PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon: A Game of Thrones: The Miner's Son

Sam Fisher
2012-07-11, 04:08 AM
OOC: Most rolls are done in spoilers in this thread thanks. Others can be done in OOC thread.

The morning had barely managed to wrestle control from the dark of night when a heavy footstep on creaking wood awoke you from your slumber. Even in the poor light of morning your father’s silhouette was unmistakable. He had a miner’s physique and a dark bronze beard that was just starting to mix with the silver of age. Usually a happy go lucky kind of guy today he wore a look of dark dread.

Aegis awoke at the sound of the man’s voice and was tense sensing the tone of the simply furnished room. He slowly made his way out from under the bed where he had been sleeping.

“My Son, we must talk…” the seconds of silence seemed to stretch out a millennia but he went on as if the conversation was the last thing he wanted to have. “It is the Lords they are building and army they want man power and Pokémon” he looked down at his son smiling slightly with his lips only.

“I doubt they will call you up it is no secret that you lack a soldiers physique and you are still young. However one day once your healers training is complete maybe then they will want you, but that is not why I’m here”

His cold stare turned down to the small Aron. “However your Pokémon is quite rare in these mountains and once grown is a prized creature of our land”

“I know only too well how you have bonded together; they will take him from you unless you hide him.” The man reached into his coat and pulled out a small shining ball. With only a light tap it grew to the size of his hand. “Hide him and let no one know you have this, it is a crime but I won’t allow them to split you too up”

With that he held out the Pokeball to his son.

Asdfth
2012-07-11, 05:16 AM
"Thank you father I will do by best to protect her. Aegis" He calls for her as he takes the Pokeball from his father. "Aegis for your sake and protection I need you to get in the ball." Aegis look at the ball and Reginald it seem to have sense something wrong as it noticed Reginald wasn't smiling but a sense of sadness wash his face.. "Please if you don't go in you will die and we will never see each other again." The aron walks toward the ball and tap it. "Thank you very much father. I will do my best to protect Aegis."

Sam Fisher
2012-07-11, 05:27 AM
Your father cracks a small smile as the Pokémon disappears into the ball. “Just remember to keep that hidden” he turns and walks out, shortly after you hear the front door shutting as he set out for an early start in the mine. It is still early but you know old man Darean the town’s healer who has taken you as an apprentice will be up mixing herbs.

Asdfth
2012-07-11, 05:34 AM
Reginald gets up and puts on his clothes. He then places the pokeball in his pocket. He then sets off on his on to his master, Darean.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-11, 06:01 AM
The town is almost deserted at this hour you pass a few of your fathers co-workers setting out to the mines themselves but few other people are around you see no sign of any soldiers that your father had warned you about. It is only a short walk to Darean’s house, just before you knock the door opens and the old man gives a start of surprise.

“Ah Reginald my lad good I was just coming to get you” his toothless grin split his face but even so you detect a hint of worry in his eyes. For an old man he has a strong physique however frail he tries to act. “The bitter weed grows well at the moment, it should have just started to flower up near the north mine, could you gather me some it will make strong antiseptic and pain paste.”

The north mine is well known to you, the last you have heard it is where your father’s crew was looking for Iron.

“We’ll continue your lessons when you get back”

Asdfth
2012-07-11, 06:09 AM
"No problem master I shall make haste" Reginald once again heads off but this time to the northern mines in search of bitter weed..

Sam Fisher
2012-07-11, 06:55 AM
Roll a wisdom check. You find your roll + Modifier in bitter weed.

You arrive at the mine entrance and notice growing around the rocks various kinds of weeds that do well clinging to the rocks. You know from your studies the kind you are looking for and begin your search.

After an hour or so you are sure you have exhausted your search and have only left the undeveloped plants to grow and colonize the rocks anew. You learned early only to take the plants you needed so give them time to grow back. A noise of heavy footsteps alerts you to the presence of a small company of Cerulean Soldiers their uniform were of chainmail with their nation’s tabard showing mountain on a blue background. They carried sheaved swords and their office’s helmet was decorated with two blue feathers.

“That’s the boy” said a youngster following them. You recognise him as a trouble making lad called Jimmbo who has been a bane in your young life for as long as you can remember. “He’s the one with the metal Pokémon following him about”

The office dismounted from his brown horse looking you up and down. “Well boy is this true? Where is your Pokémon the high lord demands them for his army? If the one that follows you is as tame as I’m led to believe it will be a fine addition to the Cerulean’s forces”

Jimmbo grinned he had always been jealous of you for having Aegis as a friend.

Bitter Weed: Heals 2d12+10 HP when eaten. Bitter Flavour. Value: 1 gold will go rotten after three weeks unpreserved.

Asdfth
2012-07-11, 07:23 AM
As he arrived there he went to work immediately and starting looking for bitter weed.
[roll0]
Whilst working he heard the loud clanging of the armor. He turns to Jimmbo and the soldiers. He answers to officer "Yes but the information Jimmbo is only half correct. It is true I use to have a aron follow but that the key word is use to. You see she ran away just recently. I was near the border finding some herbs and something I can assume from the Lavender nation had done something to her she was quite insane and almost to the point of being a threat. So I drugged her and put her back in the mine. Now she may or may not be crazed but I don't care to find out. Now my master needs me back with these bitter weeds so good day." After picking some bitter weeds he sets off to Darean

Sam Fisher
2012-07-11, 08:00 AM
Roll a Charisma check to see if he detects you're lies
Officers Wisdom check: [roll0]

The officer listens to your story trying to see if this charismatic youth is being truthful. His men await his command whether or not to stop you from leaving.

Asdfth
2012-07-11, 08:29 AM
I failed it
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13535349&postcount=3

Sam Fisher
2012-07-11, 04:32 PM
Mega Punch AC: [roll0] Damage [roll1] EDIT: CRIT + 28

The guard watched the boy turn to leave but suddenly saw through the deceit. “Wait right there lad something about this doesn’t add up” the other soldiers moved blocking your path one stepped near you reaching an arm out to grab you. The situation looked hopeless however as he stepped near you he suddenly looked down.

A ball similar to the one your father had given you but a dark yellow and black rather than the red you owned. A second of puzzlement was broken as the ball flashed and a massive stone rhino standing on its back legs burst out and slamming its large stone fist into the guard.

The Soldier fell to the floor unconscious the blow had been a luckily hit catching him square in the face. The creature let out a large roar the other guards hesitated. Behind you came your father his pick axe wielded as if it was a battle axe, he pushed you roughly behind him. The soldiers had recovered and officer reached for his own Pokeball.

“Son, I have no time to explain I’m sorry I’ve got you involved in all this but I need you to run, go to the healer he’ll help you”

The soldiers charged forwards at the officer’s command, from his hand fell a ball and from it rose a four armed monster made from rough rock it roared in defiance back at your fathers rhino.

“Run I’ll be fine but you have to leave now!”

Asdfth
2012-07-11, 04:50 PM
Reginald was shock to such a massive creature and it's power that his father had he nodded at him. "Thank you father." Reginald set off to Darean's he ran as fast as his legs could take him.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-11, 05:08 PM
You get over your shock and reluctantly leave your father to face the officer and his guards. However he is only able to keep so many at bay as you are half way to down town one of the younger soldiers starts after you. It doesn’t take long to get to your mentor’s door but your pursuer despite his armour his right on your tale. You burst through the door without knocking your breath heavy. Darean took one look and before you had time or breath to explain bolted the door.

“What has happened?”

Almost in answer a heavy rap at the door followed as the soldiers shouted through the heavy wood.

“By order of the High Lord open this door” a heavy pounding barely shifted the well-made wood but it wouldn’t hold him forever.

The old man watched the door for a few moments before turning back to you.

“Tell me quickly”

Asdfth
2012-07-11, 05:15 PM
Reginald gasp for air as he tries to explain."I was gathering bitter weed then Cerulean soldiers came up to me. Jimmbo has told them about Aegis and they wanted to take her. I tried to lie but they caught on. My father came to my rescue and told me to run to you.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-12, 04:44 AM
As you spoke the old man studied you carefully noticing the bulge in your pocket and the lack of your Pokémon following you around. His face grew dark at the mention of your father getting involved.

“I told him it was a mistake, but what has happened has happened. What has transpired is deeper than you think, treason most likely will be shouted but we knew that when he started this…” he stopped rambling as a crash came at the door.

“I have more than once owned your father my life and now I finally get to repay him”

He pointed to a large travel bag under his work table. “Take that and my walking stick and you’ll find a trap door under the rug go quickly and leave this village, in fact leave Cerulean”

His face turned sad he stepped forward and embraced you in a hug, “I’m sorry it has come to this but stay safe”
The old man's grip felt firm. What secrets he and your father shared would have to wait for another time.

Asdfth
2012-07-12, 06:02 AM
"Thank you I hope and pray you and my father will be safe." Reginald hugs Darean back. He takes the bag and walking stick and goes to the trap. He turns to Darean before leaving "Thank you for everything." He then sets off into the trap door and runs off yet again.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-12, 06:28 AM
And so the adventure begins

Your mentor says no more and you begin your decent. Halfway down you hear a loud hiss from above and then a scream. You don’t recognise it as the old man’s voice but you can’t be sure.

You find yourself in a tunnel not unlike the mines your father frequently visits. There is a path to the north that you know is roughly the direction of the mountains that separate your people from the dark nation of Lavender. The other path seems to head south towards the nation of Saffron, however you know from the lay of the land that it will most likely come out a lot before then most likely near the border.

On the wall opposite burns a torch that must have been replaced every couple of days. It was held with a metal holder but could easily be removed and carried. Around the area you can see little else there are four red and orange mushrooms growing from the ground near the torch but you don’t recall ever using them in your healing lessons. To the north you hear the light screeching of bats.

Asdfth
2012-07-12, 07:00 AM
Reginald looks around and takes the torch. He knows of the horror of Lavender town and hope that will scare his pursuers. He releases Aegis from her ball. "Lets go this way girl" He and and Aegis go north towards Lavender town.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-16, 06:38 AM
Make three Wisdom rolls to see if you notice anything around you.

You walk through the darkness your torch creating an eerie bubble of light around you and your Pokémon. Strange small blue bats blind to the light ignore you as the sleep atop of the cave roof. Every now and again a large one with piercing eyes flees away from the fire. After a while you see the cave appears to be lit in front of you, however the light seems to move, various sources wink out and the light again. The light show is still quite far ahead of you giving you time to make up your mind.

Asdfth
2012-07-16, 11:46 AM
"Darn they found how did they now? "C'mon Aegis return we need to flee." Reginald return Aegis and went back to the back to the cross road.
[roll0] perception 1
[roll1] Perception 2
[roll2]

Sam Fisher
2012-07-16, 12:54 PM
You turn to run the other way but are startled by a sudden glow only a few feet behind you, you watch as the strange creatures seems to swim past you. It appears to be a small white fish glowing in yellow light. The creature swims through the air around the torch giving it a strange look and is soon joined by two of its friends circulating around your torch.

You notice a medium sized boulder move slowly shielding its eyes from the bright light; you recognise it as a round rock Pokémon with a couple of stone arms that lives around the mountains. It tries to ignore you and the annoying light of the Pokémon flying around you.

Asdfth
2012-07-16, 01:25 PM
Reginald exhales a sigh of relief when he sees the fish instead of soldiers. "Oh hello there little guys you scared me. he notice they are enticed by the torch. "Ah you like this light. He then noticed the rock shielding it's eyes. Reginald lets out a small chuckle which left him relief after which has transpired. "I think someone would disagree with you fella. He then resumes going forward towards Lavender town.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-17, 10:09 AM
You’re still a decent way of getting to the nation of Lavender, unlike the game each place is a whole nation with one capital, several towns and lots of villages.

You carry on your merry way ignoring for the most part the creatures that inhabit the cave. As you walk through the large collection of electric fish they spin around your light but most quickly lose interest only two decide to follow you deeper into the cave. You know it is roughly a two weeks walk through your normal rout to Lavender but through these unfamiliar caves you can’t be sure. The rest of the day passes fairly uneventful but soon both yours and you Pokémon’s energy starts to drain, you feel a deep hunger and you even hear a small rumble from Aegis stomach saying she too wanted to eat. She looks at the small rocks around and notices a few that would make a nice meal but is unwilling to eat until you too decide it is time to rest.

Asdfth
2012-07-17, 11:35 AM
"Ahh your hungry as well Aegis don't worry I am sure Darean gave me food. Reginald then takes out the bag and looks through the content. "Ahh meat rations that can satisfy my hunger. So go eat Aegis Reginald then ate one of his rations and explores the content of the bag while Aegis was eating rocks. "Ahh Darean is such a nice man and a great master. Oh a book on mountain plants. That will be useful. Now why would he give me his walking stick though?" He then looks closely at the stick.
[roll0] Perception on the walking stick.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-18, 05:37 AM
You sit down and examine the walking stick while you Pokémon chews her way through some tasty slag. Now you try and reason out why you keep getting a warm feeling the walking stick seems very normal, you assume your earlier feeling were probably just your imagination. You notice that the bag was full of useful items for survival as well as three empty balls. The old man and your father held some deep secrets but it will be some time before you can go back and discover them. As you eat one of the rations the strange flying fish Pokémon come close but as they dislike meat swim quickly away.

The smell of food dose attract some unwanted attention however. From the shadows crept three feral looking rats, they eye you cautiously but see you as no threat. Your Pokémon notices them first and sees there intension and lets out a quick shout to warm you.

You are faster than them being a trainer but they are faster than you Pokémon. Currently they are twelve spaces away from you down the cave.

Asdfth
2012-07-18, 08:32 AM
"How unfortunate they seem to want some food." Reginald takes one of his rations and throws it at them. "This should keep them calm Aegis. Let us go away to not intimidate them." Reginald takes his things and sets off with Aegis.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-18, 09:03 AM
The frenzied rats dive on the food and soon start fighting between themselves over the meat. This gives you and Aegis plenty of time to slip away and walk on further through the darkness.

However after about half an hour you hear the scurrying of tiny feet behind you. After gaining the food so easily the pack of rats had returned with two new members in toe. The five of them approached rapidly following the slightly larger lead rat with a chunk missing out of its ear. The two fish type creatures still floated calmly around you uninterested in the goings on of walking creatures.

The lead rat is about eight spaces away the others are in a line about two paces behind him.

Asdfth
2012-07-18, 09:22 AM
"Alright Aegis I tried to avoid this but we must fight. If we take down the big one the smaller ones should run away." Aegis goes in front.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-18, 09:35 AM
Yay, I thought I might have had to make you stave before I baited you into a battle.

The rats slowly advance unprepared for your Pokémon to come ready to your defence.

The lead rat runs straight for the small metal Aegis and delivers a tackle.

AC:[roll0]target: 3+2(evasion)

Damage: [roll1]

However the hit bounces off the Aron's hard shell with no damage.

The other rats move up closer to within three spaces behind the lead but dare not come closer after the leaders failed attack.

Asdfth
2012-07-18, 09:40 AM
"Alright Aegis give it a tackle." Aegis tackles the leader
[roll0]3+Def
[roll1]

Sam Fisher
2012-07-18, 09:47 AM
erm i belive that tackle's damage is 2d8+6 + attack

Asdfth
2012-07-18, 09:52 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13575809&postcount=11
Sorry I was thinking of a different move I re-rolled in OOC.

Sam Fisher
2012-07-19, 04:38 AM
The small Aron back away slightly and then delivers a tackle of its own, its hard metal head slams hard into the lead rat catching it by surprise it falls to the ground knocked out. The other rats pause briefly and then two of them jump in at once delivering lighting fast attacks.

Quick Attack
Ac:[roll0] vs 2+2
Damage: [roll1]
- Def + Attack = -5 = 13 Damage

Quick Attack
Ac:[roll2] vs 2+2
Damage: [roll3]
- Def + Attack = -5 = 7 Damage

Both hits impact well dealing considerable damage to the Aron however the other two rats are now behind the first two but are on the point of bolting as fear slowly creeps through the group.

Asdfth
2012-07-19, 10:26 AM
Aegis takes some damage but her natural armor helps resist it. She responds by tackling another rat.
[roll0]3+DEF
[roll1]

Sam Fisher
2012-07-20, 06:44 AM
The steel and rock armour are a formidable barrier and the rats’ assault gives little damage. The small metal creature asserts its strength again. One of the rats that had just hit the Aron falls back with its comrade unconscious to the world. However were they normal rats they would have run, these stayed aggressive and continued to approach. Their eyes looked feral, froth dripped lightly from their mouth. It was an illness you were unaware of. However suddenly your thoughts were dragged away from the rats as a strange sensation entered your head.

‘Ah I find you at last…’ it was a booming voice in your head it reminded you of age and earth. You felt a strange pull inside your head almost as if it was your soul been looked over by unseen eyes. ‘ah … Healer, this is your minds name… I am known as Old One' the three remaining rats again attacked swiftly trying to take your little Pokémon down by force and numbers.

AC: vs 2+2
Damage: [roll0] /4
Damage: [roll1] /4
Damage: [roll2] /4

‘They Suffer front Blood Rot… ’ the voice was more than a voice it carried emotions and in this a sudden dark sadness passed between the bond. A short time passed but still you could feel the presence of the mind like a great weight almost a headache. ‘Have heart my children come Healer’

Asdfth
2012-07-20, 09:17 AM
Reginald hears the voice boom in head. "Oh these rats are ill and are fighting due to this what a tragedy. Though if we knock them out we can have a chance to heal them Aegis give them another tackle.

[roll0]3+DEF
[roll1]

Sam Fisher
2012-07-23, 03:56 AM
A third rat falls to your Pokémon’s onslaught. One rat backs away a few steps at the sight of another of its comrade’s fallings. The closest one carries on the fight dealing another quick attack against the iron hard armour.

AC: [roll0]vs 2+2
Damage: [roll1]/4

The attack hits dealing a somewhat decent hit but the defence of the Aron is nigh impossible to break.

Asdfth
2012-07-23, 04:49 AM
"All right Aegis give the rat that attack you a tackle. Aegis charges at the rat that attempted to hurt it.
[roll0]3+Def [roll1] If crit [roll2]
Speak of the devil though I probably killed the rat :smallfrown:

Sam Fisher
2012-07-23, 06:36 AM
The impact of the Pokémon’s strong iron head flings the attacking rat backwards. Its squeak of a cry fades away and as slim trickle of blood drips from its mouth. Its breathing stops and it lies cold and dead, an unfortunate occurrence but little could have been done to stop it. The rat that held back watches its dying former comrade and then pounces on the corpse to feast. It is not a nice sight but before you can think more on it the voice returns. ‘It’s death saddens me, but it is better than the living hell of blood rot. Healer we come to you…’ despite the ominous words you nether see nor hear any others in the dimly lit tunnel, the sight of blood had finally driven the fish away they fled back the way you came their lights dim.

Asdfth
2012-07-25, 04:38 PM
"NO Reginald calls as Aegis hit and killed the rat. "We lost a potential patient though we must go on." Reginald looks at the unconscious leader. "Aegis can you do me a favor and retrieve the leader with a damaged ear." Aegis goes to retrieve the unconscious body of the leader. "Hmm the fish were afraid though that is alright. Alright Aegis let us go on our journey." Reginald and Aegis go forward.

Sam Fisher
2012-08-02, 04:29 AM
Suddenly through the darkness comes a multitude of vines. The quickly grab the four live rats and pull them back into the darkness down the cave. ‘My children…Follow my children to me young healer’ Further down the cave the path splits into two separate ways however you see the rats been dragged into a low tunnel one that you would have to crawl through. Again the voice in your head beckons you to follow. However the voice is but a suggestion and if you choose can carry on town ether of the two other paths.

Asdfth
2012-08-02, 05:12 AM
Reginalds follows the vines to the tunnel"Alright Aegis lets go down the tunnel. I'll go first then you can follow. He then gets on his hands and knees and crawls through the tunnel and Aegis follows him.

Sam Fisher
2012-08-03, 04:44 AM
Crawling through the narrow tunnel you emerge at a breath taking sight. The bright sun light shining overhead blinds you slightly, you have come to a strange large grassy area surrounded on all sides by the walls of the mountain. However the massive cave room dose have a roof but floating by it is a large flowing orb of light and head creating a very strange area of rich plant life and even a few trees.

Around there are many tortoises looking Pokémon the smaller one with small twigs coming from their head and the larger ones with bushy leaves coming from their back. You notice the rats been dragged towards a great hill in the centre of the clearing. However suddenly you realise that it wasn’t a hill. The great Pokémon moves standing up almost creaking the earth around it. It’s size in immense and it turns to face you.

The voice again booms in your head and you know it can come from no other than the great beast standing before you. However once you look past it’s majesty the cracks begin to show. The leaves on it’s great tree are sparse and black, the right side of its jaw is cracked and a strange painful redness inflames the area. All along its shell similar cracks are apparent.

‘Welcome healer... my children led you to me ... rest now you are tired ... we offer all ... food ... water ... shelter’

The large creature suddenly seemed to ignore you turning to the flinching rats. Great vies rap around the small creatures and with a painful roar strange red energy drains up them towards the great mountain beast. The redness drains from the rats eyes but even has you watch in horror the Tortoises shell cracks again on its back.

Even as you studied the technique you knew that the magic flowed through your veins to attempt it. Suddenly the beast turned it’s head to you.

‘No... Do not attempt what I do ... this power you can use to heal ... but do not attempt it on the blighted ones ... to do so is to sacrifice yourself ... I am old and the choice is mine ... but you are young ’

It gave an audible sound of fatigue and spoke slightly

'I sleep ... rest well and later I will speak more'

With that the great beast collapsed onto the ground its children worryingly fussing around it. From them you sense none of the intelligence and will power of their father.

Looking around you notice several fruit trees baring apples and other fruits a water fall poring with seemingly clear water and in the distance a natural hot spring steaming with relaxing warm water.

Asdfth
2012-08-03, 05:10 AM
Reginald stands in awe of such a magnificent site that which he holds before him and even Aegis stood in awe. He looks at the giant green tortoise and stares with such glory at the beast but also in horror of the damage it has. "I humbly accept the offer of shelter, food, and water but, please let me treat your wounds though I am still a novice at the craft let me try and mend your cracks and sores." Reginald goes and relaxed in the hot spring for a little bit then gather some fruit, and water. He eats some of the fruit and drinks the water. Then he looks around in his bag and finds the book of mountain plants. Trying to find any that could be used to treat the great turtle.

Sam Fisher
2012-08-03, 05:23 AM
edit sorry i've cut you off half way through what you planned to do but i really didn't want to miss this opporunity to intoduce this character. You still need exp for your battle but i'm on a differnt computer today and dont have my notes. but dont worry i wont forget.

‘NO!’ the force of the voice in your head is deafening a head ache threatens to break. ‘No... Healer ... I will talk more later, but this blight cannot be healed only passed’

The great beast sleeps and many of its children settle down around it, the glowing false sun dims slightly but still let out pleasant warmth akin to the setting of the real sun. You relax in the hot springs the weariness of your walk and travels washes away from you nearby Aegis sleeps but not close enough to risk falling in has his kind aren’t suited to swimming.

You almost start to drift off when you hear light footsteps and then to your horror the sound of a feminine voice. Just behind you standing by your discarded clothes is a young girl, even for a country girl she would be considered ill kept. She was perhaps twelve in age although it can be hard to tell around that age, her blond hair was a wild mess behind her, she wore a discoloured blouse which may have once been white and a pair of peasant style farmers leggings which most young boys wore. However she was pretty in a rough kind of way and her pale skin was somewhat dirtied from the travels.

“Who are you then?” she asks innocently a smile of amusement splitting her face. Luckily the bubbling of the spring goes some way to preserve your modesty.

Asdfth
2012-08-03, 05:45 AM
"Oh I am sorry I didn't know that someone else lives here. My name is Reginald and that is Aegis. Reginald points to Aegis his Aron.