PDA

View Full Version : Goliath Gestalt Build Challenge (HELP NEEDED)

Xaragos
2012-07-11, 04:59 PM
This character has hit the level 10 mark and still the option for a prestige class that would have good synergy with the concept escapes me. I thought about giving him Knight of the Raven for turning capability, but like I said I am unsure of what to do with this character. Even if I had to retrain some skills or swap a feat, what PRC would you choose if any and how would you take this class to level 20 and beyond as there is possibility for epic levels.

Background: The Goliath in the party is the chosen one of Kossuth. His purpose is to act as one of the diety's primary instruments of destruction. He is young, but travelling with his capable new 'clan' he is maturing every day.

Concept: Create an absolute instrument of destruction that is also able to buff, heal the party, and provide other neat abilities to the table from Kossuth. Takes full advantage of spells and abilities based on size. Is a spiked chain focused warrior and favored soul.

Rules: Allowed to take 2 classes, plus 1 prestige class. Short list PRCs like exotic weapons master don't count towards the limit. One base class must always be taken. In this case, he chose Favored Soul as that class. Thusfar skill tricks aren't allowed. Heroes of Horror and Book of Vile Deeds are banned. Other books are allowed on a DM approval basis. Characters allowed 2 free skillpoints per level based on activities they were doing. Learning a new language would cost two skill points for example. Character is allowed to retrain skills, feats, spells, or abilities as they make sense.

Race: Goliath of course
Current level: 10
Alignment: CN
HP: 90

Stats:

Str 18
Dex 13
Con 12
Int 13
Wis 12
Cha 17

Traits: Quick
Flaws: Innatentive and Shaky

Feats:
Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Exotic Weapon Proficiency Spiked Chain (From Favored soul of Kossuth), Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Weapon Focus Spiked Chain (Favored soul), Shock Trooper, Leap Attack, and Knockback

FS Energy Resistance: Fire and Cold

Dungeon Crasher Variant for Fighter

Exotic Weapon Stunts: Exotic Reach, Flurry of Strikes, Trip Attack

Skills with ranks:

Balance - 1
Climb - 5
Concentration - 9
Craft Weapon - 3
Jump - 13
Know Arcana - 1
Know Dungeoneering - 1
Know Religion - 3
Listen - 1
Sense Motive - 2
Spellcraft - 4
Spot - 1
Swim - 2

Gestalt Build by level:

1) Favored Soul / Fighter
2) Favored Soul / Fighter
3) Favored Soul / Fighter
4) Favored Soul / Fighter
5) Favored Soul / Fighter
6) Favored Soul / Fighter
7) Favored Soul / Exotic Weapon Master
8) Favored Soul / Exotic Weapon Master
9) Favored Soul / Exotic Weapon Master
10) Favored Soul / Fighter

Primary Weapon:
Legendary Spiked Chain of Kossuth
Unlocked abilities: +2 weapon now, and ability to cast produce flame 3/day and either fling it as the spell or strike with the weapon to discharge the spell.

Spells known by level:
0) Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Guidance, Inflict Minor Wounds, Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
1) Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Detect Evil, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Balor Nimbus, Cure Moderate Wounds, Divine Protection, Tyche's Touch, Silence
3) Alter Fortune, Dispel Magic, Mark of Doom, Searing Light, Vigor Mass Lesser
4) Divine Power, Mystic Aegis, Panacea, Restoration
5) Earth Reaver, Righteous Might, Wall of Magma

Xaragos
2012-07-17, 04:12 AM
Another tidbit for this challenge is to keep the complexity somewhat reasonable. The player (not me) is young and has done a great job of grasping the game thusfar. Said player is just at a loss of what direction to take game mechanics wise, and I am as well. Any help much appreciated!

killianh
2012-07-17, 05:29 AM
Church inquisitor\any ToB class for all ten (or just fighter if not allowed)

or

favoured soul/crusader
Ruby Knight vindicator/fighter for the rest