PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Arcane Prestige Classes for an Epic Lich

Zale
2012-07-15, 12:41 AM
I'm participating in a PBP on this forum. Essentially, level 35 Characters who are despotic tyrants. They get knocked back to level 5, and have to claw their way back up.

Should be entertaining.

I will be playing as a Ritualist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210595) specialized in Necromancy and banning Conjuration*, Divination and Evocation.

My character is a LE Lich. The DM is kindly allowing me to delay the LA until I gain 10~ or so levels.

So, I need a few Prestige Classes to brighten up my character's build and fill in some of the many levels.

Any suggestions?

*Yes, Yes I know that is a bad idea. However, since Ritualist is rather high tier (I guess) I felt the need to restrict my options to avoid accidentally ruining anyone's fun.

Alleran
2012-07-15, 02:53 AM
You're epic. It really doesn't matter. As long as you have 9th level spells, go Cosmic Descryer if you want and reap the benefits of the +12 boost to anything you bind (with GPB that's a 30-HD limit, or with Implore you're at a 36-HD limit). Go Arcane Lord and play with magic. Epic Incantatrix, metamagic. Netherese Arcanist, bonus Epic Spellcasting feat and benefits to Epic spells. Seriously, the sky's pretty much the limit.

Spuddles
2012-07-15, 02:58 AM
You're epic. It really doesn't matter. As long as you have 9th level spells, go Cosmic Descryer if you want and reap the benefits of the +12 boost to anything you bind (with GPB that's a 30-HD limit, or with Implore you're at a 36-HD limit). Go Arcane Lord and play with magic. Epic Incantatrix, metamagic. Netherese Arcanist, bonus Epic Spellcasting feat and benefits to Epic spells. Seriously, the sky's pretty much the limit.

He's level 5.

Alleran
2012-07-15, 04:10 AM
He's level 5.
I'm referring to the built-back-up part once you go through the level 20 threshold. Pretty much any of the usual PrC options work up until then. The Ritualist class already has circle magic, they have full arcane casting, it ignores the need for item creation feats and has a craft reserve, and even without bonus spells per day they're still casting from the Sorc/Wiz list. I don't know that it'll change all that much.

Randomguy
2012-07-15, 06:42 AM
The usual wizard prestige classes. Loremaster, Incantatrix, initiate of the Sevenfold Veil, Archmage, so on.