PDA

View Full Version : Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

The-Mage-King
2012-07-14, 01:45 AM
It had taken longer than you expected to get out of that cave, being nearly daybreak as you made your first steps out of the cool, dark entrance. Finally having a chance to breath, and light good enough to see in, you unwrap the objects handed to you, finding... A hexagonal gem in each cloth, each gem a different color, but glowing with some inner power.

Of course...

The crunch of several feet on the grass outside of the cave is audible, and looking up, you see an unpleasant sight.

A half dozen of the beings you saw in pods, standing there, looking at you.

Now that you can get a better look at them, they're almost seem made of mirrors, carefully pieced together to form a humanoid whole.

And as they notice you looking at them, they all drop into readied stances, raising their fists in preperation for the fight...

Roll initiative.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnL09uHZcJwhdDNNQjVXQ0E0dUJ5bERtblNiNzRCc mc#gid=0). Pick anywhere between G4 and J5 as where you start.

I'm rolling the monsters' intitiative as a group, since they're all the same. [roll0]

Larpus
2012-07-14, 02:24 AM
The changeling halts surprised by the weird creatures that gather. For now he remains looking like a big and strong half orc of orange skin with a tiger-like tattoo on his body, shirtless, but wearing a mask on his face.

"What the...we're outnumbered! You two, get ready to run to our right, I'll try to hold the aberration and make pass, but we ought to get away!"

I'll stand at H5, given Travis' personality he's probably taking the front to protect the others.

I'll wait to make anything for real until everyone has rolled initiative, but I plan on tackling and grappling Speigel 1 at E5 unless someone gives me a different idea. I'll save the rolling for the next post.

But here goes nothing for my initiative...[roll0]

LoneMage210
2012-07-14, 09:56 AM
"Right" Marya confirmed, as her Stage Outfit (an elegant Gothic Lolita-style outfit) was torn and scarred up from dust and rocks. She doesn't seem to mind the tears and such though, as her hand is glowing purple, as if she's ready to blast her way out of these guys and out to civilization... too bad their horses made a run for it when these Speigels appeared, it would have made their escape much more easier... but for now, she'll trust the judgement of the Half-Orc...

Alright, deploy spot is I4, Marya wants to stand back a bit, blasting stuff from a safe distance, she'll be falling behind slightly for it. At the same time, the moment Speigel 6 starts moving, I'll start blasting stuff.

[roll0] for Init.

THEChanger
2012-07-15, 05:45 PM
Fernando Vela scanned the area about him, and his hand immediately went to his holster. The group was surrounded, and Fernando relied on his instincts. Shoot first, ask questions later. Quick as a flash, Feernando pulled the trigger on his pistol, letting a ball loose at one of the mirror-creatures to the right. "Clearing a path. Let's move."

Deploying to H4, right behind Travis. Move action to draw my pistol, then attacking Spegeil #3.

To Hit-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

Larpus
2012-07-15, 08:28 PM
Travis claps his hands together and uses Fernando's shot as the "go" sign, rushing towards the mirror monster and throws a haymaker at it so the others may pass.

"You two, go while I keep this thing busy!"

Charging to F5, attempting to stun fist Speigel 1. Rolls are in the OoC

LoneMage210
2012-07-15, 09:41 PM
"Right, time to make our escape..." Marya spoke as she starts shaping her spell, her power ready to blast one of it's buddies to make her way out of this place... "But if those guys try to cut us off, we may need to fight..." she said as she unleases Vision of Failure against the third Spegiel.

[roll0] against Speigel 3
[roll1] (Confirmation)
[roll2] (If it hits, also Speigel must make a Will Save DC 14)
[roll3] (If it Crits)

The-Mage-King
2012-07-16, 08:27 PM
Fernando's shot hits the third Spieglemänner evenly in its left shoulder, a horrible screeching sound escaping from it as the glass around the hole cracks, while Marya's pulse of magic goes clear past it, impacting on a tree and leaving a frozen chunk of burned wood where it hit.

The first Spieglemänner barely has a chance to move as Travis' fist imbeds itself in its chest and it explodes into small shards. (Dead)

The others, gibbering in their screeching tongue, start to converge on the luchadore, though two head towards the gunman...

And all flail uselessly, missing with whatever attacks they try to make.

Marya gets an AoO on Speiglemänner 2 or 5.

Fernando gets an AoO on Speiglemänner 2

Travis gets an AoO on Speiglemänner 3

Attacks:

Speiglemänner 2 @Fernando

To hit: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Speiglemänner 3 @Travis

To hit: [roll2]

Damage: [roll3]

Speiglemänner 4 @Travis

To hit: [roll4]

Damage: [roll5]

Speiglemänner 5 @Fernando

To hit: [roll6]

Damage: [roll7]

Speiglemänner 6 @Travis

To hit: [roll8]

Damage: [roll9]

LoneMage210
2012-07-16, 09:20 PM
The Idol's attack missing, she starts swinging her flimsy fist at the Spiegel while also starting to Shape herself right into Melee, though trained in such manner of blasting, she doesn't really want to do this unless really really nessary... "Sorry there but... maybe you should chill out..." she said as she tries to get out of one Speigel's reach and blasts his buddy with Icy Glaze.

"So much for the original plan of making a run for it..."

[roll0] AoO against Speigel 5's Flatfoot AC
[roll1] If it connects

Taking a 5 foot step to J4 then Ice Glaze.

[roll2] Ice Glaze @ Speigel 5, taking appliable AoOs
[roll3] If it connects, Speigel 5 must make a DC 15 Acrobatics check or fall prone

Larpus
2012-07-17, 08:41 AM
Travis dodges the first two speigels' attacks, parrying the third's with one of his hands and quickly throwing a counter-punch to its "jaw".

"At least they break easy enough!"

He says that as his arm flies against the next speigel in line's "jaw" with the back of his hand, without checking if the attack against the previous speigel was effective or not.

AoO against speigel 6: [roll0], if it hits, the damage is [roll1]

Attack against speigel 4: [roll2], if it hits, the damage is [roll3]

THEChanger
2012-07-18, 08:34 AM
Fernando quickly reloaded his pistol, and retrained it on one of the mirror-men threatening Travis. "They're made of glass. What did you expect?" Another bullet whizzed forward, and the object which the old man had handed Fernando pulsed a brilliant golden color. "Anyone have any ideas as to what these things do?"

Move Action to reload. Shooting Spegeil #6.

To Hit-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

The-Mage-King
2012-07-18, 01:47 PM
The idol's blow hits the Speiglemänner solidly in the chest, shattering the mirror-like being easily.

As she forms her spellshape, the gunslinger's reloading draws the attention of the 5th Speiglemänner, with it letting loose an attack wildly.

All of the luchadore's attacks miss, through the creatures dodging fairly easily.

With the 6th one sliding into a flanking position, they resume their flurry of attacks

AoO on Fernando
Speiglemänner 5
Attack: [roll0]

Attacks

Speiglemänner 3 @Travis
Flanking
Attack: [roll2]

Speiglemänner 4 @Travis
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Speiglemänner 5 @Marya
Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Speiglemänner 6 @Travis
Flanking- took five foot step to G5
Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Travis takes 12 damage

Marya takes 3 damage

LoneMage210
2012-07-18, 03:03 PM
"Your guess..." she said after taking a punch all too badly, taking the time to charge up her hand full of Negative energy... "Is as good as mine..." she said, as she touches the Speiglemänner with a Vitality Drain attack, clawing into it's armor to drain it of it's lifeforce, then manuvers around so she can get some distance in for additional Spellshape Attacks.

[roll0] Melee Touch To Speigle 5, using Vitality Drain
[roll1] If it hits, also Marya heals [roll2]

She then takes a Five Foot step to J4

Larpus
2012-07-18, 10:56 PM
Travis lets his attention slip as his punches fail to give any effect to the creatures, allowing them to hit them square, making the changeling quite angry in the process.

"Blasted things...why don't you just shatter and die?!"

With that his fist flies against the one weakened by Fernando's bullet, in hopes to lessen the number of enemies on top of himself.

Attacking speigel 3: [roll0], if it hits, the damage is [roll1]
If it's dead, I'll 5-foot step to its position (E5)

THEChanger
2012-07-19, 08:35 PM
Once more, Fernando reloaded, and shot a bullet at the nearest monster threatening Travis. This was getting tiresome. Sure, once you hit them they went down like flies, but there were so many of them.

The pulsing from the wrapped object grew even brighter. Fernando had to squint in order to aim right. What was this thing?

Move Action Reload. Attacking Spegeil #6.

To Hit-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

The-Mage-King
2012-07-19, 11:19 PM
Marya's touch of negative energy strikes home, the fifth Speigelmänner taking on a grey color before shattering.

As Travis punch heads in, the mirror-like being simply hops backwards, throwing off the attacks aim.

Then Fernando's shot rang out, catching the sixth in the forehead, causing it to break apart.

As the remaining two move carefully, and nervously, by the looks of it, a slow clapping is heard throughout the area.

"Well done. Very well done." A brightly dressed man says, stepping out from what appears to be a fold in space. "I wouldn't have thought that the fool knew what he was doing, when he promised me a good fight in the future. I expected him to hand those off to some nobodies, who would have easily been killed by the Speigelmänner."

A snap of his fingers, and the remaining two Speigelmänner shatter.

"You three have... Potential." He continues, absently waving his hand at the three of you. "You'll make for wonderful opponents. But not now. No."

"Ah, but I haven't introduced myself. How rude of me. I... am Dread Mirror's chief lieutenant, the wondrously powerful Darijus. A pleasure to meet you." The odd man continues, smiling the whole while.

"Now then, let me give you three some advice, to make this more fun. Those toys you have there are thought activated. Just think that you want to make it work, and 'Poof!', it does!" He continues, gesturing at the crystals each of you holds.

"But enough talk. I know the three of you couldn't hope to take me on as you are now. So how about you run along, and I just say that you managed to get away? There's no fun in crushing weaklings, after all!" He continues, nodding to himself. "In fact, yes, that's it. You got away. Oh what a shame. Buh-bye."

And with that, the strange man swings his arm slightly, and steps into a fold in space like the one he appeared from, leaving you alone in the clearing with the remains of 6 Speigelmänner.

Yeah. Encounter is over, since it was just going to be a round of mopup/missing.

Leveling will be when I say so, so no need to worry about Xp. :smalltongue:

What do you do?

LoneMage210
2012-07-19, 11:52 PM
"Well... that was amusing..." Mayra spoke as she starts looking at the field... she takes the time to recover and set a new group of Formuale for the next encounter... "So, now that those guys are gone, and who knows how long we have to walk for, let's get to know each other shall we?" she smiled, though her outfit at this point is a complete and utter mess... "My name is Marya Sokolov, a Spellsage and Idol singer..."

Larpus
2012-07-20, 08:56 AM
"I'll show you who's having fun crushing who!!"

Travis in a burst runs and leaps towards Darijus, with his fist aimed at the man, however, he's unable to reach him before he disappears, leaving the changeling with a frustrated and angry expression.

He turns around, hearing Mayra's words, "Name's Travis Madison, as you can see, I'm a luchador, going by the name Lord Tiger. You two did pretty well, thanks for the aid."

"I mean no offense, but I didn't expect you to be a fighter at all, Mayra, I'm very glad I was wrong."

The attack is not meant to be an actual attack, just "acting with the motion", don't want it to have any actual effect, so I don't think I need to roll anything.

LoneMage210
2012-07-20, 11:00 AM
"The art of Spellshaping gives me a bit of an edge... which is what I do study when I'm not singing or doing concerts... or getting drunk..." Marya responded to Travis' question... as she wondered what she really got into this time, holding the amulet and wondering how powerful the potential within has...

Yea, I'm not sure about some scene pieces so I guess we're walking to town, on foot, for who-knows-how-long.

THEChanger
2012-07-20, 11:32 AM
Fernando snapped a cartridge into his pistol, and slid it back into his holster. "Fernando Vela. I'm a shooter, and I'm good at it." Fernando looked around, trying to make sense of what was going on. "So I guess the old man wasn't crazy. This Dread Mirror, his creatures, they're all real." Unfolding the black silk, Fernando gazed at the golden crystal which he had been given. "An act of will, huh. So what do you actually do?"

Larpus
2012-07-20, 12:02 PM
Travis tosses his yellow crystal up and down on the air, catching it with his hand.

"Well, the world is crazy, so I expected the old man to be speaking the truth...at least mostly...but yeah, what do these things do? Are we supposed to throw them at monsters?"

"And by the way...do any of you have an idea of where we are? I'm completely lost after going through the cave."

LoneMage210
2012-07-20, 02:06 PM
"I doubt throwing them at the monsters would work..." Marya spoke... "... and all the old man spoke is to simply run, we didn't have much thought on where we were... the best we could do is to just find our way to some road and follow it to some town though..." she spoke of this as she was also wondering the same thing...

The-Mage-King
2012-07-22, 03:25 PM
As Travis looks over the map to get a grasp on the location, Marya catches sight of a vaguely familair rock formation to the west that she can remember passing on her way to the cave. Seems that you aren't too far off the path you took.

LoneMage210
2012-07-22, 05:26 PM
"Well there's that..." Marya spoke as she pointed to a familar rock formation... "We follow that, then perhaps follow some tracks to town and then we can continue this conversation..."

Larpus
2012-07-23, 10:49 AM
"Sounds good to me. Maybe we could get these things looked at by a mage or something...they sounded important enough and I doubt that's the last we've seen of the mirror weirdos."

Travis waits for the others, but makes obvious motions that he intends on following the trail Marya found.

THEChanger
2012-07-25, 08:09 PM
Fernando simply nodded, before wrapping up the crystal which the old man had given him, and began to walk down the trail, whistling a soft, slow tune.

I ain't feeling to good, and didn't have much to say. Let's move on.

The-Mage-King
2012-07-29, 04:00 AM
Following the tracks back to the road, you manage to make it back to town before nightfall, with nothing eventful happening. From a quick attempt to find someone to analyze the gems, a local wizard going by the name of Thurstan is willing to look over the gems for you in the morning.

LoneMage210
2012-07-29, 02:10 PM
Marya smiles, despite being a complete mess... "Well after chasing a treasure map, I suppose we'll give it a rest..." she spoke as she looked around for the rest of her unit... having a feeling she won't hear the end of this one after disappearing to pursue the map. "Guess we'll meet up at Thurstan's place tomorrow then..."

Larpus
2012-07-29, 05:39 PM
"Indeed, it was quite the day...we earned our rest...we should all stay either at the same place or not too far from each other though...those mirror people might attack again...I mean, it's not exactly a puzzle to realize we're staying at this town."

THEChanger
2012-07-29, 09:37 PM
"With respect, I don't think I'm doing much sleeping tonight." Fernando twirled a ring around his finger, his other hand still on his pistol, as it had been the whole walk back. "This little trinket ensures I only need a couple hours each night. If you're both staying at the same place, I'll take a quick snooze, and keep watch for the night."

Larpus
2012-08-01, 11:47 AM
"Now that's a handy thingamado you have there...guess I'll look into getting one of those for myself...", he says, walking together with the other two to the inn they'll spend the night at.

LoneMage210
2012-08-01, 02:55 PM
"Yes..." Marya spoke, as she starts walking to the inn, ready to just sleep and prep to get some answers...

The-Mage-King
2012-08-02, 02:31 AM
The night passes uneventfully, and you show up at Thurstan's store in the morning, the young mage letting you in and starting to discuss the business at hand.

"So, before I start analyzing those, I'll need to know a few things." He says, nodding towards your gems from across the scarred table he has, which is easily guessed to have been used as a temporary workshop at some point. "First, where did you get them?"

LoneMage210
2012-08-02, 02:41 AM
Marya took the time to get into a diffrent dress, this time a green sundress, as she explains somewhat... "As far as we can tell, some cave near town... just following some map someone left and well..."

Larpus
2012-08-02, 09:43 AM
Travis looks around nervously, "Y-yeah...it was just...umm...sit-sitting there...on the cave...yes...hahaha.", he says with a locked expression.

Bluff: [roll0]
I'll edit the post according to the roll

EDIT: Whoa...

The-Mage-King
2012-08-07, 12:59 AM
"..." Thurstan looks at Travis with a blank expression.

"I am asking because it will take a while to analyze these, and I do not wish to have stolen property in my possession if it's owner comes looking for it. Gathering a reputation as a thief of magical artifacts is something I'd wish to avoid, almost as much as being killed by an angry person seeking their property." He says, his eyes getting sharper as he glares at the changeling, almost ignoring the other two in the room.

"Where did you get these?"

THEChanger
2012-08-07, 01:55 PM
"If that is your concern, then rest assured we did not steal them." Fernando stepped forward, attempting to place himself between the mage and his new friend. "My friend here is nervous because we were attacked by a group of strange creatures. We destroyed them all, but it was slightly unnerving."

Bluff ain't working? Let's try Diplomacy.

[roll0]

Larpus
2012-08-08, 01:05 AM
Travis snaps out of his nervousness, "Y-yes, that's right...some old dude in a cave gave them to us, but wasn't terribly descriptive as to their function or how to use them..."

Diplomacy to aid: [roll0]

LoneMage210
2012-08-09, 12:44 AM
"Yes, that is true..." Marya spoke, though she wondered just how they're going to get out of this one...

The-Mage-King
2012-08-09, 01:00 AM
Sighing, the wizard stands.

"A strange old man in a cave. Really?" He asks, heading towards a cabinet over the alchemy lab.

"I suppose he had a grey beard, his eyes twinkled, and he was spying on you until then, wasn't he?" He continues, opening the cabinet and rummaging around in the back of it, as though he were looking for something.

Larpus
2012-08-10, 08:47 AM
"Actually yes...that's pretty much his description...", Travis pauses and squints his eyes, "...you don't happen to have the blue one of these thingies, do you...?"

The-Mage-King
2012-08-13, 07:13 PM
"No, I do not." Thurstan replies, still searching through the cabinet.

"However, a man with that description passed by here about a month ago. He said that he created-" He continues, pausing as though he found something. "Ah, there they are."

"He created a set of magical armbands to serve as a focus for artifacts he was trying to find, and was being hunted by one of the many people who want to be overlords, and needed a place to store them." As he turns around, you can see a well made wooden box in Thurstan's hands, which he carries to the table.

"He left them with me, for some reason." He finishes with a bemused smirk.

"At any rate, I'm willing to look over those items for you. All I ask is that you retrieve some of the strange creatures' remains for me, if you should encounter them again."

Larpus
2012-08-17, 01:32 AM
Travis looks pleasantly surprised at the wizard's reply, "Well, sure thing, here's mine."

"...But man...can't help but think that these bands and the stones are related in some way..."

LoneMage210
2012-08-18, 11:22 PM
"Yes..." Marya spoke, as she gave her item to the Wizard...

THEChanger
2012-08-31, 09:13 PM
"Thank you for your assistance. And if I happen to come across any of those creatures again, you will be the first to see the dust."

The-Mage-King
2012-08-31, 10:45 PM
After scribbling out a trio of recipts, Thurstan sets the gems aside.

"I'll need a while to look over everything. I'd suggest you look around the town, or otherwise find something to occupy the time. Come back in five hours." He says, passing each of you one of the recipts for the gem and starting to dig through another cabinet.

"Now, I need quiet and space to do this. If you don't mind showing yourselves the door..."

Larpus
2012-09-03, 01:50 AM
Travis grabs his receipt and stuffs it into his pouch, leaving the shop soon afterwards.

"Bah...magic...crazy stuff happens in crazy ways...no offense, but I just can't wrap my head around it.", he rants.

"Well, do you guys have any ideas how to kill time? Honestly I'd like to know a bit more about those weird mirror people, but don't really know where to begin, from the looks of it they're not exactly famous..."

THEChanger
2012-09-03, 08:42 PM
Fernando thought for a moment. "I suppose we could start at a library?"

LoneMage210
2012-09-08, 11:12 PM
Marya laughed but also agrees to check the Library out.

The-Mage-King
2012-09-08, 11:43 PM
It takes you a short while, but you manage to find a library other than the one Thurstan has in his shop. The one maintaining it seems more than happy to allow you access to it, and he points you to the books on the subjects you're wanting to research.

You can get +2 to any one Knowledge check each if you take an hour to study.

Larpus
2012-09-10, 10:01 AM
"Ok...I was raised in a monastery, so I'll research about religion...you'd be surprised at how many of these organized groups have religion-based roots."

"I've also been around here couple times, so I also know about some stories from these regions...it's also possible that they're a local organization or have actually been active for a while, just keeping a low profile.", says Travis as he dwells into the library and starts to look at the books' titles.

If anyone pays attention to him, once he's taken by the research, he will unconsciously change forms to an elf with yellow-ish skin, mechanically shifting his racial bonus from Str to Int for the time being.

K.Religion (+7+2): [roll0]

and K.Local (+9+2): [roll1], in case we'll be staying here for longer than an hour and/or the religion one proves unfruitful

LoneMage210
2012-09-11, 11:11 AM
Marya decides to grab some books about history instead, taking a shot at learning about the historical significants

Mayra's Knowledge (History) [roll0]

THEChanger
2012-09-11, 07:56 PM
Fernando stood awkwardly at the entrance to the library. Growing up on the plains meant that he didn't have a whole lot of book learning. But, maybe one of the tomes in here had something useful. He searched around until he found a section on magic, and started reading.

Fernando doesn't have any Knowledge skills, so we go for a straight Intelligence check!

Knowledge: Arcana-

[roll0]

The-Mage-King
2012-09-11, 08:29 PM
Larpus
Travis' searching leads him to several old texts, speaking of a cave filled with shimmering crystals, that formed artifical creatures of the same crystals when any being set foot inside. The creatures, according to the anecdotes, reflected the nature of the being, and attempted to destroy anything not made of the crysal that was inside.

One continues on, telling of how an adventuring party fought their way into the depths of the cave, destroying a large, powerful entity made of that crystal, escaping as the crystal creatures shattered around them.

According to local myth, the cave is located roughly two day's travel to the north, between this town and the city of Esporium, where a certain idol group is scheduled to visit next.

LoneMage
Marya's paging through books leads to little progress, but does uncover anecdotes of crystaline beings akin to those you fought being seen in the surrounding countryside decades past, having been fought by various bands of adventurers.

THEChanger
Fernando recovers a few scraps of information that might prove useful- the first being that the appearance, actions, and reactions of the beings point towards them being some form of golem, albeit weak and small in comparison to most, the second that if they are, there is likely something keeping them functioning- a form of control device somewhere on or in their bodies.

After a few hours of research pass, you find yourselves sitting near each other in the library, several stacks of books that have been glanced through sitting nearby.

LoneMage210
2012-09-12, 10:56 PM
"Ara..." Marya spoke as she noted at the stack of books on the table... "The concert's coming up in a week and we're mixed up in this..." she feels worried... then again after how angry the Producer was for her getting drunk after one of her performances, all due to her inferiorty issues with the rest of the group. However she does ask the other two about if they found anything out of their books...

THEChanger
2012-09-13, 12:53 AM
Fernando looked up from the books he had collected. "Well, I'm no great scholar, but we appear to be dealing with some form of weak golem. According to this manual here, there should be something on or in these things that lets them be directed. A sort of reciever, I guess. If we busted it, they'd probably stop working. But no specifics. What about you, Travis?"

Larpus
2012-09-13, 10:25 AM
Travis looks up form his books, still looking like a yellowy-skinned elf, though his clothes remain the same. "I have some potentially good info on the creatures' origin: there are folk tales about a cave 2 days from here, near Esporium, that has these strange crystals inside that come alive and attack whoever sets foot inside it."

"But they also mention that said crystal creatures mimic the basic talents of his opponents, which wasn't exactly our case...there was also one anecdote that mentioned a bigger crystal creature, but the adventurers in it supposedly have destroyed it already...should we go there once Marya's done with her concert?"

LoneMage210
2012-09-13, 08:10 PM
"Sure..." Marya responded... "Speaking of concerts..." she spoke, "What do you say you come to the concert as well?" she wondered, thinking these two need to get to know the rest of her group as well

Larpus
2012-09-18, 02:43 PM
"Sure thing, I'm not too eager to go back to my town just yet...something to keep my mind otherwise busy sure would be appreciated."

THEChanger
2012-09-18, 10:41 PM
"Why not? I've never heard music beyond the odd wandering minstrel that our tribe found while wandering. Could be fun."

LoneMage210
2012-09-19, 08:22 AM
"Ah Good..." Marya smiles... "We'll set out for the next town and maybe you can see me in action assuming nothing funny happens." she feels amused as she says this... "That is after we pick up our gems and such that is."

The-Mage-King
2012-09-19, 06:07 PM
As the conversation is wrapping up, you hear a creak outside the door, followed by a crack as the door's lock gives. The librarian stumbles backwards as though punched, landing on a stool and breaking it.

A pair of oddly average men step through, clad in generic clothes with plain appearances, and look around, as though searching for something...

"Wh-Why?" The librarian asks, struggling to get up. "Why did you do this?"

Hearing the question, one of the men turns, delivering a swift kick to the side of the fallen scholar, letting out a sound like nails on glass.

The other seems to catch sight of you, letting out a similar screech and pointing.

Roll initiative.

THEChanger
2012-09-20, 11:20 AM
Fernando whipped his gun out of its holster, and took aim at the nearest man. "You've got five seconds to put your hands behind your head and turn around. Five..."

Iknowthey'respiegelsiknowthey'respiegelsiknowthey' respiegels-
Fernando isn't quite sure.

Intimidate to start.
[roll0]

The-Mage-King
2012-09-20, 07:43 PM
The first of the men looks towards Fernando, cowering a bit, but then charges recklessly, aiming a haymaker towards the gunman's jaw.

The second, having finished beating up the poor librarian and seeing the three of you in the room, bolts to the exit, leaving the other alone.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Larpus
2012-09-21, 12:54 PM
Travis was distracted enough by the conversation to not notice as the "man" charge at his companion, but as soon as his mind computes this, he slams his foot on the ground letting out a loud "kiai" before charging against the enemy and trying to punch his back of the head through his face.

Swift action to enter Shattered Jade stance (-2 AC, +1d6 + Initiator Level)
Charging against the enemy, attack roll: [roll0] <- that's actually a crit!
Damage: ([roll1] + [roll2])*2 = 26

I'm a bit confused about Initiator Level in the case of the Sentai, is it class level?

LoneMage210
2012-09-21, 05:15 PM
Marya starts to charge up her energy, firing into a congested field as the "Man" seems to be here for all three of them, using a basic Freeze ray.

[roll0] Firing a Frostray
[roll1] Ice Damage

The-Mage-King
2012-09-21, 09:20 PM
The man lets out a screech as Travis' fist impacts his face and shatters his nose. Literally, given that the rest of his body bursts into shards of mirrored glass and falls to the ground.

The librarian finally picks himself up, clutching his stomach in pain.

"What in the world was that?" He asks, looking at the pile of glass shards.

LoneMage210
2012-09-21, 11:05 PM
Marya cuts off her spellshaping at the last moment, "That was one of those crystal things..." she spoke... "To think they were searching for us..." she noted, looking at the shards...

Larpus
2012-09-22, 01:11 AM
"On the bright side...we'll be able to fulfill Thurstan's request much earlier than we thought! Not sure if that'd be considered a good thing though...", says Travis, while carefully picking up some shards of the creatures, trying to see if any of them look any more interesting than the rest, while stuffing what he picks up in his empty pouches.

"Hope this is plenty enough..."

Perception to look for interesting-looking remains of the speigel (+8): [roll0]

The-Mage-King
2012-09-22, 02:18 AM
"My word." The librarian returns, wheezing a little. "Those things certainly seem like a mess to deal with."

Adjusting his glasses, he looks at the stack of books knocked over in the scuffle.

"Oh dear. Those will be difficult to reorganize..."

With that, he starts to sort the books, ignoring you once again.

Travis' examination reveals a small, silvered gem in the middle of the dust, faintly warm to the touch.

Larpus
2012-09-26, 10:06 AM
"Well...Thurstan will surely find this interesting...", he says, holding the gem in his hand, so the others can see, before putting it into his belt pouch.

LoneMage210
2012-09-26, 06:00 PM
Marya nodded in agreement, as she started to move on to the next stop before setting out for the next Town.

THEChanger
2012-09-26, 07:53 PM
"Wait a minute. If the crystal things tracked us here, do you think they could have found the gem-things we gave to Thurstan?" Fernando's eyes widened. "We should run. Fast."

Larpus
2012-09-28, 01:27 PM
"you're absolutely right...we have to hurry!!", says Travis, running as fast as he can for the door to get back to Thurtan's shop and make sure he's ok...

LoneMage210
2012-09-30, 02:16 PM
Marya agreed as she started dashing off

The-Mage-King
2012-10-01, 02:57 PM
The three of you make it back to Thurstan's store fairly quickly, heading through the empty town to get to it.

As you arrive, you find about a dozen men milling around the block of the mage's business, seemingly chatting normally.

Looking closer, you notice something. Other than a single redhaired man dozing against a building across from Thurstan's store, they all look the same. Every. Single. One.

As you get to the door, it cracks open a slight bit, allowing you to see Thurstan looking out cautiously.

"In, now. Those people give me the creeps." The mage says, opening the door enough to let each of you in.

Larpus
2012-10-02, 12:13 PM
"I'll bet my mask that those guys are more of the mirror-monster-golem-guys-things...a dozen's a bit too much...we'd need to narrow them in a corridor or something to take them down one on one."

"Oh yeah, by the way...here, souvenir.", he says, putting the pouch full of speigel remains on the table, "We sort of run into one at the library."

LoneMage210
2012-10-02, 06:37 PM
Marya follows in, feeling bugged by all 12 of them as well... "Hmm, either that or we grab some random clothing and try to move to the next town before they wonder what happened..."

THEChanger
2012-10-02, 10:48 PM
Fernando clicked the trigger of his pistol. "We ain't running."

The-Mage-King
2012-10-08, 10:58 AM
"Hm." Thurstan says, taking the bag of dust as you three discuss strategies.

"There's a quarry outside of town that you should be able to lure them to, if you decide to fight. Or you could start ambushing them in the alleys here." He continues, spreading the dust over a faintly drawn circle, filled with runes.

"At any rate, I've uncovered what the gems and wristbands do. Somehow, they allow you to transform. The wristbands serve as foci for the gems' power, allowing you to do so with a single word, or sequence of words."
With that, the mage flourishes the three wristbands, hexagonal gems set in them and secured.

"If you focus your will on 'change' while you are wearing it, and say the word you wish to use as your call, it should work and take fairly easily."

LoneMage210
2012-10-09, 04:20 PM
"Alright" Marya spoke as she takes these facts as well... "Next matter would be the matter of the Quarry or the Alley pick-off... what's your take?"

Larpus
2012-10-09, 10:50 PM
"Change, eh...? That sounds easy...", says Travis with a small smirk.

"These things seem to be much more interested in us than locals, so if the streets are empty enough, I'd say let's go for the alley. But I don't want to risk innocent lives, that's for sure."

By the way, anyone got the link for the OOC thread?

Search function seems to be gone and I can't seem to find it.

THEChanger
2012-10-15, 12:19 AM
Fernando took his wristband, set with the golden gem, and secured it to his wrist. "Alright. Let's take a look and see what the situation outside is. Civilians nearby, we try to get them into the quarry. If not, we'll face them down in the alley. In either case, Travis, you take point, and Marya and I will provide cover fire." Fernando went to a window facing out to the main street, assessing if the Speigels still maintained their watch on the wizard's workshop-and if the other two who did not appear to be such were still present.

Perception check.

[roll0]

The-Mage-King
2012-10-15, 09:24 AM
As Fernando looks out the window, he sees the apparent Spieglemänner getting nearer to the door, with the red haired man watching on with a smirk.

Seems that plans made will need to be accelerated.

No civilians seem to be outside.

Larpus
2012-10-15, 11:58 AM
"Alley it is!", he grabs his yellow crystal and matching band, striping them to his left wrist.

He goes for the door and rests his hand on the doorknob, ready to crank it open; he looks back to everyone and says, "Ok...everyone ready?"

LoneMage210
2012-10-15, 08:41 PM
Marya nods as she wears her band, ready to fight

Larpus
2012-10-17, 03:57 PM
Travis opens the door with a loud noise and gets outside, screaming to the future assailants while holding his arm with the crystal up so they can see it and screams to the top of his lungs: "Yo! Mirror people!! Want this thingie? Come and get it!".

As soon as the last word leaves his lips, he makes a mad dash in the direction of the alley in order to get every creature properly lined up and unable to swarm the group.

THEChanger
2012-10-17, 07:36 PM
Fernando ran with Travis, making sure he ended up behind the martial artist in relation to the mirror people. Pistol at the ready, a swift about face set him in position to rain hell and bullets down upon their attackers.

LoneMage210
2012-10-19, 09:40 AM
Marya also runs at a mad dash to the Alley, trying to get behind hte Martial Artist

The-Mage-King
2012-10-20, 04:06 AM
Seeing the door crack open, the red haired man smirks, leaving his leannig position and glancing over the Speiglemanner watching the building.

As you dash out to the alley, the generic looking men flash, shattering the disguise taken and revealing themselves as the monsters they are.

When you arrive, the Speiglemanner are in motion, moving in...

Initiative+ location on map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnL09uHZcJwhdDlBQ3NFQU5wWUVJSHNfNDVtNmVER nc), please.
Anywhere between H2 and I4.

LoneMage210
2012-10-22, 10:19 AM
Marya stops movement at her spot as she turns around, ready to take shots at the Speigle armor.

[roll0]

Deploy spot: H3

Larpus
2012-10-22, 10:38 AM
Travis stops in front of his two companions and slaps both his hands, "It's showtime!"

Initiative: [roll0]
Deploy spot: either H4 or I4, which of you guys would be less obstructed by having Travis directly in front of you?

THEChanger
2012-10-22, 11:40 AM
Fernando whirled about as the three warriors got into position. Gun loaded, Fernando leveled it at the opening of the alleyway. It was time to stand and fight.

Initiative-[roll0]

Deployed at I3.

I don't know that it particularly matters where Travis goes. Both Maya and Fernando will be launching ranged attacks/Spellshapes, so we should be good either way?

The-Mage-King
2012-10-25, 01:57 AM
Travis manages to start moving a half second before everyone else.

Initiative order:

Travis
Red-Haired Man
Marya
Speigles
Fernando

Proceed.

Larpus
2012-10-25, 10:52 AM
Travis stands tall and ready for battle in front of the other two, breathing heavily as he remembers Thurstan's words...he takes a few moments to fully focus, enough time for the first speigle to appear from the corner, when he yells "Henshin!!", activating his crystal.

Readying the action to transform as soon as the first speigle gets in sight range, aka H7 or I7

The-Mage-King
2012-10-26, 08:08 PM
You see the man in red sprint into view of the alley, whisps of flames following him as he stops in the middle of the street.

"Just hand over the gems and I won't burn this town to the ground." He says, extending his hand as though waiting for you to pass them to him.

"Well, not really. I'll be more joyful when I do, at least."

Red-Haired Man moves to H8. Marya's turn

LoneMage210
2012-10-27, 10:21 AM
Marya charges up her shaping, having him in her sights as her blue eye shone."How about you take all your friends..." she spoke in an unnatural voice... "... and skip town!" she yelled as she launched her spell right at his waiting hand.

[roll0] vs Red Haired Man's Touch AC
[roll1] If hit, half Fire, Half Cold

The-Mage-King
2012-10-29, 11:23 AM
The blast hits, the fire somehow disappating while the cold frosts over a larger area than expected.

"Tch. I guess we need to turn up the heat, then!" He says, minions filling in around him.

Too much movement. Travis' readied action goes off, Fernando's turn.

THEChanger
2012-10-29, 09:01 PM
Fernando

Fernando lifted the stone on his wrist, and closed his eyes.

An act of will...

"Yamashi Senshi Gold Raven Ranger-TAKAMEN!"

A brilliant flash of light, and Fernando's form had changed. A suit of black and gold, with a poncho resembling golden raven feathers over his shoulders. His helmet was stylized to resemble the head of a raven, and in both hands he held a pistol of gold and black. Twirling the guns, he focused them down the alley. "Good luck."

Larpus
2012-11-06, 10:32 AM
After the blinding yellow light leaves Travis' body, showing his new improved form: a yellow being with black stripes all over, a very obvious tiger motif and enough bulk to look menacing, but still looking reasonably light and mobile.

"Well...me likes...! Takamen, was it? I like the sound of it."

He slams his foot on the ground and lets out a loud roar, before the sound dissipates, he rushes his elbow to the speigle right to his side, he couldn't quite understand it, but somehow he felt...'better' and more effective than ever while doing it.

If it connects: the sound of the elbow echoes together with the roar through the alley, getting stronger with each bounce, making Travis' attack seem much more deadly than it actually was, potentially affecting the enemies' morale.

Swift action to get into Punishing stance (-2 AC +1d6 damage)
Standard action to attack Speigle 2 with elbow (non-lethal): [roll0], damage [roll1] (non-lethal)
Free Intimidate due to Enforcer: [roll2], against the target Speigle's DC (10+HD+Wis), if I'm successful, he's shaken for [damage] rounds.

The-Mage-King
2012-11-06, 09:22 PM
The elbow slams into the gut of the Spiegle, keeling it over as it falls unconscious.

About half of the Spiegle who flooded the alley seem to be clutching at their eyes, as the crimson haired man smirks.

"Well well. Looks like you've just sparked my interest. Let's get things cooking!" He says, engulfing himself in flames and lobbing a burst of fire at Travis.

"Feel the burn!"

Speigles 1, 6, and 8 are blinded- the others did not have LoS, or made their saves.

Ranged touch attack at Travis: [roll0]

LoneMage210
2012-11-07, 11:01 PM
Marya also transforms, focusing on her will, as a brilliant flash of light, covering her. A suit of silver and white formed around her body, with swan-like features around the shoulder parts of the suit.

"Yamashi Senshi Silver Swan Ranger-TAKAMEN!

She speaks this as she carries her Rifle, now ready to show the guy the door.

"Mmm if it wasn't all armory, this would make the perfect Idol outfit..." she says this as she looks at the others... "Yamashi Sentai! Takamen!" she finishes, striking a cute pose.

Marya's AC is now 18, FF is 15.

The-Mage-King
2012-11-13, 08:38 PM
Another pair of Speigles turn the corner just after the flash of light blinds the rest.

Rushing wildly, two attack Travis with blind swings, as another makes a precise strike aimed at Fernando.

Speigle 3 @ Travis: [roll0]
Miss Chance: [roll2] 50 or lower hits on successful attack

Speigle 9 @ Travis: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Speigle 4 @ Fernando: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Miss Chance: [roll7] 50 or lower hits on successful attack

THEChanger
2012-11-14, 08:44 PM
Fernando momentarily considered attempting to fire point blank into the speigle which missed him, but he quickly realized that would provide it an opening. Instead, Fernando twisted his body, and shot out one foot towards the speigle's head. He felt something infusing his foot-strength, and pure, undiluted energy flowing out of the toes. It was odd-magic, perhaps?

Unarmed Strike on the I4 Speigle. Using Spellshape Strike to channel Kinetic Blast through the unarmed strike.

To Hit-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]
Force Damage-[roll2]

Larpus
2012-11-16, 11:41 PM
Travis laughs as he dives at the Speigle to his side, attempting to grab him by his legs and throw him against the alley wall.

Attack against Speigle4: [roll0] vs. Touch AC
Trip attempt: [roll1]
If both are successful, he's thrown, slams on the wall and falls prone at his current square.

The-Mage-King
2012-11-21, 05:18 AM
As Travis slams the glass-like creature into the wall, Fernando's punch strikes home, shattering it.

"Huh. You're cleaning these guys out better than I expected." The man says, a psychotic smirk forming.

"Guess I better unveil my true self."

With that, he's cloaked with flame, forcing all to avert their eyes from the flash and revealing a menacing looking, tall, grey skinned creature, a mane of flame surrounding its neck, and similar ones surrounding its wrists. (http://img.aegen.nl/LRW/Glarewielder.jpg)

"The name is Torch Fraud. Prepare to get roasted." It says in a voice unmistakably that of the red-haired man as it lobs another sphere of fire, this time towards Fernando.

Speigle 4 is dead. Just... Ded. And you guys got the turn order mixed up- Current order is as follows, thanks to the Delaying Travis did.

Torch Fraud
Marya
Speigles
Travis
Fernando

[roll0] v Touch AC.

If hit, take: [roll1] Fire damage.

LoneMage210
2012-11-22, 11:46 AM
Marya starts shaping though the chaos, as she takes aim at the head monster first, much as she wants to deal with the minions, she wants to get rid of the head monster, (hopefully) forcing the Speigles to flee in horror.

"Patina of Rust!" she spoke though the suit, giving it a higher pitched sound then usual.

[roll0] Patina of Rust vs Torch Fraud (Regular attack, subject to SR)
[roll1] Piercing Damage (if it connects, make a DC 14 Fort Save or whatever Armor he's wearing immediately Rusts, reducing Land speed by 10 ft and denied Dex to AC. Ignore this if he has no Armor, does not affect AC boosts from other sources)

Sentai suit time Remaining: 2 rounds

The-Mage-King
2012-11-26, 01:38 PM
The spike hits home, embedding itself in the creatures upper body before evaporating as the creature lets out a hiss of pain.

"Just for that, you'll burn next." The creature says gesturing to the remaining minions to attack.

The first swings for Marya, slipping past the guard of the other two and taking a swing at the silver armored idol.

Another slides into the space it occupied, swinging at Travis with its comrade's aid, while a fourth turns the corner, raising its fists menacingly.

Speigle 9 takes 5-foot-step to I4, attacks Marya.

Speigle 5 takes a 5-foot-step to I5, aids Speigle 3 in attacking Travis

If 10 is greater, add 2 to Speigle 3's attack.

Speigle 3 attacks Travis
Attack: [roll3]+2 if 5 succeeds
Damage: [roll4]

Speigle 7 moves to I6.

Travis's turn.

THEChanger
2012-12-05, 11:37 PM
Fernando's foot shot outwards, once more infused with this new power. It was absolutely magic, something Fernando had never had before. But with this transformation, he could feel the power surging through his body, boiling in his very blood. There was only one direction the power could go-out. The raw arcane force in his foot blasted forward.

Spellshape Strike from an Unarmed Strike. Channeling Kinetic Blast.

To Hit-[roll0]

Unarmed Strike Damage-[roll1]

Force Damage-[roll2]

The-Mage-King
2012-12-06, 12:49 AM
Fernando's kick nearly hits the Speigle's face, but the mirror-like being ducks at the last moment, dodging the augmented attack.

Travis' Initiative.

Larpus
2012-12-06, 07:45 PM
"Darn it...hey, fire-face, why don't you come here so we can have some mano-to-mano conversation, eh??", says Travis as he readies a fist with one of his newly acquired claws and makes his fist fly to the speigle in front of him.

Regaining the Mighty Throw maneuver.

Attacking Speigle 3.
Damage: [roll1] (blunt)

The-Mage-King
2012-12-11, 02:44 AM
"Because I rather like having my face where it is, thank you very much!" Torch Fraud retorts, flinging a burst of fire and smoke over the expendable minions, aimed at Marya.

With that, he ducks behind the minions furthest back, putting a building between you and him to cut off your line of sight

Ranged touch @Marya: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1] fire.

Make a Ref save. It's the Smoke Cloud (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=871.msg5316) formula, so you know the basics. .

Move action to get out of line-of sight, behind the building Fernando is standing next to from you.

Marya's Turn.

LoneMage210
2012-12-12, 12:13 AM
Marya takes a tough hit, then noticed the smoke coming, however it's too late as she starts coughing at it, she takes a five foot step back, then takes out her Rifle, taking a shot at the Speigle.

Five Foot Step to H2
[roll0] (Touch vs Speigle 10)
[roll1] Damage if it connects

The-Mage-King
2012-12-13, 05:59 AM
Marya's shot misses, embedding itself in the wall behind the glass-like creature and leaving an opening between the defenses of the other two.

Taking advantage of that, the Speigle slips through the guard and continues its assault, another filling its former place.

Speigle 9 takes 5-foot step to H3, attacks Marya.

Speigle 5 takes a 5-foot step to I4, attacks Fernando.

Speigle 7 takes a 5-foot step to I5, aids Speigle 3 in attacking Travis.
Attack: [roll4] If 10 or more, add 2 to Speigle 3's attack.

Speigle 3 attacks Travis.
Attack: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Speigle 6 moves to I6.

Fernando's turn.

THEChanger
2012-12-23, 12:10 AM
Fernando took the force of the Speigle's strike full in the stomach. This fight was not going quite as well as he'd hoped. For love of the Raven, there was just to many! Still, Fernando didn't intend to go down without a fight. Using the momentum of his assailant's attack, Fernando spun about, and lashed out with the back of his fist at the Speigle attacking Marya, once more channeling the raw magical power he felt growing inside him.

Sorry that took so long. Finals and getting home have made things a little crazy in my head.
But, yeah. You know that thing? That thing I've been doing for a couple turns now? Yeah, I'm gonna do it again.

To Hit-[roll0]

Unarmed Strike Damage-[roll1]

Force Damage-[roll2]

The-Mage-King
2012-12-31, 11:35 PM
Fernando's blow strikes true, shattering another Speigle with the force behind it.

Travis' turn.

Also, sorry about the huge delay. I... Sorta lost the thread... :smallredface:

Larpus
2013-01-05, 10:23 AM
Travis is startled for a second as the same light that engulfed him before...except now its effect is reversed, bringing Travis back to his usual self.

Not that he particularly minds though, as he simply goes up to the next speigle and attempts to throw a speed punch to its chin.

Attacking whichever speigle's in reach of Travis (taking 5ft step if needed), hitting AC [roll0]; if successful, damage is [roll1]

Also, I believe Travis' transformation expires this round, if not, add 3 to the to-hit and damage.

If Travis can't close in with a 5ft step, will ready the action to attack a speigle once one closes in.

The-Mage-King
2013-01-07, 01:18 AM
As the wrestler's suit fades, the speigle he punched practically explodes, turning into small shards around his fist.

The rest look very upset.

Marya's turn.
There were three options, so you punchsploded the one in I4.

Torch Fraud has bailed.

LoneMage210
2013-01-08, 10:35 PM
Marya tried to cough her way out of this and tries to fire the gun again, feeling like the clock is running out on her.

[roll0] TOuch Attack Against Speigal 7
[roll1] Damage if it connects

Time Over for the suit

The-Mage-King
2013-01-18, 04:29 AM
The shot strikes the mirror-like being in the arm, sending cracks down its side and limb as it hisses in agony.

The remaining Speigle's share a look, and start edging back, away from the trio.

And then they run, leaving what amounts to a small cloud of dust behind them as they beat feet.

...Seems they can't stomach so many of their comrades being destroyed in such a sort time.

The sound of a door creaking echoes from across the road.

"Well, you certainly managed to damage them." Thurstan says, looking outside and to both directions the street goes, before beckoning you to him.. "The red one went towards the quarry, probably to recover. The glass ones went the other direction."

"I must say, I didn't expect as much of a change as happened. My analysis had it pegged more as a personal toughness booster, not a costume like those. Were they easy to move in? What about the weapons that seemed to form with two of you?" He continues, the academic in him showing through.