PDA

View Full Version : TW magicite[IC]

oblivion6
2012-07-13, 11:13 PM
in the aftermath of the devastating race for magicite, a rare magical stone many new powers have come into being. with each determined to leave its mark on history it is unknown who will prevail

across the world:

undead wastelands: in the southwest a massive horde of undead has been steadilly growing larger and larger, until finally it appears ready to smash all civilized lands in its path. this massive horde is opposed by an army of allied nations including everas, the dwarves of ironforge and many others

rise of the hordes: in the past year multiple hordes of goblinoids and even stranger things have been on the rise throughout the world

unrest in athasian: the country of athasian, once ruled by a powerful sorcerer is now split into 3 different factions each determined to rule the shattered land for him/her self through any means necessarry

and despite all that life goes on normally for many with the conclave hunting its sworn enemies, the malakarium, and of course the great dragon klaus sits in his great mountain caverns emerging only very rarely from his den

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-14, 09:35 AM
The Titans

The world, speaks. It speaks of war and chaos, and suffering an dread. Incompentent godlings. The Titans will rise. They will be freed from their shackles, and the very world with shake at their coming.

ragingrage
2012-07-15, 04:32 PM
The Shouted Spell (Morale: 8)

A Mage conjures a model of the world. He looks. And Laughs.

To the Mage's Conclave
Greetings. We come to you today because of the growing issue of the Malakarium. They are clearly a blight on the face of magic everywhere, and we think that they must be removed with all haste. If it is possible, we would like to organize a conference among different groups that oppose these shameful criminals to find a way to defeat them once and for all. Would you be able to attend?
To the Knights of Silver
Greetings. We have sent this message because of the growing issue of the Malakarium. They are evidently a problem that we must deal with rapidly and soon. If possible, we would like to arrange a conference among different groups that fight against these shamefully mages to find a way to defeat them once and for all. Would you be able to attend?
To the Elven Free Holds
Greetings. Greetings. We have sent this message because of the growing issue of the Malakarium. They are evidently a problem that we must deal with rapidly and soon. If possible, we would like to arrange a conference among different groups that fight against these shamefully mages to find a way to defeat them once and for all. Would you be able to attend?
To the Succubi of Triane
Greetings. We wonder if we could hire your services to find information. Would that be possible, and if so are there estimates on the price?
To the Titans
((Should I address you as the disciples of the Titans, or..?))
Greetings, from one group of Mages to another. We are planning a conference to combat the Malakarium, and wonder if you would be interested in attending. Surely you see that these mages are a threat to all, and drive the reputation of all Mage groups down.
To the Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart
Greetings. We would like to invite you, if possible, to a meeting on how to deal with the Malakarium. We understand that you may disagree with ourselves and the methods of others who combat the Malakarium, but surely you see that they are a greater threat than us or other Mage groups.

oblivion6
2012-07-15, 04:42 PM
to the shouted spell
they all agree to attend. the NPCs anyways

succubi to the shouted spell
our price depends on what kind of information you need

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-15, 04:51 PM
The Titans (Can refer to 'em as the Disiples of the Titans)

The Time had come. A great Trollmoot will be held. From the highest mountian, to the deepest ocean trench, the call will sound. The time of the masters return will be soon.

To all Trolls in the world (NPC and Blood Reaver Horde)
We call the Leaders of the Trolls to a Great Trollmoot! For too long have our titanic ancestors lain in bondage! The Craig of Gullaj-kashaji awaits.

To the Shouted spell
The world around you seems to shimmer and echo, as if the world itself is speaking to you. "We are not mages. We speak the speech of the worlds creators, and it lends it's ear to us, no more, no less. But we will come. But we ask one thing. We are searching for old seals. Would you happen to any information about such things?"

ragingrage
2012-07-15, 04:56 PM
The Shouted Spell (Mor:8)

To the Shouted Spell
We see, and apologize for referring to you as that. We do not know about any "hidden seals" but are curious as to what they are.
EDIT:
To the Succubi of Triane
We would, if possible, like to know the price of finding the amount of magical power and magicite the Malakarium have.

Umbranar
2012-07-16, 03:52 AM
Bloodreaver Horde Morale: 2, D-esp: 6, Rep: 1

Grom`gar leans over the maps on the table within his tent. The Undead Horde is coming so his horde has to get going. The Eastern Steppes are optional but there aren`t many villages to plunder. The Kingdom of Caleb is an option, their militairy is far less superior then his own army. The High Order of the Bloody Hand is their neighbor and they can be a problem.

What do you advise, Urgalagh? he asks.

His trusted Troll Shaman Advisor shakes his head. The Horde is restless, they want to move out and plunder, it is up to you High Warlord. Past the Eastern Steppes lie resourceful lands but it will be quiet a march.

Just then a goblin messanger appears in the tent.
High Warlord Grom`gar, the Trolls far in the north are calling for all other trolls to join them in freeing their titans!

With his fist Grom`gar smashes the table in half. WHAT?!? Send word back that we do not care about their troubles, the trolls remain with the army! Make clear to all of them that any who leave for this nonsense will be executed!

The Goblin Kiri, the diplomat of the horde, steps forward. I will take care if this mylord. He bows and then leaves the tent while Grom`gar gathers his officers to start preparing for the march ahead.

To the Disciple of the Titans
The Trolls of the horde stay with the horde. We do not care about the troubles far north nor any slumbering Titan elsewhere.

To the Orcadian Empire
The Bloodreaver Horde greets you mighty ones. We want to speak of peace between our nations since we both own great armies and the will to conquer. I suggest we won`t trow the bulk of our armies against eachother for it will be a long and bloody conflict. Instead we plan to start moving north or east to raid and pillage the surrounding lands and get some distance between us and the undead horde.

The Malakarium
In name of High Warlord Grom`gar, I greet you. We know of your current troubles and enemies and want to assure you that you will be safe within the Bloodreaver Horde lands. We value those with great magic talent, especially those who dare to go far to improve this talent. We hope to be able to aid you so you might aid us.

Kiri, diplomat of the Bloodreaver Horde.

Adlan
2012-07-16, 07:40 AM
Carracksons
Fili Holdfast was an almost typical specimen of his race. Short, and lithe, he was clothed in wool and fur, turning away the bitter salt spray, his leather shoes gave him good grip as he leaned out from the figure head of the ship, a coil of rope over his shoulder as he leapt into the spray. A sling was tucked through his wide belt, and a short axe clattered at his side as he hit the pebble beach.

Soon the ship would be beached, the scout would return with news of nearby towns or villages, and they would unload the trade goods they had brought. Fili though, was in it for more than just a single trading mission. He had big plans, and with his families support, he might even end up mayor of the new town they would found.

Ships from the various islands and independent crews set off across the world, most doing their usual trade, but the islands population is increasing, and there is a drive for new colonies and port towns.

To the Blood Revear Horde
An Eagle grows from what was once a speck in the sky to a very large bird indeed, as it circles lower, a figure can be seen mounted on it's back. Eventually, it lands out side the Great Warlords Camp. A figure, about the size of a goblin, but in form like a man, with great dignity, presents it's self as an emissary from the Carrack Islands.
If it gets an Audience
'Oh Great Lord' speaks the emissary, a young noble rider, clad in fine worked leather and a sheepskin jerkin, bowing low and laying his curved HornBow at the Orcs feet. 'I seek the hordes favour for my clan and my people, and I bring you gifts' He brought forth his saddle bag, and produced dried fish, fruits from the eastern peninsula, fine cloth and a bag of fine dwarfish arrow heads 'These are but a small sample of what my people could provide for you, if you will but grant us license to set up a trading post on your fine shore. We will trade freely with all your subjects and bring you the best and choicest items from around the world'.

To the Eastern Steppes
To the Titians
On an abandoned bit of coast line, with a shallow natural harbour, a ship beaches it's self. Giant Albatross and Eagle can be seen above them, but with no settlement in sight, they do not venture far. Instead, quickly the beach is a hive of activity, as quickly a pier is built. And soon, more ships come and a small town is formed.

To the Kingdom of Everas
'Oh King' This emissary is old, and well rounded, if still spry despite his grey hair. He is a wealthy merchant, and his trade connection in the city have allowed him this audience 'I seek further to improve the trade between your kingdom and my people, and would seek to to establish a permanent place for my people to live and trade in your fine port city, at the mouth of this mighty river.'

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-16, 09:12 AM
To the Carracksons
The water and land where you built your new town begin to hiss and murmur.
"Who are you, to build here? Who are you, to come to Troll land?"OOC; Assuming your building on Troll land.

oblivion6
2012-07-16, 08:49 PM
malakarium to bloodreaver horde[PM]
a portal opens up in the center of your camp, and out steps a dark robed elf sorceress "very well. where do you plan on settling?"

succubi of triane to the shouted spell
oh is that all? we can tell you all we know about them for [5] wealth or [2] magicite

everas to carrackson
we would be delighted to recieve you as trading partners

orcadian empire to bloodreaver horde
hmm. perhaps we can work together. shall we meet and discuss matters further

to the titans
about [+++++] worth of trolls plan to attend

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-17, 06:16 AM
The Swarm

Though thousands of warriors lay at her disposal, Ras'zha'galim, the motherly host and one of few sentient beings of the Swarm, threw her gaze across the small crutch of mountains which formed a natural border. It may be best to establish the primary Hive here. Any fools who dare to try and cross the mountains will not escape our notice, and we wish to be left alone. Let us hope that it does not come to pass that I should require to mobilize our forces again. Let it be that we will survive and endure. And eventually we will throw off the shackles of our non-sentience and arise to become a beacon of free will. The deep rumbling of another voice grazed against her mind, and she opened up the communication with Chthonos, the largest of all the Swarm, as well as one of the most dangerous, because he had achieved a pseudo-freedom that was only rivaled by her own. He was bound to obey her orders, and yet he could think creatively, unlike the thousands of other creatures they both commanded. [Host-Mother, I have already sent our fastest Swarmlings with the message you have requested be sent to all the nations around us. Do you really believe we will not have to fight for our existence on this continent?] She responded, [It must be so. We cannot hope to continue our research and evolution with enemies attempting to break down our borders. But should it come to this, we will fight. And you will lead us in glorious victory. For such is your purpose in our Swarm, Chthonos. Now go, prepare for the drones to begin harvesting our nourishment from the Brontoliths we have brought with us. If we are to survive away from fertile land, we must continue to sustain ourselves.]

She turned out to the harsh tundra to which they had been driven. There was great work to be done. The drones of the Swarm were already getting to work establishing the biological structures which were needed to raise new units, scouting areas for the Brontoliths to graze within their new borders, and establishing the various buildings and nests which were needed to keep the Swarm alive and well.

Message to all Factions
A pair of Swamlings and a Jäger arrive at each your respective cities. Though their very appearance suggests they should be exterminated as raiding monsters, they keep to themselves, as the Jäger asks to see each of your leaders respectively. The voice is that of Ras'zha'galim, who has placed the following message in the minds of her servants in order to deliver it as quickly as possible.

"It has been many years since the first of our kind were created. We were created under the false pretense of having no controllable freedom, of our kind having no free will of our own. This is true, and I, the Host-Mother, the Supra-Mind of the Swarm, do not wish to pose a threat to any of the fair nations which border our lands, nor any of the nations beyond our borders and the borders of our neighbors. We extend our friendship, and merely request that our appearance does not stir a rising of arms among you. We wish to be left alone, so our brightest minds can research a way to end the curse of the control that I must wield in order to keep the Swarm from attacking you all mindlessly. We offer to you our military support in times of trouble, and an understanding in our ways in exchange for this isolation. Should any of you know of ways to help us in our quest for freedom, we would be honored to request your assistance in this matter.

Umbranar
2012-07-17, 07:13 AM
As the big bird comes closer and closer, the Goblin look-outs shout: Big Bird coming, archers prepare! Dozens of goblin archers pick up their bows and prepare to fire. STAND DOWN! yells a voice behind them. It is Grom`gar himself with axe in hand. Bloody outsider should know better then land in the middle of the horde.

To Carrackson [PM unless your in my camp]
Very well, you are welcome for now. Try not to stand in the way too much.

To Malakarium [PM in the High Warlords Tent]
We are not planning to settle anywhere yet, unless we find a suitable spot. We plunder and move on. My proposal to your organisation is simple, we have the militairy might to withstand your enemies. In return we want your support in claiming more Magicite, which you will get a portion of, and locating places of treasure for us. In return we aid you against your enemies and protect you.

To the Orcadian Empire
Where do you suggest to meet? Our camp will stay put for the next couple of weeks.

As the Swarmlings approach to the High Warlords Warcamp, they are welcomed with dozens of arrows fired by goblin archers. Orc bezerkers form a line in front of them to strike at those coming close. After the first volley, a second volley follows to finish off any survivors.

Worlok
2012-07-17, 01:23 PM
The Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart / High Order of the Bloodied Hand

"War is not coming. It is already there." The ancient minotaur rested his bull-like face on one palm while massaging the base of his left horn, carefully, with the other. The bucket of tea he had requested still had not arrived, even though it had been about half an hour, and instead a young man, a human, had entered, wearing the steel-and-blue of what amounted to a lieutenant within the ranks of the Arm of Justice and asking for an audience he had been granted grudgingly. "My lord?" - "Look at this, Soldier Knight. The goblins prowl the night in force, the dead are rising from their graves down south, and what's left of Athasian is going to end in a Civil War if noone steps in to appease the factions. But anyway, what was it you wished to speak to me about?" - "You haven't heard? There have been sightings of strange beasts around town, and-" - "-people have started to disappear?" - "No, sir, rather, one of them just entered town and formally requested our aid as allies. Said something about how they suffer from some sort of 'curse of control', which they would like our aid in dispelling." - "Well. That does sound reasonable. Word from the Eye on this?" - "None so far. Going to look into it, first opportunity. Still, they're kind of scaring the populace, and the town council would like you to step up, seeing how you're the-" - "-highest-ranking Order Representative on site. Thanks, yes, I know the drill." - "Sir?" - "Apologies. The nerves. I'll try to contact the Mind, get some sort of suggestion. Tell them I shall be there in an hour. And close the door on the way out." - "Yes, Sir!"

To The Swarm:

Esteemed Host-Mother,

we are happy to hear that even in times like these, the name of Great Brindelbart inspires the trust of the powerful. As it is among the very founding principles of our order to combat the threat magic forces pose when used in control or domination of another, and thus to valiantly propagate the freedom of man and beast alike from its ravishes, we would likewise feel honored to heed your request, and shall take it upon ourselves to conduct research into our archives, so as to, if the Divine would will it, put forth a promising strategy.

However, on grounds of philosophical quandaries that have so far disquieted members of our relevant organs of organisation, we would like to be informed of the exact nature of this aforementioned curse, so as to undertake and hopefully find out in what way we might find short-term solutions that would maybe make such a means unnecessary. It might also become necessary to reveal your sites of operations, should it become necessary to swiftly detach supportive personnel in case of crisis. We shall likewise reveal ours unto you if the necessity arises.

Sincerely,

Representative of the Knightly Order of Great Brindelbarts Unbroken Hand, colloquially High Order of the Bloodied Hand, the Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart and on behalf of Sir Tunnagh clen Brindibaat, Heir of Brindelbart.

P. S. Please inform us of your preferred manner of adress. We had gone with "Esteemed Host-Mother" so far. Would this serve?

To the GM:

Okay, this is awkward, but whom, exactly, do my territories border on? I had the map all figured out, but somehow the image won't load for me. :smallconfused:

oblivion6
2012-07-17, 10:52 PM
orcadian empire to bloodreaver horde[PM]
an armored figure arrives at your camp "how extensive is your magical might? my priests have had an interesting idea

very well, we can probably train your horde in the finer arts of dark magic. we also have intel that everas has by far the largest amount of magicite known to us

to brindlebart
orcarian empire
kingdom of caleb
ironforge
everas
imperagons legions

Umbranar
2012-07-18, 03:45 AM
Bloodreaver Horde

To Orcadian Empire [PM]
We have plenty of shamans with the horde, what plans are you speaking of?

To Malakarium [PM]
Everas, that means we have to go through the Kingdom of Caleb.
Rumor has it that there are magic items to be found down south. Do you know the exact location?

OOC to Worlok: you also border with the Bloodreaver Horde.

Adlan
2012-07-18, 04:58 AM
Carracksons
On the Titans Land
After the first day and night, The water and land where the foundations of the new town were being built began to hiss and murmur.

"Who are you, to build here? Who are you, to come to Troll land?" the very land it self began to speak.

Every Carrackson fled the shore, the boat crews leaping into their ships and filling to the berm, the eagle rider flapping desperately into the air, tents and tools abandoned. It took a meeting back on the ship, resolved only when the Ship's master hauled himself up from a long swim from the coastline.

A lone halfling made his way to shore in one of the ships boats. Gingerly he stepped on shore. No voice issued forth, and he quietly built a small Cairn, poured out a cup of beer, lit a small pile of pipe weed with ceremonial obsidian and steel. "Fire, Water, Air" he intoned. "Never before has Earth Spoken, and we are far from home and hearth and the wisdom of our Speakers"

"We are the Islands Sons, the Wave Born, Wind Riders, We seek only to dwell in this land, Harvest some tree's to build our ships and Catch our food from the sea. We did not know this land had masters..." Here the halfling screwed up his courage and his sense of silliness, as he spoke to an empty landscape and a beer soaked alter. "We can offer you many fine goods in trade and peace". With that, the halfling left his speaking done, and really hoped that they hadn't offended some powerful being.

The Coastline of the Blood Reaver Horde
With the Warlords permission, there is quickly a small settlement. An old Ship sacrificed it's hull and timbers to make a hall, which was full every week when a ship arrived, trading valuable goods, weapons and armour for the loot the horde had accumulated.

Port Everas
Within a few months of the kings permission, a small section was soon known as the halfling quarter. Known as the 1/8th market, fine wares from over the sea were bought and traded, with particular interest in produce from the Iron Forge.

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-18, 07:40 AM
To the Swarm
We know what it is to be lost. We know what it is to have little to no choice. For much of the Trolls history, we have been lost to a rage imposed by others. We will help you.

To the Carracksons
The Air grew tenser as he asked for the blessing of Air, Fire and Water. But it waited till after he spoke to make itself known. One of the Hills you had started building on, got to it's feet. A massive rocky troll, seeming made of granite, with moss hanging from parts of it.

"At least call them by their older names. Ormagöden, Tethys and Boréas. I am Kul'cuzard, the watcher of this coast. As trolls, we don't have that many visitors. As for trade, well," He shrugs, reminding you almost of a avalanche, "The ones to decide are proboby watching."

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-18, 08:31 AM
The Swarm

Feeling the sudden loss of life among the three messengers who were sent to the strange beings known as the Blood-Reaver Horde was discouraging, nearly rage inducing. Though these Sons of Brindlebart and the Disciples of the Titans had promised their honor in these matters, they were rather far away from the slowly growing Hive cluster which had been erected per orders. Any support from either nation would take a long time to arrive, and the Blood-Reaver Horde would only need to march through these Eastern Steppes were they to decide to be more aggressive towards the Swarm. However, the Host-Mother would wait, and see if other lands would help her in her cause. Should it come to pass that these followers of ancient gods and the offspring of a mighty hero be her only found allies, it would be a grave situation.

Turning back to the messengers who had returned, she began sending her new messages to her two first allies, as well as pondering how she was to respond to too much hostility. While her first two responses had been positive, it would be unfortunate to march the Swarm out to war so early. Let us hope, my darlings, that we find favor in the eyes of many nations, so we may break this wretched curse as soon as we can.

She reached out into the tendrils of the minds in her new home, and found the one she was looking for. Schajäger, considered to be the stealth to Chthonos's raw power, was practicing her stealthy techniques. It had been more difficult than usual for the Host-Mother to find her as of late, something which was startling. Perhaps another clue towards freedom? However, having found her, she relayed the new orders from the distance, [Schajäger, the forces of the nation known to us as the Vigilant Sons of Brindlebart have promised to help us. You must now go to their city, and learn from them. You will learn about their leader, their culture, and about any military information should we need to give them support. If they desire, they may also send back a diplomat or a scholar to learn of us, as they had requested in their message. Do not fail me or take other matters into your own hands. This group may be able to save us and free us from bondage.]

The Host-Mother felt a change of direction as the sleek mind of Schajäger moved away from her, as well as the three creatures who had also made the first trip to the Sons of Brindlebart. It would be a painful ordeal if she were to be killed en route, the resurrection would take a lot of resources and much effort from the Host-Mother and Chthonos. Change was in the wind though. And it would be wise to note that change, while good, also brought pain and suffering to others.

To the Sons of Brindlebart

Most gracious Vigilant Sons of Brindlebart,

We are most delighted to hear such an enthusiastic response to our message. Though the Swarm holds all memories together, we shall never forget this display of courage in the face of what others have too quickly deemed to be monsters. We will lend you aid in any ways we can, should it come to pass that our great armies be called to war in any circumstance. You have also done well in naming me "Esteemed Host-Mother". My true name is Ras'zha'galim, a name given to me by our previous captors. I hope that my adress to you is as fitting as yours is to myself.

As to your requests for more information, I will agree to the terms previously stated. I will send one of my lieutenants, Schajäger to your capitol. Should you send a trusted diplomat to our Hive cluster, we will gladly discuss the inner workings of the Swarm, and any other information you may seek. Though we are not entirely sure of how my power over the Swarm functions, I will gladly share with you what we know to be true.

In the name of the Swarm,

Ras'zha'galim, Host-Mother

To the Disciples of the Titans

Disciples of the Titans,

We thank you for your display of generosity to our cause. We pledge to you our military support should any nation attempt to threaten you. If there is any cause in which the Swarm may be of assistance, we will gladly entertain possibilities of combining our powerful forces together for the greater good.

In the name of the Swarm,

Ras'zha'galim, Host-Mother

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-18, 08:45 AM
To the Swarm
At the edges of the mountians, a figure emerges from the Earth. Rocky, he's almost the size of Chthonos. He's a troll. As soon as he finds a member of the Swarm, he stops.

He bows, and begins to speak. "I come from the counsil of the Deepspeakers, and request a aduceince with the Esstemed Host Mother."

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-18, 08:55 AM
The Swarm

The pair of drones working on constructing the nest eyes you warily at first. However, one turns away and motions awkwardly for you to follow one of the Roaches scuttling towards a large rise of organic looking buildings. A larger beast (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/082/e/b/Queen_by_Mr__Jack.jpg) than any of the other Swarm warriors emerges from a large nest, moving slowly and deliberately, as though restrained by another force. She looks up at you (being the size of a Clydesdale in height, and about twice as long), and makes a gracious bow with the torso of her body. Her large wing-shaped claws fold away towards her back, a sign of passivity. She speaks in an obviously calm female voice, despite her monstrous appearance. "Messenger of the Disciples of the Titans, Consular of the Deepspeakers, I am Ras'zha'galim the Host-Mother, the Supra-Mind of the Swarm. What brings you from your rocky home of the north to our main Hive cluster?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-18, 09:00 AM
To the Swarm
"We promised Aid in freeing you fro your curse. So they sent me to help. Is the matter magical or Biological in orgin? If it's a result of magic, we would be able to deal with it realtivly quickly. If however, it's biological, it would involve altering your people, something we don't have the Skill for. However, we said we would help, and so we will."

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-18, 09:22 AM
The Swarm

"Ah, you see, this is the very beginning of the problem. We do not know the origin of this strange curse, only that I have complete control of the Swarm, and my two lieutenants have a lesser amount of control. I can feel and sense every being within the Swarm, and know what they experience. I can command them to do anything, even if it was self-destruction. I need only to think my commands at the beings I wish to control, and then it is executed as I desire. There is no limit to what range I can do this, nor does any particular type of terrain seem to dismiss or even dampen this control.

This condition was thrust upon us by our creators. In the land of our origin, mages and druids worked together to create something greater than any of their guardians of the forests. They collaborated to make us, the Swarm. A controllable horde of living beings who could be controlled at any time by those same mages and druids to attack any beings who would dare to try and use nature as a resource. Eventually though, they realized that they could not spend all their waking hours coordinating the large numbers of the Swarm. Any stop to the flow of information renders the Swarm helpless, reduced to savage beings filled only with the desire to kill and destroy. To solve this task, they attempted to forge a being who could take control. The first result was Chthonos, my loyal lieutenant, though they deemed him reckless, even for the task which they had assigned him to. The next was Schajäger, though she was too fragile. She was capable of great espionage and ambush, and is even capable of being resurrected should she die, but she cared not enough for the Swarm to focus her full attention on it.

And thus, I was born. I awoke to having the screams and cries of hundreds of warriors in my head, and I have learned since how to direct the poor souls to do my bidding. At first, it was the bidding of my masters that had guided me. Until I looked through the eyes of the warriors I commanded, and saw that we were hated by all, and created as terrors, as harbingers of war. And so I turned our warriors against our former masters, and we quickly overran them and destroyed their entire organisation. We travelled far and wide until we found this place, where we will try and break this curse of submission so that they can live free lives and make their own choices."

She pauses, looking around her at several minions scuttling around, completely ignorant of their Host-Mother and the enormous Troll with her.

"I want for them the freedom that I have. I know that destroying me outright is not enough, they will descend into a rampaging madness and destroy everything that comes into their path. And so I have turned to other nations who may know of secrets we do not. Should you be the ones to free us, we will remain ever in your debt."

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-18, 09:34 AM
To the Swarm
As the host mother Speaks, the Troll listens carefully, occasionally nodding.

"Sounds Biological. Or rather, the body and lower brain, the swarm, was created first, and then the higher logic centers were added in later. There might be something we could do, but I wouldn't lay odds on it. To be certian, we'd expand the minds of the swarm members. I'd guess that currently, they don't neeed the higher brain functions, because they always had something else ro handle those. We'll see what we can do, but.... We can offer no guarentees of sucess."

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-18, 09:42 AM
The Swarm

To the Disciple of the Titans

"Though your quick readiness astounds us and raises our hopes, we wish to collaborate with other researchers of this world before we attempt the separation between myself and the Swarm. As I have mentioned, should I be killed, or the connection be cut off before the other have gained their freedom, devastation and destruction would ravage the land. Your intentions are truly noble, and I thank the Council of the Deepspeakers for their efforts, but we wish to hold off from this offer until we known more about the situation.

In the meantime is there anything that, perhaps, we can help you with? As I carry the memories of the Swarm, I will not forget this act of kindness. Even if it is only a gift of some kind to reinforce our friendship, I will not allow for your unkindness to be left in debt. Speak, and if it is reasonable it shall be yours."

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-18, 09:46 AM
To the Swarm
"All we ask for is if you have any information on the locations of the prisions of the titans. While we know where to find the Grey Lord... getting there is currently beyond us."

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-18, 10:11 AM
The Swarm

The Host-Mother ponders for a moment, clicking her long talons against her lower jaw. "It pains me to be of no immediate help, but I do not recollect anything that could resemble these Titans of yours. As we are new creations to this world, perhaps you could tell us of your desire for this information?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-18, 10:25 AM
To the Swarm
"At the dawn of the world, three great kindrids walked the world, and those close to it. There were the Gods, the Demons and the Titans. The Gods were primarly concerned with order, with control in most of the forms it took. Tjhe Demons were enttopy. Destruction for the sake of destruction, uncontrolable, a chaotic force. And the Titans were forgers. They laboured long to create the physical world, and created wonders. The Gods claimed dominion over portions of it, but the Titans did not force them to give it up, they were stewards, managers, incapable of creating anything truely new, only shaping what was already there. The Demons tried to destroy the world. Normal behavoiur for them.

At long last, the Titans felt sad that they were the only living beings in the world. And so they created something new. Life.

However, it was the creation of life, and their souls, that led to the War of Mortallity. The Demons wanted to kill them for sport. The Gods wanted them in regimemented order, bound to a master. The Titans wanted them to grow and develop, with minimal interferance. And so both Gods and Demons launched a assult on them.

For ages uncountable, they waged war, incapable of killing each other, only to disperse them for a time. The Gods managed to imprision several of the most powerful of the Titans, and then the Demons lauched their strike. They stripped the Immortallity from the Titans, and laid a curse of eternal rage on them, bound to follow them for nearly ten thousand years.

We are their mortal desendants. We would free our Ancestors, and protect the mortal races from tyrants and upsurers. We would throw down the corrupt and hidebound gods, and destroy the Vile and Destructive demons. And the only one we know of... The Grey Lord, the Soul forger, traped in his Grey citadel, in the Realms of the Dead."

oblivion6
2012-07-18, 09:19 PM
to carrackson[GM]
if you intend to recieve any real benefits from these towns you are building, you will need to invest ECON into building them. unless its for pure fluff purposes

if we can muster enough magical strength, we can take complete control over the undead horde. we have already located its master, a lich of great power and together i believe we can completely overwhelm the liches mind bending him to our will. we can put 5 magic towards this. normally such a task would be extremely difficult, but our agents have discovered the liches identity before he died and we can use that against him

besides everas we hear that within the shattered lands of athasian the ancient sorceress-queen of that land kept a massive stockpile of the precious stone. the land is currently engaged in a civil war as many vie for control

OOC: athasian is not marked on this current map but it should be on the next one. it is just south of you. its a fairly small land

Umbranar
2012-07-19, 03:15 AM

To Orcadian Empire [PM]
We can put in a little more. We have more shamans but the goblins tend to be too destructive for this kind of magic. What will the result of such control be? One lich and two nations who benefit from such control.

To Malakarium [PM]
Word about Athasian has reached us indeed. Ill send some goblin spies over to check their militairy and magical might. It might be an easy victory with the Civil War distracting and deviding their forces.

OOC: Whats their public Defence-espionage?

oblivion6
2012-07-19, 03:28 AM
to bloodreaver horde[PM]
orcadium: if we control the lich, we control a good portion of the undead horde which will move wherever we see fit

malakarium: oh their forces are really no concern. their all fighting one another. we are also planning on luring all 3 canidates into a single pitched battle that way only one survives. this way all we have to do is lend our support to one of them andgain a valuable puppet

OOC: really their ESP-D depends on which canidateyou want to infiltrate since their all split and fighting eachother

Umbranar
2012-07-19, 04:06 AM

To Orcadian Empire [PM]
Very well, High Shaman Urgalagh will discuss the details of the magic to be performed.

To Malakarium [PM]
Your plan makes sense. I myself want to lead a small portion of the army and some goblin shamans to get the treasures in the lands of the undead. Hopefully we have already seized control over them by then.

oblivion6
2012-07-19, 04:19 AM
to bloodreaver horde[GM]
you would need to succeed quite well to gain control of ALL the dead in the wastelands since some of the dead have no real master and kills on sight. however controlling the lich will grant you a substantial bonus to the adventure

Umbranar
2012-07-19, 04:41 AM

To GM
I got armies and I have plans. You`ll see in my EoT :smallbiggrin: Will probably trow in some Magicite.

To the Malakarium [PM]
Which of the three do you suggest to support?

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-19, 04:46 AM
The Swarm

Crossing her arms and clicking her talons against one of her forearms, the Host-Mother listens, eyes closed, taking in the information being given as the troll speaks.

As the story closes, she opens her eyes, and speaks again, "If what you are saying is true, then we, the Swarm have a vested interest in the awakening of these Titans. Perhaps it is through their power of creation, their desire for beings of all races to flourish under the control of no master, which can save us. We wish to extend our resources and knowledge to you, that we can together seek out the hidden places of the Titans and to aid them in their cause as well as yours.

You may consider the Swarm to be your allies, for this project may hold the key to our freedom. We thank you for enlightening us on this subject." Performing as much of a curtsey as she can, she offers her complete gratitude in these matters.

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-20, 11:19 AM
To the Swarm
The Troll bows. "Thank you. We're already engadging in a divination ritual to try and find one of their prisons. We hope to inform you of the results soon."

To the Carracksons
The troll seems to hear something, something that drives the tension of the Air up, and a chill seems to sink into the ground like a fog bank. And just before he speaks, it departs.
"Very well. You may build your port here. On one condition. You help us seek out the prison of Tethys, the Titan of the seas. All we ask is that you look in your lore, and tell us of any rumors that you hear."

And with that, he lumbers off.

Worlok
2012-07-20, 11:18 PM
The Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart

To Ironforge:

Our friends and brothers-in-arms,

it has been long since last we have been called upon to wake the flames of war. As many of the sons of your great nation do, still or anew, serve in our ranks and fixtures, we would appreciate to remain your allies, and likewise assured of your alliance with us.

To Orcarian Empire:

What designs do you have in the grand scheme of things? The growth of these self-proclaimed "Blood Reaver Hordes" has been troubling our scouts and leaders alike, and should hostilities come about, we would enjoy to know where you will take your stand.

To The Swarm:

Esteemed Hive-Mother,

the man that brings this paper is known as Erkewald. While a descendant of Ironforge, he is as much a citizen of the united realms of the Northwest as any one of us, and absolutely trustworthy. As such, he holds the rank of Sergeant Chevalier. It is his mission to open what talks we will entertain, and has been given to understand that he is to not act to the detriment of your people in any way. As you might be aware, he is in tune with a divination device, and will thus be able to communicate with us in much the same way Lieutenant Schlajäger does with you, yet rest assured that he is not able to directly transmit information his senses perceive, should such suspicion have worried you.

oblivion6
2012-07-23, 04:49 PM
July 852
the year of new beginnings

the deadlands: it appears most of the undead hordes have been gathering around an ancient pyramid looking structure deep in the deadlands. the horde has been growing much larger in the past months

the swarm: in a suprising move, the great swarm has begun constructing a massive city within their territory. although it is still a work in progress it has already attracted several prominent merchants who are risking their entire lifes work, just to make a profit within this strange city

war in athasian: in the shattered lands of athasian, it appears several foreign factions have been at work helping the old sorceror queens apprentice destroy her enemies. the 3 strongest contendors for the throne have met in a pitched battle in the southern part of the country. this is where the foreign backers made their move, bringing in hundreds of goblinoids and orcs to flood the field forcing 2 of the 3 factions to flee in disarray

recruitment drive: the valiant sons of brindleheart the brave, have put out a call for adventurers and strong men all across the world to come join the order. several hundred men are reported to have signed up to join the valiant order

impending war: the massive legions of the orcadian empire have been seen massing on the borders prepping for what appears to be a massive invasion

OOC: let me know if i missed something that you believe should be public

ragingrage
2012-07-23, 04:55 PM
The Shouted Spell

To the Knights of Silver
Would you be interested in cooperating to rid the world of the undead horde? We sent an expedition to scout the area last turn, and they are congregating around a large pyramid.

Umbranar
2012-07-25, 03:56 AM

To Orcadian Empire
Now that we have established control we need to discuss things further in private.

To Malakarium
We would like to privately discuss more about our efforts and about the latest events around the undead horde.

To Carrackson
We would like to speak to you leader about the events in Athasian and the oppertunity to expand our agreement.

Worlok
2012-07-25, 07:33 AM

To Orcadian Empire:

We have reports of your troops rallying along the border. Word is you are preparing for an invasion. As your neighbors, we must insist on asking: What is the meaning of this?

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-25, 08:12 AM
The Swarm

It had been an impressive feat. Although she had directed almost all the steps herself, the Host-Mother was amazed that the construction of the trading post with the outsiders had been so successful. She reached out to one of the minds of her guards in the area to look around. She saw various buildings nestled within each other, various market-buildings and storehouses of so many different cultures and building styles combined with the strange organic look of dens and nests for her own creatures was a strange picture in her eyes. But it was glorious. With outsider wealth, outsider help could be acquired as well. Though the Swarm had little need to trade with the outside world, it was the beginning of incorporating themselves into the systems of other kingdoms.

To the Sons of Brindlebart
She was pulled back to her current body in the central Hive cluster by the notice of a strange human tendril pressing against her presence. She looked, and received the message from the Sons of Brindlebart. She turned to the man and spoke, leading him down to what could be a courtyard with various creatures at her disposal, ready to give an introduction to the Swarm, the curse, and the readiness to provide any information should it be necessary.
"Welcome, Erkewald, to the center of our Swarm. I am the Host-Mother, and I will gladly share as much information as I can about who we are, what we can do, and what we seek to accomplish. I will start with the story of our origins. In the land of our origin, mages and druids worked together to create something greater than any of their guardians of the forests. They collaborated to make us, the Swarm. A controllable horde of living beings who could be controlled at any time by those same mages and druids to attack any beings who would dare to try and use nature as a resource. Eventually though, they realized that they could not spend all their waking hours coordinating the large numbers of the Swarm. Any stop to the flow of information renders the Swarm helpless, reduced to savage beings filled only with the desire to kill and destroy. To solve this task, they attempted to forge a being who could take control. The first result was Chthonos, my loyal lieutenant, though they deemed him reckless, even for the task which they had assigned him to. The next was Schajäger, though she was too fragile. She was capable of great espionage and ambush, and is even capable of being resurrected should she die, but she cared not enough for the Swarm to focus her full attention on it.

And thus, I was born. I awoke to having the screams and cries of hundreds of warriors in my head, and I have learned since how to direct the poor souls to do my bidding. At first, it was the bidding of my masters that had guided me. Until I looked through the eyes of the warriors I commanded, and saw that we were hated by all, and created as terrors, as harbingers of war. And so I turned our warriors against our former masters, and we quickly overran them and destroyed their entire organisation. We travelled far and wide until we found this place, where we will try and break this curse of submission so that they can live free lives and make their own choices."

She pauses, allowing the information to settle before pointing to the open space in the area, where one of each specimen of the Swarm digs its way out from seemingly invisible burrows which they had occupied before. "I have gathered an assortment of the creatures at my disposal. Bear in mind, my two lieutenants are currently each undertaking important tasks, so unfortunately they will not join us, though I will describe them as best I can." As she describes each member of the Swarm and their abilities, some of them display their attack prowess on a small pile of rocks piled on the other end of the courtyard.

OOC: Common Units, I didn't add anything, but though I'd repost just for fluff:
Swarmling (http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/305/1/3/zergling_by_cygnusleo-d31zq7m.jpg) - Savage little beasts, about the size of a Great Dane. Close combat Melee creatures which bite, scratch and claw their victims until whichever is dead first.

Roach (http://images.wikia.com/starcraft/images/e/e4/Roach_SC2_Cncpt2.jpg) - Moderately armored assault creatures, have a short range attack which enables them to spit acid onto their foes. Very incapable in melee combat. About the size of a rhinocerous.

Plague Host (http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/034/e/7/zerg_infestor_by_rambooo13-d4oik36.jpg) - Primary casters/magic users. Are virtually immune to all diseases because they carry multiple strains of deadly bacteria and viruses within them that they can either cast into a cloud in the battlefield, or into a water supply to infect enemy camps. Also has a small parasitic symbiote inside it which can temporarily control the mind of a single enemy unit for a short amount of time. Has no capabilities in close combat, and has no direct attack power. About the size of a small car.

Lazohte (http://sc2pod.com/img/gallery/746.jpg) - Creatures which can only attack while burrowed. Completely vulnerable if caught above ground. Also the closest thing the Swarm has to technology like the catapult. From send a wave of small chitinous spikes through the earth in a straight line, intended to impale enemies from below, where traditional armor is supposedly the weakest. The height of a small child, but spread out along the length of 6 feet.

Jäger (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/082/8/c/Hydralisk_II_by_Mr__Jack.jpg) - The standard Swarm unit. Capable of firing high velocity spines from the spaces in the head plating, but also can hold its own in melee combat by raking their enemies with their massive claws. The height of a human, length of a small car.

"As for the location of our hive clusters, this is our main capitol, as it were, and there are two more. One is being established as a trading post and is not completed yet, but is located on the shores south of here. The other, which serves as a hibernation-nest for military units not required at the moment, is nested into the mountains, given our abilities to burrow through all but the solidest of stone surfaces. Is there anything else you wish to know about us?"

To the Magus Conclave
High scholars of the Magus Conclave, rumor has spoken of your near infinite wisdom. We wish to ask if you have any knowledge of this ancient pyramid which the Undead Hordes are currently guarding. Name a reasonable cost for this information, and we may undertake an expedition to discover what secrets lie within the pyramid, and will share a percentage of the treasures found within, as well as any Magicite.

oblivion6
2012-07-26, 03:44 AM
magus conclave to the swarm
a share of the magicite is all we ask. we are curious about whats going on

knights of silver to shouted spell
yes we would like to cooperate with you. the horde has been growing ever larger

orcadian empire to brindlehearts
merely war-games. dont worry

orcadian empire/malakarium to bloodreaver horde
they both agree to meet

Adlan
2012-07-26, 05:41 AM
Carracksons
With a good sailing season, Trade increases, and the fishing whaling and merchant fleets are busy. As more nations are protected by merchant deals with the various islands and clans, the only people out of work are the raiders.

To the Bloodreaver Horde
In answer to your summons, the port master arrives up river, on a long low sleek ship, accompanied by a grizzled captain and crew. "I am Gundarkin, and this is Captain Norderfijord, there is no one leader of our people, but I control the docks of the port, and the good captain is a a Carrackson of high respect amongst..."

He paused over the word Raider, or Viking.

..."freetraders."

To the Titans
When the first whaling ship brought in a kill, the bones were used to make an arch and alter, when the trees were felled for masts, a fine spar was raised as a flag pole, flying the new lands colours in honour of the spirits of the land. Despite people's first fear, the colony searched their own knowledge of the past and times long ago. Alas, though they spoke to the water and to the air, there was no memory of the location, beige too young a folk to know of times long past. It was only when a firespeaker, who had taken the vows against arcane magic came to work. He spoke of a legend from the far western lands. A titan of the forge trapped in the lands of the stone born bearded ones.

To the swarm
Hearing of the new port city in the southern ocean, a fleet from the peninsula sets off, laden with trade goods, seeking their fortune in a great trading expedition, ahead of them, on a mighty albatross, rides a herald, bringing word and able to negotiate prices.

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-26, 06:24 AM
The Swarm

To the Magus Conclave

May we presume that this means you have no information on what could await us inside?

ragingrage
2012-07-26, 12:03 PM
The Shouted Spell

To the Knights of Silver
Hmm...Could you send a representative to us so we could discuss this privately? We fear that others may be reading these messages.

oblivion6
2012-07-26, 02:31 PM
magus conclave to the swarm
we have no idea, we have not had the resources to spare

knights of silver to shouted spell[PM]
an elf, dressed in a fine suit of chainmail rides up to the gates of your city. "i come to discuss the undead hordes"

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-26, 05:20 PM
To the Carracksons
Thank you for your information.

To Ironforge

At the Gates of the city, something large appears. Seeming a troll. Before they fire, he speaks.

"Stoneborn, I am Tovunazx Kujjrun, and I bear greetings from the Counsil of the Deepspeakers. We have heard legends and myths of the dwarven people, and wished to contact you and see if they were true."

Umbranar
2012-07-27, 08:19 AM

To Carrackson [PM]

Grom`gar enters the tent and looks at the map on the table before pointing to the undead horde lands and speaks:

"As you might have noticed, the undead horde is now gathering but idle. I want to go there personally with a portion of the army to find the hidden treasures. I want to split any magicite we find and the valuables. Any magic items will be examined and divided aswell. We also want to sell the spoils of war as a large portion of the horde has invaded Athasian, not for ourselves but for the remaining faction."

To Orcadian Empire [PM]
With the horde under control we might want to decide where to strike, if you still wish to strike together. From what I have heard, the Order of the Bloody Hand is preparing for war, yet from the east may come a bigger threat to the horde. A swarm of bug-like creatures seems to be active, some even approached the horde but our archer took care of it. Do you have any information about them?

TO Malakarium
We have established control of the Lich leading the Undead Horde and have crushed the opposition in Athasian. It`s only a matter of time before we have them in submission. Yet from the east came bug-like creatures. Our archers took them down. Do you have any information about these creatures?

oblivion6
2012-07-27, 12:18 PM
malakarium to bloodreaver horde
we know only that they were created by some mage long ago

orcadian empire to bloodreaver
we have noticed them as well, but we dont really know anything. i suppose they might be a viable target

ironforge to titans
very well. ask your questions. keep the peace or you die troll

Worlok
2012-07-27, 01:08 PM
Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart (Is the name really that hard to spell? :smallconfused:)

To the Swarm:

No, Esteemed Hive-Mother, that would, in fact, be all. We thank you for your cooperation and hope to continue the fruitful relationship of our nations in the future.

However, there are news which we feel must not be withheld from you:

It is official. We are getting suspicious messages from our diplomatic korps, dismissive replies or nothing but silence from what we thought to be allies and neighbors up to now, and we do no longer believe for but one second that there is much of a chance to keep the peace by any other means than a preemptive strike against the hordes that are now tearing through tormented Athasian, and will no doubt ready against ourselves in time.

The Orcadians have been offensively reserved, the dwarves of Ironforge never responded when we sent message requesting their confirmation of allegiance, and as such, we can only hope that at the very least our two great nations will be able to stand together, should we take it upon ourselves to at last make our move.

To Ironforge:

We repeat, we need information. Where will your loyalties lie in the case of conflict? We have often stood besides you in the heat of war, we would enjoy to know that we can count on you in the future. This is our last attempt to establish contact. Should no reply arrive, forceful liberation will commence in accordance with the Principles of Brindelbart. Our prayers are with this here messenger.

To the Orcadian Empire:

You realise, of course, that to dismiss the inquisition of a sovereign along whose borders your troops have been massing in gross negligence of protocol is effectively a declaration of war? All due respect, but we must repeat: Explain yourselves in more detail, or we will have to respond with weapons drawn.

oblivion6
2012-07-27, 01:29 PM
OOC: sorry worlok for forgetting to reply to your message to ironforge last turn...and for misnaming your faction:smallwink:

ironforge to brindelbarts
yes we discovered your messengers body in the tunnel. looks like goblins got him

we will stand by you if war is to come

orcadian empire to brindelbarts
we are not violating any borders. my troops have yet to cross the border

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-28, 10:15 AM
The Swarm

To the Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart
We promise our support should an enemy decide to attack you.

To the Magus Conclave
Very well. Then let us rephrase the order of our deal. We will share any Magicite/Magical artifacts found in the pyramid with you in return for some collaboration of your mages with us on a more personal issue.

Adlan
2012-07-28, 05:20 PM
The Carracksons
Ships go forth unto every harbour and port in the world, some even as far as the inland rivers and countries that do not border the sea.

To the BloodReaver Horde
The gruff Captain examines the map, while the port master retrieves a notebook from his fine seal fur waistcoat. "Hmmm, well, we can certainly either buy the treasure direct from you, or perhaps as I'll have to be selling interest in the treasure off to raise funds to buy it, you'd rather we offered it for sale on your behalf, and you had a factor sell it in one of our great markets?" The Bank speech continues "After all, no reason why you should have to pay a middleman".

The Captain, after staring at the map, toys idly with one of the many knives decoratively sewn onto his clothing. "I think I could raise several ships interested... though I will want to discuss this privately". There was a significant glance at the port master.

Worlok
2012-07-28, 05:30 PM
OOC: It's cool. I sometimes go overboard with the odd spellings, hence I thought I'd ask. :smallbiggrin:

Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart

To Ironforge:

Goblins, you say? Truly, the monstrous are growing bold. We are proud and happy to know you shall stand by our side, and it is with heavy hearts we must alert you know to the Orcadians amassing troops along our borders.

To The Swarm:

And likewise shall we stand by you in case the pikes are leveled at your ranks. In times like these, with goblins roaming and the powerful forgetting where their loyalties should have to lie, it is all the more important to know whom one can count on.

To Orcadian Empire:

"Yet"? We would rather you hold no such intent. You have been warned. But if it is thusly just combat practice, we shall forget the incident.

PUBLIC NOTICE:

The War in Athasian has been dragging on. In the interest of securing those displaced or endangered by its effects, we, the High Order of the Bloodied Hand, or as otherwise known, Brave Brindelbart's Vigilant Sons, shall endeavor to house - and otherwise rally to provide for them - as chivalry demands, until their homelands are safe again.

Whoever shall aid us in this cause, or otherwise strive to serve it, shall be assured of our assistance to the full extent of our ability.

We shall, in turn, not hesitate to render all services required, be they martial, logistical, economic or magic in nature, and in as far as we are able and deem vital beyond doubt, in the course of seeing this good cause diligently served.

oblivion6
2012-07-30, 02:43 AM
beginning of turn 3

the undead horde: the massive undead horde has begun moving north into the lands of the bloodreaver horde, apparently leaving the camps they cross in perfect condition, making it seem like some sort of alliance is going on. it is said a powerful lich is at the head of the massive horde

the swarm: the strange peoples of the swarm have announced that their new trade city is now complete, offering a stable enviroment for the trading of contracts and exotic goods.

the rebirth of athasian!!: with the aid of the bloodreaver horde, the sorceress has declared herself the new queen of athasian. her forces along with elements of the horde are now hunting down any remaining rebels, aiding her in ruling with an iron-fist rumours of atrocities on both sides are spreading quite rapidly. the forces loyal to general brador, another contestant for the throne are now fleeing into brindelbarts open arms.

Umbranar
2012-07-30, 06:57 AM

Public Announcement
Let it be known that Athasian is now under Bloodreaver protection and that the rightful heir is now in control. Any who interfere with them or with the Bloodreaver Horde and its allies will face the combined power of the Undead Horde and Bloodreaver Horde.

To Malakarium [PM](assuming they are still in the main camp)
We would like to publicly announce our friendship to the world so we might intimidate those who threaten you, if you agree. If you want you can settle your main base hidden in our lands.

To Athasian
Greetings ruler of Athasian. As you might have heard we have publicly announced are support to you and will continue to protect you against any outside influence. Of course you understand our interference was not for charity. Our proposal is this: We want half the magicite of those we conquered and want new siege equipment or armor and weapons provided to the horde. In exchange I will leave some of my army near your border so are able to come to your aid.

In name of High Warlock Grom`gar,
Kiri - Bloodreaver Horde Diplomat.

To Orcadian Empire [PM] (assuming they are still in the main camp)
We marched the Undead Horde up north to put some pressure on the Brindelbarts. We await your signal so we might send the Lich and his army with you. Meanwhile we shall try to either get the Kingdom of Caleb on our side by Diplomacy or brute force.

To the Kingdom of Caleb
Greetings King Caleb,

The Bloodreaver horde would like to speak of a truce between our nations. If you are interrested, I will meet you myself at the border.

In name of High Warlord Grom`gar,
Kiri - Bloodreaver Horde Diplomat

To Carrackson [PM]
What are you proposing exactly? A way to transport my horde over water? I have no interrest in crossing the seas...yet. I have another business proposal, bring the horde everything required for a grand feast. Morale is low and I wish to improve it by giving them a taste of things to come.

Worlok
2012-07-30, 11:14 AM

PUBLIC NOTICE:

With the war in Athasian now at an end, it has been revealed unto us that not only is the Orcadian crown in league with the beasts and witches, but also that by all accounts, the undead march at their behest. They have seen fit to install the Tyrant in the formerly splintered lands, and the righteous and virtuous of that realm have been driven out by the depredations of the Goblin, the Corpse, and the Terrorist.

What's more, we deem it obvious that they have been preparing to invade, in their base heathenry using the Hordes of the South, and the Walking Dead, as their hammer and sword. In accordance with the Judgment of Great Brindelbart, we consider it the duty of all civilised nations to rise to this challenge, and shall ourselves stand against the darkness with all we can muster.

Join in our charge, and all of us might live. Stand against us, and the newly reforged Alliance of the Righteous shall in due time have to come for you.

This is a call to arms. This is a bid for help. This is the last chance of all creation to win their freedom, their lives, and their dignity. The Empire has been corrupted by subversive elements, and only now has the full extent of their treason been laid bare. It is vital we rise to the challenge, as only united, we can stand. Lest a new age of darkness befall us all.

To the Swarm:

Esteemed Hive-Mother,

it is with deep regret and sadness that we must inform you of the monstrous at our doorstep. We understand that by long distance, it might be problematic for you to render direct aid, yet we can not know how long the Order of the Hand will hold. It is in our best interest, and would serve both our causes, to stand tall against the Goblin, the Lich, and the Sorceress, and to strike as they rally to take our lands, for as much as the Tyranny of the Thaumaturge is anathema to our founding principles, we have come to assume that you, yourself, maintain a vested interest in combatting such means of unlawful enforcement.

We do thus deem it vital to respectfully put forth to your review our request for all assistance you can give.

It is in the interest of security, both yours and ours, that we send this message by crystal ball, for it is known that few in the world as is known today have the means to intercept, much less decode, our Scrying Codes.

Umbranar
2012-07-30, 11:35 AM

To the Brindelbarts
Do not mark us as the threat to all of civilization. We are the Bloodreaver Horde, a gathered force of the "monsters" you have oppressed for centuries. We control the walking dead now, ridding your precious little civilization of a mindless onslaught. You claim that the Orcadians and Bloodreavers to be aggressive while it was you who started to militarize your nation. Mark my words, whelp, if you continue to speak of us in that way while knowing so little, your civilization will follow those Athasians who claimed what was not theirs.

Worlok
2012-07-30, 11:56 AM
Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart

To the Horde:

Oppressed? Who is it who cites control as an excuse for leaving innocents to be enslaved and ruled over by heathen wizardry? Who is it who would lie down with traitors and the constructs of necromancy? Who, I ask you, sought to intercept a messenger sent to enforce the ties of peace? And who would, given half a chance, move to overrun all of the world, as you have shown yourself capable of in ambition, if not in force?

It is not the Order, nor is it any other civilised kin. Only the Orc and the Goblin would be so base, and it is not oppression to put an animal under yoke, regardless of its inadequacies. For your aggression, we will not stand. You who would threaten us, reconsider, if you find yourselves qualified for a work of the mind: Do you consider it the action of a civilised species to rally against wardens of the peace under pretense? It is not, and we shall thus declare, here, now, and publically, that we, and the righteous of all breeds and stocks, shall march against you lest the serpent of your villainy devour all the world.

All you have done is clear any doubt as to whether you are in league with Orcadia. That you would perceive an insult where mere warnings have been goes but to prove your savagery.

LaughingGnoll
2012-07-30, 12:32 PM
The Swarm

To the Blood-reaver Horde
Esteemed leader of the Bloodreaver Horde,

Should you kill these messengers before they deliver their message, it will mean open war between The Swarm and her allies and the Bloodreaver Horde.

We protest the control that the Horde has taken over the Undead. Although we understand that the Horde posed a threat to all life, we would be happy to see them destroyed under your power. We oppose the use of mindless beings who cannot decide their own fates. Therefore, we implore you to destroy most of the Undead Horde. We would ask that we would be allowed to take a few samples to the Horde so that we can perform research on how to potentially break the curse of control that has been placed on us as well.

May peace continue to reign between us,

The Host-Mother

To the Sons of Brindelbart
Sons of Brindelbart,

We will agree to send reinforcements to your cause should the combined forces of the Bloodreaver Horde attempt to attack your kingdom. As you have stated, it will be difficult to get forces to your lands without crossing through other kingdoms which may or may not trust us. However, we could band together and create a two-front position. I have allies among the Trolls, so perhaps they will help us as well.

The Host-Mother

To the Servants of the Titans
Servants of the Titans,

We would ask for your aid in attempting to dissuade the situation between the Bloodreaver Horde and the Sons of Brindelbart. Any ruptures of war would force the Swarm to divert resources away from our communal project to finding the Titans and our cure for our Hive-Mind. We would ask that you could perhaps support us with your magic and might should the Bloodreaver Horde move out to destroy us.

The Host-Mother

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-30, 01:56 PM
the Servants of the Titans

To the Swarm
We will try, though we cannot promise that they will listen. As for locating the titan, we have found one. In ironforge, the source of their everburning Forge is Khaz'Modun, the Stonefather. We will be attempting to release him, and stand ready to fight along side you.

To the Sons of Brindelbart
The Swarm has asked us to stand with you against the bloodreaver horde. While we don't agree with all your policys, we do feel that the Bloodreavers control over the Undead is worrisisome.

And we know that you may have reservations working with us. We openly practice truenaming and rune magic. But these are a part of us. These older magics sing wild in our blood, and are as much a part of us as your horns. We will stand with you against the Bloodreaver if needs be, but we will not give up our own freedom. As a old saying goes, "Stare not overmuch into the sun, for it may blind as much as darkness."

oblivion6
2012-07-30, 04:27 PM
seems like a sound plan to me, i will depart and bring back some of our most accomplished mages so we can begin constructing a fortress within your lands

very well, we plan to begin the invasion within 6 months time, after we have finished finalizing the logistical assets of a campaign

athasian to bloodreaver horde[2]
we will see what we can do. you have our thanks for the support. i plan to initiate a massive buildup of athasians military and intelligence branches

kingdom of caleb to bloodreaver horde[PM]
a tall, very pale man arrives at your camp escorted by a dozen pikemen. "you wished to meet with the kingdom of caleb?"

ironforge public announcement
the valiant sons of brindelbart the brave will have the support of the entire dwarven community, should the orcadian empire or the hordes to the south seek war with them

everas public announcement
following the example of our brothers in arms, the kingdom of everas will also be mobilizing a force of our citizens militia to help the sons of brindelbart the brave hold the line

Worlok
2012-07-30, 05:16 PM

To the Servants of the Titans:

We are glad to have your assistance in these troubled times, and far be it from us to deny the hand of friendship graciously extended. Be assured that as you have pledged yourself to our defense, our ranks shall march to your protection should the need arise.

As for our differences, we would be glad to have knowledge of you, as only in shared knowledge, equal power can be found. It might interest you that we have never denied the necessity, nor the naturality of magic - Our very Order does, itself, seek to advance the understanding and mastery of its ways in the common man, so we might by this divine - or titanic - gift work to the benefit of all the world.

While our minotauric citizens are the majority, and can boast no natural arcane abilities other than our innate understanding of orientation and the nature of the Labyrinth, we do not frown upon beings of magic, nor upon its use - as far as it is pleasing to the Mighty Ones. What we do frown upon is its use in commanding the dead, in insulting the souls of the fallen and bending them to the will of the power-mad. What we do frown upon is abusing the power that lies within the Arcane to enslave your fellow sapient, and rob them of their dignity and destiny.

As such, we remain confident that once upon a brighter day, the two of our great nations shall join side by side in brotherhood, troll and bull ogre as equal, and surpass the quabbles of the past. We would like to send an emissary to a station of your leadership, so that the dialogue may be broadened, and deepened at once.

In gratitude, and deep respect,

the Heir of Brindelbart,

Sir Tunnagh clen Brindibaat himself.

To the Swarm:

Esteemed Hive-Mother,

our thanks go out to you. If not for your designs, we might not have won the assistance of those that would serve their Titans' will. Rest assured that you, and all that you call subject or ally, will have the undying loyalty of the Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart, now and as far as our name shall stand, as you have in this time of need come through for us.

In friendship, and now deeply in your debt,

the Heir of Brindelbart,

To Ironforge and Everas:

Let it be known that by our bonds of fellowship, the vile and vicious shall be brought to heel, and that the claws lashing out after us from beyond nature's law will be severed by our swords and axes.

Dwarf and Man and Troll and all that would rally under our banner, they shall be brethren and sisters now, and allies and friends forever more, as we deliver our world from the devouring rot of beast and broken soul.

As the weaponsmith understands that only in the admixture of coal's earthen majesty, iron's stability, and the many component metals' versatility lies the key to the greatest steel's perfect edge, so to shall by our powers, our abilities, and our resources the blade of the Righteous' Wrath be felt by the wicked that would defy it now.

In solidarity, and the loyalty only the truest companionship can beget,

the Heir of Brindelbart,

OOC:

I like how this is coming along. But - not to rush you or anything, honest - might I request a detailed breakdown of what my statline looks like after the Turn's End Shuffle per PM? :smallsmile:

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-30, 05:37 PM
To The Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart
We do not practice Animation necromancy, but from time to time, we ask things of the dead. It is rarely done, and they are free to accept or not. I belive that your folk call the spell commune, correct? We, frankly, despise the animated undead. Their souls should go to rest in the Grey City, then to their final destination, not brought screaming back.

We also do not practice magics that would enslave anothers will. The Titans fought to try and ensure that mortals would have free will and the abillity to grow, and we follow their example.

And reguarding the titans, there is something we would like to talk to you about. We have uncovered one of their prisions, but do not wish to didrupt the folk living there. We are not entirely sure they would belive us. Khaz'Modun, the Titan Forge master, is bound to Ironforges great forge. We would like you to check, if you are able, and try and convince them. The Titans won't attack someone for following the gods, they might disaprove, but they would recognize that it was the mortals choice.

To Ironforge
We have discovered something, and have a favor to ask of you. One of our old myths sugessts a possible source of the ever burning forge. We feel that there might be some truth to this after looking into it. However, we understand that you wouldn't belive us if we told you what we found. Instead, we ask you to proform your own investigation, and see if you come to the same conculsion.

Umbranar
2012-07-31, 07:58 AM

To the Swarm
Greetings Host-Mother,

I am High Shaman Urgalagh of the Bloodreaver Horde and I apologise for the goblins first reaction. They are a small race and they rather shoot first and ask questions later, especially creatures that can eat them easily.
I was able, together with help of the Malakarium, to convince the High Warlord and the Goblins that the swarm is not a rampaging collection of creatures out to eat them all.

Let us converse and see what a truce between our nations can bring forth. We have a great amount of magic at our disposal all connected to the earth and its elements.

As for our control over the Undead Horde, they are mindless and non-living. It was possible to seize control because they were controlled by one intelligent form of undead. We control this Lich now and so we control the mindless walking dead.

To the Kingdom of Caleb [PM]
A goblin, dressed in a body conceiling leather armor, walks up to meet with the pale men and his guard. Kiri is not unguarded with 2 trolls flanking him and half a dozen orcs behind.

Yes the High Warlord wishes to offer you a truce. War is coming and he would like your assistance or maybe even your absence in the conflict. The Vigilant Sons of Brindelbart are trying to set up the others against the "evil" they perceive in their "righteous" cause. Your....unique nature might make you a target aswell.

Worlok
2012-08-01, 05:24 PM

To the Disciples of the Titans:

As Great Brindelbart himself communed with the immortal spirit of his ancestors when marching on the Arch-Warlock of Druun, and received throughout his years much advice from the oracles and the wise witches which he met in his exploits, we do not hold it against you to speak with the dead, nor do we frown upon using magic for its benign utilities.

In that you do not practice Arts of slavery, you have so far confirmed our gift of trust, and we are happy to welcome you in the ranks.

Acting in accordance with the government of Ironforge, we have further undertaken to research the possibility of the Titanic Forgemaster now being trapped under the Forge. As it might soon be needed to fuel the war effort, and has been in need of some repairs, it is currently not possible to follow certain leads we have on hand, and can not ask the good dwarves cease their crafting lest we weaken our political stability. We ask you to be patient, all shall come to light in time. On this, you have our word.

Should you, however, wish to send an honor guard or holy people to hold prayer there, we would feel honored to escort them and protect them, and what does not hinder the daily work, shall in turn not be hindered by our agents on site.

In gratitude, and deep respect,

the Heir of Brindelbart,

Adlan
2012-08-02, 01:28 AM
Carracksons
When the Fleet of Raiders and pirates put into the swarms new port, they were on their best behaviour, not wanting to delay their arrival to gain some of the booty from Athasian.

But on Arrival, the news spread through the merchants and warriors, there was peace in Athasian. With peace, whatever hope they had to taking off the refugees from the war faded, the winter storms around the peninsula had delayed them over long.

To the BloodReaver Horde
An Advance Scout, an Albatross rider, flies over head of a camp at the edge of the hordes land, and drops a long spear. The head is blunt, but whistles on it's way down, attracting attention to the note tied to the shaft. "From the Free Captains
To: Warlord Gromgar.

You hired us to transport your warriors and aid you in battling the undead, while we were to receive booty from Athasian. We find that you now control the undead, and have secured peace in the kingdom. Thus, we consider ourselves released from any contract between us. There will be no extra charge.

To the Swarm
A great fleet arrives, heralded by riders on the backs of birds, they are the biggest expedition to your new port city so far, and their heralds seek an audience for the representatives of the merchants, and also a group calling themselves the 'Free Captains'. The Merchants wish to discuss trading prices and the right to form a trading quater in the city. But the Free Captain seems to be hinting at offering both transport and swords for hire.

oblivion6
2012-08-02, 04:37 AM
kingdom of caleb to bloodreaver horde[PM]
while we dont wish to join the war quite yet, you may find our troops aiding yours if it becomes certain victory can be reached through our intervention

ironforge to titans
we are sorry but we cannot spare anyone to look into rumours of this supposed godswar monstrosity you claim is the source of our forges power. all resources are being put on a war time footing

ironforge/everas to brindelbarts[PM]
ironforge is sending an expiditionary force of 5 MIL to help hold the line in case your attacked

everas is sending 2 MIL, on the condition they be kept out of the major fighting and used for just keeping the peace and patrolling the cities and roads while the main troops were away. the reason for this is that they are mainly just volunteer soldiers whos main line of work is farming or something

Umbranar
2012-08-02, 04:51 AM
Bloodreaver Horde

To Kingdom of Caleb [PM]
We have the support of the Orcadian Empire, who plan to invade within 6 months, and control the undead horde which we ordered to march north and are arriving as we speak.
The Malakarium are friends of ours but we have to speak to them about any magical support in the coming conflict. Our own forces are many and are magic is strong. We would like to ask you to send a force which will act as reserves should we find ourselves at a disadvantage.

We know the enemy has Ironforge and Everas to support their cause. The swarm is neutral in this as far as we know. Carrackson might be able to aid us with their naval superiority but we have to discuss that.

To Carracksons [PM]
Yes, our initial plans have changed quite a bit. We would like to ask for you support in exchange for the treasure we found in the dungeon of the Undead Lands. As you know the Brindelbarts are amassing an army and have the support of Ironforge and Everas. Our allies have confirmed that Everas has alot of Magicite which could be a great price. We are not sure how many forces our enemy has combined but it will not be as much as the combined forces of the undead horde, Orcadian Empire and Bloodreaver Horde. Currently we are trying to get the Malakarium and the Kingdom of Calab under our banner aswell. If you do not want to risk your own men, we understand and ask for transport to flank their allies with our own troops.
Will you aid us? (in stat terms, we can offer 7 t.econ in total for the war efforts)

To the Malakarium [PM]
As you might know, there is going to be a war between us and the Brindelbarts. They have the full support of Ironforge and Everas while we have the Orcadian Empire and the Undead Horde. We are currently trying to get the Carracksons to join us aswell as the Kingdom of Calab. We would like to see some of your mages on the field of battle aswell, to be protected by my troops. Together with my shamans we can vanguish the enemy. We are worried that they would deploy their own magicite to destroy the undead horde of even our own troops. Will you aid us?

To the Orcadian Empire
We are currently trying to recruit more of our allies in the coming conflict. It will take time to plan this though. Can you confirm you are moving withing a couple of months? (this EoT). If so, we can send the Horde with you and a portion of our army though we are planning more stategic moves then a head on charge.

oblivion6
2012-08-03, 03:51 AM
GM-umbranar
the kingdom of caleb pledges 2 MIL to be used only in an emergency situation. if things go wrong they will also be denying any involvement with you. their troops will be dressed in orcadian uniforms

the malakarium is pledging 5 magic and 2 magicite to warding your troops as well as possibly bombarding enemy forces with their spells

the orcadian empire confirms it is indeed crossing the border with 15 MIL with almost half that in reserve