PDA

View Full Version : [PF] GM Plot/entity of madness

Elvencloud
2012-07-11, 05:30 PM
Hey playground.
So I'm trying to write up a campaign and my inspiration banks are dry and dead.

Originally I was intending this campaign to move towards the imprisonment of the god(s) of healing, reducing healing rates, and eliminating most resurrection... Leading to the eventual return of a god of madness. (read: Tharzidun equivilent)

Any ideas on how to slowly introduce the concept? Any other ideas?

dascarletm
2012-07-11, 06:10 PM
Hey playground.
So I'm trying to write up a campaign and my inspiration banks are dry and dead.

Originally I was intending this campaign to move towards the imprisonment of the god(s) of healing, reducing healing rates, and eliminating most resurrection... Leading to the eventual return of a god of madness. (read: Tharzidun equivilent)

Any ideas on how to slowly introduce the concept? Any other ideas?

I know it's 3.5, but one villan book (damned name I can't think of it atm, oh well) has a cool way of showing the loss of healing.

You would have levels of signs that the "lord of madness' is returning, and there are certain campaign events that happen at giving levels increasing the power of the sign.

Here is an example:
Sign: Reduced Healing
Faint: Every time a cure spell, or other spell that heals HP damage, is cast it has a 25% chance to heal -1 less HP/dice.
Weak: As faint but if the chance of less healing is proc'd, then, all cure spells heal one dice size less on a successful heal as well. (ex: d8 is a d6)
Moderate: As weak but chances increase to 50%, and anyone subject to a healing spell, including regeneration, restoration, etc., is subject to a confusion effect for 1round per level of spell cast.
Strong: As moderate but chances increase to 75%, and anyone who has a connection to any healing god, or has a spell from them cast begins to be rattled with mad nightmares. Any spell cast from the Healing domain has a 20% chance of being actually the equivalent level of spell on the Madness domain when cast.
Overwhelming:As strong but chances increase to 100%, and divine casting that comes from any Gods associated with Healing no longer come from them, but from the God of Madness. Anyone attempting to channel that energy is instead subjected to the effect of confusion, where act normally is casting the spell.

As for what happens you could of had that event be the one that triggers the faint, then another at like level 7 to trigger weak, 10 moderate, 15 strong, and have a fight with the high cleric to trigger the overwhelming, and then a one session of going and fighting the avatar, or something.