue ring in the center of the room.

Jak takes the loot bag and uses it to carry his new found goods. The puzzlebox gives him a moment's hesitation but he packs it up anyway. Making sure he has everything he needs, and the means to obtain what he does not yet have, he tries to leave the hideout stealthily. When he finds a safe alleyway to hunker down in he makes an attempt at the puzzlebox.

Int: [roll1] I guess that makes it a 16 needed.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-20, 07:07 AM
The puzzle is no easier or harder to solve only on a roll of 1 or below will it get more mixed up. I forgot to mention that it takes about two hour to attempt the puzzle and can only be tried once per day as it mentally taxing.

Despite spending the last couple of hours of daylight trying to figure it out the small puzzle box yields none of its secrets, as you put it away you mind aching from the unfamiliar effort it looks no nearer solved. Your stealing from Barker will only intensify the gang’s search for you and this would be the perfect time to slip away. You have three real choices head north up to the other trade nations east to the forsaken lands of Lavender or try and gain passage on a ship. However you were born and raised here and knew little of other lands so your choice is a hard one.

MintyNinja
2012-07-20, 12:00 PM
Congrats on the job. My character sheet has been changed to reflect the new level. Took +1 Dex and Cripple. Also put the loot in the inventory.

With no more reasons to stay behind and the beginning of a headache starting to form, Jak took his ill-gotten goods along the road to the north. Once he was clear of the cities and the populous roads, he let Fin out to ride along on his shoulder. "You know what, Fin? I think it was a good idea that we got out of there. All this thieving and stealing is dangerous. Now that I'm out I could do anything, like be a farmer!" There's a brief pause where Jak pretends to daydream about being a farmer before he says, "Nah, I'll stick to what I know. Fast fingers and wary eyes."

Speaking of Wary eyes, once away from the cities, here's a Spot check for food or pokemon to battle: [roll0]

Sam Fisher
2012-07-23, 04:19 AM
Jak manages to slip past the city walls and gets well out of the way of the great port. Instead of using the busy large trade roads he takes some of the more scenic less used roads between villages. The night turns to an early morning and soon your stomach starts to growl in hunger. In the city it had been much easier to grab a free meal but now you wander in the countryside an all but alien place to you. You reach the top of a low hill and see in front of you a small village about a mile down the road. It is surrounded by small farms mainly growing grain.

You look around three small spiny rodent Pokémon are nibbling on some grass nearby. Two of these are blue while the third is a pink-purple colour with larger ears and more obvious spikes. They don’t seem to have noticed you as of yet. The only other thing you see is a bird with red wings a black back and a brown head and tail feathers. It is watching you closely with a nasty looking slightly hooked beak.

as a note the puzzle box is still 15 you needed to roll 1 or below to make it harder.

MintyNinja
2012-07-23, 11:22 AM
His stomach rumbling, Jak eyed the wild pokemon with a hunger. "Fin, let's try out that new move of yours against that bird." Fin rolls forward and gets the bird's attention with a high pitched chirp. As it looks at him, the spiral pattern on Fin's stomach starts turning, slowly and steadily.

Fin used Hypnosis: AC [roll0] vs 6.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-25, 07:56 AM
The Sparrows eyes suddenly turn heavy and it starts to drop into sleep.

Wake up roll
[roll0] vs 16

The sharp beaked bird falls asleep in front of you. The rodents quickly noticed you and started to make their way quickly away.

MintyNinja
2012-07-25, 01:05 PM
"Don't worry about them, Fin. We'll just handle the bird," Jak said as he walked up and struck the sleeping creature. "Use that bubble attack again."

Jak: AC: [roll0] vs 3. Damage [roll1]
Fin: Bubble: AC: [roll2] vs 2. Damage [roll3]

Sam Fisher
2012-08-02, 04:34 AM
Damage 9 – 4 = 5
Damage 13 – 3 = 10

Total = 15

You stab your knife into the bird and then move just in time for the bubble to explode against it and not you.

Wake up: [roll0] vs 14

However despite the damage the bird still sleeps on in a most unnatural slumber.

MintyNinja
2012-08-02, 05:52 PM
Good, that new trick seems to be pretty powerful, Jak thought to himself as he stabbed at the bird once again. "Another Bubble, Fin!"

Jak: AC: [roll0] vs 3. Damage [roll1]
Fin: Bubble: [roll2] vs 2. Damage [roll3]

Sam Fisher
2012-08-03, 04:47 AM
Wow you were lucky to hit both of them attacks.

The bird falls to the ground no longer asleep but knocked out its breath is slow but it is still alive. The poor thing is still alive but barely if you wanted to take its life fully it would require just a quick throat slit.

MintyNinja
2012-08-03, 02:08 PM
Jak bends down and hesitates only a moment before cutting the birds throat. He wasn't in the city anymore, and he needed to eat. Past the point of no return he begins plucking feathers and readying the bird. Once its blood had been drained and feathers plucked, he set about making a fire pit. During this time, Fin waddled around munching on grass to keep it's appetite sated.

About two hours later the sun has fully risen and most of the bird had been eaten. Jak had made another attempt at the puzzle box, as well. To no avail.

Int [roll0]

XP for Fin? and I guess Jak will keep roaming northward. Should have enough meat to keep his stomach from rumbling until tomorrow.