PDA

View Full Version : 'Opportunity Knocks' IC.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-11, 11:33 AM
The atmosphere has a general aura of excitement. This happens every few months, but the nobles meeting was a parade of sorts for the fisherman. The nobles do their best to make a show of the river crossing in each of their personal boats. Naturally Lord Sushon and Lady Grassrunner are the crowd favorites with brightly decorated and colorful designs. Others seem to be making somewhat of an effort to match that image, but not much. Many of the ships produce an aura of dignity and power.

Meanwhile, inside one of the many in-town taverns, it may as well be any other day. The usual tenants are drinking casually. A few of the stupider or richer citizens are playing blackjack and liars dice. The usual drunks are passed out in a puddle of their own vomit in the corner.

((Okay, introduce yourself wherever you want to be.))

Asmerv
2012-07-11, 12:15 PM
The beer is especially ****ty today. Not surprised though. After all, a stupid human must've brewed it. Meh. I'd rather drink this than to touch the crappy excuse for a mead they serve.

Can't stand being outside the tavern anyway. Not today. Bunch of idiots in a festive mood... for what? Celebrating other people's riches? People that are rich thanks to their labors. Fools, all of them.

Well, I guess it's time for another beer. Running low on coin too, gotta replenish that soon.

"Hey, another mug of ale here!"

Solipso
2012-07-11, 12:39 PM
Sitting in a dark corner of the tavern, i play absently my flute, trying to listen to the people's discussions in search of interesting news.

"I don't care about the boats parade: is such a poor thing, compared to the wonders of parties and banquets i had when i was with the Fairy Folks. I at least hope the innkeeper will offer to me some wine for my music!" i think, looking at the other customers.

The black wolf by my side bites some poor-quality pieces of meat, while sways his head following the rhytm of the song.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-11, 04:37 PM
@Asmerv: The bartender obliges and slides a mug full your way. Of course, he adds the additional charge to a scrap of paper.

@Solipso: A number of patrons are impressed enough by your playing that they toss a few coins your way. One kind patron even tosses half of a steak to your wolf.

Total amount: 7 Copper pieces and 3 silver.

Eric Scott
2012-07-11, 06:11 PM
I sit alone at a table... Anyone want to arm wrestle? says head 1. I can take two people on at once. says head 2. And Barkeep... I'll have a mug of ale. both heads say in unison. ((Just to be clear, I am ordering 2 mugs of ale... one for each head.))

inexorabletruth
2012-07-12, 07:58 AM
August's steel colored eyes remain transfixed on the boats as his horse, Johann, blows then shifts his weight. With minimal motion, August pats his steed's neck, then addresses his father. "The pageants have been going on longer than expected lately. It would seem the nobles feel a special need to display their feathers this year." He let's the implication of unpublicized political unrest go unspoken as his father looks from one boat to the next, comparing them to the performance of his own ruling duke, Lord Tunson.

August waits for a reply, but after receiving none for several seconds, he decides that his father isn't in the mood for idle banter. "Shall I accompany you to greet the Duke after he docks?"

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-12, 11:42 AM
@Eric Scott: The bartender hands to mugs to a waitress and she delivers them to you. Meanwhile two drunk, but slightly larger than average fellows have made their way to the table. "We'll tashe that bet!" One slurs out. "How mush you wanna put on it?"

@Inexplorabletruth: Your father considers your words for a moment. "No. I'm not quite satisfied with your political training as you are. Soon but not today. Here." He hands you a purse of thirty silver pieces. "That should get you through a relatively fun day in town." The closest thing in your sight is a bar with a sign proclaiming "Pints of Ale, 1 copper piece!"

Solipso
2012-07-12, 12:18 PM
I pick my coins, thanking gratefully the crowd, while Faerydae jump on the steak.
Suddenly, my attention is captured by the three big men betting on arm wrestling.
"What the..."
i think, at the sight of the two headed man.
The other two guys are to drunk to have a chance to win, and the monstrous one seems...well, monstrously strong. The future is such foregone that putting my money on this gamble will be boring.
"What an interesting twist! I'll offer two beers to whoever will win!"
I say to the three, while i stand up from my dark corner.

Eric Scott
2012-07-12, 12:30 PM
I take the ales and down them both at the same time... I'll match whatever bet you two are willing to make, up to a maximum of 400 gold pieces.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-12, 12:32 PM
August bristles slightly at being put in his place, but declines his head dutifully as he accepts the get-out-of-my-hair gift and replies softly with an edge to his tone, "As you wish, father."

August clicks the stirrups of his bored stallion, and the two back away from the Count and head toward the tavern. Trotting toward the stables at the tavern, he dismounts and approaches the stableboy, and flips a gold piece at him. "You there. I require feed and a private stall for my horse. Quality grains. This should cover twice the normal fee for that. I shall come to inspect him within the hour."

He turns to his horse and whispers softly into Johann's ear, stroking his neck. Then turns to the stableboy with a stern expression and snaps his fingers at him. "Why are you just standing there? Prepare his stall! I expect him to be groomed on my return as well."

Intimidate Check:
[roll0]

With that, he turns on his heels and strides dictatorially towards the entrance to the tavern. He lets his boots clack against the wooden deck of the tavern as he strides in through the door, letting his cloak swing a bit for dramatic effect.

He surveys the room, sizing up the crowd assembled there.
Sense Motive (Assess Opponent, Complete Adventurer pg. 102):
[roll1]

He will sit nearest the group of people that seem most comparable to his level, those that fit into the Fair Fight or Tough Challenge category, so presumably, those who have a similar HD, if his check is successful.)

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-12, 02:47 PM
@Eriv: "Four hunderd? Loosh like your rich and shupid. We'll eash go in for fifty." They both toss a purse full of jingling coins and ready their arms on either side of you.

((Make two separate strength checks))

@Inexplorabletruth: The stable boy seems indifferent to the threats, but cash is cash. He leads your horse away to a grooming station.

As you enter the bar you see an enormous two headed dragonborn preparing to arm wrestle to burly men at once.

appending_doom
2012-07-12, 06:25 PM
A feathery creature like a huge raven is perched in one corner of the bar, almost literally perching on his chair, nursing a drink and watching the room with sharp eyes. His eyes fix on those most impressive, on the shows of fine clothing, or gold, or even colored glass. If a thief, he is not a picky one.

Eric Scott
2012-07-12, 10:47 PM
I can assure you... I'm not rich...

Str 1: [roll0]

Str 2: [roll1]

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-12, 11:07 PM
@appendingdoom: The bartender is watching you closely, but not saying anything. A few other patrons are also slipping some of their valuables into deeper pockets.

@Eric: Both men are slammed into the table. A well sized crack appears in it, but the table holds. Their was no contest to speak of. The both cry out in pain, and get leave indignantly, leaving your prize of a hundred gold behind. A few laughs come from the small crowd that has gathered.

Eric Scott
2012-07-13, 01:33 PM
@appendingdoom: The bartender is watching you closely, but not saying anything. A few other patrons are also slipping some of their valuables into deeper pockets.

@Eric: Both men are slammed into the table. A well sized crack appears in it, but the table holds. Their was no contest to speak of. The both cry out in pain, and get leave indignantly, leaving your prize of a hundred gold behind. A few laughs come from the small crowd that has gathered.

Anyone else want to try?

appending_doom
2012-07-13, 04:23 PM
The bird slips from his perch and wanders towards the table. Now standing, it is clear the creature is tiny and frail. It looks like a stiff breeze could knock it over. It stops by the table with the arm-wrestler. He looks speculatively at the arm-wrestler, but doesn't speak.

Eric Scott
2012-07-13, 05:56 PM
The bird slips from his perch and wanders towards the table. Now standing, it is clear the creature is tiny and frail. It looks like a stiff breeze could knock it over. It stops by the table with the arm-wrestler. He looks speculatively at the arm-wrestler, but doesn't speak.

Hello there... Can I interest you in 100 gp?

appending_doom
2012-07-13, 06:41 PM
"Certainly." The bird reaches out for the nearest gold pieces, the familiar gleam in his eyes as he focuses on the gold.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-13, 06:50 PM
August heads over to the bar. "A glass of port," he orders dismissively, never taking his eyes off the hulking two-headed monstrosity challenging people to an arm wrestling competition. A bemused smirk tugs at the corner of his lips as he sees the raptoran accept the challenge, and he mumbles something that apparently amuses himself.

Eric Scott
2012-07-13, 10:39 PM
Well... you can have it... I say while leaning back in the chair.

Solipso
2012-07-14, 03:33 AM
"Innkeeper, i offer free beer for the winner!"
I order, with a smile.
"It's a little price to pay for a good story earned. So..."
i ask, while the man prepares the drinks.
"What's going on with the nobles out there? Is there any special recurrence, is a beauty contest, or what else?"

appending_doom
2012-07-14, 06:34 AM
The rapidity with which the gold pieces vanish from the table is surprising, at least until you consider that the raven-like qualities of the creature may not just be in appearance.

"And who are you, to be so kind to a strange kenku?" the bird asks. He absently raises a clawed hand for attention from the bar, hoping to purchase something stronger with his new-found wealth.

Eric Scott
2012-07-14, 12:21 PM
I am Sven... says head 1. And I'm being so kind to you because, if you haven't noticed, I am what some consider a freak... says head 2. And we freaks have to stick together. say both heads in unison, followed by a smirk and a chuckle.

Asmerv
2012-07-14, 02:59 PM
Normorn apparently could not bother to notice the stranger-than-usual crowd that has gathered today in the tavern.

Maybe I should revise my previous idea of staying here all day, and see if I can steal some money from the gathered townsfolk...

After all, it's just another ordinary, boring day at the tavern!

appending_doom
2012-07-14, 04:22 PM
The bird fixes his eyes on Sven for several long moments before he shrugs. "Your funeral, I suppose," he offers.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-14, 08:29 PM
The bartender tosses the beer requested by the bard to the dragonborn. Not the strangest bunch in a tavern but cracking the top 50.

Suddenly outside their is a tremendous BOOM!

A massive panic can be heard from outside. Shouting voices. Trampling feet. Irritated animals. Only one thing is for sure. They're running toward the boat parade.

Asmerv
2012-07-14, 09:23 PM
The loud 'boom' doesn't seem to bother Normorn much. He's not even aware of the commotion going on around him until some guy runs into him in panic..

"Hey! What the f..."

"Huh?"

Now clearly startled, he looks around in astonishment.

Eric Scott
2012-07-14, 10:41 PM
A frown appears on Sven's face after the boom...Someones having a party with out me?

Solipso
2012-07-15, 04:00 AM
When the wise man hears an explosion, he runs away without looking back.
Unluckily, Loch isn't the wisest of the men.

I run out of the tavern, trying to understand what is happening at the boat parade,followed by my wolf.

I don't think it will be useful, but i do a spot roll.
[roll0]

appending_doom
2012-07-15, 06:03 AM
The bird flinches at the noise, and seems to be edging into a quieter space, almost crouching underneath the near table.

Eric Scott
2012-07-15, 09:17 AM
Is Birdman frightened? If so, Birdman should probably find a better spot to hide... things that make 'boom' sounds like that tend to be able to break tables. I then calmly walk outside to see what is going on, still carrying the Ale I just resently got.

Eric Scott
2012-07-15, 09:19 AM
((Don't mind me... just breaking through to the next page.))

inexorabletruth
2012-07-15, 09:39 AM
"What in blazes?"
Augusts spins on his heels toward the door and reaches instinctively for his flail. Unstrapping it from his side as he runs, he shoulders through the door and skids to a halt, examining the scene and scanning for his father.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-15, 10:22 AM
What can be seen is a half sunken ship, with the figurehead high in the air as she slowly falls farther into the water. It appears to have belonged to Lady Grassrunner. The panicking crowd makes it difficult to see much of anything. A few small lifeboats are gliding across the water to assist the sinking passengers.

@solipso: Through the anarchy you manage to spot something suspicious. A distance away from the scene of the accident is a dinghy with what looks from a distance like a cannon on board. A figure is darting away from the boat.

appending_doom
2012-07-15, 02:53 PM
The bird actually trails after the draconic creature, whether out of response to his earlier offer to stick together, or recognition that the best place to hide might be in the shadow of someone capable of breaking someone's arm without much effort.

Solipso
2012-07-15, 04:32 PM
"There's someone in the water!" i shout, looking for someone someone who can stop him. I'm afraid i'm not the best swimmer. " He is the one who destroyed the boat!"

I search for the adventures who were in the tavern, especially the two-headed dragonborn. "If we stop him, i'm sure the nobles will give us a good reward. Sadly, with this wounded arm i can't stop alone. Will you join me?"

Eric Scott
2012-07-15, 05:57 PM
I couldn't care less of what the nobles think but, I would like to commend the person for the chaos they have brought... noticing the Birdman following. And, I can't speak for him but, I think the bird might be willing to help as well... but, I'll see what I can do for now. Assuming the person was pointed out to me... I charge towards the water and jump in...

Jump: [roll0]

For every 5ft. up I glide 20ft. over.

Swim: [roll1]

And, assuming that won't get me far enough... many more rolls:

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Asmerv
2012-07-15, 06:13 PM
Normorn steps out just in time to hear something about a reward.

Just as I was thinking about refilling my purse...

Deciding he can do with a nice reward, Normorn looks at the direction of the assumed terrorist and springs into action.

((If he's within 60ft., a Mortalbane Eldritch Blast. Otherwise, Normorn will try to run into range and fire off a Mortalbane Eldritch Blast.))

((In case he is indeed able to fire off a blast, here's the attack and damage rolls:))

Ranged Touch: [roll0] +1 if in 30ft though i doubt it.

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] + 1 if in 30ft

Asmerv
2012-07-15, 06:15 PM
((rolls again, sorry))

[roll0] (+1)
[roll1] + [roll2] (+1)

appending_doom
2012-07-15, 06:25 PM
The bird follows the group, although he draws no weapon and makes no apparent move to assist. His movements are a little sluggish, however, and his face loses some of its impassive nature, twisting uncomfortably every few seconds.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-15, 06:29 PM
The attack against the figure misses, but the dragonborn tackles him to the ground, hard. Up close it can be seen the attempted terrorist is a young man. He appears to be the son of a local fisherman by his rough hands and light tan.

((Eric, he's running from the boat, not swimming))

Eric Scott
2012-07-15, 08:55 PM
The attack against the figure misses, but the dragonborn tackles him to the ground, hard. Up close it can be seen the attempted terrorist is a young man. He appears to be the son of a local fisherman by his rough hands and light tan.

((Eric, he's running from the boat, not swimming))

((One can never be too careful... especially with fishermen...))

Hello! I would like to congratulate you on your auspicious production of Chaos... I say, louder than my talking voice but, not loud enough to cause hearing loss, directly into his ears.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-16, 07:31 AM
Smiling at his family's good fortune, August calmly heads to the stable and retrieves his horse. After the stableboy helps him mount, he gallops out toward the shore that the escapee seems to be heading.

Johann can move 50' per 6 second round, but of course, I imagine it took some time to retrieve him and mount up. Either way, he's not as concerned with catching the saboteur as he is making a show that he tried.

Asmerv
2012-07-16, 06:05 PM
NO! I missed! ****. ************. Now, that big..thing will get the money instead. Argh!

..Just what the hell is that thing anyway?

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-16, 06:12 PM
The young man seems to be practically petrified with fear. Being tackled by a massive two headed half dragon will do that to you. Or it could be the horribly calm demeanor being kept by his attacker. Or perhaps he simply can't breathe due to immense weight crushing a body sized dent into the soft soil.

@inexploreable: Roll a 'showing off' check and add your charisma modifier.

Eric Scott
2012-07-16, 08:04 PM
I'll go ahead and make a grapple check to see if I can lift the Guy up off the ground by his head... without killing him... and because of my slightly higher than average BAB I can try twice.

1: [roll0] ((That's a decent roll...))

2: [roll1] ((That one... not so much...))

If successful, I will ask Is this the Guy? while showing him to the others.

Solipso
2012-07-17, 10:47 AM
"Yeah, it's him."
I say, coming near to the terrorist.
"Well, my dear friend, you give an amazing show with that ships, you'll be a great entertaneir. So, tell us who in the hells are you and why you played with that big gun on the river, and maybe, i say, maybe, we will let you free. Do you understand?"

Diplomacy check!
[roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-07-17, 11:30 AM
You heard the man... speak. I say, giving him a little shake.

Intimidate check to back him up:
[roll0]

Asmerv
2012-07-17, 04:38 PM
Thinking he can maybe still scrape a reward, Normorn walks up to the massive two-headed scaly scary thing.

He did try to shoot the assailant down, after all.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-17, 05:16 PM
The man is hoisted up by his head with relative ease. He doesn't look very comfortable but he's not hurt. He seems entirely indifferent to the attempt to reason with him, but the intimidation seems to speak a little bit more. "I could tell you...but I need to know I'll be safe. Playing along with you could get me hurt in ways you couldn't imagine."

Solipso
2012-07-18, 03:49 AM
"No one is ever safe in this life, my friend"
i say, shurgging. "We can do it, i think. If we can gain something by doing it. I mean, if we gain A LOT, by doing it, i don't like very much who contaminates river. So, my good fellows, what do we do?

Eric Scott
2012-07-18, 04:12 PM
Not playing along could get you hurt in ways you could probably imagine...

Intimidate: [roll0]

I say we eat him... but, the idea of some sort of profit other than my own nourishment sounds good. But, I'll leave the decisions to you guys... unless you're ok with me eating him...

Asmerv
2012-07-18, 04:23 PM
Catching up with the now really scary looking scaly creature, Normorn seizes his chance to jump in.

"I say we trade him in for a reward. You can buy a lot more food with the money, and we all get something in return."

appending_doom
2012-07-18, 05:22 PM
"And who exactly gets that reward?" the bird asks curiously.

Asmerv
2012-07-18, 06:27 PM
"Obviously those of us who have attempted to apprehend him."

Eric Scott
2012-07-18, 11:38 PM
Hey, don't be mean to the Birdman... he tried, right? Besides, maybe Birdman prefers to stalk his prey for a bit before killing it... or maybe he was waiting for something to catch his eye... but, I don't know what goes through his puny brain so, I won't speculate...

Asmerv
2012-07-19, 09:20 AM
"You all are weird, but I'm not going to argue with a really strong dragon-man. As long as I get some money out of this, I don't care what he gets.

Eric Scott
2012-07-19, 10:55 AM
Well... I suppose that is good enough for me...

inexorabletruth
2012-07-19, 04:13 PM
August gallops in on Johann as the rest of the group is questioning the little man.

Charisma Check to look like I was trying: [roll0]
Knowledge (Nobility) to know if my father had anything to do with this: [roll1] (plus whatever bonuses I get for rolling a check about my own father.)

Eric Scott
2012-07-19, 05:34 PM
August gallops in on Johann as the rest of the group is questioning the little man.

Charisma Check to look like I was trying: [roll0]
Knowledge (Nobility) to know if my father had anything to do with this: [roll1] (plus whatever bonuses I get for rolling a check about my own father.)

Just saying... that charisma check...

Ok... I have some questions that I think should probably be answered before we continue with this discussion... I say, then look at the newcomer. Lets start with you... I seen you trotting over on your horse trying to look like you were doing something to help... do you expect a part of what ever we might get? And if you do, what is your name? In fact why don't we start in a circle and tell everyone our names and why we think we should get a share of what ever reward we might get... I'll start... My name is Sven... and I'm an alcoholic... but, that's not important at this moment in time... and it should be clear why I should get some of what ever we might get... just in case it isn't clear, I should get some of what we might get because I caught the little bastard. I say the final part waving the person around in the air in front of me a little to show emphasis.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-19, 05:53 PM
@inexplorable" How late you are is very obvious to any onlookers. Your attempt to take credit is met with open laughter. A bard doing an impression of your arrival, by rushing to a group of children and comically toppling off of a mule

From a single glance, it can be seen their is no connection between this mans actions and your father. If not, their would already be a sign of reward on him, due to your fathers tendency to pay in advance to imply how wealthy how wealthy is.

Somebody in his employment would have already had time for some luxury, a new set of clothes, a ring or necklace, even a nice bath, but this man is wearing rags that are below even the normal standards of fisherman garb. If he was hired by your father, but not important enough to pay, he would likely have already had his throat slit to tie loose ends.

Everybody make a spot check. Commanded the Lord.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-19, 06:21 PM
"I am August Tribolde, firstborn of Count Gerard Tribolde! And I'm not amused by your casual tone, monster, nor do I need to explain my actions or intentions to the likes of you." He raises his chin and one eyebrow arrogantly. "Still, your success in capturing the saboteur ought to be rewarded." He reaches into his coin purse and flips a silver piece at Sven's feet. "Well done..." he sneers derisively.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-19, 06:27 PM
((Spot check?))

Eric Scott
2012-07-19, 07:15 PM
A single silver? Does anyone want the silver piece? Cause I figure capture of a saboteur would be at least a couple gold pieces, since he did sink a boat that because of its size alone would have coated a fair bit of coin... I say trailing off and inevitably start just rambling to my self.

But, I heard the call for a Spot Check, so...

[roll0]

Asmerv
2012-07-19, 10:50 PM
((Spot Check: [roll0] ))

Normorn, seeing the stuck-up noble's behavior, nudges on the dragonborn's arm and comments:
"Well, look at this *******."

appending_doom
2012-07-20, 05:08 AM
"Khal," the bird replies, sounding oddly like August. "And...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry." He finishes this statement with a cackling laugh you think is more natural to him than the mimicry he engaged in a moment ago.

Solipso
2012-07-20, 05:57 AM
Spot check!
[roll0]

"Well, my name is Loch, and i'm the one who advised you of this guy. (also, dear prisoner, what'your name?) And this wolf is my pretty lady Faerydae, and she's often hungry."
I grin in direction of the noble. "Nice to meet you, sir Latecomer, but why trade the chance of a pot of gold with a single silver coin? But you, despite you arrogance, can still be useful to us, we totally don't know anything of the nobles plot, in wich our saboteur can be involved".

Eric Scott
2012-07-20, 08:08 AM
((Spot Check: [roll0] ))

Normorn, seeing the stuck-up noble's behavior, nudges on the dragonborn's arm and comments:
"Well, look at this *******."

I'm fairly certain his parents were married before he was conceived, as is usual for nobles... although, I am now realizing that your comment was aimed to show dislike of him... which reminds me, you should work on your aim... you could have accidentally hit Khal and made him angry... which now that I'm thinking about isn't so bad of an idea... you should shoot him with one... you know, just to see what happens. ((I'm to lazy to separate the 2 heads speech... so, I will just say that whenever there are ellipses that it is the next head speaking...))

Also, am I the only one who "might" pass the spot check?

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-20, 10:04 AM
((It's an easy one, no high rolling required.))

inexorabletruth
2012-07-20, 07:56 PM
August surveys the scene, clearly disinterested in the conversation of the commoners.

Spot: [roll0]

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-20, 09:47 PM
Nobody but the dragonborn notices the pair striding toward them. One of them seems to be a high ranking member of the royal guard/ He doesn't seem particularly happy either. He has a hand on his weapon, and his teeth are tightly locked. Accompanying him is a tiefling, which is quite odd considering...tiefling. He clearly hasn't been arrested, unless he's under the influence of magic to keep him behaved. He seems to be striding right alongside the guard as though they are cohorts, or even friends.

Augustus mistakes the pair for two of his servants playing noble. He is not pleased, and assumes they are wearing his fathers armor.

Eric Scott
2012-07-21, 11:52 AM
Well hello... I would assume that you would like me to set this young man down... correct? If so, I would like you to know the only reason I am holding him in this way is so my other hand is free to rip out risk intestines... now, I realize you look angry as is and I would like you to know that I don't plan to rip his intestines out... well, at least not yet... I say while thinking about throwing the saboteur at the guard.

((Anyone have a problem with me throwing the captive at the guard?))

Asmerv
2012-07-22, 08:11 PM
"Who are you talkin.. oh. Yeah, we caught this guy, people."

((Do whatever you want! :D))

Grim ranger
2012-07-23, 02:06 PM
Sighing slightly in experation and looking quite serious, the tiefling shook his head slightly. "It would be much preferred if you just let him down and let the law deal with him. You have done well to catch him: better not bring another charge of murder into this. Also, if you kill him, the guard will be short of leads to pursue..."

Pausing for a moment, the tiefling's eyes glare at the two-headed brute "but most of all, you will let him down because I say so. This is Demon Hunter business now."

Eric Scott
2012-07-23, 04:11 PM
Sighing slightly in experation and looking quite serious, the tiefling shook his head slightly. "It would be much preferred if you just let him down and let the law deal with him. You have done well to catch him: better not bring another charge of murder into this. Also, if you kill him, the guard will be short of leads to pursue..."

Pausing for a moment, the tiefling's eyes glare at the two-headed brute "but most of all, you will let him down because I say so. This is Demon Hunter business now."

Certainly... I set the Saboteur down and pat some of the dust off of him... Demon Hunter? Is that to say you believe this young man is a Demon? I give the Saboteur a little shove. But, I can't help but wonder... What's a Tiefling doing with a guard? I say to the Tiefling. No offense to you, of course... I say to the guard.

Asmerv
2012-07-23, 09:28 PM
Normorn eyes the tiefling with slight contempt.

"Boo hoo look at me, I have horns so you will do as I say. First, we have this idiot.." says Normorn, pointing at the obviously late noble on his horse. "..and then we have you, the 'Demon Hunter'. Do you guys just come in pairs? Seems like no one can resist the urge to imply that they're a big ****ing deal."

Eric Scott
2012-07-23, 09:39 PM
Normorn eyes the tiefling with slight contempt.

"Boo hoo look at me, I have horns so you will do as I say. First, we have this idiot.." says Normorn, pointing at the obviously late noble on his horse. "..and then we have you, the 'Demon Hunter'. Do you guys just come in pairs? Seems like no one can resist the urge to imply that they're a big ****ing deal."

I'm not trying to defend anyone but, what you said makes you sound like either your trying to make yourself out to be a big deal... which you very well could be... or that you need a hug... I say opening my arms to give Norman a hug if that was the correct option...

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-24, 01:10 AM
The guard sighs, as if already exhausted by the group. "Thank you for apprehending the suspect. He was fleeing from a dinghy that carried an expertly made cannon aboard. He's clearly the one who sank Grassrunner's boat. I'll be taking him into custody. You will be rewarded. I can arrange for your rooms to be paid for." He says.

The captain pulls a length of silken rope and binds the mans hands. He then turns to the group and says with an amount of desperation in his voice, "Look, I'm going to be straight with you. This sort of political climate will stretch me as thin as is, but now every noble will need a personal set of guards. I need a group that pays jurisdiction to none and can follow any leads we find. This dirtbag obviously isn't working on his own." He said, delivering a swift kick the the attempted assassin's ribs. "Theirs no way he could have gotten that cannon and boat. Somebody hired him."

Grim ranger
2012-07-24, 01:43 AM
Making a sour grunt at the stupidity displayed so openly before him, the tiefling rubs his temple in tired gesture. "No, I do not believe that this man is a demon: I would know, I have some experience on the matter. The Demon Hunters dabble in things apart from slaying those monsters as well, although it is still our main priority... And currently it seems that I am needed to help with this investigation."

Glancing at the rest of the group, the ash-skinned figure sighs slightly, visibly trying not to lose his temper. "I think we started slightly on the wrong foot... Introductions might be in order. Gilead J'dir, Dawnblade of Demon Hunter order, at your service."

Eric Scott
2012-07-24, 07:38 AM
So, are you saying that I could get paid to track down and possibly kill the person who hired the saboteur? I say to the guard.

My name is Sven... Just Sven, I have no last name because it would be arbitrary... also, I like to cause peoples lives to be more painful for them... be it physical injuries or mental ones... I personally prefer the physical ones though.

Solipso
2012-07-24, 12:13 PM
I see an interesting opportunity to be in contact with the high powers of the nation right by here. Better to catch it while i can.
I bow to the soldier, with a large smile. At my back, my wolf to the same, but with a larger smile full of fangs.
"I'm happy to serve for your cause, and even more happy to receive a reward! I'm Loch Landerkin, healer, beast tamer, entertainer and tracker, and my arrows will hit every target you order to me. So, i presume we are dealing with some kind of rebels, do we know something more about them, or we should make our prisoner talk?"

Asmerv
2012-07-24, 05:51 PM
"I said everyone, didn't I? Obviously that includes me as well, dragon-guy.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about the troubles nobles are in, but the general proposition sounds fun at least. Sure, I'm in. Name's Normorn, by the way."

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-24, 06:40 PM
Two other guards show up, and wordlessly take the suspect. The captain addresses the group as a whole. "If you'll hang around town till tomorrow morning, we'll have broken this piece of scum, and likely have a job for you. This will pay well." He sighs again.

With his off hand, he begins to pull a pipe from his belt, but stops halfway, as if now was not the time to smoke. "Money is no object. If I hire more guards, that means proper training, and they'll be called to cover the threadbare holes in security. With a group like you, I can use the word, 'axillary' or 'mercenary' so your not obligated to do anything but follow the jobs I give."

It seems the rescue workers were successful in retrieving Lady Grassrunner and her entourage, as the rescue boats can be seen returning to shore loaded with halflings.

Eric Scott
2012-07-24, 09:18 PM
So, that would mean you don't want a hug... ok... I say to Norman, sounding slightly sad...

I can personally assure the death of anything you tell me to deal with... I say to the Guard Captain, sounding much happier.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-26, 11:38 AM
After cleaning his nails, August finally looks up and notices the teifling and the conversation going on with the group. He gives a blank stare for a moment when he hears the two headed monstrosity talking about hugs. Then changes his facade to an arrogant sneer. "Yes... of course," he says with a wave of his hand. "Is there anything more needed from me at the moment? If not, I should return to my father, Count Tribolde. I'm sure the assistance of the nobles will be needed during this tragic occasion."

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-28, 10:42 PM
"You're all free for now. Just be at the front of the inn at ten o' clock tomorrow morning." The captain said with a dismissive wave of his hand.

Grim ranger
2012-07-29, 09:14 AM
"Understood, Captain" the dawnblade replies and even makes small, respectful salute at the soldier before looking at the group he is supposed to work with, at least for now. "Well, that settles things, I suppose... Where do you people stay currently? It might be prudent for me to seek lodgings now as well, given that I just arrived..."

Eric Scott
2012-07-29, 08:34 PM
I sleep wherever I fall asleep... sometimes I get a room in an inn... sometimes I just drink all night... I think I might be staying at the inn tonight though... I say just before flopping backwards onto the ground...

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-29, 10:32 PM
I can arrange for your rooms to be paid for." He says.

((Short term memory?))

Solipso
2012-07-30, 03:46 AM
"Well, we don't really have a place to stay for this night, but since the captain of the guards told he will provide to our needs...anyone knows the name of the best inn in town?"
So speaking, i smile. I started the day without a job and no other companion than my wolf, and now, i'm on the road to get waterfalls of moneys and prestige.
"Demon hunter, you say?" i say to new member of our group. "What interesting profession! What kinds of monsters do you hunt? The mighty giants? Or something more tricky like, say, the fae?"

inexorabletruth
2012-07-30, 12:46 PM
August bows stiffly from his horse. "I'll report in the morning then. I wish to report to my father before determining lodgings for the night. If there are assassins about, he may want us on patrol tonight."

He turns to the tiefling, "If it pleases you, demon hunter, send a messenger to me in an hour. I'll know my answer by then."

Grim ranger
2012-07-30, 12:58 PM
"Naturally, your eminence" Gilead says in tone that could as well be ironic or actually respectful, so neutral he manages to keep it. "I will send you the messanger... I believe I still have to see most of this city, so at least I will not get bored."

Turning to the one that spoke to him before, the tiefling raises his eyebrow as he places his full-face helmet back on, concealing his horns and peculiar facial features. "I would have thought that name "Demon Hunter" is rather obvious, but maybe not... We hunt variety of dangerous creatures, as well as criminals that we see as a threat to the land and people we are sworn to protect. But the main focus of our order are outsiders, devils and demons in particular. I have hunted quite some of them during my life already, and am looking forward to next infernal encounter. I am restless as long as even one of them has not felt the bite of my blade."

Eric Scott
2012-07-30, 03:48 PM
((Short term memory?))

I'm well aware of what you stated... that's why I said "might stay at the inn tonight"...

Nevertheless, after the demon hunter finishes talking, and the captain is out of earshot, I sit up slightly, Did I hear you say you were going to look around the city? And that you fight some dangerous creatures? I could go around and see what kind of trouble I can stir up, and then you could help me deal with the results... it could be fun... we could all go do it... to see what each of us has to offer as a group... but, I am getting the feeling that a few of you all are goody goodies, and therefore don't know how to have proper fun...

Asmerv
2012-07-31, 08:06 PM
The halfling's eyes widen with excitement as he turns to the Dragonborn.

"Who cares what they think, man! I'm down for dealing with whatever trouble you stir up. Sounds like fun, and let me tell you, I could use some fun.

Then we can come back and stay in our free rooms. How 'bout that?"

Eric Scott
2012-08-01, 09:21 AM
A single tear comes to one of my eyes, Its been awhile since anyone has wanted to cause some chaos with me... does anyone else want to join in in this fun? Also, where should we start? The nearest Orphanage, assuming we can find one that hasn't already been destroyed? I say the last part as I flap my wings once with enough force to stand me up, because I know that if I want to be able to be able to fly one day I will have to use my wings as often as I can, and it's good exercise...

Asmerv
2012-08-03, 09:47 AM
"Why the orphanage? Kids are no challenge... How about we raid a tavern or something? I mean, if you're dead set on an orphanage, sure.."

Eric Scott
2012-08-03, 11:01 AM
True that kids are no challenge but, no one will miss them... and they don't taste to bad either... but, a tavern does sound like more fun... but, you know what would be even more fun and I think might pose a bit of a challenge? If we attacked the nearest guard building... after we consume some alcohol, so that we have an alibi... or we could take the kids from the orphanage put some in a bag and then beat someone up with it... or we could pick a random person drag them to the top of one of the taller buildings and throw them off... or we could kick some chickens off a cliff... or we could go kick some GNOMES around... or we could throw Birdman off of something tall and see if he flys... or we could find some snow and make a snowman... or we could try to knock down a building... or we could help the homeless... by killing them... those are just the ideas that are floating around in my heads... I'm fine with anything really.

Asmerv
2012-08-06, 01:50 PM
"They all sound good to me. I especially want to throw someone off a building... Sounds fun indeed. Shall we?"

Eric Scott
2012-08-06, 03:12 PM
Very well then, we will throw someone off a roof... but, first we must decide if we are going to throw Birdman or some random person and we have to find a reasonably sized building, anything more that 2 stories high should do... I say while looking around for a person to throw off of a roof.

newBlazingAngel
2012-08-07, 10:29 AM
((Make a spot check))

Eric Scott
2012-08-07, 11:14 AM
[roll0]……………

Grim ranger
2012-08-07, 11:19 AM
Narrowly avoiding facepalming himself, the tiefling snarls. "Is there nothing in your minds except wanton murder and other associated crimes? Rest assured, if you will even try that, I will stop you and kill you if necessary. Don't test me."

Eric Scott
2012-08-07, 03:25 PM
That is assuming you could stop me... and, if you have any other ideas of what we could do that would still be fun in a rules breaking sort of way, feel free to voice it. I say to the tiefling. I think this Tiefling is a good candidate for throwing off a building, what do you think? I say right in front of the Tiefling but, not directed towards the Tiefling.

newBlazingAngel
2012-08-07, 05:43 PM
For potential victims, you spot a mildly thick half orc smoking in a chair with his back turned to you.

Grim ranger
2012-08-09, 11:19 AM
In response to the two-headed monstrosity's question, the hand of the demon hunter tightened around the grip of his weapon, drawing it a handspan out of it's sheath. "I suggest find more constructive means of amusing yourselves, like arm-wrestling which seems relatively accepted way of proving your strenght. However, I cannot suggest attacking me. Things might get...out of hand."

Eric Scott
2012-08-09, 03:22 PM
Out of hand?... that's what I was thinking of doing to him... I say as I point towards the Half-Orc... Although, I suppose your going to tell me it impolite to point, right? I say while closing my hands into fists, just because one can never be too prepared for a fight... Now, if you want... I suppose I could hold off on throwing... one moment please... I walk over to the Half Orc and say, Hello sir, I was just wondering... What is your name?

newBlazingAngel
2012-08-09, 03:34 PM
The half orc takes a long disinterested drag from his pipe, slowly turns around, and growls out, "What's it to ya?" Smoke wafts out of his nostrils, and he seems to be mildly irritated. Although, half orcs have a tendency to have looks like that.

Eric Scott
2012-08-09, 04:03 PM
I'm just contemplating throwing you off the roof of a building... but, I suppose your name doesn't really matter than... so, if you would kindly follow me to the roof of one of these fine buildings... we can begin with the throwing. I say, not even trying to hide my intentions...

Diplomacy: [roll0]

newBlazingAngel
2012-08-09, 04:31 PM
((What do you think would have happened, even with a natural twenty))

The orc gives you a look that perfectly mixes, confusion, curiosity, and slight arousal. Luckily he pegs you to be either insane, or retarded, so he tosses you two silver pieces and goes back to smoking.

Eric Scott
2012-08-09, 06:14 PM
((What do you think would have happened, even with a natural twenty))

The orc gives you a look that perfectly mixes, confusion, curiosity, and slight arousal. Luckily he pegs you to be either insane, or retarded, so he tosses you two silver pieces and goes back to smoking.

((To be totally honest... I was expecting a low number, hoping the Half Orc would attack me... but, free money is ok...))

I walk back over to where I was before bothering the Half Orc, ... He is far to kind of a person for me to do such a horrible thing to... good thing he wasn't a Gnome...

newBlazingAngel
2012-08-09, 11:52 PM
At this comment, a passing gnome attempts to kick you in the shin.

[roll0]

If hit: [roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-08-10, 09:12 AM
At this comment, a passing gnome attempts to kick you in the shin.

[roll0]

If hit: [roll1]

Doesn't hit... but, Spot check to see if I notice the GNOME and it's attempt to kick me...

Spot: [roll0]

Edit: I would assume I am completely oblivious of the GNOME? Which is probably best... don't want to have to chop something in half just yet.

newBlazingAngel
2012-08-10, 10:24 AM
((Ignoring the spot check because a gnome is right there.))

The gnome makes contact but you can barely feel anything as his shoe collides with you. He may have even stubbed his toe. He swears in a high tone, around the level of an e sharp.

Asmerv
2012-08-10, 05:27 PM
"Ha..haha...HAHAHAHAHA"

Normorn bursts into laughter.

"What did you think was gonna happen when you kicked him, you stupid gnome? Hahahaha!"

Eric Scott
2012-08-10, 10:39 PM
I will proceed to attempt to grapple gnome...

Grapple: [roll0]

newBlazingAngel
2012-08-10, 10:52 PM
[roll0]

What could possibly happen?

The gnome is trapped in your firm grip, but he is not at all a happy camper.

Eric Scott
2012-08-11, 02:10 AM
[roll0]

What could possibly happen?

The gnome is trapped in your firm grip, but he is not at all a happy camper.

Ok... I bludgeon the Half-Orc with the Gnome...

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: Well... I'll let you figure that out...

Edit: ... or I can figure it out...

Assuming I hit, I would do at least 5 damage, assuming I rolled a 1 on what ever damage die a gnome does... so, I think that's a safe number to go with...

newBlazingAngel
2012-08-16, 09:16 AM
Roll a d3....

Eric Scott
2012-08-16, 12:56 PM
Roll a d3....

Finally... [roll0] +4= 6

newBlazingAngel
2012-08-16, 05:45 PM
The half orc cries out in pain and shock, as does the gnome. The orc appears to be hurt, but standing, and definitely pissed while the gnome has been rendered unconscious with a few bones sticking out in odd places.

Eric Scott
2012-08-16, 06:27 PM
I promptly say, Food fight?... then directly to the Half Orc, You look a little angry... and directly to the Gnome, and you, well... you're lucky I'm a little tired, or else you would have be more injured...

newBlazingAngel
2012-08-16, 06:34 PM
The half orc yells in rage, draws a mace and attempts to strike you over the head.

[roll0]

If it hits: [roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-08-16, 06:53 PM
I draw my battleaxes and take a 5ft step back...