PDA

View Full Version : OP d20 dragons bounty hunters IC

Cormag81
2012-07-12, 07:47 PM
Mavol is a port town on a tropical volcanic island in the west blue. As one of the few remaining marine strongholds in the west blue it is a safe haven for world government sympathizers. The towns began as a marine fort and training base. It has long since outgrown its humble beginnings but the original fort still stands and performs it's duties. The town and fort are similar in their layout as the more empovished people live near the ocean with conditions improving the farther inland you go. Near the docks their is a small tavern in which two young anti-government activist are sitting at the bar discussing their recent discovery about one of the local resident's.

Sorahica
2012-07-12, 11:49 PM
In the corner of the tavern, a young girl sits alone at a table. There is a doctor kit sitting on the table in front of her, and a pellet rifle strapped to her waist. Latching and unlatching the kit, she mutters to herself.
"Just wait, guys."She says. "I'll find a job soon, promise. And then I'll come back with enough Beli to feed us for the rest of our lives."

Cormag81
2012-07-13, 02:38 AM
Sitting further down the bar from the two activists is a young man, his hood is up so you can't see his face and he has multiple starknifes hidden under his coat. "Damn, I finish my apprentenceship and nobody has any work for me, guess I'm going to have to be self employed....for now."

inuko
2012-07-13, 10:44 PM
Sitting in a separate corner a girl sits at a table alone. She stares at the ceiling in boredom. "I have to find someone to travel with." she whispers "Anyone would do at this point."

Cormag81
2012-07-14, 12:21 AM
"He's here we have to take him soon, before they move him again. Now might be our last chance."
"You saw his house it's a fortress, we don't have any way in and if we take a direct approach we'll be dead before we reach the door"
"What about when he leaves the house?"
"And brings an entire platoon with him! Do you want to die!?"
"Got any better Idea's, hmm!?"
"No but I'm not going to throw my life away until I explore all my options."
"What about recruiting some help?"
"That might work but most of the locals are pro-goverment how would we know they wouldn't report us to the navy"
"No idea Adam but we got to do something we can't let him slip through our fingers again"
"You're right Mary but where would we start?"
Meanwhile further down the bar
"First things first I need to 'find' some funding for my first job." he looks down the bar and says "Those two look promising."
The man then walks towards the door and right past "Adam" and "Mary."
Faster then the eye can see "Mary" has her sword out and across the neck of the man who just walked by.
"Very funny. Now if you want to keep your head you'll return my friends wallet"
"Calm down Mary, if you don't cut his head off, he may be of use to us."
"And just what could he do to help us"
"He obviously is confident in his ability, he just tried to steal from two heavily armed people" Adam taps the sword on his hip. "We need a way in and I think this man might be able to provide one."
"You guys do realize I'm right here, and I still have a sword at my throat, Right."
"Shut up we're not talking to you"
"I don't care I'm talking to you. Why in the world would I help people who are threatening my life."
"He's right I should just kill him now."
"No he'll help us because he knows that we could turn him over to the navy for being a pickpocket, and judging by your skill they would love to have him." With that he smiles a cruel smile. "So what will be, sir. Are you going to help us and get more money then is in that wallet, or would you prefer a jail cell?"
"You drive a hard bargain sir so I think I'll accept your offer of a job but I must warn you I'm not as wanted as you seem to think."
"Well you will be soon" Mary says as she pulls he sword away from the man's neck.
"Good to know, the name's Malakia by the way" Malakia says as he turns to face his new "comrades."

Sorahica
2012-07-16, 01:29 AM
In the corner of the tavern, the girl turns in the direction of Malakia and "friends", having overheard their conversation.
"Well, that's interesting. Seems like a party of some kind. Perhaps they'd let me join. Seems a bit too... violent for me, but... I mean, it's really my only option. Hopefully they'll let me join. We all know I'm not exactly good with people. Well, it's worth a try.
She stands up, clutches her doctor kit at her side, and approaches the group at the door.
"Hello, my name is Jewel Ashendale. I overheard you talking earlier. It appears you're some sort of party? Well, I'm a traveling doctor looking for work. Perhaps you could be so kind as to hire me?"

inuko
2012-07-16, 02:42 AM
Meanwhile, the girl sitting on the other side of the room overhears three words. These words "excited" her. "Armed, jail, hire? Sounds like fun. Even though stalking was never my strong suit, there's a first time for everything, right? Right. So let's do this." she encouraged herself. "I'll wait until they get up to walk somewhere, then I'll follow." she states, slumping back into her seat, trying not to be seen.

Cormag81
2012-07-16, 04:29 AM
Adam turns to face the newcomer, and sizes her up before replying. But before he can reply Malakia pipes up, "Well that's an interesting tool for a doctor." he say's as his eyes lock on the gun at her side.
"If you have a problem with woman who know how to defend themselves, you should have said something earlier.
"Will the both of you shut up. Sorry about that miss, It apears my 'friends' haven't quite finished their pissing match yet. A doctor will be more than welcome, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait untill after our first job is done to get paid. If your still willing to work with us feel free to come along."

Sorahica
2012-07-16, 06:19 PM
Choosing not to discuss her weapon, Jewel replies only to "Adam".
"That is acceptable. As long as I do get paid. I don't work for free, you know. Now, where are we going?"

Cormag81
2012-07-16, 07:11 PM
"Good to have you along Jewel. Don't worry to much about the money, you'll get paid when this is over one way or the other." With he turns back towards the door. "Put the sword away mary we don't need any more trouble here." he then proceeds to walk out the door. Mary follows close behind.
"Hello their Jewel I'm Malakia and I'm pleased to make the acquaintance of a Woman as pretty as you. Even if you are a doctor who carries a gun."
Meanwhile outside "Adam" and "Mary" are have a quick conversation about their new "Friends"
"You think we can trust them Aaron"
"The girl is young, but she seems the type to keep her word"
"I'm not worried about her, it's the other guy that bothers me."
"I don't trust him any farther then I can throw him but I saw the way his eyes lit up When I mentioned the reward money he'll stay in line as long as the jobs not to hard and we pay him at the end."
That's what bothers me what if the target offers him money to turn on us."
"We will burn that bridge when we come to it. no point worrying about what hasn't happened yet but just to be safe let's take them back to the Inn and not the ship"
"Okay but don't say I didn't warn you."
"Whatever Marisa just watch our back and make sure we aren't followed."

Sorahica
2012-07-16, 07:28 PM
Back in the tavern, Jewel is speaking to Malakia.
"Whatever, Malaria." She says, brushing him off, "Just do your job and stop stealing things. I'm not here to be hit on by some random thief."
She turns to leave the tavern, but turns back before opening the door.
'Finally, a job.' She thinks,' See you, girls. I'll be back soon.' She leaves the tavern with a twinkle in her eyes and a half-smile on her lips.

inuko
2012-07-17, 02:32 AM
Still sitting at her little table. The girl sees the party leave. "So, I guess now would be a good time, huh? Sure, I mean it's not like they're going to kill me. I hope not, but can I trust all of them. They seem trust worthy, especially Doctor girl. Though, wallet boy worries me. Eh, whatever." she whispers to herself. Slowly, she stands and begins to "stalk" them the best she can, keeping her distance and hiding behind and under everything she can.

Cormag81
2012-07-17, 02:54 AM
Malakia follows Jewel out of the tavern and finds "Adam" waiting on him.
"Now that we are all assembled could you both please follow me."
"Where is the crazy sword lady?"
"You mean Mary, she ran ahead to hide her money from you. Let's get going.
Inuko: don't forget about your minion. Spot check to realize "Mary" isn't with them anymore.
Sorahica: I'm going to assume your following behind "Adam." If that was not you intention, or you wish to take a separate action say so.

inuko
2012-07-30, 09:51 PM
Slowly "stalking" her "targets", the girl notices that one of the members of the party was missing. "Huh, that's weird. The girl with the sword is gone. Wonder where she went." she thinks for a moment. "Oh well, doesn't really matter. Three people have to be enough for now" Then she continues "stalking" her "targets" Spot check in OOC

Cormag81
2012-08-14, 12:24 AM
Adam leads the group (with March close behind) on a winding tour of the town before he eventually stops them in front of a small inn. He stops and waits there for seemingly no reason when "Mary" suddenly appears from the crowd and walks up to "Adam"
"Aaron, we are being followed."
"Good to know Marisa, shall we deal with our stalker."
"Yes let's, follow me."
Then Mary turns directly toward Mach and draws her sword Aaron turns and follows suit. They begin to close in on her when suddenly a Giant of a man who appears to be sown together with parts from different people steps between them and March.
"You no hurts Master!"

Thats the only time I'm going to control your minion Inoku so step it up
It doesn't have to speak in that color just wanted to differentiate from text
PS. reanalyzing your roll for minion devil fruits I decided to retroactively rule that you roles high enough for parts from a fishman to have been used meaning your Minion can breath underwater.

Sorahica
2012-08-14, 12:59 AM
The moment Jewel notices March, she whips around. As the monster speaks, she pulls out her pellet rifle and points it at the monster.
Noticing Marisa and Aaron's reaction, she says "Looks like you've got it handled.", but doesn't put the gun down. She steps back a few feet, ready to fire if anything turns hostile. And the way Jewel glares at them, you can tell she is just dying for something to turn hostile.

inuko
2012-08-14, 11:28 PM
March steps in front of the monster then puts her hands up as if she were being a arrested. "Whoa, now let's not get all fighty before you hear what I have to say. My name is March and I was wondering if I could join you. Now I'm thinking this was a bad idea, but if you would please put down your weapons I would love to talk. Oh and this," she gestures toward the monster in front of her, is my adorable minion, Boo-boo. Isn't he cute." Boo-boo stands beside March. She begins to pet his head. "Thank chu master." Boo-boo says.

Sorahica
2012-08-14, 11:35 PM
Jewel doesn't lower her gun.
"That's all good and well, but why the heck were you stalking me?"

Cormag81
2012-08-15, 02:28 AM
Aaron and Marisa share a look and seem to begin to come to a decision when
"Great another woman who can crush me, this is definatly my day."
Aaron nods to Marisa who tightens her grip on her sword then turns back towards the other to
"What do you think, should we give her a chance?"
"Oh sure lets let another homicidal lady into our group the more the merrier right."
"Good I'm glad to here you support gaining some extra help for this mission."
"That's not what I.... Whatever, guess I'll just roll with it."
"Glad that's settled. Jewel?"

Sorahica
2012-08-15, 10:46 AM
Jewel puts away her gun and glares at Aaron. She looks indecisively between her group and March, literally growling in frustration. Finally she gives up.
"Fine! If you idiots are willing to let a stalker with a zombie join, then by all means let her join! But I am not going to heal her if she gets hurt."
She turns abruptly from all of them, heading towards the inn.

Cormag81
2012-08-15, 12:19 PM
Aaron turn back to march
"Well you've managed to rub our doctor the wrong way have fun rectifying that. But I'm of the opinion that anyone with a huge zombie isn't working for the Navy, oh and that's not our inn."
"Your considering letting this girl come with us Aaron?"
I'm considering giving her a chance to explain herself that's all.
"That's very reasonable of you Adam or Aaron or whatever your name is but can we please get on with it!"
"Marisa deal with the loudmouth."
"Gladly."
Aaron turns back to March and lowers his sword but keeps it out.
"So what's your story young woman?"
Meanwhile Marisa turns back towards Malakia grabs him by the shirt and begins to drag him away
"Jewel if you would like to go to the actual inn come with me."

Sorahica
2012-08-15, 12:37 PM
Jewel spins away from the fake inn and looks at Marisa.
"Are we sure stalker-zombie- girl can be left alone? I don't want our friend the swordsman getting hurt." she seems to reconsider, "Never mind. He can take care of himself. Lead on, Marisa." she says, following Marisa and Malaria Malakia.

inuko
2012-08-17, 12:28 AM
March and Boo-boo look at each other then back to the group. "Where exactly do you wish for me to start with my expination?"

Cormag81
2012-08-17, 11:12 AM
"I would say at the beginning but, I have a feeling we would be here all day. Let me ask you one question do you feel any loyalty to the Navy?"

inuko
2012-08-17, 10:11 PM
March tries as hard as she can not to laugh. "Why would I want to work with the navy. They have rules that you're "not allowed to shoot people unless it's necessary" rule." she says.
"Master no like da navvy." Boo-boo adds. March taps his shoulder gently. "It's navy."

Cormag81
2012-08-19, 05:13 PM
"Well I'll have you know I only trust you as far as I can throw your friend there but you obviously aren't navy with him following you around" Aaron points his sword at the minion before sheathing it. "Come along I'll lead the way"

Meanwhile Marisa and company arrive at another slightly nicer Inn. She leads them upstairs before stoping in front of a pair of doors
"The one on the right is my, and now your, room Jewel. the Left is Aaron's room so it's where you will be staying Malakia but you might want to wait in the common room for him to get back cause I don't have a key to that room."
"Not a problem" as he walks back down to the common room planing his escape.
"Follow me" Marisa then walks up to the door and unlocks it revealing a fairly plain room with all of her personal effects in one relatively small suitcase pre-packed for a quick getaway.

Sorahica
2012-08-19, 08:47 PM
Jewel examines the room quickly, then nods expressionlessly. She trots over to a chair in the room, opens her doctor kit and starts cleaning the instuments carefully, obviously not curious enough to asking any questions.

inuko
2012-08-21, 12:46 AM
March and Boo-boo fallows Aaron intently. Then Boo-boo looks at March confused. As if reading his mind, March said "You may speak."
"Master, where exactly are we going."
"Well you see," she pauses."Where are we going? I mean, what is the point of all this?"

Cormag81
2012-08-23, 11:42 PM
"We are going to the actual Inn me and Marisa are staying at. As for what we're doing I don't want to have to explain it more then once so just sit tight."
Aaron and March arrive at the inn shortly thereafter and run into Malakia as he is trying to sneak out.
"And where do you think your going?"
"Home."
"Fine just don't come back and don't expect your cut."
"Works with me."
"oh and don't report us to the navy or else we will make you are next target."
"Target? are you and the sword lady some kind of assassins?"
"If you want to know, stay and find out but you can't have it both ways."
"Fair enough I'll stay but only on the grounds that if I decide not to work with you, I walk no questions asked."
"After the jobs done fine."
Aaron then lead both March and Malakia up to his room and nocks on Marisa's door
"Team meeting My room five minutes"

Sorahica
2012-08-25, 12:10 AM
Jewel looks up from her kit when Adam makes his announcement and notices March. Once she sees March she sighs angrily.
"Really? You let the stalker with the zombie in? THE STALKER WITH THE ZOMBIE? She suddenly realizes something.
"Wait, does that mean she's staying with us? As in, in this room? Oh, no no no no!" She proclaims, brandishing a half-polished scalpel, "I am not sleeping in the same room as her. I mean, the crazy sword lady," she points to Marisa, "and the womanizing thief named after a disease were bad enough. But her? That's just too much." She packs her kit and gun, storming out of the room. Turning back at the last second, she says, "Don't worry, I'll be back for the meeting. I'm just arranging my own conditions.

inuko
2012-08-25, 04:05 AM
March watches as Jewel storms out, then suddenly calls back to her "You know, he does have feeling! And so do I! So maybe you could try and-" She stops talking to Jewel and turns to a wall. Slamming her head against the wall, she mumbles just loud enough to be heard "Well she hates my guts." Boo-boo copies March's actions. March hits her head softly against the wall repeatedly.

Cormag81
2012-08-28, 09:35 PM
Aaron turn to march, "Stop that, We're going to need you later, Marisa can you deal with her while I go get the other girl."
"You mean Jewel?"
"Yeah, her." Aaron says as he turns towards the door.
"How about I go talk to jewel and you stay here with the other one."
"You mean March?"
"Exactly."
Aaron looks confused but turns back to march"K, I guess, whats wrong March?"
Meanwhile Jewel runs into Malakia just outside the door to her room.
"Watch it! Where do you think your going huh."

inuko
2012-08-30, 09:23 PM
March puts her hands on the wall, slamming her head against it one last time before speaking. "All of my life I've been hated because of who I am and what I choose to do with my life. Doctor Girl is no different. Do the rest of you plan on being like them?" She listed herself off of the wall and gets about an inch away from Aaron's face. "Well do you Leader Boy?" she screams at him.

Sorahica
2012-09-01, 02:43 PM
Jewel brushes past Malaria Malakia saying, "Nowhere, disease boy. Leave me alone. And do me a favor, if anyone tries to follow me, tell them not to. I'll be back for the meeting, I just need to take care of something."

Cormag81
2012-09-03, 11:53 PM
"I have no idea what you mean by that march but I can assure you as long as you intend to help me and you have no ties to the navy I'll respect you"

Malakia steps out of Jewels way and she continues down the stairs. Marisa comes out of the room next and she turn to Malakia.
"Where'd she go?"
"Who the doctor gunner, she went that way." Malakia says pointing towards the stairs "What's this about a meeting?"
"We're meeting in Aaron's room in 5 be just go in and get comfortable." Marisa then heads down the stairs after Jewel.

inuko
2012-09-04, 12:38 AM
"You'll respect me?" March turns away and covers her face with her long black hair. "Thank you. From both of us." Boo-boo looks at her confused, but stays silent.

Sorahica
2012-09-22, 06:33 PM
Jewel passes by Marisa on her way back up the stairs.
"Oh, you again. Don't worry about me, nothing's changed. The rooms are too expensive anyway. I'll be staying you guys." Jewel says without stopping. She brushes past Marisa, not giving time for Marisa to reply, and heads to Aaron's room for the meeting.

Cormag81
2012-09-22, 07:08 PM
"Uh okay then?" Marissa then turns and follows Jewel up the stairs and into Aaron's room where they find Malakia siting on the bed and waiting for the rest of the group.
"well look who's here crazy sword lady and miss doctor gunner but where is mr strong and the mad stalker scientist."

Meanwhile in the next room
"Your welcome now don't blow it were going to need your help on this job and probably on jobs in the future so as long as you continue to do your best to help I'll continue to respect both of you. Now come along so I can explain the job to the entire group."

inuko
2012-09-22, 11:31 PM
March and Boo-boo follow Aaron. Boo-boo whispers to March,
"Master found carers?"
"Yes Boo-boo," March whispers back, "These people are Kind and won't do what 'They' did to us." Boo-boo smiles.

Sorahica
2012-09-23, 07:52 PM
Jewel trots into Aaron's room and sits down in the closest chair to the door.
She waves half-heartedly at Malaria Malakia. "Hi, Disease Boy." She nods at Marisa as she enters, then pulls out her doctor kit and continues cleaning.

Cormag81
2012-09-25, 11:44 AM
"If your not careful Malakia our doctor won't treat you, which would be bad for you"
"Yeah right, doctors are all stupid wastes of space anyway I don't need help from anyone"
"Just warning you"
Marisa sits down next to Malakia and begins polishing her sword. In responce Malakia pulls out what appears to be a giant throwing star.

Meanwhile Aaron is to busy to hear March and Boo-Boo conversation and he leads March into the room where everyone is sitting around playing with their weapons.
"Well Now that we are all here I feel its time to introduce ourselves and for the new arrivals explain what they can do that might be of use to the group. I'll start I'm Aaron and I am a bounty hunter. This is Marisa our resident navigator and swordswoman."
Marisa nods her head and goes back to polishing her sword.

Sorahica
2012-09-30, 07:13 PM
Jewel looks up as Aaron finishes speaking. She sighs and puts away her kit, standing up.
"I suppose I'll go next. I'm Jewel, and I'm a doctor. Also, as Disease Boy has noticed, I do occasionally shoot things when I have to. And that's all I'm telling you."
She sits back down and goes back to cleaning.

Cormag81
2012-10-01, 12:37 AM
"Thank you jewel I'll have some questions for you later but for now just listen up"

inuko
2012-10-02, 10:12 PM
"Guess I'm next huh?" March say staying seated. "Name's March. This is my bro-" she stops. "Boo-boo. Yeah my Boo-boo" Boo-boo waves.

Cormag81
2012-10-15, 07:48 PM
"I'm Malakia, and I'm good at building and repairing ships as well as obtaining objects of interest.
"Thank you every one for your very, insightful, information now it's my turn Marisa and I were hired by a group of very powerful people to abduct a certain person. We tracked him to this island but we ran into a problem, he's under naval protection for supplying information on our employers to the world government. That's where you guys come in I asked earlier but I'll ask again if you have any qualms about opposing the world government just say so but if your willing to stay you'll be given a share of the profits which should be somewhere in the range of 500,000£"

inuko
2012-10-16, 11:55 PM
March stares in amazement. "Hablatagablamahanaha, holy flauzles. How much did you just say? Does that really exist in the world?" Boo-boo looks around to see that almost everyone have their weapons out and most are cleaning. March sees this to, pulls out a small piece of cloth, licks it, and rubs it on Boo-boo's arm.

Sorahica
2012-10-21, 08:42 PM
Jewel doesn't look up for a few seconds after Aaron's question, thinking. She debates for a few seconds while March speaks, the looks up and replies.
"I honestly don't care if we work against the government, as long as I don't get caught and my family stays out of it. The money's nice too." And with that last statement, she goes back to cleaning, indifferent.

Cormag81
2012-10-28, 01:49 PM
"Wow your not kidding are you, that's a lot of money. Whos the target andhow do I help"
"Really just like that you go from uninterested observer to hyperactive supporter. Just great we got ourselves a regular thug."
"Calm down Marisa at this point it doesn't matter what their motavation is as long as we get the job done. Either way we know our targets going out to a public party tonight and our plan was to poison him tonight and carry him off but we thought we might need some backup so we found the three of you."

Sorahica
2012-10-28, 05:24 PM
Jewel recoils slightly from Aaron at the mention of the party. "Ugh. Parties." She says, sounding disgusted.

inuko
2012-10-30, 06:54 PM
March stares at Jewel in disgust. Then, she sighs. "Jewel, we all know you hate people, but it's a party. Get over it." Boo-boo become very confused, but stays silent. "As you were saying Mr. Leader?"

Cormag81
2012-11-14, 04:49 AM
"Right so Marisa and I have obtained a dissolvable nock out drug. This our current plan is to slip it into his drink at the party, wait for it to take affect and to carry him away once he's out. Our only problem is that only local residents are able to go to the party and since we're from out of town we had no way in. That why we need you guys right now I was thinking that jewel Marisa and I would go in early find a place to sit and dissapear into the crowd. Then later after we've seen our target take a few drinks we'll send Marisa out to get Malakia and march who will then come in and approch the target attempting to poison him. While they come in Marisa would head to our ship and get it ready for our escape. Jewel and I will stay in the party in case things go south and the two of you need back up. Sound good to you Marisa."
"Well besides the fact that your excluding me from the fun nope. It makes sence, any objections from our recruites."

inuko
2012-11-14, 03:35 PM
"Nope. Not even a little bit." Boo-boo shakes his head.

Sorahica
2012-11-18, 07:23 PM
Jewel shrugs." As long as I stay out of the party, I'm fine."

My cousin wants me to put the mad face, so :smallfurious:

Cormag81
2012-11-22, 10:50 PM
"I love how you ask me to play the most important role either you rrally trust me or you are setting me up to fall either way I think I like you a little more now."
"Glad we have your approval good sir"
"Don't antagonize him Marisa we don't know how long we have to deal with him. Either way I know you guys have friends and family in the area and after tonight you might not be able to see them for a long time. You have 3 hours before we need to prepare for the party so you can have that time to do what you want just be back here in a few hours."

Sorahica
2012-11-23, 06:31 PM
Jewel squints at Aaron, like she doesn't quite believe him. Then she nods, satisfied, and quickly packs up her kit and leaves.

Cormag, I'm not sure if you want me to actually post what Jewel does during the next three hours. If you want me to, I will, but otherwise I'm not going to.

inuko
2012-11-23, 09:42 PM
March and Boo-Boo look at each other. "Wanna go work on the Kira?"
"Always, me follow Master." They nod and leave the room.

Cormag81
2012-12-09, 01:41 PM
"Okay I'm going to go see my teacher be back in about an hour."
As the team begins to file out of the room Aaron graps Marisa's arm and pulls her aside.

Listen check to hear what he says.

Cormag81
2012-12-19, 01:04 AM
Both girls hear the following conversation

"Marisa the girls seem okay but I'm not sure about the pickpocket. Follow him around and make sure he doesn't go to the navy."
"Ok. What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to follow the girls, make sure they stay safe. Can't have some random thug taking our help out for the beli in their purses."
"You always have had a soft spot for the ladies Aaron." she says looking dejected.
"Last time I checked you were a lady as well."
"Whatever we got things to do she turns sharply and leaves the room."

With that done Aaron approaches the both of you. "Thought I would warn you now that you've signed on with us you should avoid telling your families to much about what we're doing. you don't want to drag them into this."

Sorahica's bonus for twenty. No Inuko you can't look.
Inuko nolisten when I speak inuko seriously inuko Last warning malakia mutters this under his breath as he walks away. "This is dangerous but a big payday, or turn them into the navy for the easy reward? I can't be sure the navy would even reward me though. Plus these guys look like they want to expand maybe I just found full time work."

Sorahica
2013-01-14, 04:34 PM
Here's my giant narrative, spoilered to avoid stretching.

Jewel nods, hearing the warning, then trots down the street. She walks along the street for a few moments, then glances behind her back and quickly turns onto a side street. She walks along this street for a while, then cuts between two houses and onto another street beyond. She crosses the street and approaches the house on the other side of the street. The house is more of a shack, very old, wooden, and in great disrepair. Jewel approaches the old door and softly knocks.
A disheveled-looking middle-aged woman opens the door. At first she looks a bit surprised to see Jewel in the doorway, but then she recognizes Jewel, hugs her, and beckons her inside. Jewel steps into the old house, where three girls of varying ages, all resembling Jewel slightly, are waiting.
"Sis!" exclaims the youngest, who looks about 4 or 5, hugging Jewel's leg. "You're home!"
"Why so early?" says another, who looks about ten, "I thought you were out job-hunting until late."
"Yeah, Jewel." says the eldest (about 13) snidely. "Did you give up, or did the tavern 'close early' again?" she emphasizes the words sarcastically.
"Shut up, Lynn." Jewel replies. She sets down her doctor kit on the ground and leans against the back of a tattered armchair. "About that..." Jewel looks nervously at her mother. "Mom, could I talk to you privately?"
Jean (Jewel's mom) looks confused but nods. "Yeah, sure. Lynn, Grace, Michelle, could you go to your room for a little?"
The three girls reluctantly trod out of the room.
"What's wrong, Jewel?" Jean asks softly, concerned.
"Well, I found work."
"Really?" Jean exclaims. "That's great! Who are you working for?"
"That's the problem, Mom." Jewel looks down, embarrassed. "I can't tell you."
"What? Why?"
"Well..." Jewel hesitates. "If I tell you, you might be in danger."
Jean takes a step back, surprised. She closes her eyes and sighs. A few seconds later, she opens her eyes and looks at Jewel. "Jewel, I don't know what you're doing, and I'm not sure I approve of it."
"But, Mom!" Jewel argues. "There's plenty of money involved, enough to feed us for a long time! And I-"
"But," Jean interrupts, continuing in the same tone as before, "I know I can't stop you if you've put your mind to it. And I trust you to take care of yourself. So all I ask of you, Jewel, is that you stay out of danger if possible and don't do anything rash, and please, please, keep your sisters out of this."
Jewel nods stoutly. "I promise to."
"Good." Jean sighs again. "How long will you be doing this?"
"Well, for this mission, just a few days, but if I continue with these people, I could be away for a long time. I'd probably leave the island too."
"And do you think you will keep working for them?" Jean asks.
"Probably." Jewel says. Seeing her mother's waiting expression, she continues. "I haven't found any other work in months, and this seems like the best I'm going to find."
"Okay." Jean says. "But promise me that if it gets too dangerous, you'll come home, okay?"
"I promise, Mom." Jewel says monotonously. Jewel glances off towards where her sisters disappeared to. "What are we going to tell the girls?"
Jean waves her hand unconcernedly. "I'll just say you got a job treating some disease on some ship. They won't question it."
"Could you go tell them? I have a few things I want to wrap up out here."
"Sure."
Jean leaves. Once she's gone, Jewel opens the bottom drawer of a dresser in the corner of the room. Jewel slides a piece of wood from the bottom of the drawer, revealing a secret compartment. Inside are two metal boxes of about equal size. Jewel pulls a key out of her pocket and opens the first box, revealing a small store of Beli. Jewel quickly counts the money and pockets a few bills, but leaves most the Beli inside. She shuts and locks the box. She uses a different key to open the second box, revealing a fairly large stash of ammunition. Jewel takes most of the ammo and stores it, leaving only a very small, half-empty box.
"Sis?" asks a timid voice from behind Jewel. "What are you using that for?"
Jewel whirls around at the sound of Michelle's voice, quickly pocketing the last bit of ammo. She calms when she sees her sister, and squats down at Michelle's level.
"No reason, really" Jewel reassures her. "I just forgot to restock after that last hunting trip, so I was doing that now."
"Oh, okay."Michelle nods and grins innocently. "Good luck with the job, sis."
"Thanks." Jewel half-smiles. "Hey Michelle, where are the others?"
"In their room." Michelle answers. "They had some questions about the job, so Mom was talking to them. But they should be done by now."
Jewel turns around and shuts the box, compartment, and drawer, just in time for Jean, Lynn, and Grace to come into the room.
"Congrats on the job, sis!" exclaims Grace, hugging Jewel.
"Yeah." Lynn says emotionlessly. "Good job."
Jewel disentangles herself from Grace and glares at Lynn. "Thanks." she says, then trots over the the center of the room and flops down in the armchair. The rest of her family follows, sitting down in nearby chairs.
"Are you gonna tell Dr. BLANK, sis?" Grace asks.
"Probably not." Jewel replies, glancing at a clock on the wall. "I don't think I'll have time. I need to be back in two hours, and what with walking time, and finding him, and walking back..." She trails off.
"So what are you going to do?" asks Lynn.
"I don't know." Jewel shrugs. "Probably just stay here for a little while, with you guys." Jewel lays her head back, closing her eyes. Within seconds, she is asleep.
They sit in silence for a for a few seconds.
"So, sis-" Grace starts, turning towards Jewel, then interrupts herself. "Oh. She's asleep."
Lynn stands up to wake Jewel, but Jean interrupts her. "Let her sleep. She's had a long day." Jean orders. "Wake her up in an hour or so."
Lynn nods and sits down.
(An hour or so later)
Lynn shakes Jewel awake. Jewel blinks a few time, then wakes up fully.
"Woah, I guess I fell asleep there. Sorry." Jewel says quickly, standing up and stretching.
"It's okay. You need your rest." Jean says from the doorway.
"Oh, sis is awake?" Michelle calls, appearing in the doorway, followed by Grace. "Good morning, sis!"
Jewel half-smiles. "It's not morning yet, Michelle. It's only..." Jewel glances at the clock. "Woah, I slept for that long? I gotta go!" Jewel grabs her doctor kit off the floor.
Michelle sprints towards Jewel and hugs her leg. "Bye, sis!"
Jewel squats down to Michelle's level and hugs her. "Be safe, Michelle. Stay out of trouble."
Jewel stands to see that the rest of her family has lined up beside Michelle.
"You too." Jewel says to Grace, the next in line, kissing her on the cheek.
Jewel hugs Jean (next in line) tightly. "Keep them safe for me, will you, Mom?"
Jean nods, eyes watering. Jewel turns to Lynn. Lynn is glaring haughtily at Jewel, hands on her hips. Jewel stares back, then, to Lynn's surprise, holds out a hand for a handshake. Lynn suspiciously takes it.
"Lynn, I know we haven't always exactly been friends all the time, but I want you to know that I've never really hated you, no matter how insolent and childish you are."
Lynn tries to say something, but Jewel cuts her off.
"I might be gone for a while, and I want you to try not to hate me as much as possible while I'm gone."
Lynn opens her mouth to say something, but thinks better of it and nods mutely.
"Bye, girls!" Jewel calls, running out the door. "Be safe!"
(she heads towards the inn, getting there in time for whatever Cormag wants us to do)(your turn, guys)

inuko
2013-03-03, 04:37 PM
March and Boo-boo leave the inn and walk past several houses until they reach one with a cellar. March opens it and they quickly head inside. "why has no one ever seen us come in here?" March asks herself as she lights a candle laying on a small table next to a large stack of books. Boo-boo shrugs and sits on a metal chair in front of book shelf. March picks up a sickle attached to a dagger with a chain. "The Kira is almost ready. Do you think everyone will accept it?" Boo-boo stands up and walks over next to March. "Master always worry. They learn to like Ma-"
"Stop calling me that." March interrupts, "My name is March." Boo-boo sighs and hands March an old rag. "How do you always know what I want before I ask? Telepathy?" Boo-boo shakes his head. "I know March." March nods holds up the Kira by the scythes handle and swipes away the last little bit of dirt. Then she picks up the other end and turns to Boo-boo. "what do you think? Is it ready?"
"Yes."
"Alright then, let's go meet up with the others." March and Boo-Boo did a congratulatory high-five and left their little house. The odd duo soon met up with Jewel. "Don't shoot it's March and Boo-boo.

Sorahica
2013-03-03, 06:42 PM
Jewel, who had startled when March and her zombie approached, takes her hand off her gun when she recognizes them, but leaves her hand hovering by the holster.
"You say that like it's a good thing." Jewel mutters in response to March's assurance. "So I guess we're both heading back now? I might as well walk with you, make sure your friend there doesn't infect anyone else." Jewel takes a long step away from March's zombie, but continues on towards the inn and the meeting.

Cormag81
2013-03-24, 07:16 PM
When you arrive back at the inn you find your room empty and Aaron sitting in his room reading a book. "Good timing now that your back we can begin planing for the party nice weapon March, but I think your going to have to leave it here for the party. Same goes for you Jewel walking in with a gun is probably not a good idea. Otherwise get dressed for the party, If you don't have anything to wear ask Marisa she might have something, and be ready to head out in an hour."

Sorahica
2013-05-05, 01:56 PM
Jewel nods curtly at Aaron and heads into the girls' room. She borrows a dress from Marisa and quickly changes. After taking a moment to fully despise the outfit, she reluctantly leaves her pellet gun and ammo behind in the room, hidden behind one of the chairs to keep zombie girl away. After a second's debating, she decides to keep her doctor kit with her, since it would be a very odd party indeed to take away a doctor's tools. Thus prepared, she heads back into Aaron's room to wait for the others.

Cormag never answered if I have to actually ask Marisa for the dress in the IC so I assumed I didn't and saved us a bit of time.

inuko
2013-06-14, 06:48 AM
March walked to the girls room, got her party dress, and changed. She placed the chain sickle in the far back corner of the room away from the door. After a few moment of complicated thinking, she sadly decided to leave the small detatchable knife there and not take the risk of putting all of her new friends, and the doctor girl, in danger. Then she calmly left the room and headed back to the boys room with Boo-Boo.

Cormag81
2013-06-17, 02:13 AM
When you enter the room malakia who looks like he's just arrived from somewhere. Marisa is there sitting across from the boys glaring at them both. "So you're telling me to go back to the ship and wait, while you work with this fool nearly got us busted by the navy?"
Its because are new associate did what he did that I'm asking you to watch the ship it would suck to pull this off tonight just to find the ships been captured by the nazy and we can't get away. Obviously I can't leave it to any of the others they don't even know which ship is ours."
"Fine, just be ready, when this idiot blows the mission, don't come crying to me. I'm going to be sailing away with blue." Marisa storms past the two of you and down the stairs. Aaron suddenly appears beside you.
"Hey Marisa! Forgetting something?" Aaron holds up Marisa's sword belt. Marisa turns around, obviously embaresed, and walks back to grap the belt. You can her malakia stifling a laugh from within the room.