PDA

View Full Version : MTG: To Begin IC

Erik Vale
2012-07-11, 09:42 PM
This post is currently in progress, If you found it on your own, turn around and back away. I'll link it when it's done.

To Begin:
A Planeswalkers Tale

"The multi-verse was mended, the planes had become... Safer, in a sense. Planeswalkers where now diminished, some fighting threats, others being threats, all tinkering in their own ways."
The man stop speaking, looking at his golem scribe.
"However, the planes are now more open then ever. Nothing is locked away from us, bar that the world of imagining. It is as if the Mending made the multi-verse better than it had ever been. To this end, I now do my work on Ergamon, using the planes natural magic, to practice all of the magics."
A light knock rapped against a wooden door. It was ignored.
"Now, I seek to gather planeswalkers, that they might gather to defend the world, from the inevitable horrors. I seek them as they spawn, and to this I have errected a monument, based on Borderposts, Manaliths, Obelisks, and other such monuments of power. I know not if it works, but today I must leave for a time short. For this reason, I leave a message, should anyone land upon this plane."
The planeswalker nodded, having finished, and walks out the wooden door, having just been rapped on. The Golem already knew it's task, and proceeded to perform it. It was now but a time of waiting.

---
((Individual Characters, Read if you are the named, not to important, spoiled mainly for length.))

Mark Anthony
While volenteering/working in an Affrican Library re-ordering a cluster of shelves, you started to hear some loud thumps. Surprised, you jumped into a shelf. Then the shelf began to lean the other way, and a louder boom occurred, seeming just outside the library, and the heavy shelf began to really fall. In your surprise, you froze, and then adrenaline and a desire to 'fly' rose in you. It was to late, muscles flexing to move the last thing you saw before you awoke, was a bookshelf falling upon you, certain to crush bones. But it didn't. Everything faded in a brilliant white light.

Samuel Holden
Waking up from your sleep to a whining sound followed by an explosion, you climbed out of your small tent worried, and then the ground began to rumble ominously. Something had triggered a landslide.
The only thing you could think of to do was run, something stupidly told you to just run down the mountain.
With adrenalin driven speed you ran, full of flight. You flung your head over your shoulder in a desperate glance for hope, but all was for naught, a giant boulder was following, about to reduce you to a gory pancake. You had heard of men and women having their muscles constraint losenned for superhuman strength, but there was no chance, muscles bunching you went to leap sideways, but before your feet left the ground, the world dissolved around you. A while later, you awoke...

Wallace Eliot Part

Over the speakers you here the words dreaded by all flyiers after turbulance or something else has struck the plane.
Engine Failure
You plane begun rapidly descending towards the side of a snow capped African mountain, there was nothing you could do.
One of the passengers screamed "Brace Yourself!", and by god did you brace.
Then the world around you dissolved around you in white light. Had you feinted? The thought occurs to you as you wake up...

Matt Rosengren
You wake up in the night to the sounds of a crashing plane, a whineing that brought you out of your large tent, in which many slept, and then a loud boom as the plane struck the side of the mountain.
You attempted to outrun the avalanche that it triggered.
Tirring, your adrenalin pumped body starts complaining, you miss a step, your attention wavers, and a crevasse opens before you, then the snow behind you slams into your back, and everything disappears into a white light.

Michael Grimm

There is only so much you can do.
A riot started in the city at the mountains base, and it was supported by terrorists of the worst kind.
Those with the advantage.
Slowly, with your men whittled down and wanting to fight to the last, you lead them charging into an occupied building in an attempt to break through the noose.
Then a missile of some description enters your view, and as you expect, everything around you dissolves into white light.
What you didn't expect, was to wake up afterwards, with a refreshed body and a tired mind....

Adam Nassir

You where out drinking, your sorrows once again had the best of you. It was sad, but true.
Ducking through a ally, you realise with a horrified gaze your error. Fighting errupts around you, American peacekeepers and a crowd fight, trying to duck back in you are hit by a Molotov Cocktail, thrown by a pregnant mother. Your last thoughts, or so you thought, are 'I don't want to die', a thought that surprised you.
As the world dissolved in red and blue light, you fully expected death to claim you. But it didn't.

---

A Shared Dream

Somewhere, in the nowheres between the planes, you all here something, as together you drift towards an unlikely plane. Something that you would all conclude came to you in a dream, should you never encounter the beings again.

"6. 6 from the world of imagining. All to the same place?"
"An oddity."
"Do we split?"
"Stop from gaining power. But go to the beacon."
"Will miss."
"We could take choice and grant safety."
"No. This is the will of the world, we should not intervene. Leave, must be of import."

---
Awakening

Together, you all awake in a crude circle, each physically refreshed but emotionally exhausted. Trees bigger than sky scrappers and ferns of all kinds surround you. Each of you seem to be unharmed from your 'deaths', with Adam Nassir bearing no sign of burn. It seems to be as the greenery of an ancient forest. For some reason no sounds reach your ears beyond those of each other, and no animal seems to move.
And then, a deep bungle seems to come from the canopy, but far above and to the west.
And then, a shrill metallic sound, somewhat like a horn, comes far from the north west, an answering cry maybe?

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-12, 03:28 PM
Mark Anthony

Rubbing his head, Mark stands up slowly. He can feel the energy of this place...raw, potent energy. It was invigorating, but merely sensing the power seemed to drain him, as if the power was connecting with something deep inside him that he didn't understand.

"Does anyone know where we are? Last I remember I was falling off a ladder, and I wake up here."

Space Lawyer
2012-07-12, 03:33 PM
I have no idea. Who are you people, and how did we get here? The last thing I remember is a boulder coming towards me. I'm Samuel Holden, by the way. You can call me Sam.

Fremen
2012-07-12, 04:08 PM
Michael Grimm rolled onto his back with a groan, his eyes blinking away the last vestiges of the white light which had taken him. After a moment he raised his head and looked around, his weapon clutched tightly to his chest, and took stock as some of the others began to speak. He felt different, in a way he had never experienced before; but then, there were a lot of new experiences to process at the moment. Dying, for example.

For him there had been no boulder, no ladder, no accident, just the muzzle flares of the terrorist guns, and that infernal RPG round. He looked around, his head darting as he looked for any sign of his men, but everyone he saw were new to him.

As was the forest.

There was something about it, something he could feel, deeply within himself, like a vibration which was out of tune.

"Grimm," he said finally, in response to Sam's introduction. "Does anyone else feel that? Something in the trees, or the air..."

At the sound of the horn calls he leapt to his feet, rifle up and panning across the distance in the direction of the blast. His aim darted around with the cry of the second one, still held ready. "Anyone recognize that sound?"

Space Lawyer
2012-07-12, 04:38 PM
I recognize a hunting horn when I hear it. Whoever it is, they've caught sight of something. Hopefully not us. Might be an alarm though, or a battle. I'd suggest we not be out in the open, but still go see what it is. Keep to the foliage, and stay low.

Fremen
2012-07-12, 04:49 PM
Grimm looked sidelong at Sam. "Foliage? We're surrounded trees the size of downtown office buildings, I don't suppose you know how to climb one in a hurry?" Despite that, there was good advice in not being in the open, and so he starting to look around for somewhere to hunker down.

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-12, 05:22 PM
What you took to be a small boulder, rolled over and a small dog jumped out. The large guy getting to his feet, looks grumpy and kinda dishevled.

"Names Matt, this is Pudge." He gestures to the pug, which is growling in the direction of the noise.

At the sound of the horn, he grunts.

"Hunting horn, and theres something bad around. No other reason for it to be this quiet. Pudge, here you dimbulb."

The pug moves over to arms reach, and he picks her up. His hoodie has a pouch in it, and he places her inside it. She sticks her head out, and seems to be keeping a lookout.

"Climb for head underground, either way, lets keep a ear out."

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-12, 05:26 PM
Mark Anthony

"For all we know, the hunters are seeking us to rescue us. I'm not sure what kind of lives you've all lead, but running away from people who are making no attempt to hide themselves seems to be foolish. I believe they are here to help us, or at least have shown no indication of being harmful to us." He takes off his glasses, and cleans them. Surprisingly, they have not been damaged by the fall, or teleportation to this strange place. "My name is Mark Anthony, by the way."

Fremen
2012-07-12, 05:35 PM
"Rescue us? You know many hunting parties that rescue people? Most I know of just hunt," he said, incredulous. "For all I know, we're in heaven, or hell, and in either case hiding isn't going to hurt any more than it will help. Regardless, we have no idea where we are, or what is happening, and I don't like wandering into the complete unknown with a hope and a prayer."

Ge gestured to the base of one of mammoth trees, "Let's at least watch from somewhere slightly safer. I can't think of any plan where we stand to gain more by waiting here in the open instead of hunkering down. Let's watch, and if they seem friendly, whoever they are, then we can always approach them, no harm done."

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-12, 05:41 PM
"Always look on the bad side. Better survival rate. Pudge, let me know if you see anything." Pudge snorts.

Moving on over to the tree. Damn, that thing is big. So, stands to reason that the hunters might also be as big, or their quarry is as well. But, this is a tropical jungle. Spiders and snakes are going to be stealth threats.

"Should watch out for spiders and snakes."

Damn, it's bloody hot. Lets see if theres room in the tangled mess of roots...

Space Lawyer
2012-07-12, 05:43 PM
Sam ties a rope around a convenient log, and tosses it up into the tree. When he feels like he has the log securely wedged in the crook of some branches, he begins to climb.

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-12, 10:58 PM
One of the last to wake up, Adam Nassir arises screaming.

"AAAHhh! AAHhh! I'm on fire help me!" Looking down at his hands he realizes he isn't on fire at all. "Nevermind..." He looks at the other people around him, none of them he recognizes.

"Who the heck are you people?" He asks.

Erik Vale
2012-07-13, 11:08 PM
As you begin dispersing, Adam wakes up, quickly you convince him to hide. Soon you have all found some sort of place to hide, amongst the branches of trees that have low hanging branches, amongst ferns, in depressions and logs.

You don't have to wait to long worried, as huge wings seem to beat amongst the spaces between trees. After a while, the beating stops, and then there is a solid thud of something heavy and hard striking the mess of plants that cover the ground, making the entire forest seem to be a green room supported by brown pillars, with bright patches of colour spread almost randomly in the form of flowers.

Then stamping steps begin to make there way towards you, and a being of greyish steel walks amongst you, rippling with colours ranging from brilliant whites and yellows to deep blacks and blues chaotically, bearing emblems just as chaotic, it slowly makes it to the point where you all woke up.
And it looks around as if confused.

Then slowly, a metallic rasping voice issues from the odd golem.

"They are not here... It was were it registered... You wish to assume control? Not have me search.... As you will..."

The machine looks down, and seems to die, crumpling to the ground. IT is lying pointing away from where all of you happen to be hiding...

((Image of Golem))
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=72862&type=card

((No posting for a couple of days or OOC/IC) posts to stay where you are will have the game continue

Erik Vale
2012-07-15, 08:53 PM
Suddenly, the golem rises, standing tall. Adam, Mark and Wallace all sense a strange something around the golem. It's a week something, focusing around the head and leading off somewhere. Then is speaks, it's voice is less mettalic, more... Fluid.

"Greetings. I am Nardoll, and I have come here merely to speak. However, danger is aproaching in the form of-"

The man is cut of by a deep bungle, it seems to be more animal in nature now. Like a hunting call.

"From.. That, I can't identify it from this form. I repeat, I mean you no harm. If however, you do not trust me, know that I will not hold it against you, and will welcome you with open arm's, as will any of my golems. I am unsure of whether or not the other inhabitants of this plane will help, but they may... If you decide to run but latter seek mine, move towards the tallest mountain you can find. There will be a large platau to the south of it.... Please come out, for your own safety."

After a time, should noone move, the Golem will look down, and as if following something, slowly move to the east.

Players time to act. No one needs to be east of the golem unless they want to be, nor will they neccessarily be found. The bungle seems to be comming closer....

I've just noticed that I ended up landing you with noone that is noted as genre savvy towards Magic. As such, any one or more of you can be, however I would prefer Adam not to (was going on a suicide binge), Matt and Sam are unlikly to be, but it is not impossible to concieve.
However, none of you have to be.

Any of those that chose to be may begin recognising things from any point from now. As the plane isn't named nor major, you won't recognise it, but you may recognise the Golem.

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-15, 09:02 PM
Adam looked closely at the golem. Maybe he had no idea what it was, but he was an engineer, and it looked mechanical in nature. It was tall and slender, probably too slender to carry any form of weapons. He turned to the closest person to him and whispered. "I'm not sure that thing has any weaponry on it. I'm not saying we should trust it, but if it is malicious, I don't think that was its original purpose. I'll go out there and talk to it, if it tries to attack all of you run and I'll keep it distracted for as long as possible."

Adam left the bushes he was hiding in and approached the golem. "OK, you found me. I don't feel like running anymore. So what do you want from me?"

Erik Vale
2012-07-15, 09:39 PM
The Golem turns to face Adam. It was quite obvious to any who had a clue what may have happened Adam had no clue. Or was fearless.

"Greetings. I am here as a housekeeper of Lord Commander Alexia. One of my duties was to watch over an experiment he was toying with before he left on... Vacation. It was designed to draw beings like you to this realm when you first..... Awakened. With you and any others that Arrive, I am here to offer safety and knowledge while I await for my lords return, who seeks the same, however I have not been made aware of his end purpose. I could pose a guess however...."

The bungle cuts through the air again. It is closer, and it is very easy to tell it is comming from above and closing fast.... As to what it is....

"But first, I would suggest that we be off, for your safety if nothing else. I can hazard a guess as to what That is, and while it would be easy for this form to deal with in it's present state, it presents a danger to you, and any others who landed with you."

Space Lawyer
2012-07-15, 09:53 PM
Well, the thing does seem like it at least isn't actively trying to harm us. I've still got a few questions though. Sam climbs down from the tree. What do you guess the bugling to be about? And why should we trust you? As far as I can tell, you just somehow messed with reality in a major way, assuming this isn't a hallucination of some sort. One moment, I'm about to die, and the next, I'm talking to a giant metal man. It seems more likely that this all a result of a massive head injury, rather than, oh I don't know, reality quit working!

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-15, 09:56 PM
The Jewish Rabbis had a name for something like this. Golem. Strange though.

"I'll go with you. You don't seem hostile, and Pudge here don't like that noise."
Pudge is in fact growling and snarling in the deriection of the noise.

"And she's a better judge of character them me, so I'll go with."

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-16, 09:31 AM
Adam approached the Golem and walked around it slowly. Even though he hadn't looked at a set of blueprints in years, already he could see the form and parts connecting themselves in his mind. The gears and actuators fell into place one by one, servo motors rotated into place and support beams built up the inner frame of the golem. There was only one problem, the power source. Adam couldn't think of anything with enough power to run such a complex machine

"Nardoll, you said 'people like us'. What did you mean by that? There's nothing special about me, unless you want your house burned down." He turned to look at the other plainswalkers that were there with him. "I say we follow Nardoll, he hasn't killed us yet right?" Adam pulled out a notebook and pencil from his pocket and began writing down figures. It was the first time he'd attempted anything like that in years.

So when Adam is feeling self-destructive and/or dangerous he'll speak in red letters and when his creativity and curiosity kick in he speaks in dark slate blue.
Also starting equipment:
Cargo shorts
T-shirt
Light Jacket
6 mechanical pencils
2 pocket notebooks
wallet
passport
swiss army knife

Erik Vale
2012-07-16, 06:21 PM
Nardoll waits, nodding as he watches the planeswalkers slowly come out of hiding. He lets all the planeswalker speak before he does, giving himself time to think. Afterwards he takes a short moment to organise his thoughts...

"Apologise, I forget that not all beings know of the multiple planes, and other such lore.... It is the first time for a long time we have had visitors, and I live... To high on the mountain...."
This last is obviously a saying.

"I will answer your questions in order of their asking, but I do suggest we cut this short."

The Golem turns to Sam, and after a slightly shorter moment speaks. "Adventurer, the sound, the Bugle, as it is called, is the hunting call of a ... Canopy Crawler I think. They often bring other beasts however. For trust, you don't have to, it would merely make things easier, it means that I could help grant you safety, instead of you learning for yourself, possibly risking your own lives. You are not messed up, as to what you are; I will answer that with.... The other questions."

Then the Golem turns to Adam.
"You... Okay, simple you are Humans, nothing in that is particularly special, however you appear to bear unusual artefacts, I know not whether they are mechanical or magical of origin, but nothing paints you as particularly special amongst humans. However, each of you have been born with something separate. A 'Spark' as it is called. Because of this, and a recent traumatic event, this 'Spark' has activated, grown larger, and changed you. As a natural instinct, you utilised it to save your own lives in the only way you, it, 'knew' how. You teleported into another universe within the multi-verse that had some sort of connection with you, all of you. This is the first time I have seen let alone heard of a mass creation. Each of you are planeswalkers, each capable of learning to control this ability to travel the planes as well as controlling potent magics. You may be able to use this and some innate magics in times of stress should you need it, but right now, it would appear that you are all far from your known universe."

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-16, 06:26 PM
So, they had a spark that reacted uncontrolably to throw them into a diffrent world. Eh, I've heard craizer.

"Ya, we're far from home. And the crawler, don't like the sound of that. And it's close. Lets go."

Pudge queits, and is starting to look afraid. Then she crouches down hidden in his hoodie. The pouch is quivering a bit though.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-17, 10:54 AM
Realizing that he has few other options, Sam sighs and says Fine. Lets go. I don't trust you, but I've seen some strange things in my time. You say "magic" and I'll just go with that.. Sam's hand never strays far from the massive hunting knife on his belt.

Erik Vale
2012-07-18, 06:08 PM
Looking at the 5 planeswalkers, the golem nods.
"That is good. I would offer the aid of my wings, but I couldn't lift you all at once... More of us are comming, but I suggest we begin a quick jog towards the end of this forest, try and avoid the beast.... I will let you set the pace."

Together, the strange company begin jogging towards the north west. With almost all of them very fit (The librarian being the least fit, but still having kept up some semblance of fitness). Eventually the odd cry of what the golem identified as a Canopy Crawler became slightly more frequent. While it seemed to be closing the distance slower, it is still slowly comming closer. And the leaves in the trees started to begin shaking....

Finally, you burst from the trees that marked the edge of the forest. Before you lay rolling hills and towering mountains, a river ran slowly just in view. The land was quite howeve, a gargantuan was on the hunt.
You could see two or three silver blobs closing on you, moving fast.

Slowly the group came to a halt....
Would they keep running, wait. Maybe turn back and look at whatever was chasing them....
Whatever the flyers where they would be here soon.
And the crawler seemed to be slowing, the trees at the edge of the forest weren't shaking so hard.

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-19, 10:10 AM
Quiet, and not the good kind of quiet. Pred's wouldn't just give up a potential meal.

"Pudge, take a quick peek behind."

Lifting her up, and so her head was over his shoulder, the pug would have a clear view behind him, as Matt continued forward. Best to get to the flyers, and a way out, as soon as possible.

(If Pudge sees something, She'll yip like mad, and I'll put her back in the pouch. If she doesn't see anything, she'll growl, and I'll put her back in the pouch.)

Erik Vale
2012-07-19, 06:03 PM
Slowly, the group picks up the pace, and then the dog begins yipping.
A giant, multicoloured leg apears, looking more like a pillar, and slowly a giant body appeared, and another leg.
It was kinda like some giant giraff crossed with a dog crossed with a spider, and then made even larger.
Only the two fore legs and a head attached to a giant leg appeared.
The Canopy crawler screamed out in rage, only it's size and normal vocal range kept it from burtsing eardrums.

In a surge of adrenalin, the group surges forth, moving quickly it seems like the three golems in the air have had to change direction slightly to still meet them.
And then they (http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=mtg+golem,+flight&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=625&tbm=isch&tbnid=XO3FWWAEGdzhbM:&imgrefurl=http://www.mtgdeckbuilder.net/Cards/ViewCards/8TH%3Fv%3Dcard%26o%3DNumber%26p%3D20&docid=48vCeVkw4EmZyM&imgurl=http://card.mtgdeckbuilder.net/8TH/308.jpg&w=250&h=357&ei=GY8IUJqtEYXhmAWW65itAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=515&vpy=242&dur=2256&hovh=268&hovw=188&tx=114&ty=167&sig=106550274952726033965&page=1&tbnh=137&tbnw=95&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:0,i:129)come to land.

Then Nardoll speaks.
"The Canopy Crawler (http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=mtg+Canopy+Crawler&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&biw=1280&bih=625&tbm=isch&tbnid=Y1edW85euFiJCM:&imgrefurl=http://www.wizards.com/magic/autocard.asp%3Fname%3DCanopy%255BCrawler&docid=w2i0xOJWSjbezM&imgurl=http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx%253Fmultiverseid%253D45849%2526type%253 Dcard&w=223&h=310&ei=dZEIUImeLuHQmAWOto3NAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=226&vpy=125&dur=4174&hovh=248&hovw=178&tx=130&ty=118&sig=106550274952726033965&page=1&tbnh=144&tbnw=98&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:73) is unlikly to come closer, so we can take our time. Each of us can carry two, so you destribute yourselves how you chose and I suggest you get as comfortable as you can."

If the links dont work, they are Patagia Golem and again, Canopy Crawler. I'll post later today if noone posts, it's just chose whether or not you want to attach to Nardoll before the golems take flight.

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-20, 11:12 AM
Matt goes to one of the golems, no idea how to board though. Anyway, time to stuff the pug back into the pouch. And close the flap with the button. No reason to risk the pudge after all.

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-20, 05:48 PM
Adam stops writing in his notebook and looks at the newly arrived golems.

"So we're supposed to ride on these things now? How exactly are they going to carry us? They must way half a ton at least!" He starts scribbling in his notebook again but still walks over to one of the winged golems.

Erik Vale
2012-07-20, 06:59 PM
One of the Golems rumbles in a deep voice.
"How do Humans normally carry each other. Just Wrap your arms around my upper arm, I shall grip your back.... You could also wrap your legs around a leg, but please wait until aloft..."

As it speaks it holds both its arms out almost expectantly. The Soldier, shrugged goes up to the golem and does so, his arms curling around the golem's sturdy hind arm, imediately the golem moved his hand to rest on Micheal's back, the side closest to the golem's chest. It was low however, almost as if the golem was planning to move it once aloft.

Soon, after mounting the golems, they begin a running start of a leap, and their wings start flapping. Despite what must be a horrid weight, they actually are flying, and not slowly either. Immediately legs go up to coil around those of the golems, and the golem's hands, without mentioning or thinking it might be uncomfortable to be groped, move their hands down so that they are helping support you by the bum. If their flight is slowed, they don't seem to show it, which is rather odd.

---
As you fly over the land, you see vast vistas of rolling hills and forests, often smaller, fed by winding mountain rivers that raged, rolling of peaks that look newly formed and gagged. Plateaus of stone mark the area to the north, with nigh endless plains towards the south, meeting in between with rolling hills. Oxen, sheep, horses, and more creatures that defy explanation walk as tiny dots, and looking back you see a sea of trees that almost pierce the clouds in their age. Lakes where the waters run still, the few places they do, seem filled and active with a variety of marine life, and slowly, you make your way towards a plateau that just out from the furthest mountain, like a stone slab that forgot that it was supposed to point up not out.

Erik Vale
2012-07-24, 06:38 PM
It had appeared in your sight for a while, down below on the vast Platau that speared out into the vast hill lands. The it, in this case, appeared to be a whitening near the center of a strange circle that made the tip.

Slowly, as the group grew closer, it grew. Slowly buildings could be picked out. It was't a castle, more like a sprawling manor or university. Buildings of what apeared to be marble of all kinds, or perhaps some other white stone, made up the various buildings, intermingled with vibrant gardens, dull black and vibrant blue roofing, with red floor tiling. Other colours existed, but somehow theses combinations stood out above them all, marking buildings of all kinds, spiralling towers, rough huts, what might be a medievil factory.

The Golems came to a landing in a courtyard, whose floor stones were or marbled colour. Shortly before landing, the golem that had identified itself as Nardoll became more rigid, more like the golems that flew beside it.

As you disembarked, dusting yourselves off (or retching, stretching or what have you), some of you looked up tho see a small delagation begin to aproach. At there head, was a short if stocky looking man, perhaps on the childish side of age. He was flanked by four others, men and women of various forms, slender and fat, dark and pale. Each of them wore rather plane robes, with some sort of insignia on their shoulders, just out of view.

When they were close enough for comfortable conversation, each bowed their heads. The man at the front spoke.

"Greetings. I appologise for the circumstances of your arrival. I am Hector. I appreciate the need for you to take a moment to gather yourselves, I hear first awakening is uncomfortable, and I know golem flight is. When you are ready, we would like to offer you the hospitality of a sitting room to recoup."

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-24, 08:51 PM
Adam steps forward after the golem sets him down on the ground. Unsure of how to address his hosts he bows and introduces himself.

"I'm Adam Nassir, from India originally. I have a lot of questions for all of you but I think the first thing I could really use is something to eat. If you'll just point me to the kitchen I'll whip myself up a sandwich or something. And If you've got something to drink I'd appreciate it too."

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-25, 04:30 PM
Matt's face is perfectly blank. It looks like a intresting place, and it's good to learn new things, but there is something called.... not whining about food and drink.

Matt opens the pouch and removes Pudge. She was shivvering the whole flight, and is currently way to nervous. need to calm her down. Before the delagation arrvives, he pets her, talks to her, and hugs the pug. She's looking better, but Matt keeps her in the nook of his arm for now.

Facing the delagation, he bows. "My name is Matt Rosengren, from Canada, though I'm thinking orgin would be academic, considering what happened. Thank you for sending the Golems, and I thank you for your hospitality."

Matts nervous. His mother had told him to always be polite, and while he's smart, he doesn't do so well with people. People are much harder to deal with, you never how they'll take something. Hopefully, he didn't offend them.

Erik Vale
2012-07-25, 06:42 PM
One of the women to the side steps forward and speaks, her voice is light and in the high notes, however it is still pleasent.
"Light refresments were prepared as soon as we heard we had arivals, however we did not plan on so many. If you would like, we could instead adjoun to the kitchens. We have a variety of foods stocked, tea, breads, meats, fruit. We might still have some Coaco and Coffee left, but not much."
Hector nods, and looks back to the group.
"The golems were just standerd orders for the experiment, however I do agree, perhaps the kitchens would be preferable. It's a slightly longer walk, but it's not far. We can begin to learn how much you know, and perhaps offer some of our knowledge.
One of the men near the back looks up over the group towards the golems. After a moment of almost squinting he speaks
"Dismissed, return to standing orders. Mhu-G 2, head to the interior sitting room and inform Nardoll that we will be convineing in the kitchens instead, then return to the tower for restoration."
All the golems disperse with almost no formality, the Golem that introduced itself as Nardoll nods it's head towards the man that spoke to it, and moving aorund the two groups heads down the way that the other group came from.

"Now then, shall we."
The group then turns towards the buildings, motioning them to follow them. Overall, the group seems kind of polite, however considering they expect you all to catch up, not too polite...

Space Lawyer
2012-07-25, 07:07 PM
Sam follows the group. He hadn't realized how exhilarated he had been, running from the canopy crawler, and escaping on the golems. He was hungry now, and eager for a good meal.

Erik Vale
2012-07-26, 08:54 PM
The group lead the planeswalkers to a large but simple kitchen and dining room. It looked like it might be that for a dorm, or for servants quaters (this option possibly precluded by golems).

"It isn't much, but while the halls are mostly empty, this is our main communal area."

He was obviously right. Wooden benches and tables had more than a few things left out, books, quills, small unidentifiable objects, the occasional plate.

"Ahh, Greetings!"
The planeswalkers turn around to see a rather short and stocky man. Also rather broad, but not fat.
"Ahh Nardoll. Surprised we could remove you from your room."
"Oh dont be mean. Come, lt us all grab something."

There is a variety of foods, a keetle of boiling water sits over a fireplace, old roasts that have been kept cool (Spiced chicken and unspiced lamb, a tiny bit of gravy, if you care to soften it), a small amount of fresh and unfresh (but yet to go stale) bread. There is however, plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as a variety of jams, as well as honey.
And yes, a quick forray reveals not only tea, but coffee and coaco.

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-26, 09:02 PM
At the sight of all the food, the pug in Matts arms yips, and breaks free. They can move damn fast over short distences. Faster then you'd think, Pudge has grabed a loaf of bread in her jaws and started to pug out on it.

Matt sighes. "Pugs."

Walking over, he grabs pudge, and taps her lightly on the head. "Pudge, your supossed to wait."

He doesn't take away the loaf, and starts to mix up a pot of stew, out of the chicken and some of the vegtables. When it's almost done, he takes few seconds to make a salad bowl, and give pudge a peice of lamb.

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-27, 09:03 PM
Adam walked around the food that was laid out and picked up some bread, cheese and meat and fixed himself a sandwich. As he ate, he looked closely at his hosts and the room around him. Exit strategies, backup plans, subterfuges and possible threats occupied his mind as he ate. Even though his hosts seemed pleasant enough something about this place seemed off to his analytical mind.

"So where's your bathroom?" He asked one of the women.

Erik Vale
2012-07-28, 06:18 AM
Helping organize and prepare vegetables, the stew is quickly pepped.

"So where's your bathroom?" He asked one of the women.
The women looked to Adam and nodded.
"It will probably be easier to show you. Come with me."

Once Adam leaves the room and some of the stew is served out, the leader of the group begins.
"Well. I don't normally handle these things, but I was given a rough guide and told what I can do if anything like this happens while he was away."
Hector takes a bite of stew soaked bread.
"First things first. Where did you come from, or more specifically, what did you call your world? Or Universe or other celestial body you inhabit. Many have varying names. And also, what you know about this situation?"
"Other than-"
"No. Include what he told you, that way we're all on the same page."

----
Adam
Walking quickly the women takes you to a small building not to far away, filled with various stalls. In place of toilets is what looks like a wooden trough, slanted slightly on an angle, with water flowing through on an angle.
"I don't know what sort of facilities you are used to, but these are the ones we keep running this time of year. Easier, allows ourselves to save our energies for study or practice..."

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-29, 08:29 PM
Adam looks at the wooden trough and tries very hard not to make a joke about splinters.

"Thanks for guiding me, but I'm going to need some privacy. Don't worry I'll find my way back." He said.

Once he got some privacy and finished relieving himself Adam looked around the outhouse some more. There wasn't much there so he wandered off through the rest of the grounds.

"A tower or a basement. They always keep the best stuff way up high, or way down below." Adam muttered to himself as he snuck around the keep.

Erik Vale
2012-07-29, 09:38 PM
Adam

The women smiles and leaves.
Taking a moment to look around, you find yourself alone, moving out into what could easily be a university campus, you probably don't have to sneak.
((You can if you wish))
After a moments looking you find what you seek, further back into the platau are two towers, a smaller stone one, that looks like a traditional one that should be attached to castle walls, and another, an almost Ivory spire. The second is a bit of a further walk, and both are unguarded. The nearer ones door is visible a heavy wooden one with an old style metal knocker, that looks to be some varient of gold or copper, you cant quite tell from the distance. If the Ivory tower has a door, it isn't facing the colledge.

((If you would like I can give you a map for the general layoutt, won't be any trouble.))

Cgrela and Grimsage
((Bump. This is a potential moment to decide if your characters have a clue as to the Magic universe without causing trouble. If neither post, I will assume you dont and you retell what you have been told and what you have seen, as well as you come from Earth, Sol, The Milky Way (Providing names in the manner they asked)))

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-29, 09:49 PM
Matt was intuiged. One of his ideas, might have some merit after all.
"Place we're from is called the Earth, unimaginative, but we didn't get out much. Our solar system, it was nothing special, and our galaxy, the old astronomers called it the milky way, after a old fable.

And theres something thats been nagging at me for a while. One of the weirder ideas I came up with after reading a book on quantum proboillity theroy, was that with infinte realities, even if they were a flicker away, any and everything could potentially exist.

Thing is, I bought some cards for a trading card game that, resemmbled the golems, very much. So, does that idea hold water? Any and everything can potentially exist, and it's possible the only real limit is the imagination of the thinker?"
Also, retells the stuff.

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-29, 10:56 PM
Adam circles the Ivory tower, looking for a door before deciding it might be too risky to go in and settles for the older stone tower. He enters the old tower and carefully shuts the door behind him.

Adam looks around the inside of the tower and pulls out his notebook. He starts working on a simple map of the college grounds while he tries to decide where to go from here.

If you can put up a map I'd appreciate it. If there's a basement area of the older tower Adam will head there first.

Erik Vale
2012-07-29, 11:29 PM
Cgrela and Grimsage

Part way through your explanation, the woman who went out with Adam returns. Many of the others seem to have slightly furrowed brows when you mention the Milkyway, which disapear when you mention your infinent-universe theorem.
Finally as you wind down to a finish the mages look between eachother and nod.

"Shall-"
"No. Wait on that point. Um, Shall I co-ordinate for a moment."
"I'd prefer you stayed outside of my head, but yes. However, he did leave it to Hector."
"No, let him in, But be quiter about it Xath. If you wouldn't mind giving us a moment to think..."
Hector says the last part as more of an afterthought, not really meaning it.
After maybe a minute, Hector begins again.

"Ok, I will start it simply. Yes, your idea holds water, in fact, your idea is the known bucket amoungst the multiverse, your world having made most of them.... I believe that your world calls this.... Magic, The Gathering I think...."
"No, don't give them the whole new reality speech, we need them to be able to think, not be in shock."
"Quiet."
"Thank you... Now, one of the things we know, is that your universe is one of the few isolated ones, the various forms of magic barely intersect on your world, and only with specific worlds. Yours stays closest to the laws that are called physics. You, would be planeswalkers, people who have a powerful magical spark, one of the ways to travel these planes, which also makes you Magi who have only recently been reduced to have peer for... Reasons you need not know yet. You will not be able to go back to the exact world you left, and you won't be able to leave this world for a while by anything other than mistake or extreme danger. Though this world has been quiter than most."
Hector pauses, waiting to see how, and if, you react.

Adam

Another item that helps you decide not to enter the Ivory tower, is a visable lack of door. However there is some type of runing that would seem very familier if you have ever watched Lord of the Rings.

Entering the stone tower, the bottom level has one side marked with stairs, and most of the room is filled with various types of clutter, mostly boxes and the occasional book, almost as if this room is just some basic storage. Judging by the rooms hieght, you would guess the towar to be 5 stories tall, excluding what may be an open or closed roof. Moving to sit down and collect your thoughts, you notice a ((Possibly accidently, due to the haphazard nature of the room)) concealed set of stairs. As you move towards this, you notice a suit of armour ((Fullplate)) fully set up standing tall armed with a polearm ((Halbard Specifically)), having seen golems and with any sort of dummy concealed, instantly you jump back amoungst a set ov boxes and the suit falls back out of veiw.
After a moment and a near heart attack, despite having dropped the stealthy attitude, you realize that the suit hasn't done anything that you can detect for the moment.

((Actions to you. I should have a sketched map up tommorrow. ))

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-31, 11:08 AM
"Well this is a curiosity isn't it?" Adam said to himself. He looked over the ancient suit of armor more closely and satisfied that it was unlikely to come to life and try to murder him, Adam headed down the secret set of stairs in the back of the tower.

Erik Vale
2012-07-31, 09:57 PM
Adam

((First, Drawn Map. http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss283/ErikVale/MTGMap.jpg

You are in the Larger of the Two towers. The Smallest nearby rectangle is the lavitories, from which you just came. The Building below that was the one you came from.))

The stairs are rather straight and well maintained stone stairs, with a thin layer of what may be some version of concrete over the top. There is no rail. About 4 steps down, the ground around your feet lights up as if there is an automated light switch. It is a short decent, the basement being about 2.1m deep with a not to thick roof.

The basement appears to be a sprawling room, almost like a oversized corridor, about 20m thick before walls get in the way. To the left, there is a long corridor of doors, with writingabove them that you can't read or identify at a glance, but each of the doors have a different symbol upon them, and are made of different colour woods. Each of the doors have a 9m spacing.
To the right the room becomes somewhat like a sprawling warehouse, with crates and small partitions (probably being for storage) as far as you can see, and you (as far as you know) can't see the back wall.

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-31, 10:06 PM
"So, no going back home then. Eh, they'd say I'm dead anyway. And it's not like anyone on my end would care much. And I made my will up, so. Now, you said something about infinite reality, and us being in shock? Trust me, once you've had some of my dreams, you don't shock easily."

Erik Vale
2012-07-31, 11:03 PM
Cgrela and Grimsage

"Really? No-one?"
There is a nod from Soldier.
"KIA here..."

For more than a moment, the mood around the table is sombre.

"Well now... In that case... Would you mind staying with us for a time? At the moment we are a small comune, and. Well, I'm not sure."
"Perhaps other decisions might wait for a night."
"I agree, let us eat and drink to new fortunes. We'll taky you to some rooms later."

You may have noticed two of the magi have stayed silent throughout, perhaps they were minor or just had nothing to say. Now one, the women, turned to the other and wisperd something. The listner nodded, but did nothing else. Perhaps she had come to some observation, conclusion, or had some idea... Whatever it was you would have to ask or guess yourselves.
Any how, there was still plenty of food and drink...

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-01, 05:22 PM
Before I can pick which door, can you give me more specifics about their description: what colors, any signifying marks, any loud noises or funny smells coming from them?

Erik Vale
2012-08-01, 06:06 PM
Adam

((Specifics, there wood and have strange markings, they have no smell and nothing emits from them to any of your senses, the place is silent. However, I will assume you have moved to examine one and am posting accordingly, because this has an effect))

When you move to the nearest door, you have no clue what might possibly be behind it, and none of the words (you think their words) or the symbols make sense. But before you move on, you see a slight overlay in your vision, suddenly semmy transparently (and probably in your own mind) you see the words shift to english. The door says Zendikar.
Moving to another to replicate it, you see the word above it slowly shift to Alara.

((If your character knows of MTG,, you have a clue as to the places if not, you can keep bumbling around accordingly.))

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-03, 03:24 PM
Adam walks down the line of doors, using the little trick he noticed to try and read them for any names he recognized. They were strange, Alara, Lorwyn, Ravinca, Dominaria... none of them sounded familiar. Eventually he came across a door called Kamigawa. Altough he didn't recognize it specifically, the name sounded familiar, Japanese enough that maybe it was something he would recognize. Carefully he opened the door and poked his head through.

Erik Vale
2012-08-04, 01:31 AM
Adam

You glimpse a long hallway. To one side is a huge empty room with what looks like a pentagram variant and nothing else. This room takes up half of one side, the other half being another large room. Down the other side are numerous other doors that seem to reveal small frontage rooms.

Then, you spot this (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=79194)at the end of the hall, floating above the stones that make the flooring.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-04, 06:59 PM
The sight of the... whatever it was... startled Adam so much that he let out a little yelp. He recovered quickly though and his natural curiosity overrode any survival instincts the sight of the spirit initiated.

What the hell is that thing anyway? Adam thought to himself.

"Excuse me, but are you real or am I losing my mind?" Adam asked the creature.

Grimsage Matt
2012-08-04, 07:08 PM
Matt fllows them, and his pug is at his heels. When they arrive at the rooms, all Matt does is take off his hoodie, where his tee-shirt is beneath, and his shoes. He gets into the bed, and pudge scrambles up, and turns, and curls up on his stomach. They both fall asleep rather quickly.

Erik Vale
2012-08-04, 11:46 PM
Matt and Sam

((((I'll take the time-skip hint. Adam should be done in not to long.))
The meal finished, the new-found planeswalkers are taken to rooms, each taken to their own 2 room resting place, being a bed with shelving, and a small bathroom to one side. The only that isn't accompanied directly is the soldier, The women who whispered to the other talking shortly to the soldier, before going her own separate way. Otherwise, each have a magi to them.

Matt

You where walked to your room by Hector, who says simply when you arrive at your rooms.

"I'll be across the hall if you need me. I know it's not much, and I appologise, but as you may guess we weren't expecting visitors."
He then leaves you to your sleep.

Sam

You where taken to your room by the one women who stayed with the group, whose name has yet to be revealed.

Upon arriving at your room, she speaks softly.
"It isn't much, but we honestly weren't expecting the experiment to work, let alone for 5 people to arrive. If there is anything you need, please ask now, but otherwise I should be in my room, just across the hall, straight line. If not, we will be occupying the 6 rooms on the other side of the hall, so one of us should be in the other rooms, if you need anything."
She stands waiting.

---
Adam

The... 'Thing' croaks with some strange laughter, and the two heads that you cant see awaken, it does not turn, but its eyes focus on you, and you feel a feeling of peace, and a minor urge to leave.
"Real? I assure you, I am real enough. Madness has not yet claimed you, I would think."
"To think, we asked a similar question when we first came to this world under Alexia. The strange things we saw."
"Mmmm. True that is. The question is, why be one here? Has not term ended?"
"Don't fill my mind with your judgements. Child, what be your name? And why are you here?"
"Always the parent. He's probably just lost, perhaps a new Magi that Alexia has convinced to stay on, on a more permanent basis...."
The last head to speak sounds like it should be giving you a wink, however the being does not change it's facing.

Space Lawyer
2012-08-06, 12:15 PM
Sorry about not posing, I just kept forgetting after updating in my other games.

A card game reflected how the universe actually operated? Sam just couldn't believe it. Of course, the past hours had consisted of jumping onto the back of a flying metal man to escape some mutant dog-spider thing, so why not just accept it? Sam had played a the game a bit. he tried to remember the rules. If the general concept of the game was accurate at this sort of level, maybe the specifics were.

Sam wanders out to the gardens. Ok, so, I'm a magi. I'm guessing that means I can do magic. The real stuff, not just what those shamans in the jungle were playing at. He tries to remember the rituals and spells the shamans had taught him, and combined that with what he knew of the card game. He reached out with his mind, feeling for the energy present in the gardens. What was that energy? Right, mana! This isn't a forest,but there are still a bunch of plants. So, green mana. And this is community, and it has strong walls, so white mana. Lets go for...empowering. He exerts his mind, willing for himself and the plants around him to become more.

Erik Vale
2012-08-06, 06:45 PM
Sam

After Dismissing the women, you spend some time thinking, and then decide to try out your thoughts.

Moving to the nearest garden, you have no idea how to start, but you conclude on the idea of 'Willing' into being.

Eventually you close your eyes in concentration. Slowly you lower your hands to the 'floor' of the raised garden.

The art of a planeswalker is to impose his will, his imagination onto the world, but untrained, unpracticed, both in doing this and drawing in mana, the planeswalker burns through their own and the lands supplies faster than he should. Physical exhaustion may come into play.
And most of all, it is quite loud in the terms of magic.

Finally, your will begins to work, but without direction for the more, they just grow rampantly, small shrubs become hedgelike carpet, grasses overflow the stones, and trees groan, rising beyond their heigh, branches bulging.
Then it suddenly stops, and you feel yourself sliding to the floor. This, coupled with the exhertion of plane shifting is almost too much, and you catch yourself before hitting the ground, slowly rising to your knees.

If you turn to look, you may see some lights appear from the dorm like rooms that where assigned as sleeping quarters.

Space Lawyer
2012-08-06, 08:37 PM
Sam ignores the lights. He pulls a hammock and blanket out of his pack, and strings it up in the garden. He always felt more comfortable sleeping where he could feel nature anyway. A stuffy stone castle would just feel cloying.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-06, 09:21 PM
Adam

The... 'Thing' croaks with some strange laughter, and the two heads that you cant see awaken, it does not turn, but its eyes focus on you, and you feel a feeling of peace, and a minor urge to leave.
"Real? I assure you, I am real enough. Madness has not yet claimed you, I would think."
"To think, we asked a similar question when we first came to this world under Alexia. The strange things we saw."
"Mmmm. True that is. The question is, why be one here? Has not term ended?"
"Don't fill my mind with your judgements. Child, what be your name? And why are you here?"
"Always the parent. He's probably just lost, perhaps a new Magi that Alexia has convinced to stay on, on a more permanent basis...."
The last head to speak sounds like it should be giving you a wink, however the being does not change it's facing.
[/QUOTE]

"Adam Nassir, I'm new here as well. What are you? Some kind of alien?" Adam asked the creature. For that matter, what am I anymore?

Grimsage Matt
2012-08-06, 10:17 PM
Matts Dreams

Diffrent. Not dying for one. Wait, spoke to soon. Freezing... is that a mountian ahead? Slamed into the side. Old man mountians laughing at me. I can outlast 'im. But whats that? Might, cold... so cold... and whats that thing? Frostling? GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!

Erik Vale
2012-08-07, 05:38 PM
Sam

Setting up your hammoc, you quickly fall into an exhausted, dreamless sleep.
((Will wake you later))
--
Adam

"Alien?"
"When we first came here."
"Maybe. He did say he's new?"
"And.... Well..... We are Salani, a Guardian of Solitude, a Spirit of the Land that is known as Kamigawa. You? Where are you from?"
The spirit slowly starts rotating, all the faces look identicle, but it's almost like it's letting all it's 'self' take a look at you. Eventually it stops.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-13, 07:16 AM
"I'm from Earth. There's nothing there like you that's for sure. We aren't even sure spirits exist at all." Adam replied. "So what do you do Mr. Spirit? Are you a guardian or something?"

Erik Vale
2012-08-13, 07:04 PM
Adam

"Yes and no. Mostly I watch..."
"Earth. He's a..."
"Obviously. The question is, why isn't he abed? He must have been todays disturbance. So far away and we still felt it, he must be powerful.."

Suddenlly another voice shouts out, which while quite from your position, you can tell to be a shout by content and tone.

"Adam. Are you in here? Please come out if you are? Or shout back?"

Sam

A hand grabs your arm firmly and rocks you.
((You may wake up in any fashion, even chose to feign sleep. Or you may remain asleep, your choice. IF you remain asleap, you wont be interupted again.))

Matt

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"
The thought became a shout, rocking you out of your nightmare.
Slowly the room brightens, probably by magical means, given the lack of light. From one corner a voice issues force, and a slightly brighter area can be found.
"Nightmares?"
((Noble Vestige))

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-13, 08:02 PM
Adam

"Yes and no. Mostly I watch..."
"Earth. He's a..."
"Obviously. The question is, why isn't he abed? He must have been todays disturbance. So far away and we still felt it, he must be powerful.."

Suddenlly another voice shouts out, which while quite from your position, you can tell to be a shout by content and tone.

"Adam. Are you in here? Please come out if you are? Or shout back?"

"Yeah I'm in here!" Adam shouts back. He turns to the spirit and bows to it. "Thank you for the information, you've given me some things to think about. Maybe we can continue to discuss things in the future?"

Mystical spirits? Magic? Other worlds? This could be... fun. Adam thought to himself.

Erik Vale
2012-08-13, 08:54 PM
Adam
"Such is entirely Possible."
"He's with us in the Kamigawa Summoning Storage and Creation rooms!"

Damn the Spirit could shout....

"I'll be down soon. I'm not surprised atleast one of the planeswalkers decided to look around but you could have the decency to ask to ask for a tour, preferably in the morning."
You can hear the voice aproaching.

Then another voice apears, more masculine, yet seeming to be distent dispite how close it is, almost over your shoulder, or down the corridor.
"Worry not. We watch constently, you know."

Grimsage Matt
2012-08-13, 08:55 PM
"By my standards, not that bad. Could have been worse. All that happened is that I was dashed into a mountain durning a blizzard. Then some things started to come close. Woke up before they started the usual. Sometimes it feels like there's... things, in my head. Something's seeming to be making them more... free."

As he's saying this, he;s petting his pug. Which woke up, and yapped, and quickly calmed down. Pudge has gone back to sleep, and looks like nothing so much as a stuffed pillow.

Read Chainers Torment a while back... natural Dementist? Just without mana, they stayed locked up in me head. Insanity, but oh what terrible fun:smallbiggrin:

Erik Vale
2012-08-13, 09:16 PM
Matt

"Not too uncommon from what is known. But worry not, rest would be better sought.... Perhaps We might talk in the morning about your dreams, to accertain what might occour. Though your friends seem rather inclined to wander, it looks like none shall get the sleep they should."

Grimsage Matt
2012-08-13, 09:23 PM
Matt should have known better then to sleep. Sleep never ends well.

"Sure. I'll go back to sleep. And never met them before today. Still, any port in a storm."

Matt waits till the guy leves, and then he pulls something out the hoodie pouch. A old battered stuffed rabbit.

"Should have had you out in the first place. Well Porter, lets go back to sleep. And pudge," Pudge snores, "Sleep tight little dimbulb."

With that, he slips back into dreaming. As always, Porter helps. Not much, but a bit.

Artifact spell idea; Porter, a snow Artifact. Not sure about effect cost, but 2-3 and gives Hexproof for a turn? Or prevents the next 2 damage.

Erik Vale
2012-08-13, 09:38 PM
Matt

The 'Thing' doesn't so much leaver as dispearse, or slowly fade, and sleep comes slowly.

((I'll kick around the idea. It's more a calming thing though so not damage.
I take it shroud is a no compared to Hexproof?))

Grimsage Matt
2012-08-13, 09:43 PM
Hex Proof- You Can't be targeted by your oppents spell or abillities. Creatures that attack? They do damage. Sorcerys, instants, creature abillities, artifact abillites, they do squat. No idea what a shroud does, but Arua enchantments are blocked if they're not from me.

Maybe let him do what the Darksteel Brute does? 1-2 mana, he beomes a 1/1 industructible Artifact creature for the turn.

Erik Vale
2012-08-13, 09:56 PM
Hex Proof- You Can't be targeted by your oppents spell or abillities. Creatures that attack? They do damage. Sorcerys, instants, creature abillities, artifact abillites, they do squat. No idea what a shroud does, but Arua enchantments are blocked if they're not from me.

Maybe let him do what the Darksteel Brute does? 1-2 mana, he beomes a 1/1 industructible Artifact creature for the turn.

Shroud is the same thing, but it doesn't specify opponent, so it affects all.
Perhaps a tap grant bonus creature (Say grant target hexproof)

But then again, where using MTG as a base, not the rules

Grimsage Matt
2012-08-13, 10:08 PM
Shroud is the same thing, but it doesn't specify opponent, so it affects all.
Perhaps a tap grant bonus creature (Say grant target hexproof)

But then again, where using MTG as a base, not the rules

Tap for hexproof works nice. It's ment to be defensive, and there would be the limited duration. Besides, theres the symbolisim. Childhood comfort object, infused with a little mana, can protect against magical attacks. And have a idea for something everyone here could use.... Mana Batteries. Basicly, tap 1 mana, it gains a charge. You can spend the charges for the mana you put into it. Just a idea. And it's something that would tie into 'artifacts' eveyone should have.

Erik Vale
2012-08-14, 01:03 AM
Tap for hexproof works nice. It's ment to be defensive, and there would be the limited duration. Besides, theres the symbolisim. Childhood comfort object, infused with a little mana, can protect against magical attacks. And have a idea for something everyone here could use.... Mana Batteries. Basicly, tap 1 mana, it gains a charge. You can spend the charges for the mana you put into it. Just a idea. And it's something that would tie into 'artifacts' eveyone should have.

Would work.
Careful though, you may become the team artificer. (Snow Golems!)

Erik Vale
2012-08-16, 05:56 PM
Adam

After a short wait a women arrives in the room. She is rather short and squat.
"Ahh. There you are. You really shouldn't be wandering on your own."
"You say that like this place doesn't have protectors. But she is right, you should have informed someone. Go on little one."

The women will seek to lead you back to your room.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-17, 07:34 AM
Adam

After a short wait a women arrives in the room. She is rather short and squat.
"Ahh. There you are. You really shouldn't be wandering on your own."
"You say that like this place doesn't have protectors. But she is right, you should have informed someone. Go on little one."

The women will seek to lead you back to your room.

Adam follows behind the women, not letting too much expression show on his face. If this place was real, and it seemed real, then everything had changed. Adam himself was changed.

Erik Vale
2012-08-18, 11:14 PM
Adam follows behind the women, not letting too much expression show on his face. If this place was real, and it seemed real, then everything had changed. Adam himself was changed.

Adam
"So, what do you think from your little escapade? No... Actually, I'll ask latter. Your room isn't that far, and I would rather sleep some."

((OOC))
Next post will be morning, (and made tomorrow), anyone wanting to do anything new before morning better start now to postpone it.

Erik Vale
2012-08-21, 01:36 AM
The sun rises slowly in this plane, leading to slow, languorous awakenings. Or at least, one would think if they knew that before waking up. The Magi are either used to waking up early, or are excited. Whichever it happens to be.

---
Adam and Matt wake up to a knocking on their door, loud and almost booming.
"Up. We know your ordeals but I think you would rather have food, and there is some work to be done."
True to their word, the smells of cooking slowly creep through the bottom of the door.
((I'll let you chose who wakes you if you want, from any of the characters known, be it the house('s many) ghost(s) or human. Not the Spirit though Adam, that stays where it is.))
---
Sam had been in the languorous half sleep stage where you dream but you don't, or you can awaken but you don't want to, for perhaps ten minutes before a hand woke him, probably with a start. The sky has some sort of blue-gray appearance, and whatever owns the hand doesn't appear to be human, but more a humanoid golden blur, with no features.
"It is time for you to awaken. And eat."