PDA

View Full Version : Playing a perverted character

ZeroGear
2012-07-13, 10:36 AM
After reading many stories on this forum, especially those of the "Funny stories" thread, I have been wondering how one could use feats/spells/other actions to pull of a character who is effective in combat, but obviously perverted.

To state flat out, this is WITHOUT resorting to the use of the BOEF, so nothing explicit please. I am more interested in making the character appear perverted while not always being one so he gets and edge on his foes.

This includes simple things such as destroying/removing a female enemies' clothing so she would be too embarrassed to fight, pulling down someone's pants to restrict their movement, little things like that.

What feats/spells/other abilities would be useful in this regard so the character maintains some, if not a rather decent use in actual battle?

This is mainly for 3.5/pathfinder, but other systems are welcome.

Mordokai
2012-07-13, 11:05 AM
Picture relevant :smallbiggrin:

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k526/Mordokai/I72ou.jpg

Deepbluediver
2012-07-13, 11:16 AM
I don't know if you're an anime fan, but I recall one scene in Trigun where Vash (the hero) is facing off against a female oponent. It's been a while since I've watched the anime, but I remember it playing out kind of like this: after the usual anime-esque banter, they both do one of those "dash-past each other too fast to see" moves you get in action scenes. Several small cuts appear on Vash's face/neck, and his opponent goes (I'm paraphrasing a little) "See how fast I am? Just now I could have killed you 3 times!"

Then all of a sudden, the buttons fly off her coat and her rather impressive rack pops out.
Vash responds "And I could have...GROPED YOU 5 TIMES!!!" and laughs his head off.

Depending on kind of character you want, it seems like the Improved Unarmed Strike feat could be useful for some non-damaging pinch/spank/grab attacks. If you have your heart set on a caster you could probably imitate this with liberal use of the Mage Hand spell.

dsmiles
2012-07-13, 11:21 AM
My friend played a hirsute dwarven sorcerer in 3.5 named Rhon Jheremy. He renamed all his spells, and used them to do the kind of things you're talking about. He used Mage Hand to undress women; Tenser's Floating Disk became Rhon's Rhotating Love Bed; Message became Rhon's Sweet Nothings; Color Spray became Boogie Nights; and there were more...(Magic Missile was turned into Rhon's Flying ******* of Death, etc.) It was hilarious.

(Of course, the entire campaign was meant to be comedic. I ended up playing Sho'Nuff the monk, and another character was The Dread Pirate Westely, so you can draw your own conclusions there...)

GeriSch
2012-07-14, 11:22 AM
Maybe you should check out the d20 Sourcebook Encyclopedia Arcane: Nymphology from Mongoose Publishing - if you don't get some humorous "perverted" ideas out of this you probably get some good laughs anyway.

gr,
Geri

WarKitty
2012-07-14, 11:47 AM
Just a warning - I'd check with your group before you do this. I know I probably wouldn't be comfortable playing in a group that contained such a character.

Slipperychicken
2012-07-14, 03:29 PM
This includes simple things such as destroying/removing a female enemies' clothing so she would be too embarrassed to fight, pulling down someone's pants to restrict their movement, little things like that.

If someone you were paid to kill ripped your pants off while you were pointing a gun at his face, what would you do? Would you drop your gun because you're so embarrassed? No. You would blow his ****ing head off.

Seriously, try it. Go up to a trained female soldier with a gun in her hands, and pull her pants down. You may be very surprised.

EDIT: Pathfinder's Dirty Trick maneuver could support this.

ZeroGear
2012-07-14, 10:58 PM
If someone you were paid to kill ripped your pants off while you were pointing a gun at his face, what would you do? Would you drop your gun because you're so embarrassed? No. You would blow his ****ing head off.

You don't watch very much anime, do you?
Besides, if you were a girl, wouldn't the first action, after your shirt and upper undergarments disappeared, be to cover your chest?

Also, I ask this because I figure it is a type of psychologic warfare where you embarrass the opponent so much that they loose their focus and become easier to beat.

On another note (B flat), does anyone know if you can target clothing using the sunder action? Are there special modifiers for targeting someone's belt? What penalties would apply if I tried to steal someone's underwear while they were wearing it? How about just their pants? Is there a teleport spell I could apply only to a target's clothing? Are any of these actions possible under normal rules?

Slipperychicken
2012-07-14, 11:20 PM
Besides, if you were a girl, wouldn't the first action, after your shirt and upper undergarments disappeared, be to cover your chest?

If I'm trained to kill? First reaction is to kill the guy trying to rape me. (Also, for some reason I happen to be assuming that our hypothetical woman-soldier is a acting like a reasonable person and trained killer, not some unbelievable slut starring in a Hentai video)

Priorities/list of actions:

1. Kill rapist

2. Check for other assailants

3. Once I'm safe, put clothes back on

EDIT: B flat (Bb) is a very sweet note. Keep her out of this. :smalltongue:

Conners
2012-07-14, 11:36 PM
A woman untrained in fighting, or who hasn't grasped the situation, would probably react by trying to cover themselves (and the same for men). Someone who is particularly big on honour might also be more concerned about covering themselves than about dying.
Finally, a person in a fight which they aren't taking seriously. Such as, a tournament/sport fight--people aren't going to be so worried about losing as they will about their dignity, an amount of the time. And someone who thinks they are certain to defeat/kill you all in the next few moves might consider their chastity more important than the threat you present.

Other than that, warriors react with violence first. While you pull down their pants, they'll be stabbing the back of your neck.

In DnD terms, you're probably looking at an Attack of Opportunity followed by a Full Attack (possibly with Power Attacks). You might not get your Dex bonus since you're stooped over. After that, if you move out of range, they'll probably have to waste an action to readjust or remove their pants.

Just use that kind of sense, for what the other things would cause to happen.

Morithias
2012-07-14, 11:36 PM
Play a kunicohi. A ninja who uses her sexual appeal to get the enemy to sleep with her then slash his throat when he's without his armor. Contact poison on parts of the body men want to touch, and finally so they can't refuse you, lots of love potions and lust inducers...

Who says a pervert has to be male?

Conners
2012-07-14, 11:38 PM
Yeah, that could be way more effective.

Vitruviansquid
2012-07-14, 11:43 PM
The important thing isn't your genre expectations. It's the DM's genre expectations.

Slipperychicken
2012-07-14, 11:49 PM
A woman untrained in fighting, or who hasn't grasped the situation, would probably react by trying to cover themselves (and the same for men). Someone who is particularly big on honour might also be more concerned about covering themselves than about dying.
Finally, a person in a fight which they aren't taking seriously. Such as, a tournament/sport fight--people aren't going to be so worried about losing as they will about their dignity, an amount of the time. And someone who thinks they are certain to defeat/kill you all in the next few moves might consider their chastity more important than the threat you present.

Same thing. Tournament fights are basically for honor/dignity/respect anyway. And good luck to your DM justifying such untrained/unprioritized women above 2nd level. Even a Wizard gets BAB.

Also, if the guy's ripping your shirt off at risk to his own life, a) he's not letting you put it back on, and b) he's not stopping with your shirt. The "threat he presents" is exposure AND rape AND death. You're solving all three problems at once by just shooting the guy.

Riverdance
2012-07-15, 12:13 AM
The way that I think makes a great perverted character (and this got for horror as well) is to make a perfectly normal character, especially a stereotypical one, and give them one little twist. That slightly off characteristic will make them so much creepier then a complete psycho-rapist pervert.

Hylas
2012-07-15, 02:15 AM
For Pathfinder all you need to do is find creative uses for dirty trick and prestidigitation.

Crazyfailure13
2012-07-15, 02:16 AM
Historys strongest disciple kenichi, character you want= kensei( i believe) go for a monk with style mastery, then focus on grappling and steal manuvers, just steal their clothes, then punch them 30ft. Across the room.

ZeroGear
2012-07-15, 08:43 AM
If I'm trained to kill? First reaction is to kill the guy trying to rape me. (Also, for some reason I happen to be assuming that our hypothetical woman-soldier is a acting like a reasonable person and trained killer, not some unbelievable slut starring in a Hentai video)

Ok, no offense, but you're taking this to far. No one is trying to play a rapist. The idea that he may be a pervert, but he knows where to draw the line. He would be more likely to leave humanoid opponents tied up, but alive. Monsters, on the other hand, not so much.

Also, if the guy's ripping your shirt off at risk to his own life, a) he's not letting you put it back on, and b) he's stopping with not shirt. The "threat he presents" is exposure AND rape AND death. You're solving all three problems at once by just shooting the guy.stopping with your

Wrong! After he takes off your shirt, he only continues after he sees a reaction. If the person he disrobed is still trying to kill him, he would run towards a highly populated area to inflict maximum embarrassment and/or to get away. Besides, these shenanigans would usually only be pulled when the guys sees a chance to disrupt his opponents focus though disrobing. Or when he thinks it is funny in the not-going-to-get-myself-killed kinda way.

If you need a model to look at, Imagine Ma, the Chinese Kung-Fu master from Strongest Disciple Kenishi.

Conners
2012-07-15, 09:10 AM
Well, if you rip someone's shirt and run, that could work sometimes. Of course, it depends on what they're wearing, as to how possible that can be. Plus, if they're aware of you, you're still going to be attacked as you try it (in DnD, you can shrug off most attacks, of course).

ZeroGear
2012-07-15, 09:24 AM
And yet, there is nothing more amusing than seeing a halfling tumble though the legs of his skirt-wearing foe to emerge triumphant holding their undergarments.

Aside from high ranks in tumble/acrobatics and sleight of hand, do you think I would need spring attack for that?

Jay R
2012-07-15, 09:54 AM
Ask your DM. That's not going to happen at my table. (No, that's not a purely unilateral decision. I just asked one of the female players how she would feel if somebody in the party did that sort of thing.)

Slipperychicken
2012-07-15, 11:48 AM
Ok, no offense, but you're taking this to far. No one is trying to play a rapist. The idea that he may be a pervert, but he knows where to draw the line. He would be more likely to leave humanoid opponents tied up, but alive. Monsters, on the other hand, not so much.

I'm sure you can explain the moral subtleties to the woman whose pants you're tearing off in the heat of battle. Or better yet, to the police after they arrest your character.

"Your honor, I had no intention to rape the victim, just rip her clothes off and sexually humiliate her... There's a big difference, you know! It was self defense!"

Mordokai
2012-07-15, 12:08 PM
I think you're over reacting. The guy stated he wants to play a perverted character for a very specific purpose. Never, as far as I have seen, he stated he wants to take it further and have the "victims" (I use quotes here so you won't be able to misinterpret this) raped as well. You just assumed it and now you're beating around a non-existent problem.

Is this a character everyone would enjoy? No, I don't imagine it is. Is it our problem? No, it isn't. As long as his DM and group are ok with this(and until we get a proof to the contrary, we should assume that to be the case), it's non of our problem and you should really stop assuming the worst. Nobody ever mentioned rape before you and I really don't see why the obsession over what seems like a perfectly reasonable character and could quite possibly be much fun if played properly.

ZeroGear
2012-07-15, 12:10 PM
I'm sure you can explain the moral subtleties to the woman whose pants you're tearing off in the heat of battle. Or better yet, to the police after they arrest your character.

"Your honor, I had no intention to rape the victim, just rip her clothes off and sexually humiliate her... There's a big difference, you know! It was self defense!"

Are you just trolling, or do you actually lack a sense of humor?
Look, I'm not making light of rapists. I agree that this kind of stuff should not be done to innocent civilians. But look at it this way:
-Removing armor helps strategically by making people easier to hit.
-Embarrassing you opponent helps throw off their concentration and make them lose focus.
-Watching someone who is supposedly a serious person get embarrassed can be very funny.
-These kinds of actions are not done all the time, and are not meant to emotionally scar anyone.
-These kinds of actions are done in the same train as thought as the whole, "Insult his mother to get him riled up" mentality.

That is all. I mean no offense, but if you re going to keep being like this, just stop posting, you've made your point.

Slipperychicken
2012-07-15, 12:11 PM
I think you're over reacting. The guy stated he wants to play a perverted character for a very specific purpose. Never, as far as I have seen, he stated he wants to take it further and have the "victims" (I use quotes here so you won't be able to misinterpret this) raped as well. You just assumed it and now you're beating around a non-existent problem.

Is this a character everyone would enjoy? No, I don't imagine it is. Is it our problem? No, it isn't. As long as his DM and group are ok with this(and until we get a proof to the contrary, we should assume that to be the case), it's non of our problem and you should really stop assuming the worst. Nobody ever mentioned rape before you and I really don't see why the obsession over what seems like a perfectly reasonable character and could quite possibly be much fun if played properly.

Yeah, you're right, mostly. I'll stop bothering about it for now.

ZeroGear
2012-07-15, 12:15 PM

Look, I'm not making light of rapists. I agree that this kind of stuff should not be done to innocent civilians. But look at it this way:
-Embarrassing you opponent helps throw off their concentration and make them lose focus.
-Watching someone who is supposedly a serious person get embarrassed can be very funny.
-These kinds of actions are not done all the time, and are not meant to emotionally scar anyone.
-These kinds of actions are done in the same train as thought as the whole, "Insult his mother to get him riled up" mentality.

That is all. I mean no offense, but if you re going to keep being like this, just stop posting, you've made your point.

Craft (Cheese)
2012-07-15, 12:21 PM
And yet, there is nothing more amusing than seeing a halfling tumble though the legs of his skirt-wearing foe to emerge triumphant holding their undergarments.

Not all that amusing, really. And any charm it does have only lasts for the first time around.

Take it from me. One of my players has a serious problem with being absolutely unable to resist doing this to any female characters he encounters (humanoid or not). It's to the point where I'm loathe to include any female NPCs at all, and when I do I have to explicitly state that they're fat/old/ugly/all the above to prevent him from wanting to try anything.

Now, this kind of thing *can* work in the correct gaming atmosphere, but the thing about that is everyone has to be in on it and everyone has to work together to be mature about it. (And most importantly, everybody has to be aware of exactly what everyone else's comfort zones are.)

But just tossing a character like this into an otherwise normal campaign? It'll accomplish absolutely nothing but disrupt the game. Do not try to play this kind of character.

Inglenook
2012-07-16, 12:13 AM
Not all that amusing, really. And any charm it does have only lasts for the first time around.

Take it from me. One of my players has a serious problem with being absolutely unable to resist doing this to any female characters he encounters (humanoid or not). It's to the point where I'm loathe to include any female NPCs at all, and when I do I have to explicitly state that they're fat/old/ugly/all the above to prevent him from wanting to try anything.

Now, this kind of thing *can* work in the correct gaming atmosphere, but the thing about that is everyone has to be in on it and everyone has to work together to be mature about it. (And most importantly, everybody has to be aware of exactly what everyone else's comfort zones are.)

But just tossing a character like this into an otherwise normal campaign? It'll accomplish absolutely nothing but disrupt the game. Do not try to play this kind of character.
Pretty much this. Once in a blue moon would be funny … but when your entire character revolves around what in real life would be sexual assault, it would probably come across as sort of obnoxious/repetitive/desperate/creepy.

There's always FATAL. :smallredface:

dps
2012-07-16, 12:39 AM

If you start ripping a female opponent's clothes off, why wouldn't that opponent think you might be intending to rape her?

Edit: My question isn't intended as a moral or ethical objection to your idea, but rather as a practical matter. That is to say, you may get your opponent more riled up than intended--and onlookers who might otherwise stay out of the fight might try to intervene, thinking they're helping prevent a rape.

Maxios
2012-07-16, 12:46 AM
Play a kunicohi. A ninja who uses her sexual appeal to get the enemy to sleep with her then slash his throat when he's without his armor. Contact poison on parts of the body men want to touch, and finally so they can't refuse you, lots of love potions and lust inducers...

Who says a pervert has to be male?

What weird sourcebook is that from?

Anyway some ideas: hit on everything with a pulse (and occasionally things that don't), muse on how mind flayers "wrestle", and anonymously leave a chain mail bikini in the back pack of the female party member with the highest Charisma.

Basically, play funny prime-time sitcom pervert; not weird creepy trench coat wearing pervert.

Morithias
2012-07-16, 01:48 AM

It's not from a sourcebook, it's simply how a female assassin would sometimes work. You're not going to be able to death attack the fighter with a +5 full plate heavy fortified armor, but if you get him drunk, lure him to bed, and offer him sex...well you can't exactly get laid wearing heavy armor, leaving him down 13 ac, and a target for your knife.

Conners
2012-07-16, 01:52 AM
It's based off the pop-culture idea of the Kunoichi. Not sure if DnD has a source book like that.

Ravens_cry
2012-07-16, 01:55 AM
Meh, joke characters rarely end well.
Even the best joke gets stale if told all the time, and this is more than a little tasteless.

ZeroGear
2012-07-16, 10:05 AM

Anyway some ideas: hit on everything with a pulse (and occasionally things that don't), muse on how mind flayers "wrestle", and anonymously leave a chain mail bikini in the back pack of the female party member with the highest Charisma.

Basically, play funny prime-time sitcom pervert; not weird creepy trench coat wearing pervert.

THANK YOU! Finally someone who understands!

Seriously, all I'm asking is for some lighthearted entertainment like that scene from The Mask of Zorro where after dueling with the his mentors daughter, he makes a few motions with his Rapier and her nightgown falls off. These kinds of antics are meant to be funny, yet sparingly. Also, they are not meant to be used in a crowded street.

It's not from a sourcebook, it's simply how a female assassin would sometimes work. You're not going to be able to death attack the fighter with a +5 full plate heavy fortified armor, but if you get him drunk, lure him to bed, and offer him sex...well you can't exactly get laid wearing heavy armor, leaving him down 13 ac, and a target for your knife.

Now you made me think of the story for the funny stories thread about the female ninja who had the poison immunity feat and a vial of black lotus poison in her...you know.

obryn
2012-07-16, 10:25 AM
Ask your DM. That's not going to happen at my table.
Yeah, I'd be pretty uncomfortable with such a character at my own table, too. It's a bit too much of a spotlight into the dark recesses of a player's psyche for my tastes. Power fantasies are one thing, but this? Would creep me out.

Your table might think it's awesome, so go to town. But ... ick, it kind of makes me lose some hope for gamers. :smalleek:

-O

Conners
2012-07-16, 10:30 AM
Just a matter of pulling it off with a great deal of finesse, or a great deal of non-serious comedy at least. Particularly for anime-like stories, where girls spawn hammers and hit a character into the sky out what-have-you, it'd be much easier to pull off. A serious game could still have it--just a question as to why the character's psyche leads them to do such things, without some terrible answer (a straight woman who does this to men and other women might be well-received?).

Synovia
2012-07-16, 10:41 AM

Also, I ask this because I figure it is a type of psychologic warfare where you embarrass the opponent so much that they loose their focus and become easier to beat.

If you were fighting against a female commoner, she'd probably cover her chest. If you're fighting against a female PC class, shes going to take the opportunity to stab you in the head.

The Glyphstone
2012-07-16, 10:42 AM
Great Modthulhu: Closed for review.