PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker: Into the Green OOC



Pages : 1 [2] 3

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-16, 02:17 AM
That's a fine long-term plan, but you still haven't encountered the Kobolds yet, and I really need a direction of travel or just a general idea of which direction you want to explore in before I can update things IC. Even if it's just "Go get some turnips to sell to Svetlana for a bunch of money", but there's no real story path here. You'll need to choose your own path and direction in this campaign.

Maybe I should have set up a co-ordinate system on the map to make it easier to describe... Which hex would you like to make your current destination, is really the question I'm asking right now.

Moranica
2013-01-16, 04:07 AM
I can't join the discussion on direction, since I've run this map for my rl group already. :smallbiggrin:

ProudGrognard
2013-01-16, 05:03 AM
I haven't seen the map and I am a bit confused.

Don't we know where approximately the kobolds are? My suggestion is that we go in that general direction, taking care of anything else in that direction, perhaps taking a small detour if the 'anything else' is in the adjacent hex. Does that make sense?

Miraqariftsky
2013-01-16, 11:23 AM
My apologies if this is, I don't know, obtuse or offensive, chief... but how about borrowing a page from Babylon 5? Velocity of Plot? "We go THATTAWAY, get done with THEM, cover OVER THERE and pick up what can be picked up, follow that git DOWN THERE, then see what else is to see OVER YONDER"?

As to the Stage One, with which these other fine fellows seem to have agreed, I now suggest that we have Kalezin chat up the locals. Talk with enough people who give crap-quality clues and we'll be able to approximate the kobolds' whereabouts. And if the locals are friendlier, more knowledgeable and if Kalezin's quite dang decent, then that intel will, hopefully, be better than "crap quality".

Whatsay y'all, fellows?

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-18, 03:39 AM
Eh, I guess. That kind of runs counter to the whole "This is about exploration, guys! Go have the funs exploring." the module is supposed to be about. But, since things don't seem to be going anywhere on their own, I suppose I don't have a choice. I'll get an update through tomorrow, I guess.

I've just gotta say, though, if what you want is a tight, focused plot with plenty of GM railroading, I might as well end this campaign right now. This is a semi-Sandbox campaign, and what that means is the story is supposed to be player-driven. It's a rare chance for players to be proactive, set their goals for themselves and make their own individual mark on the setting. By the end of this module, you won't even really have superiors anymore. Certainly not of the 'this guy's a questgiver' variety. Even the 'quests' you've been given so far are more about giving the players an opportunity to make some money as they explore. If you don't want to plan out exact routes that's fine, I can handle that, but I am going to need more than "We'll deal with this problem first" without any real indication of how you'll be doing that.

Like I said, though, update incoming tomorrow. I'll keep things moving.


Also, the map is on page 1 of this OOC, at the end of my (second, I think?) info post. It's slightly out of date, but I'll update that tomorrow as well. If you hadn't seen that, I can really understand why you'd have problems coming up with directional info... Please give me a Diplomacy check when you can, to see how good a read you get on the Kobolds' location. And keep in mind that by and large the people who gather here don't go very far south, so any info on anything more than three hexes south of the northern edge of the map is going to be hella spotty at best, and outright wrong at worst.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-21, 09:34 AM
Dear DM, I saw the map and all is clear to me now. Except a few things:

-Is the map updated? And also, the mites and statue things mentioned there, they have been seen by the party?

Also, I vote we move south to engage the giant spiders and then proceed towards the kobolds. Diplomacy check to triangulate their position

Diplomacy [roll0]

Finally, we got 400 gps correct? That means that it is approximately, what, 60 to each of us? Thus, Kalezin has enough money to buy a good steady footed mule and barding, as I requested some posts back. Is that OK?

Finally, I switched a skill point to sign language. I will RP Kalezin learning it.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-22, 03:45 AM
Alright, so you can obviously tell that I didn't make any updates, what with that being three days ago. This weekend was... Well, it wasn't a good time for posting, which is why I've been pretty much gone since last thursday. Anyways, I'll get to work as soon as I get up in the morning, and will have an update up soon for you guys.

The map is not up to date. There are two hexes to the west that have been explored which aren't filled in on the map; the one with the concealed bear traps and another where you encountered nothing of note.

The group has not physically encountered anything written in on the blank hexes. Those represent areas where you were told about some landmark or similar, but have not actually physically been.

You did receive a 400GP reward. Yes, you can easily find a good, sturdy mule for purchase. That is entirely acceptable.

Back tomorrow with more.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-23, 01:22 AM
IC updated. Map is now up to date, and you can see the Thorn and Shrike rivers, since those are well-documented and mapped out landmarks. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Miraqariftsky
2013-01-23, 01:15 PM
Acknowledged and appreciated, chief.

Quick little question: IS Jax still travelling with us? Unless I am mistaken, he was asked by Caerwyn to deliver his letter...?

ProudGrognard
2013-01-23, 01:25 PM
Acknowledged and appreciated, chief.

Quick little question: IS Jax still travelling with us? Unless I am mistaken, he was asked by Caerwyn to deliver his letter...?

If the above refers to my post, I must confess my idiocy and say that I meant Zhaag. The post has been edited.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-23, 05:00 PM
Acknowledged and appreciated, chief.

Quick little question: IS Jax still travelling with us? Unless I am mistaken, he was asked by Caerwyn to deliver his letter...?

No, Jax is gone. He left for Restov, and is delivering Caerwyn's letter as a sort of side-job.

Miraqariftsky
2013-01-26, 10:24 AM
Hrhmm. My turn to confess idiocy. Forgot the Perception check. [roll0]


If the above refers to my post, I must confess my idiocy and say that I meant Zhaag. The post has been edited.
'Tsokay, no problemo.


No, Jax is gone. He left for Restov, and is delivering Caerwyn's letter as a sort of side-job.

Ah. As I remembered. Thanks for confirming, chief.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-26, 04:19 PM
Alright, just to confirm, you're advancing into the spider-occupied area, since at least three people support that action. Will you actually use fire? You are currently in a somewhat dry grassland; while fires aren't necessarily guaranteed to spread, if one does get out of control there will be severe consequences.

If I don't hear any dissenting opinions, I'll advance things with you guys not using fire about eight or nine hours from now, to give you a chance to reply. If you want to cast any spells or do anything else before you move into the spider-occupied area (and, potentially, combat), please say so now.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-26, 06:07 PM
Please assume that if the party advances, Kalezin will cast Mage Armor. I will also describe that IC, but in case you post before I post, Kalezin does it just as the party goes to advance in Spider Country.

Moranica
2013-01-27, 06:18 AM
Sorry for my slow posting, but I've been ill for couple of days. Will try and post tonight.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-28, 04:45 PM
Nexus, could you clarify that action please? Are you moving to attack the nearest spider (one of the small ones on the big web near you), staying where you are and readying an action to attack the first spider that comes within your reach or delaying your action until after Kalezin's to benefit from the Enlarge Person spell he casts after the spiders have their turn, then moving to attack the nearest spider?

Miraqariftsky
2013-01-29, 01:58 AM
Nexus, could you clarify that action please? Are you moving to attack the nearest spider (one of the small ones on the big web near you), staying where you are and readying an action to attack the first spider that comes within your reach or delaying your action until after Kalezin's to benefit from the Enlarge Person spell he casts after the spiders have their turn, then moving to attack the nearest spider?

The latter, sir. If centrepoint is Zhaag's current location, target is either the bug at 10-o-clock or 2-o-clock... whichever's closer and maintaining formation with the others. Yes, scrapping the Charge. Rolls like those, pretty much moot, eh? Ha-ha-ha.

Moranica
2013-01-30, 06:59 AM
I'll wait for the spiders to act first. I'm a healer after all, not a killer. :smallbiggrin:

ProudGrognard
2013-01-31, 02:38 AM
Has everyone acted? Should I post Kalezin 's next move?

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-31, 03:00 AM
Yes, round 2 begins now. For convenience's sake, I'm going to assume that the Spiders hesitated enough to count as Delaying until after Paiku's turn, so you all act together in whatever order you post before the spiders act.

ProudGrognard
2013-02-06, 01:13 AM
@Daedalus

It seems that the slumber hex has been changed. Initially, it affected anything and everything. Now, due to the arachnid's resistance, I checked again and it works like sleep. My bad.

DaedalusMkV
2013-02-06, 01:49 AM
@Daedalus

It seems that the slumber hex has been changed. Initially, it affected anything and everything. Now, due to the arachnid's resistance, I checked again and it works like sleep. My bad.

Frankly, I wasn't sure what it affected when you tried to use it. I haven't actually been in a campaign with a Witch PC before, so when you used that Hex on the Spider I popped over to the PFSRD to check out how it functioned, and noted that it worked like the Sleep spell including the Mind-Affecting descriptor, except without the HD limit. I honestly didn't know if it worked differently before; my only experience with that particular Hex is in the last two days or so. Frankly, if it wasn't Mind-affecting before I'd call that a definitive oversight, since the ability is clearly a Compulsion effect.

Regardless, we're definitely both on the same page going forwards.

Also, in the future would you mind listing the Save DC of anything you use that allows a Saving Throw? The less time I need to spend looking up stats on players' character sheets the faster I can get updates out in combat.

ProudGrognard
2013-02-06, 02:12 AM
Also, in the future would you mind listing the Save DC of anything you use that allows a Saving Throw? The less time I need to spend looking up stats on players' character sheets the faster I can get updates out in combat.

Of course. I should have though of that myself.

Miraqariftsky
2013-02-07, 01:10 AM
@Athaleon: Ye reckon Gid-jun can still backstep? Hopefully Zhaag'll be able to dish out one AoO to cover his retreat.

Ancient Hippo
2013-02-08, 01:49 PM
Looks like we have a critical hit over here!

Confirmation:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

ProudGrognard
2013-02-18, 04:16 AM
Daedalus, nice battle. Yay!

I have some few questions, though. May I?

-When in your description you also tell us what we found, does that assume that no checks are necessary? Or that this is what appears to be there at first glance? Ditto with the corpse examination (magical and so on).

- Can Kalezin make some checks (Nature probably) to determine how long before the eggs hatch and whether it would be safe to leave them here? In the spirit that, if we do, then in some months?years? we will again have a spider infestation?

ProudGrognard
2013-02-18, 04:19 AM
Sorry forgot the rolls, in any case

Perception take 20, for 21.
Nature [roll0]

Moranica
2013-02-18, 04:54 AM
Sweet!!

You still need healing?

DaedalusMkV
2013-02-18, 02:20 PM
See, the way this game works there are a lot of Perception rolls to be taken. Every time you enter an unexplored Hex, you take a Perception roll if you're exploring it (taking 20 takes about two weeks to explore the Hex, so you kind of have to roll). Most of the time, if you have a fight there's some sort of Perception-based loot somewhere that you have to roll for (where I've mostly been Taking 20 on your Perception). And so on and so forth. To save time calling for Perception rolls from everyone I've just been rolling them myself and applying the results and assuming that you at least attempt to Search every area.

If you'd like me to stop and ask for rolls, I'm more than willing to do that. I just feel like this game is slow enough as-is, and further delays wouldn't help.


Kalezin is no expert on spiders, as it turns out, though this seems to be a fairly common strain in retrospect. Leaving the eggs alone doesn't give the spiders the best chance; this particular breed requires a year or so to reach maturity, during which time they are relatively poor hunters. Even with parents providing food, a brood of thirty or fourty can only expect half a dozen survivers at best. As-is, left alone it's unlikely that more than one or two would survive. Still, there is a good chance that if you did just leave the eggs, two years from now there'd be a fledgling spider colony back in place. Your best guess is that the eggs will hatch some time in the next month.


Edit: Ancient Hippo, knowing what sort of creatures Cold Iron is effective against would be Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (Arcana) and Knowledge (The Planes) of varying degrees of success. Make one of each and I'll tell you what you know.

ProudGrognard
2013-02-18, 02:24 PM
Nope, it is very fine as it is. I only asked to clarify things. Thanks for the input.

Ancient Hippo
2013-02-18, 04:31 PM
Allright, thanks.

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]
Knowledge (Planes): [roll1]

DaedalusMkV
2013-02-18, 10:09 PM
Caerwyn knows:

Cold Iron is best known for its ability to defeat several breeds of Fiends, most notably the Demons of the Abyss. Many also claim that it is effective at dealing with Fey creatures, though Caerwyn has never personally verified that information. Cold Iron weapons are very commonly carried by the warriors of the Mendevian Crusade, with nearly every Crusader carrying a Cold Iron weapon in the battle against the Demons of the Worldwound. Many Low Templars return with the weapons after fighting in the Crusade, which has resulted in quite a few winding up elsewhere.

Athaleon
2013-03-02, 09:37 PM
Is it possible to Aid the Spellcraft check for the spellbook? If so, [roll0]

DaedalusMkV
2013-03-02, 10:58 PM
You cannot Take 20 on Spellcraft, since it does not allow you to try again on a failure. It's more like a Knowledge skill than anything else. You can Aid Another, as normal, as long as you're willing to forgo your own check.

I'll give people until tomorrow to reply if you want to before advancing things.

The Wand is a Wand of Burning Hands CL2 with 5 charges remaining.

The following spells contained within the water-damaged Spellbook are salvagable:
Magic Missile
Silent Image
Unseen Servant
Expeditious Retreat
Scorching Ray

You estimate the ring to be worth roughly 80 GP.

DaedalusMkV
2013-03-04, 04:32 PM
I'm curious; which sword are you guys talking about IC right now? The Cold Iron Shortsword that the dead bandit had, or something else?

Athaleon
2013-03-04, 04:37 PM
I'm referring to the cold iron sword.

ProudGrognard
2013-03-17, 03:03 AM
I suggest we go for the goblins, as planned.

Miraqariftsky
2013-03-17, 12:14 PM
I suggest we go for the goblins, as planned.

KOFF. Kobolds. KOFF.

DaedalusMkV
2013-03-27, 01:14 AM
So, in an attempt to keep things moving:

Will you go with the friendly Kobold, or decline his offer and take some other approach?

ProudGrognard
2013-03-27, 01:28 AM
This is what I am also waiting to see. I have voted for following.

Miraqariftsky
2013-03-27, 09:00 AM
This is what I am also waiting to see. I have voted for following.

Seconded, my good fellow.

Ancient Hippo
2013-03-28, 09:42 AM
Terribly sorry for disappearing again. :smallfrown:

As you might know, now with the snow starting to melt, this is pretty much the most slippery part of the year. Nothing broke, thankfully, and I can walk normally again. Add in a flu and old people making me move heavy things...

:smalleek:

My apologies, again.

DaedalusMkV
2013-03-29, 02:42 AM
Alright, so I've been thinking about this for a while, and I'm going to put this question to you directly: Is it worth continuing this game? I'd like to move things along faster, but I prefer not to advance the timeline when there's only a single post responding to my last one (unless it concerns only one character, of course) and I often find myself having to wait several days before I'm confidant that nobody else plans to say anything and move on. The result is a game that virtually does not progress.

So, do you guys want to continue with this, or should we call it a lost cause and move on?

ProudGrognard
2013-03-29, 06:26 AM
Actually, I have been thinking the same for a while. I like the game, but is veeeeryyyyy slow, and not because Deadalus is not trying.

I would like to institute an "once per day" post policy for this game, but I can understand that other players would not. In that case, perhaps it would be better if we abandoned the project.

Athaleon
2013-03-29, 10:57 AM
Between being busy and the site giving me database errors, I haven't kept up with posting. For now, Gideon will agree to help the Kobolds, I'll post IC later on today.

Miraqariftsky
2013-03-29, 12:46 PM
Terribly sorry for disappearing again. :smallfrown:

As you might know, now with the snow starting to melt, this is pretty much the most slippery part of the year. Nothing broke, thankfully, and I can walk normally again. Add in a flu and old people making me move heavy things...

:smalleek:

My apologies, again.
Hope ye get better soon, man.


Actually, I have been thinking the same for a while. I like the game, but is veeeeryyyyy slow, and not because Deadalus is not trying.

I would like to institute an "once per day" post policy for this game, but I can understand that other players would not. In that case, perhaps it would be better if we abandoned the project.

Seconding this fine friggen fellow's sentiments, support and suggestion.

Koff. And unless I am mistaken, I -did- chip in for Zhaag, chief.

Ancient Hippo
2013-03-30, 04:56 PM
I absolutely wish to continue this game.

And if everyone else is on board with a "post in a day" policy, I promise to keep up with it.

DaedalusMkV
2013-03-30, 09:47 PM
Alright, that all seems reasonable to me. So, here's the new rule, and I'll do everything I can to hold myself to it as well:

I'll give you 48 hours after one of my posts to respond; while I'd love a once-per-day rule, and if people post daily it will certainly speed things along, I can't always commit to being able to post daily, and I think that a two-day period helps a lot given the difference between timezones we're dealing with here. If you haven't posted within 48 hours, I'm assuming that your character is in total agreement with the preferred course of action of those who have posted and goes along with it silently and without complaint but doesn't do anything notable. If I absolutely need an action from you I will NPC the character until you return. If more than a week goes by without me hearing anything, I begin making contingency plans to write your character out and have you replaced.

Sound reasonable?

Also, as a corollary to the above, Moranica has been absent from this game for over a month, and at this point I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he isn't coming back and I'd like to arrange for a replacement. If anyone has a friend they think might be interested in taking over in a divine caster/healer role, please throw them an invite and I'll be happy to bring them in.

IC post coming within the hour.

ProudGrognard
2013-03-31, 01:39 AM
Agreed on both counts. I do not have anyone that isn't already in many games, though.

EDIT: Perhaps Bhaakon, one of my DMs here, or MaggieMcKnife. They both seem solid and pretry good. Should I contact them?

DaedalusMkV
2013-03-31, 04:27 AM
Agreed on both counts. I do not have anyone that isn't already in many games, though.

EDIT: Perhaps Bhaakon, one of my DMs here, or MaggieMcKnife. They both seem solid and pretry good. Should I contact them?

It's up to you. Basically, I'm giving you guys an opportunity to extend an invite to anyone you'd like to see in this game; feel free to contact them, inform them of the situation here and tell them to come on over and post a concept if they're interested. If nobody pops up I'll open a rerecruitment for one player, but I thought this might be a better option given what we need here.

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-01, 02:22 AM
Opening posts and map have been updated. They're now up-to-date with your current situation. Sorry for the meh quality of this rendition of the map; my most recent set of alterations butchered the quality of this version of it. I will redo it from scratch for the next update.

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-08, 06:56 PM
Alright, since there's been very little activity:

Will you wait for the Mites to emerge as Caerwyn suggested or attempt to go inside? If nobody's posted by tomorrow morning, I'm going to assume you all approve of Caerwyn's plan.

ProudGrognard
2013-04-09, 01:25 PM
As I said IC, I vote we go inside.


EDIT: Hey, where are my posts? I wrote two of them!

Damn it. Anyway, I propose we go in. Just give Kalezin a sec to cast mage armor.

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-09, 05:27 PM
Okay, so I think that's a deadlock, then. I'll give you guys a bit more time to work it out, in that case. This is the problem with even-numbered parties. I'd suggest that everyone just post their preferred course of action here in the OOC, and maybe there's more of a concensus than I got from the IC.


On that topic, I'll be opening up a re-recruitment thread some time today to bring in a replacement for Moranica. I'll give you guys a link to it when it's up.

Ancient Hippo
2013-04-12, 04:19 PM
So, uh, anybody has an idea how to take on the mites? I don't really want to be the first to do something, in case I screw it up. :smallredface:

ProudGrognard
2013-04-13, 01:28 AM
Well, let 's prepare for the group that is heading our way (we should go ranged to retain the element of surprise), then take the mites that will probably hear the commotion (the ones going parallel) and then move near the entrance to take out any coming this way.

Kalezin will now cast Mage armor and then Slumber, Enlarge Person etc. But I believe we should start with ranged, because if they spot us, there goes surprise.

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-13, 03:04 AM
Considering the distances involved here, keep in mind that casting a spell with a Verbal Component requires you to speak in a strong, clear voice. While this doesn't guarantee detection by any means, keep in mind that it will allow the Mites a Perception check to hear the spell being cast, if not necessarily pinpoint the caster.

I figure it's only fair to warn you on that front, since a lot of people seem to overlook that Verbal components can't generally be used quietly.

Also, I'm rolling everyone's proper Stealth checks here ahead of time, as you are attempting to remain hidden. If you would prefer to Take 10, please declare that you are doing so before looking in the spoiler box, and post as such in this thread. Caerwyn, as the sentry, is presumed to have Taken 20 when he first set up, and everyone gains a +2 Circumstance bonus due to having a solid hiding spot selected hours ago when you chose your campsite. I'm negating the Armour Check Penalty from Zhaag's shield, because that's pretty stupid even if he's actually wearing it right now.


Caerwyn: 26
Kalezin: [roll0]
Gideon: [roll1]
Zhaag: [roll2]

Also, away from dice. Secret enemy rolls:

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-13, 07:38 PM
Rerecruitment has officially begun. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15086196#post15086196)

Please feel free to participate and/or follow along in any way you deem appropriate. Once submissions are in, I'll be giving you guys a chance to give your own feedback and opinions regarding the applicants. It's been great to see this game really moving again, and I'd like to thank you all for your continued dedication.

Athaleon
2013-04-13, 11:07 PM
Will save:[roll0]

Miraqariftsky
2013-04-14, 09:51 AM
No problemo, chief. And glad of your patience and patronage.

On those rolls in the IC, looks like those CHOPPA attacks have a good chance of hitting, maybe, but everything else looks like a miss. Particularly hilarious, that almost certainly botched Intimidate check.

Right, question, chief--- What's the IC explanation for Paiku and Moro's disappearance?

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-15, 02:10 AM
Yeah, the Mites don't really have a hope of winning this fight. Pathetic little guys are nothing approximating a threat to a level 2 party in a stand-up fight.

Miraqariftsky
2013-04-15, 02:21 AM
Yeah, the Mites don't really have a hope of winning this fight. Pathetic little guys are nothing approximating a threat to a level 2 party in a stand-up fight.

...I admit to some surprise, chief. I suppose they might soon disengage, and harry our group with hit-and-run, ambushes, volley fire, traps and poisons?

ProudGrognard
2013-04-15, 01:11 PM
Does Kalezin have time to move far enough, so as to get the fleeing to entrance mite within range of his slumber hex (30ft)?

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-15, 01:46 PM
Does Kalezin have time to move far enough, so as to get the fleeing to entrance mite within range of his slumber hex (30ft)?

Only if you are able to move 50 or more feet without expending your Standard action. The mite is currently about 80 feet from you and 10 feet from the cave entrance. You would be able to catch either of the Mites engaging Zhaag, however, with a standard 30-foot Move, 30 foot range on your Hex.

Miraqariftsky
2013-04-15, 01:51 PM
Only if you are able to move 50 or more feet without expending your Standard action. The mite is currently about 80 feet from you and 10 feet from the cave entrance. You would be able to catch either of the Mites engaging Zhaag, however, with a standard 30-foot Move, 30 foot range on your Hex.

And the one that escaped has escaped, correct, chief?

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-15, 01:59 PM
And the one that escaped has escaped, correct, chief?

Unless you have a means of tracking it down, yes. Theoretically a Ranger could probably follow its tracks and run it down, but without some effective use of the Survival skill on a character who can do it moving at full speed, finding that one will be a severe challenge.

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-15, 02:14 PM
Umm... Hold on, I need to check and make sure Zhaag's charge is actually legal. Time to get out the old square grid and set it up...


Huh. Well, looks like Enlarge Person wins out again. He's 90 feet away from the fleeing Mite, and would be 95 feet away without being Enlarged. 15 foot Reach plus an 80-foot Charge range gets him just enough range to do the job. Well, I suppose that's it for that Mite, which has no hope whatsoever of surviving that much damage.

I'm pretty sure that you were only supposed to be at +8 on that Attack roll, just like the last one, but it doesn't make a difference. Similarly, the AOO should only be at +6, which again won't likely make any sort of difference to any Mites that get caught by it.

ProudGrognard
2013-04-16, 01:08 AM
OK then. I am again a bit confused about when my next turn is. Can I ask by then a (very short) update on which enemy is where?

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-16, 04:26 AM
OK then. I am again a bit confused about when my next turn is. Can I ask by then a (very short) update on which enemy is where?

There were three enemies left visible at the end of the last turn; one that was running away and Zhaag just intercepted, and two who just finished throwing darts at Zhaag last round who're somewhere in the range of 50 feet away from you roughly perpendicular to the direction of the cave entrance; those two are about 10 feet apart. One final Mite ran away in the opposite direction, and is at least 100 feet away from you and completely out of sight.

Sorry if it's confusing, but I really didn't want to do a map for this one, both because I didn't have access to my usual mapmaking software when the fight began and because you utterly outclassed the opposition. Plus, any such map would have been gargantuan.

Miraqariftsky
2013-04-16, 05:01 AM
Sunnovagun. Honesty, honesty, honesty.

THAT much range away, eh? Distance-wise, won't be mechanically legal. With scalemail on, thus medium armour, even with Fast Movement, Zhaag should only have 30 speed standard, 60 on a charge.

Request revision to a 120-ft (do I remember correctly? Run quadruples standard speed?) dash to the cavern mouth, jam his gigantic feet there, then AoO the first bugger to try to get past him?

Bonuses wise:
Base Str 16
Rage 20
Enlarge 22--- That's a +6.
Charge +8
BAB +10

The second attack, the AoO, is down to +8 minus the Charging, -1 for the PA, if I recall correctly.

ProudGrognard
2013-04-16, 01:37 PM
There were three enemies left visible at the end of the last turn; one that was running away and Zhaag just intercepted, and two who just finished throwing darts at Zhaag last round who're somewhere in the range of 50 feet away from you roughly perpendicular to the direction of the cave entrance; those two are about 10 feet apart. One final Mite ran away in the opposite direction, and is at least 100 feet away from you and completely out of sight.

Sorry if it's confusing, but I really didn't want to do a map for this one, both because I didn't have access to my usual mapmaking software when the fight began and because you utterly outclassed the opposition. Plus, any such map would have been gargantuan.

Thanks very much for that. I will wait until the others post to post again.

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-16, 05:49 PM
Sunnovagun. Honesty, honesty, honesty.

THAT much range away, eh? Distance-wise, won't be mechanically legal. With scalemail on, thus medium armour, even with Fast Movement, Zhaag should only have 30 speed standard, 60 on a charge.

Request revision to a 120-ft (do I remember correctly? Run quadruples standard speed?) dash to the cavern mouth, jam his gigantic feet there, then AoO the first bugger to try to get past him?

Bonuses wise:
Base Str 16
Rage 20
Enlarge 22--- That's a +6.
Charge +8
BAB +10

The second attack, the AoO, is down to +8 minus the Charging, -1 for the PA, if I recall correctly.

Run merely triples your speed, not quadruples it, which leaves you in reach of the fleeing Mite but not able to block his path into the caves. You'll be able to force an Attack of Opportunity on it if you do that, since it'll be in the middle of your Reach, but not actively interpose yourself between the Mite and the cave entrance.

Also, you forgot the -1 Size penalty on attack rolls being being Enlarged, leaving the bonus at +6. +6 Str, -1 Size, -1 Power Attack.

Miraqariftsky
2013-04-17, 01:44 PM
Run merely triples your speed, not quadruples it, which leaves you in reach of the fleeing Mite but not able to block his path into the caves. You'll be able to force an Attack of Opportunity on it if you do that, since it'll be in the middle of your Reach, but not actively interpose yourself between the Mite and the cave entrance.

Also, you forgot the -1 Size penalty on attack rolls being being Enlarged, leaving the bonus at +6. +6 Str, -1 Size, -1 Power Attack.

Well, so be it, then, chief. The first set of rolls are still usable, then? Still good enough to hit even at +6?

ProudGrognard
2013-04-21, 06:14 AM
Is there a chance that Kalezin knows what language Mites use? Perhaps a Linguistics check [roll0]

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-21, 12:02 PM
Is there a chance that Kalezin knows what language Mites use? Perhaps a Linguistics check [roll0]

Kalezin can say for sure that they do not speak Sylvan, which shares a number of roots with Elven, nor any human language. It occasionally shares some vague similarities to Gnomish, but not enough that it could be considered a dialect of that language. They're definitely using some sort of language, but you have no idea what exactly that language is, or even if it's something used only by these Mites, since you've never encountered it before.

Also, did everyone get my PMs? If I don't get a response back soon, I'll need to make a decision without further input from you guys.

Miraqariftsky
2013-04-21, 12:14 PM
Reporting in here, PM box needs cleaning, but too tired and sleepy to do that now.

Ratings, as ordered. In order:
3 MS
2 VI
1 MI

ProudGrognard
2013-04-22, 04:13 PM
Voting exactly as above.

DaedalusMkV
2013-04-29, 02:46 AM
Aand... We're back. I hope everyone had a nice mandatory enforced forum vacation. I know I couldn't have had it hit at a more opportune time. Well, would have been nice if it started a couple of days later, but nothing I can do about that.

Hopefully, our new player will be joining us here soon. In the mean-time, I'm currently in the middle of a big IRL move, which may cause minor delays. I'll definitely hold to my promised 'update every two days as long as there's a posted course of action' policy, but I may not be able to update quicker than that even if I'd like to, so sorry in advance for any delays.

ProudGrognard
2013-04-29, 01:22 PM
Hey back!

No worries, Daedalus, we will be waiting.

North_Ranger
2013-04-30, 02:56 AM
Hello, folks. :smallbiggrin:

New guy, reporting for duty.

Miraqariftsky
2013-04-30, 03:09 AM
Hey back!

No worries, Daedalus, we will be waiting.
I second the motion!


Hello, folks. :smallbiggrin:

New guy, reporting for duty.
I welcome the new fellow.

ProudGrognard
2013-04-30, 08:47 AM
Welcome, oh new fellow!

North_Ranger
2013-04-30, 09:24 AM
Thanks, fellas... it's good to be here :)

Ancient Hippo
2013-05-01, 05:35 AM
The new fellow, be welcome!

North_Ranger
2013-05-01, 10:26 AM
Thankee. Just waiting to get the green light and jump into the proverbial fray.

ProudGrognard
2013-05-10, 12:15 AM
Hey, I may not be able to post until Monday. Please NPC accordingly. Hex away with impunity, please!

DaedalusMkV
2013-05-10, 02:47 AM
Hey, I may not be able to post until Monday. Please NPC accordingly. Hex away with impunity, please!

Duly noted.

North_Ranger
2013-05-11, 07:08 PM
Hey Ancient Hippo... did you count in the +4 size bonus to your Intimidate roll? I recently had a bit of a read-through of the skills, and apparently you get a size bonus (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/intimidate) to Intimidate if you're bigger than your target :smallsmile:

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Ancient Hippo
2013-05-13, 10:33 AM
Hey Ancient Hippo... did you count in the +4 size bonus to your Intimidate roll? I recently had a bit of a read-through of the skills, and apparently you get a size bonus (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/intimidate) to Intimidate if you're bigger than your target :smallsmile:

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Yup! I did! Nice little bonus, though Inquisitors have already obscene Intimidate bonuses.

ProudGrognard
2013-05-17, 12:29 AM
Question:

Are the mites lined up in such a way that a Burning hands would take most of them?

DaedalusMkV
2013-05-17, 01:54 AM
If you're able to act before them you'd be able to hit five Mites with Burning Hands. Since Gideon's instigated hostilities in a fairly obvious manner, it'll be round 1 of combat as soon as I can throw a map together and put the post up.

Athaleon
2013-05-17, 07:45 AM
If it matters, I forgot the size bonus to intimidate.

DaedalusMkV
2013-05-17, 04:39 PM
Initiative Rolls:

Mites: [roll0]
Gideon: [roll1]
Kalezin :[roll2]
Zhaag :[roll3]
Caerwyn :[roll4]
Miron: [roll5]

Ancient Hippo
2013-05-19, 05:17 PM
Sorry guys, I am metaphorically drowning in work and will probably not be able to post before the next weekend. After that my little overworked self will be free for a few months and I'll be able to most more often. :smallsmile: Before that, DMPC as needed.

DaedalusMkV
2013-05-19, 09:06 PM
Alright, I'll keep that in mind, Ancient Hippo. Thanks for the warning. :smallsmile:


And to answer Athaleon's question in the IC, no, there's no point rolling confirmation for that attack. 11 Damage puts a Mite very, very deep in the negatives...

North_Ranger
2013-05-20, 01:29 AM
To add to Ancient Hippo's... Yours truly has been in the hospital for a few days. Nothing life-threatening, just a flare-up of a chronic health problem. I'm seeing a doctor today about further treatment, so depending on the results posting may be a bit slow.

DaedalusMkV
2013-05-20, 04:16 PM
ProudGrognard, could I get a minor clarification on your action?

Is Kalezin willing to move into a Threatened square to catch as many targets as possible with the Burning Hands spell? And if so, does he attempt to Cast Defensively or just take the Attack of Opportunity? If you do move into the threatened range of one Mite you'll be able to catch four with the spell, otherwise you'll only be able to manage 2 Mites in the spell's area of effect without hitting your allies.

ProudGrognard
2013-05-21, 12:12 AM
He is willing to go into a threatened square (it is high time he got hurt), but he will do it from his wand (which they found), so no AoO.

DaedalusMkV
2013-05-29, 05:04 PM
Sorry for the delay on that last post. I had it written up and ready to go last night but it got eaten by the forum outage and I had a bunch of errands to run today.

Also, I'm going to be incommunicado this weekend, from late friday night to sunday evening. It shouldn't cause a major disruption, but I thought I'd give warning in advance just in case.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-07, 04:11 PM
IC update in progress. Be patient, as this may take some time to finish (Mites and gribblies and defenses oh my).

Initiative rolls:

Kalezin: [roll0]
Miron: [roll1]
Gideon: [roll2]
Zhaag: [roll3]
Caerwyn: [roll4]

Mites: [roll5]
Big bug: [roll6]
Smaller (but still altogether too big) bugs: [roll7] Act on Mites' Initiative, waiting for command.

ProudGrognard
2013-06-08, 01:46 AM
I may post very sporadically over the next few days, because I am flying away on work related issues. Please DM bot as necessary.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-18, 01:53 PM
Just wanted to say, update will not likely be in until tomorrow. I've got a lot of stuff on my plate today, and these combat IC updates take me about 40 minutes to resolve, write and map right now. I promise it will be up no later than tomorrow evening.

Athaleon
2013-06-18, 01:58 PM
Rerolling that damage die: [roll0]

ProudGrognard
2013-06-20, 04:18 AM
It seems that no stabilization will be required.

Also, I may post sporadically until at least Sunday, since I am getting married. I will try not to hold things up though.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-20, 04:34 AM
North_Ranger: Note that Selective Channeling only allows you to exclude 1 creature in that 30-foot burst (thanks to Miron's Cha mod of 1). Everyone else, friend and foe, receives the healing effect. Which creature would you like to exclude?

ProudGrognard: Yes, if you wanted to hit the Mite leader and his mount you couldn't actually include any other targets, since every other potential target is either more than 15 feet away or outside of the arc of the cone.

North_Ranger
2013-06-20, 05:23 AM
Drat, forgot about that. Okay, Big Bug gets no healing.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-20, 01:26 PM
Just a warning, my hometown is currently in the middle of a state of emergency and I'm dealing with intermittent power outages (and the threat of a long-term outage) and the possibility of needing to be evacuated from my house. Posting may or may not be affected.

North_Ranger
2013-06-20, 01:29 PM
I'll open a window and hope that chaos theory is correct: the change in air pressure ought to cause a change for the better in your neck of the woods, boss.

Or in more serious terms: hang in there, we're rootin' for you.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-20, 06:22 PM
Note change to my signature. Despair.

Miraqariftsky
2013-06-20, 10:56 PM
I'll open a window and hope that chaos theory is correct: the change in air pressure ought to cause a change for the better in your neck of the woods, boss.

Or in more serious terms: hang in there, we're rootin' for you.

I second his motion. Keep ye strong, chief.

Athaleon
2013-06-20, 11:17 PM
Best of luck to you. Hopefully hell and high water recede soon.

ProudGrognard
2013-06-21, 04:28 AM
Best of luck, Daedalus! We are rooting for you!

North_Ranger
2013-06-21, 04:41 AM
Best of luck, Daedalus! We are rooting for you!

So... how's married life? :smallbiggrin:

ProudGrognard
2013-06-21, 10:51 AM
So far, very nice!

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-23, 02:34 PM
Okay, I'm high and dry and all good here. Thanks for the support, guys.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-25, 01:40 AM
Nexus? AncientHippo? You guys still with us?

If you guys haven't responded by tomorrow, I'm going to have to resolve this without your posts.

Miraqariftsky
2013-06-25, 01:52 AM
HWAT?! I... damnation, I thought I'd posted here alread--- agh, sorry-sorry!

Scrambling-scrambling. Running for readings and having some heavy trees pruned before the next round of storms come.

On the IC:
>Is SB2 dead yet? Or not?
>Can Zhaag charge through Gideon's space to take a hack at BB?

ProudGrognard
2013-06-25, 01:50 PM
Hey all, I am back. Daedalus, I am very glad you are OK.

Kalezin will be active again next turn. After all, he will only crawl away and read a CLW on himself, if he hasn't been healed again by then.

Athaleon
2013-06-26, 09:00 AM
Critical Confirmation: [roll0]
Additional Damage: [roll1]

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-26, 01:05 PM
Athaleon, have you been remembering to take into account the -2 penalty on attack rolls and weapon damage rolls from being Shaken the last couple of rounds?

North_Ranger
2013-06-26, 01:30 PM
Whose characters are wounded and shaken? Miron's calming touch ability can remove both wounds and conditions (fatigued, shaken, sickened) - but only one person per round.

Next round he'll use channel energy to heal Kal if people can take out the mite leader and the revived centipede.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-26, 02:15 PM
Doesn't Calming Touch only remove nonlethal damage?

North_Ranger
2013-06-26, 02:20 PM
Dammit, it does. Sorry, I failed my Linguistics check. He'll blow Deadeye's Lore for a CLW on himself. Do you wish me to reroll?

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-26, 03:14 PM
Dammit, it does. Sorry, I failed my Linguistics check. He'll blow Deadeye's Lore for a CLW on himself. Do you wish me to reroll?

You probably should, since CLW heals a larger die size than you rolled and could potentially result in a bigger heal, but I'll let you decide whether you'd like to reroll or keep the result you got.

North_Ranger
2013-06-26, 03:17 PM
Well, I managed to roll a total of seven at the first go. And the dice bot has been less than friendly after that. I'll keep the seven, thank you.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-29, 12:39 PM
All right, in the interests of getting through this long fight, I'm going to be botting anyone who hasn't posted within 48 hours of my last GM post, just so that we aren't still in this fight two weeks from now. I'll give Nexus 12 hours or so to fit a post in, then I'm going to go ahead and resolve this round of combat.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-30, 01:13 AM
And crud, Nexus posted while I was typing up and resolving my post. Luckily, Zhaag is doing exactly what I had resolved him doing. Unluckily, Nexus rolled much worse than I did. So...

New Precedent: In this case, and any similar in the future, the GM's rolls stand. Zhaag killed SB2, and that's final.

Miraqariftsky
2013-06-30, 01:37 AM
Well! Ain't that fortunate! Appreciated, chief.

Miraqariftsky
2013-07-01, 03:54 AM
Sorry for the mis-roll and sorry for the double post.

Primary damage: [roll0]
Crit confirm? [roll1]
Secondary damage: [roll2]

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-06, 01:10 AM
Okay, putting together an IC post now. I really should have done this a couple of days ago, but busy.

How much HP Kalezin heals with his scroll, as PG has been stating he'll do: [roll0]

North_Ranger
2013-07-06, 08:53 AM
Okay, got some options here. Nexus, how's Zhaag doing at the moment? Is he raging? Because if he is, Miron can use one of his scrolls to double one of his barbarian rage bonuses for one roll or check. Such as doubling his Strength boost so he can cleave the tick in two? :smallwink:

Miraqariftsky
2013-07-06, 09:14 AM
Okay, got some options here. Nexus, how's Zhaag doing at the moment? Is he raging? Because if he is, Miron can use one of his scrolls to double one of his barbarian rage bonuses for one roll or check. Such as doubling his Strength boost so he can cleave the tick in two? :smallwink:

Pretty good, at 21/24 HP and 19/19 AC.

Nope, unfortunately not. Already spent the Rage outside, in our initial ambush. Appreciated--- but inapplicable, sorry.

North_Ranger
2013-07-06, 09:20 AM
CURSES! Okay, then you just have to settle for a Touch of Good.

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-06, 01:49 PM
Wow, another natural 1 from Zhaag. You only seem to have two kinds of rolls in this game, Nexus; abysmal and excellent.

North_Ranger
2013-07-06, 02:00 PM
...

Wow. I didn't realize Erastil was THAT pissed off with Miron.

Miraqariftsky
2013-07-07, 08:58 AM
@Da Chief: Izzat so, chief? :smallamused: Shall I resort to... flipping coins?

@North: Don't be too selfish with the blame game. Or mayhap Old Deadeye's having a "Get back in the kitchen" moment with the Radiant Maiden?

ProudGrognard
2013-07-11, 04:51 AM
Hey everybody I am back. I cannot seem to find how much damage was healed by the CLW so I reroll it here [roll0]

If that is wrong, correct me. Of to the IC now

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-11, 05:29 PM
I did roll the amount healed in the OOC, just a couple of posts prior. It was 5, IIRC.

Good news, everybody! I'm gonna be away from my computer until sunday night, so no updates till then.

... Wait, that's not good news at all.

North_Ranger
2013-07-11, 05:52 PM
Dammit, another victim of that most dreaded of conditions: Real life.

When will they find a cure?!

Moranica
2013-07-15, 12:12 PM
Get back here! Right now!

Ancient Hippo
2013-07-15, 02:20 PM
Um... Long time no see?

Moranica
2013-07-15, 02:30 PM
:smallbiggrin: I'm just following your IC. IT's fun!

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-15, 02:41 PM
I'm back. Writing up the IC update now, hopefully it'll be up before too long.

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-16, 02:43 AM
Okay, guys, I'm gonna need a call from a couple of you.

Ancient, are you okay with Caerwyn moving away from the combat to the rear after delivering the Touch of Chaos and taking an AoO from M2 to allow Kalezin into that square to do his thing?

Nexus, are you okay taking AoOs from M7 and M8 to move to E8 for your action?

If either of you aren't okay with that, either Kalezin or Zhaag is going to need to change their action to let me legally resolve all of this, since I can't actually have two Medium-sized creatures occupying the same space which is what the posted actions would require.

ProudGrognard
2013-07-16, 03:53 AM
These are a lot of AoO. Can we just move Kalezin to a different square?

Miraqariftsky
2013-07-16, 04:18 AM
@Da Chief: No problemo, your will, your wisdom, chief. Whichever'd make the most sense/be the best.

And AoOs? Bring 'em. Zhaag can take 'em.

And I just rechecked the IC. Hahahaha, horrible coupla rolls, there.

Ancient Hippo
2013-07-16, 05:32 AM
I'm O.K with it, but since it's only five feet and Caerwyn hasn't moved on this round, shouldn't he be able to just take a 5-foot step where Kalezin is now and avoid the AoO altogether?

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-16, 10:01 AM
I'm O.K with it, but since it's only five feet and Caerwyn hasn't moved on this round, shouldn't he be able to just take a 5-foot step where Kalezin is now and avoid the AoO altogether?

That would require Caerwyn to act, then Kalezin and Caerwyn to simultaneously trade places, then Kalezin to act. Trying to swap places that way can't be resolved by any actual turn order.

Moving Kalezin to a different square does work, but means that he takes three AoOs, though nobody else needs to take one in that case. It also puts him in a position to be surrounded, which I assumed you didn't want, since the only other square you can hit BB without hitting your allies is on the other side of the enemies and you can't move through Gideon's square right now.

ProudGrognard
2013-07-16, 10:39 AM
Well, I am at a loss. 3 AoO are too much, but if it is the only way, let's go for it. Though I would prefer that we do it like Ancient Hippo agreed...

Ancient Hippo
2013-07-16, 10:48 AM
All right, I'll take my AoO like a man then. :smalltongue: (A man with a low pain theresold)

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-17, 03:39 AM
Resolved that way. It turned out okay for you guys, since nobody took much damage from those AoOs and nobody died. Though Gideon was one Touch of Chaos reroll away from it...

Unless you guys roll horribly this turn, this should be the last round of combat, thankfully. This fight has been going on for altogether too long.

ProudGrognard
2013-07-17, 03:51 AM
The thing is, we sort of took the whole mite lair with our spells depleted from the start. we should have known better, but bleh.... It is fun!

Miraqariftsky
2013-07-17, 12:47 PM
The thing is, we sort of took the whole mite lair with our spells depleted from the start. we should have known better, but bleh.... It is fun!

And yet something tells me we'll still have to track down that mite that ran away? Bugger might have had the kobolds' idol?

On that latest set of rolls--- Well. Ain't we on edge? Will that 21 and 6 suffice to take it out?

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-17, 03:17 PM
Proud, the only way to hit the Bug from your current position is to also include Zhaag in the area of the cone. Is that acceptable? It will hit BB, Zhaag, and one of the remaining Mites used that way. I'll leave it up to you whether the friendly fire is tolerable or not, though.

ProudGrognard
2013-07-17, 03:47 PM
Damn my map blindness! Can I go somewhere else with a 5ft action and include the bug but not Zhaag?

If yes, please proceed accordingly.

If not, then hit something without including Zhaag.

Thanks, Daedalus!

Ancient Hippo
2013-07-17, 04:08 PM
Messed up the rolls. :smallannoyed:

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-17, 04:12 PM
Damn my map blindness! Can I go somewhere else with a 5ft action and include the bug but not Zhaag?

If yes, please proceed accordingly.

If not, then hit something without including Zhaag.

Thanks, Daedalus!

Sadly, there's nowhere else to go that wouldn't result in even more allies getting smoked.

Which is, honestly, probably irrelevent given that Zhaag's damage puts the bug down for the count as-is. With everyone but Gideon's actions in and Gideon unconscious, I should have an update in sometime tonight, or possibly early tomorrow.

Miraqariftsky
2013-07-17, 10:23 PM
Friendly fire! OOC! Is! Acceptable! BRING IT!

IC-wise, not sure how Zhaag'd feel about that, ha-ha.

ProudGrognard
2013-07-18, 12:30 AM
OK then. Changing actions. Kalezin will stay back and do something else, probably cast Evil Eye at the bug. Editing accordingly.

ProudGrognard
2013-07-18, 04:19 AM
Rolling Planes, Spellcraft and Arcana, alongside Detect magic. I will post accordingly afterwards.

Planes [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]
Arcana [roll2]

North_Ranger
2013-07-18, 09:48 AM
Damn, Grog, you must have sucked all the good dice mojo to your rolls :smalltongue:

Ancient Hippo
2013-07-18, 03:25 PM
Damn, Grog, you must have sucked all the good dice mojo to your rolls :smalltongue:

Yeah, give it back! :smallmad:

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-19, 12:44 AM
Hey, just because Nexus rolled like 3 1s to Attack through that fight doesn't mean that anyone stole anyone's luck.

... I was rolling pretty average, if it helps. :smallbiggrin:

Miraqariftsky
2013-07-19, 01:39 AM
KOFF. That, and if you look at those recent rolls by sir grog, that they're average, but with high bonuses on.

ProudGrognard
2013-07-19, 03:21 AM
Nope nope it is miiiiine!

On an unrelared note, I once more be away from home for a week long conference, starting Sunday. Posting may be erratic, so DM bot with impunity!

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-19, 03:49 AM
Nope nope it is miiiiine!

On an unrelared note, I once more be away from home for a week long conference, starting Sunday. Posting may be erratic, so DM bot with impunity!

Roger that, sir. I appreciate the warning.

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-21, 03:37 AM
IC update will be in the morning. If you've got something to say, best do it before then.

In retrospect, I think you guys might actually be out of magical healing for the day. In which case it takes Gideon...


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

Ten hours to regain consciousness and be generally restored to his faculties, presumably after you return to your camp outside the now-vacated Mite lair.

As an aside, XP has been updated in the IC. Expect level-up to happen very shortly after you finish up the situation with the Kobolds, so you can probably start planning out what you want to do then.

Ancient Hippo
2013-08-01, 06:23 AM
Hey everyone, I'll be away from my computer until the tenth or so. I trust you all that the PC's will still be alive when I return. :smallbiggrin:

North_Ranger
2013-08-01, 07:19 AM
Hey everyone, I'll be away from my computer until the tenth or so. I trust you all that the PC's will still be alive when I return. :smallbiggrin:

Of course they're gonna be alive. They just need to drop off the statue, do some exploring and fight the local black dragon overlord in the buff. What could possibly go wrong? :smallbiggrin:

North_Ranger
2013-08-02, 08:55 AM
Okay... Please remind the newcomer what's the group policy on loot and rewards? Split even? Communal loot? Whoever manages to get the pouch first? :smallwink:

Miraqariftsky
2013-08-02, 09:01 AM
"Uhhhhh... lumme count duh shinies. One an' two an' two an' two... IZ MANY."

KOFF. Last I remember, it was something like a communal pot / even split?

ProudGrognard
2013-08-02, 09:38 AM
Communal pot mostly, yes.

ProudGrognard
2013-08-04, 01:41 PM
Just a reminder, folks: I am leaving tomorrow for 15 day vacation. I am not sure I will have internet there. If I go MIA, please bot as appropriate.

DaedalusMkV
2013-08-04, 02:11 PM
So, is anyone planning on making any purchases, or doing anything else, while at the trading post? I'm not sure if you actually plan on doing anything here, or just moving on to look for the potion-maker.

Remember that if there's an item that you want but isn't immediately available, Oleg can special-order it from Restov to be delivered in about a week, so long as it's worth less than 2,000 GP and you pay him in advance.

North_Ranger
2013-08-04, 02:17 PM
Gonna have to postpone posting a bit. Feeling more than a little painful at the moment, so I'll just a pop a painkiller and head to bed. New try tomorrow.

ProudGrognard
2013-08-04, 03:53 PM
Get better, NR!

DaedalusMkV
2013-08-16, 05:42 PM
Apologies, all. Delays will continue until monday at the latest.

North_Ranger
2013-08-16, 05:44 PM
Take your time, boss. We'll be here.

ProudGrognard
2013-08-21, 02:33 AM
Kalezin does not have that kind of money yet. How are we going to handle this? He can give Bokken the wand with the one charge inside (which again is not really his) but that is only a small part of the cost.

Or perhaps his ioun torch. Bokken would have use for that. Or are we doing healing from communal funds?

North_Ranger
2013-08-21, 06:12 AM
How much do we have in the communal pool anyway?

DaedalusMkV
2013-08-21, 07:33 AM
How much do we have in the communal pool anyway?

Somehow I don't think anyone's actually been keeping track, but given how little has actually been spent it's certainly a lot more than that. If I find myself with an abundance of free time I might be able to trawl through the thread and figure it out, but I guarantee it'll get done faster if one of you guys goes ahead and does it.

ProudGrognard
2013-08-21, 07:46 AM
Well I tried to see recent posts, but I am not even sure what thread to search. The mites had 76 gp and a magical stone (which apparently we never identified). Before that, not sure when we last had loot. Some time around our last level up.

Identify for the stone
Spellcraft 1d20+9
Arcana 1d20+9

DaedalusMkV
2013-08-21, 07:50 AM
Well I tried to see recent posts, but I am not even sure what thread to search.

All the rewards you've received are in spoilers in the IC thread. You'd basically have to go through the entire thing to figure out the total, though.

ProudGrognard
2013-08-21, 07:52 AM
Damn. Second try

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: Ok, I did it. This is the total since the thread begun. Some of these items could have come might handy! But some were before the time I joined, so I am not sure if anything was used and when

Mites: 76 gp and magical stone
Spiders: Studded leather armor, Cold Iron shortsword, 12 GP, silver stag amulet 20 gp, treasure map (WHAT IS THAT!?!), pearls 100 gp, spider eggs
Garess: 400 gp
Corpse: 11 gp, short bow, short sword, leather armor
Kressle: 120gp and two Longbows, two Shortswords, a Morningstar, a Heavy Mace. Two Masterwork Handaxes, a Potion of Cure Light Wounds, a flask of Alchemist's Fire, Studded Leather armour and four Daggers (WHO HAS THOSE?)
Svetlana: Two Potions of Cure Light Wounds, a Potion of Enlarge Person and a Potion of Invisibility (!)

The total comes to 630GPs give or take, items aside. I am not sure if we bought anything, however.

Miraqariftsky
2013-08-21, 08:13 AM
Well done, sir Grog.

Pretty sure that Zhaag bought his current set of scale mail and kite shield on their first return to Oleg's Post. Cost was... 80 gold, methinks.

ProudGrognard
2013-08-21, 09:15 AM
Yes, but was that from the communal pool or private funds?

I propose that someone (I do not have the time), makes a total assessment of the loot after we have sold all non magical items. Then we split that by the party members and see how much we each have. Then we make a pool that goes to healing, by each contributing a specific amount.

DaedalusMkV
2013-08-21, 05:12 PM
Well done, sir Grog.

Pretty sure that Zhaag bought his current set of scale mail and kite shield on their first return to Oleg's Post. Cost was... 80 gold, methinks.

Zhaag did purchase the Scale Mail, but he's had his Kite Shield since the very beginning of the thread.



EDIT: Ok, I did it. This is the total since the thread begun. Some of these items could have come might handy! But some were before the time I joined, so I am not sure if anything was used and when.
Good work, sir. Saves me a decent bit of effort, to be sure. I can be certain that none of those items save possibly the Potions of Cure Light Wounds have been used up, so everything else should be well on the table. I do believe there was also a spellbook which contained a handfull of useful spells and could be sold for a decent sum if you so desired. I do believe you missed the entire cache under the big tree, which you found as a result of that treasure map. The details of what that stuff is worth should be in your PM box somewhere, unless you've deleted it by now. Also, you did in fact identify the stone as a Heatstone, which provides smokeless, lightless heat equivalent to a campfire on activation.

I propose that someone (I do not have the time), makes a total assessment of the loot after we have sold all non magical items. Then we split that by the party members and see how much we each have. Then we make a pool that goes to healing, by each contributing a specific amount.

Once you've decided what items you want to sell, if you give me a list of everything you're selling I will happily look up their values and give you a total of your take from it.

ProudGrognard
2013-08-22, 01:42 AM
I am unable to find the cache of the tree in my emails. Can you perhaps resend it?

Also, after the selling, can we have an edit in the initial post with the current loot?

I say we sell the following
Two Studded leather armor, Cold Iron shortsword, silver stag amulet 20 gp,
Short bow, Three short swords, Leather armor
Two Longbows, a Morningstar, a Heavy Mace
Two Masterwork Handaxes, flask of Alchemist's Fire, four Daggers

ProudGrognard
2013-08-22, 11:37 AM
Dropping in to say that North Ranger is not in the best of shapes and may be slow to post. He said to bot as needed.

DaedalusMkV
2013-08-23, 02:50 AM
I am unable to find the cache of the tree in my emails. Can you perhaps resend it?

Also, after the selling, can we have an edit in the initial post with the current loot?

I say we sell the following
Two Studded leather armor, Cold Iron shortsword, silver stag amulet 20 gp,
Short bow, Three short swords, Leather armor
Two Longbows, a Morningstar, a Heavy Mace
Two Masterwork Handaxes, flask of Alchemist's Fire, four Daggers

Total amount of GP Oleg will pay for the items listed: 580.

Cache items (after identification you've done):
-Masterwork Dagger
-Wand of Burning Hands (which you've been using, and is now nearly out of charges)
-Damaged Spellbook (you've already learned spells from it, worth 400 GP (200 GP profit) if you sell it. If you want to keep it, I can relist the spells it contains)
-Silver Ring (Unappraised). Casual estimate would put it at 70 GP or so, a good Appraise check would get a better number.

ProudGrognard
2013-08-23, 04:41 AM
I say we sell all these items (and the spellbook).

North_Ranger
2013-08-24, 05:03 AM
Hi guys. Thought I'd give you a quick sitrep. Still aching pretty badly from time to time, and because a small infection proved to be quite virulent, my meds have been upped. To the point where at any given moment I have more drugs in me than your average cocaine mule's colon :smalltongue:

I'll try and have something up over the weekend, if possible. No promises, though...

ProudGrognard
2013-08-28, 01:25 AM
Yes it is time we went forward. Can we have the updated tally and then pay the alchemist?

I say we institute a policy of healing from communal funds and then splitting the rest.

DaedalusMkV
2013-08-28, 02:24 AM
Yes it is time we went forward. Can we have the updated tally and then pay the alchemist?

I say we institute a policy of healing from communal funds and then splitting the rest.

Oleg doesn't much want a Wand that's basically completely depleted, so keep that for the moment. The rest gives you an additional profit of 420 GP, for a total sum of 1000 GP even from sold goods (of which Oleg can give only half in hard coin, and promises to provide the rest once he's got it to hand) and 630 GP from direct rewards. You've thus got a total 'party' fund of 1630 GP less what Zhaag spent on his armour, which was somewhere in the realm of 70 GP after selling off his old armour.

If you want to split it evenly, after removing the 100 GP to treat Kalezin and accounting for Miron having arrived late (and with more personal wealth than the rest of you), I'd suggest this:

377 GP to everyone except Miron (even split), with Zhaag subtracting the cost of his armour from his share
26 GP to Miron (his share of rewards following his return)

Obviously, once you get the reward for solving the Mite and Kobold problems, among other things, you'll be properly rewarded for all that effort you went through with the Mites.

ProudGrognard
2013-08-28, 03:24 AM
All that is fine by me. Unless noone else objects, I say we move on and pay the man.

ProudGrognard
2013-08-28, 03:35 AM
Posting this for North Ranger. Damn...

"Some unnnerving new to tell, I'm afraid. The fact that I'm slowly typing this with my left hand is pretty much indicative of that.

Last night I lost all feelinf from my right hand fingers. Then my hand. Then my arm. This mornibg, they did a CT scan of my head to see what had caused my right arm to turn from the instrument of my art, writing and free will into a useless, limp sack of wet noodles.

Apparently, I had sufferred hemorrhaging in my brain, and currently there's a two-centimetre blot there. Likely a result of some of the medication I've had to take. It's not a tumor or a seizure, as I still retain some mobility in my arm and I can still open and close my fingers, albeit with some difficulty. They're gonna consult a neurosurgeon as to how to proceed from here.


This is NOT a farewell post, and it is NOT a bowing out. Hopefully with time I'll get back my hand or learn to employ my left one better. This is essentially a carte blanche to bot or GMPC my characters if I take too long with my posting. Nexus and Grog, may I ask you to relay this message to my other GMs (Bhaakon, Servbot, Kalirren, nyarlathotep, DaedalusMkV and Thattaman), along with the understanding that if this causes me to get removed from the party, there will be no hard feelings? Same understanding applies to you too, maggs, seeing as how I've been slowing the game down of late. I'd send these nites myself, but typing on an iPad is even more frustrating with my lesser hand.

In other words, life is currently being a major b*tch. Updates as they come."

DaedalusMkV
2013-08-28, 04:21 AM
IC post in the morning.

I received that news from Nexus as well. If anyone's in contact with NR, please pass along my support and tell him that in no way will his place in this game be impacted by medical concerns unless he himself chooses to withdraw. If you read this yourself, good luck. Any medical issue to do with the brain is always hard, and I wish you the best.

North_Ranger
2013-08-28, 04:28 AM
Thanks. I'll try to post if and when I can. Any task I have to do now is just difficult because I have to do them left-handed. I just wanted you to feel free to use Miron as a bandage dispenser if I take too long.

I will, however, veto any action that requires him to act as dragon bait :smallbiggrin:

ProudGrognard
2013-09-04, 12:20 AM
Hey we have not made a plan about this.

I propose that we go and talk to the chief and denounce the shaman privately. Then we propose to get rid of the shaman, as long as he agrees to maintain good relations with us and not attack the routes.

The silver mine is functional? Does it have any ore? If yes, also propose trading relations and mutual protection.

North_Ranger
2013-09-04, 04:03 AM
Sounds good to me.

Miraqariftsky
2013-09-05, 10:30 AM
I second the motion, your honour.

Zhaag'll likely agree as well, but only if somebody explained it to him very slowly.

Athaleon
2013-09-05, 10:52 AM
I third the motion. Lead on, O charismatic types!

ProudGrognard
2013-09-05, 11:17 AM
Just a reminder:

There are still a potion of invisibility, a potion of enlarge person and a CLW potion that have not been allocated. I say that the second goes to Zhaag and the CLW to ...Gideon??. As for the invisibility, I am open to suggestions...

Ancient Hippo
2013-09-05, 03:52 PM
I fourth the motion. :smalltongue:

Also, I say we give the invisibility potion to the one with the worst Stealth, in case the whole group needs to go sneaky.

DaedalusMkV
2013-09-07, 03:26 AM
The silver mine is functional? Does it have any ore? If yes, also propose trading relations and mutual protection.

I probably should have responded to this sooner.

Given how valuable silver mines tend to be (extremely), it's highly unlikely that it was abandoned if its former owners thought it had anything approximating a decent yield of ore left. Even in the lawless wilds of the Stolen Lands, it would be completely worth the guards necessary to protect such an operation. As such, it's probably defunct.

That said, Kobolds are well known to be excellent miners, and if Mikmek's offhand asserion of how easily they could collapse the Mite tunnels now that they're undefended is to be taken at face value the Sootscales are probably no exception. If anyone would have a shot at sniffing out a new vein of ore, it's them. You'd have to ask them about it to be sure, though.

Miraqariftsky
2013-09-08, 12:34 PM
Diiiiiiiplomacy 3... :smalleek: Sorry-sorry!

DaedalusMkV
2013-09-11, 03:19 AM
Alright, combat set-up time...

Initiative:

Kalezin: [roll0]
Miron: [roll1]
Gideon: [roll2]
Zhaag: [roll3]
Caerwyn: [roll4]
Da Chief: [roll5]
Kobold Warriors: [roll6]
Tartuk: [roll7]

Heh. This time it's you guys who have immense numerical superiority...

Edit: Initiative blocks are as follows:

Chief Sootscale
Tartuk
All of you
Other Kobolds

Nice and easy.

Miraqariftsky
2013-09-12, 05:43 AM
Do we still have tunnelfighting penalties active, chief?

DaedalusMkV
2013-09-12, 01:33 PM
No, no you do not. That was a result of extremely cramped conditions in the Mite lair; the Kobolds build to a grander scale, if only because of egomania.

Edit:

North, being Staggered will not prevent you from casting Summon Monster, but you've basically got to do it by halves, which means it will take 2 full rounds instead of one to finish casting.

Would you like to go for that, or do you prefer just sticking with the Bless?

North_Ranger
2013-09-13, 02:58 AM
Eh, I'll take the Bless.

Ancient Hippo
2013-09-16, 04:04 AM
Question! Can you take a swift action while slowed? Or free ones?

DaedalusMkV
2013-09-16, 04:26 AM
A staggered creature may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can he take full-round actions). A staggered creature can still take free, swift, and immediate actions.

Hopefully that answers the question well enough.

Miraqariftsky
2013-09-16, 11:11 AM
I belatedly realize... Zhaag's IC move might not be entirely technically possible.
Confirm, chief? Is a Drop-Drop-Draw-Charge possible under the circumstances?

Why'd I go for the warscythe? In that space, koff, big square can't quite chase down small square.

DaedalusMkV
2013-09-16, 02:18 PM
I belatedly realize... Zhaag's IC move might not be entirely technically possible.
Confirm, chief? Is a Drop-Drop-Draw-Charge possible under the circumstances?

Why'd I go for the warscythe? In that space, koff, big square can't quite chase down small square.

Err... No, that move isn't possible for a couple of reasons.

1: To Charge, you must be able to move at least half of your base movement speed before reaching your target. Using the Warscythe, you wouldn't be moving at all.
2: While dropping a weapon is free, dropping a shield is a Move action. While you can combine it with a Charge, unless you have Quick Draw you cannot both drop a shield and draw a melee weapon in the same turn as you attack.

Also, keep in mind that said move is not, as of now, necessary. Enlarge Person grants a ten-foot reach, which means that you could still hit Tartuk without moving at all. If you'd like to revise your actions, feel free to edit the IC content of your post and roll any different dice you might need (like, for example, the different damage from Zhaag's scimitar) here in the OOC.

Miraqariftsky
2013-09-17, 12:13 PM
Answers acknowledged and appreciated, chief.

Alrighty then.
Standard attack: [roll0]
AoO: [roll1]

DaedalusMkV
2013-09-24, 01:04 AM
Alright, I know that both Nexus and NR have been having IRL troubles recently, so I'll just say that if there are no new posts by the time I get home from work tomorrow I will bot them to keep things moving.

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-04, 03:23 AM
Once again, if nobody's posted by the time I get home from work tomorrow I'll assume you're standing by passively and agree with what Kalezin's said so far.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-05, 07:51 AM
Third level! Woot!

Spellcraft checks for identification
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Also, 4 hp. Where do we keep track of the loot?

Athaleon
2013-10-05, 08:22 AM
Sorry if it seems like I haven't been keeping up, I just couldn't think of anything to say besides "...Very good, what he said."

Gideon will help to try to identify the magic items.

Spellcraft:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

North_Ranger
2013-10-07, 12:20 PM
Spellcraft aid anothers:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

And we roll new hp at each level, correct? Let's see if Erastil still wishes Miron to continue his penitence: [roll4]

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-07, 03:19 PM
That's good enough to identify all the magic items.

The armbands are Bracers of Armour +2.
The scroll is a Scroll of Fly
The Wand is a Wand of Magic Missile, CL3. You would need to use an Identify spell to determine how many charges are left on it, though you know for a fact that at least 3 were used against you by Tartuk.
The dust seems to be Dust of Illusion.



Where do we keep track of the loot?

Current table of unsold items:

Wand of Burning Hands (2 Charges left) (Kalezin has this)
Wand of Magic Missile CL3
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Potion of Invisibility
Potion of Enlarge Person
Heatstone
Bracers of Armour +2
Dust of Illusion
Masterwork Sickle

Undistributed GP:
411

GP distributed:
Miron: 26
Everyone Else: 377

I will add this to the OP, and update when prompted by you guys.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-07, 03:24 PM
Well, the Enlarge potion should go to either Gideon or Rico. The Wand I think is useless, because noone has this spell in his list (or does Gideon have it?). I say we trade it for another wand, and pay the difference if necessary. The CLW potion can go to anyone.

As for the rest, the bracers we can either sell it or keep it, though Kalezin does need it that much. The Dust, not sure how to use it.

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-07, 03:29 PM
Well, the Enlarge potion should go to either Gideon or Rico. The Wand I think is useless, because noone has this spell in his list (or does Gideon have it?). I say we trade it for another wand, and pay the difference if necessary. The CLW potion can go to anyone.

As for the rest, the bracers we can either sell it or keep it, though Kalezin does need it that much. The Dust, not sure how to use it.

Gideon can use the wand just fine, since Magic Missile is on the Magus spell list. It's also worth quite a bit of money, should you sell it, as are the bracers.

Ancient Hippo
2013-10-08, 02:12 PM
Urgh, I'm having trouble leveling up... Deciding to go crossbow is coming back to bite me in the donkey. :smallannoyed: Not to mention that all the teamwork feats suck for a ranged combatant...

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-08, 02:32 PM
Crossbow Mastery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/crossbow-mastery-combat)plus a Heavy Crossbow isn't a bad way to do it, since you're reloading it like it was a bow and the extra damage die size somewhat cancels out not having access to Compound. Plus, you can fire without penalty in melee. It's the Feat you go for if you want to pretend your crossbow is a longbow.

Also, it looks like Kalezin's sheet is a little bit out of date, since his HP and level haven't been updated since level 1.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-08, 02:58 PM
Also, it looks like Kalezin's sheet is a little bit out of date, since his HP and level haven't been updated since level 1.


What? This sheet (http://goo.gl/pX4Rbm) with the 16 HPs?

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-08, 03:26 PM
What? This sheet (http://goo.gl/pX4Rbm) with the 16 HPs?

I rather meant this sheet, with the 6 HPs. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=451055) I hadn't realized you'd switched over to a different one...

Will substitute that in the player table...

ProudGrognard
2013-10-08, 03:28 PM
OK I do not know what happened. I have been using the other sheet since for ever.

I am really sorry, I really do not know what happened.

Ancient Hippo
2013-10-08, 04:03 PM
Crossbow Mastery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/crossbow-mastery-combat)plus a Heavy Crossbow isn't a bad way to do it, since you're reloading it like it was a bow and the extra damage die size somewhat cancels out not having access to Compound. Plus, you can fire without penalty in melee. It's the Feat you go for if you want to pretend your crossbow is a longbow.


Point-Blank Shot it is then. You know, after I get that one, I could start taking TWF feats, and start dual-wielding +1 speed heavy repeating crossbows and pretend that I'm a machine gun. :smallbiggrin:

HP [roll0]

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-08, 05:45 PM
Point-Blank Shot it is then. You know, after I get that one, I could start taking TWF feats, and start dual-wielding +1 speed heavy repeating crossbows and pretend that I'm a machine gun. :smallbiggrin:



Naw, you can't one-hand a Heavy Crossbow. You totally could dual-wield repeating Light Crossbows, but that -4 penalty on attack rolls is pretty steep, albeit hilariously awesome.

Besides, why bother with that when you can totally apply Manyshot and Rapid Shot to a single Heavy Crossbow with Crossbow Mastery? Shoot five or six times with one non-repeating Crossbow and watch as people give you odd looks for doing it ten times faster than anyone rightly should.

Ancient Hippo
2013-10-10, 03:33 PM
Hey guys, I'll be away for an week. I'm terribly sorry for not telling you earlier, but I thought that I'd be able to post. Turns out that I most likely can't. :smallfrown:

Anyway, see you in a week, unless internet withdrawal has turned me unable to operate an keyboard. :smallbiggrin:

North_Ranger
2013-10-11, 02:43 PM
And sorry for my silence. Rough week + helicopter parents... Gonna try and post tomorrow after I get some shut-eye.

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-11, 06:04 PM
It's no worry. Looks like we might be taking it a bit slow for the next week or so, since Athaleon's AFK. I'll probably extend this scene 'till he's back, if only for convenience's sake.

Athaleon
2013-10-11, 08:01 PM
But I did post in this scene.

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-12, 01:10 AM
But I did post in this scene.

I... Uh. I actually meant Ancient Hippo. My mistake, sorry.

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-18, 01:43 AM
Is there anything else you'd like to say or do while visiting the Kobolds, or anything I've forgotten to resolve, or shall I move the game forwards again?

ProudGrognard
2013-10-18, 04:30 AM
I am good to go.

North_Ranger
2013-10-18, 09:56 AM
Likewise, as it seems Miron's efforts to set up a coffee-for-silver trade scheme with the kobolds isn't taking off :smallwink:

Athaleon
2013-10-19, 01:12 PM
Ready to move on.

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-21, 03:20 PM
Sorry for the unannounced absence, folks. I was out of town for the weekend and thought I'd have internet access the whole time. I did not. I'll have an IC post together some time soon.


Likewise, as it seems Miron's efforts to set up a coffee-for-silver trade scheme with the kobolds isn't taking off :smallwink:

Ah, that's my fault. The Kobolds don't actually have much of anything by way of silver ore on hand, and seem moderately surprised that anyone would want a bunch of brittle mottled rocks to begin with, since they aren't even any good to build with. Once Chief Sootscale understands that the ore can be smelted into shiny silver, he'll immediately perk up and start considering the possibility.

The Sootscales will happily trade for anything they can't produce for themselves that people might want. Metal armour, weapons and tools, spices, and foodstuffs not available in the Greenbelt are all the sorts of thing you could make a profit from trading with them, assuming you can secure a ready supply.

Functionally, they will buy certain things from you at a decent price should you look to sell them, but trade with them as a long-term revenue source won't come into play until we hit the kingdom-building phase of this game.

Athaleon
2013-10-22, 07:14 PM
With this neck of the woods secured, I guess the only lead we have is to take the fight to the Stag Lord. And we'll have to catch him in the wilderness somewhere, or it'll be us, minus an army, against a castle.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-23, 01:23 AM
We can always try and finish the various sidequests we have going. Or am I lost again, and these are in a different part

As for the Stag Lord, I say we go and bluff our way into his camp, at night. We did have some prisoners secured, didn't we? Maybe there is a password. Or we can scout the fortress and find a way to go in. I am not sure the fortress would be in such fine condition.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-23, 02:31 AM
Just a heads up: Due to important family matters, I may post sparingly over the next week(s). Bot as necessary!

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-23, 01:02 PM
We can always try and finish the various sidequests we have going. Or am I lost again, and these are in a different part.

Current side-quests:

Deal with the Kobolds, find Svetlana's wedding ring (complete, just need to collect your rewards)

Miron's dream of a broken temple in the western Greenbelt.
Collect some Moon Radishes for Oleg.
Kill a deadly boar named Tuskgutter.

It's up to you whether it's worth your time to finish them.

Also, sorry for the lack of an IC update. I managed to get myself majorly sick over the last couple days and spent most of them in bed. I'll also get an update to the map done ASAP.

Athaleon
2013-10-23, 04:08 PM
Forgot about those. OOC I'd like to do all of them, and I'll make sure Gideon is amenable IC.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-24, 12:24 AM
I am also up for doing them first. No reason to rush.

I say we go for them! The temple first and anything else in the vicinity.

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-24, 02:40 AM
I say we go for them! The temple first and anything else in the vicinity.

Remember, you don't know exactly where the temple is at this time, save that it's somewhere in the western portion of the Greenbelt. The statue of Erastil Jaxon told you about is not the temple you're looking for.

That said, going exploring is certainly a valid tactic...

Ancient Hippo
2013-10-24, 01:39 PM
I'm back!

Well, actually I was back a few days ago, but **** happened. Mostly figurative **** thankfully, but I'll spare you the details.

As for the side quests, I vote for going to explore the western side. We can look for the boar or radishes after we've found the temple.

North_Ranger
2013-10-24, 03:27 PM
As I loathe leaving anything unfinished, let's do all the side quests :) Maybe drop off the ring and pick up supplies at Oleg's, then go hunting for the temple.

Also, thank you for the feedback on Miron's mercantile scheme :smallsmile: I know it's way too early to see any concrete results from it, but I like to think Miron managed to plant the seeds of something greater. IC post... gotta wait til tomorrow. Tired as hell.

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-27, 05:04 PM
Alright, the consensus seems to be heading out to explore the western portion of the Greenbelt, looking for Miron's temple as a fair priority.

Please vote for one of the following:

1: Go back to Oleg's trading post first to sell anything you might want to sell, buy anything you might want to buy and claim your fairly substantial rewards for completed missions, then head west and begin exploring from the northwest.

2: Head directly west, exploring the area from the southwest and heading north, then maybe head for Oleg's later.