PDA

View Full Version : Savage…..Pokemon!?!?

Tal_Akaan
2012-07-12, 11:35 AM
I’m working on a Pokemon conversion for Savage Worlds, and it’s coming along quite nicely, I’ll put some of the details in a spoiler below in case anyone is interested.

What brings me here though is I’m starting to think about specific edges for this conversion and I’m having a hard time coming up with ideas. I was hoping we could do some brainstorming in this thread on what you would want to be able to do as a PC in a Pokemon game. I want ideas for more than just a Pokemon Trainer type character, think about being a breeder, researcher, or even a ranger. I would also like to get a few ideas for edges specific to pokemon.

As a second request:
I would like some help coming up with power trappings for all the different “types” of damage. I would like one major and one minor trapping for each type. Some of the ones from the Fantasy Companion will work, but there are quite a few different “types” in Pokemon.

Normal
Fires
Fighting
Water
Flying
Grass
Poison
Electric
Ground
Psychic
Rock
Ice
Bug
Dragon
Ghost
Dark
Steel

Rule Conversion Overview:
Pokemon are created using the race creation rules in the Fantasy Companion. The number of base points you can spend is dependent on how many evolutions the pokemon you making has.

Evolutions:
Pokemon evolutions are handled by taking an edge, this allows the player to control when their pokemon evolves.

Moves:
Every Pokemon is given the Arcane Background edge for free. The player is able to customize how a move functions by using the spell system.

Capturing:
Capturing Pokemon uses a percentage based system blatantly stolen from the Pokemon Table Top Adventures game. (No I’m not ashamed of stealing this.)

Trainer Abilities:
I haven’t decided how I want to manage trainer abilities yet. I’m leaning toward a point passed system where the points are per encounter or per day.