PDA

View Full Version : Creepyist D&D Stories

ShadowFireLance
2012-07-12, 11:53 PM
As the title says, I have read the Funny D&D Stories (Good and funny thread BTW) And wanna see What some of the "Darker" Stories are out there.

Post away!

Reluctance
2012-07-12, 11:59 PM
In-game or out of game? Because I have some real charmers, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that they're active on an internet message board with a strong D&D angle.

ShadowFireLance
2012-07-13, 12:07 AM
Both.
:smallbiggrin:

dsmiles
2012-07-13, 11:34 AM
Define "darker." Most of mine would fit better in the "Funny" thread, but I may be able to identify something that qualifies as "Dark."

ShadowFireLance
2012-07-13, 12:11 PM
Things that creeped your players out?

Like for me, I had one of the players Reflection Hop out of the mirror and age till he crumbled into dust, He never had a refelction again.

Rallicus
2012-07-13, 12:44 PM
One time I was playing in a campaign and there was a blackout.

Spooked my guts off.

Sudain
2012-07-13, 05:33 PM
I tricked good-aligned players into crucifying the local children of a good aligned town, of their own free will(no illusions or enchantments). For the greater good of course.... :smallcool:

In the same campaign I had a dungen become sentient and twisting the bodies of their foes into speaking for the dungen.

Morithias
2012-07-13, 05:39 PM
This hasn't actually happened yet, but in my "Demon King" campaign. I've implied that the demon king's final form can be temporarily stopped via love, in order to get one of the player's to try and build a relationship with the walking time bomb that is the 16 year old girl.

This is mainly so I can infect him with a spell that causes someone to see their greatest fear. Imagine falling in love with a sweet and innocent girl, going inside this dungeon solo, and walking back out, the rest of the party dead, the skies red, the world burning, and your love interest, the pink haired white robed healer, is now with red skin, horns, black hair, unholy robes on, and being bowed down towards by all kinds of fiends. She turns to you and goes "My love...come...join me...join me in destroying the world...turning this place into my creation...my tribute to you.." Her eyes burning red and it clear in her voice if you refuse she's going to kill or mind control you...and keep in mind the heavens are destroyed...for Mr.Paladin death is no longer an escape from the Demon King.

Flame of Anor
2012-07-14, 03:10 PM
I tricked good-aligned players into crucifying the local children of a good aligned town, of their own free will(no illusions or enchantments). For the greater good of course.... :smallcool:

:smalleek:

How did you manage that?

Sudain
2012-07-16, 10:19 AM
:smalleek:

How did you manage that?

Three part demonic posessetion
One part massively failed knowledge check
One part false information(again via demonic posession)
One part lack of common sense
One part questionable morals

Erik Vale
2012-07-18, 09:39 PM
Thats four part but still.... Holy Crap...

Flame of Anor
2012-07-19, 01:39 AM
Thats four part but still.... Holy Crap...

When people use "parts" it's so they don't have to add up with any particular fraction. The "recipe" in question called for seven "parts".

Sudain
2012-07-19, 09:42 AM
This hasn't actually happened yet, but in my "Demon King" campaign. I've implied that the demon king's final form can be temporarily stopped via love, in order to get one of the player's to try and build a relationship with the walking time bomb that is the 16 year old girl.

This is mainly so I can infect him with a spell that causes someone to see their greatest fear. Imagine falling in love with a sweet and innocent girl, going inside this dungeon solo, and walking back out, the rest of the party dead, the skies red, the world burning, and your love interest, the pink haired white robed healer, is now with red skin, horns, black hair, unholy robes on, and being bowed down towards by all kinds of fiends. She turns to you and goes "My love...come...join me...join me in destroying the world...turning this place into my creation...my tribute to you.." Her eyes burning red and it clear in her voice if you refuse she's going to kill or mind control you...and keep in mind the heavens are destroyed...for Mr.Paladin death is no longer an escape from the Demon King.

Beautiful. :)

Parra
2012-07-19, 10:17 AM
The thing that creeped my players out the most was when they were working for the local thieves guild who were trying to get money that was owed to them by the son of a local important lord.

After a variety of failed attempts they eventually followed him to a local brothel.
After a bit of searching they found he was in a secluded garden with a whore.
Thinking they could catch him in a compromising position and without his security (who were 'busy' elsewhere in the brothel).

So they kick in the door and charge in. They were not expecting to see what they saw.

He was in nothing but an adults diaper. Riding a large pig. Ice cream in one hand. Kite in the other. Squealing with glee as he was being chased by a whore in full Dominatrix gear and cracking a whip.

The look of utter shock on their faces was priceless

Driderman
2012-07-19, 11:35 AM
Not D&D:

Played as a Nosferatu in an old World of Darkness campaign, where my Sire had was a large, amorphous *growth" of some kind that had grown to cover most, if not all, of the city's underground infrastructure.
The bad part was that it was horribly freaky, the good part was that if I needed to speak to him I could pretty much just crawl down any manhole in the city and there he was ;)
Of course, my own character wasn't much better as he had turned into some sort of rotting, half-dragon monstrosity after diablerising "The Heart of the Dragon" which was an beating, unliving heart he unearthed from some "Ancient Chinese Puzzlebox of Doom".

Not D&D though, but still creepy :)

Lord Vukodlak
2012-07-22, 04:55 PM
Not sure of this qualifies but the party is exploring this ancient desert ruin deep underground, as they move through the alien architect with strange markings on the wall they soon discover it's an Illithid City. This alone immedately puts them on edge as its *&)*)!# Mind Flayers.

The amnesic psion of the group discovers he can read some of the writing on the walls. One message reads, "From beneath us it devours" Now it took a few minutes for this to sink in before they realized the significance, that something may be lurking in these halls that terrifies the Illithid.

They understandably freaked out.

Kikon9
2012-07-22, 09:08 PM
At one point in a friend of mine's custom adventure, we encountered a well filled with zombies that had repurposed their intestines as grappling hooks, and were using them to climb out of the well.

Kallisti
2012-07-23, 12:29 AM
From D&D specifically, I have only one story--the looks on my players' faces were priceless, though.

I was asked totally impromptu to run a D&D one-shot for some friends of mine, because we were hanging out and mildly bored. So I rifled through my collection of modules, picked one more or less at random, and started improvising based on the plot and setting.

The end result was a shipwreck that stranded the PCs on an island ruled by a Sea Hag, who had used illusion magic to move the lighthouse and make the water extremely treacherous for ships. The PCs didn't know this--they were just exploring the island--but they'd need to fix the situation if anyone was ever to rescue them.

The witch knew they were on the island, though; the module mentioned ghouls but never said where they came from, so I decided the witch had been animating the crews of the fallen ships.

The players soon found themselves trapped in a small cliffside grotto as an army of ghouls bore down upon them. The party barbarian had a sizable attack bonus, a good AC, and great cleave, though--if they were careful and lucky and the healer did her job, they could make it up the cliffs.

The creepy part is not the army of ghouls. The creepy part is what happened when the ghouls caught up. One of the players got hit by a ghoul; I described the ghoul touch as a deep chill, like being submerged in icy water. Having run its claws across his skin, the ghoul looked him in the eyes and, in a very human voice, whispered 'thank you.' The next ghouls in the wave attacked. One landed a hit on the barbarian, tearing off a small chunk of his flesh, which it crammed into his mouth. "Thank you". As heartfelt as I could make it. I'm a mediocre actor, but the effect was disconcerting nonetheless.

They made it up the cliffs, seriously spooked by the idea of "zombies that thank you as they eat you." Then one of them decided to throw his torch down into the mass of ghouls.

One of the ghouls caught it and stuffed it into his mouth. The flame guttered and died, color rushing into the ghoul's cheeks as it devoured the heat. Obviously alive, the former ghoul looked up at them. "Thank you!" Then the mass descended on him, ripping and tearing, feasting on him as quickly as their hands and mouths would allow. "Thank you! Thank you, thank you! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you..." As the entire mass of ghouls began to utter their seemingly utterly heartfelt thanks, the characters turned and departed, the players thoroughly creeped out.

I have no idea why the idea of a heat-leaching ghoul thanking its victim was so eerie to them compared to other creepy things that happen in our--and especially my--games, but I took it and rolled with it, and for one reason or another it worked very well.

Sudain
2012-07-24, 09:41 AM
I'm going to try to use that. That is awesome. Creeps me out.

Inglenook
2012-07-24, 02:41 PM
That story reminds me a little bit of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqPG4S80bo).

I think it's intended to be funny, but … it's way creepier than the actual zombie noises. :smalleek: