PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Skull and Shackles (OOC)

nazgulnine
2012-07-13, 07:25 PM
Nazgulnine's Skull and Shackles
Link to IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249470)

{table=head]player|character
Archpaladin Zousha|The Qadiran (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=400383)
Phasm|Zamari (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420760)
ChaosLord29|Elethir Dawnwind (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420871)
Ganis|Kavak (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=38139)
Iron Victory|Hastur Victarion (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420378)[/table]

Please do the usual speech color selection process.

nazgulnine
2012-07-13, 07:26 PM
Reserved for NPC and Treasure info

NPCs Met:
Barnabas Harrigan -

A bald, bearded Garundi man of little talk and much action. He's recently pressganged your sorry lot onto his ship, the Wormwood.

Mr. Plugg -

Cap'n Harrigan's insidious first mate. A sadist and balding man who favors a cat-of-nine-tails. He rules the deck with an iron fist and doles out punishments with relish.

Master Scourge -

Mr. Plugg's lackey and the Wormwood's master-at-arms. A tall, thin, long-bearded man who seems a real bully.

Ambrose "Fishguts" Kroop -

The ship's portly, drunken cook. He is always seen with a bottle and his favored black cockerel. There are whispers about this strange man.

"Cutthroat" Grok -

The ship's quartermaster and runner of the only general store you're like to see while at sea. She has a foul attitude and is fond of rum and song. Quite the hardened woman; she seems to be very close with Kroop.

Sandara Quinn -

A freshly-pressganged sailor like yourselves. A very kind woman with blood red hair and a coy demeanor.

Wormwood Sailors -

"Barefoot" Samms Toppin - A barefoot human woman. Rigger. Indifferent.
"Ratline" Rattsberger - A gangly-armed, ratfaced halfling. Rigger. Indifferent.
Jack Scrimshaw - A young man with a penchant for carving. Swab. Indifferent.
Jaundiced Jape - A mute half-orc with a dour expression. Swab. Hostile.
Tam "Narwhal" Tate - A longnosed, ugly dwarf. Close friend of Master Scourge. Rigger. Hostile.

Iron Victory
2012-07-13, 07:41 PM
Hi everybody! Hastur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420378) will be speaking in Bolded Blue.

Ganis
2012-07-13, 07:56 PM
Greetings, as Kavak (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=38139) is the resident goblin, I think I'll go with Pickle, I mean Lime

Phasm
2012-07-13, 09:18 PM
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

Zamari (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420760) will speak in Teal.

EDIT: Apparently GitP considers the latter part of The Qadiran's ancestry to be a curse word, so I think we're going to have to go with "Kelesh" there. :smalltongue:

And if you're wondering about the healer's kit, part of the Ship's Surgeon trait is that you get to start with a healer's kit on you even if the rest of your stuff is taken away.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-13, 11:23 PM
The Qadiran will use Bolded Indigo.

And it's Kelish, not Kelesh. :smallwink:

ChaosLord29
2012-07-14, 12:47 PM
Glad to be here! I'd like to post in Sea Green, I should think for my character.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-14, 03:33 PM
Just to warn you, ChaosLord, the Qadiran will likely start crushing on Elethir as time goes by. :smallwink:

Iron Victory
2012-07-14, 04:18 PM
Perception: [roll0]
Intelligence check: [roll1]
(There is no "knowledge: intelligence" skill)

nazgulnine
2012-07-14, 04:37 PM
(There is no "knowledge: intelligence" skill)

Yeah, I realize that, lol. It was a little post-check error on my part. Originally had a certain Knowledge check, rewrote it as Intelligence check, the word "knowledge" remained. Looked the post up and down, said "OK, this looks good. Post!"

The Lesson, Dear Reader?: Don't forget to remove something if you change your mind. And make a Perception and Intelligence check.

EDIT: I made map tokens for each character. I improv'd on the characters without images by digging through deviantart galleries for remotely identifiable images. If there's any recommendation on improvement/image replacement/kind words, feel free to post them.
Elethir:http://s19.postimage.org/8wfp8oi0v/elethir.png
Hastur:http://s19.postimage.org/ssboo7z27/hastur.png
Kavak:http://s19.postimage.org/stlmhn0vz/kavak.png
Qadiran:http://s19.postimage.org/eoftftrun/qadiran.png
Zamari:http://s19.postimage.org/nkqljrigv/zamari.png

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-15, 12:07 AM
That was one lucky Perception roll! :smalleek:

Phasm
2012-07-15, 05:38 PM
Int: [roll0]

Perception: [roll1] (+0 modifier)

Since the Qadiran mentioned nutmeg in her rum and Zamari suspects drugs, I'll roll a Heal check to see if she knows of a drug that tastes like nutmeg.

Heal: [roll2]

EDIT: Derp, guess not. :smalltongue: Thanks for finding us online character minis, Nazgul, I like the one you picked for Zamari!

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-15, 11:21 PM
I like how snarky everyone's being with this. :smallbiggrin:

Ganis
2012-07-16, 12:28 AM
Any skill to identify the significance of tasty tasty nutmeg oil?

Iron Victory
2012-07-16, 12:31 AM
I like how snarky everyone's being with this. :smallbiggrin:

Hey, Hastur's just going with the flow. On a related note, I propose a challenge: whoever is first to be lashed at least 3 consecutive times in one go, wins.

@ChaosLord29: Elethir sure is a heavy sleeper...:smalltongue:

Phasm
2012-07-16, 04:24 AM
I'm in another game with ChaosLord, and he hasn't posted there either. I hope he's okay IRL. :smalleek:

EDIT: Aha! I checked his profile and he went to ComicCon at the last minute. Hope he took lots of money, scalped tickets are wicked expensive.

ChaosLord29
2012-07-16, 01:28 PM
I'm in another game with ChaosLord, and he hasn't posted there either. I hope he's okay IRL. :smalleek:

EDIT: Aha! I checked his profile and he went to ComicCon at the last minute. Hope he took lots of money, scalped tickets are wicked expensive.

Yep, just fine and sorry to not to have posted, but like Phasm said it was a total last minute thing.

Also, scored 5 badges for 50 bucks total by waving a sign at people leaving the convention center. 2 of them were even 4 day professional passes!

nazgulnine
2012-07-16, 03:43 PM
Any skill to identify the significance of tasty tasty nutmeg oil?Craft (alchemy), Knowledge (nature), or Heal.

Yep, just fine and sorry to not to have posted, but like Phasm said it was a total last minute thing.

Also, scored 5 badges for 50 bucks total by waving a sign at people leaving the convention center. 2 of them were even 4 day professional passes!Ah! Good to have you with us. :smallsmile:

Ganis
2012-07-16, 06:33 PM
Nice, 2 rolls in a row for natural 1s. Very goblin like.

ChaosLord29
2012-07-16, 10:16 PM
Whew! Posted, after a whirlwind weekend and first day back at work. Figured since elves don't sleep and are immune to magical sleep, whatever drugged him would have a slightly altered effect on his mind than it would the average mortal.

Noticed after I was done posting that his first sentence is Haiku as well. Wonder if I should make that a theme for him . . . Naw.

Phasm
2012-07-18, 12:17 AM
Climb check from Zamari, lol

[roll0]

ChaosLord29
2012-07-18, 12:20 AM
Climb check for Elethir:
[roll0]

Looks like Elethir is still a little loopy from the drugging XD

Ganis
2012-07-18, 12:24 AM
Climb check
[roll0]

Iron Victory
2012-07-18, 12:46 PM
Second climb check: [roll0]

Shouldn't Zamari be tied with Kavak, they both rolled an 18. :smallconfused:
(How she climbs so well with a bum-leg I don't know) :smallwink:

Edit: Nice roll Zousha! Perhaps to speed things up we should roll all the climb checks at once? Just throwing that out there.

nazgulnine
2012-07-18, 01:27 PM
Shouldn't Zamari be tied with Kavak, they both rolled an 18. :smallconfused:
(How she climbs so well with a bum-leg I don't know) :smallwink:

Oops. Yeah, Phasm rolled an 18. However, I'm relaying climb speed based on a mixture of 1/4 land speed and the result of your roll against the DC. :smallwink:

Zamari with her bum leg could very well come out on top, given the luck of the die. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: I'd originally intended to roll all of them at once, but it doesn't seem it'd work in one go. I may need several checks from everyone, and the cleanest (also slowest) way to do them is how I'm going about the checks now. If you'd like, though, you can throw in 2 checks to keep ahead of the curve. I'll keep record of the "who-did-what-when."

Phasm
2012-07-18, 03:32 PM
...I don't know how Zamari climbs so well with a bum leg either!

Sorry for the late post, had RL stuff going on yesterday. Also, her default land speed is 20 ft in case you forgot, Iron. I took a look at Kavak's sheet and he is one fast goblin!

Phasm
2012-07-19, 07:35 PM
Couple more rolls, I missed the "make multiple rolls" part somehow...

[roll0]
[roll1]

nazgulnine
2012-07-19, 08:05 PM
It's ok. I've been swamped myself with RL things today.. :smallsigh:

Finally got the chance to get online, so I'll be updating all my games.

EDIT: To answer Iron Victory's question: the main mast is 60 feet tall.

Phasm
2012-07-19, 10:16 PM
Hahaha, let's make the goblin alchemist the cook! :smallbiggrin: Zamari won't think it's funny, but I will!

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-19, 11:12 PM
Of course none of us actually have RANKS in Profession (cook) so this'll be interesting. :smallamused:

Ganis
2012-07-19, 11:17 PM
I may not be able to post tomorrow, as I will be traveling. Just a heads up.

nazgulnine
2012-07-20, 08:24 PM
Rolling daily occupations!

Hastur: [roll0]
Kavak: [roll1]
Zamari: [roll2]
Elethir: [roll3]
Qadiran: [roll4]

[roll5]

Iron Victory
2012-07-20, 08:32 PM
What do those rolls represent? Or is it a secret? :smallwink:
damn I'm good at rigging... I think

nazgulnine
2012-07-20, 09:13 PM
Lol, secret. But it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what the rolls do after a while.

The days are going to go like this:

You start each day with breakfast (today was an aberration; no breakfast)
Then you have work at your duties until Sundown (or shirk your duties :smallamused:)
At this time, you're 'treated' to a 'bloody hour' where punishments are doled out.
Dinner is then served by the ship's cook and his assistant
After dinner, rum rations are doled out (effective to currency for certain things on the ship) and you're allowed to do anything and go anywhere on the ship (as long as you're not caught or killed :smallamused:) until dawn, when the Morning Bell is rung, and the whole cycle begins anew. You may also want to try out influencing the other sailors. :smallwink::smallwink:

The book is real nice in describing every little detail onboard the ship. It's quite a queer creature, filled with odd characters.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-20, 11:53 PM
I have to redo my last post. Didn't type the dice roll right. :smallannoyed:

Iron Victory
2012-07-24, 11:02 PM
Hey Nazgul, could you give me a brief description of Ratline and Barefoot Samms? I would just like to know at least superficially who I'm working with.

using names you'd often given to fugitives to describe you.
This was a little unclear. Are they saying things I've heard the fugitives I hunt call me? (Not kind things I assume :smalltongue:)

nazgulnine
2012-07-25, 12:31 AM
Hey Nazgul, could you give me a brief description of Ratline and Barefoot Samms? I would just like to know at least superficially who I'm working with.
Barefoot Samms Toppin (female human): a fair-skinned, honey-brown-haired woman who never wears shoes. She dresses in loose clothing suitable for fishing, consisting of a blue tunic, vest, yellow sash, and loose, striped trousers, her hair kept back by a purple bandana. job: rigger; attitude: indifferent.

“Ratline” Rattsberger (male halfling): a rat-faced (buckteeth, long-faced, and sunken-eyed) halfling with long arms and three missing fingers. He has cropped black hair and large ears and walks with a slight waddle, wearing a plain white nightshirt and brown trousers and, like many halflings, is barefoot save for his oversized, hairy feet. Personally, I imagine him having Elijah Wood's voice. job:rigger; attitude: indifferent.

This was a little unclear. Are they saying things I've heard the fugitives I hunt call me? (Not kind things I assume :smalltongue:)
Yes. Also, unkind, uncouth words that would make women blush and cause gentlemen to drop their monocles as they furrow their moustaches. :smalltongue:

Iron Victory
2012-07-27, 11:07 PM
*Pokes thread with stick* Yarr, what we be waiting for?

nazgulnine
2012-07-28, 12:40 AM
*Pokes thread with stick* Yarr, what we be waiting for?

Me, but my stupid internet is down and I practically have to contact you through a baked potato

Phasm
2012-07-29, 11:04 PM
Sorry I haven't posted, folks, haven't been feeling well IRL. Think I'm getting a bit better though.

Iron Victory
2012-07-29, 11:13 PM
Sorry I haven't posted, folks, haven't been feeling well IRL. Think I'm getting a bit better though.

That sucks, but at least you're on the mend. :smallsmile:

Now if only the same could be said of Nazgul's internet connection...

nazgulnine
2012-07-30, 04:44 PM
That sucks, but at least you're on the mend. :smallsmile:

Now if only the same could be said of Nazgul's internet connection...

Guess who's back!

ChaosLord29
2012-08-01, 12:56 PM
Accursed fatigue, I almost think it would have been worth the penalties in order to get in on these role play opportunities XD

nazgulnine
2012-08-01, 01:40 PM
Accursed fatigue, I almost think it would have been worth the penalties in order to get in on these role play opportunities XD
Gotta choose between them penalties in the morning and a good nights rest. Oh the price of having a good time.

ChaosLord29
2012-08-01, 01:58 PM
Considering I'm already at a -1 constitution, I think I made the right call, cause those penalties could start to stack up fast otherwise.

Are there any rules for sneaking away or shirking duties? I'd like to find some time during my shifts to sneak a rest or talk about getting my equipment back.

nazgulnine
2012-08-01, 02:35 PM
Considering I'm already at a -1 constitution, I think I made the right call, cause those penalties could start to stack up fast otherwise.

Are there any rules for sneaking away or shirking duties? I'd like to find some time during my shifts to sneak a rest or talk about getting my equipment back.

Here are the super-official rules on actions aboard the ship, or as I like to call it, Hi-diddle-dee-dee, A Pirate's Life for Me.

Daytime Ship Actions
Work Diligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a job’s daily task
Influence: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak**: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and briefly explore one area of the ship (allowed one Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection)
Shop: Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and visit the quartermaster’s store (area A9 on the map*)
Shirk**: Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. Can take 10 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.

Nighttime Ship Actions
Sleep: Go to bed early and sleep through the night (automatically recover from fatigue)
Gamble: Play or gamble on a game of chance or Pirate Entertainment
Entertain: Make one Perform check to entertain the crew
Influence: Attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak**: Take time exploring one area of the ship. Can take 20 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.
Steal**: Attempt to open a locked door or locker. Must make a check to avoid being discovered.

*I'm working on getting you's pirates a map of the ship.

**Failing this check means the PC attempting the action is disturbed and is unable to complete the action OR is caught red-handed by a random crew member, and might be turned over to Master Scourge for discipline.

ChaosLord29
2012-08-01, 03:08 PM
A Pirate's Life for Me indeed!

Could I attempt to Shirk my duties and instead of taking a perception check or exploring, simply avoid taking a Constitution check?

nazgulnine
2012-08-05, 03:55 PM
@ChaosLord
Yes.

Also, just updated the NPC list. It can be found on OOC post #2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13551001&postcount=2).

nazgulnine
2012-08-13, 11:19 AM
Sorry for the delay. I'm going to try and speed up the posting on my end.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-13, 12:42 PM
Great. Instead of charming a new friend, Qadiran's insulted probably the one person who'll be most willing to help her on this ship. :smallannoyed:

Iron Victory
2012-08-13, 12:54 PM
Sorry for the delay. I'm going to try and speed up the posting on my end.

Awesome! Good to hear it, I'm excited to see where this campaign will go.

nazgulnine
2012-08-13, 04:34 PM
Great. Instead of charming a new friend, Qadiran's insulted probably the one person who'll be most willing to help her on this ship. :smallannoyed:You don't openly insult anyone on anything but a flat 1 on a Diplo check.

Awesome! Good to hear it, I'm excited to see where this campaign will go.I've been meaning to get things sped up, since I have a lot of ideas I'd like to implement before I forget them, and this, in particular, is quite a long adventure path.

Iron Victory
2012-08-13, 11:38 PM
Since it seems all the cool kids are doing it these days, here's a diplomacy check.

[roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-26, 10:12 PM
What IS it with the Qadiran purposefully trying to be seductive and then getting low rolls on social checks?! :smallannoyed: