PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker: Into the Green OOC

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ProudGrognard
2013-10-28, 07:52 AM
I am fine either way. But perhaps Oleg's is more strategically sound to do.

North_Ranger
2013-10-28, 08:55 AM
Agreed. Oleg's for trade and re-supply.

Athaleon
2013-10-28, 09:05 PM
On top of everything else, we can ensure that any newcomers to the area know not to harass the Kobolds. Gideon will agree to the side quests in the hopes that more materiel and support trickle in, before they start to engage the Stag Lord's men.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-29, 04:20 AM
Should we do Oleg's episode online or oflline? I prefer the former.

Kalezin know has almost 700 gps. I think it is time he acquited some 2nd level scrolls. I am thinking Web, Haunting Mist, See invisibility, Burning gaze for 600 gps. What do you all think?

North_Ranger
2013-10-29, 02:12 PM
If memory serves, Miron hasn't gotten much new coin since joining the party, so it's 81gp and change + 400gp.

Hmmm.. as much as I'd love to just blow all my money on better armor, one scroll of Lesser Restoration (for 150gp) could go a long way. After that, let's pick up some more trade goods:
- 2x 1-pound sack of coffee beans (1sp in total)
- 2x 1-pound sack of tobacco (1gp in total)
- 2x 1-pound jar of honey (2gp)
- 2x 1-pound jar of maple syrup (4gp)
- 2x 1-pound jar of ginger (4gp)

Plus
1x adventurer's sash (20gp)
2x alchemist's fire (40gp)

Rest... How long would we have to wait for scrolls?

Current remainder of 400gp: 178gp 9sp

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-31, 01:57 AM
Rest... How long would we have to wait for scrolls?

Current remainder of 400gp: 178gp 9sp
Willison the Halfling Wizard has set up at Oleg's trading post, and has Scribe Scroll handy, which means that he can provide first level scrolls at a rate of one per day. He currently isn't quite able to cast 2nd level spells, so he will only be able to create scrolls of spells your characters are able to cast at 2nd level for the moment.

If you want to acquire a scroll of a 2nd level spell or otherwise learn such a spell, you'll need to ask Oleg to order it in from Restov, which takes 5 days.

ProudGrognard:
Oleg does in fact have scrolls of Web and See Invisibility available immediately, both having been recommended to him as very popular spells. For the other two spells, he'll need to send off to Restov to order them in. Is that acceptable?

ProudGrognard
2013-10-31, 02:51 AM
Just noticed that I already know Burning Gaze! So, I am thinking of augury instead, but will this meet with your acceptance as a DM? Using such a spell in the campaign?

I am asking because some DMs are uncomfortable with that. I can always ask for Frost Fall for example, or Summon Swarm.

DaedalusMkV
2013-10-31, 03:22 AM
Just noticed that I already know Burning Gaze! So, I am thinking of augury instead, but will this meet with your acceptance as a DM? Using such a spell in the campaign?

I am asking because some DMs are uncomfortable with that. I can always ask for Frost Fall for example, or Summon Swarm.

Augury in particular is quite acceptable for this campaign. Because it's unreliable, the results are vague and the amount of forewarning it can give you is reasonably short (only half an hour isn't a long time in a campaign expected to take between 3 and 5 in-game years to complete), I do not foresee it being disruptive in any particular fashion. If you want to use it, feel free. If nothing else it's a fairly classic shamanistic ability.

Ancient Hippo
2013-10-31, 04:15 AM
Stupid spotty internet connection.

Caerwyn will just buy more bolts. :smalltongue: (20 cold iron, 20 silver and 100 common ones to be exact) Nothing expensive, I'm saving my gold for something bigger. Though I'm still not sure what exactly. :smallbiggrin:

ProudGrognard
2013-10-31, 08:37 AM
Augury in particular is quite acceptable for this campaign. Because it's unreliable, the results are vague and the amount of forewarning it can give you is reasonably short (only half an hour isn't a long time in a campaign expected to take between 3 and 5 in-game years to complete), I do not foresee it being disruptive in any particular fashion. If you want to use it, feel free. If nothing else it's a fairly classic shamanistic ability.

I think I will go with Summon Swarm after all.

North_Ranger
2013-11-01, 01:01 PM
Damn. So guys, do you want to head out nopw or wait until Miron gets his scroll from Restov? Considering how much of a pain in the tuchus the Red Ache was, I think we ought to keep at least some manner of curative scroll prepared for such an occasion.

ProudGrognard
2013-11-01, 01:45 PM
My scrolls will take the same time. But I think we can clean up some side quests in that time and be ready for the Big Fight!

What do you say?

Ancient Hippo
2013-11-02, 06:27 AM
We could go pick the radishes while waiting for the scrolls. They're pretty close, and it shouldn't be too dangerous.

Ancient Hippo
2013-11-07, 06:24 PM
So, if we're done shopping, we could move on with the game? Or is someone still waiting for something?

Athaleon
2013-11-07, 07:06 PM
I'm ready to move on. Sorry for not posting IC, but this is really a metagame concern - Gideon is going to save up his gold for when he gets some time (and the feat) to start crafting magic items.

DaedalusMkV
2013-11-07, 11:57 PM
I'm just waiting for someone to post IC, really. Until I've got at least one course of action in I've got nothing to actually resolve.

ProudGrognard
2013-11-08, 04:27 AM
I think we agreed that we were going to order the scrolls, buy those that are available right now, scribe them and next day move on to the lesser quests. What kind of IC post are you looking for, Daedalus? I ask so that I get right to it.

Spellcraft DC 17 for the See Invisible and Web Spells

[roll0]
[roll1]

and minus 600 gps. Is that right?

North_Ranger
2013-11-08, 08:29 AM
Ah, okay. Sorry about that. Miron will take what we discussed, along with two gallons of applejack. For trade purposes ;) And place an order for that scrol of restoration.

I assume the remainder of the coin he gets to keep?

DaedalusMkV
2013-11-09, 02:47 AM
Is that right?
Yes, quite correct.

Ah, okay. Sorry about that. Miron will take what we discussed, along with two gallons of applejack. For trade purposes ;) And place an order for that scrol of restoration.

I assume the remainder of the coin he gets to keep?

Lesser Restoration is available immediately, or close enough to it, being generally in quite high demand. You can get scrolls or potions of Lesser Restoration at a rate of one per day until you run out of money, functionally, since there is at least one spellcaster in the immediate vicinity capable of scribing or brewing it.

Also, currently fighting a really nasty flu which may delay posting somewhat. I'll try to get something up tomorrow, but no guarantees.

North_Ranger
2013-11-10, 11:52 AM
Righto, I'll amend that on my sheet. And take care of yourself, mate. Seasonal flus are a... female dog.

Ancient Hippo
2013-11-19, 05:38 PM
Hey Daedalus, what do you think about the retraining rules (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining)? If we can use them, could I change Caerwyn's archetype to this one (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor/archetypes/paizo---inquisitor-archetypes/preacher)? I know that we're already 3rd level and thus he'd have to spend money and time retraining, but I thought that you might feel merciful since we haven't been in a combat after gaining that level and thus he hasn't actually used the class feature being replaced yet. If you don't, that's O.K, I'll just do it at the earliest possible opportunity and pay the costs. And if you'd rather not use the retraining rules at all, that's O.K too. After all, nobody forced me to do bad decisions. :smallbiggrin:

DaedalusMkV
2013-11-19, 06:53 PM
Hey Daedalus, what do you think about the retraining rules (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining)? If we can use them, could I change Caerwyn's archetype to this one (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor/archetypes/paizo---inquisitor-archetypes/preacher)? I know that we're already 3rd level and thus he'd have to spend money and time retraining, but I thought that you might feel merciful since we haven't been in a combat after gaining that level and thus he hasn't actually used the class feature being replaced yet. If you don't, that's O.K, I'll just do it at the earliest possible opportunity and pay the costs. And if you'd rather not use the retraining rules at all, that's O.K too. After all, nobody forced me to do bad decisions. :smallbiggrin:

Since nothing's really happened between level up and this point, feel free to change anything you did at level-up that you feel was a mistake. No need to spend time or money retraining.

I will allow the use of the retraining rules in the future, but keep in mind that it can become very time and money consuming to retrain at higher levels, and the world won't always be willing to wait two weeks for you while you spend every waking moment tweaking your character sheet.

Ancient Hippo
2013-11-19, 07:31 PM
Thanks! The thing with most teamwork feats is that they require you to be adjacent to an ally, which is kind of hard when you're an archer. Now Caerwyn will just have to live up to the archetype's name.

*Knock, Knock*

-Yes?

-Good day, Madam. Have you heard about Ydersius?

-Not really. Who he is?

-Oh, an ancient snake-god. Areas of concern include, including but not limited to: Chaos, evil, poison, snakes and immortality. If you're interested, we'll be having a meeting...

*Getting visibly nervous*-I'm not really that sure-

-I know, that "evil" part sounds a bit iffy, doesn't it? But I think that the "chaos" part makes it worth it; Better dead than Asmodean, right?

-Sure, uh... Wait here, I'll go get my... Cousin. Yes, my cousin. He might be interested.

-That's fine, I'll wait.

Five minutes later, Mrs Smith returns with the town's sheriff and two dozen of angry-looking men with pitchforks and torches, much to the bewilderment of the poor Inquisitor.

All right, maybe there is a need to be a bit subtler than that. :smalltongue:

DaedalusMkV
2013-11-21, 03:49 AM
Working on the update now. Thanks to an unfortunate computer issue I've lost all my maps, which is leaving me a little bit frustrated finding a grid I like. Delays may follow, but hopefully I'll have something in tomorrow.

DaedalusMkV
2013-11-27, 03:22 PM
Last call for IC actions. I'll be putting in the update when I get home from work tonight.

ProudGrognard
2013-11-30, 01:57 AM
I have some very,very,very bad news.

North Ranger, who played Miron in our campaign, has passed away from cancer. He had been struggling for some time now, but he bore it with optimism and rare dignity. I have played with him in several groups here, and he was always an excellent RPer and an excellent companion.

DaedalusMkV
2013-11-30, 04:48 AM
I have some very,very,very bad news.

North Ranger, who played Miron in our campaign, has passed away from cancer. He had been struggling for some time now, but he bore it with optimism and rare dignity. I have played with him in several groups here, and he was always an excellent RPer and an excellent companion.

Oh. Wow. I hadn't realized that his condition was quite that bad. That really sucks. :smallfrown:

Um... Nexus should be back soon, but that still leaves us two people short until the situation over there stabilizes, and frankly... Ugh. That's genuinely terrible news.

I'm really not sure what to do right now. Press on, I suppose? Damn, but this is definitely a first for me. I might need to take a couple days off and re-evaluate things.

ProudGrognard
2013-11-30, 06:02 AM
Take your time Daedalus. I did also.

Ancient Hippo
2013-11-30, 07:41 AM
This really is terrible. :smallfrown:

Athaleon
2013-12-02, 12:25 PM
I'm all for taking a break for this bad news.

DaedalusMkV
2013-12-12, 05:01 PM
All right, back again.

I'd like a vote, if that's okay with you guys, on what to do next.

A) Pack it in, call it quits. In this case, I'm still up for GMing, but this particular campaign is getting to be littered with former PCs and what have you. I'll start something new, maybe a bit more linear, and if you guys are on board I'll happily guarantee you a spot in that game. Probably either Council of Thieves or Curse of the Crimson Throne, since I've already played through both of those.

B) Continue, muddle through this fight and recruit a replacement for NR and Miron. I've still got a couple of people on file saved from the last recruitment run, and could contact them to see if they want to bring their character in.

C) Continue, I'll GMPC/NPC Miron for a while. I'm not a huge fan of this option, since it's more work for me and seems kind of disrespectful, but I've kind of gone and integrated him into a couple of plotlines by this point...

Athaleon
2013-12-12, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure about the best way to proceed. If the others want to start a new campaign I'm totally up for it. Otherwise, another option would be a short fast-forward to an appropriate juncture, and recruit more players.

ProudGrognard
2013-12-12, 09:36 PM
I think a new campaign would be best. This one has recruited once too many. And I would gladly sit on your table again, Daedalus.

However, if we go that way, I would suggest trying to institute a "once per day" post policy. Otherwise, it becomes difficult to be engaged with the game.

Just my 2cp.

DaedalusMkV
2013-12-15, 04:37 AM
Update for my players in this game who might be interested:

I will be starting a new campaign, with recruitment going up on Monday. It will probably be Wrath of the Righteous. For those who might be interested in joining, I'll post a link in this thread when it goes up, and for those who aren't, I'd just like to say that it's been great to have you around.

I suppose that this marks the official end of Kingmaker: Into the Green. See you all in another thread.

DaedalusMkV
2013-12-16, 08:10 PM
Recruitment for my Wrath of the Righteous game is now up. If you're interested, follow this link. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16628780#post16628780)