PDA

View Full Version : Online Games?

Zetal
2012-07-12, 01:52 AM
I was kind of surprised to see that there was a lack of topics regarding online games of DnD, through any medium. Is that something that isn't done, here?

Hylas
2012-07-12, 01:58 AM
There's an entire forum with multiple sub-forums dedicated to play by post games. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)

Though if you want to discuss playing RPGs via the internet, such as good ways to do it, pros and cons of different methods, and so on then this is a good place for that.

NikitaDarkstar
2012-07-12, 02:06 AM
I think it's more a case of people don't make a difference between Internet and Table while talking about it here since it doesn't matter. The mechanics are the same, sure there might be some differences in group dynamic and issues you might face, but on the whole there really isn't a huge difference. You know other than online you don't need to get annoyed about the guy who's always messing with his phone, or has questionable hygiene, or someone being to shy to actually roleplay, or someone eating the last slice of pizza. On the other hand combat rounds take forever online, play by post games has an ugly habit of dying off very fast and people are generally less likely to take an online thing as seriously as something they actually have to physically go to on a regular basis. But the game itself? It's still just good old D&D. (Or whatever system you're using.)

Zetal
2012-07-12, 02:07 AM
Oh! Sorry, I didn't recognize the 'Play-by-post' as what I was looking for. My apologies. =)

Edit: I'm just much more used to it being called plain old 'Forum Roleplaying' =P
Thanks for the help!

alecstevans
2012-07-16, 07:23 AM
Today these online games are become more famous, it gains more popularity in this world. By this games every one can get great entertainment, lots of fun, relaxation and enjoyment. Some games are available for money and some games are for free without any money. By this online games we can earn prize money, valueable items and gold etc.. Any time and any where we can play this games with out any restrictions. So here i want to give the some best free online games Super Mario Brothers Crossover, PlayPortal, Bubble Tank 2, Runescape, Paradise Paintball and 2029 Online etc..