PDA

View Full Version : a new threat[IC]

oblivion6
2012-07-13, 07:10 PM
a potential threat has arisen in a distant land, sparking a call for adventurers of the highest caliber to move in and stem the tide, before things go from bad to worse

your respective informants and patrons were a bit vague on the nature of this threat giving you only an airship ticket to the trading city of lyceum and the name of a man named jeebers, a contact who is to take you to meet your employer after you disembark in lyceum. the airship dock is crowded full of adventurers and traveling traders. an elf dressed in fine leather armor stands in front of the loading ramp as the crew prepares to take off. all aboard!! we take off in approximatly five minutes the elf says before turning to talk to a steward

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-13, 08:48 PM
Draconus of Bahamut

Draconus boards the airship, saying nothing as he does so. His armor shines with a gleam that comes from hours of careful polishing. His sword also gleams with a radiance, but that comes from the power of his god. The dragonborn looks around carefully, watching for potential threats.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-13, 10:46 PM
Fluttershy Ironborn, Wee Warrior
The tiny pixie flits up to the gangplank, her rabbit Angel in tow. She settles on the railing, and looks up at the elf. Ummm... excuse me... I'm so terribly sorry to bother you, but I would like to... ummm... make sure that this is the right, ummm, airship, she takes her ticket from her pocket and hands it to the elf; as it leaves the pixie's possession, it grows back to its original size.

oblivion6
2012-07-13, 11:22 PM
the elf seems unperturbed by the sight of a pixie as if he sees such things on a daily basis. he glances at the ticket and says yes. you got the right airship little one. good thing to. we are getting ready to set out

Irish Musician
2012-07-13, 11:41 PM
Pikel Farseer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=418787), Dwarf Shaman
Pikel walks up to the airship, and looks at his companion, Ber, a spirit bear. "OOOoooo", Pikel points up at the airship, as if to point it out to the bear, and stares for a few minutes at it. The bear looks between him and the airship a few times, blows out some air from its nostrils, or what you might think is air if it actually breathed, and then it kind of sits down and starts scratching and grooming itself. Pikel rolls his eyes and laughs at the bear, then, picking up his stuff and directing the bear to follow him, Pikel waves at the elf as he boards, and grabs a place next to the side, and stares out at the forest, albeit longingly. Though he looks happy enough.

Great Dane
2012-07-14, 04:06 AM
Coming up the ramp next is a teenage girl clutching her ticket. Approaching the elf, she says not a word and with her eyes closed, seems to produce a thought in his mind. He hears a sweet voice utter, My name is Celeste. Checking in, but with a touch of coldness behind it.

Making her way onto the airship and crossing the deck, anyone noticing sees a beautiful, slender girl all of sixteen years old, with flowing blonde hair down to her waist. She wears a shimmering purple dress, form-fitting yet not too tight. On her hands are white gloves which appear to have red fingertips, and on her feet are white slippers. Around her neck is a charm that appears mirrorlike on the surface. In her hand is a glass orb, pinkish in color, that seems to hum with energy.

All that aside, the first thing most notice is the terrible mask covering her face. Two tiny eye holes are cut out, but the rest of the mask is ever-changing -- shapes, colors, and patterns weave intricate tapistries over the surface of the mask at all times. One wonders whether this effect's intent is to captivate or enfeeble the viewer.

Think Rorschach's mask from The Watchmen. She will always wear a "Mask" as her Head item unless she undergoes a great amount of character development.

She continues to stiffly cross the airship's deck with eyes closed. Mentally finding a wooden railing on which to lean, she crosses her arms and opens her eyes, which reveal to her a curious-looking armor-clad pixie and what seem to be her compatriots nearby: a powerful dragonkin and a dwarf who seems to have brought his pet ghost-bear with him.

A dwarf. I must find out what he knows, she mentally files. That pixie looks awfully safe. And I can feel the dragon's strength from here.

Looking around a bit more, she realizes the crowd of people grows larger around her. She manages to slow her breathing but anyone nearby swears they hear in their head a twisted combination of languages varying from Common words to foul, dread-inducing phrases. It's enough to give anyone pause.

Those who have any insight will come to find that crowds, especally crowds with lots of men, make her extremely uncomfortable. She's really nervous right now.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-14, 08:37 AM
Draconus

As people enter the ship, Draconus eyes each of them warily. Subconsciously, he flexes his right hand. Many years ago, he had not been so cautious, and an ambush set for the group of guards he rode with had ended with an arrow through that hand. It had healed, of course, but strange situations brought the memory of pain back to the hand. It was all a matter of course, as the life of a paladin, especially one of the dragon god, was a rough one. He mentally recalled the wounds he had received in the line of duty, and the worst ones could fill many tomes. There were precious few bones in his body he hadn't broken.

As he thought, he felt a headache coming on, followed by a string of strange phrases. A few he recognized in the common tongue. Looking around for the source of the mental disturbance, Draconus notices a masked teenage girl, shaking as a crowd of people fills the deck. Without thinking for a moment, the dragonborn pushes through the crowd to the young girl. As he approaches the mental disturbance gets harsher, confirming he is nearing its source.

Draconus removes his helmet. The thick steel was shaped to resemble a dragon's head, and the dragonborn's own features below are only slightly less intimidating. Two metallic horns slope downward towards the mouthguard, showing that it was modelled after a black dragon's skull.

"Are you alright, m'lady?" He asks Celeste, using his imposing figure to block some of the crowd from gathering around her. Few would question the dragonborn, armor and weapon shining with the care of a skilled warrior's hand. Those that recognized the holy symbol of Bahamut hanging around his neck, resting against the breastplate over his heart, would have another reason to fear him. Not only a skilled warrior, but a holy warrior as well.

FatherVenom
2012-07-14, 10:39 AM
Karash

A half-orc clad in dark leathers & a helm with 7 green stones surrounding the opening for his face moves gracefully into the dock area & sniffs the air. He heads toward a dark alley between two warehouses making a gesture with his hands that look slightly strange, as though they were designed for smaller hands. He approaches a cloaked figure there gesturing back at him.

Don't look so surprised rookie. Our national export is spies. I wouldn't have lasted this long, or even entered into contract with you lot in the first place, if I couldn't pick out "employees" watching me. Fresh from the academy, eh? Pfah, your sneaking teacher should have whipped you harder, pup. Cloaked figure in a dark alley in the middle of the day? You might as well be in motley. You'll have the city guard on you for a cutpurse and that's if you're lucky. Well, hand over the dossiers on my new traveling companions. Maybe these ones will last longer.

The half-orc flips through the papers he is handed from within the cloak.

Damned unprofessional this. My contract doesn't have a provision for hiring me out. If work hadn't been so slow lately I'd likely have refused. OK well, maybe not. This paladin could be a problem. Lot of em don't take to me. Well better me than you, right? A little girl? And a pixie? Normally don't see them with this temperment. Did you do this work yourself? Damned sloppy. I would have thought a mission of this priority would have received more attention from the spymasters. Don't give me that look. You lot have your sticky fingers in a lot of pies and what's more, everybody knows it. Well they seem competent enough. Where's the last one?

Karash judges the position of the sun and starts picking at the non-existant dirt under his fingernails.

I'll give him two minutes before giving it up as a bad job.

Handing back over the documents, the half-orc moves out of the alley and leans against a building with a clear view of the airship & the approaches to this area of the docks.

Irish Musician
2012-07-14, 11:06 AM
Pikel Farseer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=418787), Dwarf Shaman
Pikel starts to notice more and more people getting on the airship. A few stand out from the crowd. The big dragonborn Pikel sees is a paladin, and if he isn't wrong, one of Bahamut. He sees a tiny little line of dust floating around, which is connected to, what he can tell, is a very shy and quiet pixie. Something tells Pikel there is more than meets the eye with that tiny one. He sees a girl come on board, immediately something int he spirit world catches his eye about her. There are bird spirits flying around her head, which of course she cannot see or feel, but they seem to be very upset about something. This intrigues Pikel, so he gets a little closer on the boat to her. As he does, his head starts filling with all sorts of weird words, some in common, and realizes that she is shaking, even if just a little. So he has an idea.

Pikel whispers to his bear and the bear looks at him and nods. Pikel hides over to the side as the bear approaches the woman. The bear walks right up to the woman and starts to sniff her. As it does it gets this angry look on his face and starts to growl, it stand up on its hind legs and start to growl very loudly, even letting out a big roar. Just as the Paladin might be worried, he hears, DA DA DA DAAAAA!!!, and Pikel come charging from the side, tackles the bear, and wrestles it to the ground in a display of obvious fake fighting and hilarity, and comes out on top with a great, "Humph!", and is now standing on the bear in front of the girl, smiling one of the biggest smiles that she, or anyone, has ever seen on a dwarf.

Great Dane
2012-07-14, 11:49 AM
As a large rock breaks the ocean surf, so did the paladin bar from Celeste's vision the crowd which made her so nervous. Here was a holy one -- he would not threaten me as that foul beast once did. Instantly the ever-growing murmuring anyone nearby could hear dissipated to a series of slight whispers, barely audible over the whipping breeze. Celeste's mask also underwent a visible change -- what looked like twisting, furious clouds have been replaced by gentle blue waves rolling from left to right.

Thank you, friend. I don't do so well with crowds as I'm sure you could tell. Though the dragonborn cannot see her smile, he does see her beautiful blue eyes soften at the thought of this scary-looking one bringing comfort and her tone of voice is relaxed. What brings you here?

Just as the question is asked, the bear she had scoped out earlier reared up on its hind legs. The dragonkin had blocked her view! Where is the dwarf? What are these two plotting!? She gripped her orb tightly and a fury raged up within her as her mask spiraled with red whisps, when all of a sudden the dwarf tackled it to the ground emerging victorious. The spectacle was so unexpected and seemingly-scripted that her mind went silent and her mask's movement stood still. Celeste nearly dropped her orb.

Nodding to the dragonborn, Celeste gracefully moves past him as the breeze catches her hair. Approaching the dwarf, her eyes smile and she lets out a little chuckle. Thank you, Mighty Bear-Slayer. I don't know what I would have done without you! as she curtsies.

Irish Musician
2012-07-14, 12:02 PM
Pikel once again announces, "DA DA DA DAAAA!!!", and puffs out his chest, putting his hands on his hips, in an obvious hero's pose, blown out of proportion. He then stares at her mask for a second, slides off the bear, and seems to be mesmerized by her mask. "OOooooo", is all that comes out. After a few moments, he rights himself, and points to his chest, "Sham-sha", then points to his bear, who has gotten up and sat down, "Ber". Being this close to the dwarf, Celeste notices the oddness of his appearance even more. From far away, he looks like a normal dwarf, with read hair, average height, average build. Then you get up close to him. She notices one eye of his is a bright green, and the other is a very, very dark brown. She also notices that every inch of skin she can see has a scar on it, somewhere. Some are great, but most of them are smaller. Pikel then takes out a scroll, on it is the mandate given to him by the dwarven king, which he accepted, and on it he points to a name, Pikel Farseer, then points to himself again.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-14, 12:13 PM
Thank... thank you... says the pixie, taking her tickey back and shrinking it down to fit in her pocket again. She and her rabbit make their way onto the boat, and as the dwarf and his ghost bear arrive, Angel growls at the bear. Now now, Angel, don't provoke him. Even a bunny as brave and strong as you cannot fight a ghost, whispers the pixie to her familiar. Then the nauseating wave of mental communication hits her, emanating from the teenage girl. The pixie's fractured mind almost lashes out at the girl, but Fluttershy restrains herself. N-no... she's... she's not attacking Us. Must... control... she mutters, closing her eyes in concentration. She doesn't need to hold back long, however, as the paladin's reassurances calm the girl and the psychic wave dissipates. The pixie breathes a sigh of relief, and flits over to the other three gathered adventurers.

He-hello... I'm called... Fluttershy she timidly whispers.

She didn't notice Pikel's antics because her eyes were closed in concentration.

The crunch behind this post is that anyone who targets Fluttershy's Will defense takes 5 psychic damage. Since Celeste was not "attacking", I added that Fluttershy could contain it, but any actual "attack" will result in the backlash.

Great Dane
2012-07-14, 01:24 PM
It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Pikel, says Celeste warmly. She clearly did not feel threatened by the presence of either of these two. It appears we are here for the same reason. And if I had to guess, our Dragon-Friend is coming along for the ride as well. I wonder what the purpose of our summoning is... as she trails off.

Looking away, deep in thought for a moment, the pixie she spotted earlier approaches. Pleasantly surprised to find another "female" in the group, if that's what you could call someone the size of Celeste's forearm. Come, Fluttershy, join us! Rest those weary wings of yours, she says with a smile as she pats her shoulder, indicating the fairy could rest there. She then says within earshot of the dwarf, My name is Celeste. Aren't you a charming little creature, as she extends one finger with the intention of a "handshake" toward the pixie.

Bending over and picking up the rabbit companion, Celeste playfully inquires, And who might you be? Holding the bunny next to Ber, she jokes, You seem just as ferocious as this one!

Part of me is having a hard time roleplaying just how charming Celeste would be after being jailed for so many years. What I'm coming up with for now is that her mental domination of the giants who kept her in captivity helped gain her the self-confidence she now exudes when around those she trusts.

Irish Musician
2012-07-14, 01:45 PM
Pikel sees the pixie fly over and watches her hover, "Hehehe" comes out of the dwarf and he, too, holds out a finger to shake her hand, following Celeste's example. When Celeste holds the bunny down to the bear, the bear raises his head & sniffs the rabbit, and licks it right in the face, then places his head back down. This tickles Pikel and the dwarven lets out a great laugh, patting the bunny on the head. The bear turns his side to the group, and Pikel sits down, leaning against the side of the bear and crosses his fingers over his stomach, listening to whatever conversation follows.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-14, 02:47 PM
Draconus
Draconus stands emotionless as the antics play out in front of him. Clowning around of this nature would eventually get somebody killed, and he didn't want it to be him. Not this time. Slinging his helmet from a hook on his belt, he sighed heavily.

"I am Draconus, dragonborn servant to the DragonLord Bahamut. I go where my God commands, and the augeries send me here. If you do not mind me asking, Mistress Celeste, how fine is your mental control? Most psychics I have travelled with only projected when their reserves were too depleted for them to retain a hold over their powers....or at times of immense stress.". Draconus removes his gauntlets and flexes his right hand, where a scar appears on the front and back of the palm from an old wound. The Dragonborn shows many scars along his face and any other exposed bits of skin, including one under his eye that must have nearly blinded him.

Irish Musician
2012-07-14, 03:03 PM
Pikel watches the dragonborn take off his gauntlets, seeing all his scars not only on his face, but also on his arms. Pikel jumps up and walks right up to the paladin. "OOOoooo" he says as he starts comparing scars with the Dragonborn. Pointing out ones of particular significance from his war against the orcs, even acting out a few scenes on how he got a few of the scars. When he is done, he seems to mime a question to the dragonborn, "Hmmmmm?'. As best as Draconus can tell, Pikel is asking how he got his scars.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-14, 03:20 PM
Somewhat confused for a moment when the girl extends a single finger, Fluttershy clues in to her intention quickly and takes the finger in both hands, moving it up and down; the girl is surprised with the strength behind that grip, despite the fey's small stature. As the girl picks up Fluttershy's familiar, she speaks up. Careful, m-miss Celeste! Angel is quite vicious... mumbles the pixie, but it is evident that the rabbit has no intention of harming the girl. She shakes Pikel's finger, clueing in much more quickly the second time. Having done that, the pixie flits over and plops down on Celeste's shoulder.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-14, 05:35 PM
Draconus

The Dragonborn shakes his head at the shaman. "this is not the place for war stories. I have more scars than scales these days, all earned in service to the Dragon Lord. Perhaps we will have time for them later."

Draconus puts his gauntlets back on, flexing his hands in the flexible steel.

Durksmurf
2012-07-14, 06:53 PM
Aurorar

Running to the ship, waving a ticket in his hand, Aurorar rushes to the airship. Upon reaching the ship he asks the stewardessAm I to late to board? I could never find the ship?. The stewardess looks him up and down. She could tell he wasn't from the city, or any neighboring cities, by his odd dress. Before she could reply though, she stepped back in fear, noticing an Owlbear at his side. Seeing, her shock, Aurorar says Don't worry abut Feathers, he won't hurt you. He then boarded the ship.

FatherVenom
2012-07-14, 07:25 PM
Karash

Quite the menagerie. Well at least they're in high spirits.

Karash strides past the elf flashing the ticket as he passes stirring a breeze in his wake. Up on the ship he makes no attempt to hide the fact that he's gauging sight lines for potential aerial incursion before heading below decks for further inspection.

Durksmurf
2012-07-14, 07:31 PM
Aurorar

Upon entering the ship, Feathers immeaditly runs off growling. Feathers, No!Aurorar says. Following his Owlbear, he sees it staring down an spirit bear. Don't hurt the bear Feathers, he is one with the natural world.. Feathers stops growling, but gives the bear an evil eye. Following the bears lead, Aurorar almost trips over a small, odd dwarf. I'm sorry, name?

Irish Musician
2012-07-14, 11:17 PM
Ber, sensing the oncoming "threat" of the owlbear, looks up at it. When Ber finally raises his head and looks around, the owlbear is up in his face growling. To Ber's credit, he doesn't even flinch. He just looks at the Owlbear and puts his head back down, not threatened in the least. Pikel feels a giant foot trip over him and hears the question concerning who he is. Looking waaaaay up, he sees a goliath, dressed a bit oddly, but very much understanding that this Goliath is of the primal wilds, and is somewhat a brother of the spirit world. Pikel jumps up once again, after sitting back down after talking to the paladin, and puts out his hand for the big man. After shaking his hand, Pikel points to himself and says, "Pikel, Sham-sha", then pointing at his bear, simply says, "Ber." Smiling all the while.

Great Dane
2012-07-14, 11:55 PM
Addressing the dragonkin's query, Celeste thinks for a moment, just as he compares battle scars with the funny dwarf. After the scene plays out, she says, I'm sorry if I startled you earlier with my display; that was not my intention. For you see, we all have colorful pasts, and I relive mine on a nightly basis, her voice dropping noticably with concern, or perhaps, shame. For now, I'll share with you that I'm still healing, mentally. Suffice it to say that while I cannot read thoughts, per se, I am able to perform telepathy on a limited basis. My gear augments this ability considerably, as she takes hold of her necklace. I am glad to have made some friends. Hopefully our journey will continue.

Celeste looked over the bow of the craft just in time to see what looked like an orclike humanoid quickly board, survey the area and begin to head below deck. Just before he disappears, she closes her eyes and projects a mental message to him: You're in a hurry. Why the rush?

My necklace allows for any creature I can see to engage in telepathy with me. Feel free to engage Celeste, or continue your way below deck. :smallwink:

FatherVenom
2012-07-15, 01:53 AM
Karash

Stay out of my head girl. You won't like what you find there. That's not a threat.

Karash might say more but is out of visual range at that point. He starts muttering under his breath as he feels the ability to communicate end.

Still, interesting sensation. Might lend some tactical advantage depending on her control and any limitations. Hmm.

I'd like to take 20 to search the ship. If we don't have the time I'll roll for it if necessary. In that search I'm inspecting the ship, crew, & other passengers.

Durksmurf
2012-07-15, 07:47 AM
Aurorar

Well little Sham-Sha, you seem to be in touch with the natural world even more than me. Pointing towards his Owlbear Aurorar says, This is Feathers, my companion. He is very brave and strong. Squatting down he pats the Dwarven Shamans head.

Looking around at the croud he notices a Half-Orc with two wicked looking blades. Aurorar wants to stay away from him. He then notices a little bunny rabbit and Pixie standing/flying near each other. He goes over and pets the rabbit then says, Hello little one. Your name is?

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-15, 08:28 AM
Draconus

Draconus stares blankly at the second spirit companion to enter the circle. Surely the travelling fair dropped these two off. A dwarf who can't speak with a spirit bear and another fool with a pet owlbear. Combine that with a masked and mentally damaged psyker, and a pixie with a pet rabbit. Odd to feel like the most normal one here. Turning his attention back to Celeste, he mentions:

"I've travelled with Psykers before. There's an army out west that has entire units of men trained to use mental power in combat. Its quite a feat to see what a little talent and mental discipline can do on the battlefield...terrifying too to find yourself fighting against that sort of power." He subconsciously touches the armor over his ribs, as if remembering another old injury. "The Shi'Ri'To, that was what the leader of these Psykers called himself, taught me a technique they all learn when they are beginning, they call it the Way of the Five Elements. Saddly, I have no psychic potential, but it is calming, and useful in battle. Perhaps it could help you in your goal of controlling your power, or perhaps aid in healing the unseen wound."

Draconus takes in the girl's mask and the way she reacted to the crowd, and a realization hits him quite hard. This girl is as scarred on her mind and soul as I am on my body. To live through whatever did that, at that age...it makes me want to weep. The dragonborn's face remains stoic as ever.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-15, 11:36 AM
The pixie's eyes widen at the sheer size of the goliath. F-fluttershy... she stutters, forcing a smile. His name is Angel, adds the pixie, pointing to her rabbit. She then looks at the owlbear. Oh, aren't you a cute little one! she exclaims; she zooms off of Celeste's shoulder and flits around the owlbear. Yes, very brave indeed, I can tell. You're a good little owlbear, aren't you? She pats him on the head; the animal seems to understand her perfectly, as if she were speaking in the clacks and grunts that his kind use to communicate. Angel, don't be so rude! Come and meet your new friend! she says, beckoning the rabbit. She seems much more comfortable talking to the owlbear than she does speaking with humanoids.

Durksmurf
2012-07-15, 02:16 PM
Aurorar

That is feathers, Fluttershy. He is my loyal companion. My name is Aurorar, guardian of the wild. Aurorar see the pixie has something else that she's hiding behind herself, another personality. Looking around he notices that their are few passengers on the ship, and most of them seem to be workers. He also sees a Dragonkin Paladin, of Bahamut from the dragonic markings on his gear. Turning back to the pixie he says, Little one, do you know why we have been gathered. I do not want to leave my garden unattended for long.?

oblivion6
2012-07-15, 02:39 PM
as you talk, introducing yourselves you feel a rumbling beneath your feet as the airship finally lifts off into the air for the long flight to lyceum

karash
it appears the crew is very capable of doing their jobs, moving around between tasks very efficiantly. the elven captain appears to be roving the various compartmets helping the crew with whatevertheyre doing at the time

within the passenger compartments it appears many of them are adventuring types. a bugbear with a bandolier of knives slung around himself, a dwarven priest, and many others besides the group huddled around the mind leech who was in your head

FatherVenom
2012-07-16, 02:48 AM
Karash

Karash makes his way back up onto the deck and approaches the rest of the party.

I am called Karash and I have been contracted to travel with you. Be on your guards. Many of the other passengers are capable of causing us some discomfort and we're stuck with them for a time. Stay in groups, at least until I have some time to learn their intentions. Get to know some if you think it'll help.

Karash turns slightly back towards the portal leading below decks but hesitates slightly in case any of the party wish to address him before he gets back to work. His eyes clearly roam both the deck and the skies searching for potential threats.

Irish Musician
2012-07-16, 10:10 AM
Pikel got up and looked the Half-Orc straight in the eye, staring him down, hands tightening around his spear. As if to help his friend out, Ber got up, stood behind Pikel, and got up on his haunches, staring down the half-orc a well. All of you have seen the happy-go-lucky Pikel so far, but what you now see in front of you is an angry, emotional Pikel. Pikel himself seems to start growling, as well as Ber. They both seem on the verge to out-right attack this new-comer and everyone gets very nervous. Very tense moments go by, then the dwarf spits at the feet of the Half-Orc, utters a very bad dwarven curse, and walks away from him, Ber waiting until Pikel passes him to follow, and Pikel goes and stands by the railing of the airship, still gripping his spear.

Great Dane
2012-07-16, 12:32 PM
Draconus, your words and experience soothe me. Let's hope we both soon find ways to mend our pain.

Hearing Karash's words puts Celeste on Edge. Good advice. I'll keep a lookout. Wouldn't want anyone sneaking up on us.

Perception to see anything unusual going on up on the deck: [roll0]
Insight to see if anyone seems to have a facade up or have malicious intent hidden: [roll1]

Seeing the scene play out between Pikel and Karash, Celeste mutters, Appears there's more to Pikel than meets the eye.

FatherVenom
2012-07-16, 02:30 PM
Karash

If the half-orc is bothered by Pikel's treatment, or even aware of it since the dwarf is significantly shorter, he makes no outward sign.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-16, 05:10 PM
Fluttershy
Distracted by the big friendly owlbear, Fluttershy doesn't notice Karash until he speaks. Capable of inconveniencing us? It, umm, seems awfully, uh, paranoid to, ah, mistrust people based just on their... ummm... competence? she stutters, somewhat uncomfortable around the half-orc. I'm s-sure they're on this boat for reasons j-just as legitimate as, uh, ours.

oblivion6
2012-07-16, 08:31 PM
celeste
nothing appears to be happening on deck, although it appears the few crew members up there seem to be expecting something to happen

you also see an old man down below deck with a crazed look in his eyes who appears to not have malicious intentions, but is clearly not tight in the head

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-16, 08:50 PM
Draconus of Bahamut
Draconus looks around the deck, fully knowing that a large group of people made a bad battleground, and an ideal place for an ambush. Still, the vows he had taken so long ago made his course of actions clear. Then a nearly unscarred and idealistic Draconus had knelt before the High Priest of the Lord Dragon, and been bound by ancient magic, sealed by the blood of a true dragon.

I will keep the truth in my heart and in my words. No lies shall pass my tongue.

I will protect the weak and all who ask it of me with need in their hearts.

I will enact violence only if my charge or myself are endangered. I will draw my blade only in duty, never in anger.

It seemed like such a long time ago, but those oaths still held him bound.

"My lady Celeste, this is an odd question, but I do not find you weak, and my oaths are very specific. Do you wish me to protect you, whatever might come? "

General checks to get a sense of the crowd near the party.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Irish Musician
2012-07-16, 09:10 PM
Pikel stands at the side of the airship, looking over the land as it crosses. He starts breathing and calming himself down, trying to get his mind and body back to peace. He knows he shouldn't hate living things based on their outward appearance, esp since he was treated poorly growing up based on his oddness as a dwarf, but when it came to Orcs, and half-orcs, it was hard to look past appearances.

As he calmed himself down, he looked out, into the air and onto the land, and just watched as the airship moved along.

Perception check to look around himself. [roll0]

FatherVenom
2012-07-16, 09:25 PM
Karash

Standard procedure small one. We're stuck with these folk on this long journey. If it makes you feel better, think of it as determining from whom we can expect assistance in case we run into harpies or wyverns or the like. Although such concerns are secondary to our immediate security.

One more thing, not to imply anything, Draconus, but there's a dwarven cleric below decks. I'll scout him in any case but perhaps it might make him more comfortable to speak with someone of the same stripe.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-16, 09:27 PM
Draconus of Bahamut

"Unless its a dwarf cleric of Bahamut, I do not think we are of the same stripe...send the shaman."

FatherVenom
2012-07-16, 09:58 PM
Karash

I did not say you were of his stripe. He will likely consider you such. Regardless, you are more versed in the ways of religious orders than I. Also as you've seen, the dwarf is both non-verbal and erratic.

With that Karash finishes his turn and stalks off back below decks to find the bugbear.

Irish Musician
2012-07-16, 10:47 PM
As Pikel is looking around outside of the airship, he overhears the filthy..... er, stupid.......er, sigh......he hears the orc talk about another dwarf on board, and a priest at that! Immediately he turns around and goes below deck to find the dwarven priest that the.....Orc talked about.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-17, 05:03 PM
Fluttershy
Y-yet you trust all of us? Are we, umm, supposed to know who you are? she replies to Karash's explanation.

FatherVenom
2012-07-17, 05:21 PM
Karash

The half-orc calls back over his shoulder to the pixie as he heads below deck.

I guess we'll see.

Durksmurf
2012-07-17, 05:42 PM
Aurorar

Turning to Karash, the guardian giant says, A orc thats doesn't hurt. That's odd. You seem more human than a normal orc.

I make an insight check to figure out if he is friendly or mean. Insight: [roll0]

FatherVenom
2012-07-17, 06:29 PM
Karash

Your check is unopposed but doesn't net a solid result. There isn't a answer in this situation. Maybe more satisfying: The half-orc is acting nice.

oblivion6
2012-07-17, 09:53 PM
pikel
you do in fact see a dwarven priest...of pelor down blow "well met earthborn!" he calls to you as you come below decks "arent you a strange one" he says after looking you up and down, sizing you up

to all who got 25 or higher on their earier perception checks
on top of a crazed old man muttering to himself about some dark prophecy on the passenger deck, you begin to see a long dark form take shape on the horizon...almost like another airship, even larger than the one your on

Irish Musician
2012-07-18, 08:42 AM
OOC:
RP wise, I am going to say Pikel sees the shadow, but then hears about the other dwarf and goes and finds him, kind of forgetting about the ship. Though on his way out, he points it out to the Paladin.

Pikel sees the dwarven priest, of Pelor, and walks up to him and shakes his hand, followed by Ber. Pikel points to himself "Pikel", then points to his bear, "Ber", then points to himself again, "Sham-sha." He then takes out his credentials given to him by the king and shows them to the priest. The papers explain where he is from, clan Hammerstone, but that is about it. He then mimes to the priest, asking who he is and where he is from.

Great Dane
2012-07-18, 09:09 AM
Upon hearing Draconus's offer, she considers...

I've never had anyone offer to protect me as long as I can remember. Am I weak to say yes? Or is this just what I need? Can I even trust him? What if things turn out like back then...?

All at once memories of that night rushed into her head. Her own cries, his horrible voice, the smells, the anger, the cackling, the sweat. At once, the colors on her mask swirl to form a hazy, laughing face, or what Celeste remembers of it, from ten years ago.

Touching a hand to her forehead, she continues to wrestle with the thought in her mind. I have to trust SOMEONE...this world is huge and I've seen just a small part of it. I have to find him, but I'm not strong enough to face him yet. This dragon, he seems kind and genuine...but he must know what he's getting himself into.

Clearing her throat, she looks at Draconus and says, I will accept your kind offer of being your charge. But you must know exactly what torments my mind. I've never tried projecting images before, just words.

Amping this up with my encounter power, Send Thoughts, for fun.

At once, Draconus's mind is filled with the replay that occurred just moments before. Celeste's eyes well with tears as the memories come back.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-18, 01:30 PM
Draconus of Bahamut
Draconus is visibly shaken by the images that assault his mind. A rare tear forms in the corner of the reptilian eye of the paladin, and a single wet drop hits the deck. "I cannot say I will ever understand what you went through, but such injustice angers me."

Draconus touches the Holy Symbol around his neck and a nimbus of light emerges from it. The form of a dragon made of light emerges and floats in a circle around Celeste. It roars and flies into Draconus's chest, disappearing into the Dragonborn. Draconus draws his sword and kneels before Celeste, now able to almost feel her through the Bond.

"So long as I live, my sword will protect you, my armor shield you, until you or death releases me"

FatherVenom
2012-07-18, 01:32 PM
Karash
If you subscribe you'll notice I've attempted this post a few time. Sorry to flood your inbox. Still figuring out the rolling system.
Didn't roll active perception check when I was on deck. I did mention that I was checking the sight lines. I'll "punish" myself by having it only affect posts from here forward. (Not a huge deal. I only fail on a 1)
[roll0]

Karash approaches the situation with the bugbear with his usual thoroughness.

Gonna roll 2 checks: active perception & insight. Perception is for the physical disposition of the bugbear: what he's doing, who's he with, how he's interacting with the other passengers. The insight is for how best to approach him to get him up on deck and/or fighting on our side if trouble does appear (obviously predicated on a successful perception check in the above spoiler).
[roll1]
[roll2]

oblivion6
2012-07-18, 03:02 PM
karash
the bugbear is very large and very mean looking, also heavily armed. he doesnt seem to be bothering the other passengers at all, just standing there minding his own business. he also appears to be one of the most capable bugbears you have ever seen, a far cry from the typical barbaric bugbears your used to

pikel
the dwarf explains that he is a priest of the stonewall dwarf clan by the name of cordio muffinhead(hmm, wonder where this name came from:smallamused:) he then goes on to explain that he is on his way to meet with his merchant brother in lyceum

Great Dane
2012-07-18, 03:07 PM
Celeste touches the dragonborn on the shoulder and says, Stand, you silly. We now fight together.

Looking off in the distance, Celeste notices the object looming and draws everyone's attention to it.

Skill checks:
History: Are pirates common in this world? [roll0]
Perception: As the object draws nearer, am I able to discern weapons installed onboard or does it appear to be a simple merchant or travel ship like ours? [roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-18, 03:18 PM
Draconus of Bahamut

Draconus stands, but does not sheath his sword. Light glows off the magical blade, which he leaves pointed towards the deck. He stands almost imperceptibly closer to Celeste, a foreboding foe to anyone who would dream of harming her.

The dragonborn squints his eyes at the form casting the large shadow. "If I was meant to fight in the air, I would have been born with wings." He replaces his helmet on his head, taking on the fearsome crest of a black dragon. He deliberately sets his stance wider, and calms his mind. He could still feel Celeste's position relative his, thanks to the bond they now shared, but all other feeling he cast away.

He was stone. He was a nimbus of blinding light. He was the vengeful claw of Bahamut, and he was ready for battle.

FatherVenom
2012-07-18, 04:35 PM
Karash

Karash moves calmly into a position he deems a respectful distance from the bugbear.
Greetings fellow traveler. I would speak with you. Will you walk with me?
[roll0]

Durksmurf
2012-07-18, 06:11 PM
Aurorar

Alone with the pixie, Aurorar wonders what to do. He thinks back to his hut in the forest, and his little garden. Life was simple then. The big city was different in more ways than he could count. He decides to search the ship for any friendly creatures.
Perception
Insight [roll1]

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-18, 07:10 PM
Fluttershy
The pixie has since begun lounging on Feathers' shoulder. Angel seems dissatisfied with this arrangement, but doesn't seem to want to do anything about it either.So, uh, what brings you away from the forests, friend? she asks Aurorar. Or was she talking to the owlbear? Probably the latter, actually.

Playing up Fluttershy's Speak with Beasts ability. She can converse fluently with Feathers, and the question here is actually addressed to him.

Irish Musician
2012-07-18, 07:52 PM
Pikel has a very nice conversation with the dwarf, well conversation of sorts. He gets done with Cordio, says his goodbyes, and heads back up to the top of the ship. Once he walks back to the others, he notices more the signs that he brushed off before. The old crazy man talking in the corner, the shadow of the, what he can only assume is, other airship. He starts putting two and two together and he knows exactly what that gets him, "Uh Oh", it gets him trouble. He walks over to the others and gets all of their attentions, and in a very worried voice says, "Oooo, Ooooo, Boom Boom!"

Ok, couple of different checks:
A Perception check, if I can use another, to see anything distinguishing marks or specifics on the airship, [roll0]
Insight check on the old man, to see if he is just rambling, or if he seems to want ill intent to the ship and the people, [roll1]

Durksmurf
2012-07-18, 07:54 PM
Feathers

Aurorar save me. Love Aurorar. Protect Aurorar. Aurorar protect me. Aurorar love me. I follow Aurorar. Aurorar is good. Aurorar go to metal land. I follow. We on metal. I stay. I protect. I love.

oblivion6
2012-07-20, 10:19 PM
celeste
pirates are not normally very common in this region, but lately piracy has been on the rise

while the airship doesnt appear to be very heavilly armed, it is certainly not like a normal merchant vessel

pikel
the vessel doesnt seem to have very much in the way of weaponry but its clearly not a simple merchant vessel judging from its shape

the old man doesnt appear to wish anyone harm, but as he sees the airship his mutterings grow even more rapid as if he knows something you dont

to karash
"why should i walk with you? i dont trust you"

the passengers of the ship appear to have noticed the other vessel by now, and you hear multiple rumours flying around about what the ship could be. the crew appears to be trying to stay calm but they also appear worried

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-21, 12:40 AM
Feathers
Oh, so he's a good guy, eh? That's nice to know, she says, patting the owlbear on the head. I have also journeyed to the metal-lands for the love of others, Feathers. My people... are a strange lot, but they are family, y'know? I love em' just the same... Have you got any family except Aurorar, Feathers? adds the pixie. Then she realizes the quiet wave of panic roiling across the deck. Hmmph, this doesn't look shiny at all! I hope they're not pirates on that ship... then we'd have to, uh, fight... she muses to no one in particular.

Hopefully they are pirates. My pickaxe has not tasted blood in far too long... I miss the glory of battle, her broken psyche whispers to her. We shall rend the flesh from their...

No no no no no no NO! shouts the pixie, holding her hands over her ears.

FatherVenom
2012-07-21, 01:03 AM
Karash

We're on an airship full of witnesses, friend. Where could I take you that would get you in trouble? What could I do to you that wouldn't land me in prison when we land? Come; at least join me for a drink in the galley.

[roll0]

Durksmurf
2012-07-21, 11:13 AM
Aurorar

I'm afraid the rest of my companions family are in the service of Gnoll hunters. Some day I wish to free them. After seeing Fluttershy scream, Aurorar says, with a puzzled look on his face, What is wrong Fluttershy?

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-21, 10:20 PM
Draconus

Draconus glances towards the pixie, who seems to be having a mental breakdown, and adds her to the list of abnormal members of the group. Strange that I should be the more normal one out of this lot.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-22, 01:05 AM
Fluttershy
Nothing.... nothing! I'll be... fine... she mutters, waving away the goliath. Uhh, passing migraine... a-anyone have any idea what that ship is? she asks, trying to change the subject.

Grist for the mill is what that ship is.
Shut UP! I'm in control here...
If that helps you sleep at night, dearie...

Great Dane
2012-07-22, 10:36 PM
With passengers' and crewmembers' attentions alike focused on the incoming airship, a thought hits Celeste.

What if this is a diversion?

Perception check behind our commercial craft as well as underneath, as much as we can see over the edge of the deck. [roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-23, 09:35 PM
Pikel, after noticing the pixie's odd behavior, walks up to her and notices something is very wrong. Pikel isn't a dumb dwarf.....he is quick, with a some smarts on the side.....but one thing he can read, is people. Not as good as he can read his surroundings, but still pretty good. He starts, what you can only describe, as cooing to her, trying to comfort her and calm her down, beckoning to her to come down. He looks at her and simply says, "Calm," patting his bear's back, suggesting she can relax on his "Ber".

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-23, 11:33 PM
Fluttershy
As well intentioned as he may be, Pikel cannot reach the pixie, who is rather high above his head. As she sees his approach, she shakes her head, still holding her ears. Th-thank you, Shaman, but I am QuItE AlRiGhT, she says with some difficulty, waving him away, J-just a passing migraine, is all... All it is...

In general, I don't like making posts that negate something someone else did, but Fluttershy's current altitude is roughly 8 feet up, well out of Pikel's reach.

Irish Musician
2012-07-24, 09:07 AM
Pikel, obviously not convinced that this is a headache, wags a finer at her as if to scold her and shakes his head at her. He is a little more insistent that she come down and lay on the bear, but when she refuses still, he lets the matter go. Pikel leaves her to herself, and continues watching the ship, waiting for it to make a move, spear at the ready.

No problem at all Shadow!!

oblivion6
2012-07-29, 01:52 AM
the airship moves closer and closer until finally, it appears the port authorities have finally decided to do something about the potentially unfriendly visitor. sleek, silver airships, much smaller than yours begin moving on an intercept course when suddenly there is a blinding flash of light and all you see when the light disipates is the ruined hulls of the interceptor class airships streaking towards the ground.

it is at this time that you can finally make out that a sort of crystal orb has risen to the airships deck, humming with power after cutting through the other airships as if they were butter. the clearly hostile airship continues its course towards you when the familiar voice of the captain shouts all available crew members, stand by to repel possible boarding parties. in a magically enhanced voice

Great Dane
2012-07-29, 02:13 AM
Goodness, we're not crew, but I suppose we could help, said Celeste with some trepidation. I'm not sure what good I'll be, but that orb can perhaps shed some light on what's going on.

Arcana on the orb that appeared: [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-29, 12:14 PM
Fluttershy
As battle becomes inevitable, Fluttershy's demeanor changes. Leave any mages or archers for me, she says in an even tone as she draws a vicious-looking serrated pick covered in Goblin runes and a branch of yew in her other hand. Angel growls as magic from the branch levitates it into the air to hover next to the pixie.

tigerusthegreat
2012-07-29, 06:14 PM
Draconus of Bahamut

"No worries here, pixie. I will handle anything bigger and uglier than a archer or mage." Draconus's sword shines brighter, and the glow is mirrored by his holy symbol. He steps between Celeste and the direction the enemy vessel is approaching from.

Use Virtue to gain 35 temporary hit points at the expense of 1 healing surge (11/12 surges remaining)

FatherVenom
2012-07-30, 01:20 AM
Karash

Karash allows the bugbear to pass him on the way up to the main deck before quickly following.

Huh, well that was easier than I thought it would be.

Just before hitting the main deck he pulls his longbow from his pack. Not knowing the situation, he moves cautiously onto the deck. Sizing up the scene he positions himself far enough from the edge to avoid immediate boarders, close enough to a handhold should the deck pitch unexpectedly, and with a clear line to the approaching vessel.

Irish Musician
2012-07-30, 04:31 PM
Pikel grabs his spear and walks in the middle of his new found friends. to everyone's surprise, this comes out of his mouth: "Stay by my bear and he shall help protect you and heal you if need be. I shall be just behind the front line, in case you need help. Good Luck warriors, May the Spirits be with you." And just like nothing out of the ordinary happened, Pikel waves his hand at Ber, and the spirit fades away into nothingness. "Do not fear, he will be back to protect you, and with you on the front lines." With that Pikel tips is spear forward in front of him, ready for any charging assault.

Durksmurf
2012-07-31, 05:50 PM
Draconus, me and my loyal companion will stand by you. None that I now of can harm me. Aurorar stands up and draws his shield and sword, and flexes his muscles at his side as Feathers runs to his side.

oblivion6
2012-08-04, 01:44 AM
celeste
you manage to divine that the orb obviously holds great magical energy and clearly has atleast 3 "sister" orbs. your not positive but you get the feeling that the orbs power would be greatly magnified if it were with the other 3. perhaps enough power to destroy an entire metropolis?

the massive airship pulls itself in closer and finally lines itself up alongside the long end of your hull in order to put down as many boarding planks as possible. crew members rush along franticly as they get a glimpse of the enemy boarding party...tiefling warriors.

the elven captain, after arriving on deck and surveying the situation a moment shouts we need some defenders over on the right! carefully ignoring the use of the typical nautical terms after seeing there were some non-sailors amongst the deck crew. he then turns to his first mate, a large burly half-orc who shouts bah! tiefling sky-pirates with magical orbs, this world keeps getting weirder by the day.

FatherVenom
2012-08-05, 01:57 AM
Karash

Karash focuses as best he can on a single tiefling warrior from the approaching vessel and lets loose with a volley of arrows, silent the whole while except for the twang of the bowstring.

Hunter's Quarry on the closest visible enemy. Twin-strike retargeting as necessary when the target dies. Assuming 14 move speed from the approaching vessel (Arcane Airship speed but if I'm wrong just deduct attacks) with adequate slowing time since they didn't ram us I get 4 rounds worth of Twin Strikes at ranges 40, 26, 12, & broadside, but I'll take that last round to get ready for meleeing boarders instead since they're likely to have readied actions to close & engage as soon as they're capable. Each successful hit to the same target grants 1 additional damage due to my longbow's property. Add +1 to the attack roll retroactively on bloodied targets. Applying Hunter's Quarry damage to the first successful hit each round and sacrificing move actions for other minors to reapply Hunter's Quarry to the closest living & visible enemy as necessary.

Round 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Round 2
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Round 3
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Seeing that the airship will be upon them before Karash can fire additional shots, he slings his bow & unsheathes his 2 large bastard swords which make no sound exiting the sheathes.

I may not have available actions to ready my swords. Let me know. I would sacrifice last round's worth of reapplying Hunter's Quarry to do this.

Durksmurf
2012-08-05, 06:41 AM
OOC
No iniative? If you need it [roll0].
Moving closer to the bow of the ship, Aurorar prepares to Charge the first infernal tiefling that boards.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-05, 12:59 PM
Fluttershy
The floating rabbit in tow, Fluttershy soars up to the main mast as the other ship approaches. As it gets close, she scans the enemy deck for potential squishy targets whose faces are just asking to meet her pickaxe.

On the subject of using Ber to attack the other ship, I think that would be a bit different. Pikel would potentially take a non-trivial amount of damage for the enemies killing Ber repeatedly, which might not be worth it.

Great Dane
2012-08-05, 11:21 PM
Seeing the walkways slam against the right side of the ship, Celeste prepares for those who are boarding. "Slapping" the dragonborn on his arm hard enough for him to feel and hear over the oncoming noise, Celeste says, Come, Draconus. I have an idea.

Gracefully moving toward one of the empty walkways not being pelted by Karash's arrows, Celeste waits for the first enemy she sees to appear. When within range, she implants a thought in the enemy's mind that what was once ally is now enemy.

Betrayal against the first enemy that comes within ranged 10
[roll0] vs. will. If I hit, I'll slide him a square back the other direction and if an enemy is adjacent by that point, he'll make a melee basic attack against the nearby enemy with a +5 to the attack. I figure they are all moving within 5-10 feet from each other in order to quickly board our ship so this should work, in theory.

Great Dane
2012-08-05, 11:22 PM
And my initiative if/when you need it:
[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-08-05, 11:40 PM
Pikel walks right up next to Draconis, standing next to him, yet close enough to the end of a plank to be able to reach it. He looks up at the soldier and smiles. "Boom Boom", he says as he waves a hand in the air, while readying his spear.

Ok, so. What Pikel will be doing is readying an action for when an enemy gets in range. Also, as soon as enemies get close to the end of a plank that is near Pikel and Draconis, he will summon his bear at the end of it, blocking the way to the raiders. So, he will summon the bear, then his action will go off, and since I can summon by bear as a free action, I can do it in that order :smallbiggrin:
Readied actions:
Free: Summon Bear when enemy is within 10 feet of end of plank and make this attack:
Defending Strike [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], Until the end of your next turn, you and your allies gain a +1 power bonus to AC while adjacent to your spirit companion.

Also, oblivian, I know it isn't ideal, but if you would like me to make out a combat map for you, I can. I don't want to step on your toes, but if it will help you out I would be more than willing to make one. I use them for my DMing purposes, so I am well versed in their use.

tigerusthegreat
2012-08-06, 08:44 AM
Draconus of Bahamut

Draconus moves with Celeste to defend one of the gangplanks. He watches for a worthy foe, not one of the rabble of a boarding party, but a commander or captain, maybe even the captain of the enemy vessel itself. He readies himself for the battle to come, dragon-head helmet shining in the sun.

Actions:

Ready: Ardent Strike to attack the first foe to come into melee range. [roll0] [roll1] EDIT: Yay for a crit, damage: 31

Initiative: [roll2]
Perception to spot leadership [roll3]

Stats:
Name: Draconus
HP: 131/131 Temp HP: 35
AC: 32 F: 26 R: 20 W: 28
Surges: 11/12

Encounter Powers Used:

Daily Powers Used:

Durksmurf
2012-08-06, 04:25 PM
Actions:
Forgot roll and stuff for charge. Again, Charge first guy within charge speed. If more than one enter charge speed after three or more board, he charges the grouping that would end with the most adjacent enemies. The attack the goes towards the toughest one. Attack [roll0] for [roll1] I then use natures wrath on all adjacent to me.

FatherVenom
2012-08-06, 09:29 PM
Karash

[roll0] if you need it. Otherwise feel free to continue me on my current initiative.

Durksmurf
2012-08-29, 08:49 AM
The other ship gently floats away. Sigh.

oblivion6
2012-09-15, 08:46 PM
just moments after the boarding planks hit the side of the ship a squad of tiefling warriors immediantly attempts to establish a hold on your own airship but are quickly met by a crew that is clearly more formidable than they were led to believe as a hail of arrows and thrown javelins meets one of the boarders, killing him instantly. meanwhile auronor charges straight into one of the infernal tieflings, while at the same time a tiefling attempting to cross the plank defended by draconus and celeste immediantly wheels around and stabs at a startled ally.

however, the tieflings are far from finished as their own few archers attempts to thin the defenders ranks while their wizard unleashes a blast of green eldritch energy at another crew member slaying 3 of the ships anti-boarding party

ROLLS
Tiefling warrior-Tiefling warrior
[roll0]
[roll1]

archers-crew members
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Wizard-crew
[roll]1d20+15[/b]
[roll6]