PDA

View Full Version : Character Concept Generator

Blueiji
2012-07-12, 01:36 PM
Purpose? Ever find yourself at a loss for interesting character concepts to play as? Or perhaps you want a unique enemy to throw at your players, but can't think of anything interesting? Maybe you just want to waste a minute or two on some dice-rolling. To satiate these very sorts of dilemmas (or perhaps cravings) I created a dice-roll based system to randomly generate D&D 3.5e character concepts.

Execution! I've tried it out a couple times already, and my favorite result was a Gnoll named Uroo'ak Gnash-Fang. He's a Chaotic Evil Psion/Truenamer. Uroo'ak is surprisingly smart for a Gnoll, and he uses his deadly intelligence to attempt to bend reality to his own will. His fellow Gnolls believe him to be a god, and sometimes Uroo'ak starts to believe it too. . .

Instructions? The random character concept generator I've created is composed of three parts.

Part One: Character Class
The first step to generating your random character concept is determining your characters class. First, choose whether the character will be single-classed, gestalt, or some other variant. I find that generating gestalt, or multi-class characters yields more interesting and unique results, but it's up to you.

During this step you will roll a set of 1d8 and 1d10 at the same time. This set will determine a two digit number. The first digit (the one in the ten's place) is determined by your result on the d8, your second digit (the one in the one's place) is determined by the result on your d10. After that you just refer to the result on the table. If you want a multi-class, gestalt, tristalt, or similarly multi-faceted character, simply repeat the process for the amount of classes needed.

{TABLE]DICE RESULT | CLASS
10 | Artificer
11 | Barbarian
12 | Bard
13 | Cleric
14 | Druid
15 | Factotum
16 | Favored Soul
17 | Fighter
18 | Healer
19 | Hexblade
20 | Marshal
21 | Monk
22 | Ninja
23 | Paladin
24 | Psion
25 | Psychic Warrior
26 | Ranger
27 | Rogue
28 | Samurai
29 | Scout
30 | Dragonfire Adept
31 | Shaman
32 | Shugenja
33 | Sohei
34 | Sorcerer
35 | Soulknife
36 | Spellthief
37 | Spirit Shaman
38 | Swashbuckler
39 | Warlock
40 | Warmage
41 | Wilder
42 | Wizard
43 | Wu Jen
44 | Archivist
45 | Dread Necromancer
46 | Incarnate
47 | Soulborn
48 | Totemist
49 | Binder
50 | Shadowcaster
51 | Truenamer
52 | Ardent
53 | Divine Mind
54 | Lurk
55 | Erudite
56 | Beguiler
57 | Dragon Shaman
58 | Duskblade
59 | Knight
60 | Crusader
61 | Swordsage
62 | Warblade
63 | Pick Any Martial Class
64 | Pick Any Scoundrel Class
65 | Pick Any Divine Class
66 | Pick Any Arcane Class
67 | Pick Any Psionic Class
68 | Pick Any Miscellaneous Class
69-88 | Re-roll
89| Pick Any Class[/TABLE]

The entries that allow you to "Pick Any ______ Class" or "Pick Any Class" should be ignored and treated as Re-roll if you are creating a single class character (because otherwise it would defeat the purpose). As for clarification on the terms I used in the entries ranging form 64-69 I shall explain them in the spoiler below.

Martial Classes: Any class with a focus on melee or ranged combat using a manufactured or natural weapon. A class capable of this role through class abilities that are supplied from another power source (such as a cleric using spells to enable himself to excel in melee combat) does not count.

Scoundrel Classes: Any class with the "Trapfinding" ability, or who gains 6 or more skill points per level. A Scoundrel often excels at skill-based roles, scouting, assassination, or serves as a jack-of-all trades.

Divine Classes: Any class who gains some of it's class features from a divine power source.

Arcane Classes: Any class who gains some of it's class features from a arcane power source.

Psionic Classes: Any class who gains some of it's class features from a psionic power source.

Miscellaneous Classes: Any class who gains power sources that are clearly supernatural in nature, bu are not clearly divine, arcane, or psionic. Incarnum based classes, classes from the Tome of Magic, and Invoking classes (such as the Dragonfire Adept or the Warlock) fall into this category. Classes such as the Artificer, Dragon Shaman, or Monk may also fall into this category, based on your own interpretation of them.

Part Two: Character Alignment
To determine your randomly generated character's alignment, roll 1d10. Using this result, refer to the chart below.

{TABLE]DICE RESULT | ALIGNMENT
1 | Lawful Good
2 | Lawful Neutral
3 | Lawful Evil
4 | Neutral Good
5 | True Neutral
6 | Neutral Evil
7 | Chaotic Good
8 | Chaotic Neutral
9 | Chaotic Evil
0 | Re-roll or Pick[/TABLE]

If your race (determined in the next step), is incompatible with the alignment determined then you may Re-roll, or keep it. Unless you're a Chaotic Good Drow Ranger/Fighter, then you must Re-roll.
Part Three: Character Race
The last step to generating your random character concept is determining your characters race. To determine race, role a set of 1d20 and 1d10, once. The first digit(s) (the one in the ten's place, and possibly the hundred's place also) is determined by your result on your d20, your second digit (the one in the one's place) is determined by the result on your d10. After that you just refer to the result on the table. If you wish to create a half-breed character, roll twice. This method may have you end up with very unusual combinations however, and the list was not designed to be used in that fashion.

{TABLE]DICE RESULT | RACE
10 | Human
11 | High Elf
12 | Half-Elf
13 | Half-Orc
14 | Drow
15 | Hill Dwarf
16 | Rock Gnome
17 | Lightfeet Halfling
18 | Bugbear
19 | Centaur
20 | Goblin
21 | Blue
22 | Gnoll
23 | Half-Ogre
24 | Hobgoblin
25 | Kobold
26 | Lizard-Folk
27 | Orc
28 | Tri-Kreen
29 | Troglodyte
30 | Aasimar
31 | Tiefling
32 | Changeling
33 | Warforged
34 | Kalashtar
35 | Shifter
36 | Kuo-Toa
37 | Locathah
38 | Mongrel-Folk
39 | Sahuagin
40 | Satyr
41 | Yuan-Ti
42 | Dromite
43 | Elan
44 | Azurite
45 | Half-Giant
46 | Saurial
47 | Goliath
48 | Kenku
49 | Illumian
50 | Raptoran
51 | Dragonborn
52 | Air Genasi
53 | Water Genasi
54 | Earth Genasi
55 | Fire Genasi
56 | Neandrathal
57 | Uldra
58 | Asherati
59 | Bhuka
60 | Skum
61 | Aventi
62 | Darfellan
63 | Hadozee
64 | Bariur
65 | Buomman
66 | Air Mephling
67 | Water Mephling
68 | Earth Mephling
69 | Fire Mephling
70 | Nearph
71 | Necropolitan
72 | Shadowswyft
73 | Spiker
74 | Wildren
75 | Spellscales
76 | Xeph
77 | Maenad
78 | Githzerai
79 | Githyanki
80 | Duergar
81 | Duskling
82 | Rilkan
83 | Skarn
84 | Merfolk
85 | Triton
86 | Grimlock
87 | Ogre
88 | Tallfellow Halfling
89 | Deep Halfling
90 | Strongheart Halfling
91 | Deep Dwarf
92 | Mountain Dwarf
93 | Aquatic Elf
94 | Gray Elf
95 | Wood Elf
96 | Wild Elf
97 | Gold Dwarf
98 | Svirfneblin
99 | Forest Gnome
101 | Laika
102 | Imago
103 | Catfolk
104 | Killoren
105 | Vashar
106 | Jerren
107 | Underfolk
108 | Sea Kin
109 | Sharakim
110 | Skulk
111 | Chaos Gnome
112 | Dream Dwarf
113 | Feral Gaurdian
114 | Whisper Gnome
115 | Arcadian Avenger
116 | Jaebrin
117 | Varag
118 | Windblade
119 | Wizened Elder
120 | Bladeling
121 | Chaond
122 | Zenythri
123 | Warforged Scout
124 | Armand
125 | Lumi
126 | Nycter
127 | Thorn
128 | Witch Knife
129 | Wood Woad
130 | Krinth
131 | Extaminaar
132-199 | Re-roll
200 | Pick Any Race[/TABLE]
What I Could Use Help With I'm fairly sure I got all the base classes (outside of home-brew and 3rd party, which I am not including), however, if I missed one, please inform me, an I will add it to the list. I'm fairly sure the Race list is far from complete, as I intend to include all the races with +3 LA and below, not counting Racial Hit-Dice. If you remember any races I left out (which I'm sure you will), please inform me. Again, I'm not using home-brew or 3rd party.

An Ending Note I hope you all have fun with this Character Concept Generator, it's pretty nifty if I do say so myself. If you use it and end up with anything particularly interesting, please share it and make up a little fluff aboput it, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for reading it and have fun. :smallsmile:

TheThan
2012-07-12, 04:39 PM
How do you feel about including sub races?

Other than that I can think of the following:

frostburn:
Neanderthal
uldras

sandstorm:
Asheratis
Bhukas

SRD:
scorpion folk

stormwrack
Aventi
darfellan
hadozee

planar handbook
bariaur
buomman
air, earth, fire and water mephling,
nearph
shadowswyft
spiker
wildren
(there’s a bunch of powerful races there too).
I’m sure there’s more that I missed too.

Blueiji
2012-07-12, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'm gonna put those races right in. I'm also gonna put in the rest of the races from the Expanded Psionics Handbook and the Magic of Incarnum supplements.

As for sub-races, I'm definitely going to add the ones that provide meaningful, flavorful changes to the race, such as Grey Elves, Deugar, and Chaos Gnomes. However, I'm going to leave out the more lack-luster subraces such as "aquatic" variations or the "jungle" or "desert" adaptations also included in Unearthed Arcana.

Did you happen to try out the generator?

Blueiji
2012-07-12, 06:38 PM
I'm now separating "Elf", "Dwarf", "Halfling", and "Gnome" into their various sub-races.

I also went through the SRD to look for the monsters with level adjustment below +3 (ignoring racial hit-dice).

I then went through the various Races of _______ source-books, and added the applicable races.

There's a web-enchancemt for Savage Species that include two more races, which I added.

I added the two vile races from the Book of Vile Darkness.

If anyone could look through the Faerun and Eberron books than that would be awesome, for I don't have immediate access to those books.

I'm now gonna look through the Monster Manuals II - V in search of more low LA monsters to add to the list.

Anyway, this is just an update on what I'm adding.

The Bandicoot
2012-07-12, 08:14 PM
I got a Neutral Evil Swashbuckler/Lurker Darfellan.

The way I imagine him is a pure black pirate/Sauhagin hunter that doesn't care about collateral damage at all as long as he comes out ahead and Sauhagin end up dead.

TheThan
2012-07-12, 08:47 PM
So tested this out, I rolled five characters. This is what the results were.

Chaotic good fire gensai swordsage
True neutral triton swashbuckler
Chaotic neutral earth mephling spirit shaman
Lawful evil Jerren soulborn
Lawful good dragonborn paladin (oddly enough, i didn't have to adjust anything for alignment restrictions)

QuidEst
2012-07-12, 10:04 PM
Well, I'm going to add to this…

Pathfinder version!

Part One: Character Class
Roll 1d20
1 | Barbarian
2 | Bard
3 | Cleric
4 | Druid
5 | Fighter
6 | Monk
7 | Paladin
8 | Ranger
9 | Rogue
10 | Sorcerer
11 | Wizard
12 | Alchemist
13 | Cavalier
14 | Gunslinger
15 | Inquisitor
16 | Magus
17 | Oracle
18 | Summoner
19 | Witch
20 | Psionic[/TABLE]

On a 20, roll 1d6 for the Psionic table.

1 | Psion
2 | Psychic Warrior
3 | Soulknife
4 | Vitalist
5 | Wilder
6 | Nevermind, go reroll on the main table.

Yes, lower odds for the Psionic classes. They're third party.

Part One-and-a-Half: Archetype (Optional)

Roll 1d6. Even, straight class. Odd, use an archetype.

Because there are various numbers of archetypes, no list is provided.
Options if no suitable die exists:
• Pick the next largest die and roll. Reroll non-working results.
• Pick the next lowest die and exclude the worst archetype(s) from the roll.
• Use the forum roller! Make a die that size.
• Cheat and just pick one.
You may use 1d4 to decide from those options if you're really big on making this random.

Some classes, such as Sorcerer or Oracle, have a lot of different tracks. You may roll for them if you wish.

Part Two: Character Alignment
To determine your randomly generated character's alignment, roll 1d10. Using this result, refer to the chart below.

{TABLE]DICE RESULT | ALIGNMENT
1 | Lawful Good
2 | Lawful Neutral
3 | Lawful Evil
4 | Neutral Good
5 | True Neutral
6 | Neutral Evil
7 | Chaotic Good
8 | Chaotic Neutral
9 | Chaotic Evil
0 | Re-roll or Pick[/TABLE]

If your class is incompatible with the alignment determined then you must re-roll.
Exceptions:
•Paladins still roll. Anything but Chaotic Evil is treated as Lawul Good. If you roll Chaotic Evil, the character is an Anti-Paladin. Other alignments determine the Paladin's leaning towards Law, Good, or striking a close balance.
•Chaotic Good Drow Rangers or Fighters must re-roll from start.

Part Three: Character Race

Roll 1d4 and 1d10. The 1d4 is tens place, the 1d10 is the ones place.
{TABLE]DICE RESULT | Race
10 | Human
11 | Dwarf
12 | Elf
13 | Gnome
14 | Half Elf
15 | Half Orc
16 | Halfling
17 | Aasimars
18 | Catfolk
19 | Dhampir
20 | Drow (if Chaotic Good and Ranger or Fighter, reroll character)
21 | Fetchlings
22 | Goblins
23 | Hobgoblins
24 | Ifrits
25 | Kobolds
26 | Orcs
27 | Oreads
28 | Ratfolk
29 | Sylphs
30 | Tengus
31 | Tieflings (Roll all the cool random options provided!)
32 | Undines
33 | Changelings
34 | Duergar
35 | Gillmen
36 | Gripplis
37 | Kitsune
38 | Merfolk
39 | Nagaji
40 | Samsarans
41 | Strix
42 | Sulis
43 | Svirfneblin
44 | Vanaras
45 | Vishkanyas
46 | Wayangs
47-49 | Roll 1d6 + 10 (core non-human)
[/TABLE]

Yes, higher odds for the non-human core races. Humans are overused, but the other core races could use a little extra love. If you object to such flagrant bias, treat it as a normal re-roll.

If your class and race share a variant racial archetype, you may substitute that if you wish.

Frenth Alunril
2012-07-12, 10:17 PM
this pretty fly.

Tell you what, if you cats wanna see this get automated, let's make up the lists, the more complete the lists, the better I can do with randomly generating sheets.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, check out the Random NPC generator, in my sig...

Couldn't we also (this is something I am thinking of for the NPC Generator as well) use the tables from Unearthed Arcana to add a little bit of a backstory? That should be easy enough to do.

Then Characters will just jump off the page! (without even having to roll dice!)

Hahaha... sorry.

Maybe this could be another thread, but... here is fine for now.

Mad Points to Blueiji

TL;DR
Give me adequately profuse tables of variables. I will make a random generator!

QuidEst
2012-07-12, 10:59 PM
I tried mine out!

Inquisitor, LN, Asura-Spawn Tiefling (+2 WIS, +2 DEX, -2 INT) with Sonic Resistance 5 and pig-like ears
Gunslinger, LG, Sylph (+2 DEX, +2 INT, -2 CON)
Paladin, CG -> LG, Halfling (+2 DEX, +2 CHA, -2 STR)

That is an odd-looking Inquisitor. They get Hideous Laughter 1/day. The stat mods work well. Probably a dogged tracker who hunts down criminals. Not much sense of humor, but they can make people start laughing uncontrollably- which is usually how they get a killing blow in on criminals wanted dead rather than alive.

Sylph Gunslinger certainly sounds interesting. Breeze-Kissed gives +2 ranged AC (against non-magic), Like the Wind gives +5 movement (for 35 ft base), and Whispering Wind gives +4 to Stealth. The stats work nicely again, making for a very nimble and sneaky quick-firing character. They're likely part of the City Watch in a large city, taking down dangerous criminals with crippling shots.

Halfling Paladin- again, nice stats. Probably a ranged Paladin, with Fleet of Foot getting them back up to 30 ft. movement. More concerned with protecting the innocent than bringing evil to justice, they probably ride between villages where orcs/goblins/whatevs are raiding, helping them to prepare defenses and staying for the fights.

Lionheart
2012-07-13, 12:48 AM
I just tried it and got a TN Aasimar druid. Stat adjustments fit, and it's interesting enough trying to come up with a story as it is.

Love it.

Tengu_temp
2012-07-13, 10:43 AM
This is not a character concept generator. It just creates a random race/class/alignment combo. There's way more to a concept than that, and if I can't come up with an interesting concept on my own, I doubt a generator telling me to play a CN Hadozee Marshall would help me.

QuidEst
2012-07-13, 10:57 AM
This is not a character concept generator. It just creates a random race/class/alignment combo. There's way more to a concept than that, and if I can't come up with an interesting concept on my own, I doubt a generator telling me to play a CN Hadozee Marshall would help me.

Well, sure. But I wouldn't have come up with the Sylph Gunslinger combo myself, and I think it's a rather interesting one. It's a way to get started and break out of the normal routine.

Tira-chan
2012-07-13, 11:02 AM

I have to disagree with you on this one. Sure, knowing your character's race, class, and alignment doesn't actually tell you who your character is. That's your job. It's sort of like a writing exercise - instead of coming up with a story about anything you want, you're given a topic to start out with. I think it actually forces you to be more creative, because you have to take what you're given and go, "Okay, what kind of person is this?" It's much easier to fit stats to a character idea than the other way around.

Tengu_temp
2012-07-13, 11:39 AM
I think it actually forces you to be more creative, because you have to take what you're given and go, "Okay, what kind of person is this?" It's much easier to fit stats to a character idea than the other way around.

What kind of person? Pretty much any kind you can think of, because the a class, race and alignment combo is extremely broad and generic and barely affects a character's personality, if at all. Two CG elven fighters can be completely different people.

Also, I am not a fan of playing exotic, obscure races. From my experience, players who like to do that tend not to give their characters much personality beyond being racial archetypes. 90% of my characters are humans.

You want a real writing exercise that forces you to be more creative? You and all of your buddies have to create single-classed human fighters. Make them all varied.

QuidEst
2012-07-13, 12:11 PM
What kind of person? Pretty much any kind you can think of, because the a class, race and alignment combo is extremely broad and generic and barely affects a character's personality, if at all. Two CG elven fighters can be completely different people.

Also, I am not a fan of playing exotic, obscure races. From my experience, players who like to do that tend not to give their characters much personality beyond being racial archetypes. 90% of my characters are humans.

You want a real writing exercise that forces you to be more creative? You and all of your buddies have to create single-classed human fighters. Make them all varied.

That's sort of the opposite of the point of this- that's providing an obstacle to work around. The class and race are boring and generic, leaving you to spruce them up. This provides you with an interesting combination, and your job is to ground it and flesh it out realistically.

And sure, CG elven fighters might be quite different. Part of that is that fighter is a very vanilla class. But if this presents you with LG Satyr Rogue, you have something interesting to work with. LG forces you to work outside some of the Rogue and Satyr stereotypes.

With respect to not playing monster races, this is encouragement to do so. Fantasy worlds end up being mostly populated by humans, and it's nice to focus on some other races.

Blueiji
2012-07-13, 02:06 PM
I've managed to go through the Monster Manuals II-V and I added the player appropriate creatures with a level adjustment of 3 or lower.

As for the debate concerning the relevance of the generator, I'd like to put in my two cents (even though they may be heavily biased).

This random generator is not meant to create characters you would actually play (unless you wanted too, of course). It was mostly made to create amusing combinations that you could look at and go "whoa, that's kind of cool!" or "huh, that's a fun concept, I'm going to try designing a build for that". Plus, if you really liked the result, you could flesh it out into a character concept, with a complete back-story, personality, and history.

If you don't like the menagerie of non-human possibilities it gives, then just skip that part and use only the class generator, and if you find that element boring, just don't use the generator.

Thanks for all the replies and feedback on the generator. Once again, if anyone notices that I've missed anything, please point it out, I'd love to add it. :smallsmile:

kamikasei
2012-07-13, 02:31 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Tengu, but apparently this is of use/interest to some, so what the heck.

However...

It's entirely focused on D&D 3.5. Shouldn't it be in the subforum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59) to that? You can report your opening post and ask for it to be moved.

More to the point, it has no inner workings. It's a set of fields - race, class, alignment - for each of which an item is randomly picked from a long list of all available sources. Isn't this exactly the sort of thing which would work much better as a page where you can click a button and get a new random result spat back out? That would even allow for actual frills like telling you where to look to find the obscure race you've just been provided with, or letting you limit the selection in advance to sources you have access too. This would also rather simplify the process of adding new items.

Honestly, at the moment this is less of a "character concept generator" and more of a "two numbered lists of every race and class I could think of in a particular ruleset".

Zale
2012-07-13, 02:55 PM
So.. I got a Neutral Good Windblade Ninja.

Rather obscure race there.

Perhaps some method of rolling that would result in a bell curve, with the more common races being more likely and the more obscure less so?

jedimattk
2012-07-13, 05:39 PM
I was toying with the idea of using this generator to create characters for a one-off campaign with some friends, and develop the story around the characters I got. So I rolled up 3 characters:

Chaotic Evil Air Genasi Incarnate. I modified this to Chaotic Neutral after looking up what, exactly, an incarnate was. Very interesting combination, with the race being a quasi-elemental incarnation of air and the class an incarnation of chaos. I'm thinking of making a character like this for myself now, if I can do it without buying Magic of Incarnum.

Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Warlock. What it says on the tin, I think. Seems like a good combination, not particularly unusual, though hardly something you'd see every day.

Neutral Evil Aventi Monk. Is this a homebrew race? I found it on the wiki and it didn't list a sourcebook. Interesting combination again, as the Aventi are basically rebranded Atlantians: a lawful, traditional people descended from early humans that now live underwater. I can see good roleplaying possibilities here.

I was surprised that all the characters came up evil. This might make a good party in the right campaign, but for my group, I'd have to at least change all the characters to neutral alignments. (Since I already had to do this for the incarnate, I briefly thought about making the warlock TN and the monk LN, but it might be better just to roll up new characters. I don't know.)

The generator seems biased to more obscure races and classes, just because there are more of them. I like the idea of putting them on a Bell curve, although I don't have time to rebalance those tables right now, so someone else would have to do the dirty work.

QuidEst
2012-07-13, 07:58 PM

Perhaps some method of rolling that would result in a bell curve, with the more common races being more likely and the more obscure less so?

You can use the Pathfinder races list from my post. I think most of them are represented in D&D, and they tend to be the more common ones. I also made it with a slight bias towards nonhuman core races.

Blueiji
2012-07-13, 08:33 PM

Here's a list that corresponds to the racial population averages listed in the Dungeon Master's Guide, it can be used as an alternative to the race list in the original post if the individual wishes for a more contained racial selection.

Alternative Part Three: Character Race
{TABLE] ROLL VALUE | RACE
01 - 37 | Human
38 - 57 | Halfling
58 - 75 | Elf
76 - 85 | Dwarf
86 - 92 | Gnome
93 - 97 | Half-Elf
98 - 100 | Half-Orc[/TABLE]

Neutral Evil Aventi Monk. Is this a homebrew race? I found it on the wiki and it didn't list a sourcebook. Interesting combination again, as the Aventi are basically rebranded Atlantians: a lawful, traditional people descended from early humans that now live underwater. I can see good roleplaying possibilities here.

The Aventi isn't homebrew, it's from the source-book called Stormwrack, as are the Hadozee and Darfellan, which are also on the list.

I'm glad to see so much interest in the list, thank you for all your input so far. :smallsmile:

Empedocles
2012-07-13, 08:37 PM
I like this a LOT :smallbiggrin:

I do have one idea: every character has a 5% chance of using a variant class such as the totem barbarian, and every character has a 5% chance of having an ACF. Those could then get their own tables. Just a thought.

Blueiji
2012-07-13, 08:50 PM
I like this a LOT :smallbiggrin:

I do have one idea: every character has a 5% chance of using a variant class such as the totem barbarian, and every character has a 5% chance of having an ACF. Those could then get their own tables. Just a thought.

My original thoughts were that if you rolled a class that had ACFs or variants, you could choose which ones to use (or not at all).

There are also quite a large number of ACFs, but I may be able to handle making charts fro variant classes, which there are less of, and are more interesting.

Unrelated to that, I'm adding two fo the races from the Champions of Ruin sourcebook, the Krinth and the Extaminaar. Fun fact about the Extaminaar, their image in Champions of Ruin is the same used by Gnorman to represent the "Patrician" archetype in his e6 compendium.