PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of Doom, IC

Loki_42
2012-07-14, 02:27 PM
The sun in the Elsir Vale beats down hot today, reminding everyone that it is indeed summer. The air is dry on the dusty dirt road as six travelers cross paths.

It is a motley bunch, and it is clear that most do not know each other. A pale, gaunt human with matted black hair, in what at first glance appears to be robes of some holy order or another, dragging along a wagon piled high with coffins. A scrawny grey elf, with lightly bound white hair and blue eyes, wearing clearly well cared-for clothes. An unrelated grey elf at the other end of the road, this one with amber eyes and silver hair, leaning on a well-crafted implement somewhere between a staff and a longbow, but clearly well made either way. Two more humans, these ones seem to be walking together, one with a longsword by her side and mithral armor and shield, and the other barefoot and unkempt, with a green tunic and decorative carved bones with a half-mask making up her outfit, with a giant praying mantis following behind her. Finally, a wagon being driven by an elf, with the faint sounds of a woman cursing in the back.

The six have been traveling for some time, and this is the first in a while that they've found others traveling the roads. The town of Drellin's Ferry is few miles ahead, and should be reachable by the end of day.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-14, 02:51 PM
The heat pours down, my black cloak and robes trapping it, making my head drip with a thin band of most unwholesome sweat, making the inner chill of mine shiver with discomfort. I note the sounds of other passerby. Waiting, and hopefully getting a chance to ignore them. I keep my expression deadlocked, my mouth stern as the grave, as I stare down the road, after examining the odd group next to me, for an instant, gathering what I can from their gait and expressions

Sense Motive, to see if any seem particularly curious of me.
[roll0]

Knowledge Religion, to see if any of them wear any symbols or colors that suggest particular priest hoods, to stay on my guard.
[roll1]

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-14, 02:53 PM
Forum Error, continue on.

Loki_42
2012-07-14, 03:34 PM
Draygar spots one of the two humans traveling together wearing a cape broach displaying the holy symbol of Zahun, a deity of poison and disease. Her companion has the same symbol all over her outfit, etched into the bones and mask as well as sewn into her tunic and belt.

redzarna
2012-07-14, 05:10 PM
As the path narrows, I slow down my horse a tad, letting the wagon pass first, not without giving its pale driver a long look, arching my right eyebrow, and leaning towards Assirra to speak with her.

<Sylvan> That one looks like he could find our services useful...

I nod towards the wagon.

<Sylvan> Ask him, will you?

Waylor
2012-07-14, 05:52 PM
<Sylvan>Ok dear, but let's try to keep it short, I don't want to spend another night out in the open.<Sylvan>

Nods to Zyrashana and gets closer to the rest of the group

Good evening travelers, my name is Assirra and my fellow here is Zyrashana, soother from the Black Marshes. She would like to offer you her services to relieve any disease or pain that may be burdening you. We'll be spending the next few days in Drellin's Ferry just in case any of you need the help of Zahun or want to join us in our prayers.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-14, 06:35 PM
Given my 31 Knowledge check on that symbol, I presume I know at least something about the Church of Zahun? I'll be going off of it as such.

I give a moment of silence, remembering the priests of Zahun's most, interesting research. We might be useful to one another after all.

... I, am afraid not... I have little need of a cure, for I carry no disease. Yet, I tend to the dead and ... I might want your service for reasons of cleansing my work of more than, spirits. I hope you won't mind assisting Pelor and his humble servant with that task.

My voice solemnly echoed, as if I am still in a mausoleum, with a drawl and surprisingly deep airy sound drifting from my throat. I wipe the sweat from my brow, after all my will fell too short to resist the motion, tired and sluggish as it must have looked.

Loki_42
2012-07-14, 07:01 PM
You're going to need a bluff check on passing for a Pelorite.

nazgulnine
2012-07-14, 07:08 PM
A small feeling of discomfort causes Tyr to fidget in the elf's wagon. She's been staring at the scenery crawl along for too long; longer than anyone could bother to stare. She looks to the other travelers with an eye of disdain. She wasn't going to bother asking questions; she had her own reasons for trekking out to a place as backwoods as Elsir, and she was sure they had theirs. From the looks of their gear, though, she was sure that they meant business, but didn't look like the kind that would mess with her, or so she hoped. But Tyr knew better than to count on peace and quiet. With a deep gasp, Tyr flings herself onto her back, glaring at the sun. Its too hot to be wearing her coat, but she doesn't want to be caught unaware. She mumbles under her breath how "un-something-believable" the weather is.

"Hey old timer!" she calls to the elf driving the wagon as she removes her headscarf, stooping up for a moment to wring the sweat over the side of the wagon. "We've been traveling for days now. Any idea how much longer we're going to have to schlock through the plane of fire to this damn village?" She scowled a bit as an unpleasant thought entered her mind: fate was unlikely to be kind anytime soon.

Loki_42
2012-07-14, 07:19 PM
The elf sighs, having begun to regret picking up the rather ill-tempered woman for some time now. We'll get there in a few hours, if all goes to plan. At least you're not the one doing all the work of driving the cart. If you're that uncomfortable back there you could at least take off that damn coat you're always wearing!"

The elf Dresiel turns to Assira. "I appreciate the offer, miss, but I doubt your friend could do much soothing that would help me."

stack
2012-07-14, 08:57 PM
Kerian slows as he nears the small, spontaneous, grouping, unsure how to approach them. His hood is thrown back, welcoming the sun, which he has seen too little of in his studies. He had barely notices the others drawing near as his mind turned over an enchantment he had been puzzling through.

He speaks softly, answering the offer. "No, thank you. I am well able to tend to my own ailments." And I find the offer dubious at best, servant of suffering. I must keep my eyes open and my mind in the present, it will not due to be caught unawares...though perhaps I ought stay near, it would be hard to catalog the Vale if a plague wipes out the knowledge I seek.

His hand stay on his bow, only giving his fellow travelers a nod of acknowledgement.

Loki_42
2012-07-14, 09:08 PM
His knowledge of the various faiths of the world allows Kerian to recognize the symbols of Zahun, as well as Draygar's symbol for Pelor. If his Afflux symbols are readily apparent, you can also identify them.

redzarna
2012-07-14, 09:45 PM
Zyrashana looks at Kerian as he speaks, the hint of a smirk crossing her lips for a brief moment. She speaks with a soft voice, yet with the slight commanding tone of those used to preaching.

"A dubious offer, good sir? Probably you've heard some stories, yet the soothers are but menders of the body, for we help those upon whom the Lord of Flies' punishments fall. The woman tilts her head before asking. What good would we find in deceitful offers?"

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-14, 10:43 PM
Bluff: [roll0]
Should I get a +2 Circumstance for Know: Religion, given the vast amount of religious knowledge required, plus my actual upbringing there gives some first hand experience about the whole Pelorite experience.

On Identifying my true patron:
And I am hiding my symbol to Afflux, have to stay believable as possible after all :smallwink:

It isn't worn on Draygar's face, but he has a sense of relief now that the questions are off of him. Just wishing to spend some time gathering corpses, and doing some research, all at the boon of his master.
He smirks internally, realizing he's the one putting in all his blood, sweat, and tears into this journey, while his master expects him to force others into the same expenditure of blood, sweat, and tears. For less gratifying reasons.
Irony. This keeps him "happy" for several minutes of travel.

nazgulnine
2012-07-15, 12:13 AM
Tyr sits up and glares at Dresiel with an unsurprising amount of sass.
"You would want me to take my coat off."

Feeling a stranger in the current conversation, she restrains her curiosity. Let the priests to their talk of religion and hope they don't bring you into it, as it were. She sighed and laid back once again. "Whatever. Just holler if there's anything coming over the horizon. I'm taking a nap." She closes her eyes and focuses on listening for anything that would keep her mind off of the chatting at hand.

[roll0] listen roll to hear any sounds not coming from their group.

Questing Beast
2012-07-15, 12:44 AM
Lingi

Seeing a gathering in front of him on the road and considering the thought of ambush Lingi's slender agile fingers of his left hand slip into a pouch at his belt. Various components essential to providing arcane destruction upon those around him slide over his digits before he decides to allow those ahead to live a while longer. Smiling at the group as he meanders towards them he perks up at the offer of relieving his pain, raising a hand of welcome "Ahoy fellow travelers." Listening to their talk of gods and religions he shakes his head knowing the watchful eye shall take all in the end, people and gods alike. "Do any of you know how far this road leads until the next habitation appears? I weary of the road today and would find an actual bed to sleep in if possible."

nazgulnine
2012-07-15, 01:00 AM
Tyr raises her head at the new voice. She furrows her brow and silently places one hand on the shaft of her ranseur, attempting to look as though she was merely propping herself upright.
"What's the matter? Everyone scared to talk to the stranger?" she asks in her raspy voice. "The old fart here," she motions to Dresiel. "he reckons it's going to be a few hours down this path. I've given you your answer, now who are you?" It's worth noting that her choice of adjectives in her last sentence were quite colorful, enough so that a monk would blush or a person would turn their head.

Rolling possible bluff check for her "spear?-no,-I'm-just-sitting-up" maneuver. [roll0] (roll of 9 if you want sleight of hand)
sense motive on Lingi: [roll1]

Questing Beast
2012-07-15, 01:41 AM
Lingi

Looking at the woman on the back of the wagon as she addresses him and laughing to himself at her when she adjusts herself for him to get a better view, "I dear lady am known as Lingi of house Cahenaus." Giving her and the rest of his crowd a slight leg and bow you get the feeling that he is not eyeballing her as a woman so much as he is eyeballing her as a potential threat or possible ally in a game. "Speaking of who is who, what might you go by or should I just refer to you as angry lady with sharp stick?"

Waylor
2012-07-15, 05:58 AM
Sense motive for EE: [roll0]
Sense motive for Tyr: [roll1]

Loki_42
2012-07-15, 08:45 AM
Assirra picks up that something isn't right in the way Draygar carries himself as a priest of Pelor, though she is unable to figure out who his true patron is. She also notices the spear that Melita was sharpening.

The six travelers reaches a point where the road drops into a shallow dell. It is a grove, with trees on three sides, and what appears to be an abandoned, wrecked farmhouse to the southwest.

Melita Tyr, Zyrashana, Kerian, and Lingi
Upon reaching the clearing, the four of you either spot a glimpse of steel or hear the rustling and barking in the trees, and notice a band of hobgoblins lying in wait, with several hell hounds in tow! You all have time to act before the rest do, but a battle is at hand.

Everyone roll for initiative.

stack
2012-07-15, 09:09 AM
(The italics where only thought, so all Kerian said was that he could heal himself.)

Kerian greets his fellow elf, "It is a long way from the lands of our people. Greetings, I am Kerian, called the Stillhand."

Kerian will cast nerveskitter when rolling initiative (+5, brining his mod to +12 [roll0]

Seeing the ambush, "Be aware, I know none of you, yet we may need each other against these bandits. Let me hinder them." His hand reaches for the eye hanging from his neck, raising it up as he calls out arcane syllables.

standard action to cast Web (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/web.htm)toward the center of the enemy, 20' radius, reflex DC 18 or entangled Entangled

The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell’s level) or lose the spell.

Loki_42
2012-07-15, 09:22 AM
I have an ugly battlemap that I did in paint to preserve sanity while trying to figure out the better, if more complex solutions. It's usable.

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaint.pngThe dark green are light growth and trees, they cost two squares to enter and provide cover and concealment. the yellow portion is the road, it has a noticeable dip, entering or exiting costs 4 squares. The dark grey lines are solid walls.

Where exactly will Kerian be firing his web?

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-15, 09:53 AM
Initiative:

[roll0]

Actions

I'm casting Summon Undead III, to summon 2 Owlbear Skeletons. One on the right side of my cart, right next to it. The other one will be 10 feet to the right of one of the enemies or the largest cluster of enemies.

The Spell (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=5)
The Owlbears (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/skeleton.htm)

Waylor
2012-07-15, 09:55 AM
Init: [roll0]
Ride: [roll1]

Loki_42
2012-07-15, 09:56 AM
It's still the surprise round, Draygar is not acting yet.

Questing Beast
2012-07-15, 10:07 AM
Lingi

Looking at Kerian's proffered hand Lingi tenses for a second before deciding to accept but by then the other elf is yelling about bandits and casting a spell. Looking into the trees he notices the hound's and hobgoblins and steps away from the other people in the road so as not to catch them in his spell-craft or allow them to attack him if this is a trick on their part. Waving a hand around his person while pulling something from a pocket and muttering strange words thin flames of green appear to immolate his body as he determines whom to assist and whom to destroy with his arcane might, "Come little ones, let the eye see into your souls."

Init: [roll0]

Fire Shield (COLD) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireShield.htm)
Lasts: 5 rounds, 1d6+5 Cold Dmg

redzarna
2012-07-15, 10:17 AM
Zyrashana looks towards the group of enemies, and starts conjuring without hesitation, rising both of her arms, with her palms aiming to the skies. "Obidae... Enua... Badvak!"

Zyrashana casts Entangle, with a 40ft radius, Reflex DC15, centered in M10.

Grasses, weeds, bushes, and even trees wrap, twist, and entwine about creatures in the area or those that enter the area, holding them fast and causing them to become entangled. The creature can break free and move half its normal speed by using a full-round action to make a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 20 Escape Artist check. A creature that succeeds on a Reflex save is not entangled but can still move at only half speed through the area. Each round on your turn, the plants once again attempt to entangle all creatures that have avoided or escaped entanglement.

Then, she shouts a command word to the Mantis beside her. "Protect!"

Initiative roll: [roll0]

nazgulnine
2012-07-15, 10:38 AM
Tyr
Melita lets out an audible curse and scans the area, looking for any sign of the brigands she'd heard.
"Bastards are noisy enough to wake the dead!"

Once she's caught sight of one of the hobgoblins, she tightens her grip on her spear and projects her voice into the sky in an eerily dark manner. "Krulzah morbikh!!"

Initiative: [roll0]

Using Curse of the Fateless on enemy G7 (or whichever enemy is close to that area): Will Save DC 16 or -4 Atk for the duration of the encounter

Loki_42
2012-07-15, 11:17 AM
First Round of Combat

Hobgoblin regular 3 moves to I8, and attempts to fire an arrow into Draygar from his longbow. The arrow wizzes past Draygar's head, leaving him entirely unharmed.
Kerian centers his web on F8, entangling Regulars 1, 2, and 3.
Zyrashana spell emanates out to entangle four of the regulars, but leaving one of them and the Hell Hound free from harm.
Melita curse seemingly fails to affect the hobgoblin, who stares on resolutely.
The Hell Hound, unaffected by any of the spells, moves out into the road, but is stopped short by the steep hill.
Lingi is engulfed by his shield of flame.

Die rolls:Regular 3's attack and damage[roll1].
Saves to avoid Kerian's web: [roll2][roll3][roll4].
Saves to avoid Zyrashana:[roll5][roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10]
Save to resist Curse[1d20-1
Updated Map:http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaint-1.pngBlue outline is Kerian's spell area, and Green is Zyrashana's

Loki_42
2012-07-15, 02:24 PM
On the hobgoblins turns, desite all their struggling, they remain entangled.
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6].

stack
2012-07-15, 09:32 PM
Kerian holds the eye higher, light streaming down form the sky and enveloping him, forming luminous, translucent armor before readying an arrow. "Let us remove these bandits quickly and be on our way."

luminous armor, +5 AC, enemies take -4 in melee

AC 18, 22 vs melee from evil, 25/25 HP

redzarna
2012-07-16, 08:33 AM
Zyrashana stays guard on her mount, with a smirk on her face, as the plants, shrubs and trees grow and twist, wrapping the limbs of the hobgoblins. She seems pleased enough with the effect not to cast another spell or move. The Giant Mantis adopts a fighting pose by her side standing very still, ready to jump if an enemy gets too close to the soother.

Readied action: Zyrashana prepares a wind wall spell in case one of the entangled hobgoblins gets free and aims in her general direction.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-16, 08:51 AM
I scan the battle field, and send one of my minions charging straight at R3.

+2 to Hit, -2 to AC

[roll0]

Crit. Confirm [roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

The second one waits to rip out the throat of any creatures presumptuous enough to approach.

Waylor
2012-07-16, 09:20 AM
Ride to get down of the horse as free instead of move: [roll0] vs DC 20

As a full-round action, Assirra asks for Malphas power to make her invisible for the next 2 rounds.

Questing Beast
2012-07-16, 11:16 AM
Lingi

Lingi makes hand motions and shakes for a few seconds like he is being zapped by a Blue Dragon, suddenly he claps his hand together with an audible pop and yell's "BOOM!" at the top of his lungs. Just as most people would wonder if he has eaten one too many Lotus Flowers he smiles and looks at the enemies arrayed before him, "Who shall meet his maker first?"

Call Lightning (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Call_Lightning)
Dmg: 3d6+4, Save DC: 18, Reflex

Loki_42
2012-07-16, 12:47 PM
Who is Lingi targeting with his spell, QuestingBeast?

Loki_42
2012-07-16, 01:10 PM
Round Two, Part 1
As the Hobgoblins struggle to remove their bindings and Kerian is enveloped in light, Zyrashana stays put, ready to stop any hobgoblins who might get free. From the ruined farmhouse comes a Bladebearing Hobgoblin, clearly of better skill than these grunts, and armed with two shorswords, comes running out of the doorway, stopping in the tall grass as he gets to the road. More noise comes from the farmhouse, but nobody appears to leave.

Updated Battlemap:http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaint-2.png

stack
2012-07-16, 01:47 PM
Kerian Stillhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=421240)

Now ready for a fight (or ready enough, as he reckons it), Kerian draws back on his bowstring, taking aim at the nearby, entangled hobgoblin. Design of armor solid, cultural inclination to discipline...more likely to try to move forward than dodge sideways. Adjust aim down and...loose. The plain shaft leaps forward.

attack vs R1 [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Waylor
2012-07-16, 02:18 PM
Assirra

While invisible, Assirra gets her shield and sword and sneaks into the trees.

Move action: Put the shield on
Move action (Half speed): Move silently and invisible to B4 while drawing the mithral sword

Move silently (C.K., Half speed): [roll0]
Hide (Invisible): [roll1]

nazgulnine
2012-07-16, 03:23 PM
Tyr
Out of the wagon, she sprints toward the hobgoblin she sees to her right, cursing him as she thrusts with her spear. "Magra Drusol!! Your fate is set."

Move: Move to C3.
Swift Act: Curse of the Fateless on R1 (Will 16 or -4 Attack and Damage)
Standard Act: Attack [roll0] for [roll1] damage (Add 4 damage if the Curse is successful)

Loki_42
2012-07-16, 03:44 PM
Round Two, Part 2 and Round Three, Part 1
Melita shouts her curse, and pierces the Hobgoblin straight through, dropping him. The Hellhound races further up the road, fighting the harsh vines, while a second Hellhound races out the farmhouse. Lingi calls down lightning on one of the hobgoblins, but the creature leaps to the side at the last minute, avoiding a potentially devestating shot. Assirra swiftly dismounts her horse, vanishing the moment her feet hit the ground. Two large skeletons materialize out of the air, one at the side of Draygar's cart, and the other to the front of the enemies.
Die Rolls:
Will save to resist curse:1d20-1. Reflex Save to avoid Lightning Bolt: 1d20+1.
The Hobgoblin at R5 finally breaks free from the vines that were constricting him, though his comrades are still stuck. Kerians arrow flies true, striking the Hobgoblin at R2(Is that okay? I figured it would be better than wasting an attack on an already dead enemy), and clearly staggering it.
Updated Combat Map:
http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaint-3.png

redzarna
2012-07-17, 02:49 PM
Zyrashana

The soother's eyes fly over the small battlefield, where every single plant, shrub, bush or tree seems to be trying to capture all the strange bodies on sight. Once again, she doesn't seem to move much, maybe waiting for something else to happen.

Once again, I ready my Wind Wall spell just in case some hobgoblin shoots in my direction. Aaaand, I keep the Giant Praying Mantis by my side.

Loki_42
2012-07-17, 04:12 PM
Round 3, Part 2
While Zyrashana stays mostly still, the Hobgoblin Bladebearer struggles forward 20' through the grass, and then swiftly performs a jump so fast it seems almost impossible, landing next to the skeletal Owlbear and becoming entangled. A bright flash of light appears from an unidentifiable point, enveloping both Regular 3 and the Bladebearer.
Updated Combat Map:http://s1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/?action=view&current=MarauderAttackPaint.png

Questing Beast
2012-07-17, 08:39 PM
Lingi

Points at a Hell Hound (H1) and yells "Zap!" as a Bolt of Lightning streaks from the sky striking at the creature on the ground. Blinking through the after flash the bolt leaves on his eyeballs he hopes to see nothing but charred remains left of the hound.

Call Lightning (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Call_Lightning)
Dmg: [roll0], Save DC: 18, Reflex 1/2

nazgulnine
2012-07-17, 10:37 PM
Tyr

"I'm serving up kebabs! And you're next!" Tyr gets a running start on one of the regulars, stabbing him with her ranseur as she approaches, her voice a-cackle, disregarding the webbing around her, popping up several feet behind him in a whiff of black smoke.

Moving to E5.
Attacking R2: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.
Using Step into the Unknown to move to E8.

Loki_42
2012-07-18, 11:40 AM
Round 3, Part 3
As Melita pops up next to the hobgoblin, her strike causes a vicious wound, bringing him almost to death. Both Hellhounds rush forward, one finally breaking free from the growing plants, and one ending up in between two of it's hobgoblin allies. Unfortunately for the free hellhound, a bolt of lightning rushes down above him, giving him a nasty, though non-fatal, shock. While invisible, Assirra makes her way to A7(That is what you wanted to do, correct?). Finally, one of the skeletal owlbears turns to the Bladebearer and does a vicious attack routine on it, but misses on all of its strikes.

Updated Combat Map:http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaint-4.png

Loki_42
2012-07-18, 08:37 PM
Round 4, Part 1
While his allies are struggling, Regular 5 makes his way out of the grass to engage one of the skeletal owlbears in melee. Strange magical muttering can be heard from the south-end of the battlefield, and a third hellhound appears in I7. In I13, where the spell could be heard coming from, vines reach up and entangle an apparently invisible creature.

Die Rolls:
Strength checks: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Reflex Save: [roll5]

Updated Combat Map:http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaintwithInvisibleCleric.png

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-19, 06:27 PM
I sit quietly, waiting out the entire scenario, observing, hoping for something to die. Maybe in it's swift death could I find a revelation. For now, I glance at my new pets, as they tear into the creatures as they come.

I have the Owlbear 2 begin by using it's full attack, 2 on the Blade Bearer, and one on Hellhound 3.

Owlbear 1 will full attack the Hobgoblin too close to my cart, on the first attack, attempt a grapple, and if that fails I will have it use it's last 2 attacks to just try to tear it apart.

- - - - -
O1: (Regular 5 gets an AoO: if it hits AND pierces the DR 5/bludgeoning, it interrupts the grapple)

Grapple Side:
Melee Touch attack
[roll0]

Hold: Opposed Grapple, if I fail, the attempt to grapple fails. In case of tie, higher grapple modifier wins.
[roll1]

If successful in both regards

I use my position to continue the Full attack, and he (and I) will lose Dex to AC)

[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage for both respective attacks if they hit

[roll4]
[roll5]

Critical Confirmations as Necessary
[roll6]
[roll7]

If any of the steps in the grapple fail, just regular attacks

[roll8]
[roll9]

Damage
[roll10]
[roll11]

Critical Hit Confirmations
[roll12]
[roll13]

- - - - - - - - -- - -

O2's attacks
[roll14] (Target Bladebearer 1)
[roll15] (Target Bladebearer 2)
[roll16] (Target Hellhound 3)

Damage
[roll17] (Bladebearer 1)
[roll18] (Bladebearer 1)
[roll19] (Hellhound 3)

Critical Hit confirmations
[roll20] (Target Bladebearer 1)
[roll21] (Target Bladebearer 2)
[roll22] (Target Hellhound 3)

P.S, sorry for the length.

nazgulnine
2012-07-19, 08:44 PM
Tyr

Tyr's face twists into a scowl as she stabs at the hobgoblin again. "One more soul, his fate changed by a stroke of Aslan's blade."

She pops up several feet behind him in a whiff of black smoke.

Attacking R2: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.
Move: Step into the Unknown to F8.

Loki_42
2012-07-19, 09:14 PM
Well, it's been at least two days for all of you left to post this round, I guess I'll just go with the basics. I'd like it if everyone could at least pop into the ooc to let me know they're still in this.

Round 4, Part 2
Again Melita steps through the air, plunging out with her blade, but missing the mark of the hobgoblin. The three Hellhounds regroup, one unleashing it's fiery breath on Draygar, burning the pale man, and another delivering a vicious bite to the owlbear it's facing. Lingi unleashes another bolt of lighting onto the same hellhound as before, finally killing the beast. Assirra trudges through the grass to look through the window into the farmhouse before quickly stepping back. Inside the farmhouse is a small camp set up, with a pot cooking some food over a fire and sleeping bags spread haphazardly about the room. Things are less cheerful on the west end of the wall, five human corpses clearly visible, three of them in studded leather with crossbows at their side. As the owlbear attempts to start a grapple with the hobgoblin, the hobgoblin takes a swing and creates a shallow cut in the creature's bone, but the owlbear continues on, grappling the foe. Enraged, the owlbear misses it's next to attacks. The other skeleton fares only slightly better, missing it's first and last attacks, but landing a solid blow against the Bladebearer.

Die Rolls:
Fort Save: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] to Draygar
Recharge: [roll2]
Bite Attack: [roll3]
Possible Crit: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] [roll6] to O2
Reflex Save: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8] to H1
Attack of Opportunity: [roll9]
Possible Crit: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11] to O1
Opposed Grapple: [roll12]

Updated Combat Map:http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaintwithInvisibleCleric-1.png

redzarna
2012-07-19, 09:54 PM
Zyrashana

As some enemies reach the improvised caravan, Zyrashana unleashes the giant praying mantis with a short command, as she points towards the nearest hell hound. "Kill!"

The mantis charges with a short leap propelled by its wings, to tear the devil dog to shreds with raptorial talons.

Attack: [roll0]
Confirm Critical Hit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

If the attack hits, it automatically tries to grab the target:
Grapple Check: [roll3]

If the grapple check succeeds, the mantis will get a free bite attack with full AB:
Bite attack: [roll4]
Confirm Critical Hit: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Effective AC while charging: 12

Questing Beast
2012-07-20, 12:08 PM
Lingi

Awaits his next opportunity to crush and fry another Hell Hound dropping a bolt of lightning from the sky onto his nearest target.

Target H2 if it still alive when Lingi's next turn comes around.
Call Lightning
Dmg: 3d6+4, Save DC: 18, Reflex

Loki_42
2012-07-20, 01:38 PM
Round 5, Part 1
Despite all of their struggling, none of the hobgoblins escape, though they do receive reinforcements, six more hobgoblin regulars running up from the southwest, responding to the sound of battle. The Mantis charges the hellhound, ripping into it with its claws, attempting to grapple, but failing.

Die Rolls:
Strength Checks: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Grapple: [roll5]

Updated Combat Map: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaintwithInvisibleCleric-2.png

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-20, 04:37 PM
Seeing the damage my cart, and I have sustained from the blazing fire that surrounded me from the hell hound, I have an irate expression on my face amid the reaction towards the burning pain.

Master, give this one last tortured soul a chance to live on so as to cause others sorrow.
I mutter as I try to conjure his blessings to repair my burn wounds.

Swiftly afterward, I say, with a rumble to my voice, hoping the sounds of battle drown out my commands

Rise!

As the 3 skeletons rise from their coffins.

Seeing the creature that just burnt my cart, I decide to heal myself and wait it out, while using a free action to command the skeletons in the back of my cart (technicaly closest to me), to rise from their coffins as a free action.

This spell turns the bones or bodies of dead creatures into undead skeletons or zombies that follow your spoken commands.
. . .
In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn’t your turn. Speaking more than few sentences is generally beyond the limit of a free action.

I won't give them any more than that, due to them having to take time to come free of their coffins, so next turn they will exit through the nearest hole or gap in my cart.

Note:
These are Human Skeletons, and have (due to Corpse Crafter feats)
have a total 17 Strength, 8 HP, +4 to Initiative, and a Move Speed of 40feet.

Also, on Death they explode, dealing 1d6 Negative energy Damage in a 10ft radius, DC 15 Ref save for Half. Heals the other undead.

Cure Light wounds:
[roll0]

Owlbears

Owlbear One will full attack,

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Crit confirmations
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

The Second Owlbear will focus it's full attack one claw at the Hellhound, one claw at the Blade Bearer, and One Bite at the Hell hound.

[roll10] Hellhound
[roll11] Blade Bearer
[roll12] Hellhound

[roll13] Hellhound
[roll14] Bladebearer
[roll15] Hellhound

Critical Hit Confirmations
[roll16] Hellhound
[roll17] Blade Bearer
[roll18] Hellhound.

Also: If the Hellhound dies on the first attack, I'm going to change the attack target of the Bite to the Bladebearer.

redzarna
2012-07-22, 12:36 AM
Zyrashana

The soother grimaces as her mantis fails to grab its prey, mumbling a curse as more hobgoblins start approaching. She lifts her spear and points her finger at her fellow vermin. "Aea sapiri nva!"

Zyrashana casts Bull's Strength on the Mantis, giving it a total STR score of 23.

-- Continues a couple of posts below --

Waylor
2012-07-22, 05:05 PM
Assirra

Assirra gets one of the sleep-smoke bags from her belt and throws it against the reinforcements.

Attack roll to hit A12 with inspiration: [roll0]
10-feet diameter smoke, second turn it becomes 20-feet diameter, third turn it becomes harmless.

DC 15 Fort vs poison, initial damage: 1 minute sleep, secondary damage: 1d3 minute sleep.

Loki_42
2012-07-22, 08:56 PM
Round 5, Part 2
Melita stabs at regular 2, finally killing the warrior, and moves forward to engage the next Hobgoblin in his sight. Hellhound 2 breathes it's fiery breath on Lingi, burning the elf for 9 damage. Residual flames remain on Draygar, but he avoids damage.. The third Hellhound attempts to bite the owlbear, but misses. A bolt of Lightning comes down on Hellhound 2, felling the beast. Assirra tosses a small bag at the horde of oncoming hobgoblins, and it sprays out a thick smoke, causing one of the hobgoblins to drop into a deep sleep. Draygar heals his wounds with some magic as 3 skeletal humans burst out of the coffins he carries. The owlbears mostly fail to pull off any attacks, just landing one weak hit on the sole surviving Hellhound.

Die rolls:
Crit confirm: [roll1]
Reflex Save: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Recharge: [roll5]
Reflex save: [roll6]
Attack: [roll7]
Crit Confirmation: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9] [roll10]

Updated Combat Map:http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaintwithInvisibleCleric-3.png

Questing Beast
2012-07-24, 09:54 AM
Lingi

Deciding to up the ante Lingi moves (to B5) on the way pulling a bit of road dust from his cloak and running a finger along the spout of his water-skin. Lingi looks at the group of newcomers smiling a deadly smile and mouths words that feel of ice and winter. A storm of ice and hail appears above the new opponents bashing at them.

Ice Storm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/iceStorm.htm)
DMG Blugeon: [roll0]
DMG Cold: [roll1]
No Save, SR (yes)
20' Radius, Centered on A13,A14,B13,B14
1 Rnd 1/2 Move then it dissipates

redzarna
2012-07-26, 05:57 AM
Zyrashana

-- Continued --

The monstrously big insect charges the last hell hound.

Effective AC: 12

If the attack hits, it automatically tries to grab the target: (+2 because of Bull's Strength):

If the grapple check succeeds, the mantis will get a free bite attack with full AB:
Bite attack: [roll4]

Otherwise, the bite attack uses its normal attack bonus:
Bite attack: [roll7]
Confirm Critical Hit: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-26, 09:33 AM
I look behind, and see the lilting forms of my skeletons, and give the second command
Strike!

Pointing at R5, while I signal to the 3rd to attack the Bladebearer still trapped in the thistles like a rabbit.

I give a look over the donkey as the fight progresses, making sure I wouldn't have to work Afflux's will upon this beast of burden.

Owlbears

O1 Makes an Opposed Grapple check to Pin R5.
[roll0]

Pin would leave him immobilized for 1 round, and -4 AC against anyone not pinning him (The Skeletons).

If that fails he can do nothing else.

- - - - - - - -
O2:
If the Hellhound is still alive after the Mantis tries to take it out, I have the Owlbear, spend the first Claw on the Hellhound. If the Hellhound is dead, spend it all on the Bladebearer

[roll1] Hellhound/Bladebearer
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage
[roll4] Hellhound/Bladebearer
[roll5]
[roll6]

Critical hit confirmations

[roll7] Hellhound/Bladebearer
[roll8]
[roll9]

The Skeletons

2 of them get on either side of the grappling Hobgoblin, and try to get in a good stab with their Scimitars.

Skeleton 1 [roll10]
Skeleton 2 [roll11]

Skeleton 1 [roll12]
Skeleton 2 [roll13]

Critical Hit confirmations
Skeleton 1 [roll14]
Skeleton 2 [roll15]

Skeleton 3, heads towards J5, and takes out his Scimitar, trying to get a good cut at the Bladebearer

[roll16]

[roll17]

Critical Hit confirmation

[roll18]

Note: My Owlbears will disappear at Round 8.

Loki_42
2012-07-26, 11:11 AM
Round 6
The great majority of the hobgoblins continue to struggle to escape, but their efforts are in vain. The Mantis charges the remaining Hellhound, wounding it with a vicious strike and then grappling it. While the beast is grappled, the mantis delivers another heavy blow, almost killing the hellhound. Melita strikes at the next hobgoblin in her path, almost felling the bandit. Struggling against the mantis, the hellhound delivers a fiery bite(9 damage total, 2 fire). Lingi's Ice Storm devastates the reinforcements, every hobgoblin in the contingent being killed by the falling hail. Assirra moves into a position where she is better able to join the fight later. The Owlbear manages to pin the hobgoblin, and a strike from one of the two flanking skeletons mortally wounds it. The second Owlbear manages to get off a good strike on the Bladebearer, who then gets another wound from the final skeletons scimitar.

Die Rolls:
Escape: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Grapple Check: [roll5]
Attack: [roll6]
Crit Confirm: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Opposed Grapple: [roll9]

Updated Combat Map: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaintwithInvisibleCleric-4.png

Questing Beast
2012-07-26, 02:33 PM
Lingi

Smiling at removing so many enemies from play Lingi looks to the Cleric summoning another lightning strike from the sky.

Call Lightning

Stats:
AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10, HP 27 (32), Fort: +3, Refl:+3, Will: +3
Current Spells: Fire Shield (Cold), Call Lightning (7 Uses)

redzarna
2012-07-30, 07:32 AM
Zyrashana

The Giant Mantis drops the Hell Hound, and slashes its body once more, hopefully getting rid of the devilish pest.

If the attack hits, it automatically tries to grab the target: (+2 because of Bull's Strength):

Bite Attack: [roll4]

Bite Attack: [roll7]

ExtravagantEvil
2012-07-31, 12:06 PM
I sit there calmly as I watch the chaos of battle unfold, and still studying every pump of blood now spilled, and the eyes of every single one of these monsters, hoping that some good observation can inspire my research, while I still yell about my minions.

Skeletons

I have S Get into flanking position with O2 around the Bladebearer.

He attacks, with a heavy swing

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Threatening Critical (as needed)
[roll2]

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Skeletons 1 and 2, hop forward 15 feet, and flank R4.

[roll3]
[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]
[roll6]

Threatening Critical as Needed
[roll7]
[roll8]

Owlbears: (2 rounds left, before disappearing)

The O2 Maneuvers toward C1, using 30 feet of move to get into I-10
O1 approaches H3, and is in space H-6, and attacks the beast

[roll9]

Damage
[roll10]

Threatening Critical
[roll11]

Loki_42
2012-08-02, 01:02 PM
Round 7
R5 leads the attack, taking a swing at the owlbear with his lonsword, but failing to deliver any lasting wound. Amidst all of the struggling, the Bladebearer breaks out of the vines and grins."Now you all will face my wrath! Who dares face the Red Hand?". The Mantis drops the hellhound, and begins carving at it, delivering a brutal bite and leaving it close to dead. The Hellhound quickly retaliates, unleashing it's breath against the skeletons, and dealing 5 Fire Damage(counting DR)to both the human and the owlbear. Lingi unleashes a lightning bolt onto the cleric, leaving him even more wounded, or at least that's what his screams would suggest. S1 gets in a good swing with his longsword against the newly freed Bladebearer. As the other two skeletons head back towards the still entangled hobgoblins, R5 gets a heavy swing in, but fails to leave any lasting damage. Now flanking R4, S1 gets a nasty swing in, leaving a large gash in the hobgoblins side. As the Owlbear heads toward the cleric, the Hellhound gets in a bite, dealing 1 point of damage to it. The other Owlbear approaches the Hellhound, and attempts to bite at it, unfortunately missing.
Die Rolls:
Crit Confirmation: [roll1]
Escape: [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
Attack: [roll8]
Crit Confirm: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
Reflex Saves: [roll11]
[roll12]
Damage: [roll13]
Recharge: [roll14]
Reflex Save: [roll15]
Attack of Opportunity: [roll16]
Crit Confirmation: [roll17]
Damage: [roll18] [roll19]
Attack of Opportunity: [roll20]
Crit Confirmation: [roll21]
Damage: [roll22]

Updated Combat Map: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaintwithInvisibleCleric-5.png

Waylor
2012-08-03, 01:30 AM
Assirra takes off the shield, drops the sword and draws her bow

Move: Take shield off
Free: Drop
Standar: Draw

redzarna
2012-08-03, 08:00 AM
Zyrashana

Once again, and hopefully for the last time, the Giant Mantis tries to pin the hell hound with its huge talons (5ft step and Full Attack)

Bite Attack: [roll7]

Questing Beast
2012-08-03, 09:05 AM
Lingi

Smiling at the challenge presented to him Lingi looks at the Blade Bearer and then at the cleric then back again. Talking to the Blade Bearer, "You will have to wait for a bit oh fuzzy one I have something more important to deal with right now." With that he drops another lightning strike on the Clerics location.

Call Lightning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/callLightning.htm)

Stats:
AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10, HP 27 (32), Fort: +3, Refl:+3, Will: +3
Current Spells: Fire Shield (Cold), Call Lightning (6 Uses)

ExtravagantEvil
2012-08-05, 10:20 PM
Owlbears

O1 Charges at the Cleric, and swings, as in my mind, I know my powers chain them here only for mere seconds longer, already it's bones shake, and the power slowly makes it's eyes turn from red to flickering orbs of nothing.

[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Critical Hit Confirmation

[roll2]

O2 attempts in it's final seconds to hold down the leader of this band for as long as it is so able.

[roll3] Touch Attack, if B1 hits on an AoO and does Damage, grapple fails.

[roll4] Opposed Grapple Checks.

Skeletons

S1 will attack the now Grappled Bladebearer.

[roll5]

Damage
[roll6]

Critical Hit:
[roll7]

- - - - - - - - -

S2 and S3

They run forward and flank R5. S2 taking J2, and S3 heads toward L2.

They then, coordinate as my mind commands, and my mouth rasps, the heat making my words fall flat in the weight of the heat, but my minions know what I demand as I watch my experiments carry themselves out.

[roll8] S2
[roll9] S3

Damage

[roll10] S2
[roll11] S3

Critical Confirmations

[roll12] S2
[roll13] S3

nazgulnine
2012-08-06, 09:32 AM
Tyr

After felling the final hobgoblin in her path, Melita quickly looks to the mass of vines constricting something and tries to get a bit closer, tapping at it with the head of her spear.
What the hell is that?

Hearing the challenge posed upon her traveling companions, Tyr steels herself and looks wildly back, searching for the questioner.

Attack on C,l: [roll0]
Crit?: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] (x3 if crit)

Loki_42
2012-08-06, 01:51 PM
Round 8
The free regular hops forward(EE, you get an attack of opportunity), swinging wildly at the pale man still in his cart, and missing. The rest of the hobgoblins continue to remain bound, despite their struggling. The mantis gets off to a bad start, missing with it's slashes, but it finally kills the hell hound, it's powerful jaws piercing the beast in half. The Bladebearer hears the mage's response, and rushes forward, out of the vines and on his way toward Lingi(Waylor, you get an attack of opportunity). As the vines writhe around a seemingly invisible person, Melita pierces into the air, and is treated to screams of pain. Those same screams are cut short as another of Lingi's lightning bolts flies down from the sky, ending the creature's spell and revealing a banded mail clad hobgoblin, grasping a holy symbol. The owlbear, seeing its prey dead, turns back on the hobgoblin regular behind it killing it with it's skeletal claws. The other owlbear chases down the bladebearer, attempting to grapple with it. Not only does it fail to grab ahold of the hobgoblin, but it also takes a wound from one of the foes short swords(3 points of damage to the Owlbear, counting DR). Meanwhile, one of the skeletons follows the bladebearer, trying to get in a good swing, but is unable to reach it in time. The other two skeletons run back to the only free regular and slice at him, killing him where he stands.

Die Rolls:
crit: [roll1]
Escapes: [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
Attack of Opportunity: [roll7]
Crit: [roll8]
Attack of Opportunity: [roll10]
Crit: [roll]1d20+4[roll]
Damage: [roll11]

Updated Combat Map: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaintwithInvisibleCleric-6.png

nazgulnine
2012-08-06, 03:05 PM
Melita Tyr

I'll have to congratulate whoever manipulated that lightning...
Surprised at the appearance of the invisible cleric, Tyr spits on the corpse before turning her attention to the rest of the battlefield. Seeing the bladebearer advancing on the priests, Tyr feels a sudden rush as her heart climbs into her throat, her body pulsing with an aura of murderous intent. Warping beside the giant mantis and out of the overgrowth, she runs to the bladebearer, ranseur in hand, and thrusts.

Move: Teleport 20' to E8 and move forward 15' to E5
Swift: project Aura of Misfortune - Recklessness*
Standard: Attack B

Attack:[roll0]
Crit?:[roll1]
[roll2] (x3 on crit)

*Any enemy within 60' of Tyr receives a -2 AC penalty and cannot make 5ft steps.

Questing Beast
2012-08-06, 04:40 PM
Lingi

Giggles as the Bladebearer charges recklessly towards his position, "Not the smartest of tacticians are you?" Lingi pulls a small dagger out of a sheath in his belt and makes a few swiping and spinning motions with it while chanting in an arcane language. Suddenly the area around him is surrounded by whirring steel blades.

Ring of Blades (http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-arcane--55/ring-of-blades--474/)
DMG: 1d6+10 to any within 5'

((That's the best copy I can find. DR applies but there's no save or SR. According to the Spell Compendium they are Magic, Silver and Slashing vs. DR))

redzarna
2012-08-09, 12:00 PM
The Giant Mantis charges against one of the last regulars ((R6)).

Loki_42
2012-08-12, 06:44 PM
Round 9, Part 1
The remaining two regulars struggle to escape, but to no avail, as the giant mantis charges forward and kills one with it's claws. The Bladebearer continues on it's path towards the mage who responded to his challenge, ignoring the danger for the sake of his pride. When he reaches the mage, he somehow gets in a good swing with each of his shortswords(18 damage to Lingi), but succumbing to the flame shield shortly after. The hobgoblin finally falls after a vicious stab from Melita, and the daggers summoned by Lingi.

Die Rolls:
Escape: [roll0]
[roll1]
Attacks: [roll2]
[roll3]
Crits: [roll4]
[roll5]
[roll7]
Damage(from ring of blades): [roll8]
Damage(from Flame Shield): [roll9]

Updated Combat Map: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/TheRealLoki42/MarauderAttackPaintwithInvisibleCleric-7.png

Questing Beast
2012-08-12, 09:20 PM
Lingi

Staggering back after the vicious one, two combo of sword thrusts piercing his body Lingi gets a look on his face that indicates both shock and annoyance, "If you weren't already dead I'd toast you, this blood on my clothes will probably take a laundress to remove." Then almost as an after thought, "You poked holes in me." Muttering a word of activation Lingi is suddenly covered with a subtle blue glow emanating from his belt, the worst of his wounds close somewhat.

Healing Belt (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/therealm/items/belt-of-healing) 3 charges all at once.
[roll0]

EDIT:
HP:27-18+10=19

Waylor
2012-08-13, 05:12 PM
Assirra

Seeing how the combat seems finished, Asirra picks up her sword and leads back to the window to get a better look of what's inside.

Loki_42
2012-08-13, 10:23 PM
Looking into the window, Assirra sees much the same as before, the main area of the farmhouse converted into a crude campsite for the hobgoblins, with five still-fresh corpses piled up along the west wall. There do not appear to be any more enemies, and aside from the weapons and armor of three of the corpses, there appears to be nothing of battle.

Spot-DC 10:Focusing more on the corpses, you see a small pouch, slightly open with gold slightly spilling out of the top right to the edge of the bodies.

Questing Beast
2012-08-15, 09:09 AM
Lingi

Dismissing the ring of blades surrounding him Lingi starts fussing about his person straightening clothing checking on his personal effects and brushing off his clothing and gear. While muttering under his breath about the nasty creatures trying to ruin his personal appearance he finally gets around to inspecting the bodies of the slain creatures and eventually moves on to the little house to inspect it as well.

Putting anything easily removed from the bodies worth selling or keeping into a pile to the side of the wagon, while keeping well out of reach of the undead along with the one who brought them around. Not looking nervous so much as cautious and a bit disgusted of the necromancy, "Disturbing talent you have there."

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Loki_42
2012-08-15, 01:59 PM
Lingi removes from the corpses: 355 gp, 3 suits of studded leather armor, 1 suit of masterwork studded leather armor, 5 suits of chainmail, 1 suit of +1 Banded Mail, 1 light steel shield, 5 heavy steel shields, 3 light crossbows, 1 masterwork light mace, 3 longswords, 5 masterwork longswords, 2 +1 shortswords, 5 composite longbows, 100 arrows, 6 unidentified red potions, 5 unidentified green potions, Holy Symbol(DC 15 to identify patron), and an unidentified scroll.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-08-15, 03:10 PM
I sigh, and wipe the sweat from my brow, and stoically order the skeletons back to their coffins, hoping none will have dramatically noticed their presence among the webs and vines.

Hearing the voice by my cart and say

*Sigh*... tragic, I was hoping it would not be apparent so easily. This is no talent, but a study into the heart of all living things, by figuring out what it isn't. Simple logic, surely. And things are only disturbing if you don't understand them. That's why I've set out to understand everything about what it means to live, by knowing what it means to no longer live. Simple.
At least this spat has given me a slight inkling than yesterday...

Questing Beast
2012-08-15, 10:24 PM
Lingi

Looking at the Necromancer and listening out of one ear at first while he gathers together the pile of stuff by the end of what the man says Lingi is openly listening and nodding his head, "Well at least you believe it and that's what counts. I myself prefer to make things dead not play with them, to each his own though my friend. Just don't have plans on making me one of your toys or we shall be at odds. I do applaud your zest for knowledge just not your method, but then again most don't appreciate mine either." Poking through all the gear he picks up a piece here and there looking it over thoughtfully before putting it back down, "My talents don't run along identifying any of these things so if someone else can do so feel free."

ExtravagantEvil
2012-08-16, 05:30 AM
My curiosity slightly peaked, I raise a thin brow

Oh, and what are your methods? And why should I restrict my options for test subjects, if you cease to live, I might make you a case study. But, I do not mean this as a threat, nor do I see you crossing the threshold all that likely.

I step off of my cart, and start lifting the corpses themselves into some of the spare coffins.

redzarna
2012-08-16, 05:37 AM
Zyrashana

"I find the ease with which trifling with the undeath seems to be accepted rather amusing. Especially when not that long ago my arts were being questioned." The woman calls her Mantis back, and the enormous monstrosity jumps towards the soother, slowly hovering the last few feet using its wings.

"I must say I expected a much less... hectic journey." The woman then looks towards Assirra "Did you find anything there? What were these miscreants up to?"

Questing Beast
2012-08-16, 01:47 PM
Lingi

Looking towards Zyrashana as the Necromancer starts shifting the bodies around, "I found a few trinkets among them, of what use they may be to you I know not. I have not found anything overly informative of why this band is here, they do seem rather well equipped for just a raiding party." Pointing to the pile of goodies, "Their belongings are here for you to poke through though if you choose."

Turning and stepping out of range as corpses flopping hand tries to slap at him while it is propped onto the cart, "If you were ready to seek the same truth I am you would have knowledge of what to seek already. As for your plans I shall keep in mind to immolate myself and do as much collateral damage if it comes to the choice of being ash or a toy." Looking at those that did not flee or cower the the warriors and poets along with himself. Gesturing to those that remained and fought well, "I think as of today I take another step along my path of knowing more. Would you few be interested in traveling further together?"

redzarna
2012-08-16, 03:11 PM
Zyrashana

The soother turns her masked visage towards Lingi as he speaks "Just for the sake of safety, we would gladly ride with you. Who knows what else fate has in store for us?"

ExtravagantEvil
2012-08-16, 07:24 PM
After a good 3 more coffins are filled, I clamber back to my cart, straightening my priestly garb, and giving my donkey a quick check up to see whether she functions in the state of life. Seeing her unharmed, I reacquaint myself with the disguise, and give a huff as this is too much effort for a man of the mind.

My Patron is never truly accepted, nor his trade seen with pride. I am just as interested in his acceptance as thou. I recognize the symbol of you and your companion's Divine Master, I'm sure we could have a small discussion on our beliefs later, I would like to learn more.

Bluff check to give the "wink wink, nudge nudge" to Zyrashana and her friend about having sommething a little more tthan philosophical debate in mind. If I have to roll something else to keep this little innuendo from the other party members, I'll post in OoC a different roll

[roll0]

redzarna
2012-08-17, 10:13 PM
Zyrashana

The soother stares at the man for a few seconds without saying a word. The mask might be hiding an arched eyebrow, yet it's difficult to say. Then, she spurs her horse to get closer to her companion. "Were you harmed in the battle? I lost sight of you for a moment..."

Questing Beast
2012-08-18, 07:23 AM
Lingi

Smiling at the woman on the horse and spreading his arms apart she can most definitely see a few wounds left between a scorch mark on his thigh and twin holes poked into his chest, "I was beginning to think someone would never ask. If you have the skill to bind these I would appreciate it mi'lady. After that I suggest we get moving towards the township. I'm certain they want to know about this and those folk inside may have had family in the area." With that said and the necromancer's sealing of the coffins Lingi loads the "loot" onto the back of the wagon.

Was there anything remarkable (or identifiable) about the corpses inside the building?

redzarna
2012-08-18, 10:54 AM
Zyrashana

((I was actually referring to Assirra, but since it's been 4 days since Waylor's last post...))

The soother approaches Lingi and quickly examines his wounds. "Nothing but a flesh wound, mh?." She touches the man's arm and one of the moonstones on her leather belt shines for a brief moment, as a sudden surge of warmth, positive energy runs through Lingi's body.

I use one charge of the healing belt for [roll0] HP

Loki_42
2012-08-18, 11:11 AM
Was there anything remarkable (or identifiable) about the corpses inside the building?

Looking closer at the bodies, it's easy to tell they're from two separate groups, one corpse appears to be a farmer, who likely owned the very house you found him in, and the other four look to be well dressed, possibly a merchant and her bodyguards.

Is everyone ready to move on to the town?

Loki_42
2012-08-19, 07:27 PM
Alright, let's keep things moving along.

The five of you gather up the items of the fallen bandits and they're previous prey, and seeing how the remaining hobgoblin seems to have run away at some point during your discussions, you continue onward to your initial goal. It takes some time, but you finally reach Drellin's Ferry by late afternoon. The town is built mostly on one side of a broad, sluggish river. You can make out six old, stone piers indicating where a bridge once stood, but whatever structure was there is long gone by now, replaced instead by several large, flat-bottomed ferry boats. The town is surrounded by green fields and orchards, but inside there is much activity, with townsfolk hurrying about and making preparations.

"Halt!" comes a booming voice from a town guard in scale-mail with a curling, waxed mustache, flanked by three other guards in leather. "State your business."

Questing Beast
2012-08-20, 12:23 PM
Lingi

Walking past the wagon to approach the man Lingi fingers the recently made holes in his garments, "I for one seek a seamstress, a clean comfortable room and a decent meal for the evening." Seemingly done speaking something else occurs to him frowning at the bad news he is about to drop, "Oh one other thing, is it you we should inform about the hobgoblin raiding party that attacked us as well as the locals they left dead in a farmhouse a bit back down the main road? Or is there someone else we need to notify?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

redzarna
2012-08-20, 04:02 PM
Zyrashana

The soother looks towards the guard, haughty, but doesn't speak a word, letting Lingi do his thing for now.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-08-20, 04:24 PM
I wait for this to play out and make my symbol to Pelor more obviously worn on my neck, as I hope they stay away from my cart.

Loki_42
2012-08-20, 06:38 PM
The guard looks to Lingi in shock. "You fought some of them? Where? Bands of those murderous savages have been skulking all around town recently. It's a pity that they killed the locals, but not surprising. You're lucky you made it out alive. Did they attack all of you?"

Calming down a bit, he continues. "As for your other questions, Jarret at the town store should be able to help you with your clothes. If you're looking for an inn, you could go to the Old Bridge, just ahead and to your left, or you could try the Green Apple, over on the other side of the square." He pauses, then mutters, "I prefer the Old Bridge, myself."

Questing Beast
2012-08-20, 07:50 PM
Lingi

"Did they attack all of us? I'm not sure who else got stabbed besides myself but we definitely made them feel it for bothering us. Between my friends here with the Mantis and," noticing that the gentleman in the wagon playing with Pelor's holy symbol "that man there we managed to survive. If you have a problem with these creatures maybe someone in charge would like to hire us to clean up the area." Smiling at the necromancers blatant lie to fool people Lingi wonders what is going to happen if the man has to use the dead during a battle somewhere less out of the way than the abandoned farm stead.

Loki_42
2012-08-20, 09:17 PM
The man smiles at your offer to help. "Well, I don't really have the authority to hire you on, but I can't deny we're in a rough spot. Tell you what, go down to the Old Toll House, that's that big stone building right over there, ask for Captain Soranna. Tell her Sergeant Hersk sent you. Now, if that's all your questions, you lot are free to go on in." The four guards stand to the side, giving you entrance into the town.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-08-21, 05:34 AM
Something contorts onto my face for a brief instant, some would call that an instant of a smile on his tired, greying features.

May the Holy Light give you Protection at your post

I say, with a false smile and a nod, tapping on the reins to get my dear Mule to inch past the gate, and into the city. Ripe with possible experiment.

Questing Beast
2012-08-21, 02:23 PM
Lingi

Suppressing a cough as the wagon rolls past Lingi catches up to the driver, "Well it sounds like there is coin to be made here. Might I suggest we continue to pool our resources and hire ourselves on together with this Captain Soranna?" Hoping Zyrashana will also agree to this Lingi speaks loud enough for her to overhear without being too loud that the Watchmen can listen in. "I feel the need to freshen up a bit before we speak to this Captain however, I see no reason to rush to her doorstep while not presentable. That might give the wrong impression and lower expectations of our prowess." With that said Lingi looks towards the Old Bridge tavern and shakes his head when he considers what the Watch Sergeant tastes most likely consist of. He then turns toward the town store and Jarret before heading to the Green Apple Inn to get a room and hot bath. "I need some additional things if anyone cares to join me at the town store, otherwise I shall take a room at the Green Apple Inn mentioned by the Watchman. Shall we meet back up in say 2 hours at the Toll House in order to present ourselves?"

As long as everyone agrees Lingi heads to the Store to purchase a few things like additional clothes.

@Loki_42 Can Spell components be purchased there? I should have noticed when creating the PC but a few things to cast are not in my inventory.

Loki_42
2012-08-21, 04:02 PM
Lingi:
You should be able to buy spell components at the general store, yes.

ExtravagantEvil:
What are you actually intending to do in town, your post is vague.

Everyone else:
Do you agree with Lingi's plan?

ExtravagantEvil
2012-08-21, 08:11 PM
Actually, I was waiting for an exact moment like this before I put my plans out, the team huddle and break.

Yes, let us meet this Guard Captain. You have all proved interesting, a rare company to find among the living.
I have some private business to take care of. I will settle my matters post haste.

[roll0]
Knowledge Religion to remember any Churches in the surrounding area that could be more tolerant of my Undead Studies.

I Roll out my Cart, and head to the first general store I find, and pick up a Shovel (2gp), and 20gp worth of generic spell components

Then, I'm looking for a place, at a different gate (preferably to the right of our entrance gate), to a good spot outside of town, to hunker down and take some time taking these burial sites made for these caskets in my cart, setting several (The Hobgoblins) Into the soil. Not too deep, but enough to hide them from lay person eyes (3 feet, loosely compacted).

I set the dead Hobgoblins (4 Regulars, and Bladebearer, are what I collected up, due to limited number of Coffins).

The 4 Unanimated Humans stay in my cart.

[roll1] To Know how to set up a Pelor grave site, and make it believable.

As I bury the corpses, before loading in the 3 skeletons, I have them take watch around the area as they're loaded in.

Then, I load the 3 skeletons into the pit, after everything looks secure.

- - - - - - - -
After that, I head to the stables, and drop off Ollania (The Mule, that's her name now), and my Cart.
- - - - - - - -

As my time winds down, I go to the Green Apple, wash up, and head to the guard post, hoping to make it within the time frame.

Loki_42
2012-08-21, 08:31 PM
ExtravagantEvil:
You recall that there is a church of Wee Jas down the road in Brindol, which while not entirely okay with the undead, are certainly more accepting than Pelorites.

You set off while Lingi and the others are still discussing there plans. You make your way to a small stone storefront, with a sign hanging in the front proclaiming it to be Jarett's Sundries, the general store which Sergeant Hersk mentioned. A lean, muscular woman with black hair stands behind the counter, presumably the Jarrett named by the sign outside. Upon your entrance, she looks up and grunts out "What can I get for you?"

She frowns a little at your request, but hand you a shovel and a spell component pouch(5 gp). After you leave the store, and set up what you feel to be a decent facsimile of a Pelorite grave, you make your way back to the Green Apple, where a stout Dwarven woman who introduces herself as Tharrma tells you that rooms here are 5 silvers a day.

Questing Beast
2012-08-22, 09:40 AM
Lingi

Seeing the wagon heading to the store also Lingi waits until the "Pelorite" is done with his business and sees what he can sell among the equipment scavenged from the raiders. While the women looks over what he has for her Lingi peers around gathering a few basics he is missing like another set of clothing. Holding up the unknown Holy symbol from the Hobgoblin raiders Lingi shows it to the woman before leaving, "Have you seen the like of this before? It was with those who attacked us but I don't recognize the deity."

Once he is done he hustles over to the Green Apple in order to get a room, a quick bath and change his clothes.

Can anyone ID the magical items that we don't know what they are?

Since nobody laid claim to anything Lingi will sell the most of the non-magical equipment and whatever of the ID'd magical equipment she is willing to purchase, starting with the heaviest stuff first.

Need to Split:
355 gp

Selling:
3 suits of studded leather armor, 1 suit of masterwork studded leather armor, 5 suits of chainmail, 1 suit of +1 Banded Mail, 1 light steel shield, 5 heavy steel shields, 3 light crossbows, 1 masterwork light mace, 3 longswords, 5 masterwork longswords, 2 +1 shortswords, 5 composite longbows,

Lingi:
He will keep the 100 arrows
Purchasing - Spell components (for specific spells), Explorer's outfit

Needs IDing (Lingi will put all this into his Hewards Handy until it gets ID'd so we can either split or sell the following):
6 unidentified red potions, 5 unidentified green potions, Holy Symbol(DC 15 to identify patron), and an unidentified scroll.

How are we doing loot? My suggestion is that we pool everything's selling price and split the loot into shares. If someone keeps an item then that person deducts it's selling value from their share. If someone keeps something really expensive (more than their share) they can add money to the pool to make up the difference or just not take a share until the difference is made up.

Loki_42
2012-08-22, 11:21 AM
The woman looks deeply at the holy symbol, before turning to you. "Well, I could be mistaken, but that looks like it could be dedicated to a draconic goddess, Tiamat." For the rest of the items you're selling(If anyone changes their mind and want some of the items, let me know, I'll subtract the price from this total), she gives you over 4507 gp.

On Identification:
You can either have Identify/Analyze Dweomer cast on the items, or you can use spellcraft. For potions, you can consume one of the potions to identify it's effect.

Questing Beast
2012-08-22, 04:15 PM
Lingi

Taking another look at the items Lingi attempts to ascertain their properties while he waits for the others to catch up to him outside the Toll House.

[spoiler]6 unidentified red potions - Spellcraft [roll0]
5 unidentified green potions - Spellcraft [roll1]
unidentified scroll - Spellcraft [roll2][/spoiler

Loki_42
2012-08-22, 04:24 PM
Try all you might, Lingi is unable to identify either the red potions or the scroll, but deduces that the green potions are potions of Conviction.

Also, I suppose both you and Draygar(EE's character) are both outside the toll house, if you want to do some rp. I'm going to at least wait for Zyrashana to do her thing before moving on though.

Questing Beast
2012-08-22, 07:43 PM
Lingi

Walking up to the wagon Lingi raises his hand to the Draygar and pulls a sack containing all the coins and unsold items out of his pack. Placing the sack onto the wagon bed behind the coffins, "Well here is what we managed to get for selling all of that stuff. I kept the extra arrows for myself but other than that it's all right here." Holding up one of the green potions are potions, "I think these are potions of Conviction but I am unsure of the red potions or the scroll. Do you want to take a peek to see if what they are? I myself don't need any potions of conviction but on the other hand I'm loath to toss them up for sale since they could come in handy." Putting the potions back onto the planking and pulling out the Holy Symbol, "Also the Store clerk said she thinks that this Holy Symbol may be for a Tiamat worshiper. Do you have any ideas why a Hobgoblin would worship a Dragon goddess?"

I'm going to add the arrows to my Inv but will wait until we work out what the party wants to do about splitting loot before we divvy up the Gold from selling stuff.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-08-22, 11:32 PM
Knowledge History
[roll0]

Knowledge Religion
[roll1]

I plumb the depths of my education to see what I know of the Hobgoblins and their gods in this region, and whether there has been anything in the past that could push them towards the Dragon queen

All knowledge is worthwhile I suppose, this fact no different

I say as I reach over slowly, wafting the smell of the green liquid, and treating it like a fine wine, without drinking it.

And It will take some time to recollect of these brown furred creatures, and of Dragons. Rarely are such events grouped together, in such a land as apparently peaceful and quiet as this.

[roll2]

Spell Craft for the Potions

[roll3]

Spell Craft for the Scroll.

redzarna
2012-08-23, 01:21 AM
Zyrashana

I assumed Zyrashana went with Lingi and waited outside the store. Probably Assirra would be here too, but... well, I have no news from Waylor, so...

The soother lets Draygar guess what the items are; she has just dismounted, while she waited outside the store for Lingi to sell the loot, and seems to be taking a few minutes to get used to the place, surveying the surroundings and looking somewhat out of place with her tribal attire. She dismisses the giant mantis with a quick hand movement, and the vermin just flies away to the outskirts of the town, in search for some small preys.

Once the zahunite seems comfortable with the situation, she joins Lingi and Draygar "Are you two done, then? We're heading to that... Green Apple Inn?"

Loki_42
2012-08-23, 01:33 PM
Your group is actually already at the Old Toll House. EE, you figure out that the potions contain cure light wounds, and the scroll contains Spiritual Weapon. You can think of nothing in the regions history to suggest the Hobgoblins change of deity, only that they should be worshiping Maglubiyet.

Your small group stands outside the well-crafted stonework facade of the Old Toll House, a large building for almost all governmental affairs. Town guards are seen entering and exiting it, and it's easily the largest building in the whole town. As you gather outside it, the doors open. The guard you spoke with earlier, Sergeant Hersk, exits. As soon as he spots you, he shouts back into the Toll House "In fact, here they are! I'll send them in to you." Turning towards you, he says, "Hello, again. I was just speaking with our Town Speaker and Captain Sorrana. They'd like to meet with you, if you'll go on inside."

Questing Beast
2012-08-23, 02:39 PM
Lingi

Nodding to the Sergeant Lingi steps past him into the interior of the Toll House. Putting his best foot forward he smiles at the Town Speaker and Captain Sorrana waiting to see what they or his companions have to say.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-08-25, 09:33 PM
I give a humble bow, stepping forward, slowly, with a steady and stable gait, as if it were a pilgrimage of it's own accord.

Seeing the Captain, I toss on a smirk, and give an even deeper bow, wearing a face that is warm and welcome, despite my pale appearance, like a member of Pelor's church should.

Loki_42
2012-08-25, 09:47 PM
Stepping into the building, you see a tall, balding man of about 50, a capable looking swordswoman, and a dwarf decked head to toe in plate armor, with a beard covering almost his whole body and a tower shield the size of him strapped to his back(This is Madcrafter). The dwarf and the woman appear to be arguing, but stop when you step in. The man steps forward to you, inviting you in, before he begins. "My name is Norro Wiston, Town Speaker for Drellin's Ferry, and this" he gestures to the woman, "is our guard captain, Sorrana. I'm going to cut straight to the point. We're in a lot of trouble, and I was hoping you could help us out. Sergeant Hersk said you had defeated some of the hobgoblins out on the road, but there's more of them, they've been killing people all across the Dawn Way."

Questing Beast
2012-08-27, 09:49 AM
Lingi

After waiting a short time for someone else to speak up and ask questions Lingi's itch to talk overcomes him, "Dear Captain what is across the Dawn Way that these creatures want to keep you from approaching? I expect that we would be willing to investigate if your township is willing to hire us on." Looking at the heavily armored dwarf and wondering how he manages to let down his trousers in that metal trap. Glancing around the room Lingi eye's a few seats, "Should we sit and discuss details such as what is expected of us and what compensation we can expect?"

Loki_42
2012-08-28, 06:45 PM
The woman, Soranna, turns to face you, before saying, "We can't be certain of where they are coming from, merely that they seem to be coming from the west and that there is a large concentration of them in the Witchwood. We don't have exact numbers, but it seems like there's a force great enough to sack our town if something isn't done about it."

Norro waits for her to finish, then chimes in with, "Beyond the immediate threat to our homes, the road is our lifeblood. If these creatures make the Dawn Way impassable to the west, we lose out on trade that we need to survive. Not only do we need to repel the raiders from our town, but we've got to keep the road clear. Can you help us? You'd really be helping a lot of good, honest people."

nazgulnine
2012-08-28, 11:22 PM
Tyr

Arms folded over her chest, Melita heaves a deep sigh before speaking up, having kept silent until now. She tosses a brief glance at the group of clerics before addressing the two officials.
"That's all well and good, seeking protection for your home, but outsiders interfere of their own precious time. We've already felled a dozen hobgoblins keeping a watchful eye on your lifeblood. I'd consider that a freebie. Any more of my precious time will require something in return. Tit for tat, if you will, as my associate Lin...ji... here has suggested."

Diplomancy![roll0]

Questing Beast
2012-08-29, 11:50 AM
Lingi

Although only a few hours have passed since Tyr has spoken out loud Lingi forgot he was there and starts a bit as if the man appeared from think air to start talking. Glancing around to see who else might just pop into being Lingi listens as the man talks and cringes a bit a the phrase "Tit for tat". "Other than starting to the West do you have anything a bit more concrete? Is there anywhere we should check or anyone to talk to who may know?"

Loki_42
2012-08-29, 05:10 PM
Norro looks warily to Melita, before saying, "We could pay as much 500 gold per person, if you're successful in driving off the hobgoblins."

Soranna replies to Lingi by saying, "You could check the Witchwood, there have been some sitings in there. To get there, you'd cross the river and take the Dawn Way west, it cuts straight through the forest. Or you could head north and take the Witch Trail, but not many people go that way. If you're going to be in the Witchwood, I'd suggest you seek out Jorr Natherson. His cabin is a little out of the way, but there's not a man alive who knows the woods better. There's also this dwarf who was looking to for men to head out and fight the goblins." She points to the plate mailed dwarf that she had been talking to before you arrived.

Madcrafter
2012-08-30, 12:37 PM
"This dwarf" he gives a sour look towards Soranna "happened to be sent all the way from Brindol to look into these goblin attacks, only to find out there are not enough soldiers in Drellin's Ferry to think about taking the fight to the enemy. The goblins represent a large threat to the region, especially with the stoppage of trade. They need to be eliminated as soon as possible." He looks you over, sizing everyone up.

Questing Beast
2012-08-30, 04:13 PM
Lingi

"If Brindol thinks this is an actual threat the the countryside and we are willing to take on the task I would like a bit more compensation than 500 gold. This sounds like an actual threat rather than just cleaning out the rubbish. I for one feel more than up to the task but it seems to me we will need to purchase a bit more before going into this feet first." Looking at Melita and Norro for his statement then directly at Soranna, "Since we will start looking in the Witchwood tell us more about both this path you would not take and why you wouldn't as well as Jorr Natherson if you would. Also is there anywhere we should be able to purchase additional supplies besides the Town Store?"

Can everyone use their PC name at least once somewhere in posts so that the rest of us don't need to go back to the beginning of the IC thread? I'd rather at least people know I'm referring to them instead of calling them caster guy or meat shield but I'm inclined to that if you won't since I'm playing a snarky elf sparky thing thrower.

redzarna
2012-08-31, 08:20 AM
Zyrashana

The soother pops back into existence and speaks calmly "Did the hobgoblins just appear out of thin air and started attacking? Did they seem to be seeking for something other than the utter destruction of your village? If they are forming such a mighty force as you are suggesting, they must have bigger plans than just raiding a settlement." Zyrashana ponders for a brief moment. "If we are to stop an army, I expect a bigger reward than some petty gold... and a lot of help from your part. I'm sure you can provide us with some means to make our task easier, for your town's sake."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Loki_42
2012-08-31, 09:53 AM
Norro sighs, then says, "You all drive a hard bargain. I suppose we can part with 700 gold each, and I'll commission you the creation of some minor magical items, but that's all we can manage, we're not a rich town. If you wish to do some other shopping of your own, there's Jarret's Sundries, as you mentioned, and Morlin's Smithy. You could also check the Shrine of Pelor or Sertieren the Wise's house, they will sometimes trade magic items with visitors. If you need horses, you can visit Delora's Livery Stable."

Soranna interjects, looking to Lingi, and says, "You were asking about the Witch Trail? The main reason I wouldn't recommend taking it is because it's a less developed path. It's a bit harder to follow, and there are no bridges over the streams. If any of you are skilled woodsmen, or you get Jorr to guide you, it might be a quieter route. Jorr is a local woodsman, sometimes coming in to town to trade, but mostly fending for himself in his cabin near the entrance to the Witchwood. You can reach him quite easily, just go left at the first big trail crossing in the Witch Trail, or if you're taking the Dawn Way, go right on a trail about nine miles from the forest's edge. His cabin is near the Blackwater."

Questing Beast
2012-08-31, 05:26 PM
Lingi

Nodding his head at the information Sovanna is passing and what Norro offers, "I for one find this agreement acceptable. May that which watches over us find it right as well."

redzarna
2012-09-01, 03:52 AM
Zyrashana

"I agree with my companion." The soother looks back at the dwarf. "Will you be parting with us, then?"

Madcrafter
2012-09-01, 09:30 AM
Anili

"Seeing as your the only ones who are taking an active role in this situation, I will. Even if you are gouging these townspeople for the opportunity."

Questing Beast
2012-09-01, 01:01 PM
Lingi

Smiling at the dwarf, "Gouging is one of my specialties. If we encounter any more of these well armed and armored Hobgoblins in the Witch Wood I suspect you will appreciate as I gouge them in a much more deadly fashion. I for one have no problem selling my services to those whom need them. If I gave my services away for free how would i be able to survive? I suggest we stay the evening then start out bright and early in the morning say just before sunup." With everything almost agreed upon and not waiting on the time to rise and shine Lingi goes to see what he can find from the Pelorite church in the way of curative items.

I'm going to use the gold from the spoils we split to buy a CL Wand if one is available as well as as many CL potions as I can.

Am I wrong in thinking you meant 600 GP total not 600 each? I'm hoping that Redzarna is correct and I am wrong in this case :smallamused:

Loki_42
2012-09-01, 09:01 PM
When you reach the shrine, a stout, old man by the name of Brother Derny tells you that he can only deal in scrolls, the church doesn't have a potions brewer.

Questing Beast
2012-09-04, 08:22 AM
Lingi

Lingi goes takes his time between the Shrine of Pelor and Sertieren the Wise's house discovering some interesting purchases. He also shows the the Holy Symbol to confirm whether or not they think is also from a Tiamat worshiper. Once he is done with his purchases it is time for a meal and to plan out what to do so he waits at the Inn and orders a wine with a meal while the others figure themselves out.

If the costs are the same as the DMG Lingi will purchase the following:
From shrine: Scroll Cure Moderate (150g), Scroll Lesser Restoration (150g)

From Wizard: Scroll Invisibility (150g), Scroll Fly (375g)
Total: 825g

Loki_42
2012-09-09, 09:39 AM
The two shops hand over the items you requested, and Brother Derny at the shrine confirms that the holy symbol is indeed to Tiamat.

Loki_42
2012-09-20, 09:56 AM
After the meeting with the town speaker, you all return to your rooms at the inn and enjoy a well-earned rest. Early next morning, you all wake up, ready to embark out into the Witchwood to further battle the hobgoblin menace you encountered the day before. It looks like it will be a nice day, a bit of early morning fog still covers the ground, but that will surely clear up in a bit. What do you do?

Questing Beast
2012-09-21, 01:08 PM
Lingi

Stepping out of his room early Lingi wolfs down his fried eggs and tucks the remainign biscuits and ham into a handkerchief, greeting the others as they show up he sips at his water waiting for everyone to finish waking. "Well since nobody objected to my suggestion of taking the faster Witch trail I believe it's time to get started." With that said Lingi picks up his travel items, slings his pack and practically jumps out the door towards the trail. "I'd like to get to Jorr the woodsman's house early."

Loki_42
2012-09-23, 06:56 PM
Outside the inn, you see Town Speaker Norro approaching you. "Ah, are you heading out now? Here, I wanted to give you all this wand you commissioned." He hands over the Eternal Wand of Lesser Vigor. "Good luck out there. I hope you don't need it."